Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rbck1
Description: RanBP-type and C3HC4-type zinc finger containing 1
Alias: AL033326, HOIL-1, HOIL-1L, UIP28, Ubce7ip3, ranBP-type and C3HC4-type zinc finger-containing protein 1, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase HOIL-1, heme-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase 1 homolog, novel zinc finger, C3HC4 type (RING finger) protein, ubcM4-interacting protein 28, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 7-interacting protein 3
- Mutual regulation of conventional protein kinase C and a ubiquitin ligase complexMunehiro Nakamura
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:340-7. 2006..These results indicate that LUBAC is an E3 for activated conventional PKC, and that PKC and LUBAC regulate each other for proper PKC signaling...
- Involvement of linear polyubiquitylation of NEMO in NF-kappaB activationFuminori Tokunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine and Cell Biology and Metabolism Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 11:123-32. 2009..These results indicate that LUBAC is involved in the physiological regulation of the canonical NF-kappaB activation pathway through linear polyubiquitylation of NEMO...
- Recruitment of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex stabilizes the TNF-R1 signaling complex and is required for TNF-mediated gene inductionTobias L Haas
Division of Apoptosis Regulation, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 36:831-44. 2009..Finally, we demonstrate that sustained stability of the TNF-RSC requires LUBAC's enzymatic activity, thereby adding a third form of ubiquitin linkage to the triggering of TNF signaling by the TNF-RSC...
- Linear ubiquitin assembly complex negatively regulates RIG-I- and TRIM25-mediated type I interferon inductionKyung Soo Inn
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Cell 41:354-65. 2011....
- SHARPIN is a component of the NF-κB-activating linear ubiquitin chain assembly complexFuminori Tokunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 471:633-6. 2011..SHARPIN shows significant similarity to HOIL-1L (also known as RBCK1), a component of linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex (LUBAC), which induces NF-κB activation through ..
- SHARPIN forms a linear ubiquitin ligase complex regulating NF-κB activity and apoptosisFumiyo Ikeda
Frankfurt Institute for Molecular Life Sciences and Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University School of Medicine, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Main, Germany
Nature 471:637-41. 2011..This effect is further enhanced upon concurrent downregulation of HOIL-1L (also known as RBCK1), another HOIP-binding component of LUBAC...
- Specific recognition of linear ubiquitin chains by the Npl4 zinc finger (NZF) domain of the HOIL-1L subunit of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complexYusuke Sato
Structural Biology Laboratory, Life Science Division, Synchrotron Radiation Research Organization and Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20520-5. 2011..The NZF tail binds the proximal ubiquitin to enhance the binding affinity. These recognition mechanisms were supported by the accompanying in vitro and in vivo structure-based mutagenesis experiments...
- Differential Involvement of the Npl4 Zinc Finger Domains of SHARPIN and HOIL-1L in Linear Ubiquitin Chain Assembly Complex-Mediated Cell Death ProtectionSatoshi Shimizu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan Department of Anesthesia, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 36:1569-83. 2016..Thus, selective recognition of ubiquitin chains by NZFs in LUBAC underlies the regulation of LUBAC function. ..
- The paracaspase MALT1 cleaves HOIL1 reducing linear ubiquitination by LUBAC to dampen lymphocyte NF-κB signallingTheo Klein
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Nat Commun 6:8777. 2015....
- Phenotypic complementation of genetic immunodeficiency by chronic herpesvirus infectionDonna A MacDuff
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, United States
elife 4:. 2015..Patients with mutations in HOIL1 (RBCK1) present with amylopectinosis-associated myopathy with or without hyper-inflammation and immunodeficiency...
- HOIP deficiency causes embryonic lethality by aberrant TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell deathNieves Peltzer
Centre for Cell Death, Cancer, and Inflammation CCCI, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, 72 Huntley Street, London WC1E 6DD, UK
Cell Rep 9:153-65. 2014..Hence, LUBAC and its linear-ubiquitin-forming activity are required for maintaining vascular integrity during embryogenesis by preventing TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell death. ..
- HOIL-1L functions as the PKCζ ubiquitin ligase to promote lung tumor growthMarkus A Queisser
1 Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 190:688-98. 2014..Deletion of PKCζ in experimental cancer models has been shown to increase tumor growth. However, the mechanisms of PKCζ down-regulation in cancerous cells have not been previously described...
- The linear ubiquitin assembly complex (LUBAC) is essential for NLRP3 inflammasome activationMary A Rodgers
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033
J Exp Med 211:1333-47. 2014....
- Suppression of LUBAC-mediated linear ubiquitination by a specific interaction between LUBAC and the deubiquitinases CYLD and OTULINTsuyoshi Takiuchi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Genes Cells 19:254-72. 2014..Our observations provide molecular insights into the roles of ligase-deubiquitinase interactions in regulating molecular events resulting from linear ubiquitin conjugation. ..
- TNF-induced necroptosis in L929 cells is tightly regulated by multiple TNFR1 complex I and II membersN Vanlangenakker
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Zwijnaarde Ghent, Belgium
Cell Death Dis 2:e230. 2011..Finally, we also report RIP1-independent but RIP3-mediated necroptosis in the context of TNF signaling in particular conditions...
- Identification of molecular determinants required for interaction of ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes and RING finger proteinsG Martinez-Noel
Heinrich Pette Institut fur experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie an der Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:5912-9. 2001..The result that single amino-acid changes can regulate binding of E2 enzymes to different RING finger proteins suggests a novel approach to experimentally manipulate proteolytic pathways mediated by RING finger proteins...
- Sipl1 and Rbck1 are novel Eya1-binding proteins with a role in craniofacial developmentKathrin Landgraf
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:5764-75. 2010..Here we report the identification of the related proteins Sipl1 (Shank-interacting protein-like 1) and Rbck1 (RBCC protein interacting with PKC1) as novel interaction partners of Eya1...
- HOIL-1L interacting protein (HOIP) as an NF-kappaB regulating component of the CD40 signaling complexBruce S Hostager
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11380. 2010....
- Heme induces ubiquitination and degradation of the transcription factor Bach1Yukari Zenke-Kawasaki
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:6962-71. 2007..These results suggest that heme within a cell regulates the polyubiquitination and degradation of Bach1...
- A family of structurally related RING finger proteins interacts specifically with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcM4G Martinez-Noel
Heinrich Pette Institut fur experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie an der Universitat Hamburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 454:257-61. 1999....
- Genome-wide isolation of growth and obesity QTL using mouse speed congenic strainsCharles R Farber
Department of Animal Science, University of California Davis, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95016 8521, USA
BMC Genomics 7:102. 2006..To confirm and further characterize each QTL, two panels of speed congenic strains were developed by introgressing CAST/EiJ (CAST) QTL alleles onto either mutant C57Bl/6J-hg/hg (HG) or wild type C57Bl/6J (B6) genetic backgrounds...
- Using gene targeting to address the role of LRRK2 in Parkinson's diseaseBruce Hostager; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge will aid in the identification of the environmental triggers and additional genetic factors that participate in the development of Parkinson's disease. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF A MAJOR OBESITY LOCUSCharles Farber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, aim 3 uses a genetical genomics approach to map eQTL for genes within the congenic interval. Data from these aims will enhance our understanding of the genetics and physiology of obesity. ..