Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rala
Description: v-ral simian leukemia viral oncogene A (ras related)
Alias: 3010001O15Rik, AW322615, Ral, Rasl1, ras-related protein Ral-A, RAS-like, family 1, ral-A protein, v-ral simian leukemia viral oncogene homolog A (ras related)
- The RalA GTPase is a central regulator of insulin exocytosis from pancreatic islet beta cellsJamie A Lopez
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:17939-45. 2008b>RalA is a small GTPase that is thought to facilitate exocytosis through its direct interaction with the mammalian exocyst complex...
- Activation of RalA is required for insulin-stimulated Glut4 trafficking to the plasma membrane via the exocyst and the motor protein Myo1cXiao Wei Chen
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Cell 13:391-404. 2007..Here we report that insulin regulates this process via the G protein RalA, which is present in Glut4 vesicles and interacts with the exocyst in adipocytes...
- Divergent roles of CAAX motif-signaled posttranslational modifications in the regulation and subcellular localization of Ral GTPasesLeanna R Gentry
From the Departments of Pharmacology and
J Biol Chem 290:22851-61. 2015The Ras-like small GTPases RalA and RalB are well validated effectors of RAS oncogene-driven human cancer growth, and pharmacologic inhibitors of Ral function may provide an effective anti-Ras therapeutic strategy...
- Role for RalA downstream of Rac1 in skeletal muscle insulin signallingNobuyuki Takenaka
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Osaka Prefecture University, 1 1 Gakuen cho, Naka ku, Sakai 599 8531, Japan
Biochem J 469:445-54. 2015..In the present study, we examined the role of the small GTPase RalA downstream of Rac1 in skeletal muscle fibres isolated from genetically modified mice...
- RalA promotes a direct exocyst-Par6 interaction to regulate polarity in neuronal developmentAmlan Das
University of Pennsylvania Department of Biology, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 127:686-99. 2014..in vivo postnatal electroporation and conditional genetic ablation, we show that the Ras-like small GTPase RalA and its effector, the exocyst, regulate the morphology and polarized migration of neural progenitors derived from ..
- A Ral GAP complex links PI 3-kinase/Akt signaling to RalA activation in insulin actionXiao Wei Chen
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:141-52. 2011..We previously reported that activation of the small GTPase RalA downstream of PI 3-kinase plays a critical role in this process by mobilizing the exocyst complex for GLUT4 vesicle ..
- Elevated RalA activity in the hippocampus of PI3Kγ knock-out mice lacking NMDAR-dependent long-term depressionSu Eon Sim
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 747, Korea
BMB Rep 46:103-6. 2013..The activity of RalA, a small GTP-binding protein, increases following NMDAR-LTD inducing stimuli, and this increase in RalA activity is ..
- Genetic deletion of RALA and RALB small GTPases reveals redundant functions in development and tumorigenesisPascal Peschard
Oncogene Team, Division of Cancer Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, UK
Curr Biol 22:2063-8. 2012RAL small GTPases, encoded by the Rala and Ralb genes, are members of the RAS superfamily of small GTPases and can act as downstream effectors of RAS ...
- Direct binding of RalA to PKCη and its crucial role in morphological change during keratinocyte differentiationYasuhito Shirai
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 22:1340-52. 2011..In addition, we identify the small G protein RalA as a binding partner of PKCη, which binds to the C1 domain, an indispensable region for the morphological change...
- M-Sec promotes membrane nanotube formation by interacting with Ral and the exocyst complexKoji Hase
Laboratory for Epithelial Immunobiology, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 11:1427-32. 2009..Furthermore, blockage of the interaction of M-Sec with Ral and the exocyst complex, which serves as a downstream effector of Ral, attenuated the formation of membrane ..
- Nidogen/entactin (Nid) maps to the proximal end of mouse chromosome 13 linked to beige (bg) and identifies a new region of homology between mouse and human chromosomesN A Jenkins
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702
Genomics 9:401-3. 1991
- A molecular genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 13 anchored by the beige (bg) and satin (sa) lociM J Justice
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, BRI Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Genomics 6:341-51. 1990..The map locations of Ctla-3, Dhfr, Fim-1, 4/12, Hexb, Hilda, Inhba, Lamb-1.13, Ral, Rrm2-ps3, and Tcrg were determined with respect to the beige (bg) and satin (sa) loci...
- A putative effector of Ral has homology to Rho/Rac GTPase activating proteinsS H Park
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02142, USA
Oncogene 11:2349-55. 1995We report here the cloning of a gene encoding a novel Ral interacting protein (RIP1) from a cDNA expression library using radiolabeled Ral as probe. RIP1 binds to Ral in a GTP-dependent manner. The 4...
- Ral isoforms are implicated in Fc gamma R-mediated phagocytosis: activation of phospholipase D by RalAMatthias Corrotte
Département Neurotransmission et Sécrétion Neuroendocrine, Institut des Neurosciences Cellulaires et Integratives, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Propre de Recherche 3212, Strasbourg, France
J Immunol 185:2942-50. 2010..In this study, we investigated the role of a potential PLD regulator, the Ral GTPases RalA and RalB, in murine RAW 264.7 macrophages...
- Salmonella-directed recruitment of new membrane to invasion foci via the host exocyst complexChristina D Nichols
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0732, USA
Curr Biol 20:1316-20. 2010..Exocyst assembly requires activation of the small GTPase RalA, which we show is triggered during Salmonella infection by the translocated effector, SopE...
- RalA-exocyst complex regulates integrin-dependent membrane raft exocytosis and growth signalingNagaraj Balasubramanian
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 20:75-9. 2010..The small GTPase RalA is activated in metastatic cancers through multiple mechanisms and specifically induces anchorage independence...
- A new role of ran GTPaseT Nishimoto
Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 262:571-4. 1999..In both microtubule assembly and nucleocytoplasmic transport, chromosomal localization of RCC1 is important to carry out the functions of RanGTPase. In this regard, a future intriguing question is how RCC1 interacts with chromatin DNA...
- The GTPase RalA regulates different steps of the secretory process in pancreatic beta-cellsSanda Ljubicic
Department of Cell Biology and Morphology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 4:e7770. 2009b>RalA and RalB are multifuntional GTPases involved in a variety of cellular processes including proliferation, oncogenic transformation and membrane trafficking...
- Ral overactivation in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumorsVidya Bodempudi
Department of Medicine, KUMC Molecular Medicine Laboratory, University of Kansas School of Medicine, 1000 Hixon, Mail Stop 4037, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:3964-74. 2009..b>RalA, however, was overactivated in all MPNST cells and tumor samples compared to nontransformed Schwann cells...
- The physical and genetic map surrounding the Lyst gene on mouse chromosome 13D J Misumi
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genomics 40:147-50. 1997..These data are consistent with LYST being the gene for the human Chediak-Higashi Syndrome and strengthen the synteny relationship between MMU13 and human 1q43...
- R-Ras regulates exocytosis by Rgl2/Rlf-mediated activation of RalA on endosomesAkiyuki Takaya
Department of Signal Transduction, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:1850-60. 2007..correlated with the accumulation of an R-Ras effector, the Rgl2/Rlf guanine nucleotide exchange factor for RalA, and also with high RalA activity...
- Constitutive activation of the MEK/ERK pathway mediates all effects of oncogenic H-ras expression in primary erythroid progenitorsJing Zhang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA, USA
Blood 104:1679-87. 2004..H-ras: Raf/ERK (extracellular signal-regulated kinase), phosphatidyl inositol 3 (PI3)-kinase/Akt, and RalGEF/RalA. However, only constitutive activation of the MEK (MAPK [mitogen-activated protein kinase]/ERK kinase)/ERK pathway ..
- G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathwayJacques T Weissman
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3911 Sorrento Valley Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Oncogene 23:241-9. 2004..A constitutively active mutant of Galphai2 also mediated Ras/rap-dependent responses. These data indicate that GPCRs coupled to pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-proteins activate Rap through a Galpha subunit, C3G, and Src-dependent pathway...
- Elevated phospholipase D activity in H-Ras- but not K-Ras-transformed cells by the synergistic action of RalA and ARF6Lizhong Xu
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:645-54. 2003..PLD activity in H-Ras-transformed cells is dependent upon RalA, and consistent with a lack of elevated PLD activity in K-Ras-transformed cells, RalA was not activated in K-Ras-..
- Tissue-specific expression of GTPas RalA and RalB during embryogenesis and regulation by epithelial-mesenchymal interactionZ Zhao
Yale Child Health Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mech Dev 97:201-4. 2000b>RalA and RalB are members of the Ras-like GTP-binding protein family. To investigate if Ral GTPases play a role in development, temporal and spatial patterns of RalA and RalB gene expression were examined during embryogenesis...
- Sak kinase gene structure and transcriptional regulationJ W Hudson
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Canada
Gene 241:65-73. 2000..Using various Sak promoter/luciferase constructs, the core promoter region required for expression was located within 400bp of the message Cap site, and sequence further 5' strongly suppressed transcription...
- Comparative mapping in the beige-satin region of mouse chromosome 13C M Perou
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Genomics 39:136-46. 1997..The results show that the bg region of mouse Chr 13 is highly conserved on human Chr 1q42-q44 and provide a starting point for a complete functional analysis of the entire bg-sa interval...
- Ras-like genes and gene families in the mouseG Drivas
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Mamm Genome 1:112-7. 1991..Two possible clusters of Ras-like and/or G protein genes were identified, on Chrs 9 and 17...