Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pygopus 2
Description: pygopus 2
Alias: 1190004M21Rik, pygopus homolog 2
- pygopus 2 has a crucial, Wnt pathway-independent function in lens inductionNi Song
Divisions of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 134:1873-85. 2007..Here we have investigated the microophthalmia that arises in mice with a germline null mutation of pygopus 2. We show that this phenotype is a consequence of defective lens development at inductive stages...
- Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney developmentKristopher R Schwab
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Biol 5:15. 2007..To better understand the functions of Pygopus-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in kidney development, targeted mutations were made in the two mammalian orthologs, Pygo1 and Pygo2...
- Developmental phenotypes and reduced Wnt signaling in mice deficient for pygopus 2Boan Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 1700, USA
Genesis 45:318-25. 2007..Taken together, our studies show for the first time that mpygo2 deletion affects embryonic development of some but not all Wnt-requiring tissues...
- Pygo2 expands mammary progenitor cells by facilitating histone H3 K4 methylationBingnan Gu
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Cell Biol 185:811-26. 2009....
- Cloning and developmental expression of mouse pygopus 2, a putative Wnt signaling componentBaoan Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Genomics 84:398-405. 2004....
- Nuclear regulator Pygo2 controls spermiogenesis and histone H3 acetylationMahalakshmi Nair
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Dev Biol 320:446-55. 2008..b>Pygopus 2 (Pygo2) belongs to a family of evolutionarily conserved PHD finger proteins thought to act as co-activators of ..
- Chromatin effector Pygo2 regulates mammary tumor initiation and heterogeneity in MMTV-Wnt1 miceK Watanabe
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Oncogene 33:632-42. 2014..We have previously shown that Pygopus 2 (Pygo2), a chromatin effector and context-dependent Wnt signaling coactivator, regulates mammary gland ..
- Chromatin effector Pygo2 mediates Wnt-notch crosstalk to suppress luminal/alveolar potential of mammary stem and basal cellsBingnan Gu
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cell Stem Cell 13:48-61. 2013Epigenetic mechanisms regulating lineage differentiation of mammary stem cells (MaSCs) remain poorly understood. Pygopus 2 (Pygo2) is a histone methylation reader and a context-dependent Wnt/β-catenin coactivator...
- Neural crest stem cell-specific deletion of the Pygopus2 gene modulates hair follicle developmentAlla Narytnyk
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Centre for Life, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3BZ, UK
Stem Cell Rev 10:60-8. 2014..in neural crest cells, we analyzed Wnt1-cre(+/-)::Pygo2(-/-) mice in which the β-catenin co-activator gene, Pygopus 2 (Pygo2), is deleted specifically in neural crest cells...
- Pygo2 regulates β-catenin-induced activation of hair follicle stem/progenitor cells and skin hyperplasiaPeng Sun
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:10215-20. 2014..Here, we show that chromatin effector Pygopus homolog 2 (Pygo2) produced by the epithelial cells facilitates depilation-induced hair regeneration, as well as β-..
- Pax6-dependent, but β-catenin-independent, function of Bcl9 proteins in mouse lens developmentClaudio Cantù
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Genes Dev 28:1879-84. 2014..Furthermore, we uncover a new regulatory circuit in which Pax6, the master regulator of eye development, directly activates Bcl9/9l transcription. ..
- The Pygo2-H3K4me2/3 interaction is dispensable for mouse development and Wnt signaling-dependent transcriptionClaudio Cantù
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Development 140:2377-86. 2013....
- Analysis of mPygo2 mutant mice suggests a requirement for mesenchymal Wnt signaling in pancreatic growth and differentiationNicolas Jonckheere
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 2300, USA
Dev Biol 318:224-35. 2008..Together, our data suggest a previously unappreciated role for mesenchymal Wnt signaling in regulating pancreatic organ growth and cell differentiation...