Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Psme1
Description: proteasome (prosome, macropain) activator subunit 1 (PA28 alpha)
Alias: AW413925, PA28a, proteasome activator complex subunit 1, 11S regulator complex subunit alpha, PA28 alpha subunit, PA28alpha, REG-alpha, activator of multicatalytic protease subunit 1, protease (prosome, macropain) 28 subunit, alpha, proteasome (prosome, macropain) 28 subunit, alpha, proteasome activator 28 subunit alpha
- Antigen presentation by MHC class I and its regulation by interferon gammaK Fruh
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, General Atomics Court, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 11:76-81. 1999..Thus, a rather complex picture emerges for the rules governing peptide production in the presence or absence of IFN-gamma...
- Impaired immunoproteasome assembly and immune responses in PA28-/- miceT Preckel
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 286:2162-5. 1999In vitro PA28 binds and activates proteasomes. It is shown here that mice with a disrupted PA28b gene lack PA28a and PA28b polypeptides, demonstrating that PA28 functions as a hetero-oligomer in vivo...
- A role for the proteasome regulator PA28alpha in antigen presentationM Groettrup
Institute for Biochemistry, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Nature 381:166-8. 1996..the murine cytomegalovirus pp89 protein was transfected with either the human or murine gene encoding the PA28alpha subunit, which is sufficient to activate the peptide-hydrolysing activity of the 20S proteasome in vitro...
- Enhancement of proteasome function by PA28α overexpression protects against oxidative stressJie Li
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, 414 East Clark St, Lee Medical Bldg, Vermillion, SD 57069, USA
FASEB J 25:883-93. 2011....
- Immunoproteasome assembly and antigen presentation in mice lacking both PA28alpha and PA28betaS Murata
Department of Molecular Oncology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
EMBO J 20:5898-907. 2001Two members of the proteasome activator, PA28alpha and PA28beta, form a heteropolymer that binds to both ends of the 20S proteasome...
- Removal of damaged proteins during ES cell fate specification requires the proteasome activator PA28Malin Hernebring
Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, SE 413 90 Goteborg, Sweden
Sci Rep 3:1381. 2013....
- Proteasome dysfunction mediates obesity-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and insulin resistance in the liverToshiki Otoda
Department of Disease Control and Homeostasis, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Ishikawa, Japan
Diabetes 62:811-24. 2013..Taken together, our data suggest that proteasome dysfunction mediates obesity-induced ER stress, leading to insulin resistance in the liver...
- The ubiquitin-proteasome system plays essential roles in presenting an 8-mer CTL epitope expressed in APC to corresponding CD8+ T cellsXuefeng Duan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int Immunol 18:679-87. 2006..Furthermore, mice deficient in a proteasome regulator, PA28alpha/beta, failed to acquire protective immunity...
- Spatial arrangement and functional role of α subunits of proteasome activator PA28 in hetero-oligomeric formMasaaki Sugiyama
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 432:141-5. 2013..Based on these data, we hypothesize that the flexible PA28 loops act as gatekeepers, which function to select the length of peptide substrates to be transported between the proteolytic chamber and the extra-proteasomal medium...
- Antiangiogenic tumor therapy by DNA vaccine inducing aquaporin-1-specific CTL based on ubiquitin-proteasome system in miceBin Chou
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
J Immunol 189:1618-26. 2012..Thus, this ubiquitin-conjugated DNA immunization-targeting tumor vasculature is a valid and promising antitumor therapy. This vaccine works across the barriers of tumor species and MHC class I differences in host mice...
- Why the structure but not the activity of the immunoproteasome subunit low molecular mass polypeptide 2 rescues antigen presentationMichael Basler
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, Constance University, CH 8280 Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
J Immunol 189:1868-77. 2012..Taken together, our data provide a rationale why the structural property of an immunoproteasome subunit rather than its activity is required for the generation of a CTL epitope...
- Differential roles of proteasome and immunoproteasome regulators Pa28αβ, Pa28γ and Pa200 in the degradation of oxidized proteinsAndrew M Pickering
Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center of the Davis School of Gerontology, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0191, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 523:181-90. 2012....
- Nrf2-dependent induction of proteasome and Pa28αβ regulator are required for adaptation to oxidative stressAndrew M Pickering
Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center of the Davis School of Gerontology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Biol Chem 287:10021-31. 2012..Thus, immunoproteasome appears to be (at most) minimally regulated by the Nrf2 signal transduction pathway...
- Immunoproteasomes down-regulate presentation of a subdominant T cell epitope from lymphocytic choriomeningitis virusMichael Basler
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, University of Constance, Konstanz, Germany
J Immunol 173:3925-34. 2004..Taken together, we show that LMP2 and LMP7 can at least in part determine subdominance and shape the epitope hierarchy of CTL responses in vivo...
- PA28 and the proteasome immunosubunits play a central and independent role in the production of MHC class I-binding peptides in vivoNatascha de Graaf
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 41:926-35. 2011....
- Allele-selective effect of PA28 in MHC class I antigen processingTaketoshi Yamano
Laboratory for Immunochaperones, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
J Immunol 181:1655-64. 2008..Retrovirus-transduced overexpression of PA28alpha decreased expression of K(d) (D(d)) while it increased K(b) and L(d) on the cell surface...
- Differential expression regulation of the alpha and beta subunits of the PA28 proteasome activator in mature dendritic cellsFerry Ossendorp
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 174:7815-22. 2005..In the present study, we show that expression of PA28alpha and beta subunits was differentially regulated...
- Two distinct pathways mediated by PA28 and hsp90 in major histocompatibility complex class I antigen processingTaketoshi Yamano
Department of Molecular Medicine, Division of Immunology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
J Exp Med 196:185-96. 2002..Geldanamycin, an inhibitor of hsp90, almost completely suppressed OVA antigen presentation in PA28alpha(-/-)/beta(-/-) lipopolysaccharide blasts, but not in wild-type cells, indicating that hsp90 compensates for the ..
- The mouse Supt16h/Fact140 gene, encoding part of the FACT chromatin transcription complex, maps close to Tcra and is highly expressed in thymusM V McGuire
Department of Immunology, IMM1, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mamm Genome 12:664-7. 2001
- Nucleotide sequence analysis of the approximately 35-kb segment containing interferon-gamma-inducible mouse proteasome activator genesM Yawata
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, Hayama 240 0193, Japan
Immunogenetics 53:119-29. 2001..Previously, we showed that the genes coding for PA28 alpha and PA28 beta, designated Psme1 and Psme2, respectively, are located approximately 6 kb apart with their 3' ends pointing toward each other on ..
- Structural and functional characterizations of the proteasome-activating protein PA26 from Trypanosoma bruceiY Yao
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33921-30. 1999..5 nm. The ring binds and activates 20 S proteasomes from T. brucei as well as rat, whereas human PA28alpha can neither bind nor activate T. brucei 20 S proteasome...
- Characterization of the mouse PA28 activator complex gene family: complete organizations of the three member genes and a physical map of the approximately 150-kb region containing the alpha- and beta-subunit genesK Kohda
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Immunol 160:4923-35. 1998..In this study, we describe the complete nucleotide sequences of the mouse genes, Psme1, Psme2, and Psme3, coding for the alpha-, beta-, and gamma-subunits, respectively...
- Structural analysis and chromosomal localization of the mouse Psmb5 gene coding for the constitutively expressed beta-type proteasome subunitK Kohda
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060, Japan
Immunogenetics 47:77-87. 1997..These results were confirmed by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis that localized Psmb5 to band C2 to proximal D1 of chromosome 14 and Psmb5-ps to band D of chromosome 11...
- PA28 subunits of the mouse proteasome: primary structures and chromosomal localization of the genesE Kandil
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060, Japan
Immunogenetics 46:337-44. 1997..Interspecific backcross mapping showed that the mouse genes coding for the alpha- and beta-subunits (designated Psme1 and Psme2, respectively) are tightly linked and map close to the Atp5g1 locus on chromosome 14...
- Sequence and expression of mouse proteasome activator PA28 and the related autoantigen KiH Jiang
Graduate Program in Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, University of Cincinnati, 231 Bethesda Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45 267 0521, USA
Immunogenetics 46:93-8. 1997..cloned and sequenced full-length mouse cDNAs for the two homologous subunits of the proteasome activator PA28 (PA28alpha and PA28beta), as well as for the related protein Ki. These proteins are highly conserved among species...