Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prok1
Description: prokineticin 1
Alias: EG-VEGF, prokineticin-1, endocrine-gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor, prok1
- Prokineticin-1 modulates proliferation and differentiation of enteric neural crest cellsElly S W Ngan
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:536-45. 2007..Taken together, it is the first report demonstrating that Prok-1 acts as a gut mucosa/mesenchyme-derived factor and maintains proliferation and differentiation of enteric NCCs...
- Prokineticin-1 (Prok-1) works coordinately with glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) to mediate proliferation and differentiation of enteric neural crest cellsElly S W Ngan
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:467-78. 2008..Taken together, these findings provide evidence that Prok-1 crosstalks with GDNF/Ret signaling and probably provides an additional layer of signaling refinement to maintain proliferation and differentiation of enteric NCCs...
- PPARγ controls pregnancy outcome through activation of EG-VEGF: new insights into the mechanism of placental developmentVanessa Garnier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 1036, Grenoble, France Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France iRTSV Biology of Cancer and Infection, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Grenoble, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 309:E357-69. 2015..The present data reveal EG-VEGF as a new mediator of PPARγ effects during pregnancy and bring new insights into the fine mechanism of trophoblast invasion. ..
- Prokineticin 2 transmits the behavioural circadian rhythm of the suprachiasmatic nucleusMichelle Y Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nature 417:405-10. 2002..The high expression of PKR2 mRNA within the SCN and the positive feedback of PK2 on its own transcription through activation of PKR2 suggest that PK2 may also function locally within the SCN to synchronize output...
- Transgene produces massive overexpression of human beta -glucuronidase in mice, lysosomal storage of enzyme, and strain-dependent tumorsCarole Vogler
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2669-73. 2003....
- The endocrine-gland-derived VEGF homologue Bv8 promotes angiogenesis in the testis: Localization of Bv8 receptors to endothelial cellsJennifer LeCouter
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2685-90. 2003..The testis exhibits relatively high turnover of endothelial cells. Therefore, Bv8 and EG-VEGF, along with other factors such as VEGF-A, may maintain the integrity and also regulate proliferation of the blood vessels in the testis...
- Mouse endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor: a distinct expression pattern from its human ortholog suggests different roles as a regulator of organ-specific angiogenesisJennifer LeCouter
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Endocrinology 144:2606-16. 2003..We propose that mouse EG-VEGF, like human EG-VEGF, plays a role in regulating the phenotype and growth properties of endothelial cells within distinct capillary beds...
- Placental expression of EG-VEGF and its receptors PKR1 (prokineticin receptor-1) and PKR2 throughout mouse gestationP Hoffmann
INSERM, Unité 878, Grenoble, France
Placenta 28:1049-58. 2007..the expression of EG-VEGF (endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor), also known as prokineticin 1 (PK1) in human placenta during the first trimester of pregnancy and showed that this factor is likely to play ..