Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkcz
Description: protein kinase C, zeta
Alias: AI098070, C80388, Pkcz, R74924, aPKCzeta, nPKC-zeta, zetaPKC, protein kinase C zeta type, atypical protein kinase C, protein kinase C zeta subspecies
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Targeted disruption of the zetaPKC gene results in the impairment of the NF-kappaB pathwayM Leitges
Max Planck Institut fur Experimentelle Endokrinologie, Feodor Lynen Str 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Mol Cell 8:771-80. 2001Here we have addressed the role that zetaPKC plays in NF-kappaB activation using mice in which this kinase was inactivated by homologous recombination...
- Regulation of cell survival by atypical protein kinase C isozymesHans H Grunicke
Institute of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Innsbruck, Fritz pregel Str 3, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Adv Enzyme Regul 43:213-28. 2003
- Function of atypical protein kinase C lambda in differentiating photoreceptors is required for proper lamination of mouse retinaChieko Koike
Department of Developmental Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Neurosci 25:10290-8. 2005..Our data suggest that properly polarized photoreceptors anchor progenitors at the apical edge of the neural retina, which may be essential for building correct laminar organization of the retina...
- Repletion of atypical protein kinase C following RNA interference-mediated depletion restores insulin-stimulated glucose transportMini P Sajan
James A Haley Veterans Medical Center and Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17466-73. 2006The role of atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) in insulin-stimulated glucose transport in myocytes and adipocytes is controversial...
- Expression of the atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) isoforms iota/lambda and zeta during mouse embryogenesisJudit Kovac
Max Planck Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Feodor Lynen Strasse 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 7:187-96. 2007..Both, PKC iota/lambda and zeta show highly specific temporal and spatial patterns of expression which may help in distinguishing physiological functions of these isoforms...
- Protein kinase C-zeta phosphorylates insulin receptor substrate-1, -3, and -4 but not -2: isoform specific determinants of specificity in insulin signalingSihoon Lee
Diabetes Unit, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0920, USA
Endocrinology 149:2451-8. 2008..The inability of PKC-zeta to phosphorylate IRS-2 may help determine specific functional roles for IRS-2...
- Spatial and temporal regulation of GLUT4 translocation by flotillin-1 and caveolin-3 in skeletal muscle cellsKatia Fecchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
FASEB J 20:705-7. 2006..Taken together, these results indicate that flotillin-1 and caveolin-3 may regulate muscle energy metabolism through the spatial and temporal segregation of key components of the insulin signaling...
- Mechanical loading by fluid shear stress enhances IGF-1 receptor signaling in osteoblasts in a PKCzeta-dependent mannerJason W Triplett
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Medical Science Building, Room 346, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5120, USA
Mol Cell Biomech 4:13-25. 2007..Together, our results suggest that fluid shear stress may regulate IGF-I signaling in osteoblasts in a PKC-zeta-dependent manner...
- The product of par-4, a gene induced during apoptosis, interacts selectively with the atypical isoforms of protein kinase CM T Diaz-Meco
Centro de Biología Molecular Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Cell 86:777-86. 1996..These findings support a role for the atypical PKC subspecies in the control of cell growth and survival...
- The cell-polarity protein Par6 links Par3 and atypical protein kinase C to Cdc42G Joberty
Markey Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0577, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:531-9. 2000..with Cdc42-GTP, with a human homologue of the multi-PDZ protein PAR-3 and with the regulatory domains of atypical protein kinase C (PKC) proteins...
- A mammalian PAR-3-PAR-6 complex implicated in Cdc42/Rac1 and aPKC signalling and cell polarityD Lin
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 2:540-7. 2000..mPAR-6 binds to Cdc42/Rac1 GTPases, and mPAR-3 and mPAR-6 bind independently to atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) isoforms. In vitro, mPAR-3 acts as a substrate and an inhibitor of aPKC...
- Role of zeta PKC in B-cell signaling and functionPilar Martin
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Canto Blanco, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 21:4049-57. 2002The atypical protein kinase C isoform, zeta PKC, has been implicated in the control of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B pathways...
- Essential role of RelA Ser311 phosphorylation by zetaPKC in NF-kappaB transcriptional activationAngeles Duran
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Canto Blanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 22:3910-8. 2003..In vitro assays showed that zetaPKC directly phosphorylates RelA...
- PAR3 is essential for cyst-mediated epicardial development by establishing apical cortical domainsTomonori Hirose
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medical Science, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Development 133:1389-98. 2006..These results also provide a clear example of the proper organization of epithelial tissues through the regulation of individual cell polarity...
- Protein kinase C alpha but not PKCzeta suppresses intestinal tumor formation in ApcMin/+ miceHenrik Oster
Laboratory for Signal Transduction, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Endocrinology and Department of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cancer Res 66:6955-63. 2006....
- Protein kinase C-zeta activation markedly enhances beta-cell proliferation: an essential role in growth factor mediated beta-cell mitogenesisRupangi C Vasavada
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Diabetes 56:2732-43. 2007....
- Cdc42 is crucial for the establishment of epithelial polarity during early mammalian developmentXunwei Wu
University of Copenhagen, Institute of Molecular Pathology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dev Dyn 236:2767-78. 2007..Finally, aggregation experiments with endodermal cell lines suggested that Cdc42 might affect formation of adherens and tight junctions by PKCzeta-dependent regulation of the protein levels of p120 catenin and E-cadherin...
- Protein kinase Czeta represses the interleukin-6 promoter and impairs tumorigenesis in vivoAnita S Galvez
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3125 Eden Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:104-15. 2009..The atypical protein kinase C (PKC) isoform, PKCzeta, has been shown to interact with the signaling adapter p62, which is important ..
- Pivotal Advance: PKCzeta is required for migration of macrophagesHua Guo
Research Center of Basic Medical Sciences and Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, 300060, China
J Leukoc Biol 85:911-8. 2009..Our previous study reported that atypical protein kinase C zeta (PKCzeta) regulates epidermal growth factor-induced chemotaxis of human breast cancer cells...
- The PCP genes Celsr1 and Vangl2 are required for normal lung branching morphogenesisLaura L Yates
Medical Research Council, Harwell, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:2251-67. 2010....
- Alleviating neuropathic pain hypersensitivity by inhibiting PKMzeta in the anterior cingulate cortexXiang yao Li
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Center for the Study of Pain, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Science 330:1400-4. 2010..Microinjection of ZIP into the ACC blocked behavioral sensitization. These results suggest that PKMζ in the ACC acts to maintain neuropathic pain. PKMζ could thus be a new therapeutic target for treating chronic pain...
- BDNF facilitates L-LTP maintenance in the absence of protein synthesis through PKMζFan Mei
School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21568. 2011..These results suggest that BDNF sustains L-LTP through PKMζ in a protein synthesis-independent manner, revealing an unexpected link between BDNF and PKMζ...
- Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesisHirotaka Tao
Laboratory for Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Dev Biol 364:138-48. 2012..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function...
- Scribble is required for normal epithelial cell-cell contacts and lumen morphogenesis in the mammalian lungLaura L Yates
Mammalian Genetics Unit, Medical Research Council, Harwell, UK
Dev Biol 373:267-80. 2013..Thus we reveal novel and important roles for Scrib in lung development operating via the PCP pathway, and in regulating junctional complexes and cell cohesion...
- Prkcz null mice show normal learning and memoryAnna M Lee
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 5858 Horton Street, Suite 200, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
Nature 493:416-9. 2013Protein kinase M-ζ (PKM-ζ) is a constitutively active form of atypical protein kinase C that is exclusively expressed in the brain and implicated in the maintenance of long-term memory...
- PKM-ζ is not required for hippocampal synaptic plasticity, learning and memoryLenora J Volk
Department of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 493:420-3. 2013..Notably, ZIP still reverses LTP in PKC-ζ/PKM-ζ knockout mice, indicating that the effects of ZIP are independent of PKM-ζ...
- Protein kinase Czeta is required for oleic acid-induced secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 by intestinal endocrine L cellsRoman Iakoubov
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Endocrinology 148:1089-98. 2007..Because the atypical protein kinase C (PKC), PKCzeta, is involved in FA signaling in many cells, the role of PKCzeta in FA-induced GLP-1 ..
- Overexpression of mammalian protein kinase C-zeta does not affect the growth characteristics of NIH 3T3 cellsP Crespo
Molecular Signaling Unit, National Institute of Dental Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 213:266-72. 1995..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that mammalian PKC zeta does not directly participate in signaling pathways involved in oncogenic transformation...
- Protein kinase C-theta is specifically localized on centrosomes and kinetochores in mitotic cellsM Passalacqua
Institute of Biological Chemistry, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 1 16132 Genoa, Italy
Biochem J 337:113-8. 1999..We propose that, unlike other members of the PKC family, PKC-straight theta may play a role in cell proliferation...
- Association of ASIP/mPAR-3 with adherens junctions of mouse neuroepithelial cellsNaoyuki Manabe
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Dev Dyn 225:61-9. 2002....
- Differentiation of nonbeating embryonic stem cells into beating cardiomyocytes is dependent on downregulation of PKC beta and zeta in concert with upregulation of PKC epsilonXuan Zhou
Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Dev Biol 255:407-22. 2003..e., ionic exchange glass beads) with recently developed methods for differentiating ES cells creates a possible novel technique for investigating differentiation of ES cells into cardiomyocytes as well as other cell types...
- EGF-stimulated signaling by means of PI3K, PLCgamma1, and PKC isozymes regulates branching morphogenesis of the fetal mouse submandibular glandNoriko Koyama
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, The City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Dev Dyn 227:216-26. 2003..These findings indicate that signaling from the EGF receptor in the fetal mouse SMG varies with development and triggers stimulatory effects by means of ERK-1/2 and PI3K but inhibitory effects by means of PKC isozymes...
- Regulation of cell polarity and protrusion formation by targeting RhoA for degradationHong Rui Wang
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M56 1x5, Canada
Science 302:1775-9. 2003..b>Atypical protein kinase C zeta (PKCzeta), an effector of the Cdc42/Rac1-PAR6 polarity complex, recruited Smurf1 to cellular ..
- Atypical PKC-zeta regulates SDF-1-mediated migration and development of human CD34+ progenitor cellsIsabelle Petit
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Clin Invest 115:168-76. 2005..Our results demonstrate a central role for PKC-zeta in SDF-1-dependent regulation of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell motility and development...
- Thyroid hormones increase inducible nitric oxide synthase gene expression downstream from PKC-zeta in murine tumor T lymphocytesMaria Laura Barreiro Arcos
Laboratorio de Inmunofarmacologia, CEFYBO CONICET, Paraguay 2155 1121 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C327-36. 2006..These results show, for the first time, that differential intracellular signals are involved in TH modulation of lymphocyte physiology and pathophysiology...
- Dual alterations in casein kinase I-epsilon and GSK-3beta modulate beta-catenin stability in hyperproliferating colonic epitheliaShahid Umar
Div of Gastroenterology, Univ of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0632, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G599-607. 2007....
- Effects of PKC zeta on early genome transcription activation in mouse 1-cell stage fertilized eggsBing Zhi Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, PR China
Cell Biochem Funct 25:619-24. 2007..PKC zeta specific inhibitor can also inhibit early transcription in 1-cell stage fertilized eggs (p < 0.05). The results suggest that PKC zeta participates in early transcription activation in mouse 1-cell stage fertilized eggs...
- Wnt5a is essential for intestinal elongation in miceSara Cervantes
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Biol 326:285-94. 2009..Thus, our study demonstrates that Wnt5a functions as a critical regulator of midgut formation and morphogenesis in mammals...
- Role of atypical protein kinase C in activation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c and nuclear factor kappa B (NFkappaB) in liver of rodents used as a model of diabetes, and relationships to hyperlipidaemia and insulin resistanceM P Sajan
Research Service, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Diabetologia 52:1197-207. 2009Previous findings in rodents used as a model of diabetes suggest that insulin activation of atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) is impaired in muscle, but, unexpectedly, conserved in liver, despite impaired hepatic protein kinase B (PKB/Akt)..
- Protein kinase Czeta regulates Cdk5/p25 signaling during myogenesisAurelie de Thonel
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, 20521 Turku, Finland
Mol Biol Cell 21:1423-34. 2010....
- PKCzeta regulates cell polarisation and proliferation restriction during mammary acinus formationJacqueline Whyte
UCD Conway Institute and School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Cell Sci 123:3316-28. 2010..Paralleling these contributions, we found that low levels of PKCζ mRNA expression are associated with more 'poorly differentiated' tumours and a poor outcome in a cohort of 295 breast cancer patients...
- Differential dephosphorylation of the protein kinase C-zeta (PKCζ) in an integrin αIIbβ3-dependent manner in plateletsAzad Mayanglambam
Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3420 N Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 82:505-13. 2011..This differential dephosphorylation of PKCζ might be an important regulatory mechanism for platelet functional responses...
- Brd2 is required for cell cycle exit and neuronal differentiation through the E2F1 pathway in mouse neuroepithelial cellsMami Tsume
Department of Molecular Embryology, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Osaka Prefectural Hospital Organization, Izumi, Osaka 594 1101, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:762-8. 2012..These findings suggest that Brd2 is required for cell cycle exit and neuronal differentiation of neuroepithelial cells through the E2F1 pathway during mouse CNS development...
- Functional comparison of protein domains within aPKCs involved in nucleocytoplasmic shuttlingSebastian Seidl
Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, NO 0349, Oslo, Norway
Biol Open 1:436-45. 2012..Taken together, we show for the first time, that the atypical isoforms aPKCι and ζ underly different mechanisms regarding their regulation of subcellular localization and translocation into the nucleus in MDCK cells...
- Atypical protein kinase C and Par3 are required for proteoglycan-induced axon growth inhibitionSeong il Lee
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior and Program in Neuroscience, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Neurosci 33:2541-54. 2013..Here we provide biochemical and functional evidence that atypical protein kinase C (PKCζ) and polarity (Par) complex proteins mediate axon growth inhibition...
- Soluble CD40 ligand stimulates CD40-dependent activation of the β2 integrin Mac-1 and protein kinase C zeda (PKCζ) in neutrophils: implications for neutrophil-platelet interactions and neutrophil oxidative burstRong Jin
Vascular Biology and Stroke Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64631. 2013..These findings may contribute to a better understanding of the underlying mechanisms by which sCD40L/CD40 pathway contributes to inflammation and vascular diseases...
- The Hippo pathway member Nf2 is required for inner cell mass specificationKatie Cockburn
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Curr Biol 23:1195-201. 2013..Together, these data establish a clear role for Nf2 upstream of Yap in the preimplantation embryo and demonstrate that Hippo signaling is essential to segregate the ICM from the TE. ..
- The tumor suppressor Lgl1 forms discrete complexes with NMII-A and Par6α-aPKCζ that are affected by Lgl1 phosphorylationInbal Dahan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Medical Research Israel Canada, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Cell Sci 127:295-304. 2014..These results provide new insights into the mechanism regulating the interaction between Lgl1, NMII-A, Par6α and aPKCζ in polarized migrating cells. ..
- Vertebrate limb bud formation is initiated by localized epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitionJerome Gros
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 343:1253-6. 2014..This work shows that limb buds initiate earlier than previously thought, as a result of localized EMT rather than differential proliferation rates. ..
- Common and distinctive localization patterns of Crumbs polarity complex proteins in the mammalian eyeJin Young Kim
Shriners Hospitals Pediatric Research Center and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 17:31-7. 2015..These findings suggest that core Crumbs polarity complex proteins exert common and independent functions depending on cellular context...
- Hyperglycemia stimulates p62/PKCζ interaction, which mediates NF-κB activation, increased Nox4 expression, and inflammatory cytokine activation in vascular smooth muscleGang Xi
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA and College of Food Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, Nanjing, China
FASEB J 29:4772-82. 2015....
- Phosphorylation of GAP-43 (growth-associated protein of 43 kDa) by conventional, novel and atypical isotypes of the protein kinase C gene family: differences between oligopeptide and polypeptide phosphorylationS A Oehrlein
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Biochem J 317:219-24. 1996..These results suggest that there are multiple sites of interaction between GAP-43 and PKC...
- Hydrogen sulfide and L-cysteine increase phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3) and glucose utilization by inhibiting phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) protein and activating phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/serine/threonine protein kinase (APrasenjit Manna
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39848-59. 2011..This study provides evidence for a molecular mechanism by which H(2)S or LC can up-regulate the insulin-signaling pathways essential for maintenance of glucose metabolism...
- Protein kinase C (PKC)ζ-mediated Gαq stimulation of ERK5 protein pathway in cardiomyocytes and cardiac fibroblastsCarlota García-Hoz
Departamento de Biologia Molecular and Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad Autónoma de Madrid CSIC UAM, 28049 Madrid, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:7792-802. 2012..Taken together, our results show that PKCζ is essential for Gq-dependent ERK5 activation in cardiomyocytes and cardiac fibroblasts and indicate a key cardiac physiological role for the Gα(q)/PKCζ/ERK5 signaling axis...
- Regulation of cochlear convergent extension by the vertebrate planar cell polarity pathway is dependent on p120-cateninMaria F Chacon-Heszele
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Development 139:968-78. 2012..Together, these results indicate that the vertebrate PCP pathway regulates CE and hair cell polarity independently and that a p120-catenin-dependent mechanism regulates CE of the cochlea...
- Numb is required for the production of terminal asymmetric cell divisions in the developing mouse retinaAmel Kechad
Cellular Neurobiology Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Neurosci 32:17197-210. 2012....
- Control of nutrient stress-induced metabolic reprogramming by PKCζ in tumorigenesisLi Ma
Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 152:599-611. 2013..Furthermore, PKCζ and caspase-3 activities are correlated with PHGDH levels in human intestinal tumors. Taken together, this demonstrates that PKCζ is a critical metabolic tumor suppressor in mouse and human cancer...
- The role of atypical protein kinase C in CSF-1-dependent Erk activation and proliferation in myeloid progenitors and macrophagesAngel W Lee
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25580. 2011..Our results demonstrated that CSF-1 dependent Erk activation and proliferation are regulated differentially in progenitors and differentiated cells...
- Cell type-specific expression of the genes for the protein kinase C family: down regulation of mRNAs for PKC alpha and nPKC epsilon upon in vitro differentiation of a mouse neuroblastoma cell line neuro 2aH Wada
Department of Molecular Biology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 165:533-8. 1989..In a mouse neuroblast cell line, Neuro 2a, down modulation of mRNAs for both PKC alpha and nPKC epsilon was observed in association with in vitro differentiation...
- Protein kinase C-zeta reverts v-raf transformation of NIH-3T3 cellsA Kieser
Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, Forschungszentrum für Umwelt and Gesundheit, Munchen, Germany
Genes Dev 10:1455-66. 1996..In summary, our data suggest that PKC-zeta counteracts v-raf transformation by modulating the expression of the transcription factors junB and egr-1...
- Developmental expression of MARCKS and protein kinase C in mice in relation to the exencephaly resulting from MARCKS deficiencyP J Blackshear
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Laboratories, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 96:62-75. 1996....
- Expression and activity of protein kinase C isoenzymes during normal and abnormal murine palate developmentG Balasubramanian
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, 65211, USA
J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 20:26-34. 2000....
- The expression and stage-specific localization of protein kinase C isotypes during mouse preimplantation developmentC M Pauken
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Department of Biology, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 85287 1501, USA
Dev Biol 223:411-21. 2000..Two isotypes have a stage-dependent nuclear localization. In addition, within each blastomere PKC isotypes occupy different subcellular locations in a stage-dependent fashion...
- RhoA-dependent murine prostate cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis: role of protein kinase CzetaParamita M Ghosh
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 62:2630-6. 2002..The atypical protein kinase C (PKC) isoform PKCzeta, which is downstream of PI3K, was activated in cells expressing active RhoA...
- Functional association of cytokine-induced SH2 protein and protein kinase C in activated T cellsShangwu Chen
Immunology Group, Institute of Cell and Molecular Sciences, St Barts and The Royal London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1A 7BE, UK
Int Immunol 15:403-9. 2003..These results suggest that CIS regulates PKC activation, and that this may be important for the activation of both the AP-1 and NF-kappaB pathways in TCR signaling...
- Dose-dependent differential expression of protein kinase C isozymes in mouse lymphocytes after gamma irradiation in vivo and ex vivoPrajakta A Varadkar
Radiation Biology Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 4000 85, India
Radiat Res 159:453-7. 2003..The response of Prkcz was found to be similar to that of Prkcd...
- Prevention of NMDA-induced death of cortical neurons by inhibition of protein kinase CzetaSusanna Koponen
Department of Neurobiology, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Neurochem 86:442-50. 2003..Altogether, the results indicate that PKCzeta activation is a downstream signal in NMDA-induced death of cortical neurons...
- PKC zeta II, a small molecule of protein kinase C zeta, specifically expressed in the mouse brainTakaaki Hirai
Department of Animal Resource Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, 113 8657 Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 348:151-4. 2003..An alternative promoter for PKCzetaII was localized in intron 4 of the PKCzeta gene. The specificity of PKCzetaII expression can be regulated at the transcription level in a cell-type-specific manner...
- Specific isoforms of protein kinase C are essential for prevention of folate-resistant neural tube defects by inositolPatricia Cogram
Neural Development Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Hum Mol Genet 13:7-14. 2004..Hindgut cell proliferation was stimulated specifically by inositol, an effect that required activation of PKCbetaI. Our findings reveal an essential role of specific PKC isoforms in mediating the prevention of mouse NTDs by inositol...
- Identification of PKCzetaII: an endogenous inhibitor of cell polarityScott J Parkinson
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, UK
EMBO J 23:77-88. 2004A new member of the atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) family, designated PKCzetaII, is identified in this study. The gene contains no introns and is 98% homologous with the cDNA encoding PKCzeta...
- TRADD interacts with STAT1-alpha and influences interferon-gamma signalingDuane R Wesemann
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Nat Immunol 5:199-207. 2004..These data indicate that TRADD may be involved in IFN-gamma signaling by forming a complex with STAT1-alpha within the nucleus and regulating IFN-gamma-mediated STAT1-alpha activation...
- Crosstalk between PKCzeta and the IL4/Stat6 pathway during T-cell-mediated hepatitisAngeles Duran
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 23:4595-605. 2004..In contrast, Par-4-/- mice have increased sensitivity to ConA-induced liver damage and IL-4 signaling. This unveils a novel and critical involvement of PKCzeta in the IL-4/Stat6 signaling pathway in vitro and in vivo...
- E-cadherin is essential for in vivo epidermal barrier function by regulating tight junctionsJudith A Tunggal
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne CMMC, Cologne, Germany
EMBO J 24:1146-56. 2005..Surprisingly, our results indicate that E-cadherin is specifically required for tight junction, but not desmosome, formation and this appears to involve signalling rather than cell contact formation...
- Direct binding to ceramide activates protein kinase Czeta before the formation of a pro-apoptotic complex with PAR-4 in differentiating stem cellsGuanghu Wang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26415-24. 2005We have reported that ceramide mediates binding of atypical protein kinase C (PKC) zeta to its inhibitor protein, PAR-4 (prostate apoptosis response-4), thereby inducing apoptosis in differentiating embryonic stem cells...
- Expression profile of protein kinase C isozymes in preimplantation mouse developmentHesam Dehghani
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 Canada
Reproduction 130:441-51. 2005....
- Regulation of caspase 9 through phosphorylation by protein kinase C zeta in response to hyperosmotic stressSuzanne C Brady
Biomedical Research Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:10543-55. 2005..and interactions with caspase 9 indicate that the predominant kinase that targets Ser144 is the atypical protein kinase C isoform zeta (PKCzeta)...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma signaling through protein kinase Czeta induces NADPH oxidase-mediated oxidant generation and NF-kappaB activation in endothelial cellsRandall S Frey
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, The University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16128-38. 2006..Thus, PI3Kgamma lies upstream of PKCzeta in the endothelium, and its activation is crucial in signaling NADPH oxidase-dependent oxidant production and subsequent NF-kappaB activation and ICAM-1 expression...
- ANG II-induced cell proliferation is dually mediated by c-Src/Yes/Fyn-regulated ERK1/2 activation in the cytoplasm and PKCzeta-controlled ERK1/2 activity within the nucleusMichael D Godeny
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C1297-307. 2006..In response to ANG II, the ability of ERK1/2 to remain within the cytoplasm or translocate into the nucleus is controlled by c-Src/Yes/Fyn or heterotrimeric G protein/PKCzeta signaling, respectively...
- Ceramide regulates atypical PKCzeta/lambda-mediated cell polarity in primitive ectoderm cells. A novel function of sphingolipids in morphogenesisKannan Krishnamurthy
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3379-90. 2007..Our data suggest a novel mechanism by which a ceramide-induced, apicolateral polarity complex with PKCzeta/lambda regulates primitive ectoderm cell polarity and morphogenesis...
- Leishmania donovani-induced ceramide as the key mediator of Akt dephosphorylation in murine macrophages: role of protein kinase Czeta and phosphataseRanadhir Dey
Dept of Microbiology, Bose Institute, P 1 12, CIT Scheme VII M, Kolkata, India
Infect Immun 75:2136-42. 2007....
- Microarray analysis and functional genomics identify novel components of melanopsin signalingStuart N Peirson
Circadian and Visual Neuroscience Group, University of Oxford, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 17:1363-72. 2007..Here, we use a microarray-based approach, which we term transcriptional recalibration, coupled with functional genomics to identify downstream targets of melanopsin signaling...
- The chemokine SDF1 controls multiple steps of myogenesis through atypical PKCzetaVeysel Odemis
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 13, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Cell Sci 120:4050-9. 2007..The potent inhibitory effects of SDF1 on myogenic differentiation point to a major function of CXCR4-PKCzeta signaling in the control of secondary muscle growth...
- Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryosNoriyuki Nishioka
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Mech Dev 125:270-83. 2008....
- GSK3 beta mediates acentromeric spindle stabilization by activated PKC zetaD Page Baluch
Cell and Molecular Biosciences, School of Life Sciences, P O Box 874501, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 4501, USA
Dev Biol 317:46-58. 2008....
- Phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-atypical protein kinase C signaling is required for Wnt attraction and anterior-posterior axon guidanceAlex M Wolf
Committee on Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 28:3456-67. 2008..Here we show that atypical protein kinase C (aPKC), is required for Wnt-mediated attraction of commissural axons and proper anterior-posterior (A-P) ..
- Par-4 inhibits Akt and suppresses Ras-induced lung tumorigenesisJayashree Joshi
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
EMBO J 27:2181-93. 2008....
- VEGF secretion by macrophages is stimulated by lipid and protein components of OxLDL via PI3-kinase and PKCzeta activation and is independent of OxLDL uptakeMaziar Riazy
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Atherosclerosis 204:47-54. 2009..We conclude that VEGF upregulation is mediated through PI3K and PKCzeta, and does not involve the above three scavenger receptors or require uptake of oxidized LDL...
- KIBRA Co-localizes with protein kinase Mzeta (PKMzeta) in the mouse hippocampusYohei Yoshihama
Department of Animal Resource Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:147-51. 2009..These results suggest that KIBRA functions in memory performance via interaction with PKMzeta...
- Simultaneous inactivation of Par-4 and PTEN in vivo leads to synergistic NF-kappaB activation and invasive prostate carcinomaPablo J Fernandez-Marcos
Spanish National Cancer Research Center, 3 Melchor Fernandez Almagro Street, Madrid 28029, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12962-7. 2009..These results establish the cooperation between Par-4 and PTEN as relevant for the development of prostate cancer and implicate the NF-kappaB pathway as a critical event in prostate tumorigenesis...
- Rescue of atypical protein kinase C in epithelia by the cytoskeleton and Hsp70 family chaperonesAnastasia Mashukova
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Cell Sci 122:2491-503. 2009..We conclude that both filamentous keratins and Hsp70 are required for the rescue rephosphorylation of mature atypical PKC, regulating the subcellular distribution and steady-state levels of active PKC iota...
- MARCKS modulates radial progenitor placement, proliferation and organization in the developing cerebral cortexJill M Weimer
UNC Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 136:2965-75. 2009..restriction of key polarity complexes [CDC42, beta-catenin (CTNNB1), N-cadherin (CDH2), myosin IIB (MYOIIB), aPKCzeta, LGL, PAR3, pericentrin, PROM1] is lost...
- An essential role of the aPKC-Aurora A-NDEL1 pathway in neurite elongation by modulation of microtubule dynamicsDaisuke Mori
Department of Genetic Disease Research, Osaka City University, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 11:1057-68. 2009..Here we identify an atypical protein kinase C (aPKC)-Aurora A-NDEL1 pathway that is crucial for the regulation of microtubule organization during ..
- A cell polarity protein aPKClambda is required for eye lens formation and growthYuki Sugiyama
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham, UK
Dev Biol 336:246-56. 2009..These observations indicate that aPKClambda, a regulator of polarity and apical junctions, is required for development of a lens that is the correct size and shape...
- Protein kinase C zeta mediates cigarette smoke/aldehyde- and lipopolysaccharide-induced lung inflammation and histone modificationsHongwei Yao
Department of Environmental Medicine, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 285:5405-16. 2010b>Atypical protein kinase C (PKC) zeta is an important regulator of inflammation through activation of the nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway...
- CBP histone acetyltransferase activity regulates embryonic neural differentiation in the normal and Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome brainJing Wang
Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Program, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
Dev Cell 18:114-25. 2010..Inhibition of histone deacetylation rescued these deficits. Moreover, CBP phosphorylation by atypical protein kinase C zeta was necessary for histone acetylation at neural gene promoters and appropriate differentiation...
- The apical complex couples cell fate and cell survival to cerebral cortical developmentSeonhee Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Division of Genetics, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 66:69-84. 2010..These data highlight unexpected roles of the apical complex protein Pals1 in cell survival through interactions with mTOR signaling...
- PKMzeta inhibition reverses learning-induced increases in hippocampal synaptic strength and memory during trace eyeblink conditioningNoelia Madroñal
Division de Neurociencias, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e10400. 2010..induced by HFS and by experience the same? Protein kinase Mzeta (PKMzeta), an autonomously active atypical protein kinase C isoform, plays a key role in the maintenance of LTP induced by tetanic stimulation and the storage of ..
- Differential expression of protein kinase C isoforms in coronary arteries of diabetic mice lacking the G-protein Gα11Dieter Paul Hoyer
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str, 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:93. 2010..The present study was therefore designed to determine the role of Gq-protein signalling via Gα11 in diabetes for the expression of PKC isozymes in the coronary vessels...
- The glutamate agonist homocysteine sulfinic acid stimulates glucose uptake through the calcium-dependent AMPK-p38 MAPK-protein kinase C zeta pathway in skeletal muscle cellsJi Hae Kim
Department of Anatomy, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul 136 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:7567-76. 2011..Together, the above results suggest that HCSA may have a beneficial role in glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle cells via stimulation of AMPK...
- Pulmonary surfactant protein A enhances endolysosomal trafficking in alveolar macrophages through regulation of Rab7Vicky Sender
Division of Cellular Pneumology, Department of Experimental Pneumology, Research Center Borstel, Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biosciences, 23845 Borstel, Germany
J Immunol 186:2397-411. 2011..The data demonstrate a novel role for SP-A in modulating endolysosomal trafficking via Rab7 in primary AM and define biochemical pathways involved...
- Neurogenin3 initiates stepwise delamination of differentiating endocrine cells during pancreas developmentMathieu Gouzi
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, School of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 240:589-604. 2011..In the chick embryo, Ngn3 independently controls epithelium delamination and differentiation programs. Developmental Dynamics 240:589-604, 2011. © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- beta-Catenin/NF-kappaBeta and Colon CancerShahid Umar; Fiscal Year: 2004..By studying a mechanistic basis of NF-kappaB and beta-catenin mediated increases in cell census, in the absence and presence of chronic inflammation, we may identify new treatment strategies for reducing cancer risk. ..