Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prdx1
Description: peroxiredoxin 1
Alias: MSP23, NkefA, OSF-3, OSF3, PAG, Paga, PrdxI, PrxI, TDX2, TPxA, Tdpx2, prx1, peroxiredoxin-1, Trx dependent peroxide reductase 2, macrophage 23 Kd stress protein, macrophage 23 kDa stress protein, macrophage 23kDa stress protein, macrophase stress protein 22kDa, macrophase stress protein 23 kd, osteoblast-specific factor 3, proliferation-associated gene A, thioredoxin peroxidase 2, thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase 2
- Reversing the inactivation of peroxiredoxins caused by cysteine sulfinic acid formationHyun Ae Woo
Center for Cell Signaling Research and Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
Science 300:653-6. 2003..The mammalian cells' ability to reduce protein sulfinic acid might serve as a mechanism to repair oxidatively damaged proteins or represent a new type of cyclic modification by which the function of various proteins is regulated...
- Essential role for the peroxiredoxin Prdx1 in erythrocyte antioxidant defence and tumour suppressionCarola A Neumann
Center for Blood Research and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 424:561-5. 2003..We have generated mice with targeted inactivation of Prdx1, a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes...
- Induction of peroxiredoxin I gene expression by LPS involves the Src/PI3K/JNK signalling pathwayAntje Bast
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1799:402-10. 2010..Our results suggest that the up-regulation of Prx I gene expression by LPS is part of the cellular response to stress and may protect against oxidative stress-related injury in RAW 264.7 cells...
- Peroxiredoxin 1 stimulates secretion of proinflammatory cytokines by binding to TLR4Jonah R Riddell
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Immunol 184:1022-30. 2010b>Peroxiredoxin 1 (Prx1) is an antioxidant and molecular chaperone that can be secreted from tumor cells. Prx1 is overexpressed in many cancers, and elevation of Prx1 is associated with poor clinical outcome...
- Regulation of reactive oxygen species, DNA damage, and c-Myc function by peroxiredoxin 1Rachel A Egler
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Rangos Research Center, 3460 Fifth Ave, USA
Oncogene 24:8038-50. 2005..We previously demonstrated that peroxiredoxin 1 (Prdx1), a scavenger of reactive oxygen species (ROS), interacts with a region of the c-Myc transcriptional ..
- Expression of peroxiredoxins and thioredoxins in the mouse spinal cord during embryonic developmentMarc Pirson
Group of Animal Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institut des Sciences de la Vie ISV, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1348, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Comp Neurol 523:2599-617. 2015..Our results highlight several patterns that contrast with available data for the adult. Indeed, Prdx1, Prdx4, and Prdx6, which are expressed in glial cells in the adult CNS, present clear neuronal localization in ..
- Comparative proteomic analysis identifies protein disulfide isomerase and peroxiredoxin 1 as new players involved in embryonic interdigital cell deathS W Shan
Department of Anatomy, Basic Medical Science Building, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Dev Dyn 233:266-81. 2005..5. We established that protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) expression was up-regulated at E13.5, while peroxiredoxin 1 (Prdx1) expression was down-regulated at this time point...
- Identification of the homeobox protein Prx1 (MHox, Prrx-1) as a regulator of osterix expression and mediator of tumor necrosis factor α action in osteoblast differentiationXianghuai Lu
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:209-19. 2011..One protein, the paired related homeobox protein (Prx1), had been shown previously to have a critical role in limb bud formation and skeletal patterning...
- Nitrosative stress induces peroxiredoxin 1 ubiquitination during ischemic insult via E6AP activation in endothelial cells both in vitro and in vivoRong Rong Tao
1 Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biochemical Pharmaceutics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Antioxid Redox Signal 21:1-16. 2014..b>Peroxiredoxin 1 (Prx1) can initiate the antioxidant response by scavenging free radicals...
- Dominant role of peroxiredoxin/JNK axis in stemness regulation during neurogenesis from embryonic stem cellsSun Uk Kim
Aging Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea Department of Functional Genomics, University of Science and Technology UST, Daejeon, Republic of Korea National Primate Research Center, KRIBB, Chungcheongbuk Do, Republic of Korea Division of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Stem Cells 32:998-1011. 2014....
- Oligomeric peroxiredoxin-I is an essential intermediate for p53 to activate MST1 kinase and apoptosisA Morinaka
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 30:4208-18. 2011..Collectively, our results show a novel PRX-I function to cause cell death in response to high levels of oxidative stress by activating MST1, which underlies the p53-dependent cytotoxicity caused by anticancer agents...
- [Effects of yiqi chutan recipe on tumor growth, survival time and expressions of PRDX-1 and PRDX-6 in Lewis lung carcinoma model mice with pi-deficiency syndrome]Li zhu Lin
Department of Oncology, First Teaching Hospital, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 31:99-103. 2011....
- Peroxiredoxin 1 stimulates endothelial cell expression of VEGF via TLR4 dependent activation of HIF-1αJonah R Riddell
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50394. 2012..b>Peroxiredoxin 1 (Prx1) was recently identified as an endogenous ligand for TLR4 that is secreted from CaP cells and promotes ..
- Peroxiredoxin I deficiency attenuates phagocytic capacity of macrophage in clearance of the red blood cells damaged by oxidative stressYing Hao Han
Aging Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon, Korea
BMB Rep 45:560-4. 2012....
- Peroxiredoxin I null mice exhibits reduced acute lung inflammation following ozone exposureRie Yanagisawa
Center for Environmental Health Sciences, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba 305 8506, Japan
J Biochem 152:595-601. 2012..However, its precise mechanisms are not fully elucidated. Here, we examined the role of peroxiredoxin I (PrxI) in O(3)-induced pulmonary inflammation using PrxI null (PrxI(-/-)) and wild-type (WT) mice...
- Amniotic fluid activates the nrf2/keap1 pathway to repair an epidermal barrier defect in uteroAaron J Huebner
Department of Dermatology and Charles C Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Dev Cell 23:1238-46. 2012..Our findings reveal that the functions of Nrf2 and the composition of amniotic fluid have coevolved to ensure the formation of a functional barrier...
- Multilevel regulation of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin reaction cycle by S-nitrosylationRotem Engelman
Department of Biochemistry, Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 288:11312-24. 2013..In this study we investigated how NO/SNO may affect the redox cycle of mammalian peroxiredoxin-1 (Prx1), a representative of the 2-Cys Prxs, a group of thioredoxin (Trx)-dependent peroxidases...
- Peroxiredoxin I is a ROS/p38 MAPK-dependent inducible antioxidant that regulates NF-κB-mediated iNOS induction and microglial activationSun Uk Kim
National Primate Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungbuk 363 883, Republic of Korea
J Neuroimmunol 259:26-36. 2013..The findings of our work suggest possible strategies for developing novel therapies to treat inflammation-associated degenerative neurological diseases by targeting the induction of Prx I in microglial cells...
- Cloning and characterization of OSF-3, a new member of the MER5 family, expressed in mouse osteoblastic cellsS Kawai
Pharma Research Laboratories, Hoechst Japan Limited, Saitama
J Biochem 115:641-3. 1994..A cDNA clone was identified and sequenced, encoding a protein designated as osteoblast specific factor 3 (OSF-3) comprising 199 amino acids...
- Crucial role of peroxiredoxin III in placental antioxidant defense of miceLianqin Li
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:2431-4. 2008..Nevertheless, we noticed enhanced expression of PrxI in erythrocytes of pregnant knockout mice...
- Inhibition of phorbol ester-dependent peroxiredoxin I gene activation by lipopolysaccharide via phosphorylation of RelA/p65 at serine 276 in monocytesNastiti Wijayanti
Institut für Klinische Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 44:699-710. 2008..In summary, LPS-dependent inhibition of Prx I gene activation by TPA in monocytes is regulated via a pathway that involves phosphorylation of the NF-kappaB subunit p65 at serine 276...
- Peroxiredoxin1 prevents excessive endothelial activation and early atherosclerosisJanka Kisucka
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circ Res 103:598-605. 2008..b>Prdx1 is known to be important to protect red blood cells against reactive oxygen species and in tumor prevention...
- Regulation of reactive oxygen species homeostasis by peroxiredoxins and c-MycJ Anthony Graves
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6520-9. 2009..Loss of the most ubiquitous member of the family, Prx1, is associated with the accumulation of oxidatively damaged DNA and a tumor-prone phenotype...
- Prdx1 inhibits tumorigenesis via regulating PTEN/AKT activityJuxiang Cao
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Medical Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
EMBO J 28:1505-17. 2009..However, the exact mechanisms are still unclear. As mice lacking the peroxidase peroxiredoxin1 (Prdx1) produce more cellular ROS and die prematurely of cancer, they offer an ideal model system to study ROS-induced ..
- The antioxidant enzyme Prdx1 controls neuronal differentiation by thiol-redox-dependent activation of GDE2Ye Yan
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 138:1209-21. 2009..Here we show that the antioxidant scavenger peroxiredoxin1 (Prdx1) interacts with GDE2, and that loss of Prdx1 causes motor neuron deficits analogous to GDE2 ablation...
- Inactivation of peroxiredoxin I by phosphorylation allows localized H(2)O(2) accumulation for cell signalingHyun Ae Woo
Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Cell 140:517-28. 2010..We now show that PrxI associated with membranes is transiently phosphorylated on tyrosine-194 and thereby inactivated both in cells ..
- Aggravation of bleomycin-induced pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis in mice lacking peroxiredoxin INorihiro Kikuchi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:600-9. 2011....
- Phorbol ester-dependent activation of peroxiredoxin I gene expression via a protein kinase C, Ras, p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwayAlexander Hess
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Giessen D 35392, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:45419-34. 2003..The data indicate that a protein kinase C, Ras, MEKK1, p38 MAPK signaling pathway plays a major role for the transcriptional up-regulation of Prx I gene expression...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of candidate human natural killer-enhancing factor genesH Shau
Division of Surgical Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine 90024 1782
Immunogenetics 40:129-34. 1994..Therefore, as well as for immunoregulation of NK activity, NKEF may be important for cells in coping with oxidative insults...
- Cloning and characterization of a 23-kDa stress-induced mouse peritoneal macrophage proteinT Ishii
Department of Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:18633-6. 1993..A cDNA encoding a novel stress-inducible protein, designated MSP23 (macrophage 23-kDa stress protein), was cloned from a cDNA library of the macrophages by differential screening...
- Characterization of mouse peroxiredoxin I genomic DNA and its expressionT H Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, P O Box 115, Yusong, Taejon, South Korea
Gene 239:243-50. 1999..e. the Prx I gene was well conserved in human and mice via its anti-oxidant activity...
- Polypeptides differentially expressed in imaginal discs define the peroxiredoxin family of genes in DrosophilaJ Rodriguez
Centro de Biologia Molecular, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Eur J Biochem 267:487-97. 2000..The microsequence data showed identity with amino acids encoded by the human proliferation association gene, pag, which is a thiol-specific antioxidant...
- Pathways of induction of peroxiredoxin I expression in osteoblasts: roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and protein kinase CBaojie Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12418-22. 2002....
- Oxidative and nitrosative stress induces peroxiredoxins in pancreatic beta cellsA Bast
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Diabetologia 45:867-76. 2002..We investigated whether peroxiredoxins I and II are present in pancreatic beta cells and if they are inducible by oxidative and nitrosative stress...
- Pag, a putative tumor suppressor, interacts with the Myc Box II domain of c-Myc and selectively alters its biological function and target gene expressionZhao Mei Mu
Section of Hematology Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43175-84. 2002..A yeast two-hybrid screen identified Pag as a MBII-interacting protein...
- Identification of galectin I and thioredoxin peroxidase II as two arsenic-binding proteins in Chinese hamster ovary cellsKwang Ning Chang
Department of Life Science, National Central University, Chung Li, Taoyuan, Taiwan 32054, Republic of China
Biochem J 371:495-503. 2003..It is suggested that Gal-1 and TPX-II are two proteins that serve as high-affinity binding sites for As(III) and thus both may be involved in the biological action of As(III)...
- Site-specific gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cells with intact bacterial artificial chromosomesYi Yang
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:447-51. 2003..Correctly integrated clones were identified by a simple screening procedure based on chromosomal fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). To date, five mutant lines have been generated and bred to homozygosity by this approach...
- Regulation of peroxiredoxins by nitric oxide in immunostimulated macrophagesAlexandre Diet
Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles CNRS, 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 282:36199-205. 2007....
- Quantitative trait locus mapping for age-related cataract severity and synechia prevalence using four-way cross miceNorman Wolf
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7470, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1922-9. 2004..The goal of this study was to map mouse quantitative trait loci (QTL) that influence the development of murine age-related cataract and synechia, by using a genetically heterogeneous mouse population bred by a four-way cross...
- Cloning and expression of mouse peroxiredoxin I in IEC-6 CellsBo Zhang
Institute of Combined Injury of PLA, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Third Military Medical University, Gaotanyan Street 30, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2109-12. 2004..To clone and express mouse peroxiredoxin I in IEC-6 cells...
- Characterization of mammalian sulfiredoxin and its reactivation of hyperoxidized peroxiredoxin through reduction of cysteine sulfinic acid in the active site to cysteineTong Shin Chang
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:50994-1001. 2004..Finally, depletion of human Srx by RNA interference suggested that Srx is largely responsible for reduction of the Cys-SO2H of Prx in A549 human cells...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitor FK228 activates tumor suppressor Prdx1 with apoptosis induction in esophageal cancer cellsIsamu Hoshino
Department of Frontier Surgery M9, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:7945-52. 2005..The purpose of this study is to reveal the effect of FK228 on gene expression in the cell and to determine the mechanism of the antitumor activity of FK228 for further clinical applications...
- Tissue Prx I in the protection against Fe-NTA and the reduction of nitroxyl radicalsJunya Uwayama
Biomolecular and Integrated Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:226-31. 2006..These results demonstrate that Prx I-/- mice have less reducing activity and are more susceptible to the damage mediated by reactive oxygen species in vivo than wild-type mice...
- Dual role of peroxiredoxin I in macrophage-derived foam cellsJames P Conway
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27991-8001. 2006..These results are consistent with multiple roles for Prx I in macrophage-derived foam cells that include functionality as both an antioxidant and a regulator of oxidant-sensitive signal transduction...
- Mouse translation elongation factor eEF1A-2 interacts with Prdx-I to protect cells against apoptotic death induced by oxidative stressRuying Chang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Cell Biochem 100:267-78. 2007..Thus, our results suggest that eEF1A-2 interacts with Prdx-I to functionally provide cells with extraordinary resistance to oxidative stress-induced cell death...
- Proteomic analysis defines altered cellular redox pathways and advanced glycation end-product metabolism in glomeruli of db/db diabetic miceMichelle T Barati
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1157-65. 2007..Of 105 analyzed spots, expression of 40 proteins, including the antioxidative enzymes peroxiredoxin 1 and 3, glutathione peroxidase 1, and SOD-1, was increased with diabetes, suggesting an adaptive response to ..
- Trends in oxidative aging theoriesFlorian L Muller
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:477-503. 2007..Studies in mice argue for a role of oxidative stress in age-related disease, especially cancer; however, with regard to aging per se, the data either do not support or remain inconclusive on whether oxidative stress determines life span...
- Effects of thioredoxin reductase-1 deletion on embryogenesis and transcriptomeAlla A Bondareva
VMB, Molecular Biosciences, 960 Technology Blvd, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59718, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:911-23. 2007..Conserved responses to Txnrd1 disruption likely allowed proliferation and limited differentiation of the mutant embryo cells...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Aging: 33rd Ann. Mtg. of AGENorman Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr. Bickford has investigated hotel accommodations there and has found that both the Radisson and the Hilton offer excellent accommodations for the meeting. She is negotiating with both. ..
- DIETARY & GENETIC CONTROL OF ROS DAMAGE TO THE LENSNorman S Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..These will aid in the search for initiating events and the mechanisms leading up to the cataract formation. ..