Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ppp1r12a
Description: protein phosphatase 1, regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 12A
Alias: 1200015F06Rik, 5730577I22Rik, AA792106, AV099298, D10Ertd625e, Mypt1, protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 12A, myosin phosphatase target subunit 1, myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1
- Molecular cloning and analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the human MYPT1 geneH Machida
First Department of Internal Medicine, University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1517:424-9. 2001We have cloned and sequenced a 5 kb genomic fragment in the 5'-flanking region of the human myosin phosphatase target subunit 1. The transcription initiation site (+1) was 268 bp upstream from the translation start site...
- Regulation of myosin phosphatase by Rho and Rho-associated kinase (Rho-kinase)K Kimura
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma 630 01, Japan
Science 273:245-8. 1996..Overexpression of RhoA or activated RhoA in NIH 3T3 cells increased phosphorylation of MBS and MLC. Thus, Rho appears to inhibit myosin phosphatase through the action of Rho-kinase...
- Myosin phosphatase target subunit 1 (MYPT1) regulates the contraction and relaxation of vascular smooth muscle and maintains blood pressureYan Ning Qiao
From the Key Laboratory of MOE for Modern Teaching Technology, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an 710062, China, Model Animal Research Center and MOE Key Laboratory of Animal Models of Disease, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210061, China
J Biol Chem 289:22512-23. 2014Myosin light chain phosphatase with its regulatory subunit, myosin phosphatase target subunit 1 (MYPT1) modulates Ca(2+)-dependent phosphorylation of myosin light chain by myosin light chain kinase, which is essential for smooth muscle ..
- Myosin phosphatase modulates the cardiac cell fate by regulating the subcellular localization of Nkx2.5 in a Wnt/Rho-associated protein kinase-dependent pathwayTammy Ryan
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 112:257-66. 2013..5 has been implicated in the regulation of many cellular processes that ultimately contribute to cardiomyogenesis and morphogenesis of the mature heart, relatively little is known about how it is regulated at a functional level...
- Constitutive phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 in smooth muscleMing Ho Tsai
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390, USA
J Physiol 592:3031-51. 2014..We have investigated the physiological role of the MLCP regulatory subunit MYPT1 in bladder smooth muscle containing a smooth muscle-specific deletion of MYPT1 in adult mice...
- TRA2β controls Mypt1 exon 24 splicing in the developmental maturation of mouse mesenteric artery smooth muscleXiaoxu Zheng
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 308:C289-96. 2015..We examined splicing of myosin phosphatase regulatory subunit (Mypt1) exon 24 (E24) in relation to smooth muscle myosin heavy chain (Smmhc) and smoothelin (Smtn) alternative exons (..
- In vivo roles for myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 phosphorylation sites T694 and T852 in bladder smooth muscle contractionCai Ping Chen
Model Animal Research Center and MOE Key Laboratory of Animal Models of Disease, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
J Physiol 593:681-700. 2015..b>MYPT1 is the regulatory subunit of MLCP that biochemically inhibits MLCP activity via T694 or T852 phosphorylation in ..
- Redox signaling and splicing dependent change in myosin phosphatase underlie early versus late changes in NO vasodilator reserve in a mouse LPS model of sepsisJohn J Reho
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Cardiovascular Medicine and Nephrology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 308:H1039-50. 2015..Contractile (myosin and actin) and regulatory [myosin light chain kinase and phosphatase subunits (Mypt1, CPI-17)] mRNAs and proteins were decreased in mesenteric arteries at 24 h concordant with reduced force ..
- DAAM1 and DAAM2 are co-required for myocardial maturation and sarcomere assemblyRieko Ajima
Mammalian Development Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Dev Biol 408:126-39. 2015..However, deleting Daam1 further disrupted Wnt5a homozygous-null hearts, suggesting that DAAM1 also has Wnt5a-independent roles in cardiac development. ..
- A splice variant of the myosin phosphatase regulatory subunit tunes arterial reactivity and suppresses response to salt loadingJohn J Reho
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Cardiovascular Medicine and Nephrology, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 310:H1715-24. 2016..Variants of MP regulatory subunit Mypt1 are generated by alternative splicing of the 31 nt exon 24 (E24), which, by changing the reading frame, codes for ..
- Identification, characterization, and functional analysis of heart-specific myosin light chain phosphatase small subunitT Arimura
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Division of Adult Diseases, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:6073-82. 2001..These observations suggest that the heart-specific small subunit hHS-M(21) plays a regulatory role in cardiac muscle contraction by its binding to the large subunit...
- Characterization of isoform expression and subcellular distribution of MYPT1 in intestinal epithelial cellsJuan Min Zha
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China Cambridge Suda CAM SU Genome Resource Center, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China
Gene 588:1-6. 2016..The activity of the catalytic subunit of MLCP (PP1cδ) toward MLC depends on its regulatory subunit (MYPT1)...
- Smoothelin-like 1 protein regulates myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1 expression during sexual development and pregnancyBeata Lontay
Department of Pharmacology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 285:29357-66. 2010..A primary target gene of SMTNL1 in these muscles is myosin phosphatase-targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1)...
- ROS-mediated downregulation of MYPT1 in smooth muscle cells: a potential mechanism for the aberrant contractility in atherosclerosisJung Chien Cheng
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Lab Invest 93:422-33. 2013..smooth muscle relaxation, is regulated by the phosphorylation of its regulatory subunit, MP targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1)...
- Tra2β protein is required for tissue-specific splicing of a smooth muscle myosin phosphatase targeting subunit alternative exonKang Fu
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 287:16575-85. 2012Alternative splicing of the smooth muscle myosin phosphatase targeting subunit (Mypt1) exon 23 (E23) is tissue-specific and developmentally regulated and, thus, an attractive model for the study of smooth muscle phenotypic specification...
- Impaired vascular remodeling in the yolk sac of embryos deficient in ROCK-I and ROCK-IIHiroshi Kamijo
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University, Japan
Genes Cells 16:1012-21. 2011..These results suggest that ROCK isoforms function redundantly during embryogenesis and play a critical role in vascular development...
- Dishevelled-associated activator of morphogenesis 1 (Daam1) is required for heart morphogenesisDeqiang Li
Riley Heart Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 138:303-15. 2011..Biochemical analyses indicate that Daam1 does not regulate cytoskeletal organization through RhoA, Rac1 or Cdc42. Our study highlights a crucial role for Daam1 in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and tissue morphogenesis...
- Regulation of basal LC20 phosphorylation by MYPT1 and CPI-17 in murine gastric antrum, gastric fundus, and proximal colon smooth musclesB P Bhetwal
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Center of Biomedical Research Excellence, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1664 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:e425-36. 2011..Here, we investigate the role of ROK in regulating LC20 phosphorylation and spontaneous contractions of gastric fundus, gastric antrum, and proximal colon smooth muscles...
- Altered contractile phenotypes of intestinal smooth muscle in mice deficient in myosin phosphatase target subunit 1Wei Qi He
Model Animal Research Center and MOE Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Gastroenterology 144:1456-65, 1465.e1-5. 2013The regulatory subunit of myosin light chain phosphatase, MYPT1, has been proposed to control smooth muscle contractility by regulating phosphorylation of the Ca(2+)-dependent myosin regulatory light chain...
- Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate signaling pathway through 67-kDa laminin receptorDaisuke Umeda
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Division of Applied Biological Chemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:3050-8. 2008..activity of EGCG; (ii) through both eEF1A and 67LR, EGCG induces the dephosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1) at Thr-696 and activates myosin phosphatase; and (iii) silencing of 67LR, eEF1A, or MYPT1 ..
- Capturing novel mouse genes encoding chromosomal and other nuclear proteinsP Tate
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
J Cell Sci 111:2575-85. 1998..Motifs in two of the isolated genes suggest new links between cellular regulatory mechanisms (ubiquitination and phosphorylation) and mRNA splicing and chromosome structure/function...
- Survival of developing motor neurons mediated by Rho GTPase signaling pathway through Rho-kinaseKenta Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
J Neurosci 24:3480-8. 2004..These findings indicate that the Rho signaling pathway, primarily through Rho-kinase, plays a crucial role in survival of spinal MNs during embryogenesis, particularly at the early developmental stages...
- Localization of myosin phosphatase target subunit and its mutantsYue Wu
Muscle Biology Group, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 26:123-34. 2005Transient transfection of NIH3T3 cells with various constructs of myosin phosphatase target subunit (MYPT1) and GFP showed distinct cellular localizations. Constructs containing the N-terminal nuclear localization signals (NLS), i.e...
- The targeted disruption of the MYPT1 gene results in embryonic lethalityRyuji Okamoto
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Transgenic Res 14:337-40. 2005..b>MYPT1, a target subunit of smooth and nonmuscle MP, is responsible for activation and regulation of MP...
- Urocortin-induced decrease in Ca2+ sensitivity of contraction in mouse tail arteries is attributable to cAMP-dependent dephosphorylation of MYPT1 and activation of myosin light chain phosphataseLubomir T Lubomirov
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Germany
Circ Res 98:1159-67. 2006..a approximately 2-fold increase in the phosphorylation of the regulatory subunit of myosin phosphatase (SMPP-1M), MYPT1, at Thr696, which was reversed in arteries relaxed with urocortin. Submaximally (pCa 6...
- Myosin phosphatase dephosphorylates HDAC7, controls its nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, and inhibits apoptosis in thymocytesMaribel Parra
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 21:638-43. 2007..Here, we identify protein phosphatase 1beta (PP1beta) and myosin phosphatase targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1), two components of the myosin phosphatase complex, as HDAC7-associated proteins in ..
- Preserved expression of GLUT4 prevents enhanced agonist-induced vascular reactivity and MYPT1 phosphorylation in hypertensive mouse aortaKevin B Atkins
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0676, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H402-8. 2007..Phosphorylation of the myosin phosphatase targeting subunit MYPT1 was significantly enhanced in aortas of WT DOCA-salt mice, and this increase was prevented in GLUT4 TG mice...
- Rho-kinase regulates endothelin-1-stimulated IL-6 synthesis via p38 MAP kinase in osteoblastsHaruhiko Tokuda
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital for Geriatric Medicine, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8511, and Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:799-804. 2007..These results strongly suggest that Rho-kinase regulates ET-1-stimulated IL-6 synthesis through p38 MAP kinase activation in osteoblasts...
- Posterior malformations in Dact1 mutant mice arise through misregulated Vangl2 at the primitive streakRowena Suriben
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:977-85. 2009..We conclude that Dact1 contributes to morphogenesis at the primitive streak by regulating Vangl2 upstream of cell adhesion and the PCP pathway...
- Myosin light chain kinase activation and calcium sensitization in smooth muscle in vivoYusuke Mizuno
Dept Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C358-64. 2008..may occur through RhoA/Rho-kinase and/or PKC with phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 (MYPT1) and PKC-potentiated phosphatase inhibitor (CPI-17), respectively...
- Tra2beta as a novel mediator of vascular smooth muscle diversificationSupriya Shukla
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Circ Res 103:485-92. 2008..We are using the alternative splicing of the MYPT1 E23 exon as a model for the study of smooth muscle diversification into fast and slow contractile phenotypes...
- The Rho-Rock-Myosin signaling axis determines cell-cell integrity of self-renewing pluripotent stem cellsNicole Harb
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3001. 2008..Although intercellular communications are essential to establish the basis of cell-specific identity, molecular mechanisms underlying intrinsic cell-cell interactions in ES cells at the signaling level remain underexplored...
- The atypical Guanine-nucleotide exchange factor, dock7, negatively regulates schwann cell differentiation and myelinationJunji Yamauchi
Department of Pharmacology and Laboratory Animal Resource Facility, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Setagaya, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Neurosci 31:12579-92. 2011..Collectively, the signaling through Dock7 negatively regulates Schwann cell differentiation and the onset of myelination, demonstrating the unexpected role of Dock7 in the interplay between Schwann cell migration and myelination...
- Characterization of a Dchs1 mutant mouse reveals requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling during mammalian developmentYaopan Mao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:947-57. 2011..Our analysis implies that Dchs1 and Fat4 function as a ligand-receptor pair during murine development, and identifies novel requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling in multiple organs...
- O-linked beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase substrate specificity is regulated by myosin phosphatase targeting and other interacting proteinsWin D Cheung
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
J Biol Chem 283:33935-41. 2008..We demonstrate here that MYPT1 and CARM1 also interact with and target OGT. MYPT1 and CARM1 are substrates of OGT in vitro and in vivo...
- Expression of CPI-17 in smooth muscle during embryonic development and in neointimal lesion formationJee In Kim
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 132:191-8. 2009..Thus, CPI-17 expression is reversibly controlled in response to the phenotype transition of SM cells that restricts the signal to differentiated SM cells and particular cell types...
- Degradation of leucine zipper-positive isoform of MYPT1 may contribute to development of nitrate toleranceDou Dou
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100191, People s Republic of China
Cardiovasc Res 86:151-9. 2010..The present study determines whether the leucine zipper-positive (LZ+) isoform of myosin phosphatase target subunit 1 (MYPT1), a key target protein for PKG actions, is involved in the development of nitrate tolerance.