Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pmaip1
Description: phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-induced protein 1
Alias: Noxa, phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-induced protein 1, protein Noxa
- Activation of p73 and induction of Noxa by DNA damage requires NF-kappa BAngel G Martin
Apoptosis Section, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Aging (Albany NY) 1:335-49. 2009..gene profiling by microarray analysis of MEFs was performed, revealing that NF-kappaB is required for expression of Noxa, a pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein that is induced by genotoxins and that triggers cytochrome c release...
- Differential contribution of Puma and Noxa in dual regulation of p53-mediated apoptotic pathwaysTsukasa Shibue
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 25:4952-62. 2006..Here, we show that Puma and Noxa, the well-known p53-inducible proapoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family, differentially participate in dual pathways ..
- Puma and to a lesser extent Noxa are suppressors of Myc-induced lymphomagenesisE M Michalak
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Cell Death Differ 16:684-96. 2009..The BH3-only Bcl-2 family members Puma and Noxa are critical pro-apoptotic transcriptional targets of p53, a major mediator of Myc-induced apoptosis and suppressor ..
- Apoptosis threshold set by Noxa and Mcl-1 after T cell activation regulates competitive selection of high-affinity clonesFelix M Wensveen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academical Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunity 32:754-65. 2010..Here we showed that upon T cell activation, the proapoptotic molecule Noxa (encoded by Pmaip1) and its antagonist Mcl-1 were induced...
- Bmi1 regulates memory CD4 T cell survival via repression of the Noxa geneMasakatsu Yamashita
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Exp Med 205:1109-20. 2008..Among various proapoptotic genes that are regulated by Bmi1, the expression of proapoptotic BH3-only protein Noxa was increased in Bmi1(-/-) effector Th1/Th2 cells...
- Maximal killing of lymphoma cells by DNA damage-inducing therapy requires not only the p53 targets Puma and Noxa, but also BimLina Happo
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Blood 116:5256-67. 2010..In nontransformed lymphoid cells, the combined loss of 2 proapoptotic p53 target genes, Puma and Noxa, induces as much resistance to DNA damage as loss of p53 itself...
- In several cell types tumour suppressor p53 induces apoptosis largely via Puma but Noxa can contributeE M Michalak
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Cell Death Differ 15:1019-29. 2008..Two transcriptional targets shown to mediate its apoptotic role in several cell types encode Noxa and Puma, BH3-only members of the Bcl-2 family...
- BH3-only protein Noxa regulates apoptosis in activated B cells and controls high-affinity antibody formationFelix M Wensveen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 119:1440-9. 2012..Here we identify apoptosis, regulated by the proapoptotic BH3-only member Noxa (Pmaip1), as a critical factor for the selection of high-affinity clones during B cell expansion after antigen triggering...
- Puma is a dominant regulator of oxidative stress induced Bax activation and neuronal apoptosisDiana Steckley
Robarts Research Institute and the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5K8
J Neurosci 27:12989-99. 2007..we demonstrate that, in cortical neurons, oxidative stress induces the expression of the BH3-only members Bim, Noxa, and Puma...
- Pro-apoptotic protein Noxa regulates memory T cell population size and protects against lethal immunopathologyFelix M Wensveen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 190:1180-91. 2013..Previously, we established a role for apoptosis, mediated by the BH3-only protein Noxa, in controlling diversity of the effector T cell population...
- The BH3-only protein Puma plays an essential role in cytokine deprivation induced apoptosis of mast cellsMaria Ekoff
Department of Medicine, Clinical Immunology and Allergy Unit, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 110:3209-17. 2007..In this study we investigated the role of the BH3-only proteins Noxa, Bad, Bim, Bmf, Bid, and Puma in apoptosis of mucosal-like mast cells (MLMCs) and connective tissue-like mast cells ..
- Ultraviolet radiation triggers apoptosis of fibroblasts and skin keratinocytes mainly via the BH3-only protein NoxaEdwina Naik
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cell Biol 176:415-24. 2007..MEFs lacking individual members of its BH3-only subfamily identified major initiating roles for the p53 targets Noxa and Puma...
- Bim and Noxa are candidates to mediate the deleterious effect of the NF-kappa B subunit RelA in cerebral ischemiaIoana Inta
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:12896-903. 2006..Interestingly, expression of the proapoptotic BH3 (Bcl-2 homology domain 3)-only genes Bim and Noxa in cerebral ischemia depended on RelA and the upstream kinase IKK (IkappaB kinase)...
- Proteasome inhibitor PS-341 induces apoptosis in cisplatin-resistant squamous cell carcinoma cells by induction of NoxaAndrew M Fribley
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling and Apoptosis, Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31440-7. 2006..Importantly, the Bcl-2 homology domain 3-only (BH3-only) protein Noxa was found to be strongly induced in cisplatin-resistant SCC cells by PS-341 but not by cisplatin...
- p53- and drug-induced apoptotic responses mediated by BH3-only proteins puma and noxaAndreas Villunger
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Science 302:1036-8. 2003..Two genes induced by this transcription factor, noxa and puma (bbc3), stand out, because they encode BH3-only proteins, proapoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family ..
- BH3-only protein Noxa is a mediator of hypoxic cell death induced by hypoxia-inducible factor 1alphaJee Youn Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemoon Koo, Seoul 130 701, Korea
J Exp Med 199:113-24. 2004..to find genes that are differentially expressed in hypoxia, we identified the BH3-only Bcl-2 family protein Noxa. Noxa is a candidate molecule mediating p53-induced apoptosis...
- Noxa, a BH3-only member of the Bcl-2 family and candidate mediator of p53-induced apoptosisE Oda
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Science 288:1053-8. 2000..We report a previously unidentified pro-apoptotic gene, Noxa. Expression of Noxa induction in primary mouse cells exposed to x-ray irradiation was dependent on p53...
- BH3-only proteins Puma and Bim are rate-limiting for gamma-radiation- and glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of lymphoid cells in vivoMiriam Erlacher
Division of Experimental Pathophysiology and Immunology, Biocenter, Innsbruck Medical University, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Blood 106:4131-8. 2005..In various types of cultured cells, 3 BH3-only proteins, namely Puma (p53 up-regulated modulator of apoptosis), Noxa, and Bim (Bcl-2 interacting mediator of cell death), have been shown to initiate p53-dependent as well as p53-..
- Differential targeting of prosurvival Bcl-2 proteins by their BH3-only ligands allows complementary apoptotic functionLin Chen
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell 17:393-403. 2005..Bad, however, bound tightly to Bcl-2, Bcl-xL, and Bcl-w but only weakly to A1 and not to Mcl-1. Strikingly, Noxa bound only Mcl-1 and A1...
- BH3 domains of BH3-only proteins differentially regulate Bax-mediated mitochondrial membrane permeabilization both directly and indirectlyTomomi Kuwana
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mol Cell 17:525-35. 2005..In this model, the simple inhibition of antiapoptotic functions is insufficient to induce apoptosis unless a direct activator of Bax or Bak is present...
- Integral role of Noxa in p53-mediated apoptotic responseTsukasa Shibue
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Genes Dev 17:2233-8. 2003..We studied the role of Noxa, one of the transcriptional targets of p53 that encodes a proapoptotic protein of the Bcl-2 family, by the gene-..
- The NF-kappaB regulator Bcl-3 and the BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma control the death of activated T cellsAnette Bauer
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Technical University Munich, Trogerstrasse 9, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10979-84. 2006..This Bim-independent death pathway is at least in part regulated by Puma, as shown by analysis of puma-/- and noxa-/- T cells. IL-1, IL-7, and IL-15 primed T cells for survival even in the absence of Bim or Puma...
- Parp-2 is required to maintain hematopoiesis following sublethal γ-irradiation in miceJordi Farrés
Cancer Research Program, Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 122:44-54. 2013..of p53 or the pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein Puma restored survival of irradiated Parp-2-/- mice, whereas loss of Noxa had no such effect...
- Oppositional regulation of Noxa by JNK1 and JNK2 during apoptosis induced by proteasomal inhibitorsSabine Pietkiewicz
Laboratory of Molecular Radiooncology, Clinic and Policlinic for Radiation Therapy and Radiooncology, University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e61438. 2013..requires de novo protein synthesis, the proteasomal inhibitor MG-132 induced expression of the BH3-only protein Noxa at the transcriptional level in a JNK1-dependent, but JNK2-opposing manner...
- CDK1 inhibition targets the p53-NOXA-MCL1 axis, selectively kills embryonic stem cells, and prevents teratoma formationNoelle E Huskey
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Stem Cell Reports 4:374-89. 2015..of the DNA damage response, nuclear p53 stabilization, activation of a subset of p53 target genes including NOXA, and negative regulation of the anti-apoptotic protein MCL1 in human and mouse ESCs, but not differentiated cells...
- Sall2 is required for proapoptotic Noxa expression and genotoxic stress-induced apoptosis by doxorubicinD Escobar
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
Cell Death Dis 6:e1816. 2015..Searching for putative Sall2 targets that could mediate its role in apoptosis, we identified proapoptotic NOXA/PMAIP1 (phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-induced protein 1)...
- Puma, but not noxa is essential for oligodendroglial cell deathKarin Hagemeier
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital Munster, Pottkamp 2, 48149 Munster, Germany
Glia 61:1712-23. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that the BH3 only protein Puma, but not Noxa, is essential for oligodendroglial cell death in toxic demyelination induced by the copper chelator cuprizone...
- The BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma cooperate to impose deletional tolerance of organ-specific antigensDaniel H D Gray
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Immunity 37:451-62. 2012..Our data show that Puma cooperates with Bim to impose a thymic-deletion checkpoint to peripheral self-antigens and cement the notion that defects in apoptosis alone are sufficient to cause autoimmune disease...
- A novel prohibitin-binding compound induces the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway through NOXA and BIM upregulationCristina Moncunill-Massaguer
Departament de Ciències Fisiològiques II, Universitat de Barcelona Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Catalunya, Spain
Oncotarget 6:41750-65. 2015..Expression analysis revealed that fluorizoline induced the upregulation of Noxa and Bim mRNA levels, which was not observed in PHB-depleted MEFs...
- BH3-only protein Noxa contributes to apoptotic control of stress-erythropoiesisFelix M Wensveen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 8, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Apoptosis 18:1306-18. 2013..Here, we investigated the role of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member Noxa in the regulation of erythropoiesis...
- Bim controls IL-15 availability and limits engagement of multiple BH3-only proteinsS Kurtulus
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunobiology at the Cincinnati Children s Hospital, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cell Death Differ 22:174-84. 2015..mice facilitated the elimination of cells with less memory potential via the additional pro-apoptotic molecules Noxa and Puma...
- p53 pathway is involved in cell competition during mouse embryogenesisGuoxin Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210061, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A . 2017....
- Maintaining dendritic cell viability in cultureDavid Vremec
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Mol Immunol 63:264-7. 2015..DCs isolated from Bim(-/-)Noxa(-/-) mice also showed improved culture survival, but in this case with pDCs showing the least improvement.
- Zebrafish Noxa promotes mitosis in early embryonic development and regulates apoptosis in subsequent embryogenesisJ X Zhong
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
Cell Death Differ 21:1013-24. 2014b>Noxa functions in apoptosis and immune system of vertebrates, but its activities in embryo development remain unclear...
- p53 efficiently suppresses tumor development in the complete absence of its cell-cycle inhibitory and proapoptotic effectors p21, Puma, and NoxaLiz J Valente
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Cell Rep 3:1339-45. 2013Activation of apoptosis through transcriptional induction of Puma and Noxa has long been considered to constitute the critical (if not sole) process by which p53 suppresses tumor development, although G1/S boundary cell-cycle arrest via ..
- Neither loss of Bik alone, nor combined loss of Bik and Noxa, accelerate murine lymphoma development or render lymphoma cells resistant to DNA damaging drugsL Happo
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Death Dis 3:e306. 2012..Co-operation between BIK and NOXA, another BH3-only protein, has been previously described, and was attributed to their complementary binding ..
- Bcl-2, Bcl-x(L), and Bcl-w are not equivalent targets of ABT-737 and navitoclax (ABT-263) in lymphoid and leukemic cellsDelphine Merino
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Blood 119:5807-16. 2012..These results have profound implications for how BH3-mimetics induce apoptosis and how the use of these compounds can be optimized for treating lymphoid malignancies...
- Histone demethylase JMJD5 is essential for embryonic developmentSangphil Oh
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 420:61-5. 2012..Concurrently, the cell cycle inhibitor p21 and the pro-apoptotic molecule Noxa, both of which are prominent p53 target genes, became strongly upregulated in JMJD5(-/-) embryos...
- The Bcl-2 proteins Noxa and Bcl-xL co-ordinately regulate oxidative stress-induced apoptosisColins O Eno
Molecular Targets Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Biochem J 444:69-78. 2012..The BH3 (Bcl-2 homology 3)-only Bcl-2 protein Noxa was required for H(2)O(2)-induced cell death and was the single BH3-only Bcl-2 protein whose pro-apoptotic ..
- Myocardin-related transcription factor A regulates expression of Bok and Noxa and is involved in apoptotic signallingDmitry Shaposhnikov
AG Regulation of Gene Expression, Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell Cycle 11:141-50. 2012..Here, we report that the two proapoptotic Bcl-2 family members Bok and Noxa/Pmaip are directly transcriptionally induced by activated MAL and upon activation of the actin-MAL-SRF pathway...
- DNA damage-induced primordial follicle oocyte apoptosis and loss of fertility require TAp63-mediated induction of Puma and NoxaJeffrey B Kerr
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mol Cell 48:343-52. 2012..After γ-irradiation, induction of the proapoptotic BH3-only members Puma and Noxa was observed in primordial follicle oocytes from WT and Trp53(-/-) mice but not in those from TAp63-deficient mice...
- NOXA contributes to the sensitivity of PERK-deficient cells to ER stressSanjeev Gupta
Apoptosis Research Centre, NUI Galway, Ireland
FEBS Lett 586:4023-30. 2012..We also report elevated expression of the BH3-only protein, NOXA in PERK(-/-) MEFs...
- Role of p63 and the Notch pathway in cochlea development and sensorineural deafnessAlessandro Terrinoni
Biochemistry Laboratory Istituto Dermopatico Dell Immacolata, c o Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7300-5. 2013..in mice lacking the critical Bcl-2 homology domain (BH-3) inducers of p53- and p63-mediated apoptosis--Puma, Noxa, or both--are normal...
- Molecular analysis of neutrophil spontaneous apoptosis reveals a strong role for the pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein NoxaS Kirschnek
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Cell Death Differ 18:1805-14. 2011..of cell death (Bim) gave some protection, but only neutrophils deficient in both BH3-only proteins, Bim and Noxa, were strongly protected against apoptosis...
- Mouse Noxa uses only the C-terminal BH3-domain to inactivate Mcl-1Arnim Weber
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University Hospital Freiburg, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Apoptosis 18:1093-105. 2013b>Noxa is a member of the pro-apoptotic BH3-only group of Bcl-2 proteins that is known to bind specifically to anti-apoptotic Mcl-1 and A1, antagonizing their function...
- The fast-mobility isoform of mouse Mcl-1 is a mitochondrial matrix-localized protein with attenuated anti-apoptotic activityChi Ruei Huang
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 584:3323-30. 2010..This study reveals that import of Mcl-1 into the mitochondrial matrix results in the attenuation of Mcl-1's anti-apoptotic function...
- Suture of transected nerve suppresses expression of BH3-only protein Noxa in nerve-transected motor neurons of C57BL/6J mouseKazushige Gamo
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Asahimachi, Osaka, Japan
J Neurotrauma 24:876-84. 2007..survival- and death-associated genes were regulated in a similar manner in both groups, expression of BH3-only protein Noxa mRNA was significantly lower in the Suture than in the Cut group...
- BNIP3 is an RB/E2F target gene required for hypoxia-induced autophagyKristin Tracy
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The Gordon Center for Integrative Sciences, W 338, The University of Chicago, 929 E 57th St, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6229-42. 2007..These studies identify BNIP3 as a key regulator of hypoxia-induced autophagy and suggest a novel role for the RB tumor suppressor in preventing nonapoptotic cell death by limiting the extent of BNIP3 induction in cells...
- Notch activation induces apoptosis in neural progenitor cells through a p53-dependent pathwayXudong Yang
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 269:81-94. 2004..cells leads to elevated levels of nuclear p53 and transcriptional upregulation of the target genes Bax and Noxa, and the promotion of apoptotic cell death by Notch activation is completely suppressed by p53 deficiency...
- Multiple triggers of cell death in sepsis: death receptor and mitochondrial-mediated apoptosisKatherine C Chang
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
FASEB J 21:708-19. 2007..FADD-DN) or Bid-/- and in mice with defective mitochondrial-mediated pathways due to loss of Bim-/-, Puma-/-, or Noxa-/-...
- Interleukin 15-mediated survival of natural killer cells is determined by interactions among Bim, Noxa and Mcl-1Nicholas D Huntington
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Nat Immunol 8:856-63. 2007..Here we identify Bim, Noxa and Mcl-1 as key regulators of IL-15-dependent survival of NK cells...
- The p53-Mdm2 network in progenitor cell expansion during mouse postnatal developmentG Liu
Department of Cancer Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pathol 213:360-8. 2007....
- BH3-only proapoptotic Bcl-2 family members Noxa and Puma mediate neural precursor cell deathRizwan S Akhtar
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0017, USA
J Neurosci 26:7257-64. 2006..p53 has been shown to regulate the expression of both Noxa and Puma, two BH3-only proteins, although their involvement in p53-dependent cell death appears to be cell-type and ..
- Mitochondria primed by death signals determine cellular addiction to antiapoptotic BCL-2 family membersMichael Certo
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 9:351-65. 2006..Our data allow us to distinguish a cellular state we call "primed for death," which can be determined by BH3 profiling and which correlates with dependence on antiapoptotic family members for survival...
- Interferon-gamma induces X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis-associated factor-1 and Noxa expression and potentiates human vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis by STAT3 activationYalai Bai
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation and the Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6832-42. 2008..genes, including the pro-apoptotic molecules X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis associated factor-1 (XAF1) and Noxa, were verified by real time quantitative reverse transcription-PCR and immunoblot analyses...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis: multiple pathways and activation of p53-up-regulated modulator of apoptosis (PUMA) and NOXA by p53Jianze Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 281:7260-70. 2006..apoptotic pathway, we have discovered that in MEFs, ER stress selectively activates BH3-only proteins PUMA and NOXA at the transcript level through the tumor suppressor gene p53...
- Transcriptome analysis of the murine forelimb and hindlimb autopodSiming Shou
Research Division, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Dyn 234:74-89. 2005..05) suggesting that by E 12.5, unique gene combinations are being used during the differentiation of each autopod type...
- p53 must be competent for transcriptional regulation to suppress tumor formationMonica Nister
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 05, Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 24:3563-73. 2005....
- Noxa is a critical mediator of p53-dependent motor neuron death after nerve injury in adult mouseSumiko Kiryu-Seo
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 25:1442-7. 2005..Here we demonstrate that expression of a p53-inducible Bcl-2 homology domain 3 (BH3)-only protein, Noxa, is enhanced in axotomized neurons of the adult mouse but not in the adult rat...
- The polycomb group gene Bmi1 regulates antioxidant defenses in neurons by repressing p53 pro-oxidant activityWassim Chatoo
Developmental Biology Laboratory, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosci 29:529-42. 2009..These findings provide a molecular mechanism explaining how Bmi1 regulates free radical concentrations and reveal the biological impact of Bmi1 deficiency on neuronal survival and aging...
- BH3-only protein Puma contributes to death of antigen-specific T cells during shutdown of an immune response to acute viral infectionSilke F Fischer
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Melbourne VIC 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3035-40. 2008..After infection with human herpes simplex virus (HSV-1), mice lacking Noxa, Bid, or Bad had a normal increase and subsequent decline in the numbers of antigen-specific CD8(+) T cells...
- Cadmium-induced differential toxicogenomic response in resistant and sensitive mouse strains undergoing neurulationJoshua F Robinson
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Toxicol Sci 107:206-19. 2009..classifications, however, only in the C57 we observed upregulation of p53-dependent mediators Ccng1 and Pmaip1, previously associated with cell cycle arrest, apoptosis and NTD formation...
- Transcriptional re-programming of primary macrophages reveals distinct apoptotic and anti-tumoral functions of IRF-3 and IRF-7Delphine Goubau
Terry Fox Molecular Oncology Group, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Eur J Immunol 39:527-40. 2009..The pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein Noxa was identified as a primary IRF-3 target gene and an essential regulator of IRF-3, dsRNA and vesicular ..
- Proapoptotic Noxa is required for particulate matter-induced cell death and lung inflammationDaniela Urich
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 240 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FASEB J 23:2055-64. 2009..of the intrinsic apoptotic pathway by p53 often requires the transcription of the proapoptotic Bcl-2 proteins Noxa, Puma, or both...
- IEX-1-induced cell death requires BIM and is modulated by MCL-1Seongmin Yoon
Department of Biomedical Science, College of Life Science, CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:400-4. 2009..Additionally, knockouts of NOXA or PUMA did not affect the activities of IEX-1, indicating that the pro-death action of IEX-1 specifically requires ..
- Glucose induces pancreatic islet cell apoptosis that requires the BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma and multi-BH domain protein BaxMark D McKenzie
St Vincent s Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes 59:644-52. 2010..We investigated the apoptotic pathway induced in mouse pancreatic islet cells after exposure to high concentrations of the reducing sugars ribose and glucose as a model of beta-cell death due to long-term metabolic stress...
- Structure of the BH3 domains from the p53-inducible BH3-only proteins Noxa and Puma in complex with Mcl-1Catherine L Day
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
J Mol Biol 380:958-71. 2008..Solution structures of myeloid cell leukaemia-1 (Mcl-1) in complex with the BH3 domains from Noxa and Puma, two proteins regulated by the tumour suppressor p53, show that they bind as amphipathic alpha-helices in ..
- AICAR induces apoptosis independently of AMPK and p53 through up-regulation of the BH3-only proteins BIM and NOXA in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsAntonio F Santidrian
Departament de Ciències Fisiològiques II, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL Universitat de Barcelona, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Blood 116:3023-32. 2010..increase in mRNA and protein levels of proapoptotic BCL-2 family proteins of the BH3-only subgroup, including BIM, NOXA, and PUMA in CLL cells...
- Prevention of the neurocristopathy Treacher Collins syndrome through inhibition of p53 functionNatalie C Jones
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Nat Med 14:125-33. 2008....
- Mdm2 is required for survival of hematopoietic stem cells/progenitors via dampening of ROS-induced p53 activityHussein A Abbas
Program in Genes and Development of The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:606-17. 2010..p16 was also stabilized because of ROS, and its loss increased cell cycling and partially rescued hematopoiesis and survival. Thus, Mdm2 is required to control ROS-induced p53 levels for sustainable hematopoiesis...
- Uncovering gene regulatory networks during mouse fetal germ cell developmentAntoine D Rolland
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biol Reprod 84:790-800. 2011....
- Noxa mediates p18INK4c cell-cycle control of homeostasis in B cells and plasma cell precursorsJamieson Bretz
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Blood 117:2179-88. 2011..overexpression, consistent with expansion of the iPC pool by Bcl-xL overexpression, or loss of proapoptotic Bim or Noxa. Expression of Noxa is induced during B-cell activation, peaks in iPCs, and selectively repressed by p18...
- The role of the BH3-only protein Noxa in bone homeostasisErik Idrus
Department of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima 1 5 45, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410:620-5. 2011..Here we report the role of a BH3-only protein, Noxa (encoded by the Pmaip1 gene), in bone homeostasis using Noxa-deficient mice...
- Developmental arrest of T cells in Rpl22-deficient mice is dependent upon multiple p53 effectorsJason E Stadanlick
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Blood Cell Development and Cancer Keystone, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Immunol 187:664-75. 2011..We found that many p53 targets were induced in Rpl22(-/-) thymocytes, including miR-34a, PUMA, p21(waf), Bax, and Noxa. Notably, the proapoptotic factor Bim, while not a direct p53 target, was also strongly induced in Rpl22(-/-) T ..
- Transient binding of an activator BH3 domain to the Bak BH3-binding groove initiates Bak oligomerizationHaiming Dai
Division of Oncology Research, Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Biol 194:39-48. 2011..These observations indicate that transient protein-protein interactions involving the Bak BH3-binding groove initiate Bak oligomerization and activation...
- Involvement of Noxa in mediating cellular ER stress responses to lytic virus infectionShaun Rosebeck
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Virology 417:293-303. 2011b>Noxa is a Bcl-2 homology domain-containing pro-apoptotic mitochondrial protein...
- Noxa induces apoptosis in oncogene-expressing cells through catch-and-release mechanism operating between Puma and Mcl-1Wataru Nakajima
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Gerontology, Nippon Medical School, 1 396 Kosugi cho, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki 211 8533, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 413:643-8. 2011Tumor suppressor p53 induces apoptosis by transcriptional induction of Noxa and Puma, which encode the proapoptotic BH3-only member of the Bcl-2 family proteins...
- Visualization of Bax in the MembraneTomomi Kuwana; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. Apply cryo-EM and freeze-fracture to visualize the lipid bilayer and the outer membrane and detect changes before and after the addition of Bax and Bid. Both liposomes and OMVs will be frozen at various times to capture changes. ..
- Mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilizationTomomi Kuwana; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..