Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plk1
Description: polo-like kinase 1
Alias: Plk, STPK13, serine/threonine-protein kinase PLK1, PLK-1, serine/threonine-protein kinase 13
- Polo-like kinase 1 is essential for early embryonic development and tumor suppressionLin Yu Lu
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, BSRB 1520, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:6870-6. 2008..Previous reports have shown that Plk1 is critical for all stages of mitosis and may play a role in DNA replication during S phase...
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor 1, a widespread Ca2+ channel, is a novel substrate of polo-like kinase 1 in eggsJunya Ito
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Dev Biol 320:402-13. 2008..Here, we show that IP(3)R1 is a novel target for Polo-like kinase1 (Plk1), a conserved M-phase kinase, which phosphorylates it at an MPM-2 epitope...
- Involvement of Polo-like kinase 1 in MEK1/2-regulated spindle formation during mouse oocyte meiosisBo Xiong
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology and Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Cell Cycle 7:1804-9. 2008..In the present study, we found that Plk1 colocalized with p-MEK1/2 at various meiotic stages after GVBD when microtubule began to organize...
- Polo-like kinase-1 is a pivotal regulator of microtubule assembly during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation, fertilization, and early embryonic mitosisChao Tong
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Biol Reprod 67:546-54. 2002..In this experiment, the changes in Plk1 expression were detected in mouse oocytes through Western blotting...
- Mouse polo-like kinase 1 associates with the acentriolar spindle poles, meiotic chromosomes and spindle midzone during oocyte maturationF Wianny
Wellcome CRC Institute and Department of Genetics, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Chromosoma 107:430-9. 1998We have examined the dynamics of the localisation of the polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) during maturation of the mouse oocyte...
- Normal cells, but not cancer cells, survive severe Plk1 depletionXiaoqi Liu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2093-108. 2006We previously reported the phenotype of depletion of polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) using RNA interference (RNAi) and showed that p53 is stabilized in Plk1-depleted cancer cells...
- Polo-like Kinase 1 Regulates Vimentin Phosphorylation at Ser-56 and Contraction in Smooth MuscleJia Li
From the Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208
J Biol Chem 291:23693-23703. 2016Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is a serine/threonine-protein kinase that has been implicated in mitosis, cytokinesis, and smooth muscle cell proliferation. The role of Plk1 in smooth muscle contraction has not been investigated...
- sSgo1, a major splice variant of Sgo1, functions in centriole cohesion where it is regulated by Plk1Xiaoxing Wang
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, NY 10987, USA
Dev Cell 14:331-41. 2008..sSgo1 interacts with Plk1 and its spindle pole localization is Plk1 dependent...
- Opposing action of nuclear factor κB and Polo-like kinases determines a homeostatic end point for excitatory synaptic adaptationAnca B Mihalas
Department of Biological Chemistry and Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Neurosci 33:16490-501. 2013..Chronic elevated activity, which induces Plk expression, also produces Plk-dependent activation of NF-κB...
- RNF4 and PLK1 are required for replication fork collapse in ATR-deficient cellsRyan L Ragland
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 27:2259-73. 2013..is mediated through the combined effects the sumo targeted E3-ubiquitin ligase RNF4 and activation of the AURKA-PLK1 pathway...
- p53-Dependent and cell specific epigenetic regulation of the polo-like kinases under oxidative stressAlejandra Ward
Department of Biology, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e87918. 2014..The PLKs have been implicated in a variety of cancers, such as hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), with PLK1 typically overexpressed and PLKs 2-5 often downregulated...
- Plk1 protein phosphorylates phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) and regulates its mitotic activity during the cell cycleByeong Hyeok Choi
From the Departments of Environmental Medicine, Biochemistry, and Molecular Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, New York 10987
J Biol Chem 289:14066-74. 2014..Pulldown analysis revealed that Plk1 physically interacted with PTEN...
- Multiple requirements of PLK1 during mouse oocyte maturationPetr Solc
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Libechov, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 10:e0116783. 2015Polo-like kinase 1 (PLK1) orchestrates multiple events of cell division...
- Activation of the endomitotic spindle assembly checkpoint and thrombocytopenia in Plk1-deficient miceMarianna Trakala
Cell Division and Cancer Group, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Madrid, Spain
Blood 126:1707-14. 2015..However, we show here that Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is required for endomitosis, and ablation of the Plk1 gene in megakaryocytes results in defective polyploidization ..
- Survival of primary, but not of cancer cells after combined Plk1-HDAC inhibitionLisa Lange
Friedrich Schiller University, CMB, Institute for Biochemistry and Biophysics, 07745 Jena, Germany
Oncotarget 6:25801-14. 2015..Western blot and quantitative real time analyses revealed reduced Plk1 mRNA and protein in all cells...
- Genetic depletion of Polo-like kinase 1 leads to embryonic lethality due to mitotic aberranciesPaulina Wachowicz
Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Bioessays 38:S96-S106. 2016Polo-like kinase 1 (PLK1) is a serine/threonine kinase that plays multiple and essential roles during the cell division cycle. Its inhibition in cultured cells leads to severe mitotic aberrancies and cell death...
- Unique subcellular distribution of phosphorylated Plk1 (Ser137 and Thr210) in mouse oocytes during meiotic division and pPlk1(Ser137) involvement in spindle formation and REC8 cleavageJuan Du
a Department of Histology and Embryology School of Basic Medical Sciences Capital Medical University Beijing, China
Cell Cycle 14:3566-79. 2015Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is pivotal for proper mitotic progression, its targeting activity is regulated by precise subcellular positioning and phosphorylation...
- Aurora kinase-A overexpression in mouse mammary epithelium induces mammary adenocarcinomas harboring genetic alterations shared with human breast cancerWarapen Treekitkarnmongkol
Department of Translational Molecular Pathology
Carcinogenesis 37:1180-1189. 2016..Aurora-A overexpression in the tumor tissues accompanied activation of Akt, elevation of Cyclin D1, Tpx2 and Plk1 along with downregulation of ERα and p53 proteins, albeit at varying levels...
- Deregulation of vital mitotic kinase-phosphatase signaling in hematopoietic stem/progenitor compartment leads to cellular catastrophe in experimental aplastic anemiaRitam Chatterjee
Stem Cell Research and Application Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology, Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine, 108, C R Avenue, Kolkata, 700073, West Bengal, India
Mol Cell Biochem 422:121-134. 2016..of some crucial mitotic and apoptotic regulators like Protein kinase-B (PKB), Gsk-3β, Cyclin-D1, PP2A, Cdc25c, Plk-1, Aurora kinase-A, Chk-1 regarding the hematopoietic catastrophe...
- Essential role for a novel population of binucleated mammary epithelial cells in lactationAnne C Rios
Stem Cells and Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Nat Commun 7:11400. 2016....
- Plk1 phosphorylation of PTEN causes a tumor-promoting metabolic stateZhiguo Li
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:3642-61. 2014..Increasing evidence suggests that Plk1, a cell cycle regulator, is also involved in cellular events in addition to mitosis...
- Survivin regulates Plk1 localization to kinetochore in mouse oocyte meiosisShao Chen Sun
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:797-800. 2012..b>Plk1 (polo-like kinase 1) associates with the spindle poles and also distributes to the kinetochores and is shown to ..
- The Stil protein regulates centrosome integrity and mitosis through suppression of ChfrAsher Castiel
Sheba Cancer Research Center and Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Cell Sci 124:532-9. 2011..5 Stil(-/-) embryos, express high levels of the Chfr protein and reduced levels of the Chfr substrate Plk1. Exogenous expression of Stil, knockdown of Chfr or overexpression of Plk1 reverse the abnormal mitotic phenotypes ..
- Plk1-mediated phosphorylation of UAP56 regulates the stability of UAP56Fuyin Xiong
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100071, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:1935-42. 2012Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is a conserved serine/threonine protein kinase that plays pivotal roles during the cell cycle and cell proliferation...
- Identification of novel protein kinases expressed in the myocardium of the developing mouse heartJ C Ruiz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138
Mech Dev 48:153-64. 1994..75-8.5 dpc developing heart. Subsequently, msk mRNA expression is rapidly downregulated. The patterns of Hek2 and msk expression suggest that these protein kinases may function during development of the primitive heart...
- Tex14, a Plk1-regulated protein, is required for kinetochore-microtubule attachment and regulation of the spindle assembly checkpointGourish Mondal
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cell 45:680-95. 2012..that testis-expressed protein 14 (Tex14), which has been implicated in midbody function, is recruited to KTs by Plk1 in a Cdk1-dependent manner during early mitosis...
- Mammalian neurogenesis requires Treacle-Plk1 for precise control of spindle orientation, mitotic progression, and maintenance of neural progenitor cellsDaisuke Sakai
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002566. 2012..We determined that Treacle elicits its effect via a direct interaction with Polo-like kinase1 (Plk1), and furthermore we discovered novel in vivo roles for Plk1 in governing mitotic progression and spindle ..
- Identification of a novel Wnt5a-CK1ɛ-Dvl2-Plk1-mediated primary cilia disassembly pathwayKyung Ho Lee
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 31:3104-17. 2012..Here, we report unexpected roles of Dishevelled 2 (Dvl2) and interphase polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) in primary cilia disassembly...
- In vivo tumor imaging using polo-box domain of polo-like kinase 1 targeted peptideSung Min Kim
Division of Magnetic Resonance Research, Korea Basic Science Institute, Ochang, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 33:6915-25. 2012Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is a regulator of cell cycle progression during mitosis; it is overexpressed in many different tumors and has been implicated as a potential antimitotic target...
- Polo-like kinase is required for synaptonemal complex disassembly and phosphorylation in mouse spermatocytesPhilip W Jordan
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
J Cell Sci 125:5061-72. 2012..All four PLKs are expressed during the first wave of spermatogenesis. Only PLK1 (not PLK2-4) localizes to the SC during the G2/MI transition...
- A novel big protein TPRBK possessing 25 units of TPR motif is essential for the progress of mitosis and cytokinesisTomohiro Izumiyama
Advanced Research Center for Genome Super Power, Keio University, Tsukuba, Japan
Gene 511:202-17. 2012....
- Dynactin helps target Polo-like kinase 1 to kinetochores via its left-handed beta-helical p27 subunitTing Yu Yeh
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
EMBO J 32:1023-35. 2013..kinase 1 (Cdk1) at a single site, p27 Thr186, to generate an anchoring site for polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) at kinetochores...
- Molecular cloning of murine STAP-1, the stem-cell-specific adaptor protein containing PH and SH2 domainsM Masuhara
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Aikawamachi 2432 3, Kurume, 839 0861, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:697-703. 2000..These suggest that STAP-1 functions as an adaptor molecule downstream of c-kit in hematopoietic stem cells...
- Regulation of cAMP on the first mitotic cell cycle of mouse embryosAiming Yu
Department of Biochemical and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Mol Reprod Dev 75:489-95. 2008..In the downstream of cAMP/PKA, there are some effectors such as polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1), Cdc25, Mos (mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase), MEK (mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase), ..
- Identification of beta-catenin as a novel substrate of Polo-like kinase 1Tsuyoshi Arai
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell Cycle 7:3556-63. 2008Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in M phase progression by regulating various downstream substrates via phosphorylation...
- Functional dynamics of Polo-like kinase 1 at the centrosomeKazuhiro Kishi
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:3134-50. 2009Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) functions as a key regulator of mitotic events by phosphorylating substrate proteins on centrosomes, kinetochores, the mitotic spindle, and the midbody...
- Role of Filia, a maternal effect gene, in maintaining euploidy during cleavage-stage mouse embryogenesisPing Zheng
Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7473-8. 2009..e., AURKA, PLK1, and gamma-tubulin) to the microtubule-organizing center via the RhoA signaling pathway...
- Polo-like kinase 1 inhibition suppresses hepatitis B virus X protein-induced transformation in an in vitro model of liver cancer progressionLeo L Studach
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2026, USA
Hepatology 50:414-23. 2009..One of these genes is the mitotic kinase Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1). Oncogenic transformation is suppressed in the absence of pX expression, and significantly, by inhibition of Plk1...
- Polo-like kinase1 (Plk1) knockdown enhances cisplatin chemosensitivity via up-regulation of p73α in p53 mutant human epidermoid squamous carcinoma cellsShilpa Tyagi
Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Lucknow, U P, India
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1326-34. 2010Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1), a critical regulator of mitotic entry, progression and exit, has been shown to be involved in a variety of cancers and thus is becoming an attractive target for cancer management...
- Female infertility in PDE3A(-/-) mice: polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) may be a target of protein kinase A (PKA) and involved in meiotic arrest of oocytes from PDE3A(-/-) miceWeixing Shen
Translational Medicine Branch TMB, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cell Cycle 9:4720-34. 2010..G2/M-arrested PDE3A(-/-) murine oocytes, elevated PKA activity was associated with inactivation of Cdc2 and Plk1, and inhibition of phosphorylation of histone H3 (S10) and of dephosphorylation of Cdc25B (S323) and Cdc2 (Thr14/..
- Polo-like kinase 1 contributes to the tumorigenicity of BEL-7402 hepatoma cells via regulation of Survivin expressionZili He
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hunan Provincial People s Hospital, Hunan, China
Cancer Lett 303:92-8. 2011Polo-like kinase 1 (PLK1) is required for multiple stages of mitosis and has been found to be overexpressed in many human malignancies...
- Toxicity modelling of Plk1-targeted therapies in genetically engineered mice and cultured primary mammalian cellsMonika Raab
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Nat Commun 2:395. 2011..Although polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) inhibitors are attractive candidates for drug development, the role of Plk1 in primary cells remains widely ..
- Polo-like kinase 1 facilitates loss of Pten tumor suppressor-induced prostate cancer formationX Shawn Liu
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 286:35795-800. 2011..Further, depletion of Pten results in elevated expression of Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1), a critical regulator of the cell cycle...
- Cloning and chromosomal localization of a new member of the bHLH/PAS transcription factor familyC D Wolting
Amgen Research Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics and Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, 620 University Ave, Suite 706, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2C1
Mamm Genome 9:463-8. 1998..Interspecies backcross and FISH mapping have been used to localize the Tic gene to mouse Chromosome (Chr) 7 F2-F3, given the locus name Arntl. FISH mapping was also used to localize the human gene to Chr 11p15...
- Structure, chromosomal localization, and expression of the gene for mouse ecto-mono(ADP-ribosyl)transferase ART5G Glowacki
Institute for Immunology, University Hospital, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Gene 275:267-77. 2001..The secreted epitope-tagged ART5 protein resembled rat ART2 in exhibiting potent NAD-glycohydrolase activity. This study provides important experimental tools to further elucidate the function of ART5...
- The mouse Psma1 gene coding for the alpha-type C2 proteasome subunit: structural and functional analysis, mapping, and colocalization with Pde3b on mouse chromosome 7A Hopitzan
Research and Development, Boehringer Ingelheim Austria, Vienna, 1121, Austria
Genomics 66:313-23. 2000..3 in a region syntenic to human chromosome 11p15. Our results extend the structural and functional analysis of genes encoding the 20S proteasome subunits and provide the basis for the study of their regulation...
- Expression of polo-like kinase (PLK) in the mouse placenta and ovaryN Takai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oita Medical University, Japan
Reprod Fertil Dev 11:31-5. 1999The polo-like kinase (PLK) is a mammalian serine/threonine kinase involved in cell cycle regulation...
- Mouse mitotic spindle checkpoint Bub3 gene maps to the distal region of chromosome 7 by interspecific backcross analysisK J Fowler
The Murdoch Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 87:91-2. 1999
- Alternative splicing, gene localization, and binding of SH2-B to the insulin receptor kinase domainK Nelms
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1160-7. 1999..Additionally, the chromosomal location of the SH2-B gene was determined to be the distal arm of mouse Chromosome (Chr) 7 in a region linked to obesity in mice...
- PHR1 encodes an abundant, pleckstrin homology domain-containing integral membrane protein in the photoreceptor outer segmentsS Xu
Predoctoral Training Program in Human Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 274:35676-85. 1999..This activity and subcellular location suggests that PHR1 may function as a previously unrecognized modulator of the phototransduction pathway...
- Ubiquitination and proteasome mediated degradation of polo-like kinaseD K Ferris
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, 21702 1201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 252:340-4. 1998Polo-like kinase (Plk) is a cell cycle-regulated, cyclin-independent serine/threonine protein kinase...
- Cloning of mammalian Ire1 reveals diversity in the ER stress responsesX Z Wang
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and the Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 17:5708-17. 1998..These results indicate that a single upstream component, Ire1, plays a role in multiple facets of the ER stress-response in mammalian cells...
- Germ cell differentiation and synaptonemal complex formation are disrupted in CPEB knockout miceJ Tay
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Dev Cell 1:201-13. 2001..Synaptonemal complexes were not detected in these animals. CPEB therefore controls germ cell differentiation by regulating the formation of the synaptonemal complex...
- The role of Cdc2 feedback loop control in the DNA damage checkpoint in mammalian cellsR Y Poon
Department of Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Cancer Res 57:5168-78. 1997..Thus, the decrease in Cdc25C activity may in part account for the DNA damage-induced increase in Thr14/Tyr15 phosphorylation...
- The mouse Plk gene: structural characterization, chromosomal localization and identification of a processed Plk pseudogeneF J Clay
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Branch, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Gene 198:329-39. 1997..Based on homology with the human PLK1 promoter region, the putative mouse promoter region includes a CCAAT motif but lacks the conventional TATA motif...
- Plk is an M-phase-specific protein kinase and interacts with a kinesin-like protein, CHO1/MKLP-1K S Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:7143-51. 1995PLK (STPK13) encodes a murine protein kinase closely related to those encoded by the Drosophila melanogaster polo gene and the Saccharomyces cerevisiae CDC5 gene, which are required for normal mitotic and meiotic divisions...
- Identification and cloning of a protein kinase-encoding mouse gene, Plk, related to the polo gene of DrosophilaF J Clay
Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:4882-6. 1993..is closely related to the enzyme encoded by the Drosophila melanogaster mutant polo and that we have designated Plk (polo-like kinase)...
- Cloning and characterization of human and murine homologues of the Drosophila polo serine-threonine kinaseR Hamanaka
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Cell Growth Differ 5:249-57. 1994..are homologous to the Drosophila serine/threonine polo kinase and the recently cloned murine polo related kinase (PLK). Both the human and murine clones are about 2.1 kilobases with open reading frames of 1...
- Cell cycle- and terminal differentiation-associated regulation of the mouse mRNA encoding a conserved mitotic protein kinaseR J Lake
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Mol Cell Biol 13:7793-801. 1993We determined the nucleotide sequence of a mouse and a human cDNA, which we designate STPK13, that encodes an apparent protein kinase related to that encoded by the Drosophila melanogaster polo gene and the Saccharomyces cerevisiae CDC5 ..
- Murine polo like kinase 1 gene is expressed in meiotic testicular germ cells and oocytesN Matsubara
Department of Cell Biology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 41:407-15. 1995..of the entire coding regions shows that this clone, designated Plk1(polo like kinase 1), is identical with STPK13 previously cloned from murine erythro-leukemia cells...
- Identification and functional characterization of the human and murine polo-like kinase (Plk) promoterA Bräuninger
Chemotherapeutisches Forschungsinstitut Georg Speyer Haus, Frankfurt, Germany
Oncogene 11:1793-800. 1995The Plk gene encodes a serine/theronine kinase which is located in the nucleus. Northern blot analysis linked Plk expression to the proliferative activity of cells and tissues...
- Functional studies on the role of the C-terminal domain of mammalian polo-like kinaseYoung Joo Jang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1984-9. 2002Mammalian polo-like kinase (Plk) acts at various stages in early and late mitosis. Plk is phosphorylated and activated in mitosis, and the proper subcellular localization of Plk is essential for mitotic regulation...
- Plk phosphorylation regulates the microtubule-stabilizing protein TCTPFrederic R Yarm
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6209-21. 2002..and -stabilizing protein, the translationally controlled tumor protein (TCTP), was identified as a putative Plk-interacting clone by a two-hybrid screen...
- The murine macrophage apoB-48 receptor gene (Apob-48r): homology to the human receptorMatthew L Brown
Department of Medicine, Division of Gerontology and Geriatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0012, USA
J Lipid Res 43:1181-91. 2002....
- Cell cycle dependent expression of Plk1 in synchronized porcine fetal fibroblastsMartin Anger
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Libechov, Czech Republic
Mol Reprod Dev 65:245-53. 2003..We have cloned cDNA fragments of the porcine homologues of Plk1, Plk2, and Plk3 employing fetal fibroblasts as source...
- M phase-specific phosphorylation of BRCA2 by Polo-like kinase 1 correlates with the dissociation of the BRCA2-P/CAF complexHorng Ru Lin
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
J Biol Chem 278:35979-87. 2003..analysis identified two phosphopeptides that contain "phosphorylation consensus motifs" for Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1)...
- Mapping a chromosomal locus for valproic acid-induced exencephaly in miceYunxia Wang Lundberg
Genetics Department, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Mamm Genome 15:361-9. 2004..These results suggest a major chromosomal locus associated with the sensitivity to VPA-induced exencephaly in mice...
- Ubiquitin-proteasome pathway modulates mouse oocyte meiotic maturation and fertilization via regulation of MAPK cascade and cyclin B1 degradationLi Jun Huo
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Mech Dev 121:1275-87. 2004..metaphase I spindle assembly was prevented, and the distribution of ubiquitin, cyclin B1, and polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) was also distorted...
- The mouse Forkhead Box m1 transcription factor is essential for hepatoblast mitosis and development of intrahepatic bile ducts and vessels during liver morphogenesisKatherine Krupczak-Hollis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Dev Biol 276:74-88. 2004....
- The forkhead-associated domain protein Cep170 interacts with Polo-like kinase 1 and serves as a marker for mature centriolesGiulia Guarguaglini
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 16:1095-107. 2005..Cep170 was identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen for interactors of Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1). In human cells, Cep170 is constantly expressed throughout the cell cycle but phosphorylated during mitosis...
- The forkhead box m1 transcription factor is essential for embryonic development of pulmonary vasculatureIl Man Kim
Department of Medicine and Committee on Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 280:22278-86. 2005..In summary, development of mouse lungs depends on the Foxm1 transcription factor, which regulates expression of genes essential for mesenchyme proliferation, extracellular matrix remodeling, and vasculogenesis...
- Non-equivalence of embryonic and somatic cell nuclei affecting spindle composition in clonesFaical Miyara
The Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Dev Biol 289:206-17. 2006..These results reveal a striking control of SCC formation by the transplanted nucleus and provide the first identified molecular correlate of donor stage-dependent restriction in nuclear potency...
- Heterologous expression of mammalian Plk1 in Drosophila reveals divergence from Polo during late mitosisJohn Pearson
Cancer Research UK Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, University of Cambridge, Department of Genetics, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EH, UK
Exp Cell Res 312:770-81. 2006..We assessed the ability of mouse Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) to perform the multiple mitotic functions of Polo kinase, by expressing a Plk1-GFP fusion in Drosophila...
- Megakaryocyte polyploidization is associated with decreased expression of polo-like kinase (PLK)M Yagi
Research, Seattle Division, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, WA 98108, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:2028-34. 2006..Therefore, understanding the molecular mechanisms regulating polyploidization could identify events involved in controlling both cell division and thrombopoiesis...
- Polo-like kinase 1 may regulate G2/M transition of mouse fertilized eggs by means of inhibiting the phosphorylation of Tyr 15 of Cdc2Zhe Zhang
Department of Biochemical and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Mol Reprod Dev 74:1247-54. 2007Polo-like kinase 1(Plk1) has been reported to be a multifunctional kinase that plays pivotal regulatory roles in microtubule assembly during mammalian early embryonic mitosis...
- Myocardium defects and ventricular hypoplasia in mice homozygous null for the Forkhead Box M1 transcription factorSneha Ramakrishna
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Dev Dyn 236:1000-13. 2007..Foxm1 regulates expression of genes essential for the proliferation of cardiomyocytes during heart development...