Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pik3r1
Description: phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, regulatory subunit, polypeptide 1 (p85 alpha)
Alias: PI3K, p50alpha, p55alpha, p85alpha, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulatory subunit alpha, PI3-kinase subunit p85-alpha, PI3K regulatory subunit alpha, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase 85 kDa regulatory subunit alpha
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Proteolysis-independent regulation of PI3K by Cbl-b-mediated ubiquitination in T cellsD Fang
Division of Cell Biology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Nat Immunol 2:870-5. 2001..The p85 regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3K) was identified as a substrate for Cbl-b...
- CD86 stimulation on a B cell activates the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and phospholipase C gamma 2/protein kinase C alpha beta signaling pathwaysNicholas W Kin
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 176:6727-35. 2006..In this study, we show that CD86 stimulation on an activated B cell increases the activity of PI3K and the phosphorylation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1, Akt, and IkappaB kinase alphabeta...
- Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinases are obligate p85-p110 heterodimersBarbara Geering
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:7809-14. 2007..or p110delta) bound to any of five distinct regulatory subunits (p85alpha, p85beta, p55gamma, p55alpha, and p50alpha, collectively referred to as "p85s")...
- p85 Associates with unphosphorylated PTEN and the PTEN-associated complexRosalia Rabinovsky
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5377-88. 2009..D3 position of phosphoinositide-3,4,5-trisphosphate, thereby negatively regulating the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/AKT signaling pathway...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS-1) and SOCS-3 cause insulin resistance through inhibition of tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate proteins by discrete mechanismsKohjiro Ueki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Departmentof Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:5434-46. 2004..These data indicate that SOCS-1 and SOCS-3 act as negative regulators in insulin signaling and serve as one of the missing links between insulin resistance and cytokine signaling...
- Regulation of heme oxygenase-1 expression by demethoxy curcuminoids through Nrf2 by a PI3-kinase/Akt-mediated pathway in mouse beta-cellsSubbiah Pugazhenthi
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6511, Mail Stop 8106, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E645-55. 2007..Our observations suggest that demethoxy curcuminoids could be used to induce a cellular defense mechanism in beta-cells under conditions of stress as seen in diabetes...
- Hypoxia up-regulates CD36 expression and function via hypoxia-inducible factor-1- and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent mechanismsBupe R Mwaikambo
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:26695-707. 2009..Together, our findings indicate a novel mechanism by which hypoxia induces CD36 expression via activation of HIF-1 and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway...
- The monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CCR2 loop, inducible by TGF-beta, increases podocyte motility and albumin permeabilityEun Young Lee
Division of Nephrology Hypertension, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F85-94. 2009..In conclusion, this is the first description that TGF-beta signaling through PI3K induces the podocyte expression of MCP-1 that can then operate via CCR2 to increase cellular migration and alter ..
- PI3-kinase activity modulates apo B available for hepatic VLDL production in apobec-1-/- miceDoru V Chirieac
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Univ of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, P O Box 626, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G382-8. 2006....
- Colony-stimulating factor-1 requires PI3-kinase-mediated metabolism for proliferation and survival in myeloid cellsA W M Lee
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150W Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Death Differ 13:1900-14. 2006..This study identifies robust PI3-kinase activation as essential for optimal CSF-1-mediated mitogenesis in myeloid cells, in part through regulation of HKII and support of glycolysis...
- Hyperactivation of p21ras and PI3K cooperate to alter murine and human neurofibromatosis type 1-haploinsufficient osteoclast functionsFeng Chun Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2880-91. 2006..Intercrossing Nf1(+/-) mice and mice deficient in class 1(A) PI3K (p85alpha) restored elevated PI3K activity and Nf1(+/-) osteoclast functions to WT levels...
- Impaired liver regeneration in Nrf2 knockout mice: role of ROS-mediated insulin/IGF-1 resistanceTobias A Beyer
Department of Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 27:212-23. 2008..These findings may provide the basis for the development of new strategies to improve regeneration in patients with acute or chronic liver damage...
- T cell Ig and mucin domain-1-mediated T cell activation requires recruitment and activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseAnjali J de Souza
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Immunol 180:6518-26. 2008..Tim-1 becomes phosphorylated in a lck-dependent manner, whereupon it can directly recruit p85 adaptor subunits of PI3K. This results in PI3K activation, which is required for Tim-1 function...
- Growth hormone and prolactin stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1, -2, and -3, their association with p85 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase), and concomitantly PI3-kinase activation via JAK2 kinaseT Yamauchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:15719-26. 1998..Taken together, the role of IRS-1, -2, and -3 in GH and PRL signalings appears to be phosphorylated by JAK2, thereby providing docking sites for p85 PI3-kinase and activating PI3-kinase and its downstream biological effects...
- Role of the docking protein Gab2 in beta(1)-integrin signaling pathway-mediated hematopoietic cell adhesion and migrationWen Mei Yu
Department of Hematopoiesis, Jerome H Holland Laboratory for the Biomedical Sciences, American Red Cross, 15601 Crabbs Branch Way, Rockville, MD 20855, USA
Blood 99:2351-9. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest an important signaling role for Gab2 in regulating hematopoietic cell adhesion and migration...
- Insulin-stimulated Interaction between insulin receptor substrate 1 and p85alpha and activation of protein kinase B/Akt require Rab5Xiong Su
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27982-90. 2006..of PKB/Akt activation was because of the impaired interaction between insulin receptor substrate 1 and the p85alpha subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase...
- Activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase regulates pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 in duct cells during pancreatic regenerationHiroaki Watanabe
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0526, USA
Pancreas 36:153-9. 2008The purpose of our study was to determine whether the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway contributes to expression of pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 (PDX-1) in duct cells and the cell differentiation during pancreatic ..
- Protein kinase C-delta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activate mammalian target of rapamycin to modulate NF-kappaB activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cellsMohd Minhajuddin
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4052-61. 2009..was defective in embryonic fibroblasts from mice with targeted disruption of PKC-delta (Pkc-delta(-)(/)(-)), p85alpha and p85beta subunits of the PI3K (p85alpha(-)(/)(-)beta(-)(/)(-)), or Akt1 and Akt2 (Akt1(-)(/)(-)2(-)(/)(-))...
- Structural organization and alternative splicing of the murine phosphoinositide 3-kinase p85 alpha geneD A Fruman
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Genomics 37:113-21. 1996..Northern blot analysis of mouse tissues reveals differential expression of full-length and alternatively spliced p85 alpha, with the splice variant most abundant in the liver...
- Xid-like immunodeficiency in mice with disruption of the p85alpha subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseH Suzuki
Department of Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Science 283:390-2. 1999Mice with a targeted gene disruption of p85alpha, a regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase, had impaired B cell development at the pro-B cell stage, reduced numbers of mature B cells and peritoneal CD5+ Ly-1 B cells, reduced B ..
- Impaired B cell development and proliferation in absence of phosphoinositide 3-kinase p85alphaD A Fruman
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 283:393-7. 1999..The mouse gene encoding the PI3K adapter subunit p85alpha and its splice variants p55alpha and p50alpha was disrupted. Most p85alpha-p55alpha-p50alpha-/- mice die within days after birth...
- Increased insulin sensitivity and hypoglycaemia in mice lacking the p85 alpha subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseY Terauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 21:230-5. 1999..the role of PI3K in glucose homeostasis, we generated mice with a targeted disruption of the gene encoding the p85alpha regulatory subunit of PI3K (Pik3r1; refs 3-5)...
- Hypoglycaemia, liver necrosis and perinatal death in mice lacking all isoforms of phosphoinositide 3-kinase p85 alphaD A Fruman
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 26:379-82. 2000..The gene Pik3r1 encodes three proteins (p85 alpha, p55 alpha and p50 alpha) that serve as regulatory subunits of class IA Pi3ks (..
- Reduced expression of the murine p85alpha subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase improves insulin signaling and ameliorates diabetesFranck Mauvais-Jarvis
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 109:141-9. 2002..The major regulatory subunits of PI 3-kinase, p85alpha and its splice variants, are encoded by the Pik3r1 gene...
- Molecular balance between the regulatory and catalytic subunits of phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulates cell signaling and survivalKohjiro Ueki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:965-77. 2002..of a p110 catalytic subunit and a regulatory subunit, the most common family of which is derived from the p85alpha gene (Pik3r1)...
- Selective loss of gastrointestinal mast cells and impaired immunity in PI3K-deficient miceTaro Fukao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nat Immunol 3:295-304. 2002Mice that lack the p85alpha regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3K) are deficient in gastrointestinal and peritoneal mast cells but have dermal mast cells...
- PI3K and Btk differentially regulate B cell antigen receptor-mediated signal transductionHarumi Suzuki
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nat Immunol 4:280-6. 2003Phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) is thought to activate the tyrosine kinase Btk...
- Positive and negative roles of p85 alpha and p85 beta regulatory subunits of phosphoinositide 3-kinase in insulin signalingKohjiro Ueki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48453-66. 2003..regulatory isoforms, p85 alpha and p85 beta, we have established brown adipose cell lines with disruption of the Pik3r1 or Pik3r2 gene...
- p50alpha/p55alpha phosphoinositide 3-kinase knockout mice exhibit enhanced insulin sensitivityDong Chen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:320-9. 2004..In addition to p85alpha and p85beta, insulin-sensitive tissues such as fat, muscle, and liver express the splice variants of the pik3r1 ..
- Increased serum leptin protects from adiposity despite the increased glucose uptake in white adipose tissue in mice lacking p85alpha phosphoinositide 3-kinaseYasuo Terauchi
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Diabetes 53:2261-70. 2004Mice lacking the p85alpha regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide (PI) 3-kinase (Pik3r1(-/-)) showed increased glucose uptake in white adipose tissue (WAT) and skeletal muscle due to increased phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-triphosphate [..
- Stat3-induced apoptosis requires a molecular switch in PI(3)K subunit compositionKathrine Abell
Mammary Apoptosis and Development Group, Department of Pathology, Tennis Court Road, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Nat Cell Biol 7:392-8. 2005..Here we show that expression of the PI(3)K regulatory subunits p55alpha and p50alpha is induced by Stat3 during involution...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling to Akt promotes keratinocyte differentiation versus deathEnzo Calautti
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32856-65. 2005..We show here that the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway is activated at early stages of mouse keratinocyte differentiation both in culture and in the intact ..
- The p85 regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase down-regulates IRS-1 signaling via the formation of a sequestration complexJi Luo
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 170:455-64. 2005..To further understand the role of p85, we examined IGF-1-dependent translocation of p85alpha by using a green fluorescence protein (GFP)-tagged p85alpha (EGFP-p85alpha)...
- Critical role for the p110alpha phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase in growth and metabolic regulationLazaros C Foukas
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS, UK
Nature 441:366-70. 2006..These findings demonstrate a critical role for p110alpha in growth factor and metabolic signalling and also suggest an explanation for selective mutation or overexpression of p110alpha in a variety of cancers...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulatory subunit p85alpha suppresses insulin action via positive regulation of PTENCullen M Taniguchi
Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12093-7. 2006..Here, we show that mice with a liver-specific deletion of the p85alpha regulatory subunit of PI3K (L-Pik3r1KO) exhibit a paradoxical improvement of hepatic and peripheral insulin ..
- A PI3K activity-independent function of p85 regulatory subunit in control of mammalian cytokinesisZaira García
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 25:4740-51. 2006..We studied the role of p85/p110 phosphoinositide kinase (PI3K) in mammalian cytokinesis. Deletion of the p85alpha regulatory subunit induced cell accumulation in telophase and appearance of binucleated cells, whereas inhibition ..
- The p85alpha regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase potentiates c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated insulin resistanceCullen M Taniguchi
Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2830-40. 2007..Here we demonstrate that the p85alpha regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), a key mediator of insulin's metabolic actions, is also ..
- Growth hormone regulation of p85alpha expression and phosphoinositide 3-kinase activity in adipose tissue: mechanism for growth hormone-mediated insulin resistanceJuan Pablo Del Rincon
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Diabetes 56:1638-46. 2007..Genetic disruption of the p85alpha regulatory subunit of PI 3-kinase increases insulin sensitivity, whereas elevated p85alpha levels are associated ..
- Genetic and pharmacologic evidence implicating the p85 alpha, but not p85 beta, regulatory subunit of PI3K and Rac2 GTPase in regulating oncogenic KIT-induced transformation in acute myeloid leukemia and systemic mastocytosisVeerendra Munugalavadla
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood 110:1612-20. 2007..Genetic disruption of p85 alpha, the regulatory subunit of class IA lipid kinase phosphoinositol-3-kinase (PI3K), but not of p85 beta, or genetic disruption of the hematopoietic cell-specific Rho GTPase, Rac2, normalizes ..
- CD28 provides T-cell costimulation and enhances PI3K activity at the immune synapse independently of its capacity to interact with the p85/p110 heterodimerFabien Garcon
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling and Development, Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 111:1464-71. 2008Activation of PI3K is among the earliest signaling events observed in T cells after conjugate formation with antigen-presenting cells (APCs)...
- Requirement for p85alpha regulatory subunit of class IA PI3K in myeloproliferative disease driven by an activation loop mutant of KITVeerendra Munugalavadla
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Exp Hematol 36:301-8. 2008..Previous studies have demonstrated hyperactivation of p85alpha regulatory subunit of class IA phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) in cell lines expressing the activation loop ..
- Genetic analysis of the role of the PI3K-Akt pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine and tissue factor gene expression in monocytes/macrophagesJames P Luyendyk
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 180:4218-26. 2008..We used peritoneal exudate cells from Pik3r1-deficient mice, which lack the p85alpha regulatory subunit of PI3K and have reduced PI3K activity, and peritoneal macrophages from PTEN(flox/flox)/..
- TLR4/CD14-mediated PI3K activation is an essential component of interferon-dependent VSV resistance in macrophagesGernot Schabbauer
Department for Vascular Biology, Center for Biomolecular Medicine and Pharmacology, Medical University Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, Vienna, Austria
Mol Immunol 45:2790-6. 2008Phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate kinase (PI3K) has been reported to exhibit anti-inflammatory roles as a negative modulator of the NF-kappaB pathway (MyD88- and Mal-dependent) triggered upon Toll-like receptor (TLR)4 activation by ..
- The p85alpha subunit of class IA phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulates the expression of multiple genes involved in osteoclast maturation and migrationVeerendra Munugalavadla
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, 2 Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:7182-98. 2008..subunits of class I(A) phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K) although the expression of the full-length form of p85alpha is most abundant...
- Direct positive regulation of PTEN by the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseRyaz B Chagpar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5E5, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5471-6. 2010..PI3K consists of a p110 catalytic protein and a p85alpha regulatory protein, required for the stabilization and localization of p110-PI3K activity...
- A regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase increases the nuclear accumulation of X-box-binding protein-1 to modulate the unfolded protein responseJonathon N Winnay
Section on Integrative Physiology and Metabolism, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:438-45. 2010..of insulin, is composed of a catalytic (p110alpha or p110beta) and regulatory (p85alphaalpha, p85betaalpha or p55alpha) subunit...
- The regulatory subunits of PI3K, p85alpha and p85beta, interact with XBP-1 and increase its nuclear translocationSang Won Park
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:429-37. 2010..Here, we show that the regulatory subunits of phosphotidyl inositol 3-kinase (PI3K), p85alpha (encoded by Pik3r1) and p85beta (encoded by Pik3r2) form heterodimers that are disrupted by insulin treatment...
- Structure of lipid kinase p110β/p85β elucidates an unusual SH2-domain-mediated inhibitory mechanismXuxiao Zhang
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Mol Cell 41:567-78. 2011..This contrasts with the nSH2 where the pY-binding site itself forms the inhibitory contact. This establishes an unusual mechanism by which p85 SH2 domains contribute to RTK signaling specificities...
- Rho kinase regulates the survival and transformation of cells bearing oncogenic forms of KIT, FLT3, and BCR-ABLRaghuveer Singh Mali
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Cancer Cell 20:357-69. 2011..activation of Rho kinase (ROCK) in cells bearing oncogenic forms of KIT, FLT3, and BCR-ABL, which is dependent on PI3K and Rho GTPase...
- PI3K regulates branch initiation and extension of cultured mammary epithelia via Akt and Rac1 respectivelyWenting Zhu
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Dev Biol 379:235-45. 2013..Here we examined how signaling downstream of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) regulates different steps of mammary branching using three-dimensional culture models of the mammary epithelial ..
- Molecular cloning of murine STAP-1, the stem-cell-specific adaptor protein containing PH and SH2 domainsM Masuhara
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Aikawamachi 2432 3, Kurume, 839 0861, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:697-703. 2000..These suggest that STAP-1 functions as an adaptor molecule downstream of c-kit in hematopoietic stem cells...
- Role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulatory isoforms in development and actin rearrangementSaskia M Brachmann
Beth Israel Hospital, NRB, Division of Signal Transduction, Department of Systems Biology, 10th Floor, 330 Brookline, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:2593-606. 2005..Although embryonic development is not impaired in mice lacking all isoforms of the p85alpha gene (p85alpha-/- p55alpha-/- p50alpha-/-) or in mice lacking the p85beta gene (p85beta-/-) (D. A. Fruman, F...
- Modulation of epithelial neoplasia and lymphoid hyperplasia in PTEN+/- mice by the p85 regulatory subunits of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseJi Luo
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10238-43. 2005..Here, we examined the effect of deleting various regulatory subunits of PI3K (p85alpha and p85beta) on epithelial neoplasia and lymphoid hyperplasia in PTEN+/- mice...
- Competitive displacement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase from beta-adrenergic receptor kinase-1 improves postinfarction adverse myocardial remodelingAntonio Curcio
Dept of Medicine, Cell Biology, and Molecular Genetics, Duke Univ Medical Center, DUMC 3104, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1754-60. 2006..studies have shown that overexpression of the phosphoinositide kinase (PIK) domain of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), prevents beta-AR downregulation and enhances adrenergic agonist responsiveness by inhibiting the targeting of ..
- Rescuing 3T3-L1 adipocytes from insulin resistance induced by stimulation of Akt-mammalian target of rapamycin/p70 S6 kinase (S6K1) pathway and serine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1: effect of reduced expression of p85alpha subunit of phoRebecca Adochio
Department of Veterans Affairs, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Endocrinology 150:1165-73. 2009..We then reduced expression of the PI 3-kinase regulatory subunit, p85alpha, or expression of S6K1 kinase using small interfering RNA transfections, which led to a reduction in p85alpha ..
- Distinct regulation of autophagic activity by Atg14L and Rubicon associated with Beclin 1-phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase complexYun Zhong
1 Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA 2 These authors contributed equally to the work
Nat Cell Biol 11:468-76. 2009..We hypothesize that by forming distinct protein complexes, Beclin 1 and its binding proteins orchestrate the precise function of the class III PI(3)K in regulating autophagy at multiple steps...
- The association of insulin-elicited phosphotyrosine proteins with src homology 2 domainsB E Lavan
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755 3844
J Biol Chem 267:11631-6. 1992..and insulin-stimulated 3T3-L1 adipocytes with src homology 2 (SH2) domains from phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP), and phospholipase C gamma have been examined...
- Microglial MAC1 receptor and PI3K are essential in mediating β-amyloid peptide-induced microglial activation and subsequent neurotoxicityDan Zhang
Laboratory of Pharmacology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Neuroinflammation 8:3. 2011..However, the upstream signaling pathway of superoxide production remains unclear...
- PI3-kinase/Akt pathway-regulated membrane insertion of acid-sensing ion channel 1a underlies BDNF-induced pain hypersensitivityBo Duan
Institute of Neuroscience and State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Neurosci 32:6351-63. 2012..and heterologous cell cultures, the BDNF/TrkB pathway enhanced ASIC1a currents via phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-protein kinase B (PKB/Akt) cascade and phosphorylation of cytoplasmic residue Ser-25 of ASIC1a, resulting in ..
- Insulin-FOXO3 signaling modulates circadian rhythms via regulation of clock transcriptionInês Chaves
Department of Genetics, Center for Biomedical Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Biol 24:1248-55. 2014..Here we show that insulin-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Forkhead box class O3 (FOXO3) signaling is required for circadian rhythmicity in the liver via regulation of Clock...
- A novel T608R missense mutation in insulin receptor substrate-1 identified in a subject with type 2 diabetes impairs metabolic insulin signalingDiana L Esposito
Department of Oncology and Neurosciences, Section of Molecular Pathology, University Gabriele D Annunzio, 66013 Chieti, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1468-75. 2003..We conclude that a naturally occurring substitution of Arg for Thr(608) in IRS-1 is a rare human mutation that may contribute to insulin resistance by impairing metabolic signaling through PI 3-kinase-dependent pathways...
- Deletion of Gab1 in the liver leads to enhanced glucose tolerance and improved hepatic insulin actionEmilie A Bard-Chapeau
Signal Transduction Program, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Med 11:567-71. 2005..Thus, Gab1 acts to attenuate, through promotion of the Erk pathway, insulin-elicited signals flowing through IRS and Akt proteins, which represents a novel balancing mechanism for control of insulin signal strength in the liver...
- Genetic reduction of class IA PI-3 kinase activity alters fetal hematopoiesis and competitive repopulating ability of hematopoietic stem cells in vivoLaura S Haneline
Indiana University School of Medicine, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood 107:1375-82. 2006..Therefore, we examined PI-3K-deficient embryos generated by a targeted deletion of the p85alpha and p85beta regulatory subunits of PI-3K (p85alpha-/-p85beta+/-)...
- PI3K-Akt inactivation induced CHOP expression in endoplasmic reticulum-stressed cellsKanae Hyoda
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:286-90. 2006..Interestingly, treatment with a PI3K inhibitor alone induced CHOP expression and caused cell death...
- Spatial and temporal regulation of GLUT4 translocation by flotillin-1 and caveolin-3 in skeletal muscle cellsKatia Fecchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
FASEB J 20:705-7. 2006..insulin for 10 min results in the translocation of flotillin-1/GLUT4-containing domains to the plasma membrane in a PI3K- and PKCzeta-dependent manner...
- Pertussis toxin promotes macrophage survival through inhibition of acid sphingomyelinase and activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathwayShih Wei Wang
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cell Signal 19:1772-83. 2007..those of oxidized LDL, in that both inhibited acid sphingomyelinase, and activated the phosphoinositide 3 kinase (PI3K)/protein kinase B (PKB) pathway which leads to nuclear localization of the transcription factor NFkappaB and up-..
- Differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts expressing lamin A mutated at a site responsible for Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy is improved by inhibition of the MEK-ERK pathway and stimulation of the PI3-kinase pathwayCatherine Favreau
Institut Jacques Monod, UMR7592, CNRS et Universités Paris 6 et 7, Paris Cedex 05, France
Exp Cell Res 314:1392-405. 2008....
- Cell surface biliverdin reductase mediates biliverdin-induced anti-inflammatory effects via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and AktBarbara Wegiel
Transplant Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21369-78. 2009..Phosphorylated BVR in turn binds to the p85alpha subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and activates downstream signaling to Akt...
- Phosphatidyl inositol 3-kinase signaling in hypothalamic proopiomelanocortin neurons contributes to the regulation of glucose homeostasisJennifer W Hill
Division of Hypothalamic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9077, USA
Endocrinology 150:4874-82. 2009..We found that deleting p85alpha alone induced resistance to diet-induced obesity...
- Important roles of PI3Kgamma in osteoclastogenesis and bone homeostasisHeeseog Kang
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program and Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12901-6. 2010..Our study also suggests that inhibition of PI3Kgamma, which is being considered as a potential therapeutic strategy for treating chronic inflammatory disorders, may result in an increase in bone mass...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinaseγ controls the intracellular localization of CpG to limit DNA-PKcs-dependent IL-10 production in macrophagesKaoru Hazeki
Division of Molecular Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e26836. 2011..Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) has been implicated in CpG-induced immune activation; however, its precise role has not yet been clarified...
- Integrin αIIb-mediated PI3K/Akt activation in plateletsHaixia Niu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Tumor Microenvironment and Inflammation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e47356. 2012..initiated by αIIb mediated outside-in signaling was inhibited by the Src family kinase inhibitor PP2 and the PI3K inhibitor wortmannin, respectively, but not by the MAPK inhibitor U0126...
- Defective podocyte insulin signalling through p85-XBP1 promotes ATF6-dependent maladaptive ER-stress response in diabetic nephropathyThati Madhusudhan
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Medical Faculty, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg 39120, Germany
Nat Commun 6:6496. 2015..signalling by genetic ablation of the insulin receptor or the regulatory subunits phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) p85α or p85β impairs sXBP1 nuclear translocation and exacerbates DN...
- A Cytosolic Multiprotein Complex Containing p85α Is Required for β-Catenin Activation in Colitis and Colitis-associated CancerTatiana Goretsky
From the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536
J Biol Chem 291:4166-77. 2016..The MCC contains p85α, the class IA subunit of PI3K, along with β-catenin, 14-3-3ζ, Akt, and p110α...
- The autism-associated MET receptor tyrosine kinase engages early neuronal growth mechanism and controls glutamatergic circuits development in the forebrainY Peng
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Mol Psychiatry 21:925-35. 2016..Dysregulated MET signaling may lead to pathological changes in forebrain maturation and connectivity, and thus contribute to the emergence of neurological symptoms associated with ASD. ..
- The proto-oncogene product p120(cbl) links c-Src and phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase to the integrin signaling pathwayM Ojaniemi
La Jolla Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3780-7. 1997..These observations suggest that Cbl serves as a docking protein and may transduce signals to downstream signaling pathways following integrin-mediated cell adhesion in macrophages...
- Fyn associates with Cbl and phosphorylates tyrosine 731 in Cbl, a binding site for phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseS Hunter
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 274:2097-106. 1999....
- Separation and characterization of the activated pool of colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor forming distinct multimeric complexes with signalling molecules in macrophagesV Kanagasundaram
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 19:4079-92. 1999..Specific structural proteins associated with the separate CSF-1R multimeric complexes upon CSF-1 stimulation and the presence of the distinct pools of the CSF-1R were dependent on the integrity of the microtubular network...
- Requirements for pYXXM motifs in Cbl for binding to the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Crk, and activation of atypical protein kinase C and glucose transport during insulin action in 3T3/L1 adipocytesMary L Standaert
Research Service, James A Haley Veterans Medical Center, and Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Biochemistry 43:15494-502. 2004....
- c-Cbl promotes T cell receptor-induced thymocyte apoptosis by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathwayChristine B F Thien
School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Western Australia, Crawley 6009, Western Australia
J Biol Chem 285:10969-81. 2010..These findings identify tyrosine-phosphorylated c-Cbl as a critical sensor of TCR signal strength that regulates the engagement of death-promoting signals...
- Cockroach allergen Per a 7 down-regulates expression of Toll-like receptor 9 and IL-12 release from P815 cells through PI3K and MAPK signaling pathwaysHaiwei Yang
Clinical Research Centre, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:561-70. 2012..However, influence of specific cockroach allergen on Th1 cytokine release and expression of TLR9 in mast cells remains uninvestigated...
- miR-376a suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinomaYongxia Zheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
FEBS Lett 586:2396-403. 2012..Additionally, p85α (PIK3R1) was identified as a direct and functional target of miR-376a in Huh7 cells...
- PI3K contributed to modulation of spinal nociceptive information related to ephrinBs/EphBsLi na Yu
Department of Anesthesiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e40930. 2012..In the present study, we investigated whether phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), as the downstream effectors, participates in modulation of spinal nociceptive information related to ephrinBs/..
- Interleukin-7 induces the association of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase with the alpha chain of the interleukin-7 receptorA R Venkitaraman
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, GB
Eur J Immunol 24:2168-74. 1994..PtdIns 3-kinase may, therefore, play a unique and important role in the biological response to IL-7...
- Different effects of insulin and platelet-derived growth factor on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase at the subcellular level in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. A possible explanation for their specific effects on glucose transportJ M Ricort
INSERM U 145, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Eur J Biochem 239:17-22. 1996....
- BCAP: the tyrosine kinase substrate that connects B cell receptor to phosphoinositide 3-kinase activationT Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Japan
Immunity 13:817-27. 2000..Here, we report the identification of a novel B cell adaptor for phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), termed BCAP...
- Receptor-specific regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase activation by the protein tyrosine phosphatase Shp2Si Qing Zhang
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:4062-72. 2002..that the protein tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 regulates the strength and duration of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3K) activation in the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor signaling pathway...
- Functional p85alpha gene is required for normal murine fetal erythropoiesisHannah Huddleston
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 W Walnut St, R4 470, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood 102:142-5. 2003..However, when class IA PI-3 kinase-deficient mice were generated by a targeted deletion of the p85alpha regulatory subunit, fetal erythropoiesis was reportedly unaffected...
- BCR targets cyclin D2 via Btk and the p85alpha subunit of PI3-K to induce cell cycle progression in primary mouse B cellsJanet Glassford
Cancer Research UK Labs and Section of Cancer Cell Biology, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, Londom, UK
Oncogene 22:2248-59. 2003The p85alpha subunit of PI3-K and Btk are two crucial components of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalling pathway...
- Role of TNF receptor-associated factor 3 in the CD40 signaling by production of reactive oxygen species through association with p40phox, a cytosolic subunit of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidaseYun Jung Ha
Division of Molecular Life Sciences and Center for Cell Signaling Research, College of Natural Sciences, Ewha Womans University, 11 1 Daehyun Dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Immunol 172:231-9. 2004..Collectively, these data suggest that the CD40-induced ROS production by NADPH oxidase in WEHI 231 requires the role of TRAF3, as well as activities of PI3-K and Rac1...
- Vav-dependent and vav-independent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation in murine B cells determined by the nature of the stimulusElena Vigorito
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling and Development, Molecular Immunology Programme, Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 173:3209-14. 2004..The p85alpha and p110delta subunits of PI3K both participate in anti-IgM and mIg/CD19 coligation-induced Ca(2+) flux, although ..
- Altered splenic B cell subset development in mice lacking phosphoinositide 3-kinase p85alphaAmber C Donahue
Center for Immunology and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Int Immunol 16:1789-98. 2004..Mice lacking p85alpha, the predominant PI3K regulatory isoform, exhibit defects in B cell development and activation that are grossly ..
- Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulates heart size and physiological cardiac hypertrophyJi Luo
Division of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:9491-502. 2005..of dominant negative and constitutively active proteins, we generated mice with muscle-specific deletion of the p85alpha regulatory subunit and germ line deletion of the p85beta regulatory subunit of class I(A) PI3K...
- Distinct roles of phosphoinositide-3 kinase and phospholipase Cgamma2 in B-cell receptor-mediated signal transductionXuezhi Dai
Blood Research Institute, 8727 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:88-99. 2006During B-cell receptor (BCR) signaling, phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) is thought to function upstream of phospholipase Cgamma2 (PLCgamma2)...
- Thrombopoietin (TPO) induces c-myc expression through a PI3K- and MAPK-dependent pathway that is not mediated by Akt, PKCzeta or mTOR in TPO-dependent cell lines and primary megakaryocytesSupantitra Chanprasert
Department of Clinical Microscopy, Faculty of Medical Technology, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Cell Signal 18:1212-8. 2006..TPO signals through the Jak-STAT, Ras-Raf-MAPK, and PI3K pathways, and promotes survival, proliferation, and polyploidization in megakaryocytes...
- TIMP-3 and Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase genes were found to be related to the progression of colon cancer in a comparison of pneumoperitoneum and laparotomy in a murine modelFumiaki Tanaka
Division of Molecular and Surgical Oncology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 4546 Tsurumihara, Beppu 874 0838, Japan
Surg Today 37:220-5. 2007..However, no basic and molecular-biological examinations have yet to elucidate the mechanisms of such an improved outcome...
- The PI3K-Akt pathway promotes microtubule stabilization in migrating fibroblastsKeisuke Onishi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Genes Cells 12:535-46. 2007..Here we show that the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway plays a pivotal role in growth factor regulation of microtubule stability...
- RANKL-induced down-regulation of CX3CR1 via PI3K/Akt signaling pathway suppresses Fractalkine/CX3CL1-induced cellular responses in RAW264.7 cellsYurika Saitoh
Division of Pathogenic Biochemistry, Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:417-22. 2007..Inhibitors of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and Akt, but not mitogen-activated protein kinases, restored the RANKL-induced reduction of CX3CR1 mRNA...
- c-Src is required for tropomyosin receptor kinase C (TrkC)-induced activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-AKT pathwayWook Jin
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon 406 840, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:1391-400. 2008..major effector pathways, namely the Ras-MAP kinase (MAPK) mitogenic pathway and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-AKT pathway mediating cell survival...
- Disrupted RabGAP function of the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase results in cell transformationM Dean Chamberlain
Cancer Research Unit, Health Research Division, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4H4, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:15861-8. 2008..The p85alpha subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase has GTPase-activating protein activity toward Rab5 and Rab4, an activity ..
- Mammalian target of rapamycin and glycogen synthase kinase 3 differentially regulate lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-12 production in dendritic cellsMasashi Ohtani
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 112:635-43. 2008Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) negatively regulates Toll-like receptor (TLR)-mediated interleukin-12 (IL-12) expression in dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Dietary supplementation with glucan enhances immune fnDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the successful conclusion of this research e will have established what, if any, effect dietary supplementation with glucan has on modulating immunocompetence arid whether oral glucans will increase resistance to infectious diseases. ..
- PI3K Signaling in Single Lymphocytes Analyzed by LMSDavid Fruman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our second aim is to apply this technology to address the role of the PI3K regulatory isoform p85alpha in activation of different downstream signaling molecules.
- Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Function in LymphocytesDavid Fruman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The central hypothesis guiding this application is that the PI3K regulatory isoforms p85alpha and p85beta have distinct functional roles in lymphocyte signaling...