Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pgd
Description: phosphogluconate dehydrogenase
Alias: 0610042A05Rik, AU019875, C78335, 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, decarboxylating
- Reprogramming of Sertoli cells to fetal-like Leydig cells by Wt1 ablationLianjun Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing 100101, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:4003-8. 2015..This study thus provides a novel concept for somatic cell fate determination in testis development that may also represent an etiology of male infertility in human patients. ..
- Glycolytic cancer cells lacking 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase metabolize glucose to induce senescenceVikas P Sukhatme
Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
FEBS Lett 586:2389-95. 2012..Therefore, 6PGD inhibition may provide a novel strategy to treat glycolyic tumors such as lung cancer...
- Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic catS J O'Brien
Science 216:257-65. 1982..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed...
- Transcriptional regulation of mouse 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase by ADD1/SREBP1cHo Kyung Rho
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:288-96. 2005..Taken together, these data suggest that ADD1/SREBP1c is a key transcription factor for 6PGDH gene expression and would coordinate glucose metabolism and lipogenesis for energy homeostasis...
- Chromosomal localization, hematologic characterization, and iron metabolism of the hereditary erythroblastic anemia (hea) mutant mouseRobert A White
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Pediatric Research Center, 4th Floor, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Blood 104:1511-8. 2004..When this diet is removed there is reversion to anemia with concomitant loss of overloaded iron stores. We speculate that the hea/fsn gene is required for iron uptake into erythropoietic cells and for kidney iron reabsorption...
- A comparative gene map of the horse (Equus caballus)A R Caetano
Veterinary Genetics Laboratory, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616 8744, USA
Genome Res 9:1239-49. 1999..The equine type I markers developed in this study provide an important resource for the future development of the horse linkage and physical genome maps...
- In situ glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity during development of pre-implantation mouse embryosG G De Schepper
Institute of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Histochem J 25:299-303. 1993..It is concluded that high activity of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in oocytes is needed for keeping oocytes viable, and for generation of NADPH which is important for the fertilization process...
- Linkage relationships between ALPL, ENO1, GPI, PGD, and TGFB1 on porcine chromosome 6P A Clamp
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
Genomics 17:324-9. 1993..phosphatase (ALPL), enolase 1-alpha (ENO1), glucose-phosphate isomerase (GPI), phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD), and transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGFB1) in swine...
- Syntenic assignment of human chromosome 1 homologous loci in the bovineD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Genomics 22:626-30. 1994..AT3, REN, CR2, and GNB1 mapped to BTA 16, PFKM to BTA 5, AMY1A and NRAS to BTA 3, FGR and FUCA1 to BTA 2, and ACTA1 to BTA 28...
- The bovine B and C blood group systems are not likely to be the orthologues of human RH: an interesting twist in the comparative mapH A Lewin
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Anim Genet 25:13-8. 1994..using blood typing and restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) analysis of four loci linked to RH on HSA1; PGD, FGR, ALPL and FUCA1. Four sires with a total of 255 half-sib offspring were used for the linkage analysis...
- Genetic map of the region surrounding the retrovirus restriction locus, Fv1, on mouse chromosome 4J P Stoye
National Institute for Medical Research, Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, UK
Mamm Genome 6:31-6. 1995..Three markers, Xmv9, Nppa, and Iap3rc11, were identified that showed no recombination with Fv1. By combining backcross and recombinant inbred strain data, we estimated that Xmv9 and Nppa must lie within 0.6 cM of one another and Fv1...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Chromosome assignment of genes encoding the alpha and beta subunits of glycoprotein hormones in man and mouseS L Naylor
Somatic Cell Genet 9:757-70. 1983..In the mouse, the alpha subunit gene, detected by a mouse thyrotropin (TSH) alpha subunit probe, and the CG beta-like sequences (CG beta-LH beta), detected by the human CG beta cDNA probe, are on chromosomes 4 and 7, respectively...
- The Chinese hamster gene map. Assignment of four genes (DTS, PGM2, 6PGD, EnoI) to chromosome 2M Roberts
Exp Cell Res 127:47-54. 1980
- Linkage relationships among eleven biochemical loci in PeromyscusW D Dawson
Biochem Genet 21:1101-14. 1983..These and other known linkage relationships in Peromyscus correspond closely to those of the house mouse, Mus musculus. The available evidence in Peromyscus further supports the concept of linkage conservation by natural selection...
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..loci, three genes, HK1, PEPC, and SORD, were newly assigned to chromosomes 1, 5, and 6, respectively, while ENO1, PGD, and PGM1 were assigned to the long arm of chromosome 2, in the segment 2q113----qter...
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another...
- 6-Phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD) genetics in the mouse: linkage with metabolically related enzyme lociV M Chapman
Biochem Genet 13:849-56. 1975An electrophoretic polymorphism of 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD) has been observed in the subspecies Mus musculus musculus from northern Denmark. M. m...
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- Homologous genes for enolase, phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, phosphoglucomutase, and adenylate kinase are syntenic on mouse chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1pP A Lalley
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:2382-6. 1978..2.1.11, McKusick no. 17245), 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase [PGD; EC 184.108.40.206, McKusick no. 17220], phosphoglucomutase-2 (PGM-2; EC 220.127.116.11, McKusick no...
- Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybridsC A Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 3:121-33. 1977
- Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2U Francke
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:57-84. 1977..confirm the assignments of 11 genes previously mapped by sexual genetics: Dip-1 and Id-1 to chromosome 1; Pgm-2 and Pgd to 4; Pgm-1 to 5; Gpi-1 to 7; Gr-1 to 8; Mpi-1 and Mod-1 to 9; Np-1 and Es-10 to 14...