Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pepd
Description: peptidase D
Alias: Pep-4, Pep4, dal, xaa-Pro dipeptidase, X-pro dipeptidase, imidodipeptidase, peptidase 4, prolidase, proline dipeptidase
- Genetic and phenotypic studies of the dark-like mutant mouseChristina D Cota
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Genesis 46:562-73. 2008The dark-like (dal) mutant mouse has a pleiotropic phenotype that includes dark dorsal hairs and reproductive degeneration...
- Lack of prolidase causes a bone phenotype both in human and in mouseRoberta Besio
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Bone 72:53-64. 2015..In humans, prolidase is the only enzyme able to hydrolyze dipeptides containing these amino acids at their C-terminal end, thus being ..
- Prolidase directly binds and activates epidermal growth factor receptor and stimulates downstream signalingLu Yang
Department of Chemoprevention, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Biol Chem 288:2365-75. 2013b>Prolidase, also known as Xaa-Pro dipeptidase or peptidase D (PEPD), is a ubiquitously expressed cytosolic enzyme that hydrolyzes dipeptides with proline or hydroxyproline at the carboxyl terminus...
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- Comparative gene mapping in man and mouse: assignment of the genes for lactate dehydrogenase-A, peptidase-D, and isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 to mouse chromosome 7P A Lalley
Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:577-80. 1978
- Chromosomal and regional localization of the genes for UMPH2, APRT, PEPD, PEPS, PSP, and PGP in mink: comparison with man and mouseS D Pack
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Siberian Department, Novosibirsk
Cytogenet Cell Genet 50:127-31. 1989..APRT), phosphoserine phosphatase (PSP), phosphoglycolate phosphatase (PGP), peptidases D (PEPD) and S (PEPS), as well as mink chromosomes, was investigated in a set of mink x mouse hybrid clones...
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Electrophoretic heterogeneity of mouse erythrocyte peptidasesW H Lewis
Biochem Genet 3:493-8. 1969
- Human times mouse hybrid cells segregating mouse chromosomes and isozymesJ D Minna
Nature 252:401-4. 1974
- Genes for serum amyloid A proteins map to Chromosome 7 in the mouseB A Taylor
Mol Gen Genet 195:491-9. 1984..A survey of inbred strains revealed a single common Saa haplotype and eight rare haplotypes. The complex distribution of 14 different variants suggests that recombination may have played a role in haplotype evolution...
- Genetic variation for prolidase (PEP-4) in the mouse maps near the gene for glucosephosphate isomerase (GPI-1) on chromosome 7L C Skow
Biochem Genet 19:695-700. 1981An inherited electrophoretic variant of prolidase (EC 18.104.22.168), also called peptidase 4 (PEP-4), has been discovered among inbred strains of mice...
- Cloning of mouse prolidase cDNA: predominant expression of prolidase mRNA in kidneyT Ishii
Department of Inherited Metabolic Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1308:15-6. 1996We cloned mouse prolidase cDNA from a mouse liver cDNA library. Homology to human prolidase is 83.2% at the nucleotide level and 87.2% at the amino acid level...
- Nitric oxide regulates prolidase activity by serine/threonine phosphorylationArkadiusz Surazynski
Metabolism and Cancer Susceptibility Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Cell Biochem 96:1086-94. 2005b>Prolidase [E.C. 22.214.171.124], a member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family, is a manganese-dependent cytosolic exopeptidase that cleaves imidodipeptides containing C-terminal proline or hydroxyproline...
- Developmental cardiac hypertrophy in a mouse model of prolidase deficiencySeungWoo Jung
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91:204-17. 2011..Most inherited forms result from mutations in genes encoding sarcomeric proteins...