Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdpk1
Description: 3-phosphoinositide dependent protein kinase 1
Alias: Pdk1, 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1, Pkb kinase
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Primary structure, tissue distribution, and expression of mouse phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1, a protein kinase that phosphorylates and activates protein kinase CzetaL Q Dong
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Biol Chem 274:8117-22. 1999Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) is a recently identified serine/threonine kinase that phosphorylates and activates Akt and p70(S6K), two downstream kinases of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase...
- Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 targets protein kinase A in a pathway that regulates interleukin 4Ajay Nirula
Department of Medicine, The Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 203:1733-44. 2006..We recently reported that phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) partially corrects the defect in IL-4 production present in CD28-deficient T cells, suggesting that PDK1 regulates ..
- The kinase PDK1 integrates T cell antigen receptor and CD28 coreceptor signaling to induce NF-kappaB and activate T cellsSung Gyoo Park
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Immunol 10:158-66. 2009..We show here that phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) is essential for integrating the TCR and CD28 signals...
- Maternal phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signalling is crucial for embryonic genome activation and preimplantation embryogenesisWenjing Zheng
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
EMBO Rep 11:890-5. 2010..Our study identifies maternal phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signalling as a new maternal effect factor that regulates EGA and preimplantation embryogenesis in mice...
- Heart 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase activation by insulin requires PKB (protein kinase B), but not SGK3 (serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase 3)Véronique Mouton
Université catholique de Louvain and de Duve Institute, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, Brussels, Belgium
Biochem J 431:267-75. 2010..re-evaluated using different models: (i) hearts from transgenic mice with a muscle/heart-specific mutation in the PDK1 (phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1)-substrate-docking site injected with insulin; (ii) hearts from PKBβ-..
- Hyperosmotic-induced protein kinase N 1 activation in a vesicular compartment is dependent upon Rac1 and 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1Neil E Torbett
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:32344-51. 2003..protein kinase C, has been shown to be under the control of Rho GTPases and 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- The survival pathways phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3-K)/phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)/Akt modulate liver regeneration through hepatocyte size rather than proliferationSanae Haga
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatology 49:204-14. 2009..The current study was designed to investigate the roles of phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)-associated pathways in liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy (PH) using liver-specific Pdk1-knockout (L-..
- Regulation of kinase activity of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 by binding to 14-3-3Saori Sato
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:39360-7. 20023-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) plays a central role in activating the protein kinase A, G, and C subfamily...
- Nuclear translocation of 3'-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK-1): a potential regulatory mechanism for PDK-1 functionMei A Lim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14006-11. 2003....
- 3'Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 is essential for ischemic preconditioning of the myocardiumGrant R Budas
Maternal and Child Health Sciences, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
FASEB J 20:2556-8. 2006..3'-Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) has been implicated in numerous cellular processes...
- Essential role of PDK1 in regulating cell size and development in miceMargaret A Lawlor
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 21:3728-38. 2002b>PDK1 functions as a master kinase, phosphorylating and activating PKB/Akt, S6K and RSK...
- Deficiency of PDK1 in cardiac muscle results in heart failure and increased sensitivity to hypoxiaAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 22:4666-76. 2003We employed Cre/loxP technology to generate mPDK1(-/-) mice, which lack PDK1 in cardiac muscle...
- Transformation of mammary epithelial cells by 3-phosphoinositide- dependent protein kinase-1 activates beta-catenin and c-Myc, and down-regulates caveolin-1Zhihui Xie
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Cancer Res 63:5370-5. 20033-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) plays a pivotal role in coupling growth factor receptor signaling to tumor cell proliferation, survival, and invasion...
- The serine kinase phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) regulates T cell developmentHeather J Hinton
Lymphocyte Activation Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Nat Immunol 5:539-45. 2004..these problems, we explored the consequences of genetic manipulation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1), a rate-limiting 'upstream' activator of AGC kinases...
- The in vivo role of PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 binding to PDK1 PH domain defined by knockin mutationEdward J McManus
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
EMBO J 23:2071-82. 2004We generated homozygous knockin ES cells expressing a form of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) with a mutation in its pleckstrin homology (PH) domain that abolishes phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-tris-phosphate (PtdIns(3,4,..
- In vivo role of the phosphate groove of PDK1 defined by knockin mutationBarry J Collins
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:5023-34. 2005..activated following phosphorylation at their T-loop residue by the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1)...
- Hypomorphic mutation of PDK1 suppresses tumorigenesis in PTEN(+/-) miceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 15:1839-46. 2005..We explored the importance of PDK1, the protein kinase that activates PKB and S6K, in mediating tumorigenesis caused by the deletion of PTEN...
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) promotes invasion and activation of matrix metalloproteinasesZhihui Xie
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, and Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Cancer 6:77. 2006..b>PDK1 is a key molecule that couples PI3K to cell proliferation and survival signals in response to growth factor ..
- Ablation of PDK1 in pancreatic beta cells induces diabetes as a result of loss of beta cell massNaoko Hashimoto
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Nat Genet 38:589-93. 2006..3-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) is a serine-threonine kinase that mediates signaling downstream of PI 3-kinase...
- Fine tuning PDK1 activity by phosphorylation at Ser163Ramon A Riojas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21588-93. 20063-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) mediates phosphorylation and activation of members of the AGC protein kinase family and plays an essential role in insulin signaling and action...
- Evaluation of approaches to generation of tissue-specific knock-in miceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit and School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:28772-81. 2006..to create tissue-specific knock-in mice by generating knock-in mice in which a substrate-docking site of the PDK1 protein kinase was ablated in Cre-expressing tissues in a way that prevented activation of one of its substrates, ..
- Restoration of glucokinase expression in the liver normalizes postprandial glucose disposal in mice with hepatic deficiency of PDK1Yasuo Okamoto
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan 657 0011
Diabetes 56:1000-9. 2007Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) is implicated in the metabolic effects of insulin as a key mediator of phosphoinositide 3-kinase-dependent signaling...
- Mutation of the PDK1 PH domain inhibits protein kinase B/Akt, leading to small size and insulin resistanceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Mol Cell Biol 28:3258-72. 2008b>PDK1 activates a group of kinases, including protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt, p70 ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K), and serum and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase (SGK), that mediate many of the effects of insulin as well as other agonists...
- PDK1 deficiency in POMC-expressing cells reveals FOXO1-dependent and -independent pathways in control of energy homeostasis and stress responseBengt F Belgardt
Institute for Genetics, Department of Mouse Genetics and Metabolism, Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, University of Cologne, D 50674 Cologne, Germany
Cell Metab 7:291-301. 2008..regulation, we have generated mice with selective inactivation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) in POMC-expressing cells (PDK1(DeltaPOMC) mice)...
- PDK1 signaling in oocytes controls reproductive aging and lifespan by manipulating the survival of primordial folliclesPradeep Reddy
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umeå University SE 901 87, Umea, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 18:2813-24. 2009..Here, we provide genetic evidence that 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) signaling in oocytes preserves reproductive lifespan by maintaining the survival of ovarian primordial follicles...
- PDK1 coordinates survival pathways and beta-adrenergic response in the heartKaoru Ito
Department of Cardiovascular Science and, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8689-94. 2009The 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) plays an important role in the regulation of cellular responses in multiple organs by mediating the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K) signaling pathway through activating AGC kinases...
- Phosphoinositide (3,4,5)-triphosphate binding to phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 regulates a protein kinase B/Akt signaling threshold that dictates T-cell migration, not proliferationCaryll Waugh
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:5952-62. 2009..to the pleckstrin homology (PH) domain of the serine/threonine kinase 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 controls migration and malignant transformation but not cell growth and proliferation in PTEN-null lymphocytesDavid K Finlay
Division of Immunology and Cell Biology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD15EH, Scotland, UK
J Exp Med 206:2441-54. 2009In normal T cell progenitors, phosphoinositide-dependent kinase l (PDK1)-mediated phosphorylation and activation of protein kinase B (PKB) is essential for the phosphorylation and inactivation of Foxo family transcription factors, and ..
- PDK-1/FoxO1 pathway in POMC neurons regulates Pomc expression and food intakeKristy Iskandar
International Center for Medical Research and Treatment, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E787-98. 2010..PDK-1 and FoxO1 signaling in POMC neurons was responsible for energy homeostasis, we generated POMC neuron-specific Pdk1 knockout mice (POMCPdk1(-/-)) and mice selectively expressing a constitutively nuclear (CN)FoxO1 or transactivation-..
- PDK1 plays a critical role in regulating cardiac function in mice and humanRuo Min DI
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:2358-63. 2010b>PDK1 is an essential protein kinase that plays a critical role in mammalian development. Mouse lacking PDK1 leads to multiple abnormalities and embryonic lethality at E9.5...
- Protein kinase B controls transcriptional programs that direct cytotoxic T cell fate but is dispensable for T cell metabolismAndrew N Macintyre
College of Life Sciences, Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Immunity 34:224-36. 2011..Akt is thus dispensable for metabolism, but the strength and duration of Akt activity dictates the CTL transcriptional program and determines CTL fate...
- PDK1 attenuation fails to prevent tumor formation in PTEN-deficient transgenic mouse modelsKatharine Ellwood-Yen
Merck Research Laboratories, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:3052-65. 2011b>PDK1 activates AKT suggesting that PDK1 inhibition might suppress tumor development. However, while PDK1 has been investigated intensively as an oncology target, selective inhibitors suitable for in vivo studies have remained elusive...
- IKBKE protein activates Akt independent of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/PDK1/mTORC2 and the pleckstrin homology domain to sustain malignant transformationJian Ping Guo
Department of Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 286:37389-98. 2011..IKBKE activation of Akt was not affected by inhibition of PI3K, knockdown of PDK1 or mTORC2 complex...
- Administration of BMP2/7 in utero partially reverses Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome-like skeletal defects induced by Pdk1 or Cbp mutations in miceJae Hyuck Shim
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 122:91-106. 2012..Here, we report the identification of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) as a key regulator of CBP activity and demonstrate that its functions map to both osteoprogenitor cells and mature ..
- Selective requirement of PI3K/PDK1 signaling for Kras oncogene-driven pancreatic cell plasticity and cancerStefan Eser
Department of Internal Medicine 2, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Cancer Cell 23:406-20. 2013..We show that cell-autonomous phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), but not Craf, are key effectors of oncogenic Kras in the pancreas, mediating cell plasticity, acinar-to-ductal ..
- Regulation of novel protein kinase C epsilon by phosphorylationVittoria Cenni
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Biochem J 363:537-45. 2002..However, the regulation of this phosphorylation is different for novel and conventional PKCs. Specifically, the phosphorylation of novel PKCs is regulated rather than constitutive...
- Phosphorylation of the catalytic subunit of protein kinase A. Autophosphorylation versus phosphorylation by phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1Michael J Moore
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0654, USA
J Biol Chem 277:47878-84. 2002....
- In vivo role of the PIF-binding docking site of PDK1 defined by knock-in mutationBarry J Collins
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 22:4202-11. 2003..and growth factors and are activated following phosphorylation by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1)...
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 activates the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and promotes adipocyte differentiationYuzhi Yin
Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D C 20007, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:268-78. 2006..3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) serves as a critical regulatory point in insulin signaling through its ability to phosphorylate the activation ..
- Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase l (PDK1) haplo-insufficiency inhibits production of alpha/beta (alpha/beta) but not gamma delta (gamma/delta) T lymphocytesApril P Kelly
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, School of Life Sciences, WTB Complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
FEBS Lett 580:2135-40. 2006In the present study, we have explored the impact of deleting a single allele of PDK1 in T cell progenitors on alpha/beta and gamma/delta T cell development...
- Role of hepatic STAT3 in brain-insulin action on hepatic glucose productionHiroshi Inoue
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Cell Metab 3:267-75. 2006..These results thus indicate that IL-6-STAT3 signaling in the liver contributes to insulin action in the brain, leading to the suppression of hepatic glucose production...
- Antigen receptor regulation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 pathways during thymocyte developmentHeather J Hinton
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, Wellcome Trust Biocentre, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
FEBS Lett 580:5845-50. 2006Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) is essential for T cell development but little is know about the stimuli that regulate PDK1 signaling in vivo...
- Notch-induced T cell development requires phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1April P Kelly
College of Life Science, Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
EMBO J 26:3441-50. 2007Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase l (PDK1) phosphorylates and activates multiple AGC serine kinases, including protein kinase B (PKB), p70Ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K) and p90Ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK)...
- miR-375 targets 3'-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 and regulates glucose-induced biological responses in pancreatic beta-cellsAbdelfattah El Ouaamari
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U907, Nice, France
Diabetes 57:2708-17. 2008..pancreas-specific miR-375 as a potential regulator of its predicted target 3'-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1), and we analyzed its implication in the response of insulin-producing cells to elevation of glucose levels.
- Mouse 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 undergoes dimerization and trans-phosphorylation in the activation loopMichael J Wick
Departments of Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Cellular and Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42913-9. 2003..together, our results show that mPDK1 autophosphorylation occurs at multiple sites through both cis and trans mechanisms and suggest that dimerization and trans-phosphorylation may serve as mechanisms to regulate PDK1 activity in cells.
- Roles of PDK-1 and PKN in regulating cell migration and cortical actin formation of PTEN-knockout cellsMei Ann Lim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Oncogene 23:9348-58. 2004..Our findings suggest that PDK-1/Akt signaling pathway plays a major role in regulating cell migration induced by PTEN deficiency...
- Essential role of PDK1 in regulating endothelial cell migrationLuca Primo
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino, 10060 Candiolo, Italy
J Cell Biol 176:1035-47. 2007The serine/threonine protein kinase phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in cellular signaling by phosphorylating members of the AGC family of kinases, including PKB/Akt...
- Analysis of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 signaling and function in ES cellsTanja Tamguney
UCSF Cancer Research Institute, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:2299-312. 20083-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) phosphorylates and activates several kinases in the cAMP-dependent, cGMP-dependent and protein kinase C (AGC) family...
- Epinephrine-induced hyperpolarization of pancreatic islet cells is sensitive to PI3K-PDK1 signalingYing Zhang
Institute of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstrasse 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:3101-6. 2009..hyperpolarization is modified by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and phosphatidylinositide-dependent kinase PDK1. Perforated patch-clamp was performed in islet cells isolated from PDK1 hypomorphic mice (pdk1(fl/fl)), expressing ..
- PI3 kinase and PDK1 in the regulation of the electrogenic intestinal dipeptide transportRexhep Rexhepaj
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:715-22. 2010The phosphoinositol 3 kinase (PI3K) and the phosphoinositide dependent kinase (PDK1) stimulate the serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinase (SGK) and protein kinase B (PKB/Akt) isoforms, kinases stimulating a variety of transporters...
- Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 provides negative feedback inhibition to Toll-like receptor-mediated NF-kappaB activation in macrophagesBhagirath Chaurasia
Institute for Genetics, Department of Mouse Genetics and Metabolism, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:4354-66. 2010..These experiments reveal a novel PDK-1-dependent negative feedback inhibition of TLR-induced NF-kappaB activation in macrophages in vivo...
- Regulation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 activity by homodimerization in live cellsThomas A Masters
Cell Biophysics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London WC2A 3LY, UK
Sci Signal 3:ra78. 20103-Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in regulating the activity of protein kinases that are essential for signaling; however, how PDK1 itself is regulated is largely unknown...
- Three-amino-acid-loop-extension homeodomain factor Meis3 regulates cell survival via PDK1Jiangying Liu
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism and the Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20494-9. 2010..We further identify the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), a well-known kinase involved in the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway, as a direct Meis3 target, which mediates its role ..
- Targeting of the tumor suppressor GRHL3 by a miR-21-dependent proto-oncogenic network results in PTEN loss and tumorigenesisCharbel Darido
Department of Medicine, Monash University Central Clinical School, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
Cancer Cell 20:635-48. 2011..Our data define the GRHL3-PTEN axis as a critical tumor suppressor pathway in SCC...
- PDK1 regulates the generation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells at an early stage of mouse telencephalic developmentKenji Watatani
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Genes Cells 17:326-35. 2012..Here, we show that the serine-threonine kinase 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) contributes to an early wave of OPC production in the developing mouse telencephalon...
- Interaction of PDK1 with phosphoinositides is essential for neuronal differentiation but dispensable for neuronal survivalTinatin Zurashvili
Institut de Neurociències and Departament de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 33:1027-40. 20133-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) operates in cells in response to phosphoinositide 3-kinase activation and phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)] production by activating a number of AGC kinases, ..
- PDK1 decreases TACE-mediated α-secretase activity and promotes disease progression in prion and Alzheimer's diseasesMathea Pietri
1 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, UMR S 747, Paris, France 2 Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 747, Paris, France
Nat Med 19:1124-31. 2013..3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) activity is increased in neurons infected with prions or affected by Aβ deposition and in the brains of ..
- Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 regulates leukemia stem cell maintenance in MLL-AF9-induced murine acute myeloid leukemiaTianyuan Hu
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Center for Stem Cell Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 459:692-8. 2015..Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) is a critical regulator of the PI3K/Akt pathway and has been shown to be frequently activated in leukemia...
- Phosphoinositide dependent protein kinase 1 is required for exercise-induced cardiac hypertrophy but not the associated mitochondrial adaptationsJunghyun Noh
Program in Molecular Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, College of Medicine, Inje University, Goyang, South Korea
J Mol Cell Cardiol 89:297-305. 2015Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDPK1) is an important mediator of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling...
- The tumor suppressor PTEN and the PDK1 kinase regulate formation of the columnar neural epitheliumJoaquim Grego-Bessa
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, United States
elife 5:e12034. 2016..The Pten phenotype is mimicked by constitutive activation of PI3 kinase and is rescued by the removal of PDK1 (PDPK1), but does not depend on the downstream kinases AKT and mTORC1...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase signalling regulates early development and developmental haemopoiesisHeather K Bone
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
J Cell Sci 120:1752-62. 2007..signalling demonstrate that PI3K-mediated signals, most likely via 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), are required for proliferation of cells within developing embryoid bodies (EBs)...
- PDK1-Foxo1 in agouti-related peptide neurons regulates energy homeostasis by modulating food intake and energy expenditureYongheng Cao
Division of Molecular Medicine and Medical Genetics, International Center for Medical Research and Treatment, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18324. 2011..synergistically on the hypothalamic phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase/3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- Gender-specific interplay of signaling through β-catenin and CAR in the regulation of xenobiotic-induced hepatocyte proliferationAlbert Braeuning
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Tubingen, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Toxicol Sci 123:113-22. 2011..dependent on estrogen signaling and was associated with enhanced expression of FoxM1 and elevated activity of the PDK1/p90RSK pathway...
- The deacetylase SIRT1 promotes membrane localization and activation of Akt and PDK1 during tumorigenesis and cardiac hypertrophyNagalingam R Sundaresan
Department of Surgery, Committee on Cellular and Molecular Physiology, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra46. 2011..PIP(3)), which promotes membrane localization and phosphorylation of Akt by the upstream kinase PDK1 (phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1)...
- Ablation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) in vascular endothelial cells enhances insulin sensitivity by reducing visceral fat and suppressing angiogenesisKazuhito Tawaramoto
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 26:95-109. 2012..In this study, we addressed the precise role of the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)-regulated signaling network in endothelial cells in vivo, using vascular endothelial PDK1 knockout (VEPDK1KO) mice...
- Structure-based design of PDK1 inhibitorsAnders Poulsen
S BIO Pte Ltd, 1 Science Park Road, 05 09 The Capricorn, Singapore Science Park II, Singapore 117528, Singapore
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:305-7. 2012A macrocyclic 2-anilino-4-phenyl-pyrimidine CDK/Flt3/JAK2 inhibitor was found to have moderate PDK1 activity...
- PDK1 protein phosphorylation at Thr354 by murine protein serine-threonine kinase 38 contributes to negative regulation of PDK1 protein activityHyun A Seong
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 287:20811-22. 2012..In this study, MPK38-induced PDK1 phosphorylation was examined to elucidate the biochemical mechanisms underlying phosphorylation-dependent ..
- Loss of Pdk1-Foxo1 signaling in myeloid cells predisposes to adipose tissue inflammation and insulin resistanceYoshinaga Kawano
Frontier Medicine on Metabolic Syndrome, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 61:1935-48. 2012..The 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (Pdk1)/forkhead transcription factor (Foxo1) pathway is important in regulating glucose and energy homeostasis, but ..
- The BAFF receptor transduces survival signals by co-opting the B cell receptor signaling pathwayEdina Schweighoffer
Division of Immune Cell Biology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, UK
Immunity 38:475-88. 2013....
- Regulation of apoptosis by the Ft1 protein, a new modulator of protein kinase B/AktIngrid Remy
Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 24:1493-504. 2004..enhancing the phosphorylation of both of its regulatory sites by promoting its interaction with the upstream kinase PDK1. Further, the modulation of PKB activity by Ft1 has a strong effect on the apoptosis susceptibility of T ..
- Potentiation of antileukemic therapies by the dual PI3K/PDK-1 inhibitor, BAG956: effects on BCR-ABL- and mutant FLT3-expressing cellsEllen Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology Hematologic Neoplasia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 111:3723-34. 2008..Finally, BAG956 and rapamycin/RAD001 were shown to combine in a nonantagonistic fashion against BCR-ABL- and mutant FLT3-expressing cells both in vitro and in vivo...
- PDK1 regulates platelet activation and arterial thrombosisXue Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Tumor Microenvironment and Inflammation, Shanghai, China
Blood 121:3718-26. 2013The effects of phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), a master kinase in the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway, on platelet activation are unknown...
- Substitution of the autophosphorylation site Thr516 with a negatively charged residue confers constitutive activity to mouse 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 in cellsMichael J Wick
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16632-8. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest that mPDK-1 undergoes autophosphorylation at multiple sites and that this phosphorylation may be essential for PDK-1 to interact with and phosphorylate its downstream substrates in vivo...
- Role of PDK1 in insulin-signaling pathway for glucose metabolism in 3T3-L1 adipocytesTetsuya Yamada
Division of Molecular Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, 980 8574, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E1385-94. 2002To investigate the role of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) in the insulin-signaling pathway for glucose metabolism, wild-type (wt), the kinase-dead (kd), or the plecstrin homology (PH) domain deletion (DeltaPH) mutant ..
- Cloning and characterization of a testis and brain-specific isoform of mouse 3'-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1, mPDK-1 betaLily Q Dong
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:136-44. 2002..The specific expression of mPDK-1 beta in mouse testis and brains of aged mice also suggests potential involvement of this kinase in regulating animal spermatogenesis and aging...
- The Rb-family protein p107 inhibits translation by a PDK1-dependent mechanismConstantin Makris
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal and Department of Pharmacology, University of Montreal, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Oncogene 21:7891-6. 2002..kinases Akt1 and p70 S6 kinase (S6K1), two downstream targets of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- Nonobese diabetic CD4 lymphocytosis maps outside the MHC locus on chromosome 17Syuichi Koarada
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Immunogenetics 56:333-7. 2004..However, using NOD MHC congenic mice, we demonstrate that the MHC region is excluded, and that NOD peripheral lymphocytosis is controlled by genetic intervals adjacent to the MHC region on Chr 17...
- Activation of Akt/PDK signaling in macrophages upon binding of receptor-recognized forms of alpha2-macroglobulin to its cellular receptor: effect of silencing the CREB geneU K Misra
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Cell Biochem 93:1020-32. 2004..We conclude that in murine peritoneal macrophages, alpha2M*-induced increase of cAMP is involved in cellular proliferation and this process is mediated by the PI 3-kinase signaling cascade...
- Deficiency of PDK1 in liver results in glucose intolerance, impairment of insulin-regulated gene expression and liver failureAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 385:639-48. 2005The liver plays an important role in insulin-regulated glucose homoeostasis. To study the function of the PDK1 (3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1) signalling pathway in mediating insulin's actions in the liver, we employed CRE ..
- RGS4 and RGS5 are in vivo substrates of the N-end rule pathwayMin Jae Lee
Center for Pharmacogenetics and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15030-5. 2005....
- Differentiation of trophoblast giant cells and their metabolic functions are dependent on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta/deltaKarim Nadra
Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 26:3266-81. 2006..Altogether, this important role of PPARbeta/delta in placenta development and giant cell differentiation should be considered when contemplating the potency of PPARbeta/delta agonist as therapeutic agents of broad application...
- Reduced intestinal and renal amino acid transport in PDK1 hypomorphic miceRexhep Rexhepaj
Department of Physiology I, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 20:2214-22. 2006The phosphoinositide-dependent kinase PDK1 activates the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms SGK1, SGK2, and SGK3 and protein kinase B, which in turn are known to up-regulate a variety of sodium-coupled transporters...
- Parvovirus interference with intracellular signalling: mechanism of PKCeta activation in MVM-infected A9 fibroblastsSylvie Lachmann
Program Infection and Cancer, Abteilung F010 and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U701, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Microbiol 10:755-69. 2008..The activity, subcellular localization and phosphorylation status of the protein kinases PDK1, PKCeta and PKClambda were measured in A9 cells in the presence or absence of MVM infection...
- Role of PDK1 in regulation of gastric acid secretionAnand Rotte
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:725-34. 2008..Signaling of PI-3-kinase includes activation of the phosphoinositide dependent kinase PDK1. We thus hypothesized that PDK1 may influence gastric acid secretion...
- Pancreatic beta cell mass preserved in heterozygous PDK1 knockout miceAkihiko Takeda
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 17, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 54:E183-90. 2008We have demonstrated that 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) contributes to signaling by insulin or insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) that is responsible for the regulation of both the number and size of pancreatic ..
- HMGB1 is phosphorylated by classical protein kinase C and is secreted by a calcium-dependent mechanismYoung Joo Oh
Department of Microbiology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Immunol 182:5800-9. 2009....
- A reduction in Pten tumor suppressor activity promotes ErbB-2-induced mouse prostate adenocarcinoma formation through the activation of signaling cascades downstream of PDK1Olga C Rodriguez
Departments of Oncology and Pathology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Georgetown University Medical Center Washington, DC 20057, USA
Am J Pathol 174:2051-60. 2009..Activation of mTOR was not seen. Our data demonstrates that Pten functions downstream of ErbB-2 to restrict prostate epithelial transformation by blocking full activation of the PDK1 signaling cascade.
- Tsc/mTORC1 signaling in oocytes governs the quiescence and activation of primordial folliclesDeepak Adhikari
1Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 19:397-410. 2010..Deregulation of these signaling pathways in oocytes results in pathological conditions of the ovary, including POF and infertility...
- Reciprocal negative regulation of PDK1 and ASK1 signaling by direct interaction and phosphorylationHyun A Seong
Department of Biochemistry, Biotechnology Research Institute, School of Life Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 285:2397-414. 2010..In this study, we reveal a functional association between PDK1 (3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1), a critical mediator of cell survival, and ASK1 (apoptosis signal-..
- Initiation of neuronal differentiation requires PI3-kinase/TOR signalling in the vertebrate neural tubeKatherine J Fishwick
Neural Development Group, Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Dev Biol 338:215-25. 2010..Here we show that mutant mice lacking PKB activity downstream of PDK1, the master kinase of the PI3-kinase pathway, exhibit deficient neuron production...
- PDK1 regulates vascular remodeling and promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cardiac developmentQiuting Feng
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Mol Cell Biol 30:3711-21. 2010..VEGFR) and the Tie2 receptor, is the phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K)-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)-Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) cascade that plays a critical role in development and tumorigenesis...
- Temporal differences in the dependency on phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 distinguish the development of invariant Valpha14 NKT cells and conventional T cellsDavid K Finlay
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
J Immunol 185:5973-82. 2010..study uses two independent genetic strategies to explore the requirement for phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) in the development of mature T cell populations from CD4/CD8 double-positive thymocytes...
- How moderate changes in Akt T-loop phosphorylation impact on tumorigenesis and insulin resistanceStephan Wullschleger
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Dis Model Mech 4:95-103. 2011..Using insulin-resistant PDK1(K465E/K465E) PH domain knock-in mice, we found that introducing the PTEN(+/-) mutation to slightly stimulate Akt ..
- Foxo1 is required in mouse spermatogonial stem cells for their maintenance and the initiation of spermatogenesisMeredith J Goertz
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9072, USA
J Clin Invest 121:3456-66. 2011..By conditional inactivation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (Pdk1) and phosphatase and tensin homolog (Pten) in the male germ line, we found that PI3K signaling regulates Foxo1 ..
- Expression cloning of protein targets for 3-phosphorylated phosphoinositidesV R Rao
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:37893-900. 1999..This report demonstrates the utility of this technique for isolating and characterizing 3'-PPI-binding proteins and has broad applicability for the isolation of binding domains for other lipid products...
- Requirement for 3-phosphoinositide-kependent dinase-1 (PDK-1) in insulin-induced glucose uptake in immortalized brown adipocytesHiroshi Sakaue
Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:38870-4. 2003..These results indicate that PDK-1 is essential for insulin-induced glucose uptake in adipocytes...
- Role of the PDK1-PKB-GSK3 pathway in regulating glycogen synthase and glucose uptake in the heartAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
FEBS Lett 579:3632-8. 2005In order to investigate the importance of the PDK1-PKB-GSK3 signalling network in regulating glycogen synthase (GS) in the heart, we have employed tissue specific conditional knockout mice lacking PDK1 in muscle (mPDK1-/-), as well as ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 by the insulin receptor is necessary for insulin metabolic signalingFrancesca Fiory
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 25:10803-14. 2005..In L6 cells expressing IR(WT), the C-terminal peptide also impaired insulin-dependent PDK-1 membrane persistence. Thus, PDK-1 directly binds to the insulin receptor, followed by PDK-1 activation and insulin metabolic effects...
- Impaired intestinal and renal glucose transport in PDK-1 hypomorphic miceFerruh Artunc
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Tübingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1533-8. 2006..The experiments disclose a novel element of glucose transport regulation in kidney and small intestine...
- Impaired intestinal NHE3 activity in the PDK1 hypomorphic mouseCiprian Sandu
Department of Physiology I, University of Tubingen, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G868-76. 2006..The present study was performed to explore the role of PDK1 in the regulation of NHE3 activity...
- Fused protein of deltaPKC activation loop and PDK1-interacting fragment (deltaAL-PIF) functions as a pseudosubstrate and an inhibitory molecule for PDK1 when expressed in cellsTakahiro Seki
Department of Molecular and Pharmacological Neuroscience, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1051-70. 2006To elucidate the role of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) in cellular signaling, we constructed and expressed a pseudosubstrate of PDK1, designated as deltaAL-PIF, and characterized its properties in cultured cells...
- Adiponectin signaling and regulationLily Dong; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..