Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdk1
Description: pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase, isoenzyme 1
Alias: B830012B01, D530020C15Rik, [Pyruvate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] kinase isozyme 1, mitochondrial, pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase, isozyme 1, PDH kinase 1, [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 1, mitochondrial
- Hypomorphic mutation of PDK1 suppresses tumorigenesis in PTEN(+/-) miceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 15:1839-46. 2005..We explored the importance of PDK1, the protein kinase that activates PKB and S6K, in mediating tumorigenesis caused by the deletion of PTEN...
- PDK1 signaling in oocytes controls reproductive aging and lifespan by manipulating the survival of primordial folliclesPradeep Reddy
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umeå University SE 901 87, Umea, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 18:2813-24. 2009..Here, we provide genetic evidence that 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) signaling in oocytes preserves reproductive lifespan by maintaining the survival of ovarian primordial follicles...
- Activation of the cardiac mTOR/p70(S6K) pathway by leucine requires PDK1 and correlates with PRAS40 phosphorylationCossette Sanchez Canedo
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E761-9. 2010..via the canonical association of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1), and protein kinase B (PKB/Akt)...
- PDK1 plays a critical role in regulating cardiac function in mice and humanRuo Min DI
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:2358-63. 2010b>PDK1 is an essential protein kinase that plays a critical role in mammalian development. Mouse lacking PDK1 leads to multiple abnormalities and embryonic lethality at E9.5...
- IKBKE protein activates Akt independent of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/PDK1/mTORC2 and the pleckstrin homology domain to sustain malignant transformationJian Ping Guo
Department of Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 286:37389-98. 2011..IKBKE activation of Akt was not affected by inhibition of PI3K, knockdown of PDK1 or mTORC2 complex...
- PDK1 deficiency in POMC-expressing cells reveals FOXO1-dependent and -independent pathways in control of energy homeostasis and stress responseBengt F Belgardt
Institute for Genetics, Department of Mouse Genetics and Metabolism, Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, University of Cologne, D 50674 Cologne, Germany
Cell Metab 7:291-301. 2008..regulation, we have generated mice with selective inactivation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) in POMC-expressing cells (PDK1(DeltaPOMC) mice)...
- Ablation of PDK1 in pancreatic beta cells induces diabetes as a result of loss of beta cell massNaoko Hashimoto
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Nat Genet 38:589-93. 2006..3-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) is a serine-threonine kinase that mediates signaling downstream of PI 3-kinase...
- PDK-1/FoxO1 pathway in POMC neurons regulates Pomc expression and food intakeKristy Iskandar
International Center for Medical Research and Treatment, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E787-98. 2010..PDK-1 and FoxO1 signaling in POMC neurons was responsible for energy homeostasis, we generated POMC neuron-specific Pdk1 knockout mice (POMCPdk1(-/-)) and mice selectively expressing a constitutively nuclear (CN)FoxO1 or transactivation-..
- Phosphoinositide (3,4,5)-triphosphate binding to phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 regulates a protein kinase B/Akt signaling threshold that dictates T-cell migration, not proliferationCaryll Waugh
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:5952-62. 2009..to the pleckstrin homology (PH) domain of the serine/threonine kinase 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- Restoration of glucokinase expression in the liver normalizes postprandial glucose disposal in mice with hepatic deficiency of PDK1Yasuo Okamoto
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan 657 0011
Diabetes 56:1000-9. 2007Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) is implicated in the metabolic effects of insulin as a key mediator of phosphoinositide 3-kinase-dependent signaling...
- Mutation of the PDK1 PH domain inhibits protein kinase B/Akt, leading to small size and insulin resistanceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Mol Cell Biol 28:3258-72. 2008b>PDK1 activates a group of kinases, including protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt, p70 ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K), and serum and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase (SGK), that mediate many of the effects of insulin as well as other agonists...
- The kinase PDK1 integrates T cell antigen receptor and CD28 coreceptor signaling to induce NF-kappaB and activate T cellsSung Gyoo Park
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Immunol 10:158-66. 2009..We show here that phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) is essential for integrating the TCR and CD28 signals...
- Role of hepatic STAT3 in brain-insulin action on hepatic glucose productionHiroshi Inoue
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Cell Metab 3:267-75. 2006..These results thus indicate that IL-6-STAT3 signaling in the liver contributes to insulin action in the brain, leading to the suppression of hepatic glucose production...
- Loss of polycystin-1 causes centrosome amplification and genomic instabilityLorenzo Battini
Division of Renal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, Box 1243 New York, NY 10029, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2819-33. 2008..These findings establish a novel function of PC1 in ADPKD pathogenesis and a genetic mechanism that may underlie the intrafamilial variability of ADPKD progression...
- PI3 kinase directly phosphorylates Akt1/2 at Ser473/474 in the insulin signal transduction pathwayA Tsuchiya
Division of Bioinformation, Department of Physiology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya 663 8501, Japan
J Endocrinol 220:49-59. 2014..by the phosphoinositide 3 kinase (PI3K) inhibitor wortmannin, the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) inhibitor BX912 or the Akt1/2 inhibitor MK2206, and by knocking-down PI3K, PDK1 or Akt1/2...
- Genetic inactivation or pharmacological inhibition of Pdk1 delays development and inhibits metastasis of Braf(V600E)::Pten(-/-) melanomaM Scortegagna
Cancer Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Oncogene 33:4330-9. 2014Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) is a serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates members of the conserved AGC kinase superfamily, including AKT and protein kinase C (PKC), and is implicated in important cellular ..
- PPARβ Regulates Liver Regeneration by Modulating Akt and E2f SignalingHui Xin Liu
Department of Medical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Sacramento, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65644. 2013..delayed liver regeneration in KO mice was accompanied by lack of activation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)/Akt...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 is important for cancer metabolismTaro Hitosugi
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Cell 44:864-77. 2011..Together, tyrosine phosphorylation activates PDHK1 to promote the Warburg effect and tumor growth...
- PDH activation during in vitro muscle contractions in PDH kinase 2 knockout mice: effect of PDH kinase 1 compensationEmily C Dunford
Centre for Muscle Metabolism and Biophysics, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R1487-93. 2011..PDH is deactivated by a set of PDH kinases (PDK1, PDK2, PDK3, PDK4), with PDK2 and PDK4 being the most predominant isoforms in skeletal muscle...
- Impairment of Wnt11 function leads to kidney tubular abnormalities and secondary glomerular cystogenesisIrina I Nagy
Biocenter Oulu, Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, Oulu Center for Cell Matrix Research, University of Oulu, Aapistie 5A, Oulu, 90014, Finland
BMC Dev Biol 16:30. 2016..The presence of Wnt11 in the emerging tubular system suggests that it may have certain roles later in the development of the epithelial ductal system...
- Potentiation of antileukemic therapies by the dual PI3K/PDK-1 inhibitor, BAG956: effects on BCR-ABL- and mutant FLT3-expressing cellsEllen Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology Hematologic Neoplasia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 111:3723-34. 2008..Finally, BAG956 and rapamycin/RAD001 were shown to combine in a nonantagonistic fashion against BCR-ABL- and mutant FLT3-expressing cells both in vitro and in vivo...
- Deletion of PDK1 causes cardiac sodium current reduction in miceZhonglin Han
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0122436. 2015The AGC protein kinase family regulates multiple cellular functions. 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) is involved in the pathogenesis of arrhythmia, and its downstream factor, Forkhead box O1 (Foxo1), negatively ..
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 participates in macrophage polarization via regulating glucose metabolismZheng Tan
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medicine, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030 Wuhan, China
J Immunol 194:6082-9. 2015..In this study, we found that pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 (PDK1), a key regulatory enzyme in glucose metabolism, plays an important role in the differential activation of ..
- Differing roles of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinases during mouse oocyte maturationXiaojing Hou
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
J Cell Sci 128:2319-29. 2015..Here, by undertaking knockdown and overexpression analysis of PDK paralogs (PDK1-PDK4) in mouse oocytes, we established the site-specificity of PDKs towards the phosphorylation of three serine ..
- Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular DevelopmentStephanie Bonney
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine Anschutz Medical Campus Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Neurosci 36:7786-801. 2016..From this, a model emerges in which RA acts upstream of the WNT pathway via non-cell-autonomous and cell-autonomous mechanisms to ensure the formation of an adequate and stable brain vascular plexus...
- Genome-Wide Mapping and Interrogation of the Nmp4 Antianabolic Bone AxisPaul Childress
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology P C, S H B, D H, A G R, M R A, J P B, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 Lilly Research Laboratories K R S, J K M, Z R G, V K, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 Orthopaedic Surgery M B A, Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics Z W, Y S, Y L, J P B, Indiana University School of Medicine Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Z W, Y L, Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Y H, F C Y, Indiana University School of Medicine Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research Y H, F C Y Cellular and Integrative Physiology F M P Center for Translational Musculoskeletal Research S J W, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University and Department of Physical Therapy S J W, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Mol Endocrinol 29:1269-85. 2015..These data suggest that Nmp4 suppresses bone anabolism, in part, by regulating IGF-binding protein expression. Changes in Nmp4 status may lead to improvements in osteoprogenitor response to therapeutic cues. ..
- PDK1-Akt pathway regulates radial neuronal migration and microtubules in the developing mouse neocortexYasuhiro Itoh
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E2955-64. 2016..We now show that the serine/threonine kinase Akt and its activator phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) regulate the speed of locomotion of mouse neocortical neurons through the cortical plate...
- Loss of Dnmt3b accelerates MLL-AF9 leukemia progressionY Zheng
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, China
Leukemia 30:2373-2384. 2016..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Dnmt3b plays a tumor suppressive role in MLL-AF9 AML progression, thereby providing new insights into the roles of DNA methylation in leukemia development...
- HIF-1-mediated expression of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase: a metabolic switch required for cellular adaptation to hypoxiaJung whan Kim
Graduate Program of Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cell Metab 3:177-85. 2006..the tricarboxylic acid cycle (TCA) by directly trans-activating the gene encoding pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 (PDK1). PDK1 inactivates the TCA cycle enzyme, pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which converts pyruvate to acetyl-CoA...
- PDK1 decreases TACE-mediated α-secretase activity and promotes disease progression in prion and Alzheimer's diseasesMathea Pietri
1 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, UMR S 747, Paris, France 2 Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 747, Paris, France
Nat Med 19:1124-31. 2013..3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1) activity is increased in neurons infected with prions or affected by Aβ deposition and in the brains of ..
- The kinase PDK1 is essential for B-cell receptor mediated survival signalingSung Gyoo Park
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e55378. 2013Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) plays an important role in integrating the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) and CD28 signals to achieve efficient NF-κB activation...
- S6K inhibition renders cardiac protection against myocardial infarction through PDK1 phosphorylation of AktRuomin Di
MOE Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Biochem J 441:199-207. 2012..Cardiomyocyte-specific deletion of PDK1 (phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1) and Akt1/3 abolished cardioprotection after MI in the presence of rapamycin ..
- Interaction of PDK1 with phosphoinositides is essential for neuronal differentiation but dispensable for neuronal survivalTinatin Zurashvili
Institut de Neurociències and Departament de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 33:1027-40. 20133-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) operates in cells in response to phosphoinositide 3-kinase activation and phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)] production by activating a number of AGC kinases, ..
- PDK1 regulates platelet activation and arterial thrombosisXue Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Tumor Microenvironment and Inflammation, Shanghai, China
Blood 121:3718-26. 2013The effects of phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), a master kinase in the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway, on platelet activation are unknown...
- Radicicol, a heat shock protein 90 inhibitor, inhibits differentiation and adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesYonghan He
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, 157 Baojian Road, Harbin 150081, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:169-74. 2013..Radicicol decreased the phosphorylation of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- The deacetylase SIRT1 promotes membrane localization and activation of Akt and PDK1 during tumorigenesis and cardiac hypertrophyNagalingam R Sundaresan
Department of Surgery, Committee on Cellular and Molecular Physiology, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra46. 2011..PIP(3)), which promotes membrane localization and phosphorylation of Akt by the upstream kinase PDK1 (phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1)...
- Gender-specific interplay of signaling through β-catenin and CAR in the regulation of xenobiotic-induced hepatocyte proliferationAlbert Braeuning
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Tubingen, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Toxicol Sci 123:113-22. 2011..dependent on estrogen signaling and was associated with enhanced expression of FoxM1 and elevated activity of the PDK1/p90RSK pathway...
- PDK1-Foxo1 in agouti-related peptide neurons regulates energy homeostasis by modulating food intake and energy expenditureYongheng Cao
Division of Molecular Medicine and Medical Genetics, International Center for Medical Research and Treatment, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18324. 2011..synergistically on the hypothalamic phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase/3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)...
- PDK1 regulates vascular remodeling and promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cardiac developmentQiuting Feng
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Mol Cell Biol 30:3711-21. 2010..VEGFR) and the Tie2 receptor, is the phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K)-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)-Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) cascade that plays a critical role in development and tumorigenesis...
- Deficiency of PDK1 in liver results in glucose intolerance, impairment of insulin-regulated gene expression and liver failureAlfonso Mora
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 385:639-48. 2005The liver plays an important role in insulin-regulated glucose homoeostasis. To study the function of the PDK1 (3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1) signalling pathway in mediating insulin's actions in the liver, we employed CRE ..
- Epithelium-mesenchyme interactions control the activity of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta/delta during hair follicle developmentNicolas Di-Poï
Center for Integrative Genomics, Biology Building, University of Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 25:1696-712. 2005....
- Translational deregulation in PDK-1-/- embryonic stem cellsYuichi Tominaga
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, 2340 Sutter St N319, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:8465-75. 2005..We show that PKB activity is a critical downstream component of PDK-1 in mediating translation of cystatin C, RANKL, and Rab11a, whereas mTOR activity is less important for effective translation of these targets...
- Fine tuning PDK1 activity by phosphorylation at Ser163Ramon A Riojas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21588-93. 20063-Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) mediates phosphorylation and activation of members of the AGC protein kinase family and plays an essential role in insulin signaling and action...
- Reduced intestinal and renal amino acid transport in PDK1 hypomorphic miceRexhep Rexhepaj
Department of Physiology I, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 20:2214-22. 2006The phosphoinositide-dependent kinase PDK1 activates the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms SGK1, SGK2, and SGK3 and protein kinase B, which in turn are known to up-regulate a variety of sodium-coupled transporters...
- Essential role of PDK1 in regulating endothelial cell migrationLuca Primo
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino, 10060 Candiolo, Italy
J Cell Biol 176:1035-47. 2007The serine/threonine protein kinase phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in cellular signaling by phosphorylating members of the AGC family of kinases, including PKB/Akt...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase signalling regulates early development and developmental haemopoiesisHeather K Bone
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
J Cell Sci 120:1752-62. 2007..signalling demonstrate that PI3K-mediated signals, most likely via 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), are required for proliferation of cells within developing embryoid bodies (EBs)...
- Reduced Ca2+ entry and suicidal death of erythrocytes in PDK1 hypomorphic miceMichael Foller
Department of Physiology, University of Tuebingen, Gmelinstr 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Pflugers Arch 455:939-49. 2008The phosphoinositide-dependent kinase PDK1 is a key element in the phosphoinositol-3-kinase signalling pathway, which is involved in the regulation of ion channels, transporters, cell volume and cell survival...
- PDK1 regulates cell proliferation and cell cycle progression through control of cyclin D1 and p27Kip1 expressionKyoko Nakamura
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:17702-11. 2008b>PDK1 (3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1) is a key mediator of signaling by phosphoinositide 3-kinase...
- Serine 396 of PDK1 is required for maximal PKB activationZoe Moon
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Signal 20:2038-49. 2008..PKB is phosphorylated at T308 by its activator PDK1. PDK1 is normally excluded from the nucleus via a nuclear exclusion sequence (NES), and our previous work suggested ..
- Inactivation of Pkd1 in principal cells causes a more severe cystic kidney disease than in intercalated cellsKalani L Raphael
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Kidney Int 75:626-33. 2009..These mice lived to at least 1.5 years of age without evidence of early mortality. Our findings suggest that PCs are more important than ICs for cyst formation in polycystic kidney disease...
- PKCdelta survival signaling in cells containing an activated p21Ras protein requires PDK1Shuhua Xia
Cancer Research Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Cell Signal 21:502-8. 2009..anti-apoptotic signals, is activated by phosphotidylinositol 3' kinase/phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PI(3)K-PDK1) to deliver the survival signal to Akt in the environment of activated p21(Ras)...
- Protein kinase B controls transcriptional programs that direct cytotoxic T cell fate but is dispensable for T cell metabolismAndrew N Macintyre
College of Life Sciences, Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Immunity 34:224-36. 2011..Akt is thus dispensable for metabolism, but the strength and duration of Akt activity dictates the CTL transcriptional program and determines CTL fate...
- A reduction in Pten tumor suppressor activity promotes ErbB-2-induced mouse prostate adenocarcinoma formation through the activation of signaling cascades downstream of PDK1Olga C Rodriguez
Departments of Oncology and Pathology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Georgetown University Medical Center Washington, DC 20057, USA
Am J Pathol 174:2051-60. 2009..Activation of mTOR was not seen. Our data demonstrates that Pten functions downstream of ErbB-2 to restrict prostate epithelial transformation by blocking full activation of the PDK1 signaling cascade.
- Selective induction of neocortical GABAergic neurons by the PDK1-Akt pathway through activation of Mash1Koji Oishi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13064-9. 2009..We now show that the PDK1-Akt pathway regulates differentiation of telencephalic neural precursor cells (NPCs)...
- Cell type specificity of PI3K signaling in Pdk1- and Pten-deficient brainsNader Chalhoub
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Genes Dev 23:1619-24. 2009..causes unregulated activation of downstream components of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling, including PDK1, and disrupts normal nervous system development and homeostasis...
- Epinephrine-induced hyperpolarization of pancreatic islet cells is sensitive to PI3K-PDK1 signalingYing Zhang
Institute of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstrasse 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:3101-6. 2009..hyperpolarization is modified by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and phosphatidylinositide-dependent kinase PDK1. Perforated patch-clamp was performed in islet cells isolated from PDK1 hypomorphic mice (pdk1(fl/fl)), expressing ..
- Hypoxia-induced alteration of mitochondrial genes in cardiomyocytes: role of Bnip3 and Pdk1Bixi Jian
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Shock 34:169-75. 2010..upregulated genes after 24 h of hypoxia included hypoxia-inducible factor 1, alpha subunit, inducible genes Bnip3, Pdk1, and Aldoc...
- Regulation of apoptosis by the Ft1 protein, a new modulator of protein kinase B/AktIngrid Remy
Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 24:1493-504. 2004..enhancing the phosphorylation of both of its regulatory sites by promoting its interaction with the upstream kinase PDK1. Further, the modulation of PKB activity by Ft1 has a strong effect on the apoptosis susceptibility of T ..
- How moderate changes in Akt T-loop phosphorylation impact on tumorigenesis and insulin resistanceStephan Wullschleger
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Dis Model Mech 4:95-103. 2011..Using insulin-resistant PDK1(K465E/K465E) PH domain knock-in mice, we found that introducing the PTEN(+/-) mutation to slightly stimulate Akt ..
- Three-amino-acid-loop-extension homeodomain factor Meis3 regulates cell survival via PDK1Jiangying Liu
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism and the Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20494-9. 2010..We further identify the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1), a well-known kinase involved in the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway, as a direct Meis3 target, which mediates its role ..
- T regulatory cells maintain intestinal homeostasis by suppressing γδ T cellsSung Gyoo Park
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Immunity 33:791-803. 2010..Deletion of phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (Pdk1) in T cells via Cd4-Cre induced chronic inflammation of the intestine despite the importance of PDK1 in T cell ..
- Cardiomyocyte-specific prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain 2 knock out protects from acute myocardial ischemic injuryMarion Hölscher
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:11185-94. 2011..This correlated with a decreased number of apoptotic cells in the infarcted myocardium in the cPhd2(-/-) mice and significantly improved cardiac function 3 weeks after myocardial infarction...