Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P2rx2
Description: purinergic receptor P2X, ligand-gated ion channel, 2
Alias: P2X2a, P2x2, P2X purinoceptor 2
- GABAergic interneurons form transient layer-specific circuits in early postnatal neocortexPaul G Anastasiades
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
Nat Commun 7:10584. 2016..The innervation patterns of immature cortical interneuron circuits are thus neither static nor progressively strengthened but follow a layer-specific choreography of transient connections that differ from those of the adult brain. ..
- Acid-sensing ion channel 3 or P2X2/3 is involved in the pain-like behavior under a high bone turnover state in ovariectomized miceKumiko Kanaya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Orthop Res 34:566-73. 2016..pump, (ii) an antagonist of acid-sensing ion channel (ASIC) 3, as another acid-sensing nociceptor, and (iii) the P2X2/3 receptor, as an ATP-ligand nociceptor, on pain-like behavior in OVX mice...
- Postsynaptic P2X3-containing receptors in gustatory nerve fibres mediate responses to all taste qualities in miceAurelie Vandenbeuch
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Physiol 593:1113-25. 2015Taste buds release ATP to activate ionotropic purinoceptors composed of P2X2 and P2X3 subunits, present on the taste nerves...
- Distribution of the P2X2 receptor and chemical coding in ileal enteric neurons of obese male mice (ob/ob)Marcia Sanae Mizuno
Márcia Sanae Mizuno, Patricia Castelucci, Department of Anatomy Biomedical Science Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 05508 900, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 20:13911-9. 2014..To investigate the colocalization, density and profile of neuronal areas of enteric neurons in the ileum of male obese mice...
- Maltodextrin and fat preference deficits in "taste-blind" P2X2/P2X3 knockout miceAnthony Sclafani
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College of CUNY, 2900 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Chem Senses 39:507-14. 2014..Genetic deletion of the purinergic P2X2/P2X3 receptor greatly reduces the neural and behavioral response to prototypical primary taste stimuli...
- P2X purinergic receptor knockout mice reveal endogenous ATP modulation of both vasopressin and oxytocin release from the intact neurohypophysisE E Custer
Department of Microbiology and Physiological Systems and Program in Neuroscience, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 24:674-80. 2012..Intact neurohypophyses (NH) from wild-type (WT), P2X3 rKO, P2X2/3 rKO and P2X7 rKO mice were electrically stimulated with four 25-s bursts (3 V at 39 Hz) separated by 21-s ..
- Regulation of neurogenesis and gliogenesis of retinoic acid-induced P19 embryonal carcinoma cells by P2X2 and P2X7 receptors studied by RNA interferenceKatia K Yuahasi
Departamento de Neurologia Clínica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Dev Neurosci 30:91-7. 2012..We have now investigated how down-regulation of P2X2 and P2X7 receptor expression by RNA interference (RNAi) affects neural differentiation and phenotype specification ..
- P2X2 and P2X5 subunits define a new heteromeric receptor with P2X7-like propertiesVincent Compan
Universités de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Neurosci 32:4284-96. 2012..We found that P2X5 subunits associate with P2X1, P2X2, and P2X4 subunits...
- Modulation of P2X3 receptors by spider toxinsNatalia V Kabanova
Institute of Cell Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1818:2868-75. 2012..Altogether, our data point out that the PT1 and PT2 toxins specifically target the fast-desensitizing P2X3 receptor, thus representing a unique tool to manipulate its activity...
- Mutation of the ATP-gated P2X(2) receptor leads to progressive hearing loss and increased susceptibility to noiseDenise Yan
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:2228-33. 2013..progressive sensorineural hearing loss DFNA41 in a six-generation kindred revealed a rare heterozygous allele, P2RX2 c.178G > T (p...
- Rac-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor DOCK1 is a critical regulator of HER2-mediated breast cancer metastasisMélanie Laurin
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7434-9. 2013..Our work demonstrates DOCK1-Rac signaling as an HER2 effector pathway essential for HER2-mediated breast cancer progression to metastasis and offers a therapeutic opportunity to limit the spread of metastatic breast cancers...
- ATP-gated ion channels mediate adaptation to elevated sound levelsGary D Housley
Department of Physiology and Translational Neuroscience Facility, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7494-9. 2013..In mice null for the P2RX2 gene (encoding the P2X2 receptor subunit), sustained 85-dB noise failed to elicit the TTS that wild-type (WT) mice ..
- P2X receptors are expressed on neurons containing luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone in the mouse hypothalamusJiqiang Fu
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Ministry of Education, Neuroscience Research Centre of Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Neurosci Lett 458:32-6. 2009..These results suggest that activation of P2X receptors by ATP via different homomeric or heteromeric P2X receptors at both presynaptic and postsynaptic sites could be involved in the regulation of LHRH secretion at the forebrain level...
- Knocking out P2X receptors reduces transmitter secretion in taste budsYijen A Huang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Neurosci 31:13654-61. 2011In response to gustatory stimulation, taste bud cells release a transmitter, ATP, that activates P2X2 and P2X3 receptors on gustatory afferent fibers...
- ATP-activated P2X2 current in mouse spermatozoaBetsy Navarro
Department of Cardiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Manton Center for Orphan Disease, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14342-7. 2011..The ATP-dependent current is not detected in mice lacking the P2X2 receptor gene (P2rx2(-/-))...
- Central representation of postingestive chemosensory cues in mice that lack the ability to tasteJennifer M Stratford
Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosci 31:9101-10. 2011The gustatory nerves of mice lacking P2X2 and P2X3 purinergic receptor subunits (P2X-dblKO) are unresponsive to taste stimulation (Finger et al., 2005)...
- Regulation of GABA(A) receptor dynamics by interaction with purinergic P2X(2) receptorsAmulya Nidhi Shrivastava
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna 1090, Austria
J Biol Chem 286:14455-68. 2011..We further conclude that blocking the excitatory activity of excessively released ATP under diseased state by P2XR antagonists could simultaneously enhance synaptic inhibition mediated by GABA(A)Rs...
- Altered purinergic signaling in colorectal dorsal root ganglion neurons contributes to colorectal hypersensitivityMasamichi Shinoda
Center for Pain Research, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:3113-23. 2010..These findings suggest that colorectal hypersensitivity produced by intracolonic zymosan increases excitability and enhances purinergic signaling in c-DRG neurons...
- Residual chemosensory capabilities in double P2X2/P2X3 purinergic receptor null mice: intraoral or postingestive detection?Robert M Hallock
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado Denver, MS 8108, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Chem Senses 34:799-808. 2009Mice lacking the purinergic receptors, P2X2 and P2X3 (P2X2/P2X3(Dbl-/-)), exhibit essentially no tastant-evoked activity in the chorda tympani and glossopharyngeal nerves and substantial loss of tastant-evoked behavior as measured in long-..
- Double P2X2/P2X3 purinergic receptor knockout mice do not taste NaCl or the artificial sweetener SC45647Meghan C Eddy
Department of Biology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Chem Senses 34:789-97. 2009The P2X ionotropic purinergic receptors, P2X2 and P2X3, are essential for transmission of taste information from taste buds to the gustatory nerves...
- Dynamic aspects of functional regulation of the ATP receptor channel P2X2Yoshihiro Kubo
Division of Biophysics and Neurobiology, Department of Molecular Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Physiol 587:5317-24. 2009..Complete elucidation of these regulatory mechanisms awaits dynamic imaging of functioning P2X(2) channels...
- Virus binding to a plasma membrane receptor triggers interleukin-1 alpha-mediated proinflammatory macrophage response in vivoNelson C Di Paolo
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Immunity 31:110-21. 2009..Thus, these data identify IL-1 alpha-IL-1RI as a key pathway allowing for the activation of proinflammatory responses to the virus, independently of its genomic nucleic acid recognition...
- P2X2 knockout mice and P2X2/P2X3 double knockout mice reveal a role for the P2X2 receptor subunit in mediating multiple sensory effects of ATPDebra A Cockayne
Roche Palo Alto, 3431 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Physiol 567:621-39. 2005..signalling and sensory regulation of visceral function through ionotropic receptors variably composed of P2X2 and P2X3 subunits...
- P2X(2) purine receptor immunoreactivity of intraganglionic laminar endings in the mouse gastrointestinal tractPatricia Castelucci
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, 3010 Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 312:167-74. 2003..It is concluded that P2X(2) purine receptor immunoreactivity is a feature of IGLEs in the mouse, and that P2X receptor agonists may modulate sensitivity of the IGLEs...
- ATP modulation of excitatory synapses onto interneuronsBaljit S Khakh
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 23:7426-37. 2003..We show that ATP-gated presynaptic P2X2 channels facilitate excitatory transmission onto stratum radiatum interneurons but not onto CA1 pyramidal neurons...
- P2X2 subunits contribute to fast synaptic excitation in myenteric neurons of the mouse small intestineJianhua Ren
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and the Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Physiol 552:809-21. 2003..These studies used tissues from P2X2 wild-type (P2X2+/+) and P2X2 gene knockout (P2X2-/-) mice to investigate the role of this subunit in enteric ..
- Pivotal role of nucleotide P2X2 receptor subunit of the ATP-gated ion channel mediating ventilatory responses to hypoxiaWeifang Rong
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute and Department of Physiology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 23:11315-21. 2003..Mice deficient in P2X2 receptor subunit showed a markedly attenuated ventilatory response to hypoxia, whereas the response to hypoxia in ..
- Heterogeneity of P2X receptors in sympathetic neurons: contribution of neuronal P2X1 receptors revealed using knockout miceJennifer A Calvert
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 9HN, UK
Mol Pharmacol 65:139-48. 2004..The dominant phenotype was P2X2-like; neurons showed slow desensitization, sensitivity to antagonists, and a profile of ionic modulation that is ..
- Identification of P2X receptors in cultured mouse and rat parasympathetic otic ganglion neurones including P2X knockout studiesBei Ma
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute, Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
Neuropharmacology 46:1039-48. 2004..In conclusion, we have shown for the first time that at least two distinct P2X receptors are present in mouse and rat otic neurones, probably homomeric P2X(2) and heteromeric P2X(2/3) receptors...
- Purinoceptor expression in regenerating skeletal muscle in the mdx mouse model of muscular dystrophy and in satellite cell culturesMina Ryten
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, London, UK
FASEB J 18:1404-6. 2004..Experiments in vitro and in vivo demonstrated the sequential expression of the P2X5, P2Y1, and P2X2 receptors during the process of muscle regeneration...
- OFF-cholinergic-pathway-selective localization of P2X2 purinoceptors in the mouse retinaMakoto Kaneda
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Comp Neurol 476:103-11. 2004..In the present work, we immunohistochemically examined the distribution of the purinoceptors P2X1, P2X2, P2X4, and P2X7 in relation to the cholinergic system of the retina in wild-type mice and transgenic mice ..
- Molecular basis of the extreme dilution mottled mouse mutation: a combination of coding and noncoding genomic alterationsAlfonso Lavado
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Campus de Cantoblanco, C Darwin 3, Madrid 28049
J Biol Chem 280:4817-24. 2005....
- Impairment of the splenic immune system in P2X(2)/P2X(3) knockout miceRobson Coutinho-Silva
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
Immunobiology 209:661-8. 2005....
- Heteromultimerization modulates P2X receptor functions through participating extracellular and C-terminal subdomainsTaka Aki Koshimizu
Department of Molecular and Cell Pharmacology, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:46891-9. 2002..These results indicate that heteromeric receptors formed by distinct P2XR subunits develop new functions resulting from integrative effects of the participating extracellular and C-terminal subdomains...
- ATP signaling is crucial for communication from taste buds to gustatory nervesThomas E Finger
Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, Aurora CO 80045, USA
Science 310:1495-9. 2005..Genetic elimination of ionotropic purinergic receptors (P2X2 and P2X3) eliminates taste responses in the taste nerves, although the nerves remain responsive to touch, ..
- Postnatal development of P2 receptors in the murine gastrointestinal tractCristina Giaroni
Clinical and Applied Pharmacology Centre, University of Insubria, I 21100 Varese, Italy
Neuropharmacology 50:690-704. 2006..Such changes occur 1 week before weaning and may contribute to the changes that take place in the gut when the food composition changes from maternal milk to solid food...
- Carboxyl-terminal splicing enhances physical interactions between the cytoplasmic tails of purinergic P2X receptorsTaka Aki Koshimizu
Department of Genomic Drug Discovery Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Yoshida Shimoadachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 69:1588-98. 2006..In this study, we focused on mouse pituitary P2X2 receptors. In this tissue, progressive splicing of the P2X2a C terminus generated two functional subunit variants, P2X2b and P2X2e, which exhibited accelerated desensitization ..
- Functional expression of ionotropic purinergic receptors on mouse taste bud cellsRyotaro Hayato
Kyushu Institute of Technology, Hibikino 2 4, Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu 808 0196, Japan
J Physiol 584:473-88. 2007..These results showed for the first time the functional expression of P2X(2) and P2X(7) on TBCs. The roles of P2 receptor subtypes in the taste transduction, and the renewal of TBCs, are discussed...
- Abnormalities in neuromuscular junction structure and skeletal muscle function in mice lacking the P2X2 nucleotide receptorM Ryten
Autonomic Neuroscience Centre, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
Neuroscience 148:700-11. 2007..However, the role of this neurotransmitter in muscle function remains unclear. The P2X2 ion channel receptor subunit is expressed during development of the skeletal NMJ, but not in adult muscle fibers, ..
- ATP-gated P2X cation-channelsMichael F Jarvis
Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Neuropharmacology 56:208-15. 2009..In this article we have tried to present as much information as possible in two tables in the hope this will be useful as a day-to-day resource, and also because an excellent and detailed review has recently been published...
- Regulation of P2X2 receptors by the neuronal calcium sensor VILIP1Severine Chaumont
Department of Physiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Sci Signal 1:ra8. 2008..Using a proteomic approach, we identified the neuronal calcium sensor VILIP1 as interacting with P2X2 receptors...
- Membrane compartments and purinergic signalling: occurrence and function of P2X receptors in lungKathrin Barth
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
FEBS J 276:341-53. 2009..This minireview analyses the role of P2X receptors and of extracellular ATP and adenosine in lung disease, the relationship of P2X receptors to other ion channels in the alveolar epithelium and their distribution in lipid rafts/caveolae...
- Nucleotides downregulate aquaporin 2 via activation of apical P2 receptorsScott S P Wildman
Urinary System Physiology Unit, Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Camden Campus, Royal College Street, London NW1 0TU, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1480-90. 2009..In summary, these data suggest that AQP2-mediated water transport is downregulated not only by basolateral nucleotides, mediated by P2Y(2) receptors, but also by luminal nucleotides, mediated by P2X(2) and/or P2Y(4) receptors...
- Neuropharmacology of Learned Food PreferencesAnthony Sclafani; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will advance our understanding of the basic mechanisms involved in the development of food preferences and may provide insights into the clinical treatment of overeating and obesity. ..