Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Onecut1
Description: one cut domain, family member 1
Alias: D9Ertd423e, HNF-6, Hfh12, Hnf6, Hnf6b, OC-1, Oc1, hepatocyte nuclear factor 6, HNF-3/forkhead homolog 12, hepatic nuclear factor 6, one cut homeobox 1
- Structure of the hepatocyte nuclear factor 6alpha and its interaction with DNAWanyun Sheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 279:33928-36. 2004b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) belongs to the family of One Cut transcription factors (also known as OC-1) and is essential for the development of the mouse pancreas, gall bladder, and the interhepatic bile ducts...
- Intrahepatic bile ducts develop according to a new mode of tubulogenesis regulated by the transcription factor SOX9Aline Antoniou
Universite Catholique de Louvain, de Duve Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 136:2325-33. 2009..In the embryo, hepatoblasts differentiate to cholangiocytes, which give rise to the bile ducts. Here, we investigated duct development in mouse liver and characterized the role of the SRY-related HMG box transcription factor 9 (SOX9)...
- Role of the ductal transcription factors HNF6 and Sox9 in pancreatic acinar-to-ductal metaplasiaPierre Paul Prevot
Universite Catholique de Louvain, de Duve Institute, Avenue Hippocrate 75 B1 7503, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Gut 61:1723-32. 2012..In this study, the role of the ductal transcription factors hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF6, also known as Onecut1) and SRY-related HMG box factor 9 (Sox9) in ADM was investigated.
- Hnf6 and Tcf2 (MODY5) are linked in a gene network operating in a precursor cell domain of the embryonic pancreasMiguel A Maestro
Endocrinology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 12:3307-14. 2003..We furthermore show that Hnf1beta expression is markedly reduced in early pancreatic epithelial cells of Hnf6-deficient mice, in which formation of Ngn3+ cells is defective...
- RNA profiling and chromatin immunoprecipitation-sequencing reveal that PTF1a stabilizes pancreas progenitor identity via the control of MNX1/HLXB9 and a network of other transcription factorsNancy Thompson
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Researcha and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 32:1189-99. 2012..Pdx1, Nkx6.1, and Onecut1 are also direct PTF1a targets whose expression is promoted by PTF1a...
- Renshaw cell interneuron specialization is controlled by a temporally restricted transcription factor programFloor J Stam
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 139:179-90. 2012..We show that the selective activation of the Onecut transcription factors Oc1 and Oc2 during the first wave of V1 interneuron neurogenesis is a key step in the RC differentiation program...
- Onecut transcription factors are required for the second phase of development of the A13 dopaminergic nucleus in the mouseAgnès Espana
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Neural Differentiation, Brussels, B 1200, Belgium
J Comp Neurol 520:1424-41. 2012..Hence, Onecut factors are markers of the A13 nucleus throughout embryonic development. They are dispensable for the first phase of A13 development but are required for the second phase of development and for maintenance of this nucleus...
- Onecut 1 and Onecut 2 are potential regulators of mouse retinal developmentFuguo Wu
Department of Ophthalmology Ross Eye Institute, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14203, USA
J Comp Neurol 520:952-69. 2012Our current study focuses on the expression of two members of the onecut transcription factor family, Onecut1 (Oc1) and Onecut2 (Oc2), in the developing mouse retina...
- Sox9-haploinsufficiency causes glucose intolerance in miceClaire L Dubois
Department of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23131. 2011..suggested that Sox9 controls expression of a network of important developmental regulators, including Tcf2/MODY5, Hnf6, and Foxa2, in pancreatic progenitor cells...
- Dynamic expression of the Onecut transcription factors HNF-6, OC-2 and OC-3 during spinal motor neuron developmentC Francius
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Brussels, Belgium
Neuroscience 165:116-29. 2010The Onecut (OC) transcription factors, namely Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6), OC-2 and OC-3, are transcriptional activators expressed in liver, pancreas and nervous system during development...
- Multiple, temporal-specific roles for HNF6 in pancreatic endocrine and ductal differentiationHongjie Zhang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 0475, USA
Mech Dev 126:958-73. 2009Within the developing pancreas Hepatic Nuclear Factor 6 (HNF6) directly activates the pro-endocrine transcription factor, Ngn3...
- The diabetes gene Pdx1 regulates the transcriptional network of pancreatic endocrine progenitor cells in miceJennifer M Oliver-Krasinski
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1888-98. 2009..occupies an evolutionarily conserved enhancer region of Ngn3 and interacts with the transcription factor one cut homeobox 1 (Hnf6) to activate this enhancer...
- Onecut factors control development of the Locus Coeruleus and of the mesencephalic trigeminal nucleusA Espana
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Neural Differentiation, avenue Hippocrate 55 box B1 55 11, Brussels B 1200, Belgium
Mol Cell Neurosci 50:93-102. 2012..Hence, we propose that OC factors are required at early developmental stages for differentiation of the MTN neurons that are in turn necessary for maintenance of the LC...
- Transcription factor HNF-6/OC-1 inhibits the stimulation of the HNF-3alpha/Foxa1 gene by TGF-beta in mouse liverNicolas Plumb-Rudewiez
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Hepatology 40:1266-74. 2004..We observed that Foxa1 expression was upregulated in the liver of Hnf6(-/-) mouse embryos and in bipotential mouse embryonic liver (BMEL) cell lines derived from embryonic Hnf6(-/-) ..
- Lack of TCF2/vHNF1 in mice leads to pancreas agenesisC Haumaitre
Biologie du Développement, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7622, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 9 quai St Bernard Bat C, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1490-5. 2005..This study provides further insights into early molecular events controlling pancreas development and may contribute to the development of cell-replacement strategies for diabetes...
- Gene expression profiling of a mouse model of pancreatic islet dysmorphogenesisLaura Wilding Crawford
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1611. 2008..Previous studies have shown that transgenic over-expression of the transcription factor Hnf6 specifically in the pancreatic endocrine cell lineage resulted in disruptions in islet morphogenesis, including ..
- Control of liver cell fate decision by a gradient of TGF beta signaling modulated by Onecut transcription factorsFrederic Clotman
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Cell Biology Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Genes Dev 19:1849-54. 2005..Thus, a gradient of activin/TGFbeta signaling modulated by Onecut factors is required to segregate the hepatocytic and the biliary lineages...
- The Onecut transcription factors HNF-6/OC-1 and OC-2 regulate early liver expansion by controlling hepatoblast migrationSabrina Margagliotti
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75 7529, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 311:579-89. 2007..This network operating at the onset of liver development contains candidate genes for investigation of liver carcinogenesis...
- Role of the Onecut transcription factors in pancreas morphogenesis and in pancreatic and enteric endocrine differentiationVinciane Vanhorenbeeck
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 305:685-94. 2007..In conclusion, our data reveal partially redundant roles for HNF-6 and OC-2 in developing pancreas and identify new markers for antero-posterior patterning of the gut and for enteroendocrine differentiation...
- The transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 controls the development of pancreatic ducts in the mouseChristophe E Pierreux
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 130:532-41. 2006..Here, we investigate the transcriptional mechanisms that control pancreatic duct development by addressing the role of the transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF)-6...
- Increased expression of hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 stimulates hepatocyte proliferation during mouse liver regenerationYongjun Tan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7170, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1283-300. 2006The hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF6 or ONECUT-1) protein is a cell-type specific transcription factor that regulates expression of hepatocyte-specific genes...
- Maintenance of hepatic nuclear factor 6 in postnatal islets impairs terminal differentiation and function of beta-cellsElizabeth Tweedie
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Ave, 746 PRB, Nashville, TN 37232 6303, USA
Diabetes 55:3264-70. 2006The Onecut homeodomain transcription factor hepatic nuclear factor 6 (Hnf6) is necessary for proper development of islet beta-cells...
- The onecut transcription factor HNF6 is required for normal development of the biliary tractFrederic Clotman
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Development 129:1819-28. 2002..Previous work has shown that the onecut transcription factor HNF6 is expressed in hepatoblasts and in the gallbladder primordium...
- The cut-homeodomain transcriptional activator HNF-6 is coexpressed with its target gene HNF-3 beta in the developing murine liver and pancreasF Rausa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612 7334, USA
Dev Biol 192:228-46. 1997..We used interspecific backcross analysis to determine that murine Hnf6 gene is located in the middle of mouse chromosome 9...
- HNF-6 is expressed in endoderm derivatives and nervous system of the mouse embryo and participates to the cross-regulatory network of liver-enriched transcription factorsC Landry
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, International Institute of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 192:247-57. 1997....
- The transcriptional activator hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 regulates liver gene expressionU Samadani
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612 7334, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6273-84. 1996..These studies suggest that HNF-6 may regulate hepatocyte-specific genes and may play a role in epithelial cell differentiation of gut endoderm via regulation of HNF-3(beta)...
- Transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 regulates pancreatic endocrine cell differentiation and controls expression of the proendocrine gene ngn3P Jacquemin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 20:4445-54. 2000b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) is the prototype of a new class of cut homeodomain transcription factors...
- Persistent expression of HNF6 in islet endocrine cells causes disrupted islet architecture and loss of beta cell functionM Gannon
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Development 127:2883-95. 2000We used transgenesis to explore the requirement for downregulation of hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF6) expression in the assembly, differentiation, and function of pancreatic islets...
- OC-3, a novel mammalian member of the ONECUT class of transcription factorsVinciane Vanhorenbeeck
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, Brussels, B 1200, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292:848-54. 2002..Our earlier work on HNF-6 and the expression patterns of the three mammalian ONECUT genes suggest that they all participate to the control of organ development from the foregut and midgut endoderm...
- Onecut1 is essential for horizontal cell genesis and retinal integrityFuguo Wu
Department of Ophthalmology Ross Eye Institute and Developmental Genomics Group, New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14203, USA
J Neurosci 33:13053-65, 13065a. 2013..Previously, we showed that Onecut 1 (Oc1), an atypical homeodomain transcription factor, is expressed in developing horizontal cells (HCs) and retinal ..
- Otx2 and Onecut1 promote the fates of cone photoreceptors and horizontal cells and repress rod photoreceptorsMark M Emerson
Departments of Genetics and Ophthalmology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 26:59-72. 2013..Molecular analysis of ThrbCRM1 revealed that it is combinatorially regulated by the Otx2 and Onecut1 transcription factors. Onecut1 is sufficient to induce cells with the earliest markers of cones and HCs...
- The Onecut transcription factor HNF-6 (OC-1) is required for timely specification of the pancreas and acts upstream of Pdx-1 in the specification cascadePatrick Jacquemin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 258:105-16. 2003..Indeed, the pancreas of Hnf6(-/-) mice was hypoplastic...
- The transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6/Onecut-1 controls the expression of its paralog Onecut-3 in developing mouse endodermChristophe E Pierreux
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 279:51298-304. 2004..hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 (HNF-6), which controls pancreas and liver development as shown in our previous work on Hnf6 knock-out embryos...
- Loss of HNF6 expression correlates with human pancreatic cancer progressionKelly R Pekala
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Lab Invest 94:517-27. 2014..Transcriptional regulation of this progression is poorly understood. In mouse, the hepatic nuclear factor 6 (Hnf6) transcription factor is expressed in ductal cells and at lower levels in acinar cells of the adult ..
- Onecut1 and Onecut2 play critical roles in the development of the mouse retinaJillian J Goetz
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e110194. 2014..In this study, we show that two of those factors, Onecut1 and Onecut2, are expressed during mouse retinal development...
- Intrahepatic bile duct regeneration in mice does not require Hnf6 or Notch signaling through RbpjTeagan J Walter
Divisions of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Am J Pathol 184:1479-88. 2014..Notch signaling and Hnf6 have each been shown to be important for the morphogenesis of IHBDs in mice...
- The mammal-specific Pdx1 Area II enhancer has multiple essential functions in early endocrine-cell specification and postnatal β-cell maturationYu Ping Yang
Vanderbilt University Program in Developmental Biology and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development . 2016..Therefore, trans-regulatory integration through the mammal-restricted Area II mediates a surprisingly extensive range of progenitor and β-cell-specific functions of the Pdx1 gene...
- Sex-dependent regulation of hepatic CYP3A by growth hormone: Roles of HNF6, C/EBPα, and RXRαJie Li
Department of Pharmacology, Wuhan University School of Basic Medical Sciences, Wuhan 430071, China
Biochem Pharmacol 93:92-103. 2015..We investigated the roles of HNF6, C/EBPα, and RXRα in the regulation of human female-predominant CYP3A4, mouse female-specific CYP3A41, and rat ..
- Wnt7b is required for epithelial progenitor growth and operates during epithelial-to-mesenchymal signaling in pancreatic developmentSolomon Afelik
Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, NE3 251, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, United States Electronic address
Dev Biol 399:204-17. 2015..of endocrine and acinar cells, leading to cystic epithelial metaplasia expressing ductal markers including Sox9, Hnf6 and Hnf1β...
- Bicaudal C1 promotes pancreatic NEUROG3+ endocrine progenitor differentiation and ductal morphogenesisLaurence A Lemaire
DanStem, University of Copenhagen, 3B Blegdamsvej, Copenhagen N DK 2200, Denmark ISREC, Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne CH 1015, Switzerland
Development 142:858-70. 2015..We show that BICC1 functions downstream of ONECUT1 in the pathway controlling both NEUROG3(+) endocrine cell production and ductal morphogenesis, and suggest a new ..
- Onecut1 and Onecut2 transcription factors operate downstream of Pax6 to regulate horizontal cell developmentLucie Klimova
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14420 Prague 4, Czech Republic Electronic address
Dev Biol 402:48-60. 2015..In this study, we identified two transcription factors of the Onecut family, Onecut1 and Onecut2, as Pax6 downstream-acting factors...
- Cross Talk Between GH-Regulated Transcription Factors HNF6 and CUX2 in Adult Mouse LiverTara L Conforto
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Mol Endocrinol 29:1286-302. 2015..to liver sex differences by repressing many male-biased genes and inducing many female-biased genes, whereas HNF6 is expressed at similar levels in male and female liver...
- A novel function of Onecut1 protein as a negative regulator of MafA gene expressionKaoru Yamamoto
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, 565 0871 Suita, Japan
J Biol Chem 288:21648-58. 2013..An adenovirus-mediated overexpression study clearly demonstrated that Onecut1 suppresses the promoter activity of MafA through the Foxa2-binding cis-element on the MafA enhancer region (named ..
- The Onecut transcription factor HNF-6 contributes to proper reorganization of Purkinje cells during postnatal cerebellum developmentEmilie Audouard
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Neural Differentiation, Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Neurosci 56:159-68. 2013..Adult Hnf6 mutant mice exhibit locomotion defects characterized by hindlimb muscle weakness, abnormal gait and defective ..
- Glucagon-like peptide 1 (1-37) converts intestinal epithelial cells into insulin-producing cellsAtsushi Suzuki
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5034-9. 2003..Our findings suggest that efficient induction of insulin production in intestinal epithelial cells by GLP-1-(1-37) could represent a new therapeutic approach to diabetes mellitus...
- Genetic interactions between hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 and Notch signaling regulate mouse intrahepatic bile duct development in vivoCharles Vanderpool
Department of Pediatrics, D Brent Polk Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 0494, USA
Hepatology 55:233-43. 2012..In this in vivo model, simultaneous loss of both HNF-6 and RBP-J results in down-regulation of both HNF-1β and Sox9 (sex determining region Y-related HMG box transcription factor 9)...
- The transcriptional co-repressor Grg3/Tle3 promotes pancreatic endocrine progenitor delamination and β-cell differentiationDavid E Metzger
Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Diabetes Obesity and Metabolism, Epigenetics Program, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1056 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 139:1447-56. 2012....
- Cohesin regulates tissue-specific expression by stabilizing highly occupied cis-regulatory modulesAndre J Faure
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Genome Res 22:2163-75. 2012..Finally, we observe that the presence of mirrored CTCF binding events at promoters and their nearby cohesin-bound enhancers is associated with elevated expression levels...
- Gata3 is a critical regulator of cochlear wiringJessica M Appler
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 33:3679-91. 2013..As the first auditory-specific regulator of SGN development, Gata3 provides a useful molecular entry point for efforts to engineer SGNs for the restoration of hearing...
- A retrotransposon insertion in the 5' regulatory domain of Ptf1a results in ectopic gene expression and multiple congenital defects in Danforth's short tail mouseFrancesca Lugani
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Genet 9:e1003206. 2013..This striking example of an enhancer mutation resulting in profound developmental defects suggests that disruption of conserved regulatory elements may also contribute to human malformation syndromes...
- HNF-6-independent differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into insulin-producing cellsN Houard
HORM Université Catholique de Lourain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, box 7529, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 46:378-85. 2003....
- Ngn3(+) endocrine progenitor cells control the fate and morphogenesis of pancreatic ductal epitheliumJudith Magenheim
Department of Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, The Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Dev Biol 359:26-36. 2011..These results uncover a novel layer of regulation coordinating pancreas morphogenesis and endocrine/exocrine differentiation, and suggest ways to enhance the yield of beta cells from stem cells...
- Quantitative gene expression profiling reveals a fetal hepatic phenotype of murine ES-derived hepatocytesAndrea Jochheim
Hannover Medical School, Center of Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover, Germany
Int J Dev Biol 48:23-9. 2004..With sophisticated differentiation protocols, hepatic gene expression can be induced in a proportion of ES cells with gene expression patterns similar to early fetal liver...
- Endothelial cell interactions initiate dorsal pancreas development by selectively inducing the transcription factor Ptf1aHideyuki Yoshitomi
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Development 131:807-17. 2004..Additionally, we find that endothelial cells are necessary for the induction of both the insulin and glucagon genes...
- Genetic regulation of mouse stem cells: identification of two keratinocyte stem cell regulatory lociN V Popova
Department of Dermatology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, VC 15, New York, NY 10032, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 280:111-37. 2004....
- Cloning and embryonic expression pattern of the mouse Onecut transcription factor OC-2Patrick Jacquemin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Gene Expr Patterns 3:639-44. 2003..The human genome contains three Onecut paralogues, Hnf6 (also called Oc1), Oc2 and Oc3...
- The onecut transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 controls B lymphopoiesis in fetal liverCaroline Bouzin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 171:1297-303. 2003..Hemopoietic cells from hnf6(-/-) fetal liver could reconstitute the lymphoid system when injected into scid mice...
- The role of pdx1 and HNF6 in proliferation and differentiation of endocrine precursorsLaura Wilding
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 20:114-23. 2004..Here, we provide speculation as to the role of pdx1 and HNF6 in these different stages of pancreatic endocrine cell development...
- Identification of two keratinocyte stem cell regulatory loci implicated in skin carcinogenesisNatalia V Popova
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:417-25. 2003....
- Association between hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) and FoxA2 DNA binding domains stimulates FoxA2 transcriptional activity but inhibits HNF-6 DNA bindingFrancisco M Rausa
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:437-49. 2003..This is the first reported example of a liver-enriched transcription factor (HNF-6) functioning as a coactivator protein to potentiate the transcriptional activity of another liver factor, FoxA2...
- Prox1 is an early specific marker for the developing liver and pancreas in the mammalian foregut endodermZoe Burke
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mech Dev 118:147-55. 2002..This finding indicates that Prox1 is one of the earliest specific markers of this commonly fated region of the mammalian endoderm...
- Liver glucokinase gene expression is controlled by the onecut transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6V J Lannoy
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 45:1136-41. 2002..of the ONECUT family of transcription factors, are present in the hepatic promoter of the glucokinase gene and hnf6 knockout mice are diabetic [corrected]...
- Diminished hepatic expression of the HNF-6 transcription factor during bile duct obstructionAi Xuan L Holterman
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7170, USA
Hepatology 35:1392-9. 2002b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) is a member of the one cut family of transcription factors and potentially regulates expression of numerous target genes important for hepatocyte function...
- Haploinsufficiency of the mouse Forkhead Box f1 gene causes defects in gall bladder developmentVladimir V Kalinichenko
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7170, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12369-74. 2002....
- Homeobox gene Hex is essential for onset of mouse embryonic liver development and differentiation of the monocyte lineageV W Keng
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:1155-61. 2000..Expression of transcription factors involved in hepatocyte differentiation, hepatocyte nuclear factor (Hnf)3beta, Hnf6, Hnf4alpha and Hnf1alpha, were restricted to the capsule and internal matrix-like structure in the mutant liver and ..
- The Drosophila homolog of Onecut homeodomain proteins is a neural-specific transcriptional activator with a potential role in regulating neural differentiationD N Nguyen
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mech Dev 97:57-72. 2000..In support of this notion, overexpression of a putative dominant negative form of D-Onecut during eye development does not affect early cell fate specification, but severely affects photoreceptor differentiation...
- Inactivation of the winged helix transcription factor HNF3alpha affects glucose homeostasis and islet glucagon gene expression in vivoK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
Genes Dev 13:495-504. 1999..We also showed that HNF3alpha could bind to and transactivate the proglucagon gene promoter. These observations invoke a central role for HNF3alpha in the regulatory control of islet genes essential for glucose homeostasis in vivo...
- In situ hybridization with 33P-labeled RNA probes for determination of cellular expression patterns of liver transcription factors in mouse embryosF M Rausa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 60612 7334, USA
Methods 16:29-41. 1998..We discuss these expression patterns with respect to specification of hepatocytes and differentiation of the endocrine and exocrine pancreas...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6: organization and chromosomal assignment of the rat gene and characterization of its promoterM Rastegar
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Louvain University Medical School and Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology ICP, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem J 334:565-9. 1998b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) is the prototype of a family of tissue-specific transcription factors characterized by a bipartite DNA-binding domain consisting of a single cut domain and a novel type of homeodomain...
- Threshold levels of hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6) acting in synergy with HNF-4 and PGC-1alpha are required for time-specific gene expression during liver developmentJean Bernard Beaudry
box 7529, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 26:6037-46. 2006..In this context we investigate here the role of the LETF hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF-6; also called Onecut-1) during hepatocyte differentiation...
- The homeobox gene Hhex is essential for proper hepatoblast differentiation and bile duct morphogenesisMichael P Hunter
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Dev Biol 308:355-67. 2007..led to embryonic lethality and resulted in a small and cystic liver with loss of Hnf4alpha and Hnf6 expression in early hepatoblasts...
- A vHNF1/TCF2-HNF6 cascade regulates the transcription factor network that controls generation of pancreatic precursor cellsAurélie V Poll
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75 7529, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 55:61-9. 2006..Hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 (HNF6) is a key player in this network, because it controls the initiation of the expression of pancreatic and duodenal ..
- Transcriptional networks in the liver: hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 function is largely independent of Foxa2Nir E Rubins
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:7069-77. 2005A complex network of hepatocyte nuclear transcription factors, including HNF6 and Foxa2, regulates the expression of liver-specific genes. The current model, based on in vitro studies, suggests that HNF6 and Foxa2 interact physically...
- Transcriptional activation by growth hormone of HNF-6-regulated hepatic genes, a potential mechanism for improved liver repair during biliary injury in miceMinhua Wang
RUSH Univ Medical Center, Depts of Pediatrics and Surgery, 1725 W Harrison St, Suite 718, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G357-66. 2008..This was associated with enhanced serum albumin levels. In conclusion, the GH/HNF-6 axis is a potential in vivo mechanism underlying GH diverse function in the liver to modulate the liver repair response to BDL...
- Morphogenetic competence of HNF4 alpha-deficient mouse hepatic cellsGraham P Hayhurst
Unité de Génétique de la Différenciation, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Hepatol 49:384-95. 2008..To specify roles of HNF 4 alpha in mouse liver development, we have analyzed the ex vivo morphogenetic potential of HNF4 alpha-null embryonic hepatic cells...
- Transcriptional dynamics of endodermal organ formationRichard I Sherwood
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Dev Dyn 238:29-42. 2009..These results contribute to understanding the mechanism of endodermal organogenesis and should assist efforts to replicate this process using pluripotent stem cells...
- Sall4 regulates cell fate decision in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cellsTsunekazu Oikawa
Division of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 136:1000-11. 2009..The expression and functional roles of Sall4 during liver development have not been elucidated. We here provide their first description in hepatoblasts...
- Plasticity and expanding complexity of the hepatic transcription factor network during liver developmentIrene Kyrmizi
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology, Hellas, 711 10 Herakleion, Crete, Greece
Genes Dev 20:2293-305. 2006..The results illustrate the remarkable flexibility of a self-sustaining transcription factor network, built up by complex dominant and redundant regulatory motifs in developing hepatocytes...
- Forkhead box F1 is essential for migration of mesenchymal cells and directly induces integrin-beta3 expressionDmitriy Malin
The University of Chicago, Division of the Biological Sciences, Department of Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2486-98. 2007..Foxf1 plays an essential role in mesenchyme migration by transcriptionally regulating Itgbeta3...
- Dynamic signaling network for the specification of embryonic pancreas and liver progenitorsEwa Wandzioch
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Science 324:1707-10. 2009..These findings may enhance progenitor cell specification from stem cells for biomedical purposes and can help explain incomplete programming in stem cell differentiation protocols...
- Sox17 regulates organ lineage segregation of ventral foregut progenitor cellsJason R Spence
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Cell 17:62-74. 2009..Restricting SOX17+ biliary progenitor cells to the ventral region of the gut requires the notch effector Hes1. Our results highlight the role of Sox17 and Hes1 in patterning and morphogenetic segregation of ventral foregut lineages...
- Stability of the hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 transcription factor requires acetylation by the CREB-binding protein coactivatorFrancisco M Rausa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43070-6. 2004We previously demonstrated that the formation of complexes between the DNA binding domains of the hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 (HNF6) and Forkhead Box a2 (Foxa2) transcription factors resulted in synergistic transcriptional activation of ..
- Transcription factor Glis3, a novel critical player in the regulation of pancreatic beta-cell development and insulin gene expressionHong Soon Kang
Cell Biology Section, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:6366-79. 2009..In addition, we provide evidence that Glis3 regulates insulin gene expression through two Glis-binding sites in its proximal promoter, indicating that Glis3 also regulates beta-cell function...
- MiR-495 and miR-218 regulate the expression of the Onecut transcription factors HNF-6 and OC-2Alexandru Simion
Universite Catholique de Louvain, de Duve Institute, 75 Avenue Hippocrate 7529, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:293-8. 2010..These results indicate that the expression of regulators of liver and pancreas development is modulated by microRNAs. They also suggest a developmental role for miR-495 and miR-218...
- Expression and function of mouse Sox17 gene in the specification of gallbladder/bile-duct progenitors during early foregut morphogenesisMami Uemura
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:357-63. 2010..Our findings show that Sox17 functions cell-autonomously to specify gallbladder/bile-duct in the mouse embryo...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha is related to survival of the condensed mesenchyme in the developing mouse kidneyTomonori Kanazawa
Laboratory of Anatomy, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Dev Dyn 239:1145-54. 2010..These results suggest the possibility that Hnf4alpha plays an important role in the regulation of the cell survival at the CM stage in nephrogenesis...
- Expression of the alpha7 isoform of hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF) 4 is activated by HNF6/OC-2 and HNF1 and repressed by HNF4alpha1 in the liverNadege Briancon
Unité de Génétique de la Différenciation, URA 2578 du CNRS, Departement de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15 75724, France
J Biol Chem 279:33398-408. 2004..site associated with P2 activity that is still retained in adult liver, contains functional HNF1 and HNF6 binding sites and confers full promoter activity in transient transfections...
- Notch signaling controls liver development by regulating biliary differentiationYiwei Zong
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 136:1727-39. 2009..These results reconcile previous conflicting reports about the role of Notch during liver development and suggest that Notch acts by coordinating biliary differentiation and morphogenesis...
- An endothelial-mesenchymal relay pathway regulates early phases of pancreas developmentPatrick Jacquemin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, 75 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 290:189-99. 2006..in the dorsal pancreatic bud and appears genetically redundant with a role for the transcription factor gene HNF6 in promoting the induction of Pdx-1-positive dorsal endoderm...
- GDF11 modulates NGN3+ islet progenitor cell number and promotes beta-cell differentiation in pancreas developmentErin B Harmon
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5329, USA
Development 131:6163-74. 2004..Thus, our studies reveal mechanisms by which GDF11 regulates the production and maturation of islet progenitor cells in pancreas development...
- The mouse Forkhead Box m1 transcription factor is essential for hepatoblast mitosis and development of intrahepatic bile ducts and vessels during liver morphogenesisKatherine Krupczak-Hollis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Dev Biol 276:74-88. 2004....
- Suppression of C/EBPalpha expression in periportal hepatoblasts may stimulate biliary cell differentiation through increased Hnf6 and Hnf1b expressionHarufumi Yamasaki
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, 836 Oya, Surugaku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Development 133:4233-43. 2006..cell differentiation and gene expression of the regulatory genes for that differentiation, including Hnf1b and Hnf6. In the knockout mouse liver at midgestation stages, pseudoglandular structures were abundantly induced in the ..
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Molecular response of bile duct cell to bile duct injuryAi Xuan Holterman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Bile duct specific target gene mRNA and protein expression will be assessed and the effect on the development of biliary fibrosis will be determined. ..
- Foxm1b and HNF-6 regulation of liver injury responseAi Xuan Holterman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential of salvaging failed liver, improving the quality of life or extending survival of patients with liver insufficiency using these therapeutic strategies is far reaching. ..
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..