Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nrp2
Description: neuropilin 2
Alias: 1110048P06Rik, Np-2, Np2, Npn-2, Npn2, neuropilin-2, vascular endothelial cell growth factor 165 receptor 2
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Abnormal lymphatic vessel development in neuropilin 2 mutant miceLi Yuan
INSERM U36, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Development 129:4797-806. 2002b>Neuropilin 2 is a receptor for class III semaphorins and for certain members of the vascular endothelial growth factor family. Targeted inactivation of the neuropilin 2 gene (Nrp2) has previously shown its role in neural development...
- Trio mediates netrin-1-induced Rac1 activation in axon outgrowth and guidanceAnne Briançon-Marjollet
CRBM CNRS, UMR5237, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Mol Cell Biol 28:2314-23. 2008..Taken together, these findings establish Trio as a GEF that mediates netrin-1 signaling in axon outgrowth and guidance through its ability to activate Rac1...
- Postmitotic Nkx2-1 controls the migration of telencephalic interneurons by direct repression of guidance receptorsSandrina Nóbrega-Pereira
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, CSIC and Universidad Miguel Hernandez, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
Neuron 59:733-45. 2008..Our results demonstrate a role for the cell-fate determinant Nkx2-1 in regulating neuronal migration by direct transcriptional regulation of guidance receptors in postmitotic cells...
- Neuropilin-2, a novel member of the neuropilin family, is a high affinity receptor for the semaphorins Sema E and Sema IV but not Sema IIIH Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Neuron 19:547-59. 1997..They also suggest that the specificity of action of different members of this subfamily may be determined by the complement of neuropilins expressed by responsive cells...
- Semaphorins act as attractive and repulsive guidance signals during the development of cortical projectionsD Bagnard
INSERM Unité 371 Cerveau et Vision, 69500 Bron, France
Development 125:5043-53. 1998..The coordinated expression of different semaphorins, together with their specific activities on cortical axons, suggests that multiple guidance signals contribute to the formation of precise corticofugal pathways...
- Plexin-neuropilin-1 complexes form functional semaphorin-3A receptorsT Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cell 99:59-69. 1999..Sema3A treatment leads to the redistribution of growth cone NP-1 and plexin into clusters. Thus, physiologic Sema3A receptors consist of NP-1/plexin complexes...
- Hippocampus development and generation of dentate gyrus granule cells is regulated by LEF1J Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 127:469-82. 2000..Thus, LEF1 regulates the generation of dentate gyrus granule cells, and together with other LEF1/TCF proteins, the development of the hippocampus...
- Neuropilin-2 is required in vivo for selective axon guidance responses to secreted semaphorinsR J Giger
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 25:29-41. 2000..Our results show that Npn-2 is a selective receptor for class 3 semaphorins in vivo and that Npn-1 and Npn-2 are required for development of an overlapping but distinct set of CNS and PNS projections...
- Neuropilin-2 regulates the development of selective cranial and sensory nerves and hippocampal mossy fiber projectionsH Chen
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94243 0452, USA
Neuron 25:43-56. 2000..Our results show that neuropilin-2 is an essential component of the Sema3F receptor and identify key roles for neuropilin-2 in axon guidance in the PNS and CNS...
- Diverse gene expression and function of semaphorins in developing lung: positive and negative regulatory roles of semaphorins in lung branching morphogenesisM Kagoshima
Department of Pharmacology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Genes Cells 6:559-71. 2001..Sema3A inhibits branching morphogenesis of embryonic lung in organ culture...
- Sorting of striatal and cortical interneurons regulated by semaphorin-neuropilin interactionsO Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Science 293:872-5. 2001....
- Targeting of both mouse neuropilin-1 and neuropilin-2 genes severely impairs developmental yolk sac and embryonic angiogenesisSeiji Takashima
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Department of Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3657-62. 2002Neuropilins (NP1 and NP2) are vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors that mediate developmental and tumor angiogenesis. Transgenic mice, in which both NP1 and NP2 were targeted (NP1(-/-)NP2(-/-)) died in utero at E8.5...
- Stereotyped pruning of long hippocampal axon branches triggered by retraction inducers of the semaphorin familyAnil Bagri
Department of Neurology, Program in Neuroscience, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 113:285-99. 2003..In vitro, hippocampal neurons respond to semaphorins by retracting axon branches. These results implicate semaphorins as retraction inducers controlling stereotyped pruning in the mammalian brain...
- Neuropilin-1 conveys semaphorin and VEGF signaling during neural and cardiovascular developmentChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Cell 5:45-57. 2003..Therefore, Npn-1 is a multifunctional receptor that mediates the activities of structurally distinct ligands during development of the heart, vasculature, and nervous system...
- Semaphorin 3F is critical for development of limbic system circuitry and is required in neurons for selective CNS axon guidance eventsAmar Sahay
Department of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 23:6671-80. 2003..Thus, our results show that Sema3F is the principal ligand for Npn-2-mediated axon guidance events in vivo and is a critical determinant of limbic and peripheral nervous system circuitry...
- Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilinsChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 307:265-8. 2005..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning...
- Plexin-a4 mediates axon-repulsive activities of both secreted and transmembrane semaphorins and plays roles in nerve fiber guidanceFumikazu Suto
Division of Developmental Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
J Neurosci 25:3628-37. 2005..Our results imply that plexin-A4 mediates multiple semaphorin signals and regulates axon guidance in vivo...
- A semaphorin code defines subpopulations of spinal motor neurons during mouse developmentSamia Cohen
INSERM UMR 623, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille, CNRS INSERM Univ Mediterranee, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Eur J Neurosci 21:1767-76. 2005..These findings lead us to propose that semaphorins and their receptors might play important roles in the sorting of motor pools and the patterning of their afferent and efferent projections...
- Identification and characterization of a novel member of murine semaphorin familyMasahiko Taniguchi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Genes Cells 10:785-92. 2005....
- Dual functional activity of semaphorin 3B is required for positioning the anterior commissureJulien Falk
NMDA, UMR CNRS 6156, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Neuron 48:63-75. 2005....
- Stereotyped axon pruning via plexin signaling is associated with synaptic complex elimination in the hippocampusXiao Bo Liu
Center for Neuroscience, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Neurosci 25:9124-34. 2005..Thus, our results suggest that intact plexin-A3 signaling contributes to synaptic complex elimination, which is associated with stereotyped axon pruning...
- Guidance of trunk neural crest migration requires neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signalingLaura S Gammill
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Development 133:99-106. 2006..We demonstrate that neural crest cells express the receptor neuropilin 2 (Npn2), while its repulsive ligand semaphorin 3F (Sema3f) is restricted to the posterior-half somite...
- Distinct roles for secreted semaphorin signaling in spinal motor axon guidanceAndrea B Huber
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 48:949-64. 2005..Thus, Sema3A-Npn-1 and Sema3F-Npn-2 signaling control distinct steps of motor axon growth and guidance during the formation of spinal motor connections...
- VEGF expression and receptor activation in the choroid during development and in the adultMagali Saint-Geniez
Schepens Eye Research Institute, The Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3135-42. 2006....
- Dlx homeobox genes promote cortical interneuron migration from the basal forebrain by direct repression of the semaphorin receptor neuropilin-2Trung N Le
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0V9, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:19071-81. 2007..As well, our results support the hypothesis that down-regulation of Neuropilin-2 expression may facilitate tangential interneuron migration from the basal forebrain...
- Neuropilins and their ligands are important in the migration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronsAnna Cariboni
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:2387-95. 2007..These studies provide support for the direct involvement of neuropilins and their ligands in the establishment of the GnRH neuroendocrine system...
- Neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signaling is essential for cranial neural crest migration and trigeminal ganglion condensationLaura S Gammill
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:47-56. 2007..We show that newly formed neural folds and migrating neural crest cells express the neuropilin 2 (npn2) receptor in a manner that is highly conserved in amniotes...
- Dlx transcription factors promote migration through repression of axon and dendrite growthInma Cobos
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Neuron 54:873-88. 2007....
- Neuropilin 1 and 2 control cranial gangliogenesis and axon guidance through neural crest cellsQuenten Schwarz
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 135:1605-13. 2008..and their class 3 semaphorin (SEMA3) ligands play well-established roles in axon guidance, with loss of NRP1, NRP2, SEMA3A or SEMA3F causing defasciculation and errors in growth cone guidance of peripherally projecting nerves...
- Blocking neuropilin-2 function inhibits tumor cell metastasisMaresa Caunt
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 13:331-42. 2008..The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C coreceptor, neuropilin-2 (Nrp2), modulates but is not necessary for developmental lymphangiogenesis, and its significance for metastasis is ..
- Plexin A3 and plexin A4 convey semaphorin signals during facial nerve developmentQuenten Schwarz
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Dev Biol 324:1-9. 2008..Loss of either SEMA3A/NRP1 or SEMA3F/NRP2 caused defasciculation and ectopic projection of facial branchiomotor axons...
- Implication of neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F in retinocollicular map formationT Claudepierre
Department of Neurotransmission Neuroendocrine Secretion, Inst Cell Integ Neurosci INCI UMR 7168 L2 CNRS ULP, Centre de Neurochimie, Strasbourg, France
Dev Dyn 237:3394-403. 2008..Our results suggest that Neuropilin-2/Semaphorin3F are new candidates involved in retinotopy formation within the SC...
- Neuropilin-mediated neural crest cell guidance is essential to organise sensory neurons into segmented dorsal root gangliaQuenten Schwarz
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 136:1785-9. 2009..signalling first directs one population of NCCs from the intersomitic path into the sclerotome, and SEMA3F/NRP2 signalling acts subsequently to restrict a second population to the anterior half of the sclerotome...
- Neuropilin receptors guide distinct phases of sensory and motor neuronal segmentationJulaine Roffers-Agarwal
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Development 136:1879-88. 2009..How peripheral nervous system segmentation is generated is unknown. We previously showed that neuropilin 2 (Nrp2)/semaphorin 3F (Sema3F) signaling is required for segmental neural crest migration, but not for metameric ..
- Secreted semaphorins control spine distribution and morphogenesis in the postnatal CNSTracy S Tran
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 462:1065-9. 2009..with null mutations in genes encoding Sema3F, and its holoreceptor components neuropilin-2 (Npn-2, also known as Nrp2) and plexin A3 (PlexA3, also known as Plxna3), exhibit increased dentate gyrus (DG) granule cell (GC) and cortical ..
- Neuropilin-2 mediates VEGF-C-induced lymphatic sprouting together with VEGFR3Yunling Xu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 833, 75005 Paris, France
J Cell Biol 188:115-30. 2010..In this study, we show that neuropilin-2 (Nrp2), a transmembrane receptor for the lymphangiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C), plays an ..
- A midline switch of receptor processing regulates commissural axon guidance in vertebratesHomaira Nawabi
University of Lyon, University of Lyon 1, Claude Bernard Lyon1, CGMC, UMR, CNRS 5534, F 69000 Lyon, France
Genes Dev 24:396-410. 2010..This reveals pathway-dependent modulation of guidance receptor processing as a novel mechanism for regulating guidance decisions at intermediate targets...
- Defective gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron migration in mice lacking SEMA3A signalling through NRP1 and NRP2: implications for the aetiology of hypogonadotropic hypogonadismAnna Cariboni
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:336-44. 2011..that SEMA3A signals redundantly through both its classical receptors neuropilin (NRP) 1 and, unconventionally, NRP2, while the usual NRP2 ligand SEMA3F is dispensable for this process...
- Robo1 regulates semaphorin signaling to guide the migration of cortical interneurons through the ventral forebrainLuis R Hernández-Miranda
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:6174-87. 2011..chemorepulsive cues of class 3 semaphorins expressed in the striatal mantle and acting through neuropilin (Nrp1 and Nrp2) receptors expressed in these cells...
- VEGF signaling through neuropilin 1 guides commissural axon crossing at the optic chiasmLynda Erskine
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Neuron 70:951-65. 2011..These findings have identified a permissive midline signal for axons at the chiasm midline and provide in vivo evidence that VEGF-A is an essential axon guidance cue...
- The cytoplasmic domain of neuropilin 1 is dispensable for angiogenesis, but promotes the spatial separation of retinal arteries and veinsAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 138:4185-91. 2011..Nrp1(cyto)(Δ)(/)(Δ) mice may therefore provide a suitable genetic model to study the aetiology of BRVO...
- Segmental territories along the cardinal veins generate lymph sacs via a ballooning mechanism during embryonic lymphangiogenesis in miceMathias Francois
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Dev Biol 364:89-98. 2012..Our data support a new model for lymphatic vascular patterning and morphogenesis, as a basis for identifying the molecular cues governing these processes...
- Mechanotransduction, PROX1, and FOXC2 cooperate to control connexin37 and calcineurin during lymphatic-valve formationAmélie Sabine
Division of Experimental Oncology, Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Cell 22:430-45. 2012..Our results also provide molecular insights into the role of endothelial cell identity in the regulation of vascular mechanotransduction...
- Increased smooth muscle contractility in mice deficient for neuropilin 2Diane R Bielenberg
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 181:548-59. 2012..Using Nrp2(+/LacZ) and Nrp2(+/gfp) transgenic mice, we observed robust and sustained expression of Nrp2 in the SM compartments ..
- NRP1 and NRP2 cooperate to regulate gangliogenesis, axon guidance and target innervation in the sympathetic nervous systemCharlotte H Maden
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, UK
Dev Biol 369:277-85. 2012..NRP1 and NRP2 are receptors for guidance cues of the class 3 semaphorin (SEMA) family and are expressed in partially overlapping ..
- Neuropilin 1 (NRP1) hypomorphism combined with defective VEGF-A binding reveals novel roles for NRP1 in developmental and pathological angiogenesisAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 141:556-62. 2014....
- Ontogeny of semaphorins 3A and 3F and their receptors neuropilins 1 and 2 in the kidneyGuillermo Villegas
Department of Pediatrics Nephrology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mech Dev 119:S149-53. 2002..The sum of the guidance cues provided by VEGF and semaphorins 3A and 3F may be important determinants of the pattern of endothelial cell migration during kidney morphogenesis...
- Secreted semaphorins modulate synaptic transmission in the adult hippocampusAmar Sahay
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 25:3613-20. 2005..These results suggest a novel role for semaphorins as synaptic modulators and illustrate the diverse repertoire of these guidance cues in both the formation and function of neural circuits...
- Expression of secreted semaphorins and their receptors in specific neuromeres, boundaries, and neuronal groups in the developing mouse and chick brainEsperanza Meléndez-Herrera
Instituto de Neurobiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Campus UNAM UAQ Juriquilla, Queretaro 76230, Mexico
Brain Res 1067:126-37. 2006..Comparison of the expression patterns between mouse and chick embryos showed large similarities, but important differences were also detected...
- Fine mapping, gene content, comparative sequencing, and expression analyses support Ctla4 and Nramp1 as candidates for Idd5.1 and Idd5.2 in the nonobese diabetic mouseLinda S Wicker
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
J Immunol 173:164-73. 2004..1 has been defined to a 2.1-Mb region containing only four genes, Ctla4, Icos, Als2cr19, and Nrp2 (neuropilin-2), thereby excluding a major candidate gene, Cd28...
- Selective requirements for NRP1 ligands during neurovascular patterningJoaquim Miguel Vieira
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 134:1833-43. 2007..We conclude that NRP1 contributes to both neuronal and vascular patterning by preferentially relaying SEMA3A signals in peripheral axons and VEGF164 signals in blood vessels...
- Expression of the hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 is not restricted to the lymphatic vasculature; LYVE-1 is also expressed on embryonic blood vesselsEmma J Gordon
Division of Haematology, The Hanson Institute, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Dev Dyn 237:1901-9. 2008..Our data are also the first demonstration, to our knowledge, that the mouse yolk sac is devoid of lymphatic vessels...
- Peripheral nerve regeneration is delayed in neuropilin 2-deficient micePeter Bannerman
Institute for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:3163-9. 2008..Thus, neuropilin-2 facilitates peripheral-nerve axonal regeneration...
- Soluble neuropilin-2, a nerve repellent receptor, is increased in rheumatoid arthritis synovium and aggravates sympathetic fiber repulsion and arthritisAlexander Fassold
University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 60:2892-901. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of neuropilin-2 in the synovial tissue of patients with RA and patients with osteoarthritis (OA) and in experimental arthritis...
- Sequential arrival and graded secretion of Sema3F by olfactory neuron axons specify map topography at the bulbHaruki Takeuchi
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Cell 141:1056-67. 2010..Here we report that an axon guidance receptor, Neuropilin-2 (Nrp2), and its repulsive ligand, Semaphorin-3F (Sema3F), are expressed by OSNs in a complementary manner that is ..
- Neuropilin-2 mediated β-catenin signaling and survival in human gastro-intestinal cancer cell linesShaija Samuel
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23208. 2011..01). Collectively, our results demonstrate that tumor cell-derived NRP-2 mediates critical survival signaling in gastrointestinal cancer cells...
- Distinct roles for neuropilin1 and neuropilin2 during mouse corneal innervationChelsey C McKenna
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e37175. 2012..we show that during development of the mouse cornea, Npn1 is strongly expressed by the trigeminal ganglion whereas Npn2 is expressed at low levels...
- The transcription factors Grainyhead-like 2 and NK2-homeobox 1 form a regulatory loop that coordinates lung epithelial cell morphogenesis and differentiationSaaket Varma
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 287:37282-95. 2012..Thus, Grhl2 functions at the nexus of a novel regulatory network, connecting lung epithelial cell identity, migration, and cell-cell interactions...
- Tissue-specific venous expression of the EPH family receptor EphB1 in the skin vasculatureWenling Li
Laboratory of Stem Cell and Neuro Vascular Biology, Genetics and Developmental Biology Center, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Dyn 242:976-88. 2013..Compared with arterial differentiation, relatively little is known about what controls venous development, due to lack of definitive molecular markers for venous endothelial cells...
- Polysialic acid on SynCAM 1 in NG2 cells and on neuropilin-2 in microglia is confined to intracellular pools that are rapidly depleted upon stimulationSebastian Werneburg
Hannover Medical School, Institute for Cellular Chemistry, Carl Neuberg Strase 1, Hannover, Germany Center for Systems Neuroscience ZSN, Hannover, Germany
Glia 63:1240-55. 2015..Finally, NO-production of LPS-stimulated microglia was attenuated by addition of polySia suggesting that the observed loss of polySia-neuropilin-2 is involved in negative feedback regulation of pro-inflammatory microglia polarization...
- Neuropilins are positive regulators of Hedgehog signal transductionR Tyler Hillman
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 25:2333-46. 2011..Here we show that Neuropilin 1 (Nrp1) and Nrp2, transmembrane proteins with roles in axon guidance and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) signaling, are ..
- Guidance-cue control of horizontal cell morphology, lamination, and synapse formation in the mammalian outer retinaRyota L Matsuoka
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 32:6859-68. 2012..These findings define molecular components required for outer retina lamination and ribbon synapse formation...
- The RacGAP β2-Chimaerin selectively mediates axonal pruning in the hippocampusMartin M Riccomagno
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 149:1594-606. 2012..Therefore, a Npn2/β2Chn/Rac1 signaling axis distinguishes DG axon pruning from the effects of Sema3F on repulsion and dendritic ..
- A novel multistep mechanism for initial lymphangiogenesis in mouse embryos based on ultramicroscopyRené Hägerling
Mammalian Cell Signaling Laboratory, Department of Vascular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Munster, Germany
EMBO J 32:629-44. 2013..Altogether, we present a significantly more detailed view and novel model of early lymphatic development...
- Directed migration of cortical interneurons depends on the cell-autonomous action of Sip1Veronique van den Berghe
Laboratory of Molecular Biology Celgen, Department of Development and Regeneration, University of Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Neuron 77:70-82. 2013..Our results reveal that Sip1, through tuning of Unc5b levels, is essential for cortical interneuron guidance...
- Semaphorins III and IV repel hippocampal axons via two distinct receptorsA Chedotal
INSERM U106, Hopital de la Salpetriere, France
Development 125:4313-23. 1998..Thus, chemorepulsion plays a role in axon guidance in the hippocampus, secreted semaphorins are likely to be responsible for this action, and the same axons can be repelled by two distinct semaphorins via two different receptors...
- Age-dependent effects of secreted Semaphorins 3A, 3F, and 3E on developing hippocampal axons: in vitro effects and phenotype of Semaphorin 3A (-/-) miceE Pozas
Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, E 08028, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 18:26-43. 2001..Thus, the chemorepulsion evoked by Sema3A, Sema3E, and Sema3F is dynamically regulated in the developing hippocampal formation...
- PlexinA2 and semaphorin signaling during cardiac neural crest developmentC B Brown
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Development 128:3071-80. 2001..These data suggest a parallel between the function of semaphorin signaling in the central nervous system and in the patterning of cardiac neural crest in the periphery...
- Neuropilin-2 mediates axonal fasciculation, zonal segregation, but not axonal convergence, of primary accessory olfactory neuronsJean François Cloutier
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 33:877-92. 2002..Thus, Npn-2 and candidate pheromone receptors play distinct and complementary roles in promoting the wiring and patterning of sensory neurons in the accessory olfactory system...
- Skeletal defects in VEGF(120/120) mice reveal multiple roles for VEGF in skeletogenesisElazar Zelzer
Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA, USA
Development 129:1893-904. 2002..We also describe new in vivo evidence for a possible role of VEGF in chondrocyte maturation, and document that VEGF has a direct role in regulating osteoblastic activity based on in vivo evidence and organ culture experiments...
- Cell type-specific expression of neuropilins in an MCA-occlusion model in mice suggests a potential role in post-ischemic brain remodelingHeike Beck
Institute of Neurology Edinger Institute, JWG University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 61:339-50. 2002..Possibly, the loss of semaphorins facilitates binding of the competing ligands (VEGF/PLGF), thus inducing angiogenesis. In addition, the observed expression patterns further suggest a neurotrophic/neuroprotective role of VEGF/PLGF...
- Neurites from trigeminal ganglion explants grown in vitro are repelled or attracted by tooth-related tissues depending on developmental stageC Lillesaar
Division of Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Neuroscience 125:149-61. 2004..We conclude that developing mandibular/dental mesenchyme can inhibit/repel neurite growth in vitro. Our results support the hypothesis that semaphorins may be involved in this interaction...
- Laminar organization of the developing lateral olfactory tract revealed by differential expression of cell recognition moleculesKoichiro Inaki
Laboratory for Neurobiology of Synapse, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Comp Neurol 479:243-56. 2004..These results suggest that newly generated immature axons are added to the most superficial lamina of LOT successively, leading to the formation of piled laminas with different maturational stages of the mitral cell axons...
- The netrin receptor UNC5B mediates guidance events controlling morphogenesis of the vascular systemXiaowei Lu
Department of Biological Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 432:179-86. 2004..Netrin-1 causes endothelial filopodial retraction, but only when UNC5B is present. Thus, UNC5B functions as a repulsive netrin receptor in endothelial cells controlling morphogenesis of the vascular system...
- Coordination of trigeminal axon navigation and patterning with tooth organ formation: epithelial-mesenchymal interactions, and epithelial Wnt4 and Tgfbeta1 regulate semaphorin 3a expression in the dental mesenchymePaivi Kettunen
Division of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Development 132:323-34. 2005..Moreover, our results suggest that the odontogenic epithelium possesses the instructive information to control the formation of tooth nerve supply...
- Indian hedgehog synchronizes skeletal angiogenesis and perichondrial maturation with cartilage developmentCeline Colnot
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0514, USA
Development 132:1057-67. 2005....
- The Grueneberg ganglion of the mouse projects axons to glomeruli in the olfactory bulbStefan H Fuss
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 242, New York, NY 10021, USA
Eur J Neurosci 22:2649-54. 2005....
- OL-Protocadherin is essential for growth of striatal axons and thalamocortical projectionsMasato Uemura
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nat Neurosci 10:1151-9. 2007..The inability of the striatum to extend axons is also observed in vitro. These results show that OL-pc is essential for both elongation of striatal axons and patterning of the putative guidance cues for thalamocortical projections...
- VEGF receptors and neuropilins are expressed in the urothelial and neuronal cells in normal mouse urinary bladder and are upregulated in inflammationMarcia R Saban
Department of Physiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F60-72. 2008..cells, expressing VEGF receptors VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2, as well as VEGF coreceptors neuropilins (NRP) NRP1 and NRP2. PCR results indicate that the messages for VEGF-Rs and NRPs are present in the bladder mucosa and ChIP/QPCR ..
- Decreased number of interneurons and increased seizures in neuropilin 2 deficient mice: implications for autism and epilepsyJohn C Gant
Departments of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
Epilepsia 50:629-45. 2009..The semaphorin 3F (Sema3F) ligand and its receptor, neuropilin 2 (NPN2) are highly expressed within limbic areas...
- FGF8 signaling regulates growth of midbrain dopaminergic axons by inducing semaphorin 3FKenta Yamauchi
Laboratory of Neuroscience, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 29:4044-55. 2009..Furthermore, mDAN axons expressed a sema3F receptor, neuropilin-2 (nrp2), and the removal of nrp-2 by gene targeting caused caudal growth of mDAN axons...
- Semaphorin 3F is a bifunctional guidance cue for dopaminergic axons and controls their fasciculation, channeling, rostral growth, and intracortical targetingSharon M Kolk
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 29:12542-57. 2009..In all, this study provides a framework for additional dissection of the molecular basis of mdDA pathway development and disease...
- Lhx2 specifies regional fate in Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors generating cerebral cortexShen Ju Chou
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:1381-9. 2009..These findings establish a genetic mechanism for determining regional-fate in the Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors that generate cerebral cortex...
- Expression by midbrain dopamine neurons of Sema3A and 3F receptors is associated with chemorepulsion in vitro but a mild in vivo phenotypeEnrique R Torre
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 44:135-53. 2010..5 rat embryos; the receptors Neuropilin 1 and Neuropilin 2, and co-receptors L1CAM, NrCAM, and Plexins A1 and A3 but not A4 are expressed by VM dopaminergic neurons; ..
- Neuropilin-2 is required for the proper targeting of ventral glomeruli in the mouse olfactory bulbHiroo Takahashi
Laboratory for Molecular Biology of Neural System, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Mol Cell Neurosci 44:233-45. 2010..We also found that Neuropilin-2 (Nrp2) is expressed in a DM-low to VL-high gradient within zone 4 of OE...
- Direct transcriptional regulation of neuropilin-2 by COUP-TFII modulates multiple steps in murine lymphatic vessel developmentFu Jung Lin
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1694-707. 2010..Thus, COUP-TFII is a critical factor that controls lymphangiogenesis in embryonic development and tumorigenesis in adults...
- Embryonic vascular endothelial cells are malleable to reprogramming via Prox1 to a lymphatic gene signatureHarold Kim
Sunnybrook Research Institute University of Toronto 2075 Bayview Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 10:72. 2010..While the in vitro data suggest that gene reprogramming occurs upon Prox1 expression, it is not clear if this is a direct result of Prox1 in vascular endothelial cells in vivo...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-D stimulates VEGF-A, stanniocalcin-1, and neuropilin-2 and has potent angiogenic effectsSuvi Jauhiainen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, AI Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1617-24. 2011..We studied the effects of hVEGF-D(ΔNΔC) in endothelial cells using gene array, signaling, cell culture, and in vivo gene transfer techniques...
- Neuropilin-2 promotes branching morphogenesis in the mouse mammary glandHira Lal Goel
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Development 138:2969-76. 2011..Here, we assessed the role of NRP2 in mouse mammary gland development based on our observation that NRP2 is expressed preferentially in the terminal ..
- Stepwise arteriovenous fate acquisition during mammalian vasculogenesisDiana C Chong
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 240:2153-65. 2011..Together, our results provide a first spatiotemporal analysis of mammalian AV cell fate establishment and anatomy, as well as a delineation of a molecular toolkit for analysis of arteries and veins during early vessel development...
- Mechanochemical control of mesenchymal condensation and embryonic tooth organ formationTadanori Mammoto
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 21:758-69. 2011....
- Timing specific requirement of microRNA function is essential for embryonic and postnatal hippocampal developmentQingsong Li
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26000. 2011..Collectively, our studies indicate the importance of the Dicer-mediated miRNA pathway in hippocampal development and functions...
- Controlling tumor angiogenesis and metastasis of C26 murine colon adenocarcinoma by a new matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, KB-R7785, in two tumor modelsL Lozonschi
First Department of Surgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Cancer Res 59:1252-8. 1999....
- A molecular analysis of matrix remodeling and angiogenesis during long bone developmentC I Colnot
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0514, USA
Mech Dev 100:245-50. 2001..Here, we have produced a 'molecular map' of the initial vascularization of the developing skeleton that provides a framework in which to interpret a wide range of fetal skeletal malformations, disruptions, and dysplasias...
- Expression of class 3 semaphorins and neuropilin receptors in the developing mouse toothS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 101:191-4. 2001..In contrast, Npn-2 signal was seen in both epithelial and mesenchymal tissues such as in the primary enamel knot and preodontoblasts...
- Coordinated functions of Netrin-1 and Class 3 secreted Semaphorins in the guidance of reciprocal septohippocampal connectionsMarta Pascual
Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, and IRBB Barcelona Science Park, Barcelona 08028, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:24-33. 2004....
- PlexinD1 and semaphorin signaling are required in endothelial cells for cardiovascular developmentAaron D Gitler
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, 954 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 7:107-16. 2004..Thus, molecular programs that mediate axon guidance in the central nervous system also function in endothelial cells to orchestrate critical aspects of cardiac morphogenesis...
- Deficiency of neuropilin 2 suppresses VEGF-induced retinal neovascularizationJikui Shen
The Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 9277, USA
Mol Med 10:12-8. 2004..VEGF acts through several receptors, including VEGF receptor 1, VEGF receptor 2, neuropilin-1 (Npn1), and Npn2, but the exact role of these receptors in the development of retinal NV is unknown...
- High resolution mapping of chromosomal regions controlling resistance to gastrointestinal nematode infections in an advanced intercross line of miceJerzy M Behnke
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Mamm Genome 17:584-97. 2006..9-18.4 cM). Strong candidate genes for the QTL position on Chromosome 1 include genes known to be involved in regulating immune responses and on Chromosome 17 genes within the MHC, notably the Class II molecules and tumor necrosis factor...
- Expression of the semaphorins Sema 3D and Sema 3F in the developing parathyroid and thymusKaoru Takahashi
Developmental Neurobiology Group, Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida shi, Tokyo, Japan
Dev Dyn 237:1699-708. 2008....