Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nrp1
Description: neuropilin 1
Alias: C530029I03, NP-1, NPN-1, Npn1, Nrp, neuropilin-1, A5 protein, Neuropilin-1 precursor (A5 protein), transmembrane receptor
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Ece1 and Tbx1 define distinct pathways to aortic arch morphogenesisMasae Morishima
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Dyn 228:95-104. 2003..The latter function is likely related to the known role of the Endothelin-1 pathway in neural crest function...
- Neuropilin-1 distinguishes natural and inducible regulatory T cells among regulatory T cell subsets in vivoMahesh Yadav
Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
J Exp Med 209:1713-22, S1-19. 2012..self-antigen specificity and conventional mouse models, we demonstrate that a cell surface molecule, neuropilin-1 (Nrp-1), is expressed at high levels on nT reg cells and can be used to separate nT reg versus iT reg cells in certain ..
- Neuropilin 1 is expressed on thymus-derived natural regulatory T cells, but not mucosa-generated induced Foxp3+ T reg cellsJonathan M Weiss
Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Exp Med 209:1723-42, S1. 2012..We report here that Neuropilin 1 (Nrp1) is expressed at high levels by most nT reg cells; in contrast, mucosa-generated iT reg and other ..
- Neuropilin-semaphorin III/D-mediated chemorepulsive signals play a crucial role in peripheral nerve projection in miceT Kitsukawa
Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Japan
Neuron 19:995-1005. 1997..Our results indicate that neuropilin-semaphorin III/D-mediated chemorepulsive signals play a major role in guidance of PNS efferents...
- Tissue macrophages act as cellular chaperones for vascular anastomosis downstream of VEGF-mediated endothelial tip cell inductionAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 116:829-40. 2010..those that promote the angiogenic switch in cancer, including the expression of the cell-surface proteins TIE2 and NRP1. Our findings suggest that tissue macrophages are a target for antiangiogenic therapies, but that they could ..
- Blocking neuropilin-1 function has an additive effect with anti-VEGF to inhibit tumor growthQi Pan
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 11:53-67. 2007Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) guides the development of the nervous and vascular systems. Binding to either semaphorins or VEGF, NRP1 acts with plexins to regulate neuronal guidance, or with VEGFR2 to mediate vascular development...
- C-end rule peptides mediate neuropilin-1-dependent cell, vascular, and tissue penetrationTambet Teesalu
Vascular Mapping Center, The Burnham Institute for Medical Research at University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16157-62. 2009..Affinity chromatography showed that the CendR peptides bind to neuropilin-1 (NRP-1) on the target cells...
- IL-17-producing invariant NKT cells in lymphoid organs are recent thymic emigrants identified by neuropilin-1 expressionPierre Milpied
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Blood 118:2993-3002. 2011..In the present study, we show that neuropilin-1 (Nrp-1), a transmembrane receptor mainly found on T-regulatory (Treg) cells in the murine immune system, is specifically expressed on RTE ..
- PlexinD1 and semaphorin signaling are required in endothelial cells for cardiovascular developmentAaron D Gitler
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, 954 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 7:107-16. 2004..Thus, molecular programs that mediate axon guidance in the central nervous system also function in endothelial cells to orchestrate critical aspects of cardiac morphogenesis...
- Sorting of striatal and cortical interneurons regulated by semaphorin-neuropilin interactionsO Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Science 293:872-5. 2001....
- Anti-neuropilin-1 peptide inhibition of synoviocyte survival, angiogenesis, and experimental arthritisJin Sun Kong
The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Arthritis Rheum 62:179-90. 2010..To delineate the role of neuropilin-1 (NP-1), a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR), in rheumatoid inflammation and to determine whether blockade of NP-1 could suppress synoviocyte survival and angiogenesis...
- Neuropilin-1 mediates divergent R-Smad signaling and the myofibroblast phenotypeYing Cao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 285:31840-8. 2010..Recently, neuropilin-1 (NRP-1) was reported to bind and activate the latent form of TGF-β1 (LAP-TGF-β1)...
- Tumor cell-derived PDGF-B potentiates mouse mesenchymal stem cells-pericytes transition and recruitment through an interaction with NRP-1Kakali Dhar
Cancer Research Unit, VA Medical Center, 4801 Linwood Blvd, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
Mol Cancer 9:209. 2010..This study focuses on the role of human tumor cells in governing the differentiation of mouse mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) to pericytes and their recruitment in the tumor angiogenesis process...
- Neuropilin-1 is upregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and contributes to tumour growth and vascular remodellingMathieu Berge
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7, France
J Hepatol 55:866-75. 2011Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) is a transmembrane co-receptor for semaphorins and heparin-binding pro-angiogenic cytokines, principally members of the vascular endothelial growth factor family...
- Npn-1 contributes to axon-axon interactions that differentially control sensory and motor innervation of the limbRosa Eva Huettl
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS Biol 9:e1001020. 2011..Thus, motor and sensory axons are mutually dependent on each other for the generation of their trajectories and interact in part through Npn-1-mediated fasciculation before and within the plexus region of the limbs...
- Neuropilin-1 is expressed by breast cancer stem-like cells and is linked to NF-κB activation and tumor sphere formationYelena Glinka
Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:775-80. 2012..We also examined the role of neuropilin-1 (Nrp1), which is a growth factor coreceptor linked to the tumorigenicity of some CSCs...
- Adenylyl cyclase-dependent axonal targeting in the olfactory systemJulien A Dal Col
Department of Zoology and Animal Biology, and NCCR Frontiers in Genetics, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Development 134:2481-9. 2007..Moreover, the cyclase depletion leads to the prevention of neuropilin 1 (Nrp1) expression in olfactory sensory neuron axonal projections...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor controls neuronal migration and cooperates with Sema3A to pattern distinct compartments of the facial nerveQuenten Schwarz
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 18:2822-34. 2004..of somata and axons of the facial nerve is regulated independently by two secreted ligands for the transmembrane receptor neuropilin 1 (Nrp1), the semaphorin Sema3A and the VEGF164 isoform of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor...
- Expression of the hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 is not restricted to the lymphatic vasculature; LYVE-1 is also expressed on embryonic blood vesselsEmma J Gordon
Division of Haematology, The Hanson Institute, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Dev Dyn 237:1901-9. 2008..Our data are also the first demonstration, to our knowledge, that the mouse yolk sac is devoid of lymphatic vessels...
- Neuropilin-1 promotes cirrhosis of the rodent and human liver by enhancing PDGF/TGF-beta signaling in hepatic stellate cellsSheng Cao
Gastroenterology Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2379-94. 2010..Here, we found that in two rat models of liver fibrosis, the axonal guidance molecule neuropilin-1 (NRP-1) was upregulated in activated HSCs, which exhibit the highly motile myofibroblast phenotype...
- Postmitotic Nkx2-1 controls the migration of telencephalic interneurons by direct repression of guidance receptorsSandrina Nóbrega-Pereira
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, CSIC and Universidad Miguel Hernandez, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
Neuron 59:733-45. 2008..Our results demonstrate a role for the cell-fate determinant Nkx2-1 in regulating neuronal migration by direct transcriptional regulation of guidance receptors in postmitotic cells...
- Neuropilin-1 on hematopoietic cells as a source of vascular developmentYoshihiro Yamada
Sakaguchi Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 101:1801-9. 2003..In NP-1-/- embryos, vascular sprouting is impaired at the central nervous system (CNS) and pericardium where VEGF is not abundant, indicating that NP-1-expressing cells are required for normal vascular development...
- Plexin-a4 mediates axon-repulsive activities of both secreted and transmembrane semaphorins and plays roles in nerve fiber guidanceFumikazu Suto
Division of Developmental Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
J Neurosci 25:3628-37. 2005..Our results imply that plexin-A4 mediates multiple semaphorin signals and regulates axon guidance in vivo...
- Semaphorin-3A and its receptor neuropilin-1 are predominantly expressed in endothelial cells along the rostral migratory stream of young and adult miceEsperanza Meléndez-Herrera
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Fisiologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, D F, Mexico
Cell Tissue Res 333:175-84. 2008..Moreover, the present work outlines the potential role of blood vessels on neuroblast migration in the postnatal rostral migratory stream...
- Microenvironment drives the endothelial or neural fate of differentiating embryonic stem cells coexpressing neuropilin-1 and Flk-1Anna Gualandris
Department of Oncological Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin School of Medicine, 10060, Candiolo TO, Italy
FASEB J 23:68-78. 2009..discrete, nonclonal cell population expressing the two vascular endothelial growth factor receptors neuropilin-1 (Nrp1) and Flk1 that differentiates in vitro toward endothelial or neural phenotypes depending on microenvironmental cues...
- The cytoplasmic domain of neuropilin 1 is dispensable for angiogenesis, but promotes the spatial separation of retinal arteries and veinsAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 138:4185-91. 2011b>Neuropilin 1 (NRP1) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is essential for blood vessel development in vertebrates...
- The influence of neuropilin-1 silencing on semaphorin 3A and 3C activity in B16(F10) murine melanoma cellsA M Mazurek
Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center, Gliwice, Poland
Neoplasma 59:43-51. 2012Neuropilin-1 (Nrp1), originally characterized as an adhesion molecule in the nervous system, is a co-receptor for class-3 semaphorins...
- Semaphorin3A, Neuropilin-1, and PlexinA1 are required for lymphatic valve formationKarine Bouvrée
CIRB Collège de France CNRS UMR 7241 INSERM U1050, Paris, France
Circ Res 111:437-45. 2012..Defective formation of lymphatic valves leads to lymphedema, a progressive and debilitating condition for which curative treatments are currently unavailable. How lymphatic valve formation is regulated remains largely unknown...
- Neuropilin 1 directly interacts with Fer kinase to mediate semaphorin 3A-induced death of cortical neuronsSusan X Jiang
Experimental NeuroTherapeutics Laboratory, National Research Council NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, NRC Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:9908-18. 2010..The interaction of Sema3A/NRP1 during development leads to the collapse of growth cones...
- FAK-MAPK-dependent adhesion disassembly downstream of L1 contributes to semaphorin3A-induced collapseAhmad Bechara
Universite de Lyon, Centre de Génétique Moléculaire et Cellulaire UMR CNRS 5534, Villeurbanne, France
EMBO J 27:1549-62. 2008..In the developing cerebral cortex, the Ig superfamily cell adhesion molecule L1 associates with Nrp1. Intriguingly, the genetic removal of L1 blocks axon responses of cortical neurons to Sema3A in vitro despite the ..
- Neuropilin 1 and 2 control cranial gangliogenesis and axon guidance through neural crest cellsQuenten Schwarz
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 135:1605-13. 2008..receptors and their class 3 semaphorin (SEMA3) ligands play well-established roles in axon guidance, with loss of NRP1, NRP2, SEMA3A or SEMA3F causing defasciculation and errors in growth cone guidance of peripherally projecting ..
- Enhancement of vascular progenitor potential by protein kinase A through dual induction of Flk-1 and Neuropilin-1Kohei Yamamizu
Laboratory of Stem Cell Differentiation, Stem Cell Research Center, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 114:3707-16. 2009..Expression of Flk1 and Neuropilin-1 (NRP1), which form a selective and sensitive receptor for VEGF(165), was increased only in CA-PKA-expressing progenitors, ..
- Overexpression of a membrane protein, neuropilin, in chimeric mice causes anomalies in the cardiovascular system, nervous system and limbsT Kitsukawa
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Development 121:4309-18. 1995..Correct spatiotemporal expression of neuropilin seems to be essential for normal development of the cardiovascular system, nervous system and limbs...
- Requirement for early-generated neurons recognized by monoclonal antibody lot1 in the formation of lateral olfactory tractY Sato
Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
J Neurosci 18:7800-10. 1998..Ablation of lot cells prevented LOT formation in organotypic culture. These results suggest that lot cells are "guidepost cells" for mitral cell axons...
- Differential binding of vascular endothelial growth factor B splice and proteolytic isoforms to neuropilin-1T Makinen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 274:21217-22. 1999..In this study, we show that both splice isoforms of VEGF-B bind specifically to Neuropilin-1 (NRP1), a receptor for collapsins/semaphorins and for the VEGF(165) isoform...
- The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, dHAND, is required for vascular developmentH Yamagishi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Clin Invest 105:261-70. 2000..These results suggest that dHAND is required for vascular development and regulates angiogenesis, possibly through a VEGF signaling pathway...
- Differential expression of VEGF isoforms and VEGF(164)-specific receptor neuropilin-1 in the mouse uterus suggests a role for VEGF(164) in vascular permeability and angiogenesis during implantationJ B Halder
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7338, USA
Genesis 26:213-24. 2000..Recent evidence suggests that neuropilin-1 (NRP1), a receptor involved in neuronal cell guidance, is expressed in endothelial cells, binds to VEGF(165) and enhances ..
- Selective induction of neuropilin-1 by vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF): a mechanism contributing to VEGF-induced angiogenesisHideyasu Oh
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoinkawara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:383-8. 2002..In the present study, we first show that VEGF selectively up-regulates NRP1 but not NRP2 via the VEGF receptor 2-dependent pathway...
- Neuropilin-1 participates in wound angiogenesisAnnette M Matthies
Burn and Shock Trauma Institute and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Am J Pathol 160:289-96. 2002..These results provide both in vitro and in vivo evidence for a critical role of neuropilin-1 in wound angiogenesis...
- Characterization of the neuropilin-1 promoter; gene expression is mediated by the transcription factor Sp1Mireille Rossignol
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology, and Cancer Research, CNRS UMR 6543, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, 06189 Nice, France
J Cell Biochem 88:744-57. 2003Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) is a receptor for the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family of angiogenesis factors and for the semaphorin family of secreted neuronal guidance polypeptides...
- Aberrant trajectory of ascending dopaminergic pathway in mice lacking Nkx2.1Hitoshi Kawano
Department of Developmental Morphology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu, 183 8526, Japan
Exp Neurol 182:103-12. 2003..1-deficient mice, the abnormal crossing of ascending DA axons observed may be attributed to the elimination of these chemorepulsive signals in the medial part of the mutant hypothalamus...
- Ontogeny of semaphorins 3A and 3F and their receptors neuropilins 1 and 2 in the kidneyGuillermo Villegas
Department of Pediatrics Nephrology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mech Dev 119:S149-53. 2002..Their expression pattern and function outside the nervous system are unknown. Neuropilin 1 and 2 (NP-1, NP-2) are natural ligands for semaphorins 3A and 3F, respectively...
- The Notch target genes Hey1 and Hey2 are required for embryonic vascular developmentAndreas Fischer
Theodor Boveri Institut für Biowissenschaften Biozentrum, Physiologische Chemie I, Universitat Wurzburg, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Genes Dev 18:901-11. 2004..This indicates that Hey1/Hey2 are essential transducers of Notch signals in cardiovascular development that may mediate arterial cell fate decision...
- Membrane fixation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 ligand-binding domain is important for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in miceSachie Hiratsuka
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:346-54. 2005..These results strongly suggest that the membrane-fixed ligand-binding region of VEGFR1 traps VEGF for the appropriate regulation of VEGF signaling in vascular endothelial cells during early embryogenesis...
- Neuropilin-1 regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated endothelial permeabilityPatrice M Becker
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Res 96:1257-65. 2005..complexes in VEGF-induced endothelial barrier dysfunction, endothelial cells were stably transfected with Npn1 or VEGFR2 alone (PAE/Npn and PAE/KDR, respectively), or VEGFR2 and Npn-1 (PAE/KDR/Npn-1)...
- Dual functional activity of semaphorin 3B is required for positioning the anterior commissureJulien Falk
NMDA, UMR CNRS 6156, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Neuron 48:63-75. 2005....
- Neuropilin 1 and CD25 co-regulation during early murine thymic differentiationCatherine Corbel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Comp Immunol 31:1082-94. 2007b>Neuropilin 1 (NP1) is a receptor for both semaphorin and vascular endothelial growth factor expressed by subpopulations of neuronal and endothelial cells. In the immune system, NP1 is present on dendritic and regulatory T cells...
- Advanced glycation end-products suppress neuropilin-1 expression in podocytesTzvetanka Bondeva
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Kidney Int 75:605-16. 2009..The decreased migration could lead to adherence of uncovered areas of the glomerular basement membrane to Bowman's capsule contributing to focal glomerulosclerosis...
- Neuropilin-1/GIPC1 signaling regulates alpha5beta1 integrin traffic and function in endothelial cellsDonatella Valdembri
Department of Oncological Sciences and Division of Molecular Angiogenesis, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino School of Medicine, Candiolo, Italy
PLoS Biol 7:e25. 2009b>Neuropilin 1 (Nrp1) is a coreceptor for vascular endothelial growth factor A165 (VEGF-A165, VEGF-A164 in mice) and semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A)...
- Distinct roles of neuropilin 1 signaling for radial and tangential extension of callosal axonsYumiko Hatanaka
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Comp Neurol 514:215-25. 2009..Here we examined the role of neuropilin 1 (NRP1) in these developmental events...
- Neuropilin 1-Sema signaling regulates crossing of cingulate pioneering axons during development of the corpus callosumMichael Piper
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Cereb Cortex 19:i11-21. 2009..We demonstrate that neuropilin 1 (Npn1) plays an integral role in the development of the CC...
- Pulmonary epithelial neuropilin-1 deletion enhances development of cigarette smoke-induced emphysemaAnne Le
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:396-406. 2009..Cigarette smoke (CS) exposure is an important risk factor for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; however, not all smokers develop disease, suggesting that other factors influence disease development...
- Advanced glycation end products suppress neuropilin-1 expression in podocytes by a reduction in Sp1-dependent transcriptional activityTzvetanka Bondeva
Department of Internal Medicine III, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Am J Nephrol 30:336-45. 2009Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) is a transmembrane glycoprotein, initially defined as a receptor for members of the semaphorin family...
- Developmentally regulated expression of a cell surface protein, neuropilin, in the mouse nervous systemA Kawakami
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
J Neurobiol 29:1-17. 1996..These observations suggest that neuropilin is involved in growth, fasciculation, and targeting for a particular groups of axons...
- Neuropilin is a receptor for the axonal chemorepellent Semaphorin IIIZ He
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Cell 90:739-51. 1997..These results provide evidence that neuropilin is a receptor or a component of a receptor complex that mediates the effects of Sema III on these axons...
- Semaphorins act as attractive and repulsive guidance signals during the development of cortical projectionsD Bagnard
INSERM Unité 371 Cerveau et Vision, 69500 Bron, France
Development 125:5043-53. 1998..The coordinated expression of different semaphorins, together with their specific activities on cortical axons, suggests that multiple guidance signals contribute to the formation of precise corticofugal pathways...
- Impaired myocardial angiogenesis and ischemic cardiomyopathy in mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms VEGF164 and VEGF188P Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 5:495-502. 1999
- A requirement for neuropilin-1 in embryonic vessel formationT Kawasaki
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Development 126:4895-902. 1999..The vascular defects induced by neuropilin-1 deficiency in mouse embryos suggest that neuropilin-1 plays roles in embryonic vessel formation, as well as nerve fiber guidance...
- Plexin-neuropilin-1 complexes form functional semaphorin-3A receptorsT Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cell 99:59-69. 1999..Sema3A treatment leads to the redistribution of growth cone NP-1 and plexin into clusters. Thus, physiologic Sema3A receptors consist of NP-1/plexin complexes...
- Neuropilin-2 is required in vivo for selective axon guidance responses to secreted semaphorinsR J Giger
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 25:29-41. 2000..Our results show that Npn-2 is a selective receptor for class 3 semaphorins in vivo and that Npn-1 and Npn-2 are required for development of an overlapping but distinct set of CNS and PNS projections...
- Determination of cell adhesion sites of neuropilin-1M Shimizu
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, USA
J Cell Biol 148:1283-93. 2000..In addition, we demonstrated that the cell adhesion ligands for neuropilin-1 were proteins and distributed in embryonic mesenchymal cells but distinct from the class 3 semaphorins, VEGF, or plexins...
- Repulsive axon guidance molecule Sema3A inhibits branching morphogenesis of fetal mouse lungT Ito
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, 236 0004, Yokohama, Japan
Mech Dev 97:35-45. 2000..These results provide evidence that Sema3A inhibits branching morphogenesis in lung bud organ cultures via NP-1 as a receptor or a component of a possible multimeric Sema3A receptor complex...
- Semaphorin 3A is required for guidance of olfactory axons in miceG A Schwarting
The Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts 02452, USA
J Neurosci 20:7691-7. 2000..These observations indicate that Sema3A expression by ensheathing cells plays an important role in guiding olfactory axons into specific compartments of the OB...
- Placental defects in ARNT-knockout conceptus correlate with localized decreases in VEGF-R2, Ang-1, and Tie-2B D Abbott
Reproductive Toxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Dev Dyn 219:526-38. 2000..5. Published 2000 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Diverse gene expression and function of semaphorins in developing lung: positive and negative regulatory roles of semaphorins in lung branching morphogenesisM Kagoshima
Department of Pharmacology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Genes Cells 6:559-71. 2001..Sema3A inhibits branching morphogenesis of embryonic lung in organ culture...
- Requirement of neuropilin 1-mediated Sema3A signals in patterning of the sympathetic nervous systemTakahiko Kawasaki
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Development 129:671-80. 2002b>Neuropilin 1 is the specific receptor for Sema3A and plays a role in nerve fiber guidance...
- Targeting of both mouse neuropilin-1 and neuropilin-2 genes severely impairs developmental yolk sac and embryonic angiogenesisSeiji Takashima
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Department of Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3657-62. 2002..Their abnormal vascular phenotype resembled those of VEGF and VEGFR-2 knockouts. These results suggest that NRPs are early genes in embryonic vessel development and that both NP1 and NP2 are required...
- Abnormal lymphatic vessel development in neuropilin 2 mutant miceLi Yuan
INSERM U36, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Development 129:4797-806. 2002..Arteries, veins and larger, collecting lymphatic vessels developed normally, suggesting that neuropilin 2 is selectively required for the formation of small lymphatic vessels and capillaries...
- VEGF: a modifier of the del22q11 (DiGeorge) syndrome?Ingeborg Stalmans
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 9:173-82. 2003..These genetic data in mouse, fish and human indicate that VEGF is a modifier of cardiovascular birth defects in the del22q11 syndrome...
- Identification and characterization of a novel mouse plexin, plexin-A4Fumikazu Suto
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Mech Dev 120:385-96. 2003..These results suggest that plexin-A4 plays a role in the propagation of Sema3A activities...
- Neuropilin-1 conveys semaphorin and VEGF signaling during neural and cardiovascular developmentChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Cell 5:45-57. 2003..Therefore, Npn-1 is a multifunctional receptor that mediates the activities of structurally distinct ligands during development of the heart, vasculature, and nervous system...
- Soluble VEGF isoforms are essential for establishing epiphyseal vascularization and regulating chondrocyte development and survivalChrista Maes
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 113:188-99. 2004..These findings indicate that the insoluble VEGF(188) isoform is insufficient for establishing epiphyseal vascularization and regulating cartilage development during endochondral bone formation...
- Neuropilin-1 is required for endothelial tip cell guidance in the developing central nervous systemHolger Gerhardt
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, Medicinaregatan 9A, Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Dyn 231:503-9. 2004..Neuropilin-1 (Nrp-1) is a transmembrane receptor with a repulsive function in axon guidance...
- Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilinsChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 307:265-8. 2005..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning...
- Coordination of trigeminal axon navigation and patterning with tooth organ formation: epithelial-mesenchymal interactions, and epithelial Wnt4 and Tgfbeta1 regulate semaphorin 3a expression in the dental mesenchymePaivi Kettunen
Division of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Development 132:323-34. 2005..By analyzing Sema3a and its receptor Npn1 knockout mouse embryos, we found that Sema3a regulates dental trigeminal axon navigation and patterning, as well as ..
- Peripheral nerve-derived VEGF promotes arterial differentiation via neuropilin 1-mediated positive feedbackYoh suke Mukouyama
Division of Biology 216 76, California Institute of Technology, 1201 E California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Development 132:941-52. 2005..Arteriogenesis also requires endothelial expression of NRP1, an artery-specific coreceptor for VEGF(164) that is itself induced by VEGF...
- Secreted semaphorins modulate synaptic transmission in the adult hippocampusAmar Sahay
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 25:3613-20. 2005..These results suggest a novel role for semaphorins as synaptic modulators and illustrate the diverse repertoire of these guidance cues in both the formation and function of neural circuits...
- A semaphorin code defines subpopulations of spinal motor neurons during mouse developmentSamia Cohen
INSERM UMR 623, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille, CNRS INSERM Univ Mediterranee, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Eur J Neurosci 21:1767-76. 2005..These findings lead us to propose that semaphorins and their receptors might play important roles in the sorting of motor pools and the patterning of their afferent and efferent projections...
- Distinct roles for secreted semaphorin signaling in spinal motor axon guidanceAndrea B Huber
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 48:949-64. 2005..Thus, Sema3A-Npn-1 and Sema3F-Npn-2 signaling control distinct steps of motor axon growth and guidance during the formation of spinal motor connections...
- VEGF expression and receptor activation in the choroid during development and in the adultMagali Saint-Geniez
Schepens Eye Research Institute, The Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3135-42. 2006....
- Semaphorin signaling facilitates cleft formation in the developing salivary glandLing Chung
Graduate Institute of Pathology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Development 134:2935-45. 2007..Here, we show in mice that functional blockage of neuropilin 1 (Npn1) inhibits cleft formation in the developing submandibular gland (SMG) cultured ex vivo...
- Gating of Sema3E/PlexinD1 signaling by neuropilin-1 switches axonal repulsion to attraction during brain developmentSophie Chauvet
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille Luminy, CNRS UMR 6216, University of Mediterranee, Case 907, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Neuron 56:807-22. 2007..Our data therefore reveal a "gating" function of neuropilins in semaphorin-plexin signaling during the assembly of forebrain neuronal circuits...
- Close homolog of L1 and neuropilin 1 mediate guidance of thalamocortical axons at the ventral telencephalonAmanda G Wright
Department of Biochemistry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci 27:13667-79. 2007..between the neural adhesion molecule close homolog of L1 (CHL1) and the semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) receptor, neuropilin 1 (Npn1), important for establishment of area-specific thalamocortical projections...
- Neuropilin-1 expression on regulatory T cells enhances their interactions with dendritic cells during antigen recognitionMilka Sarris
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Immunity 28:402-13. 2008..We found that Neuropilin-1 (Nrp-1), which is expressed by most Treg cells but not naive Th cells, promoted prolonged interactions with immature DCs ..
- Higher mortality in heterozygous neuropilin-1 mice after cardiac pressure overloadFei Li
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:317-21. 2008..Furthermore, we found that NP-1 formed complexes with VEGFR1 and VEGFR2, respectively, in cardiomyocytes. These findings suggest that NP-1 should play beneficial role in heart failure...
- Neuropilin-1 is a receptor for transforming growth factor beta-1, activates its latent form, and promotes regulatory T cell activityYelena Glinka
Department of Laboratory Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Room 2 013CC, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
J Leukoc Biol 84:302-10. 2008Neuropilin-1 (Nrp1) is a multifunctional protein, identified principally as a receptor for the class 3 semaphorins and members of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family, but it is capable of other interactions...
- A myocardial lineage derives from Tbx18 epicardial cellsChen Leng Cai
Skaggs School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nature 454:104-8. 2008..The pluripotency of Tbx18 proepicardial cells provides a theoretical framework for applying these progenitors to effect cardiac repair and regeneration...
- Separating genetic and hemodynamic defects in neuropilin 1 knockout embryosElizabeth A V Jones
Inserm U833, F 75005, Paris, France
Development 135:2479-88. 2008..In this study, we show how to distinguish between genetic defects caused by targeted inactivation of the neuropilin 1 (Nrp1) receptor and hemodynamic defects occurring in homozygous knockout embryos...
- Neuropilin-1-VEGFR-2 complexing requires the PDZ-binding domain of neuropilin-1Claudia Prahst
Joint Research Division Vascular Biology of the Medical Faculty Mannheim CBTM, University of Heidelberg
J Biol Chem 283:25110-4. 2008..Taken together, the experiments have identified a novel mechanism of NP-1 interaction with VEGFR-2, which involves the cytoplasmic domain of NP-1...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and semaphorin induce neuropilin-1 endocytosis via separate pathwaysAnna Salikhova
Angiogenesis Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Circ Res 103:e71-9. 2008The neuropilin (Nrp)1 receptor is essential for both nervous and vascular system development. Nrp1 is unusually versatile, because it transmits both chemoattractive and repulsive signals in response to vascular endothelial growth factor (..
- Plexin A3 and plexin A4 convey semaphorin signals during facial nerve developmentQuenten Schwarz
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Dev Biol 324:1-9. 2008..Loss of either SEMA3A/NRP1 or SEMA3F/NRP2 caused defasciculation and ectopic projection of facial branchiomotor axons...
- Neuropilin 1 signaling guides neural crest cells to coordinate pathway choice with cell specificationQuenten Schwarz
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6164-9. 2009..Here we show that the repulsive guidance cue SEMA3A and its receptor neuropilin 1 (NRP1) are essential to direct the intermediate wave NCC precursors of peripheral neurons from a default ..
- Neuropilin-1 identifies endothelial precursors in human and murine embryonic stem cells before CD34 expressionThomas Cimato
National Human Genome Research Institute, and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circulation 119:2170-8. 2009..The objective of our study was to identify a single population of endothelial precursors with common identifying features from both human and murine embryonic stem cells...
- Neuropilin-mediated neural crest cell guidance is essential to organise sensory neurons into segmented dorsal root gangliaQuenten Schwarz
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Development 136:1785-9. 2009..Specifically, SEMA3A/NRP1 signalling first directs one population of NCCs from the intersomitic path into the sclerotome, and SEMA3F/NRP2 ..
- Neuropilin receptors guide distinct phases of sensory and motor neuronal segmentationJulaine Roffers-Agarwal
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Development 136:1879-88. 2009..We now expand these results to show that Nrp2 patterns initial motor axon outgrowth as well. Later, Nrp1/Sema3A signaling is essential for segmental dorsal root gangliogenesis and motor axonal fasciculation into ventral ..
- Pre-target axon sorting establishes the neural map topographyTakeshi Imai
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Science 325:585-90. 2009..Thus, pre-target axon sorting plays an important role in establishing the topographic order based on the relative levels of guidance molecules expressed by axons...
- Alphav beta3 integrin limits the contribution of neuropilin-1 to vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesisStephen D Robinson
Adhesion and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Tumour Biology Centre, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary University of London, John Vane Science Centre, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:33966-81. 2009..beta3 integrin can regulate negatively VEGF-mediated angiogenesis by limiting the interaction of the co-receptor NRP1 (neuropilin-1) with VEGFR2...
- Transient neuronal populations are required to guide callosal axons: a role for semaphorin 3CMathieu Niquille
Department of Cellular Biology and Morphology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 7:e1000230. 2009..By revealing a novel and essential role for these neuronal populations in the pathfinding of a major cerebral commissure, our study brings new perspectives to pathophysiological mechanisms altering CC formation...
- Semaphorin 3A-Neuropilin-1 signaling regulates peripheral axon fasciculation and pathfinding but not developmental cell death patternsCorinna Haupt
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:1164-72. 2010..Thus, Sema3A-Npn-1 signaling plays an important role in the guidance and fasciculation of motor and sensory axons but does not contribute to the developmental elimination of these neurons...
- Defective gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron migration in mice lacking SEMA3A signalling through NRP1 and NRP2: implications for the aetiology of hypogonadotropic hypogonadismAnna Cariboni
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:336-44. 2011..Strikingly, mice lacking SEMA3A or semaphorin signalling through both NRP1 and NRP2 recapitulate the anatomical features of a single case of KS analysed so far, and may therefore be used as ..
- Neuropilin-1 attenuates autoreactivity in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisBenjamin D Solomon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2040-5. 2011Neuropilin-1 (Nrp1) is a cell surface molecule originally identified for its role in neuronal development...
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR IN LUNG ISCHEMIAPatrice Becker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Notch Signaling in Olfactory Progenitor Cell FateTIMOTHY HENION; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results obtained from these preliminary studies will provide important information on the mechanisms which regulate cell diversity in the olfactory system, and potentially other neurogenic tissues. ..
- Role of Glypicans in HGF Mediated Cell MorphogenesisAnil Karihaloo; Fiscal Year: 2006..These specific aims are designed to hopefully lead to a better understanding of the role of Gpc expression during kidney development vis-a-vis HGF. ..
- Neuropilin-1 and VEGF-mediated pulmonary edemaPatrice Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding basic mechanisms contributing to the development of pulmonary edema in ARDS may suggest novel therapeutic strategies for managing critically ill patients with this disorder. ..