Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nr4a2
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 4, group A, member 2
Alias: HZF-3, NOT, Nurr1, RNR-1, TINOR, TINUR, nuclear receptor subfamily 4 group A member 2, NUR-related factor 1, nur related protein 1, orphan nuclear receptor NURR1
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Nurr1 is required for maintenance of maturing and adult midbrain dopamine neuronsBanafsheh Kadkhodaei
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 29:15923-32. 2009..b>Nurr1, one such transcription factor, is essential for early differentiation of midbrain dopamine (mDA) neurons but ..
- A comprehensive negative regulatory program controlled by Brn3b to ensure ganglion cell specification from multipotential retinal precursorsFeng Qiu
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Neurosci 28:3392-403. 2008..Our data suggest that Brn3b specifies the RGC fate from multipotential precursors not only by promoting RGC differentiation but also by suppressing non-RGC differentiation programs as a safeguard ..
- 1,1-Bis(3'-indolyl)-1-(p-chlorophenyl)methane activates the orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 and inhibits bladder cancer growthTeruo Inamoto
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1373, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3825-33. 2008b>Nurr1 is an orphan nuclear receptor and a member of the nerve growth factor I-B subfamily of transcription factors with no known endogenous ligand or stimulator...
- Cooperation of nuclear fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and Nurr1 offers new interactive mechanism in postmitotic development of mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsOlga Baron
Institute of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:19827-40. 2012..in mice deficient for Nurr1 or expressing the dominant-negative FGF receptor (FGFR) identified orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 and FGFR1 as essential factors in development of mesencephalic dopaminergic (mDA) neurons...
- The nuclear receptor Nor-1 is essential for proliferation of the semicircular canals of the mouse inner earTiia Ponnio
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:935-45. 2002..The precise role of Nor-1 in mammalian development has not been established...
- The atypical orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 interacts with orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 and represses its transactivationKwang Hoon Song
Hormone Research Center, Chungnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Endocrinol 18:1929-40. 2004..These results suggest that DAX-1 acts as a novel coregulator of the orphan nuclear receptor Nur77, and that the DAX-1 may play a key role in the regulation of Nur77-mediated steroidogenesis in testicular Leydig cells...
- Identification of a new brain-specific transcription factor, NURR1S W Law
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Mol Endocrinol 6:2129-35. 1992..to an additional family member and immediate early gene product, Nur77, and the novel factor is referred to as Nurr1 (Nur-related factor 1)...
- Dopamine neuron agenesis in Nurr1-deficient miceR H Zetterström
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Science 276:248-50. 1997..The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 was shown to be expressed in developing dopamine neurons before the appearance of known phenotypic ..
- Nurr1 is essential for the induction of the dopaminergic phenotype and the survival of ventral mesencephalic late dopaminergic precursor neuronsO Saucedo-Cardenas
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:4013-8. 1998b>Nurr1 is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily of transcription factors that is expressed predominantly in the central nervous system, including developing and mature dopaminergic neurons...
- Dopamine biosynthesis is selectively abolished in substantia nigra/ventral tegmental area but not in hypothalamic neurons in mice with targeted disruption of the Nurr1 geneS O Castillo
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1766, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 11:36-46. 1998To ascertain the function of an orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1, a transcription factor belonging to a large gene family that includes receptors for steroids, retinoids, and thyroid hormone, we generated Nurr1-null mice by homologous ..
- Selective agenesis of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons in Nurr1-deficient miceW Le
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Exp Neurol 159:451-8. 1999b>Nurr1, a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily of transcription factors, has been found to be essential for the development of ventral midbrain dopamine (DA)ergic neurons...
- Heterodimerization between members of the Nur subfamily of orphan nuclear receptors as a novel mechanism for gene activationM Maira
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 19:7549-57. 1999..The Nur77 subfamily also includes two related receptors, Nur-related factor 1 (Nurr1) and neuron-derived orphan receptor 1 (NOR-1)...
- Reduced Nurr1 expression increases the vulnerability of mesencephalic dopamine neurons to MPTP-induced injuryW Le
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurochem 73:2218-21. 1999Mutation in the Nurr1 gene, a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, causes selective agenesis of dopaminergic neurons in the midbrain of null mice...
- Fate of mesencephalic AHD2-expressing dopamine progenitor cells in NURR1 mutant miceA Wallen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Stockholm, S 171 77, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 253:737-46. 1999The orphan nuclear receptor NURR1 was previously demonstrated to be required for the generation of mesencephalic dopamine (DA) cells...
- A second independent pathway for development of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons requires Lmx1bM P Smidt
Section of Molecular Neuroscience, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Department of Medical Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Utrecht University, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Neurosci 3:337-41. 2000..disruption of this cascade did not block induction of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), a key enzyme in DA synthesis, or Nurr1, a nuclear hormone receptor, Lmx1b knockout mice failed to induce the mesDA-specific homeodomain gene Ptx3 in TH-..
- Orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is essential for Ret expression in midbrain dopamine neurons and in the brain stemA Wallén A
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Neurosci 18:649-63. 2001The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is essential for development of midbrain dopamine (DA) cells...
- Requirements for heterodimerization between the orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 and retinoid X receptorsPaola Sacchetti
INSERM Unité 459, faculté de médecine Henri Warembourg, 1 place de Verdun, Lille 59045, France
J Biol Chem 277:35088-96. 2002The nuclear receptor nurr1 is a transcription factor involved in the development and maintenance of neurons synthesizing the neurotransmitter dopamine...
- Nurr1-null heterozygous mice have reduced mesolimbic and mesocortical dopamine levels and increased stress-induced locomotor activityJ B Eells
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1766, Bethesda, MD 20892 1766, USA
Behav Brain Res 136:267-75. 2002b>Nurr1, an orphan nuclear receptor, is essential for the differentiation of the midbrain dopamine (DA) neurons; however, its function in adult midbrain DA neurons has not been determined...
- Nurr1 regulates dopamine synthesis and storage in MN9D dopamine cellsElisabet Hermanson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, P O Box 240, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 288:324-34. 2003b>Nurr1, a transcription factor belonging to the nuclear receptor family, is essential for the generation of midbrain dopamine (DA) cells during embryonic development...
- Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5aGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12747-52. 2003..Wnt-3a promoted the proliferation of precursor cells expressing the orphan nuclear receptor-related factor 1 (Nurr1) but did not increase the number of tyrosine hydroxylase-positive neurons...
- Involvement of Nurr1 in specifying the neurotransmitter identity of ventral midbrain dopaminergic neuronsSimone M Smits
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology and Anatomy, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 18:1731-8. 2003..b>Nurr1, a member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily of transcription factors, is essential for establishing the ..
- Early developmental failure of substantia nigra dopamine neurons in mice lacking the homeodomain gene Pitx3Marten P Smidt
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology and Anatomy, University Medical Center, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 131:1145-55. 2004..Owing to the developmental failure of mesDA neurons in the lateral field of the midbrain, mesDA neurons are not found in the SNc and the projections to the caudate putamen are selectively lost...
- Temporally induced Nurr1 can induce a non-neuronal dopaminergic cell type in embryonic stem cell differentiationKai Christian Sonntag
Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:1141-52. 2004The nuclear transcription factor Nurr1 is involved in the development and maintenance of the midbrain dopaminergic (DA) neuronal phenotype...
- Age-dependent dopaminergic dysfunction in Nurr1 knockout miceChuantao Jiang
Parkinson Disease Research Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Exp Neurol 191:154-62. 2005The Nurr1 gene, which codes for a transcriptional factor in the nuclear receptor superfamily, plays an important role in the development of the mesencephalic dopaminergic (DAergic) system...
- The role of Nurr1 in the development of dopaminergic neurons and Parkinson's diseaseJ Jankovic
Department of Neurology, Parkinson Disease Research Lab, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prog Neurobiol 77:128-38. 2005b>Nurr1, a transcription factor belonging to the orphan nuclear receptor superfamily, is critical in the development and maintenance of the dopaminergic system and as such it may have role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson' disease (PD)...
- A Wnt1-regulated genetic network controls the identity and fate of midbrain-dopaminergic progenitors in vivoNilima Prakash
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Technical University Munich, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Development 133:89-98. 2006..They also suggest the Wnt1-controlled signaling pathway as a promising target for new therapeutic strategies in the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Development of the mesencephalic dopaminergic neuron system is compromised in the absence of neurogenin 2E Andersson
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC A11, Sweden
Development 133:507-16. 2006..that medially located precursors are formed but are arrested in their differentiation at a stage when they have not yet acquired the characteristics of mesDA neuron precursors...
- Neurogenin 2 is required for the development of ventral midbrain dopaminergic neuronsJulianna Kele
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, MBB, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius building A1, Stockholm, Sweden
Development 133:495-505. 2006..Our results demonstrate that Ngn2 is required for the differentiation of Sox2(+) ventricular zone progenitors into Nurr1(+) postmitotic dopaminergic neuron precursors in the intermediate zone, and that it is also likely to be required ..
- Cooperative transcription activation by Nurr1 and Pitx3 induces embryonic stem cell maturation to the midbrain dopamine neuron phenotypeCecile Martinat
Department of Pathology and Neurology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, and Taub Institute, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons 15 403, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2874-9. 2006..development of midbrain DA neurons by expression analyses and loss-of-function knockout mouse studies, including Nurr1, Pitx3, Lmx1b, Engrailed-1, and Engrailed-2...
- Neuropilin1 is a direct downstream target of Nurr1 in the developing brain stemElisabet Hermanson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurochem 97:1403-11. 2006The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is expressed in the developing and adult central nervous system. Previous studies have shown that Nurr1 is essential for the generation of midbrain dopamine neurons...
- Megane/Heslike is required for normal GABAergic differentiation in the mouse superior colliculusJordi Guimera
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, 35 8006, Ingolstädter Landstrasse, 1, Neuherberg, Germany
Development 133:3847-57. 2006..Other brain regions, as well as other neural systems, are not affected...
- VIP is a transcriptional target of Nurr1 in dopaminergic cellsYu Luo
Dept of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14624, USA
Exp Neurol 203:221-32. 2007The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is required for the development of the ventral mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons. These are the same neurons that are invariantly lost in patients with Parkinson's disease...
- Essential function of HIPK2 in TGFbeta-dependent survival of midbrain dopamine neuronsJiasheng Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:77-86. 2007..a potent trophic factor for midbrain dopamine (DA) neurons, but its in vivo function and signaling mechanisms are not entirely understood...
- Lmx1b is essential for Fgf8 and Wnt1 expression in the isthmic organizer during tectum and cerebellum development in miceChao Guo
Institute of Neuroscience and Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Development 134:317-25. 2007..By contrast, Otx2 and Pax6 expression was not affected in Lmx1b-/- embryos...
- Ngn2 and Nurr1 act in synergy to induce midbrain dopaminergic neurons from expanded neural stem and progenitor cellsElin K I Andersson
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Division of Neurobiology, Lund University, BMC A11, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 313:1172-80. 2007..We over-expressed Ngn2 and Nurr1, two genes present in the ventral midbrain and important for normal development of mesDA neurons, in multi-..
- Foxa1 and Foxa2 regulate multiple phases of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development in a dosage-dependent mannerAnna L M Ferri
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 134:2761-9. 2007..Subsequently, Foxa1 and Foxa2 regulate the expression of Nurr1 (Nr4a2) and engrailed 1 in immature neurons and the expression of aromatic l-amino acid decarboxylase and tyrosine ..
- Differences in neurogenic potential in floor plate cells along an anteroposterior location: midbrain dopaminergic neurons originate from mesencephalic floor plate cellsYuichi Ono
KAN Research Institute Inc, KobeMI R and D Center 6 7 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Development 134:3213-25. 2007..the factors that regulate mesDA neuron development, the mechanisms underlying mesDA neuron specification are not fully understood...
- Proneural bHLH neurogenin 2 differentially regulates Nurr1-induced dopamine neuron differentiation in rat and mouse neural precursor cells in vitroChang Hwan Park
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Sungdong gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 582:537-42. 2008Roles of Nurr1 and neurogenin 2 (Ngn2) have been shown in midbrain dopamine (DA) neuron development. We present here rat and mouse species-dependent differences of Nurr1 and Ngn2 actions in DA neuron differentiation...
- Orphan nuclear receptor NR4A2 expressed in T cells from multiple sclerosis mediates production of inflammatory cytokinesYoshimitsu Doi
Departments of Immunology and Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8381-6. 2008..DNA microarray analysis previously showed that NR4A2, an orphan nuclear receptor, is strongly up-regulated in the peripheral blood T cells of MS...
- Anterior-posterior graded response to Otx2 controls proliferation and differentiation of dopaminergic progenitors in the ventral mesencephalonDaniela Omodei
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Via Comunale Margherita 482, 80145 Naples, Italy
Development 135:3459-70. 2008..genes Ngn2 and Mash1 is not activated in Sox2+ mesDA progenitors, which largely fail to differentiate into Nurr1+ mesDA precursors...
- Novel markers reveal subpopulations of subplate neurons in the murine cerebral cortexAnna Hoerder-Suabedissen
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
Cereb Cortex 19:1738-50. 2009..subplate-selective expression of complexin 3, connective tissue growth factor, nuclear receptor-related 1/Nr4a2, and monooxygenase Dbh-like 1 while transmembrane protein 163 also had additional expression in layer 5, and DOPA ..
- Pitx3 potentiates Nurr1 in dopamine neuron terminal differentiation through release of SMRT-mediated repressionFrank M J Jacobs
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 136:531-40. 2009..Thus far, specification of the dopaminergic phenotype of mdDA neurons is largely attributed to the orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1. In this study, we provide evidence for extensive interplay between Nurr1 and the homeobox ..
- A Nurr1/CoREST pathway in microglia and astrocytes protects dopaminergic neurons from inflammation-induced deathKaoru Saijo
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, California, CA 92093, USA
Cell 137:47-59. 2009b>Nurr1, an orphan nuclear receptor, plays an essential role in the generation and maintenance of dopaminergic neurons in the brain...
- Multiple roles of beta-catenin in controlling the neurogenic niche for midbrain dopamine neuronsMianzhi Tang
VA Medical Center and Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Development 136:2027-38. 2009..They also suggest that beta-catenin-mediated signaling pathways can be targeted to promote and expand DA neurons in cell-based therapeutic strategies...
- Identification of Dlk1, Ptpru and Klhl1 as novel Nurr1 target genes in meso-diencephalic dopamine neuronsFrank M J Jacobs
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 136:2363-73. 2009The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is essential for the development of meso-diencephalic dopamine (mdDA) neurons and is required, together with the homeobox transcription factor Pitx3, for the expression of genes involved in dopamine ..
- Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 and dopamine transporter are molecular targets of Pitx3 in the ventral midbrain dopamine neuronsDong Youn Hwang
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA, USA
J Neurochem 111:1202-12. 2009..As the two genes have been known to be regulated by Nurr1, another key dopaminergic transcription factor, we propose that Pitx3 and Nurr1 may coordinately regulate mDA ..
- Delayed dopaminergic neuron differentiation in Lrp6 mutant miceGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Dyn 239:211-21. 2010..A transient 50% reduction in tyrosine hydroxylase-positive DA neurons and in the expression of DA markers such as Nurr1 and Pitx3, as well as a defect in midbrain morphogenesis was detected in the mutant embryos at embryonic day 11.5...
- Wnt1-lmx1a forms a novel autoregulatory loop and controls midbrain dopaminergic differentiation synergistically with the SHH-FoxA2 pathwaySangmi Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Program in Neuroscience, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Cell Stem Cell 5:646-58. 2009..We found that the Wnt1-Lmx1a autoregulatory loop directly regulates Otx2 through the beta-catenin complex and Nurr1 and Pitx3 through Lmx1a...
- Lmx1a and Lmx1b cooperate with Foxa2 to coordinate the specification of dopaminergic neurons and control of floor plate cell differentiation in the developing mesencephalonTomoya Nakatani
KAN Research Institute Inc, Kobe MI R and D Center, 6 7 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Biol 339:101-13. 2010....
- Interactions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and sonic hedgehog regulate the neurogenesis of ventral midbrain dopamine neuronsMianzhi Tang
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco and Pathology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Neurosci 30:9280-91. 2010..two mechanisms and how such interactions can be targeted to promote a maximal production of dopamine neurons are not fully understood...
- Otx2 controls neuron subtype identity in ventral tegmental area and antagonizes vulnerability to MPTPMichela Di Salvio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Nat Neurosci 13:1481-8. 2010..These findings indicate that Otx2 is required to specify neuron subtype identity in VTA and may antagonize vulnerability to the Parkinsonian toxin MPTP...
- The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 restricts the proliferation of haematopoietic stem cellsOlga Sirin
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:1213-9. 2010..Here, we demonstrate that Nurr1, a nuclear receptor transcription factor, has such a regulatory role...
- The nuclear orphan receptor Nr4a2 induces Foxp3 and regulates differentiation of CD4+ T cellsTakashi Sekiya
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nat Commun 2:269. 2011..Here we show that Foxp3 is one of the direct targets of Nr4a2. Nr4a2 binds to regulatory regions of Foxp3, where it mediates permissive histone modifications...
- Retinoic acid-dependent and -independent gene-regulatory pathways of Pitx3 in meso-diencephalic dopaminergic neuronsFrank M J Jacobs
Rudolf Magnus Institute, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 138:5213-22. 2011Development of meso-diencephalic dopamine (mdDA) neurons requires the combined actions of the orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 and the paired-like homeobox transcription factor Pitx3...
- Wnt5a cooperates with canonical Wnts to generate midbrain dopaminergic neurons in vivo and in stem cellsEmma R Andersson
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center of Developmental Biology for Regenerative Medicine, and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm 171 77, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E602-10. 2013..Analysis of Wnt1(-/-);Wnt5a(-/-) mice revealed a greater loss of Nurr1(+) cells and DA neurons than in single mutants, indicating that Wnt1 and Wnt5a interact genetically and cooperate ..
- Dynamic temporal requirement of Wnt1 in midbrain dopamine neuron developmentJasmine Yang
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, 70 Ship Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Development 140:1342-52. 2013..between the one-somite and the six- to eight-somite stages and is solely dependent on Wnt1 function in the Mb, but not in the Cb...
- Elevated locomotor activity without altered striatal dopamine contents in Nurr1 heterozygous mice after acute exposure to methamphetamineCristina Backman
Cellular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21221, USA
Behav Brain Res 143:95-100. 2003Gene targeting experiments, in which both alleles of the Nurr1 gene were deleted, have shown that this molecule plays an essential role in the development of midbrain dopaminergic neurons, as shown by the loss of dopaminergic markers and ..
- Congenital hypoventilation and impaired hypoxic response in Nurr1 mutant miceElise Nsegbe
Karolinska Institutet, Neonatal Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Physiol 556:43-59. 2004b>Nurr1, a transcription factor belonging to the family of nuclear receptors, is expressed at high levels immediately after birth...
- Nitric oxide mediates increased susceptibility to dopaminergic damage in Nurr1 heterozygous miceSyed Z Imam
South Texas Veteran Health Care System and Department of Medicine of UT Health Science, San Antonio, Texas, USA
FASEB J 19:1441-50. 2005Knocking out of Nurr1 gene, a member of nuclear receptor superfamily, causes selective agenesis of dopaminergic neurons in midbrain...
- Cxcl12/Cxcr4 signaling controls the migration and process orientation of A9-A10 dopaminergic neuronsShanzheng Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Scheeles vag 1, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Development 140:4554-64. 2013..here that Cxcl12 is expressed in the meninges surrounding the ventral midbrain (VM), whereas CXCR4 is present in NURR1(+) mDA precursors and mDA neurons from E10.5 to E14.5...
- Cortical and Clonal Contribution of Tbr2 Expressing Progenitors in the Developing Mouse BrainNavneet A Vasistha
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Cereb Cortex 25:3290-302. 2015The individual contribution of different progenitor subtypes towards the mature rodent cerebral cortex is not fully understood...
- Nurr1 regulates Top IIβ and functions in axon genesis of mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsXin Heng
Institute of Neurology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Mol Neurodegener 7:4. 2012NURR1 (also named as NR4A2) is a member of the steroid/thyroid hormone receptor family, which can bind to DNA and modulate expression of target genes...
- miR-132 regulates the differentiation of dopamine neurons by directly targeting Nurr1 expressionDehua Yang
Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Cell Sci 125:1673-82. 2012..of dopamine neurons by directly regulating the expression of Nurr1 (also known as nuclear receptor subfamily 4 group A member 2; Nr4a2)...
- Snf2l regulates Foxg1-dependent progenitor cell expansion in the developing brainDarren J Yip
Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Dev Cell 22:871-8. 2012..We demonstrate that Snf2l binds to the Foxg1 locus at midneurogenesis and that the phenotype is rescued by reducing Foxg1 dosage, thus revealing that Snf2l and Foxg1 function antagonistically to regulate brain size...
- Foxa1 and foxa2 are required for the maintenance of dopaminergic properties in ventral midbrain neurons at late embryonic stagesSimon R W Stott
Developmental Neurobiology, Medical Research Council National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 33:8022-34. 2013..Further analysis demonstrated that the reduction in the number of TH+ cells in the mutant mice was not due to apoptosis or cell-fate change...
- Organization, sequence, chromosomal localization, and promoter identification of the mouse orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 geneS O Castillo
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1766, USA
Genomics 41:250-7. 1997We have cloned and characterized the organization of the mouse orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 gene. The Nurr1 gene is approximately 7 kb long, contains eight exons and seven introns, and mapped to mouse chromosome 2...
- An isoform of Nurr1 functions as a negative inhibitor of the NGFI-B family signalingN Ohkura
Growth Factor Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1444:69-79. 1999NGFI-B, Nurr1 and NOR-1 constitute a distinct subfamily within the nuclear receptor superfamily...
- Distribution of the orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 in medaka (Oryzias latipes): cues to the definition of homologous cell groups in the vertebrate brainM Kapsimali
Development, Evolution, and Plasticity of the Nervous System, UPR 2197, Institut de Neurobiologie A Fessard, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, 91198 France
J Comp Neurol 431:276-92. 2001The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 has been extensively studied in mammals and shown to contribute to the differentiation of several cell phenotypes in the nervous and endocrine systems...
- Induction of stereotypy in dopamine-deficient mice requires striatal D1 receptor activationE H Chartoff
Graduate Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10451-6. 2001..WT mice were unaffected by C/L-DOPA treatments. A D1, but not a D2, receptor antagonist attenuated both the C/L-DOPA-induced stereotypy and the c-fos induction...
- Generation of tyrosine hydroxylase-immunoreactive neurons in ventral mesencephalic tissue of Nurr1 deficient miceNina Tornqvist
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 133:37-47. 2002b>Nurr1 is an orphan nuclear receptor belonging to the family of evolutionary conserved steroid/thyroid hormone receptors...
- Murine Lix1, a novel marker for substantia nigra, cortical layer 5, and hindbrain structuresCarsten Moeller
Max Planck Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Hanover 30625, Germany
Brain Res Gene Expr Patterns 1:199-203. 2002..Limb buds and facial primordia show transient expression. The prominent expression of mLix1 in the developing cerebral cortex and in the substantia nigra pars compacta makes this novel gene a candidate marker for both of these tissues...
- Regulation of the osteopontin gene by the orphan nuclear receptor NURR1 in osteoblastsJohanna Lammi
Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 18:1546-57. 2004The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is mainly expressed in the central nervous system but is also detected in certain peripheral tissues such as bone...
- Nuclear orphan receptor Nurr1 directly transactivates the osteocalcin gene in osteoblastsFlavia Q Pirih
Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences and Section of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53167-74. 2004b>Nurr1, an NGFI-B nuclear orphan receptor, which transactivates promoters through an NGFI-B response element (NBRE), is strongly induced by parathyroid hormone through the cAMP-protein kinase A signaling pathway in osteoblasts...
- The neuregulin receptor, ErbB4, is not required for normal development and adult maintenance of the substantia nigra pars compactaSandrine Thuret
Interdisciplinary Center for Neuroscience, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurochem 91:1302-11. 2004..mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons, found in the substantia nigra and in a subregion of the ventral tegmentum but not in the retrorubral field...
- MSKs are required for the transcription of the nuclear orphan receptors Nur77, Nurr1 and Nor1 downstream of MAPK signallingJoanne Darragh
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 390:749-59. 2005..MSKs were also found to be required for the transcription of two genes related to Nur77, Nurr1 and Nor1, which were also transcribed in a CREB- or ATF1 (activating transcription factor-1)-dependent manner...
- Neurogenin2 identifies a transplantable dopamine neuron precursor in the developing ventral mesencephalonLachlan H Thompson
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Experimental Medical Science, and Lund Strategic Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, BMC A11, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Exp Neurol 198:183-98. 2006..The results show that surviving mesDA neurons in VM grafts are derived from early postmitotic, probably Nurr1-expressing precursors before they have acquired their fully differentiated neuronal phenotype...
- Regulation of osteoblast differentiation by Nurr1 in MC3T3-E1 cell line and mouse calvarial osteoblastsMi Kyeong Lee
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cell Biochem 99:986-94. 2006The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is primarily expressed in the central nervous system. It has been shown that Nurr1 is necessary for terminal differentiation of dopaminergic (DA) neurons in ventral midbrain...
- Reduced tyrosine hydroxylase and GTP cyclohydrolase mRNA expression, tyrosine hydroxylase activity, and associated neurochemical alterations in Nurr1-null heterozygous miceJeffrey B Eells
National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res Bull 70:186-95. 2006The nuclear receptor Nurr1 is essential for the development of midbrain dopamine neurons and appears to be an important regulator of dopamine levels as adult Nurr1-null heterozygous (+/-) mice have reduced mesolimbic/mesocortical ..
- A novel mode of tangential migration of cortical projection neuronsOlga Britanova
Department of Molecular Biology of Neuronal Signals, Max Plank Institute for Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Dev Biol 298:299-311. 2006..that these neurons are derived from Emx1+ cortical progenitors and express the transcription factor Satb2 but do not express GABA or Olig1...
- SOX5 controls the sequential generation of distinct corticofugal neuron subtypesTina Lai
MGH HMS Center for Nervous System Repair, Department of Neurosurgery, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuron 57:232-47. 2008..These data indicate that SOX5 controls the timing of critical fate decisions during corticofugal neuron production and thus subtype-specific differentiation and neocortical neuron diversity...
- FGF-8 stimulates the expression of NR4A orphan nuclear receptors in osteoblastsJohanna Lammi
Institute of Biomedicine Physiology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, P O Box 63, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 295:87-93. 2008b>Nurr1, NGFI-B, and Nor1 form the NR4A subfamily of orphan nuclear receptors. The NR4A receptors are immediate early genes that can be rapidly induced in response to a variety of stimuli in many cell types, for example, in osteoblasts...
- Inhibition of adipocyte differentiation by Nur77, Nurr1, and Nor1Lily C Chao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1662, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:2596-608. 2008..Retroviral transduction of each of the NR4A receptors (Nur77, Nurr1, and NOR1) into either 3T3-L1 or 3T3-F442A preadipocytes potently inhibits adipogenesis...
- Lmx1b-controlled isthmic organizer is essential for development of midbrain dopaminergic neuronsChao Guo
Institute of Neuroscience, Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Neurosci 28:14097-106. 2008..We found that mDA neurons revealed by tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), Pitx3, Nurr1, and dopamine transporter were indistinguishable from wild-type controls during embryonic development as well as ..
- Nurr1 expression and its modulation in microgliaXiaolan Fan
Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Neuroimmunomodulation 16:162-70. 2009b>Nurr1, a transcription factor essential for the differentiation and maturation of central dopaminergic cells, is primarily expressed in neurons of the central nervous system...
- Beta-adrenergic signaling regulates NR4A nuclear receptor and metabolic gene expression in multiple tissuesStephen A Myers
The University of Queensland, Institute for Molecular Biosciences, QBP, St Lucia, Queensland, 4072, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:101-8. 2009..hormone receptor (NR) 4A subgroup of orphan nuclear receptors includes three members, Nur77 (NR4A1), Nurr1 (NR4A2) and Nor-1 (NR4A3)...
- Fzd3 and Fzd6 deficiency results in a severe midbrain morphogenesis defectSebastian Stuebner
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Centre Munich, German Research Centre for Environmental Health, and Technical University Munich, Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen DZNE, Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 239:246-60. 2010..Fzd3 and Fzd6 thus control proper midbrain morphogenesis by a yet unknown mechanism in the mouse...
- Involvement of nuclear factor-kB and Nurr-1 in cytokine-induced transcription of proopiomelanocortin gene in AtT20 corticotroph cellsShinobu Takayasu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Neuroimmunomodulation 17:88-96. 2010..We examined whether transcription factors nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB and Nurr-1 are involved in the cytokine-induced proopiomelanocortin (POMC) gene expression...
- Rapid increase of Nurr1 mRNA expression in limbic and cortical brain structures related to coping with depression-like behavior in micePatricia Rojas
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci Res 88:2284-93. 2010The immediate-early gene Nurr1 is a member of the inducible orphan nuclear receptor family...
- NR4A orphan nuclear receptors as mediators of CREB-dependent neuroprotectionNikolaos Volakakis
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12317-22. 2010..These data identify NR4A nuclear orphan receptors as essential mediators of neuroprotection after exposure to neuropathological stress...
- Genome-wide gene expression profiling of the Angelman syndrome mice with Ube3a mutationDaren Low
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 60 Nanyang Drive, Singapore, Singapore
Eur J Hum Genet 18:1228-35. 2010..quantitative reverse-transcription PCR, we validated the differential expression of genes (Fgf7, Glra1, Mc1r, Nr4a2, Slc5a7 and Epha6) that show functional relevance to AS phenotype...
- Expression of dopamine pathway genes in the midbrain is independent of known ETS transcription factor activityShirong Wang
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Neurosci 30:9224-7. 2010..Here we show that Etv5 expression is not detectable until postnatal stages in the midbrain, well after development of the DA system, and that Etv5 knock-out ..
- Identification of NURR1 as a mediator of MIF signaling during chronic arthritis: effects on glucocorticoid-induced MKP1Jennifer A Ralph
Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University, Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Rd, Clayton, Melbourne 3168, Australia
Am J Pathol 177:2366-78. 2010..We investigated NURR1, a GC-responsive transcription factor overexpressed in RA, as a MIF signaling target...
- Spatial and temporal requirements for sonic hedgehog in the regulation of thalamic interneuron identityYongsu Jeong
Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Life Science and Graduate School of Biotechnology, Kyung Hee University, Yongin si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Development 138:531-41. 2011..In SBE1 mutant mice, Shh transcription was initiated but not maintained in the ventral midline of the rostral midbrain and caudal diencephalon, yet expression in the zli was ..
- Cross-talk between NR4A orphan nuclear receptors and β-catenin signaling pathway in osteoblastsAnn Marie Rajalin
Institute of Biomedicine Physiology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Arch Biochem Biophys 509:44-51. 2011..NR4A orphan nuclear receptors (Nurr1, NGFI-B, and Nor1) are expressed in osteoblasts and have been shown to regulate the expression of osteoblastic ..
- Differential regulation of Nr4a subfamily nuclear receptors following mast cell activationAnders Lundequist
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Dept of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, BMC, Box 575, 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Immunol 48:1753-61. 2011..In response to purified LPS, strong upregulation of Nr4a3, but not of Nr4a1 or Nr4a2 was seen. Nr4a3 expression was also induced after the activation of BMMCs by IgE receptor cross-linking...
- Relationship between sensorimotor gating deficits and dopaminergic neuroanatomy in Nurr1-deficient miceStéphanie Vuillermot
Laboratory of Behavioural Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Exp Neurol 232:22-32. 2011Nurr1 (NR4A2) is an orphan nuclear receptor highly essential for the development and maintenance of dopaminergic neurons...
- NOT, a human immediate-early response gene closely related to the steroid/thyroid hormone receptor NAK1/TR3H W Mages
Max Planck Society Research Unit for Immunology Rheumatology, Erlangen, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 8:1583-91. 1994..Sequence comparison revealed that NOT is the human homolog of the murine NURR1 and rat RNR-1. Moreover NOT is closely related to NAK1/TR3, a previously identified human orphan steroid receptor...
- HZF-3, an immediate-early orphan receptor homologous to NURR1/NOT: induction upon membrane depolarization and seizuresS PENA DE ORTIZ
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45267 0056, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 38:1-13. 1996..HZF-3 cDNA encodes a 66.6-kDa protein with high homology to the inducible nuclear orphan receptors NURR1/NOT and NGFI-B...
- Retinoid X receptor heterodimerization and developmental expression distinguish the orphan nuclear receptors NGFI-B, Nurr1, and Nor1R H Zetterström
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 10:1656-66. 1996NGFI-B, Nurr1, and Nor1 are three closely related orphan members of the steroid/thyroid hormone receptor superfamily. These receptors can bind to DNA as monomers and exhibit constitutive transcriptional activity...
- Cloning and structural organization of the gene encoding the murine nuclear receptor transcription factor, NURR1O Saucedo-Cardenas
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gene 187:135-9. 1997b>NURR1 is an immediate early gene product and a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily of transcription factors. Using the NURR1 cDNA as a probe, we isolated the genomic DNA encoding NURR1 from a mouse 129SvEv genomic library...
- Selective increase of Nurr1 mRNA expression in mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons of D2 dopamine receptor-deficient miceK Y Tseng
Departamento de Fisiologia y Biofisica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 80:1-6. 2000The orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 is critical for the survival of mesencephalic dopaminergic precursor neurons. Little is known about the mechanisms that regulate Nurr1 expression in vivo...
- Proteome analysis in mice expressing P301L tauIrving Vega; Fiscal Year: 2005..These approaches may contribute to the identification of important biological markers involved at early stages of the development of tauopathy and may bring insights into the molecular mechanism underline tau aggregation ..
- Identification of Genes for Alcohol Preference in Noninbred Rats and MicePaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..