Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nr1d2
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 1, group D, member 2
Alias: RVR, Rev-erb, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group D member 2, Rev-erb beta, orphan nuclear receptor RVR, rev-erb-beta
- Rev-erbbeta regulates the expression of genes involved in lipid absorption in skeletal muscle cells: evidence for cross-talk between orphan nuclear receptors and myokinesSathiya N Ramakrishnan
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Division of Molecular Genetics and Development, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:8651-9. 2005..In conclusion, we speculate that selective modulators of Rev-erbbeta may have therapeutic utility in the treatment of dyslipidemia and regulation of muscle growth...
- Redundant function of REV-ERBalpha and beta and non-essential role for Bmal1 cycling in transcriptional regulation of intracellular circadian rhythmsAndrew C Liu
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000023. 2008..Since REV-ERB function and Bmal1 mRNA/protein cycling are not necessary for basic clock function, we propose that the major role of the ROR/REV/Bmal1 loop and its constituents is to control rhythmic transcription of clock output genes...
- Regulation of adipogenesis by natural and synthetic REV-ERB ligandsNaresh Kumar
The Scripps Research Institute, 130 Scripps Way 2A1, Jupiter, FL 33458, USA
Endocrinology 151:3015-25. 2010..Moreover, synthetic small molecule ligands for REV-ERB are effective modulators of adipogenesis and may be useful for treatment of metabolic diseases...
- Cross-talk among ROR alpha 1 and the Rev-erb family of orphan nuclear receptorsB M Forman
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, San Diego, California 92186 5800
Mol Endocrinol 8:1253-61. 1994..When coexpressed, both Rev-erb isoforms suppress the transcriptional activity of ROR alpha 1. Our data define Rev-erb and ROR/RZR as a family of related receptors with opposing activities on overlapping regulatory networks...
- Tissue damage drives co-localization of NF-κB, Smad3, and Nrf2 to direct Rev-erb sensitive wound repair in mouse macrophagesDawn Z Eichenfield
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, United States
elife 5:. 2016..Rev-erb-sensitive enhancers thereby integrate multiple damage-activated signaling pathways to promote a wound repair phenotype. ..
- De Novo and Rare Variants at Multiple Loci Support the Oligogenic Origins of Atrioventricular Septal Heart DefectsJames R Priest
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1005963. 2016..coexpression networks with inheritance modeling, we identify a de novo mutation in the DNA binding domain of NR1D2 (p.R175W). We show that p...
- Pharmacological and Genetic Modulation of REV-ERB Activity and Expression Affects Orexigenic Gene ExpressionAriadna Amador
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0151014. 2016..Finally, REV-ERBβ-deficient mice present with increased orexinergic transcripts. These data suggest that the REV-ERBs may be involved in the repression of orexinergic gene expression. ..
- Identification of a novel circadian clock modulator controlling BMAL1 expression through a ROR/REV-ERB-response element-dependent mechanismJiyeon Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology DGIST, Daegu, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:580-6. 2016..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that KK-S6 functions as a novel modulator of the amplitude of molecular circadian rhythms by influencing RORE-mediated BMAL1 expression. ..
- GENE REGULATION. Discrete functions of nuclear receptor Rev-erbα couple metabolism to the clockYuxiang Zhang
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Department of Genetics, and The Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 348:1488-92. 2015....
- Pharmacological targeting of the mammalian clock regulates sleep architecture and emotional behaviourSubhashis Banerjee
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, Florida 33458, USA
Nat Commun 5:5759. 2014..These results indicate that pharmacological targeting of REV-ERB may lead to the development of novel therapeutics to treat sleep disorders and anxiety. ..
- Interferon regulatory factor 8 (IRF8) interacts with the B cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) corepressor BCORJeongheon Yoon
From the Laboratory of Immunogenetics, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852 and
J Biol Chem 289:34250-7. 2014..Taken together, these data suggest that a complex comprising BCOR-BCL6-IRF8 modulates BCL6-associated transcriptional regulation of germinal center B cell function. ..
- Impact of circadian nuclear receptor REV-ERBα on midbrain dopamine production and mood regulationSooyoung Chung
Department of Biological Sciences and Brain Research Center for 21st Frontier Program in Neuroscience, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Cell 157:858-68. 2014..In conclusion, we identified a molecular connection between the circadian timing system and mood regulation, suggesting that REV-ERBα could be targeting in the treatment of circadian rhythm-related affective disorders...
- TH17 cell differentiation is regulated by the circadian clockXiaofei Yu
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 342:727-30. 2013..Light-cycle disruption elevated intestinal T(H)17 cell frequencies and increased susceptibility to inflammatory disease. Thus, lineage specification of a key immune cell is under direct circadian control...
- Real-time analysis of the circadian oscillation of the Rev-Erb β promoterFang Yang
Department of Neurology, Meitan General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Atheroscler Thromb 20:267-76. 2013..The molecular mechanisms of the transcriptional regulation of Rev-Erb β that generate and determine the phase of the circadian oscillation remain unclear...
- Rev-erbα and Rev-erbβ coordinately protect the circadian clock and normal metabolic functionAnne Bugge
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Department of Genetics, The Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 26:657-67. 2012....
- Regulation of circadian behaviour and metabolism by REV-ERB-α and REV-ERB-βHan Cho
Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 485:123-7. 2012....
- CIA, a novel estrogen receptor coactivator with a bifunctional nuclear receptor interacting determinantF Sauve
Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1
Mol Cell Biol 21:343-53. 2001..effort to identify novel coregulators that function independently of AF-2, we used the LBD of the orphan receptor RVR (which lacks AF-2) as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen...
- The early expression of Rev-erbbeta occurs in the developing nervous system of mouse embryoM Huchet
Neurobiologie moleculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 44:553-6. 1998..These results suggest that Rev-erbbeta may have different roles at the different stages of mouse development, with a more specific role in the nervous system at earlier stages...
- Rev-erb beta regulates the Srebp-1c promoter and mRNA expression in skeletal muscle cellsSathiya N Ramakrishnan
The University of Queensland, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:654-9. 2009..These data suggest that Rev-erb beta has the potential to activate gene expression, and is a positive regulator of Srebp-1c, a regulator of lipogenesis...
- The circadian clock component BMAL1 is a critical regulator of p21WAF1/CIP1 expression and hepatocyte proliferationAline Grechez-Cassiau
Laboratoire de biologie et physiopathologie des systèmes intégrés, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Biol Chem 283:4535-42. 2008..These data establish a novel molecular link between clock and cell cycle genes and suggest that the G1 progression phase is a target of the circadian clock during liver cell proliferation...
- Identification of RVR, a novel orphan nuclear receptor that acts as a negative transcriptional regulatorR Retnakaran
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 8:1234-44. 1994..alpha gene product (97% and 68% identity in the DNA- and ligand-binding domains, respectively) and referred to as RVR. Northern blot analysis reveals that two RVR mRNA species are expressed during mouse embryogenesis and widely ..