Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nptx2
Description: neuronal pentraxin 2
Alias: Narp, np2, neuronal pentraxin-2, NP-II, neuro activity regulated petaxin, neuronal pentraxin II
- Narp, a novel member of the pentraxin family, promotes neurite outgrowth and is dynamically regulated by neuronal activityC C Tsui
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 16:2463-78. 1996..We have termed this gene and the encoded protein Narp (from neuronal activity-regulated pentraxin)...
- Neuronal pentraxins mediate synaptic refinement in the developing visual systemLisa Bjartmar
Department of Neurosciences, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Neurosci 26:6269-81. 2006..Retinas from mice lacking NP1 and NP2 had cholinergically driven waves of activity that occurred at a frequency similar to that of wild-type mice, but ..
- Interaction of the N-terminal domain of the AMPA receptor GluR4 subunit with the neuronal pentraxin NP1 mediates GluR4 synaptic recruitmentGek Ming Sia
Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 55:87-102. 2007..Our results indicate that NP1 and NPR secreted from presynaptic neurons bind to the GluR4 NTD and are critical trans-synaptic factors for GluR4 recruitment to synapses...
- Pentraxins coordinate excitatory synapse maturation and circuit integration of parvalbumin interneuronsKenneth A Pelkey
Program in Developmental Neuroscience, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 35 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Neuron 85:1257-72. 2015..upregulate GluA4 during the second postnatal week coincident with increases in the AMPAR clustering proteins NPTX2 and NPTXR...
- Gene expression analyses identify Narp contribution in the development of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaFanny Charbonnier-Beaupel
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris, France, INSERM, UMR S 1127, ICM, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France, CNRS, UMR 7225, 75013 Paris, France, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Pharmacy, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 35:96-111. 2015..The intersection list identified five genes: FosB, Th, Nptx2, Nedd4l, and Ccrn4l. Nptx2 encodes neuronal pentraxin II (or neuronal activity-regulated pentraxin, Narp), which is involved in the clustering of glutamate ..
- Selective expression of Narp in primary nociceptive neurons: role in microglia/macrophage activation following nerve injuryM Miskimon
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, United States
J Neuroimmunol 274:86-95. 2014Neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) is a secreted protein implicated in regulating synaptic plasticity via its association with the extracellular surface of AMPA receptors...
- Narp knockout mice show normal reactivity to novelty but attenuated recovery from neophobiaAshley M Blouin
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 257:178-81. 2013b>Narp knockout (KO) mice demonstrate cognitive inflexibility and addictive behavior, which are associated with abnormal reactivity to a novel stimulus...
- Obligatory role for the immediate early gene NARP in critical period plasticityYu Gu
Neuroscience and Cognitive Sciences Program, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Neuron 79:335-46. 2013The immediate early gene neuronal activity-regulated pentraxin (NARP) is an α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptor (AMPAR) binding protein that is specifically enriched at excitatory synapses onto fast-spiking ..
- Derepression of a neuronal inhibitor due to miRNA dysregulation in a schizophrenia-related microdeletionBin Xu
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cell 152:262-75. 2013..Reduction of miR-185 also has milder age- and region-specific effects on the expression of some Golgi-related genes. Our findings illuminate the contribution of microRNAs in psychiatric disorders and cognitive dysfunction...
- Neuronal pentraxins mediate silent synapse conversion in the developing visual systemSelina M Koch
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 30:5404-14. 2010..Here we report that the loss of NP1 and NP2 (NP1/2) leads to a dramatic and specific reduction in AMPAR-mediated transmission at developing visual system ..
- Localized disruption of Narp in medial prefrontal cortex blocks reinforcer devaluation performanceAlexander W Johnson
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Learn Mem 17:620-6. 2010Neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) is a secreted protein that regulates α-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionate receptors (AMPAR) aggregation and synaptogenesis...
- Narp regulates homeostatic scaling of excitatory synapses on parvalbumin-expressing interneuronsMichael C Chang
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1090-7. 2010..The immediate-early gene Narp (neuronal activity-regulated pentraxin) encodes a secreted synaptic protein that can bind to and induce clustering ..
- Narp deletion blocks extinction of morphine place preference conditioningHans S Crombag
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Neurogenetics and Behavior Center, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:857-66. 2009..As Narp is secreted at synaptic sites and binds to the extracellular surface of AMPA receptors, it has been implicated in ..
- Activity-dependent secretion of neuronal activity regulated pentraxin from vasopressin neurons into the systemic circulationI M Reti
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroscience 151:352-60. 2008Neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) is a secreted, synaptic protein that has been implicated in modulating synaptic transmission. However, it is unclear how Narp secretion is regulated...
- A selective role for neuronal activity regulated pentraxin in the processing of sensory-specific incentive valueAlexander W Johnson
Neurogenetics and Behavior Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Neurosci 27:13430-5. 2007Neuronal activity regulated pentraxin (Narp) is a secreted neuronal product which clusters AMPA receptors and regulates excitatory synaptogenesis. Although Narp is selectively enriched in brain, its role in behavior is not known...
- Allocation of paraventricular and supraoptic neurons requires Sim1 function: a role for a Sim1 downstream gene PlexinC1Cheng Xu
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 3520 San Martin Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1234-45. 2007..Together, our results uncover a transcriptional regulation of neuronal migration cues initiated by Sim1 that contribute to the organization of the PVN and SON...
- Dual role for LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2 in the formation of the lateral olfactory tractBhaskar Saha
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005, India
J Neurosci 27:2290-7. 2007..In addition, the expression of Sema6A is aberrantly upregulated. Together, these findings reveal a dual role for Lhx2, in the OB as well as in the lateral telencephalon, for establishing the LOT projection...
- Biochemical interactions of the neuronal pentraxins. Neuronal pentraxin (NP) receptor binds to taipoxin and taipoxin-associated calcium-binding protein 49 via NP1 and NP2L L Kirkpatrick
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 275:17786-92. 2000Neuronal pentraxin 1 (NP1), neuronal pentraxin 2 (NP2), and neuronal pentraxin receptor (NPR) are members of a new family of proteins identified through interaction with a presynaptic snake venom toxin taipoxin...
- Narp Expression and Drugs of AbuseIrving Reti; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the molecular mechanisms mediating these changes are unclear. Recent studies have identified Narp as an immediate early gene involved in clustering AMPA receptor subunits at synaptic sites...