Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nos3
Description: nitric oxide synthase 3, endothelial cell
Alias: 2310065A03Rik, Nos-3, eNOS, ecNOS, nitric oxide synthase, endothelial, EC-NOS, NOS type III, NOSIII, cNOS, constitutive NOS, endothelial NOS, endothelial nitric oxide synthase
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- The adverse cardiopulmonary phenotype of caveolin-1 deficient mice is mediated by a dysfunctional endotheliumCarsten Wunderlich
University of Technology Dresden, Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Medical Clinic, Fetscherstr 76, Dresden 01307, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:938-47. 2008..A plethora of studies support a role of cav-1 as a negative regulator of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS). Accordingly, constitutive eNOS hyperactivation was observed in cav-1(-/-)...
- Follistatin-like 1, a secreted muscle protein, promotes endothelial cell function and revascularization in ischemic tissue through a nitric-oxide synthase-dependent mechanismNoriyuki Ouchi
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32802-11. 2008..density in the ischemic hind limbs of wild-type mice, and this was associated with an increase in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) phosphorylation at residue Ser-1179...
- Overexpression of eNOS prevents the development of renovascular hypertension in miceAgata L Gava
Laboratory of Transgenes and Cardiovascular Control, Physiological Sciences Graduate Program, Health Sciences Center, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Avenida Marechal Campos 1468, Vitoria, ES 29043 900, Brazil
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 86:458-64. 2008..In the present study we investigated the effects of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) overexpression on renovascular hypertension...
- Liver receptor homolog 1 is essential for ovulationRajesha Duggavathi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, 67404 Illkirch, France
Genes Dev 22:1871-6. 2008..These results demonstrate that Lrh1 is a regulator of multiple mechanisms essential for maturation of ovarian follicles and for ovulation. Lrh1 is therefore a key modulator of female fertility and a potential target for contraception...
- Nitric oxide synthases are crucially involved in the development of the severe cardiomyopathy of caveolin-1 knockout miceCarsten Wunderlich
University of Technology Dresden, Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Medical Clinic, Fetscherstr 76, Dresden 01307, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:769-74. 2008..Mounting evidence indicates that cav-1 acts as a negative regulator of endothelial nitric oxide synthase resulting in a constitutive hyperactivation of the nitric oxide (NO)-pathway in cav-1 knockout mice (..
- Direct interaction of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase and caveolin-1 inhibits synthase activityH Ju
Vascular Biology Center, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 272:18522-5. 1997Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) and caveolin-1 are associated within endothelial plasmalemmal caveolae...
- Disrupted cardiac development but normal hematopoiesis in mice deficient in the second CXCL12/SDF-1 receptor, CXCR7Frederic Sierro
Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14759-64. 2007..Our results reveal a specialized role for CXCR7 in endothelial biology and valve development and highlight the distinct developmental role of evolutionary conserved chemokine receptors such as CXCR7 and CXCR4...
- Diabetic impairments in NO-mediated endothelial progenitor cell mobilization and homing are reversed by hyperoxia and SDF-1 alphaKatherine A Gallagher
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 117:1249-59. 2007..Since mobilization of BM EPCs occurs via eNOS activation, we hypothesized that eNOS activation is impaired in diabetes, which results in reduced EPC mobilization...
- Insulin resistance, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension in mice lacking endothelial nitric oxide synthaseH Duplain
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Circulation 104:342-5. 2001Insulin resistance and arterial hypertension are related, but the underlying mechanism is unknown. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is expressed in skeletal muscle, where it may govern metabolic processes, and in the vascular ..
- A noninhibitory mutant of the caveolin-1 scaffolding domain enhances eNOS-derived NO synthesis and vasodilation in micePascal Bernatchez
Providence Heart and Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital, James Hogg Research Centre, 1081 Burrard St, Room 166, Vancouver BC Canada, V6Z 1Y6
J Clin Invest 121:3747-55. 2011Aberrant regulation of eNOS and associated NO release are directly linked with various vascular diseases. Caveolin-1 (Cav-1), the main coat protein of caveolae, is highly expressed in endothelial cells...
- Diabetic eNOS knockout mice develop distinct macro- and microvascular complicationsSumathy Mohan
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Lab Invest 88:515-28. 2008Functional consequences of impaired endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity causing organ-specific abnormalities on a diabetic setting are not completely understood...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase deficiency produces accelerated nephropathy in diabetic miceHui John Zhao
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, C 3121 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2664-9. 2006Functionally significant polymorphisms in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and reduced vascular eNOS activity have been associated with increased human diabetic nephropathy (DN), but the pathogenic role of eNOS deficiency in the ..
- Hyperglycaemia-induced superoxide production decreases eNOS expression via AP-1 activation in aortic endothelial cellsS Srinivasan
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Diabetologia 47:1727-34. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity by acute and chronic elevated glucose.
- Deficient platelet-derived nitric oxide and enhanced hemostasis in mice lacking the NOSIII geneJ E Freedman
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Circ Res 84:1416-21. 1999b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) has been identified in human platelets...
- Trans-arachidonic acids generated during nitrative stress induce a thrombospondin-1-dependent microvascular degenerationElsa Kermorvant-Duchemin
Department of Pediatrics, Ophthalmology and Pharmacology, Research Center, Hopital Ste Justine, 3175 Côte de Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3T1C5, Canada
Nat Med 11:1339-45. 2005....
- Effects of 5-cyclopropyl-2-[1-(2-fluoro-benzyl)-1H-pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridine-3-yl]pyrimidin-4-ylamine (BAY 41-2272) on smooth muscle tone, soluble guanylyl cyclase activity, and NADPH oxidase activity/expression in corpus cavernosum from wild-type, neuronalCleber E Teixeira
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:1093-102. 2007..with nitric oxide (NO) in the corpus cavernosum (CC) from wild-type (WT), endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS)(-/-), and neuronal (n)NOS(-/-) mice...
- Endothelial injury due to eNOS deficiency accelerates the progression of chronic renal disease in the mouseTakahiro Nakayama
Division of Nephrology, Univ of Colorado Denver, P O Box C281, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F317-27. 2009The vascular endothelium expresses endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) that generates nitric oxide (NO) to help maintain vascular integrity due to its anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative, and antithrombogenic effects...
- Recovery from hind limb ischemia is less effective in type 2 than in type 1 diabetic mice: roles of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and endothelial progenitor cellsJinglian Yan
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass 01655, USA
J Vasc Surg 50:1412-22. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that type 2 diabetic mice have a greater reduction in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression, a greater increase in oxidative stress, and reduced arteriogenesis and ..
- Platelet aggregation responses are critically regulated in vivo by endogenous nitric oxide but not by endothelial nitric oxide synthaseC Tymvios
Molecular Medicine Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Pharmacol 158:1735-42. 2009..In this paper we have investigated the roles of endogenous NO and NOS-3 in regulating platelet function in vivo and determined the functional contribution made by platelet-derived NO...
- Caveolin-1 deficiency dampens Toll-like receptor 4 signaling through eNOS activationMuhammad K Mirza
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2344-51. 2010..Here, using double mutant mice with genetic deletions of Cav1 and NOS3, we show that chronic endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activation secondary to loss of Cav1 serves a crucial immunomodulatory function through ..
- Overexpression of arginase in the aged mouse penis impairs erectile function and decreases eNOS activity: influence of in vivo gene therapy of anti-arginaseTrinity J Bivalacqua
Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1340-51. 2007..In addition, endothelial NOS (NOS3) protein abundance was greater in aged versus young penile endothelial cells, whereas NOS activity and ..
- Caveolin-1-eNOS signaling promotes p190RhoGAP-A nitration and endothelial permeabilityM Rizwan Siddiqui
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cell Biol 193:841-50. 2011..cells isolated from Cav-1(-/-) mice, we show that Cav-1 deficiency induced the activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and the generation of nitric oxide (NO) and peroxynitrite...
- Functional interplay between endothelial nitric oxide synthase and membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in migrating endothelial cellsLaura Genís
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid, Spain
Blood 110:2916-23. 2007..Endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) colocalizes with MT1-MMP at motility-associated structures in migratory human endothelial cells (ECs); moreover, ..
- Investigation of vascular responses in endothelial nitric oxide synthase/cyclooxygenase-1 double-knockout mice: key role for endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in the regulation of blood pressure in vivoRamona S Scotland
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Circulation 111:796-803. 2005..relaxation, we have generated mice in which the enzymes required for endothelial NO and PGI2 production, endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) and cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1), respectively, have been disrupted (eNOS-/- and COX-1-/- mice).
- Lack of endothelial nitric oxide synthase promotes endothelin-induced hypertension: lessons from endothelin-1 transgenic/endothelial nitric oxide synthase knockout miceThomas Quaschning
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:730-40. 2007..of the endothelial counterpart of ET-1, nitric oxide (NO), which is produced by the endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)...
- Lack of endothelial nitric oxide synthase aggravates murine accelerated anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritisP Heeringa
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7525, USA
Am J Pathol 156:879-88. 2000Nitric oxide (NO) radicals generated by endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) are involved in the regulation of vascular tone...
- NFkappaB and AP-1 differentially contribute to the induction of Mn-SOD and eNOS during the development of oxidant toleranceTao Rui
Vascular Cell Biology Laboratory, Centre for Critical Illness Research, Lawson Health Research Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 19:1908-10. 2005..Although NF-kappaB and AP-1 (nuclear signaling) and Mn-SOD and eNOS (effector enzymes) have been implicated in the development oxidant tolerance, the precise relationship between the ..
- Mitochondrial arginase II constrains endothelial NOS-3 activityHyun Kyo Lim
Department of Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3317-24. 2007..These data suggest that arginase II is predominantly confined to the mitochondria and that this mitochondrial arginase II regulates NO production, vascular endothelial function, and vascular stiffness by modulating NOS-3 activity...
- Over-expression of angiotensin II type 2 receptor (agtr2) reduces atherogenesis and modulates LOX-1, endothelial nitric oxide synthase and heme-oxygenase-1 expressionChangping Hu
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and VA Medical Center, Little Rock, AR 72205, United States
Atherosclerosis 199:288-94. 2008..Expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and heme-oxygenase-1 (HO-1) was decreased and that of the lectin-like oxidized-LDL receptor (..
- Caveolin-1 ablation reduces the adverse cardiovascular effects of N-omega-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester and angiotensin IILuminita H Pojoga
Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 151:1236-46. 2010..cav-1) is the main component of caveolae; cav-1 modulates enzymes and receptors, such as the endothelial nitric oxide synthase and the angiotensin II (AngII) type 1 receptor...
- Platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 regulates endothelial NO synthase activity and localization through signal transducers and activators of transcription 3-dependent NOSTRIN expressionMargaret E McCormick
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:643-9. 2011NO produced by the endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) is an important regulator of cardiovascular physiological and pathological features. eNOS is activated by numerous stimuli, and its activity is tightly regulated...
- Molecular mechanisms of activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase mediated by transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1Li Chieh Ching
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 91:492-501. 2011..underlying the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1), a Ca(2+)-permeable non-selective cation channel, in the activation of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS) in endothelial cells (ECs) and mice.
- Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 by dietary capsaicin delays the onset of stroke in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsXingsen Xu
Department of Hypertension and Endocrinology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Stroke 42:3245-51. 2011Previous studies show that endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) plays a prominent role in maintaining cerebral blood flow and preventing stroke. Capsaicin in hot pepper can increase the phosphorylation of eNOS in endothelial cells...
- [1,25(OH)(2)D(3) influences endothelial cell proliferation, apoptosis and endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression of aorta in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice]Wei Xiang
Department of Pediatrics, Hainan Provincial People s Hospital, Haikou, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 49:829-33. 2011To study possible influences of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) on endothelial cell proliferation, apoptosis and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression of aorta in apolipoprotein E-deficient (apoE(-/-)) mice and to explore the relationship ..
- Uncoupling of eNOS causes superoxide anion production and impairs NO signaling in the cerebral microvessels of hph-1 miceAnantha Vijay R Santhanam
Departments of Anesthesiology and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Neurochem 122:1211-8. 2012..to test the hypothesis that the loss of tetrahydrobiopterin (BH(4)) in cerebral microvessels causes endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) uncoupling, resulting in increased superoxide anion production and inhibition of endothelial ..
- Endothelin-1 inhibits thick ascending limb transport via Akt-stimulated nitric oxide productionMarcela Herrera
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1454-60. 2009..NO production by activating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), stimulating Akt activity, and phosphorylating NOS3 at Ser1177. This enhances NO production and inhibits sodium transport...
- Rapid nontranscriptional activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase mediates increased cerebral blood flow and stroke protection by corticosteroidsFlorian P Limbourg
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1729-38. 2002..20 mg/kg intraperitoneally), given within 2 hours of transient cerebral ischemia, acutely increased endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity, augmented regional cerebral blood flow (CBF) by 40% to 50%, and reduced cerebral ..
- Attenuation of angiotensin II signaling recouples eNOS and inhibits nonendothelial NOX activity in diabetic miceJeong Ho Oak
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Dr South, Suite BH550 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Diabetes 56:118-26. 2007..We recently reported that in aortic endothelial cells, Ang II induces endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) uncoupling to produce superoxide (O(2)*(-)) rather than nitric oxide (NO*), upon loss of the ..
- Reduced NO-cGMP signaling contributes to vascular inflammation and insulin resistance induced by high-fat feedingNorma O Rizzo
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:758-65. 2010..We sought to determine whether reduced NO-cGMP signaling contributes to the deleterious effects of DIO on the vasculature and, if so, whether these effects can be blocked by increased vascular NO-cGMP signaling...
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions in nitric oxide synthase-deficient miceD J Lefer
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Am J Physiol 276:H1943-50. 1999..mesentery of wild-type, inducible NOS (iNOS)-deficient (-/-), neuronal NOS (nNOS) -/-, and endothelial cell NOS (ecNOS) -/- mice to further our understanding of NO and leukocyte function...
- Cutting edge: apoptosis-regulating signal kinase 1 is required for reactive oxygen species-mediated activation of IFN regulatory factor 3 by lipopolysaccharideEdward Chiang
Division of Biological Sciences and University of California San Diego Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Immunol 176:5720-4. 2006..ASK1 kinase activity proved essential for IRF3-mediated ISG induction by LPS. Thus, our results presented here suggest a novel role for ROS and ASK1 in the innate immune response as signaling intermediates in the IRF3 activation pathway...
- Protective effects of PARP-1 knockout on dyslipidemia-induced autonomic and vascular dysfunction in ApoE mice: effects on eNOS and oxidative stressChetan P Hans
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7430. 2009..of PARP-1 gene deletion against dyslipidemia-induced endothelial dysfunction was associated with preservation of eNOS activity...
- Elevated blood pressures in mice lacking endothelial nitric oxide synthaseE G Shesely
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:13176-81. 1996Nitric oxide produced in endothelial cells affects vascular tone. To investigate the role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in blood pressure regulation, we have generated mice heterozygous (+/-) or homozygous (-/-) for ..
- Long-term potentiation is reduced in mice that are doubly mutant in endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthaseH Son
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell 87:1015-23. 1996..LTP was also normal in mice with a targeted mutation in endothelial NOS (eNOS-), but LTP in stratum radiatum of CA1 was significantly reduced in doubly mutant mice (nNOS-/eNOS-)...
- NO synthase-II is transiently expressed in embryonic mouse olfactory receptor neuronsS Arnhold
Department of Anatomy, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
Neurosci Lett 229:165-8. 1997..This transient expression of NOS-II implies a role for the differentiation of early olfactory receptor neurons and synaptic plasticity...
- Nitric oxide synthases: which, where, how, and why?T Michel
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 100:2146-52. 1997
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of endothelial cell dysfunctionD G Harrison
Emory University, Department of Internal Medicine and the Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Clin Invest 100:2153-7. 1997
- Responses of carotid artery in mice deficient in expression of the gene for endothelial NO synthaseF M Faraci
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am J Physiol 274:H564-70. 1998..are impaired and responses to NO are enhanced in carotid artery from mice made deficient in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) by gene targeting (eNOS-deficient mice)...
- Contribution of nitric oxide synthases 1, 2, and 3 to airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation in a murine model of asthmaG T De Sanctis
Pulmonary and Critical Care Divisions, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 189:1621-30. 1999..OVA/OVA endothelial (NOS3)-deficient mice were significantly more responsive to methacholine challenge compared with similarly treated NOS1 ..
- Protein expression, vascular reactivity and soluble guanylate cyclase activity in mice lacking the endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase: contributions of NOS isoforms to blood pressure and heart rate controlG Kojda
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cardiovasc Res 42:206-13. 1999Both disruption of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene and pharmacological inhibition of the NOS produce modest hypertension...
- Vasodilator mechanisms in the coronary circulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase-deficient miceK G Lamping
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pharmacology, The Cardiovascular Center, University of Iowa, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1906-12. 2000..to endothelium-dependent vasodilators are absent in the aortas from mice deficient in expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS -/- mice), whereas responses in the cerebral microcirculation are preserved...
- Different vasculoprotective roles of NO synthase isoforms in vascular lesion formation in miceK Yogo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:E96-E100. 2000..Permanent ligation of the left common carotid artery was performed in control, endothelial NOS (eNOS) knockout (eNOS-KO), and inducible NOS (iNOS) knockout (iNOS-KO) mice...
- Hydrogen peroxide is an endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in miceT Matoba
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
J Clin Invest 106:1521-30. 2000..In this study, we examined our hypothesis that hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) derived from endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) is an EDHF...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) regulates endothelial cell motility through a nitric oxide-dependent pathwayChristopher G Kevil
Department of Pathology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19230-8. 2004....
- Dysfunction of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and atherosclerosisSeinosuke Kawashima
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho Chuo ku Kobe, 650 0017, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:998-1005. 2004..which represents the reduced bioavailability of nitric oxide (NO) produced from endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)...
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 is partly compensating for nitric oxide synthase 3 deficiency in nitric oxide synthase 3 knock-out mice and is elevated in murine and human cirrhosisErwin Biecker
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Berne, Murtenstrasse, Switzerland
Liver Int 24:345-53. 2004The role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase 3 (NOS-3) in the hyperdynamic circulation associated with cirrhosis is established but not that of the neuronal (NOS-1) isoform...
- Gab1, SHP2, and protein kinase A are crucial for the activation of the endothelial NO synthase by fluid shear stressMadhulika Dixit
Vascular Signalling Group, Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Circ Res 97:1236-44. 2005..the activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and the phosphorylation of the endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)...
- Cardiomyocyte-specific overexpression of nitric oxide synthase 3 prevents myocardial dysfunction in murine models of septic shockFumito Ichinose
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circ Res 100:130-9. 2007..has been implicated in the pathogenesis of septic cardiovascular dysfunction, the role of myocardial NO synthase 3 (NOS3) remains incompletely defined...
- Differences in inflammatory pain in nNOS-, iNOS- and eNOS-deficient miceMichael Karl Boettger
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians University, Josef Schneider Str 11, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Pain 11:810-8. 2007..complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA) in wild-type (WT) mice and in mice lacking either inducible (iNOS), endothelial (eNOS) or neuronal NOS (nNOS)...
- Central insulin regulates heart rate and arterial blood flow: an endothelial nitric oxide synthase-dependent mechanism altered during diabetesCendrine Cabou
INSERM U858, Institute of Molecular Medicine, IFR31, CHU Rangueil, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Diabetes 56:2872-7. 2007..b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)-derived nitric oxide (NO) represents a molecular link between metabolic and cardiovascular ..
- Spontaneous myocardial infarction in mice lacking all nitric oxide synthase isoformsSei Nakata
Second Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Circulation 117:2211-23. 2008..of the nonspecificity of the NOS inhibitors and the compensatory interactions among NOS isoforms (nNOS, iNOS, and eNOS), the ultimate roles of endogenous NO derived from the entire NOS system are still poorly understood...
- Endothelial nitric oxide deficiency reduces MMP-13-mediated cleavage of ICAM-1 in vascular endothelium: a role in atherosclerosisCarlos Tarin
Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:27-32. 2009Lack of endothelial nitric oxide synthase worsens atherosclerosis at least by increasing monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells. The purpose of this study was to elucidate the molecular mechanism elicited by NO.
- Netrin-1 prevents ischemia/reperfusion-induced myocardial infarction via a DCC/ERK1/2/eNOS s1177/NO/DCC feed-forward mechanismJun Zhang
Division of Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1060-70. 2010..In additional experiments we found netrin-1 increased ERK1/2 and eNOS(s1177) phosphorylation, and DCC protein expression, which was diminished by I/R...
- Hypertension in mice lacking the gene for endothelial nitric oxide synthaseP L Huang
Cardiovascular Research Center, Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02129, USA
Nature 377:239-42. 1995..To study the role of endothelial NOS (eNOS) in vascular function, we disrupted the gene encoding eNOS in mice...
- Pulmonary vasoconstriction and hypertension in mice with targeted disruption of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS 3) geneW Steudel
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Circ Res 81:34-41. 1997NO, synthesized in endothelial cells by endothelial NO synthase (NOS 3), is believed to be an important endogenous pulmonary vasodilator substance that contributes to the normal low pulmonary vascular resistance...
- Direct evidence for the importance of endothelium-derived nitric oxide in vascular remodelingR D Rudic
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
J Clin Invest 101:731-6. 1998..In response to external carotid artery ligation, mice with targeted disruption of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (eNOS) did not remodel their ipsilateral common carotid arteries whereas wild-type mice did...
- Coronary hemodynamics in endothelial NO synthase knockout miceA Godecke
Institut für Herz und Kreislaufphysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Circ Res 82:186-94. 1998For the specific analysis of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) function in the coronary vasculature, we generated a mouse homozygous for a defective eNOS gene (eNOS-/-)...
- Interaction of genetic deficiency of endothelial nitric oxide, gender, and pregnancy in vascular response to injury in miceM Moroi
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiac Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1225-32. 1998..mouse model of neointimal growth; (b) evaluated the effect of disruption of a single gene, endothelial nitric oxide synthase, believed to be central to intimal growth, and (c) examined the modifying effects of gender and ..
- Sustained pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy after chronic hypoxia in mice with congenital deficiency of nitric oxide synthase 3W Steudel
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Invest 101:2468-77. 1998..We investigated the effects of congenital deficiency of endothelial NO synthase (NOS3) on the pulmonary vascular responses to breathing 11% oxygen for 3-6 wk...
- Relative contributions of endothelial, inducible, and neuronal NOS to tone in the murine pulmonary circulationK A Fagan
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Laboratory, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Physiol 277:L472-8. 1999..three isoforms of nitric oxide synthase (NOS), neuronal (nNOS, NOS I), inducible (iNOS, NOS II), and endothelial (eNOS, NOS III), are expressed in the lung...
- Nitric oxide synthase expression and role during cardiomyogenesisW Bloch
Institute of Anatomy I, University of Cologne, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 43:675-84. 1999..The aim of the present study was the investigation of the expression of NOS during cardiomyogenesis and its functional role...
- Mice with gene disruption of both endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthase exhibit insulin resistanceR R Shankar
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Diabetes 49:684-7. 2000..We now report on insulin sensitivity in mice with targeted disruptions in endothelial NOS (eNOS) and neuronal NOS (nNOS) genes compared with their wild-type (WT) counterparts...
- beta(3)-adrenoceptor deficiency blocks nitric oxide-dependent inhibition of myocardial contractilityP Varghese
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, and Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 106:697-703. 2000..increased in beta(3)(-/-) mice, and similar hyper-responsiveness was seen in mice lacking endothelial NO synthase (NOS3). NOS inhibition augmented isoproterenol-stimulated inotropy in wild-type (WT), but not in beta(3)(-/-) mice...
- Endothelial-derived nitric oxide and angiotensinogen: blood pressure and metabolism during mouse pregnancyL A Hefler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R174-82. 2001..These included mice with a null mutation in the endothelial NOS (eNOS) gene (Nos3(-/-)), four copies of the angiotensinogen gene (Agt(2/2)), and mutations in both genes [..
- EDHF mediates flow-induced dilation in skeletal muscle arterioles of female eNOS-KO miceA Huang
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2462-9. 2001Vasodilation to increases in flow was studied in isolated gracilis muscle arterioles of female endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)-knockout (KO) and female wild-type (WT) mice...
- Regulation of murine airway responsiveness by endothelial nitric oxide synthaseM Feletou
Institut de Recherches Servier, 92150 Suresnes, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 281:L258-67. 2001..not the endogenous release of NO modulates bronchial tone in wild-type mice and in mice with targeted deletion of eNOS [eNOS(-/-)]...
- Accelerated atherosclerosis, aortic aneurysm formation, and ischemic heart disease in apolipoprotein E/endothelial nitric oxide synthase double-knockout miceP J Kuhlencordt
Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiology Division, Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:448-54. 2001To test whether deficiency in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) affects atherosclerosis development, we compared lesion formation in apolipoprotein E (apoE)/eNOS-double knockout (DKO) and apoE-knockout (KO) control animals.
- Hypertension does not account for the accelerated atherosclerosis and development of aneurysms in male apolipoprotein e/endothelial nitric oxide synthase double knockout miceJ Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:2391-4. 2001Apolipoprotein E (apoE)/endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) double knockout (DKO) mice demonstrate accelerated atherosclerosis and develop abdominal aortic aneurysms and aortic dissection, suggesting a role for eNOS in suppressing ..
- Neuronal NOS-dependent dilation to flow in coronary arteries of male eNOS-KO miceAn Huang
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H429-36. 2002..dilation was examined in isolated coronary arteries of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase knockout mice (eNOS-KO) and wild-type (WT) mice...
- Decreased arteriolar density in endothelial nitric oxide synthase knockout mice is due to hypertension, not to the constitutive defect in endothelial nitric oxide synthase enzymeNathalie Kubis
INSERM Unit 541, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Hypertens 20:273-80. 2002Hypertension in endothelial nitric oxide synthase knockout (eNOS-/-) mice is believed to be partly due to altered vasodilatation. However, nitric oxide (NO) is also known to play an important part in angiogenesis.
- Oxidation of the zinc-thiolate complex and uncoupling of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by peroxynitriteMing Hui Zou
Vascular Biology Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Clin Invest 109:817-26. 2002..present here the first evidence that peroxynitrite (ONOO(-)) releases zinc from the zinc-thiolate cluster of endothelial NOS (eNOS) and presumably forms disulfide bonds between the monomers...
- Differential response to myocardial reperfusion injury in eNOS-deficient miceBrent R Sharp
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H2422-6. 2002Two strains of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)-deficient (-/-) mice have been developed that respond differently to myocardial ischemia-reperfusion (MI/R). We evaluated both strains of eNOS(-/-) mice in an in vivo model of MI/R...
- Role of microvascular rarefaction in the increased arterial pressure in mice lacking for the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (eNOS3pt-/- )Nathalie Kubis
Unité INSERM 541 Hôpital Lariboisière, Paris, France
J Hypertens 20:1581-7. 2002Mechanisms involved in hypertension in homozygous mice for the defective endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (eNOS-/-) have not been fully elucidated...
- Development of heart failure and congenital septal defects in mice lacking endothelial nitric oxide synthaseQingping Feng
Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 106:873-9. 2002Nitric oxide (NO) produced by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) plays an important role in the regulation of cell growth, apoptosis, and tissue perfusion...
- Cardiovascular and renal control in NOS-deficient mouse modelsPablo A Ortiz
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R628-38. 2003..Endogenous NO is produced by three different NO synthase (NOS) isoforms: endothelial NOS (eNOS), inducible NOS (iNOS), and neuronal NOS (nNOS)...
- Mitochondrial biogenesis in mammals: the role of endogenous nitric oxideEnzo Nisoli
Department of Preclinical Sciences, Center for Study and Research on Obesity, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan 20157, Italy
Science 299:896-9. 2003..mitochondrial biogenesis induced by exposure to cold was markedly reduced in brown adipose tissue of endothelial nitric oxide synthase null-mutant (eNOS-/-) mice, which had a reduced metabolic rate and accelerated weight gain as ..
- Macrophage endothelial nitric-oxide synthase autoregulates cellular activation and pro-inflammatory protein expressionLinda Connelly
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 278:26480-7. 2003..However, macrophages have also been shown to express a constitutive NOS isoform, the function of which remains obscure...
- Chaperone-dependent regulation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase intracellular trafficking by the co-chaperone/ubiquitin ligase CHIPJihong Jiang
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7075, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49332-41. 2003Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS), the enzyme responsible for production of endothelial NO, is under tight and complex regulation...
- Defective lung vascular development and fatal respiratory distress in endothelial NO synthase-deficient mice: a model of alveolar capillary dysplasia?Robin N N Han
Terrence Donnelly Heart Center, Division of Cardiology, St Michael s Hospital and the Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Circ Res 94:1115-23. 2004..Although endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)-deficient mice are viable, minor congenital cardiac abnormalities have been reported and homozygous offspring ..
- Role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in endothelial activation: insights from eNOS knockout endothelial cellsPeter J Kuhlencordt
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital East, 149 East 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C1195-202. 2004The objective of this study was to determine whether absence of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) affects the expression of cell surface adhesion molecules in endothelial cells...
- Nitric oxide, a key signaling molecule in the murine early embryonic heartDaniela Malan
Department of Animal and Human Biology, INFM University of Turin, Italy
FASEB J 18:1108-10. 2004..NOS) isoform(s), we analyzed muscarinic signaling in embryonic ventricular cardiomyocytes of NOS2 (-/-) and NOS3 (-/-) mice...
- Partial gene deletion of endothelial nitric oxide synthase predisposes to exaggerated high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance and arterial hypertensionStephane Cook
Department of Internal Medicine and the Botnar Center for Clinical Research, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Diabetes 53:2067-72. 2004..and metabolic homeostasis, as evidenced by insulin resistance and arterial hypertension in endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) null mice...
- Differential roles of neuronal and endothelial nitric oxide synthases during carrageenan-induced inflammatory hyperalgesiaF Tao
Department of Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street Blalock 1415, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neuroscience 128:421-30. 2004..Furthermore, intrathecal administration of the endothelial NOS (eNOS) inhibitor L-N5-(1-iminoethyl)-ornithinein nNOS knockout mice inhibited the thermal hyperalgesia in ..
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase activation is critical for vascular leakage during acute inflammation in vivoMariarosaria Bucci
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Via Domenico Montesano 49, Universita di Napoli Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:904-8. 2005..Here, we examine acute inflammation in congenic endothelial NO synthase-deficient (eNOS-/-) mice. Intraplantar injection of carrageenan induces a biphasic inflammatory response...
- Resistance to endotoxic shock in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) knock-out mice: a pro-inflammatory role for eNOS-derived no in vivoLinda Connelly
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6AE, UK
J Biol Chem 280:10040-6. 2005..We have shown previously that NO from the constitutive endothelial NOS (eNOS) is necessary to obtain maximal iNOS expression and activity following exposure of murine macrophages ..
- Local atrial natriuretic peptide signaling prevents hypertensive cardiac hypertrophy in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase-deficient miceAlexander Bubikat
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Universitatsklinikum Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:21594-9. 2005..inactivation of either the guanylyl cyclase-A receptor for ANP (GC-A-/-) or endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS-/-)...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase is critical for ischemic remodeling, mural cell recruitment, and blood flow reserveJun Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Vascular Cell Signaling and Therapeutics Program, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10999-1004. 2005The genetic loss of endothelial-derived nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in mice impairs vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and ischemia-initiated blood flow recovery resulting in critical limb ischemia...
- Atheroprotective effects of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in apolipoprotein e knockout micePeter J Kuhlencordt
Medizinische Klinik, University Wuerzburg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1539-44. 2006..To test whether neuronal NOS (nNOS) deficiency affects atherosclerosis, we studied apoE/nNOSalpha double knockout (DKO) and apolipoprotein E (apoE) knockout (KO) control mice...
- Cardiovascular function in mice during normal pregnancy and in the absence of endothelial NO synthaseShathiyah Kulandavelu
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hypertension 47:1175-82. 2006..C57Bl/6J (B6) mice show similar changes and whether these changes are altered in mice lacking the gene for endothelial NOS (eNOS). The CO of B6 mice increased 28% by day 9...
- eNOS gene therapy exacerbates hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in diabetes: a role for eNOS uncouplingJohn W Elrod
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Circ Res 99:78-85. 2006Previous studies indicate that endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) function is impaired in diabetes as a result of increased vascular generation of reactive oxygen species. We hypothesized that eNOS gene therapy would augment NO...
- Genetic overexpression of eNOS attenuates hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injuryMark R Duranski
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2980-6. 2006Previous studies have shown that endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS)-derived NO is an important signaling molecule in ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) injury...
- Genetics of Pulmonary Hypertension in MiceKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of BMPRII Mutations in Pulmonary HypertensionKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will have also tested the role of four pulmonary cell types, smooth muscle, endothelium, airway epithelium and macrophages in the link between BMPR2 and pulmonary hypertension. ..
- 2006 Grover Conference on the Pulmonary Circulation - Rho Family GTPasesKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ranch is an intimate setting that encourages interaction between scientists and clinicians. We are requesting funding to support travel and lodging for invited speakers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Posttranslational Regulation of eNOS by Estrogen in the Vagina and ClitorisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Vascular effects of estrogen are attributed to its regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), yet the physiological role of nitric oxide (NO) and the molecular mechanisms of eNOS ..
- VEGF and Nitric Oxide in Lung Vascular DevelopmentVivek Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this proposal, he will use a transgeneic mouse model that is deficient in endothelial nitric oxide synthase that develops pulmonary hypoplasia with exposure to mild neonatal hypoxia...
- NITRIC OXIDE REGULATORY SYSTEM IN THE PENISArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- 2008 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Utero Programming of Adult Vascular FunctionMonica Longo; Fiscal Year: 2010..As endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) is important in determining vascular function in adults, and deficiency in its function leads ..
- Salt Absorption by the THAL: Role of NKCC2 traffickingPablo A Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data from this proposal will increase our understanding of how salt absorption by the THAL is regulated in normal and salt-sensitive animals, and will identify new targets for the development of diuretics. ..
- eNOS-Protein Interaction in the PenisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important mediator of penile erection...
- PO2 MODULATION OF NO AND ET1 IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our laboratory is interested in the role of endogenously derived nitric oxide (NO) from eNOS (endothelial derived nitric oxide synthase), endothelin-1 (ET-1), and the effect of hypoxia on the development of ..
- Role of KLF2 in erythropoiesis and globin expressionJoyce A Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long-term goal is to use KLF2 in strategies to increase embryonic/fetal beta-globin, to treat patients with beta-hemoglobinopathies. ..
- Caveolin-1 and NO Regulate PMN-mediated Increases in Vascular PermeabilityRichard D Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2011..in endothelial permeability and lung injury, and (ii) PMN activation of Src kinase in endothelial cells regulates eNOS-mediated NO production via PI3-kinase and Akt signaling and that the NO derived from PMN-endothelial interaction ..
- Ethanol Prevents Microvascular DysfunctionRonald J Korthuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our overall hypothesis is that ethanol-induced, AMPK-dependent eNOS activation serves as an important initiating factor to trigger a cascade of signaling events that ultimately act to ..
- Venular leukocyte adhesion, impaired arteriolar vasoreactivity, and intestinal IRRonald J Korthuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given the importance of the endothelium in regulating vascular tone, these fundamentally important findings have enormous implications for our understanding of blood flow dysregulation in conditions characterized by I/R. ..
- EXTRACELLULAR SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE AND ATHEROSCLEROSISDavid Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Endothelial Function in the Cerebral CirculationFrank Faraci; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies should provide new insight into mechanisms of cerebral vascular protection during hypertension. ..
- Gender Influence in Mice with Myocardial InfarctionXiao Ping Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Nitric Oxide/cGMP/Endotoxin-Induced Myocardial DysfunctFumito Ichinose; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- 2007 Vascular Cell Biology Gordon Research ConferenceBradford Berk; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FLOW SHEAR INDUCED NF-KB MEDIATED REGULATIONSumathy Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding of NF- kappaB signaling mechanisms in VCAM-1 regulation can also be applied to other inflammatory conditions. ..
- PRECONDITIONING: PMN ADHESION AND MICROVASCULAR INJURYRONALD KORTHUIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..To address this issue, we propose to determine whether: (1) NO derived from endothelial NOS is produced during the period of preconditioning ischemia and triggers the protective actions of delayed IPC; ..
- Zeiss Dynamic Laser TIRFRichard Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Study of Intrinsic Bladder Activity by Optical ImagingAnthony Kanai; Fiscal Year: 2007..To study the neural-chemical control of spontaneous detrusor activity; and III.) To determine the origin of detrusor overactivity in partially obstructed bladders. ..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN GAMMA AND BETA GLOBIN GENESJoyce Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will predict the proteins involved in early beta-globin gene suppression. ..
- RENAL MEDULLARY NITRIC OXIDE AND BLOOD PRESSUREDavid Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Pathogenic mechanisms that initiate DMDRobert Grange; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide valuable insight for the development of therapeutic interventions to prevent the onset of DMD. ..
- MORPHOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF BRAIN VESSELSGARY BAUMBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should provide important new insight into the mechanisms of vascular remodeling. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Deformation and Coronary Arteriolar FunctionDong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HYPERGLYCEMIA INHIBITION OF GLOMERULAR eNOSShaoyou Chu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal will test a hypothesis that eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase) of glomerular endothelia is a direct target of hyperglycemia...
- CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH TRAININGBradford Berk; Fiscal Year: 2004..The University of Rochester is a research-intensive institution with a long tradition and commitment to training investigators which should facilitate the success of this program in cardiovascular research. ..
- Angiogenic Agents and Alveolar InjuryVineet Bhandari; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine the differences and the degree to which the response to hyperoxia-induced acute lung injury differs in adult, newborn and fetal mice with regard to VEGF, Angiopoietin 1 and Angiopoietin 2. ..
- CO POISONING IN THE CONTEXT OF A REPERFUSION INJURYStephen Thom; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research plan is aimed to test the hypothesis that immune responses and the associated oxidative stress cause neurological injuries. ..
- Effects of Nitric Oxide on Stem Cell DifferentiationZhenguo Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008In a pilot study we showed that endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) was dynamically expressed during the course of stem cell differentiation into endothelial cells in vitro...
- Nitric Oxide Regulation of Compensatory Lung GrowthVICTOR LAUBACH; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, knockout mice deficient in endothelial NO synthase (eNOS), inducible NOS (iNOS), and both eNOS/iNOS will be used to study NO-mediated mechanisms of post-pneumonectomy CLG...
- MOLECULAR CONTROL OF CELL MIGRATION IN THE SPINAL CORDJOSEPH YIP; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will provide important insights on the molecular and cellular basis of Reelin function, and may reveal significant information about the mechanisms responsible for devastating diseases caused by abnormal migration. ..
- GENETICS OF NEUROPEPTIDE Y FUNCTIONRICHARD PALMITER; Fiscal Year: 2001..These genetic experiments should help rationalize the current disparate results obtained by permanent NPY gene silencing and by acute intervention of NPY signaling. ..