Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nog
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- The BMP antagonist noggin regulates cranial suture fusionStephen M Warren
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5148, USA
Nature 422:625-9. 2003..b>Noggin, an antagonist of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), is required for embryonic neural tube, somites and skeleton ..
- RNA interference for noggin enhances the biological activity of bone morphogenetic proteins in vivo and in vitroKazushi Takayama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abenoku, Osaka, 545 8585, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 27:402-11. 2009b>Noggin is a major extracellular antagonist to bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) which binds to BMPs and blocks binding of them to BMP-specific receptors and negatively regulates BMP-induced osteoblastic differentiation...
- Reduction of BMP4 activity by gremlin 1 enables ureteric bud outgrowth and GDNF/WNT11 feedback signalling during kidney branching morphogenesisOdysse Michos
Developmental Genetics, DKBW Centre for Biomedicine, University of Basel Medical Faculty, Mattenstrasse 28, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 134:2397-405. 2007....
- Noggin, cartilage morphogenesis, and joint formation in the mammalian skeletonL J Brunet
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3204, USA
Science 280:1455-7. 1998b>Noggin is a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) antagonist expressed in Spemann's organizer. Murine Noggin is expressed in condensing cartilage and immature chondrocytes, as are many BMPs...
- Noggin is a mesenchymally derived stimulator of hair-follicle inductionV A Botchkarev
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 1:158-64. 1999..Here we show that, during hair-follicle development, the neural inducer and BMP-neutralizing protein Noggin is expressed in the follicular mesenchyme, that noggin-knockout mice show significant retardation of hair-follicle ..
- Essential requirement of BMPs-2/4 for both osteoblast and osteoclast formation in murine bone marrow cultures from adult mice: antagonism by nogginE Abe
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and the UAMS Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
J Bone Miner Res 15:663-73. 2000..To do this, we took advantage of the properties of noggin, a recently discovered protein that binds BMP-2 and -4 and blocks their action...
- Noggin is required for induction of the hair follicle growth phase in postnatal skinV A Botchkarev
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
FASEB J 15:2205-14. 2001..requires neutralization of the inhibitory activity of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) by the BMP antagonist noggin. In the resting HF, BMP4 mRNA predominates over noggin in the epithelium and mesenchyme, and the BMP receptor IA ..
- BMP signaling is required for development of the ciliary bodyShulei Zhao
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 129:4435-42. 2002..We report that lens-specific expression of a transgenic protein, Noggin, can block BMP signaling in the mouse eye and result in failure in formation of the ciliary processes...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2/4 signaling regulates early thymocyte differentiationAriadne L Hager-Theodorides
Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J Immunol 169:5496-504. 2002..Neutralization of endogenous BMP2 and BMP4 by treatment with the antagonist Noggin promotes and accelerates thymocyte differentiation, increasing the expression of CD2 and the proportion of CD44(-)..
- Noggin arrests stromal cell differentiation in vitroE Gazzerro
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06105 1299, USA
Bone 32:111-9. 2003b>Noggin is a glycoprotein that binds bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) selectively and, when added to osteoblasts, it opposes the effects of BMPs. However, the consequences of its continued expression in stromal cells are not known...
- Skeletal overexpression of noggin results in osteopenia and reduced bone formationR D Devlin
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105 1299, USA
Endocrinology 144:1972-8. 2003Skeletal cells synthesize bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) and BMP antagonists. Noggin is a glycoprotein that binds BMPs selectively and antagonizes BMP actions...
- Impaired osteoblastic differentiation, reduced bone formation, and severe osteoporosis in noggin-overexpressing miceXue Bin Wu
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Bone Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1055, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Clin Invest 112:924-34. 2003We describe the effects of the overexpression of noggin, a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) inhibitor, on osteoblast differentiation and bone formation...
- BMP signaling inhibits intestinal stem cell self-renewal through suppression of Wnt-beta-catenin signalingXi C He
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Nat Genet 36:1117-21. 2004..Thus, BMP signaling may control the duplication of intestinal stem cells, thereby preventing crypt fission and the subsequent increase in crypt number...
- Noggin suppression enhances in vitro osteogenesis and accelerates in vivo bone formationDerrick C Wan
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26450-9. 2007..We report a novel approach to manipulate BMP activity through a down-regulation of the potent BMP antagonist Noggin, and examined the effects on the bone forming capacity of osteoblasts...
- Cyclic dermal BMP signalling regulates stem cell activation during hair regenerationMaksim V Plikus
Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Nature 451:340-4. 2008..Overexpression of noggin, a BMP antagonist, in mouse skin resulted in a markedly shortened refractory phase and faster propagation of the ..
- Cooperative activity of noggin and gremlin 1 in axial skeleton developmentDavid A Stafford
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Center for Integrative Genomics, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Development 138:1005-14. 2011..In this study, we used mouse embryos mutant for the BMP antagonists noggin (Nog) and gremlin 1 (Grem1) to characterize the effects of BMP signaling on the specification of the sclerotome...
- Activating and deactivating mutations in the receptor interaction site of GDF5 cause symphalangism or brachydactyly type A2Petra Seemann
Institut fur Medizinische Genetik, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Invest 115:2373-81. 2005..with mutations in the GDF5 receptor bone morphogenetic protein receptor type 1b (BMPR1B) and the BMP antagonist NOGGIN, respectively...
- Transcription complex stability and chromatin dynamics in vivoM Wijgerde
MGC Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 377:209-13. 1995..The regulator may stably complex with one gene at a time and switch back and forth between genes in a flip-flop mechanism...
- Gli3 is required for Emx gene expression during dorsal telencephalon developmentT Theil
Institute for Molecular Biology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany thomas
Development 126:3561-71. 1999..This study therefore implicates Gli3 as a key regulator for the development of the dorsal telencephalon and implies Gli3 to be upstream of Emx genes in a genetic cascade controlling dorsal telencephalic development...
- Opposing effects of bone morphogenetic proteins on neuron production and survival in the olfactory receptor neuron lineageJ Shou
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, and the Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1275, USA
Development 127:5403-13. 2000..Addition of the BMP antagonist noggin inhibited neurogenesis in OE-stromal cell co-cultures...
- Inhibition of Bmp signaling affects growth and differentiation in the anagen hair follicleH Kulessa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
EMBO J 19:6664-74. 2000..of Bmp signaling in postnatal hair development, we have generated transgenic mice expressing the Bmp inhibitor, Noggin, under the control of the proximal Msx2 promoter, which drives expression in proliferating hair matrix cells and ..
- Stage specific inhibition of osteoblast lineage differentiation by FGF2 and nogginI Kalajzic
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Cell Biochem 88:1168-76. 2003Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and noggin are two unrelated ligands of two distinctly different signaling pathways that have a similar inhibitory effect on osteoblast differentiation...
- FGF9 and SHH signaling coordinate lung growth and development through regulation of distinct mesenchymal domainsAndrew C White
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 133:1507-17. 2006....
- Endogenous bone morphogenetic protein antagonists regulate mammalian neural crest generation and survivalRyan M Anderson
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2507-20. 2006We demonstrate here that Chordin and Noggin function as bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) antagonists in vivo to promote mammalian neural crest development...
- BMP signaling regulates murine enteric nervous system precursor migration, neurite fasciculation, and patterning via altered Ncam1 polysialic acid additionMing Fu
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 299:137-50. 2006..These studies demonstrate several novel roles for BMP signaling and highlight new functions for sialyltransferases in the developing ENS...
- Evidence for expansion-based temporal BMP4/NOGGIN interactions in specifying periodontium morphogenesisJae Young Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea
Cell Tissue Res 330:123-32. 2007..At PN2, the width of the PDL-forming region showed a minimum, but with a higher expression of NOGGIN and proliferation cell nuclear antigen than the other regions...
- A novel neural-specific BMP antagonist, Brorin-like, of the Chordin familyHiroyuki Miwa
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Yoshida Shimoadachi, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:3643-8. 2009..The inhibition of Brorin-like functions in zebrafish resulted in the impairment of neural development. Brorin-like potentially plays roles in neural development and functions...
- BMP antagonism protects Nodal signaling in the gastrula to promote the tissue interactions underlying mammalian forebrain and craniofacial patterningYu Ping Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710 3709, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:3030-42. 2010..reduction of Nodal signaling and an organizer BMP (bone morphogenetic protein) antagonist, either Chordin or Noggin. These defects result from reduced production of tissues that promote forebrain and craniofacial development...
- Modulation of BMP signaling by Noggin is required for the maintenance of palatal epithelial integrity during palatogenesisFenglei He
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 347:109-21. 2010..Among the extracellular BMP antagonists is Noggin, which preferentialy binds to BMP2, BMP4 and BMP7, all of which are expressed in the developing palatal shelves...
- Loss of procollagen IIA from the anterior mesendoderm disrupts the development of mouse embryonic forebrainAlan W L Leung
Department of Biochemistry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Dev Dyn 239:2319-29. 2010..Genetic interaction studies reveal that IIA function in forebrain and face development does not involve bone morphogenetic protein receptor 1A (BMPR1A)- or NODAL-mediated signaling activity...
- Snorc is a novel cartilage specific small membrane proteoglycan expressed in differentiating and articular chondrocytesJ Heinonen
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, Turku, Finland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:1026-35. 2011..Our focus in this study was to characterize a novel cartilage specific gene that was identified in mouse limb cartilage during embryonic development...
- Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 138:3169-77. 2011..We show that FGF signaling is primarily responsible for regulating mesenchymal proliferation, whereas β-catenin signaling is a required permissive factor for mesenchymal FGF signaling...
- LRP2 is an auxiliary SHH receptor required to condition the forebrain ventral midline for inductive signalsAnnabel Christ
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
Dev Cell 22:268-78. 2012..Our data identify a critical role for LRP2 in SHH signaling and reveal the molecular mechanism underlying forebrain anomalies in mice and patients with Lrp2 defects...
- Shox2 regulates progression through chondrogenesis in the mouse proximal limbBrent E Bobick
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
J Cell Sci 125:6071-83. 2012..Thus, we provide evidence that Shox2 regulates progression through chondrogenesis at two distinct stages--the onset of early differentiation and the transition to maturation and hypertrophy...
- Pelota regulates the development of extraembryonic endoderm through activation of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signalingGunsmaa Nyamsuren
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Stem Cell Res 13:61-74. 2014..Thus, our results indicate that PELO plays an important role in the establishment of pluripotency and differentiation of ESCs into ExEn lineage through activation of BMP signaling. ..
- Trps1 deficiency inhibits the morphogenesis of secondary hair follicles via decreased Noggin expressionYujing Sun
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan Wen Hua Xi Road 44, Jinan 250012, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 456:721-6. 2015..5 KO skin, whereas no changes were observed in Eda/Edar expression in E14.5 or E17.5 skins. In addition, Noggin expression was significantly decreased in E14.5 and E17.5 KO skin compared to WT skin...
- Distinct requirements for extra-embryonic and embryonic bone morphogenetic protein 4 in the formation of the node and primitive streak and coordination of left-right asymmetry in the mouseTakeshi Fujiwara
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Ave South, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Development 129:4685-96. 2002..b>Noggin-mediated inhibition of Bmp activity in cultured wild-type embryos results in suppression of Nodal expression in ..
- Repulsive guidance molecule (RGMa), a DRAGON homologue, is a bone morphogenetic protein co-receptorJodie L Babitt
Program in Membrane Biology and Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 280:29820-7. 2005..Finally, we demonstrate that BMP signaling occurs in neurons that express RGMa in vivo. These data are consistent with a role for RGMa as a BMP co-receptor...
- Six3 is required for ependymal cell maturationAlfonso Lavado
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Development 138:5291-300. 2011..In its absence, ependymal cells fail to suppress radial glia characteristics, resulting in a defective lateral wall, abnormal neuroblast migration and differentiation, and hydrocephaly...
- Activation of Bmp2-Smad1 signal and its regulation by coordinated alteration of H3K27 trimethylation in Ras-induced senescenceAtsushi Kaneda
Genome Science Division, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Genet 7:e1002359. 2011..formation of H3K27me3 occurred inversely in repression of nine genes, including two BMP-SMAD inhibitors Smad6 and Noggin. DNA methylation alteration unlikely occurred...
- Noggin is novel inducer of mesenchymal stem cell adipogenesis: implications for bone health and obesityAnandi Sawant
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 287:12241-9. 2012b>Noggin is a glycosylated-secreted protein known so far for its inhibitory effects on bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signaling by sequestering the BMP ligand...
- Sonic hedgehog signaling directly targets Hyaluronic Acid Synthase 2, an essential regulator of phalangeal joint patterningJiang Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 375:160-71. 2013..Together, our study identifies Has2 as a novel downstream target of Shh signaling required for joint patterning and chondrogenesis...
- The Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin pathway regulates Bmp signaling and ameloblast differentiationHuojun Cao
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Development 140:3348-59. 2013..Here, we describe the role of a novel Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin regulatory pathway in dental epithelial cell differentiation...
- Longitudinal organization of the anterior neural plate and neural tubeK Shimamura
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0984, USA
Development 121:3923-33. 1995..Specifically, we report that the expression of noggin, sonic hedgehog and Nkx-2.2 define longitudinal columns of cells that are present along the entire CNS axis...
- Sequential roles for Otx2 in visceral endoderm and neuroectoderm for forebrain and midbrain induction and specificationM Rhinn
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Development 125:845-56. 1998..Altogether, these results demonstrate that Otx2 is first required in the visceral endoderm for the induction, and subsequently in the neuroectoderm for the specification of forebrain and midbrain territories...
- Expression of the mouse cerberus-related gene, Cerr1, suggests a role in anterior neural induction and somitogenesisW Shawlot
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6198-203. 1998..In most Lim1-/- headless embryos, Cerr1 expression in the anterior endoderm was weak or absent. These results suggest that Cerr1 may play a role in anterior neural induction and somite formation during mouse development...
- Neuronal patterning by BMPs: a requirement for GDF7 in the generation of a discrete class of commissural interneurons in the mouse spinal cordK J Lee
Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032 USA
Genes Dev 12:3394-407. 1998..More generally, these results suggest that BMP signaling may have a prominent role in the assignment of neuronal identity within the mammalian CNS...
- Wnt signaling from the dorsal neural tube is required for the formation of the medial dermomyotomeM Ikeya
Center for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Development 125:4969-76. 1998..These results indicate that Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a signalings actually regulate the formation of the medial compartment of the dermomyotome and the early part of myogenesis...
- Visceral endoderm-restricted translation of Otx1 mediates recovery of Otx2 requirements for specification of anterior neural plate and normal gastrulationD Acampora
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Via G Marconi 12, Italy
Development 125:5091-104. 1998..Moreover, our data lead us to hypothesize that the differential post-transcriptional control existing between VE and epiblast cells may potentially contribute to fundamental regulatory mechanisms required for head specification...
- Chromosomal mapping of five mouse G protein gamma subunitsG B Downes
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Genomics 57:173-6. 1999..Combined with previous mapping studies, these data indicate that, with the possible exception of gamma1 and gamma11, the G protein gamma subunit genes are well dispersed within the mouse and human genomes...
- Bmp signaling regulates proximal-distal differentiation of endoderm in mouse lung developmentM Weaver
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Nashville, TN, USA
Development 126:4005-15. 1999..Endodermal cells at the periphery of the lung, which are exposed to high levels of Bmp4, maintain or adopt a distal character, while cells receiving little or no Bmp4 signal initiate a proximal differentiation program...
- Syndactyly of Ft/+ mice correlates with an imbalance in bmp4 and fgf8 expressionJ Heymer
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Mech Dev 88:173-81. 1999..The data suggest a negative effect of Bmp4 on Fgf8 expression and a positive influence on the induction of bone elements...
- Regulation of skeletal progenitor differentiation by the BMP and retinoid signaling pathwaysA D Weston
Division of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Biol 148:679-90. 2000..Addition of Noggin to limb mesenchyme cultures inhibits cartilage formation and the appearance of precartilaginous condensations...
- The BMP antagonists Chordin and Noggin have essential but redundant roles in mouse mandibular outgrowthR W Stottmann
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Biol 240:457-73. 2001Here we investigate the roles of the Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP) antagonists Chordin and Noggin in development of the mandible, which is derived from the first branchial arch (BA1)...
- The synpolydactyly homolog (spdh) mutation in the mouse -- a defect in patterning and growth of limb cartilage elementsAndrea N Albrecht
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Berlin, Germany
Mech Dev 112:53-67. 2002..Abnormal chondrocyte differentiation and proliferation persisted after birth and correlated with the expression of the mutant Hoxd13 and other Hox-genes during late-embryonic and postnatal growth...
- Noggin and chordin have distinct activities in promoting lineage commitment of mouse embryonic stem (ES) cellsTheresa E Gratsch
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, 4748 MSII Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Dev Biol 245:83-94. 2002..In the current investigation, two of the earliest identified BMP antagonists/neural-inducing factors, noggin and chordin, were expressed in pluripotent mouse ES cells...
- BMPs and BMP receptors in mouse metanephric development: in vivo and in vitro studiesGemma Martinez
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Int J Dev Biol 46:525-33. 2002..development in vitro were analysed by culturing whole metanephroi in the presence of BMP2, BMP4, the BMP inhibitor noggin, and BMP4 plus noggin. Ureteric branching morphogenesis and nephrogenesis were analysed...
- Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of beta-catenin in the embryonic endodermHeiko Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 3:171-81. 2002..We provide evidence that ablation of beta-catenin in embryonic endoderm changes cell fate from endoderm to precardiac mesoderm, consistent with the existence of bipotential mesendodermal progenitors in mouse embryos...
- In vivo evidence that BMP signaling is necessary for apoptosis in the mouse limbUdayan Guha
Department of Nueroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Dev Biol 249:108-20. 2002..in murine limb development in vivo, the keratin 14 promoter was used to drive expression of the BMP antagonist Noggin in transgenic mice...
- The Fused toes (Ft) mouse mutation causes anteroposterior and dorsoventral polydactylyLars Grotewold
Institut für Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere EMT, Heinrich Heine Universitat, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Dev Biol 251:129-41. 2002..In addition, our analysis reveals a specific requirement of the genes deleted by the Ft mutation in hindlimb morphogenesis...
- Loss of Bmp7 and Fgf8 signaling in Hoxa13-mutant mice causes hypospadiaEmily A Morgan
Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Development 130:3095-109. 2003..combined loss of Fgf8 and Bmp7 expression in the urethral plate epithelium, as well as the ectopic expression of noggin (Nog) in the flanking mesenchyme...
- The forkhead genes, Foxc1 and Foxc2, regulate paraxial versus intermediate mesoderm cell fateBettina Wilm
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 271:176-89. 2004..Taken together, the data indicate that Foxc1 and Foxc2 regulate the establishment of paraxial versus intermediate mesoderm cell fates in the vertebrate embryo...
- A gene(s) for all-trans-retinoic acid-induced forelimb defects mapped and confirmed to murine chromosome 11Grace S Lee
Molecular Toxicology Interdepartmental Program, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Genetics 170:345-53. 2005..The human syntenic region of this locus has been previously linked to Meckel syndrome; the phenotype includes postaxial polydactyly, an ectopic digital defect hypothesized to be induced by a common molecular pathway with ectrodactyly...
- Modulation of bone morphogenetic protein signaling inhibits the onset and progression of ankylosing enthesitisRik J U Lories
Laboratory for Skeletal Development and Joint Disorders, Department of Rheumatology, University Hospitals Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 115:1571-9. 2005..Systemic gene transfer of noggin, a BMP antagonist, is effective both as a preventive and a therapeutic strategy in the mouse model, ..
- Molecular signaling in intervertebral disk developmentChristian P DiPaola
Department of Orthopaedics, Cornell University Medical College, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Orthop Res 23:1112-9. 2005..Radioactive in situ hybridization with mRNA probes for pax-1, SHH, IHH and Noggin gene was performed on mouse embryo and adult tissue...
- Expression of man, a formin homology domain-containing gene in the mouse limbYan Zhen Cui
Department of Environmental and Biomolecular Systems, OGI School of Science and Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, 20000 NW Walker Rd, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241001, China Department of Pathology, L113, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA E mail
Sheng Li Xue Bao 57:433-8. 2005..Here we report the isolation of a novel cDNA, man, from the mouse limb, which contains two conserved FH1 and FH2 domains. Its expression is described and possible functional significance is discussed...
- Noggin antagonism of BMP4 signaling controls development of the axial skeleton in the mouseMark Wijgerde
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, 16 Divinity Avenue, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Biol 286:149-57. 2005The interaction between bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) and their antagonist, Noggin, is critical for normal development...
- Coordinate expression of BMP-2, BMP receptors and Noggin in normal mouse spineYukio Nakamura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi 3 1 1, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 13:250-6. 2006..of this study was to determine the localization of bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2), BMP receptors (BMPRs) and Noggin in mouse spinal tissues...
- Bone morphogenetic proteins in bone stimulate osteoclasts and osteoblasts during bone developmentMina Okamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:1022-33. 2006In this study, overexpression of noggin, a BMP antagonist, in developing bone caused significantly decreased osteoclast number as well as bone formation rate, resulting in increased bone mass with immature bone quality...
- Morphogenesis of the trachea and esophagus: current players and new roles for noggin and BmpsJianwen Que
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Differentiation 74:422-37. 2006..We present new evidence that about 70% of mouse embryos homozygous null for Nog, the gene encoding noggin, a bone morphogenetic protein (Bmp) antagonist, have EA/TEF as well as defects in lung branching...
- BMP signaling in the epiblast is required for proper recruitment of the prospective paraxial mesoderm and development of the somitesShigeto Miura
Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, MD C4 10, C458, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Development 133:3767-75. 2006..This suggests that BMP and FGF signaling function antagonistically during paraxial mesoderm development...
- Noggin regulates Bmp4 activity during pituitary inductionShannon W Davis
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 4909 Buhl Building, 1241 E Catherine St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 305:145-60. 2007..We examined the regulation of Bmp signaling during pituitary development by analyzing null embryos for noggin, a Bmp 2 and 4 antagonist...
- Mouse R-spondin2 is required for apical ectodermal ridge maintenance in the hindlimbJu Suk Nam
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Dev Biol 311:124-35. 2007..Our findings strongly suggest that Rspo2 expression in the AER is required for AER maintenance likely by regulating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- HIF1alpha regulation of Sox9 is necessary to maintain differentiation of hypoxic prechondrogenic cells during early skeletogenesisRoy Amarilio
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, PO Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Development 134:3917-28. 2007..This work establishes for the first time HIF1alpha as a key component in the genetic program that regulates chondrogenesis by regulating Sox9 expression in hypoxic prechondrogenic cells...
- Noggin expands neural stem cells in the adult hippocampusMichael A Bonaguidi
Davee Department of Neurology, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 28:9194-204. 2008..protein (BMP) signaling occur in hippocampal but not SVZ precursors in vitro, and blocking BMP signaling with Noggin is sufficient to foster hippocampal cell self-renewal, proliferation, and multipotentiality using single-cell ..
- Molecular mechanisms of cleft lip formation in CL/Fr miceManabu Nakazawa
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kinki University Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 42:225-32. 2008..Slug mRNA expression was also significantly reduced whereas noggin was increased in CL/Fr embryos with cleft lip...
- Conversion of the nipple to hair-bearing epithelia by lowering bone morphogenetic protein pathway activity at the dermal-epidermal interfaceJulie Ann Mayer
Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Pathol 173:1339-48. 2008..our hypothesis, we used a transgenic mouse model in which keratin 14 (KRT14) promoter-mediated overexpression of Noggin, a BMP antagonist, modulates BMP activity...
- Paracrine factors of vascular endothelial cells facilitate cardiomyocyte differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cellsMiwako Kado
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:413-8. 2008..These results suggest that supplementation of EC-conditioned medium enables cardiomyocytes to be obtained efficiently through promotion of mesoderm induction, which is regulated by BMP, COX, and NOS...
- Mouse Shh is required for prechordal plate maintenance during brain and craniofacial morphogenesisKazushi Aoto
Molecular Neuropathology Group, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Dev Biol 327:106-20. 2009..These findings provide new insight into the mechanism underlying HPE pathoetiology during dynamic brain and craniofacial morphogenesis...
- Hand2 is required in the epithelium for palatogenesis in miceWei Xiong
Division of Developmental Biology, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 330:131-41. 2009..We further demonstrate that BMP activities are essential for the expression of Hand2 in the palate. We conclude that Hand2 is an intrinsic regulator in the epithelium and is required for palate development...
- Twisted gastrulation limits apoptosis in the distal region of the mandibular arch in miceBreAnne MacKenzie
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0356, USA
Dev Biol 328:13-23. 2009..Altered distribution of BMP signaling leads to a shift in gene expression and increase in apoptosis. The extent of apoptosis may account for the variable degree of mandibular defects in Twsg1 mutants...
- BMP and BMP receptor expression during murine organogenesisShahab M Danesh
Department of Molecular Biology, NA8 300, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:255-65. 2009..Bmp2, Bmp4, Bmp7) and three BMP receptors (Bmpr1a, Bmpr1b, and BmprII), as well as their molecular antagonist (noggin), in the early embryo during the initial steps of murine organogenesis...
- Loss of connexin43-mediated gap junctional coupling in the mesenchyme of limb buds leads to altered expression of morphogens in miceRadoslaw Dobrowolski
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Genetics, Berlin, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:2899-911. 2009..Besides diminished interdigital apoptosis, the decreased expression of Bmp2 in Cx43 mutants may also be involved in other morphological alterations in patients suffering from ODDD...
- Regulation of lens gap junctions by Transforming Growth Factor betaBruce A Boswell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:1686-97. 2010..They also provide an explanation for how pathologically increased TGF-beta signaling could contribute to cataract formation...
- Cyclic expression of lhx2 regulates hair formationGunilla Törnqvist
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS Genet 6:e1000904. 2010....
- Noggin induces human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells to differentiate into neural and photoreceptor cellsYu X Tao
Southwest Hospital Southwest Eye Hospital, Chongqing Institute of Retina, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Indian J Exp Biol 48:444-52. 2010The present study was undertaken to explore the effect of noggin on neuronal differentiating potential of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hBMMSCs) in vitro so as to provide a means of alleviate retinal degeneration...
- BMP signaling in the development of the mouse esophagus and forestomachPavel Rodriguez
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 137:4171-6. 2010..Together, these findings suggest multiple roles for BMP signaling in the developing esophagus and forestomach...
- A role for Zic1 and Zic2 in Myf5 regulation and somite myogenesisHua Pan
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Dev Biol 351:120-7. 2011..Myf5 activation in newly forming somites is delayed in Zic2 mutant embryos until the time of Zic1 activation, and both Zic2 and Myf5 require noggin for their activation.
- Analysis of mutants with altered shh activity and posterior digit loss supports a biphasic model for shh function as a morphogen and mitogenJianjian Zhu
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, CCR, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
Dev Dyn 240:1303-10. 2011..Eomesodermin expression, as an independent marker of posterior digit identity, confirmed that proper digit 4 specification requires only the transient phase of Shh activity...
- Analysis of the dynamics of limb transcriptomes during mouse developmentIstván Gyurján
School of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale, Station 19, Lausanne, 1215 Switzerland
BMC Dev Biol 11:47. 2011..In addition, limbs are amongst the first targets of malformations in human and they display a huge realm of evolutionary variations within tetrapods, which make them a paradigm to study the regulatory genome...
- Noggin null allele mice exhibit a microform of holoprosencephalyEva Lana-Elola
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:4005-15. 2011..In this study, we analyzed mice which, due to the lack of the Bmp antagonist Noggin, exhibit elevated Bmp signaling...
- Tissue interaction is required for glenoid fossa development during temporomandibular joint formationYing Wang
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, College of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, P R China
Dev Dyn 240:2466-73. 2011..These observations suggest that proper signals from the developing condyle or Meckel's cartilage are required to sustain the glenoid fossa development...
- Emx1 and Emx2 functions in development of dorsal telencephalonM Yoshida
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics IMEG, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Development 124:101-11. 1997..In the more lateral region of telencephalon, Emx2-deficiency may be compensated for by Emx1 and vice versa. Phenotypes of newborn brains also suggest that these genes function in neurogenesis corresponding to their later expressions...
- Chromosomal mapping of osteopenia-associated quantitative trait loci using closely related mouse strainsH Benes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
J Bone Miner Res 15:626-33. 2000..Such recurrent appearance of QTLs, especially in crosses involving distantly-related strains, implies that polymorphism at these loci may be favored by evolution and might underlie variation in peak bone density among humans...
- Sequence, chromosomal location and expression analysis of the murine homologue of human RAD51L2/RAD51CC S Leasure
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, P O Box B, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Gene 271:59-67. 2001..The murine Rad51l2 gene maps to chromosome 11 and is located in the syntenic region of human chromosome 17q22-23, where the human RAD51L2 is present...
- Chordin and noggin promote organizing centers of forebrain development in the mouseRyan M Anderson
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710 3709, USA
Development 129:4975-87. 2002In this study we investigate the roles of the organizer factors chordin and noggin, which are dedicated antagonists of the bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), in formation of the mammalian head...
- Cell fate decisions within the mouse organizer are governed by graded Nodal signalsStephane D Vincent
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Genes Dev 17:1646-62. 2003..These findings conclusively demonstrate that graded Nodal/Smad2 signals govern allocation of the axial mesendoderm precursors that selectively give rise to the ADE and PCP mesoderm...
- Dkk1 and noggin cooperate in mammalian head inductionIvan del Barco Barrantes
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 17:2239-44. 2003..In Xenopus, simultaneous reduction of the BMP antagonists chordin and noggin, and the Wnt antagonist dickkopf1 (dkk1) leads to anterior truncations...
- Combinatorial activities of Smad2 and Smad3 regulate mesoderm formation and patterning in the mouse embryoN Ray Dunn
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 131:1717-28. 2004..Collectively, these results demonstrate that dose-dependent Smad2 and Smad3 signals cooperatively mediate cell fate decisions in the early mouse embryo...
- Gata4 expression in lateral mesoderm is downstream of BMP4 and is activated directly by Forkhead and GATA transcription factors through a distal enhancer elementAnabel Rojas
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Development 132:3405-17. 2005..Furthermore, the activity of the Gata4 lateral mesoderm enhancer is attenuated by the BMP antagonist Noggin, and the enhancer is not activated in Bmp4-null embryos...
- The bone morphogenetic protein antagonist noggin regulates mammalian cardiac morphogenesisMurim Choi
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circ Res 100:220-8. 2007..Here we address the functions of Noggin, a dedicated BMP antagonist, in the developing mouse heart...
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A ROLE FOR NOGGIN AND BMP2/4 IN HAIR GROWTH CONTROLVladimir Botchkarev; Fiscal Year: 2003..proteins 2/4 (BMP2/4), members of transforming growth factor- beta/BMP superfamily, and their specific antagonist noggin, which binds BMP2/4 with high affinity and prevents their interactions with BMP receptors, play essential roles in ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CHEMOTHERAPY-INDUCED HAIR LOSSVladimir Botchkarev; Fiscal Year: 2005..Patients with many forms of p53-negative cancers treated by chemotherapy may ultimately benefit from this study. ..
- FUNCTION OF NOGGIN IN HAIR FOLLICLE GROWTH AND DISEASEVladimir Botchkarev; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Noggin is a specific antagonist of bone morphogenic proteins 2 and 4 (BMP 2 and 4), members of TGF beta BMP superfamily...
- TGF-beta Signaling in Mesenchymal ChondroprogenitorsAnna Spagnoli; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of TGF-beta in MCC biology will provide a framework for therapeutic manipulations to optimize the use of MCC in cartilage diseases. ..