Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nfix
Description: nuclear factor I/X
Alias: CTF, NF-I/X, NF1-X, NFI-X, nuclear factor 1 X-type, CCAAT-box-binding transcription factor, TGGCA-binding protein, nuclear factor 1/X
- Nuclear factor one X regulates the development of multiple cellular populations in the postnatal cerebellumMichael Piper
School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Comp Neurol 519:3532-48. 2011..Here, we address the role of the transcription factor nuclear factor one X (NFIX), in postnatal development of the cerebellum...
- Absence of the transcription factor Nfib delays the formation of the basilar pontine and other mossy fiber nucleiAsli Kumbasar
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Comp Neurol 513:98-112. 2009..While the mossy fiber nuclei of the caudal medulla do form, they also exhibit a developmental delay. Nfia and Nfix null mice exhibit no apparent pontine phenotype, implying specificity in the action of NFI family members...
- The transcription factor Nfix is essential for normal brain developmentChristine E Campbell
Dept of Biochemistry and New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:52. 2008..Recently the Nfix gene has been disrupted and these studies indicated that there were largely uncharacterized defects in brain and ..
- Expression patterns of the four nuclear factor I genes during mouse embryogenesis indicate a potential role in developmentA Z Chaudhry
Department of Cancer Biology, Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Dev Dyn 208:313-25. 1997..We have isolated cDNAs from all four murine NFI genes (gene designations Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and Nfix), assessed the embryonic and postnatal expression patterns of the NFI genes, and determined the ability of specific ..
- Exon structure of the nuclear factor I DNA-binding domain from C. elegans to mammalsC F Fletcher
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mamm Genome 10:390-6. 1999..elegans NFI genes. The four murine NFI genes are on Chrs 4 (Nfia and Nfib), 8 (Nfix), and 10 (Nfic), suggesting early duplication of the genes and dispersal throughout the genome...
- Nuclear factor I coordinates multiple phases of cerebellar granule cell development via regulation of cell adhesion moleculesWei Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Neurosci 27:6115-27. 2007..Furthermore, they reveal how a single transcription factor family can control and integrate multiple aspects of neuronal differentiation through the regulation of cell adhesion molecules...
- Nuclear factor I X deficiency causes brain malformation and severe skeletal defectsKatrin Driller
Institut fur Biologie III, Fakultat fur Biologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Schanzlestrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 27:3855-3867. 2007..factor family of nuclear factor I (NFI) proteins is encoded by four closely related genes: Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and Nfix. A potential role for NFI proteins in regulating developmental processes has been implicated by their specific ..
- Genomic organization, splice products and mouse chromosomal localization of genes for transcription factor Nuclear Factor OneAlbert Gründer
Institut für Biologie III Genetik, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Schaenzlestrasse 1, D 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Gene 304:171-81. 2003....
- Transcriptional regulation of intermediate progenitor cell generation during hippocampal developmentLachlan Harris
The School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Development 143:4620-4630. 2016..Here, we examined IPC production using mice lacking the transcription factor nuclear factor I/X (Nfix)...
- NFIX regulates neural progenitor cell differentiation during hippocampal morphogenesisYee Hsieh Evelyn Heng
The School of Biomedical Sciences
Cereb Cortex 24:261-79. 2014..Here, we demonstrate that Nuclear factor one X (NFIX) is expressed by neural progenitor cells within the embryonic hippocampus, and that progenitor cell differentiation ..
- Heterozygosity for nuclear factor one x affects hippocampal-dependent behaviour in miceLachlan Harris
The School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e65478. 2013..the Nuclear factor one (Nfi) family, which encodes four site-specific transcription factors, NFIA, NFIB, NFIC and NFIX. In mice lacking Nfia, Nfib or Nfix, aspects of early hippocampal development, including neurogenesis within the ..
- Nuclear factor one X regulates Bobby sox during development of the mouse forebrainChantelle Dixon
The School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
Cell Mol Neurobiol 33:867-73. 2013The transcription factor nuclear factor one X (NFIX) plays a central role during the development of the neocortex and hippocampus, through the activation of astrocyte-specific gene expression and the repression of progenitor-specific ..
- Epigenomic enhancer annotation reveals a key role for NFIX in neural stem cell quiescenceBen Martynoga
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 27:1769-86. 2013..Interestingly, we found that the family member NFIX is robustly induced when NS cells enter quiescence...
- Age of onset of RNA toxicity influences phenotypic severity: evidence from an inducible mouse model of myotonic dystrophy (DM1)Jordan T Gladman
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72907. 2013..Furthermore, these results also represent the first murine model for early-onset DM1 and provide a tool to investigate the effects of RNA toxicity at various stages of development. ..
- Nfix is a novel regulator of murine hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survivalPer Holmfeldt
Department of Hematology and
Blood 122:2987-96. 2013..Here we show that Nfix, a member of the nuclear factor I (Nfi) family of transcription factors, is highly expressed by hematopoietic stem ..
- NFIX Regulates Proliferation and Migration Within the Murine SVZ Neurogenic NicheYee Hsieh Evelyn Heng
The School of Biomedical Sciences
Cereb Cortex 25:3758-78. 2015..One member, NFIX, regulates the development of the neocortex, hippocampus, and cerebellum...
- Nfix expression critically modulates early B lymphopoiesis and myelopoiesisCaitriona O'Connor
Paul O Gorman Leukaemia Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
PLoS ONE 10:e0120102. 2015..factors are important in regulating hematopoiesis and here we report an important physiological role of NFIX in B- and myeloid lineage commitment and differentiation...
- Expansion of the lateral ventricles and ependymal deficits underlie the hydrocephalus evident in mice lacking the transcription factor NFIXDiana Vidovic
The School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Brain Res 1616:71-87. 2015Nuclear factor one X (NFIX) has been shown to play a pivotal role during the development of many regions of the brain, including the neocortex, the hippocampus and the cerebellum...
- Nuclear factor I (NFI) isoforms differentially activate simple versus complex NFI-responsive promotersA Z Chaudhry
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 273:18538-46. 1998..Here, we show that NFI heterodimers have intermediate activation potentials compared with homodimers, demonstrating one potential mechanism by which different NFI proteins can regulate gene expression...
- Loss of NFIX Transcription Factor Biases Postnatal Neural Stem/Progenitor Cells Toward OligodendrogenesisBo Zhou
1 Department of Biochemistry, Genomics and Bioinformatics Program, New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
Stem Cells Dev 24:2114-26. 2015..In this study, we show that nuclear factor I X (NFIX), a transcription factor known to regulate NSC quiescence, also suppresses oligodendrogenesis (ODG) from NSCs...
- Differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to muscle fiber to model Duchenne muscular dystrophyJérome Chal
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC, CNRS UMR 7104, INSERM U964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch Graffenstaden, France
Nat Biotechnol 33:962-9. 2015..Fibers derived from ES cells of mdx mice exhibit an abnormal branched phenotype resembling that described in vivo, thus providing an attractive model to study the origin of the pathological defects associated with DMD. ..
- Nfix Regulates Temporal Progression of Muscle Regeneration through Modulation of Myostatin ExpressionGiuliana Rossi
Department of Biosciences, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Cell Rep 14:2238-49. 2016b>Nfix belongs to a family of four highly conserved proteins that act as transcriptional activators and/or repressors of cellular and viral genes...
- Conserved and divergent functions of Nfix in skeletal muscle development during vertebrate evolutionAnna Pistocchi
Department of Biosciences, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Development 140:1528-36. 2013During mouse skeletal muscle development, the Nfix gene has a pivotal role in regulating fetal-specific transcription. Zebrafish and mice share related programs for muscle development, although zebrafish develops at a much faster rate...
- Mouse model of muscleblind-like 1 overexpression: skeletal muscle effects and therapeutic promiseChristopher M Chamberlain
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:4645-54. 2012..In summary, MBNL1 overexpression may be a valuable strategy for treating the skeletal muscle features of DM...
- Serum response factor is required for cortical axon growth but is dispensable for neurogenesis and neocortical laminationPaul P Y Lu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 31:16651-64. 2011....
- Temporal control of a dendritogenesis-linked gene via REST-dependent regulation of nuclear factor I occupancyWei Wang
Department of Microbiology and Physiological Systems and Program in Neuroscience, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:868-79. 2011..They also establish a temporal function for REST in preventing premature promoter occupancy by NFI proteins in early-stage postmitotic neurons...
- SDF1/CXCR4 signalling regulates two distinct processes of precerebellar neuronal migration and its depletion leads to abnormal pontine nuclei formationYan Zhu
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamadaoka 1 3, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Development 136:1919-28. 2009..Furthermore, we provide the first in vivo evidence that pontine neurons themselves induce collateral branching from the corticospinal axons...
- Genetic analysis of anterior posterior expression gradients in the developing mammalian forebrainLili C Kudo
Program in Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:2108-22. 2007..These data provide an important set of new candidates for studies of cortical patterning and maturation...
- Mapping of the murine nuclear factor I/X gene (Nfix) to mouse chromosome 8 C1-2 by FISHH Scherthan
Abt Humanbiologie und Humangenetik der Universität, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Genomics 22:247-9. 1994
- NFI/X proteins: a class of NFI family of transcription factors with positive and negative regulatory domainsG Nebl
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Genetics, Germany
Cell Mol Biol Res 41:85-95. 1995..With the identification of the negative domain in the NFI/X proteins, we demonstrate here a novel regulatory feature of these proteins in positive and negative modulation of gene expression...
- Absence epilepsy in tottering mutant mice is associated with calcium channel defectsC F Fletcher
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Cell 87:607-17. 1996..These studies define the first mutations in a mammalian central nervous system-specific voltage-sensitive calcium channel and identify the first gene involved in absence epilepsy...
- Altered expression of the developmentally regulated NFI gene family during phorbol ester-induced differentiation of human leukemic cellsS Kulkarni
Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:501-10. 1996..These studies indicate that although their DNA-binding specificities are similar, the proteins encoded by the four NFI genes may differ in their biological functions and play distinct roles in hematopoietic development...
- NFI in the development of the olfactory neuroepithelium and the regulation of olfactory marker protein gene expressionM Behrens
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Eur J Neurosci 12:1372-84. 2000..These data on NFI activity, and on transcription factor expression, provide a basis to understand the role of NFI in regulating gene expression in olfactory receptor neurons...
- Transcription factor NF 1 expression in involuting mammary glandR Kane
Dept of Pharmacology, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Adv Exp Med Biol 480:117-22. 2000Transcripts of each of the four NF1 genes (NF1 A, B, C (CTF/NF1) and X) are expressed in both lactating and involuting mouse mammary gland but there is an indication that increased expression of an NF1 C (CTF/NF1) transcript accompanies ..
- Regulation of renin enhancer activity by nuclear factor I and Sp1/Sp3Li Pan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263 0001, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1625:280-90. 2003..Real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assays have demonstrated that NFI-X is the predominant NFI mRNA expressed in As4.1 cells. Direct study of involvement of NFI-X in regulation of renin genes is underway...
- Global analysis of genes differentially expressed in branching and non-branching regions of the mouse embryonic lungJINING LU
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 273:418-35. 2004..Our data suggest that these genes may regulate focal developmental events specific of each of these regions during respiratory tract formation...
- Transcriptome analysis of the murine forelimb and hindlimb autopodSiming Shou
Research Division, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Dyn 234:74-89. 2005..05) suggesting that by E 12.5, unique gene combinations are being used during the differentiation of each autopod type...
- Repressors NFI and NFY participate in organ-specific regulation of von Willebrand factor promoter activity in transgenic miceMarjan Nassiri
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AL, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1423-9. 2010..To determine the role of repressors in cell type and organ-specific activation of von Willebrand factor (VWF) promoter sequences -487 to 247 in vivo...
- Morphogenetic lung defects of JSAP1-deficient embryos proceeds via the disruptions of the normal expressions of cytoskeletal and chaperone proteinsHye Yeong Ha
Division of Nano Sciences and Brain Disease Research Institute, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Proteomics 8:1071-80. 2008....
- Transcription and chromatin organization of a housekeeping gene cluster containing an integrated beta-globin locus control regionDaan Noordermeer
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 4:e1000016. 2008..We identified long-range interactions between the LCR and two upregulated genes and propose that LCR-gene contacts via chromatin looping determine which genes are transcriptionally enhanced...
- NFIX--one gene, two knockouts, multiple effectsVladimir Pekarik
Center of Regenerative Medicine in Barcelona, Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol 7:29. 2008A previous knockout of the transcription factor gene nuclear factor IX (NFIX) in mice produced impaired development of the corpus callosum and severe skeletal defects...
- A DNA sequence directed mutual transcription regulation of HSF1 and NFIX involves novel heat sensitive protein interactionsUmashankar Singh
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5050. 2009Though the Nuclear factor 1 family member NFIX has been strongly implicated in PDGFB-induced glioblastoma, its molecular mechanisms of action remain unknown...
- Chromosomal localization of the four genes (NFIA, B, C, and X) for the human transcription factor nuclear factor I by FISHF Qian
Institut fur Biologie III, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Genomics 28:66-73. 1995..in the human genome, we isolated partial cDNA sequences derived from four independent genes: NFIA, NFIB, NFIC, and NFIX. Corresponding clones of genomic DNA served as probes for fluorescence in situ hybridization on human metaphase ..
- The epidermal differentiation-associated Grainyhead gene Get1/Grhl3 also regulates urothelial differentiationZhengquan Yu
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4030, USA
EMBO J 28:1890-903. 2009..These results show a crucial role for Get1 in urothelial differentiation and barrier formation...
- Regulation of the CYP3A4 and CYP3A7 promoters by members of the nuclear factor I transcription factor familyAmanda K Riffel
Division of Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:1104-14. 2009..These results demonstrate that members of the NFI transcription factor family regulate CYP3A4 and CYP3A7 basal expression in an isoform- and promoter-specific manner...
- Nfix regulates fetal-specific transcription in developing skeletal muscleGraziella Messina
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Cell 140:554-66. 2010..We show here that the transcription factor nuclear factor one X (Nfix), whose expression is activated by Pax7 in fetal muscle, in turn activates the transcription of fetal specific ..