Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nedd4
Description: neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4
Alias: AA959633, AL023035, AU019897, E430025J12Rik, Nedd4-1, Nedd4a, mKIAA0093, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase NEDD4, HECT-type E3 ubiquitin transferase NEDD4, NEDD-4, neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 4, neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated gene 4, neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated gene 4a, neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulted gene 4
- Function of WW domains as phosphoserine- or phosphothreonine-binding modulesP J Lu
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 283:1325-8. 1999..WW domains of the essential mitotic prolyl isomerase Pin1 and the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 bound to phosphoproteins, including physiological substrates of enzymes, in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- N4WBP5, a potential target for ubiquitination by the Nedd4 family of proteins, is a novel Golgi-associated proteinKieran F Harvey
Hanson Center for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:9307-17. 2002b>Nedd4 belongs to a family of ubiquitin-protein ligases that is characterized by 2--4 WW domains, a carboxyl-terminal Hect (homologous to E6-AP Carboxyl terminus)domain and in most cases an amino-terminal C2 domain...
- Serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 regulates ubiquitin ligase neural precursor cell-expressed, developmentally down-regulated protein 4-2 by inducing interaction with 14-3-3Vivek Bhalla
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0532, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:3073-84. 2005..Recent evidence has established that SGK1 phosphorylates and inhibits Nedd4-2 (neural precursor cell-expressed, developmentally down-regulated protein 4-2), a ubiquitin ligase that decreases ..
- APOBEC3G ubiquitination by Nedd4-1 favors its packaging into HIV-1 particlesSylvie Dussart
Inserm Unité 372, Universite de la Mediterranee, 163 Avenue de Luminy, BP178, 13276 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Mol Biol 345:547-58. 2005..Here, we demonstrate that Nedd4-1, an HECT E3 ubiquitin ligase, interacts with APOBEC3G, through its WW2 and WW3 domains...
- Identification of a set of genes with developmentally down-regulated expression in the mouse brainS Kumar
Department of Viral Oncology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 185:1155-61. 1992..Their patterns of expression indicate that these genes may play important roles during the embryonic development and differentiation of central nervous system...
- Nedd4 controls animal growth by regulating IGF-1 signalingXiao R Cao
Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Sci Signal 1:ra5. 2008The ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 has been proposed to regulate a number of signaling pathways, but its physiological role in mammals has not been characterized...
- The ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 is dispensable for the regulation of PTEN stability and localizationFatemeh Fouladkou
Hospital for Sick Children and Biochemistry Department, University of Toronto, MaRS TMDT, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8585-90. 2008PTEN is a tumor suppressor frequently mutated in cancer. Recent reports implicated Nedd4-1 as the E3 ubiquitin ligase for PTEN that regulates its stability and nuclear localization...
- Abnormal development of the neuromuscular junction in Nedd4-deficient miceYun Liu
Department of Neuroscience, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9111, USA
Dev Biol 330:153-66. 2009b>Nedd4 (neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated gene 4) is an E3 ubiquitin ligase highly conserved from yeast to humans...
- Nedd4-2-mediated ubiquitination facilitates processing of surfactant protein-CJuliana J Conkright
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:181-9. 2010..Purified recombinant glutathione S-transferase-SP-C propeptide (residues 1-35) bound recombinant Nedd4-2 strongly, and Nedd4 weakly; the S(12)PPDYS(17)mutation abrogated binding of SP-C to Nedd4-2...
- NEDD4-1 is a proto-oncogenic ubiquitin ligase for PTENXinjiang Wang
Cell Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 522, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 128:129-39. 2007..regulated by ubiquitin-mediated proteasomal degradation, and purified its ubiquitin ligase as HECT-domain protein NEDD4-1. In cells NEDD4-1 negatively regulates PTEN stability by catalyzing PTEN polyubiquitination...
- The ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 is required for heart development and is a suppressor of thrombospondin-1Fatemeh Fouladkou
Program in Cell Biology and the Mouse Imaging Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:6770-80. 2010b>Nedd4 (Nedd4-1) is a Hect domain E3 ubiquitin ligase that also contains a C2 domain and three WW domains. Despite numerous in vitro studies, its biological function in vivo is not well understood...
- Molecular determinants of voltage-gated sodium channel regulation by the Nedd4/Nedd4-like proteinsJean Sebastien Rougier
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Service of Cardiology, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 27, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C692-701. 2005..COOH-terminal sequence, PPSYDSV, is a PY motif known to bind to WW domains of E3 protein-ubiquitin ligases of the Nedd4 family. We recently reported that cardiac Na(v)1.5 is regulated by Nedd4-2...
- Regulation of Rap2A by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 controls neurite developmentHiroshi Kawabe
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 65:358-72. 2010b>Nedd4-1 is a "neuronal precursor cell expressed and developmentally downregulated protein" and among the most abundant E3 ubiquitin ligases in mammalian neurons...
- cDNA cloning, expression analysis, and mapping of the mouse Nedd4 geneS Kumar
The Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Rundle Mall, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Genomics 40:435-43. 1997The Nedd4 gene was initially identified by a subtraction cloning approach as a highly expressed transcript in the mouse embryonic brain...
- Nedd4-like proteins: an emerging family of ubiquitin-protein ligases implicated in diverse cellular functionsK F Harvey
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Trends Cell Biol 9:166-9. 1999The members of an emerging family of proteins similar to Nedd4 have a unique modular structure consisting of a Ca2+/lipid-binding domain, multiple protein-protein interaction modules and a ubiquitin-protein ligase domain...
- A novel mouse Nedd4 protein suppresses the activity of the epithelial Na+ channelE Kamynina
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
FASEB J 15:204-214. 2001..mutations alter or delete PY motifs involved in protein-protein interactions with a ubiquitin-protein ligase, Nedd4. Here we show that Na+ transporting cells, derived from mouse cortical collecting duct, express two Nedd4 proteins ..
- Learning, memory and long-term potentiation are altered in Nedd4 heterozygous miceDaria Camera
Health Innovations Research Institute, School of Medical Science, RMIT University, P O Box 71, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Behav Brain Res 303:176-81. 2016..AMPA receptor trafficking is a key determinant of LTP and recently ubiquitination by Nedd4 has been shown to play an important role via direct action on the GluA1 subunit, although the physiological ..
- Rsp5/Nedd4 is the main ubiquitin ligase that targets cytosolic misfolded proteins following heat stressNancy N Fang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Centre for High Throughput Biology, University of British Columbia, 2125 East Mall Vancouver, British Columbia V6T1Z4, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 16:1227-37. 2014..We found that Rsp5 and its mammalian homologue Nedd4 are important E3 ligases responsible for the increased ubiquitylation induced by heat stress...
- PDLIM7 is a novel target of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 in skeletal muscleRobert D'Cruz
Keenan Center for Biomedical Research, St Michaels Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5B 1W8
Biochem J 473:267-76. 2016..system (UPS) is the predominant proteolytic machinery responsible for atrophy of skeletal muscle, and Nedd4-1 (neural precursor cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated 4-1) is one of a series of E3 ubiquitin ligases ..
- NEDD4 Regulates PAX7 Levels Promoting Activation of the Differentiation Program in Skeletal Muscle PrecursorsFrancisco Bustos
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Stem Cells 33:3138-51. 2015..Here we show that Pax7 levels are directly regulated by the ubiquitin-ligase Nedd4. Our results indicate that Nedd4 is expressed in quiescent and activated satellite cells, that Nedd4 and Pax7 ..
- Deubiquitylase OTUD3 regulates PTEN stability and suppresses tumorigenesisLin Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Nat Cell Biol 17:1169-81. 2015..These findings demonstrate that OTUD3 is an essential regulator of PTEN and that the OTUD3-PTEN signalling axis plays a critical role in tumour suppression. ..
- HECT E3 Ubiquitin Ligase Itch Functions as a Novel Negative Regulator of Gli-Similar 3 (Glis3) Transcriptional ActivityGary T Zeruth
Cell Biology Section, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0131303. 2015..These include the WW-domain-containing HECT E3 ubiquitin ligases, Itch, Smurf2, and Nedd4. The interaction between Glis3 and the HECT E3 ubiquitin ligases was verified by co-immunoprecipitation assays and ..
- Nedd4-induced monoubiquitination of IRS-2 enhances IGF signalling and mitogenic activityToshiaki Fukushima
1 Department of Animal Sciences and Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan 2 Department of Medical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Nat Commun 6:6780. 2015..Here we identify Nedd4 as an IRS-2 ubiquitin ligase...
- Functional interaction of phosphatase and tensin homologue (PTEN) with the E3 ligase NEDD4-1 during neuronal response to zincYoung Don Kwak
Neurodegenerative Disease Program, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 285:9847-57. 2010..b>NEDD4-1-mediated PTEN ubiquitination and subsequent degradation via the ubiquitin proteosomal system have recently been ..
- Synaptic strength is bidirectionally controlled by opposing activity-dependent regulation of Nedd4-1 and USP8Samantha L Scudder
University of California San Diego, Section of Neurobiology, Division of Biological Sciences, La Jolla, California 92093
J Neurosci 34:16637-49. 2014..Previous work has demonstrated that AMPARs undergo activity-dependent ubiquitination by the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1, which promotes their internalization and degradation in lysosomes...
- Nedd4-1 and beta-arrestin-1 are key regulators of Na+/H+ exchanger 1 ubiquitylation, endocytosis, and functionAlexandre Simonin
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 15, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 285:38293-303. 2010..This process requires the adapter protein β-arrestin-1 that interacts with both the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 and the NHE1 C terminus...
- Neuronal precursor cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated 4-1 (NEDD4-1) controls the sorting of newly synthesized Ca(V)1.2 calcium channelsJean Sebastien Rougier
Department of Neurosciences, Physiology, and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:8829-38. 2011Neuronal precursor cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated 4 (Nedd4) proteins are ubiquitin ligases, which attach ubiquitin moieties to their target proteins, a post-translational modification that is most commonly associated with ..
- Respiratory distress and perinatal lethality in Nedd4-2-deficient miceNatasha A Boase
Department of Haematology, Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, PO Box 14, Rundle Mall, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Nat Commun 2:287. 2011..In vitro studies show that the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 ubiquitinates ENaC to regulate its cell surface expression...
- E3 ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b regulates Pten via Nedd4 in T cells independently of its ubiquitin ligase activityHui Guo
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cell Rep 1:472-82. 2012..Suppression of Pten inactivation in T cells by Cbl-b is achieved by impeding the association of Pten with Nedd4, which targets Pten K13 for K63-linked polyubiquitination...
- Upregulation of the E3 ligase NEDD4-1 by oxidative stress degrades IGF-1 receptor protein in neurodegenerationYoung Don Kwak
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Neurosci 32:10971-81. 2012The importance of ubiquitin E3 ligases in neurodegeneration is being increasingly recognized. The crucial role of NEDD4-1 in neural development is well appreciated; however, its role in neurodegeneration remains unexplored...
- E3-ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 determines the fate of AID-associated RNA polymerase II in B cellsJianbo Sun
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genes Dev 27:1821-33. 2013..Here we report that E3-ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 destabilizes AID-associated RNA polII by a ubiquitination event, leading to generation of 3' end free RNA exosome ..
- Subtle gait abnormalities in Nedd4 heterozygous miceDaria Camera
Health Innovations Research Institute, School of Medical Science, RMIT University, PO Box 71, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Behav Brain Res 260:15-24. 2014b>Nedd4 is a widely expressed ubiquitin ligase that is necessary for normal neuronal development and function...
- Regulation of Mdm2 protein stability and the p53 response by NEDD4-1 E3 ligaseC Xu
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Oncogene 34:281-9. 2015..Here we report biochemical identification of NEDD4-1 as an E3 ligase for Mdm2 that contributes to the regulation of Mdm2 protein stability in cells...
- NEDD4 controls the expression of GUCD1, a protein upregulated in proliferating liver cellsMarina Maria Bellet
Department of Experimental Medicine University of Perugia Perugia, Italy
Cell Cycle 13:1902-11. 2014..assay, aimed at identifying any relevant interaction partners of GUCD1, revealed direct interactions with NEDD4-1 (E3 ubiquitin protein ligase neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally downregulated gene 4), resulting ..
- NEDD4 ubiquitinates TRAF3 to promote CD40-mediated AKT activationDi Feng Fang
1 State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, National Center of Biomedical Analysis, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China 2
Nat Commun 5:4513. 2014..Here we report that the neural precursor cell expressed developmentally downregulated protein 4 (NEDD4), homologous to E6-AP Carboxyl Terminus family E3 ubiquitin ligase, is a novel component of the CD40 signalling ..
- The Vif protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 is posttranslationally modified by ubiquitinSylvie Dussart
INSERM Unit 372, Universite de la Mediterranee, 163 Avenue de Luminy, BP178, 13276 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315:66-72. 2004..Vif is mainly mono-ubiquitinated, a modification known to address the Gag precursor to the virus budding site...
- The Thoc1 encoded ribonucleoprotein is a substrate for the NEDD4-1 E3 ubiquitin protein ligaseFei Song
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57995. 2013..we demonstrate that the essential THO protein component encoded by the Thoc1 gene is poly-ubiquitinated by the NEDD4-1 E3 ubiquitin ligase. Poly-ubiquitinated pThoc1 is degraded by the proteasome...
- Patched dependence receptor triggers apoptosis through ubiquitination of caspase-9Joanna Fombonne
Apoptosis, Cancer and Development Laboratory Equipe labellisée La Ligue, LabEx DEVweCAN, Centre de Cancérologie de Lyon, Institut, Universite de Lyon, 69008 Lyon, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:10510-5. 2012..We show here that this caspase-activating complex also includes the E3 ubiquitin ligase NEDD4. We demonstrate that Ptc-mediated apoptosis and Ptc-induced caspase-9 activation require NEDD4...
- U box proteins as a new family of ubiquitin-protein ligasesS Hatakeyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:33111-20. 2001..These data suggest that U box proteins constitute a third family of E3 enzymes and that E4 activity may reflect a specialized type of E3 activity...
- Identification of ubiquitin-modified lysine residues and novel phosphorylation sites on eukaryotic initiation factor 2B epsilonAlexander P Tuckow
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:41-6. 2013..Moreover, peptides corresponding to the amino acid sequence of the E3 ligase NEDD4 were also detected in the LC-MS/MS analysis, and an interaction between endogenous eIF2Bε with NEDD4 was ..
- An obligatory heterodimer of 14-3-3beta and 14-3-3epsilon is required for aldosterone regulation of the epithelial sodium channelXiubin Liang
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27418-25. 2008Increased distal nephron sodium absorption in response to aldosterone involves Nedd4-2 phosphorylation, which blocks its ability to ubiquitylate ENaC and increases apical membrane channel density by reducing its endocytosis...
- MGRN1-dependent pigment-type switching requires its ubiquitination activity but not its interaction with TSG101 or NEDD4Teresa M Gunn
McLaughlin Research Institute, Great Falls, MT, USA Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:263-8. 2013..Here, we show that MGRN1 also interacts with but does not ubiquitinate NEDD4, a HECT-domain ubiquitin ligase involved in endosomal trafficking...
- The ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 participates in denervation-induced skeletal muscle atrophy in micePreena Nagpal
Keenan Research Centre of the LiKaShing Knowledge Institute, St Michaels Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e46427. 2012..Our previous work suggested that the ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-1 is a potential mediator of skeletal muscle atrophy associated with inactivity (denervation, unloading and ..
- Phosphorylation of Kif26b promotes its polyubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation during kidney developmentTakeshi Terabayashi
Department of Kidney Development, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e39714. 2012..interacts with an E3 ubiquitin ligase, neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 4 (Nedd4) in developing kidney...
- Nedd4 is a specific E3 ubiquitin ligase for the NMDA receptor subunit GluN2DVivek Gautam
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985800 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5800, USA
Neuropharmacology 74:96-107. 2013..fragments used as bait, only the construct containing amino acids 983-1097 associated with an E3 ubiquitin ligase, Nedd4. A direct interaction between GluN2D and Nedd4 was confirmed both in vivo and in vitro...
- Identification of Nedd4 E3 ubiquitin ligase as a binding partner and regulator of MAK-V protein kinaseSvetlana V Kalinichenko
Institute of Gene Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
PLoS ONE 7:e39505. 2012..However molecular mechanisms of MAK-V action and regulation of its activity remain largely unknown. We identified Nedd4 as an interaction partner for MAK-V protein kinase...
- Hectd1 regulates intracellular localization and secretion of Hsp90 to control cellular behavior of the cranial mesenchymeAnjali A Sarkar
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Cell Biol 196:789-800. 2012....
- Differential regulation of Nedd4 ubiquitin ligases and their adaptor protein Ndfip1 in a rat model of ischemic strokeJenny Lackovic
Brain Development and Regeneration Laboratory, Florey Neuroscience Institutes, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Exp Neurol 235:326-35. 2012..Here, we demonstrate endogenous induction of HECT-type E3 ligases of the Nedd4 family and their adaptor Nedd4-family interacting protein 1 (Ndfip1) following transient focal cerebral ischemia ..
- A role for the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 in membrane sorting of LAPTM4 proteinsRuth Milkereit
Program in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Biochemistry Department, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e27478. 2011..While we had demonstrated earlier the requirement of the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 for LAPTM5 sorting to lysosomes, the regulation of sorting of LAPTM4 proteins is less clear.
- Tetracycline treatment retards the onset and slows the progression of diabetes in human amylin/islet amyloid polypeptide transgenic miceJacqueline F Aitken
School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Diabetes 59:161-71. 2010..Here, we used tetracycline, which modifies hA/hIAPP oligomerization, to probe mechanisms whereby hA/hIAPP causes diabetes in hemizygous hA/hIAPP-transgenic mice...
- Alternative splicing determines the domain structure of WWP1, a Nedd4 family proteinMarzena Flasza
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:431-7. 2002..Here we show that a human Nedd4 family gene, WWP1, is localized on 8q21 and generates at least six isoforms through alternative splicing...
- Isolation of differentially expressed genes from wild-type and Twist mutant mouse limb budsDavid A F Loebel
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Genesis 33:103-13. 2002....
- Identification of developmentally expressed proteins that functionally interact with Nedd4 ubiquitin ligaseRodolfo Murillas
Experimental Immunology Branch, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1360, USA
J Biol Chem 277:2897-907. 2002b>Nedd4 is a HECT domain-containing ubiquitin ligase that mediates ubiquitylation and proteasome degradation of target proteins...
- Identification of multiple proteins expressed in murine embryos as binding partners for the WW domains of the ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4C N Jolliffe
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, P O Box 14, Rundle Mall, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Biochem J 351:557-65. 2000b>Nedd4 is a member of a growing family of ubiquitin-protein ligases which consist of a lipid-binding domain, two to four WW domains and a C-terminal ubiquitin-protein ligase domain...
- Analysis of Nedd4 expression during skeletal development in the mouse limbA D Weston
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Mech Dev 94:247-50. 2000b>Nedd4, a ubiquitin-protein ligase, was originally identified as being down-regulated during development of the mouse brain (Nedd denotes neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated) (Kumar, S., Tomooka, Y., Noda, M...
- mGrb10 interacts with Nedd4A Morrione
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:24094-9. 1999..We have isolated a mouse cDNA clone containing the C2 domain of mouse Nedd4, a ubiquitin protein ligase (E3) that also contains a hect (homologous to the E6-AP carboxyl-terminus) domain and ..
- All three WW domains of murine Nedd4 are involved in the regulation of epithelial sodium channels by intracellular Na+K F Harvey
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:12525-30. 1999..contains a PPxY motif which is necessary for interaction with the WW domains of the ubiquitin-protein ligase, Nedd4. Disruption of this interaction, as in Liddle's syndrome where mutations delete or alter the PY motif of either ..
- The WW domain of neural protein FE65 interacts with proline-rich motifs in Mena, the mammalian homolog of Drosophila enabledK S Ermekova
Department of Biochemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 272:32869-77. 1997....
- Interaction of WW domains with hematopoietic transcription factor p45/NF-E2 and RNA polymerase IIN R Gavva
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 272:24105-8. 1997..We discuss the data in terms of possible new pathways through which the processes of transcriptional regulation by NF-E2 could be regulated in erythroid and megakaryote cells...
- Subcellular localization and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2) interactions of mammalian HECT family ubiquitin protein ligasesS Hatakeyama
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1152, USA
J Biol Chem 272:15085-92. 1997..Furthermore, the presence of two E2 binding sites within Nedd-4 suggests models for ubiquitination involving multiple E2 enzymes associated with E3s...
- WW domains of Nedd4 bind to the proline-rich PY motifs in the epithelial Na+ channel deleted in Liddle's syndromeO Staub
The Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Respiratory Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
EMBO J 15:2371-80. 1996..Using a yeast two-hybrid screen, we have now identified the rat homologue of Nedd4 (rNedd4) as the binding partner for the P2 regions of beta and gammarENaC...
- Regulation of the epithelial sodium channel by accessory proteinsKelly Gormley
Division of Neurosciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Biochem J 371:1-14. 2003..Several proteins acting in concert are an intrinsic part of this process but Nedd4 (neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated 4) is of central importance...
- Ebola virus matrix protein VP40 interaction with human cellular factors Tsg101 and Nedd4Joanna Timmins
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, 38042 Grenoble, France
J Mol Biol 326:493-502. 2003..Here, we report that Ebola VP40 can interact with cellular factors human Nedd4 and Tsg101 in vitro...
- Dlg3 trafficking and apical tight junction formation is regulated by nedd4 and nedd4-2 e3 ubiquitin ligasesClaude A Van Campenhout
Institute of Stem Cell Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Cell 21:479-91. 2011..Remarkably, of the four Dlg family members, Dlg3 exerts a distinct function by recruiting the ubiquitin ligases Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 through its PPxY motifs...
- Transcriptional programs in transient embryonic zones of the cerebral cortex defined by high-resolution mRNA sequencingAlbert E Ayoub
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14950-5. 2011..Additionally, we found intergenic transcriptionally active regions that possibly encode unique zone-specific transcripts. Finally, we present a high-resolution transcriptome map of transient zones in the embryonic mouse forebrain...
- The Grb10/Nedd4 complex regulates ligand-induced ubiquitination and stability of the insulin-like growth factor I receptorAndrea Vecchione
Department of Urology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3363-72. 2003..J. Biol. Chem. 272:26382-26387, 1997). With mGrb10alpha as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen, mouse Nedd4 (mNedd4-1), a ubiquitin protein ligase, was previously isolated as an interacting protein of Grb10 (A...
- Ubiquitin-specific protease 2-45 (Usp2-45) binds to epithelial Na+ channel (ENaC)-ubiquitylating enzyme Nedd4-2Benjamin Oberfeld
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F189-96. 2011..by ubiquitylation is controlled by the activity of two counteracting enzymes, the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-2 (mouse ortholog of human Nedd4L) and the ubiquitin-specific protease Usp2-45...
- Calcineurin imposes T cell unresponsiveness through targeted proteolysis of signaling proteinsVigo Heissmeyer
Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 5:255-65. 2004..Subsequent stimulation or homotypic cell adhesion promoted membrane translocation of Itch and the related protein Nedd4, resulting in degradation of two key signaling proteins, PKC-theta and PLC-gamma1...
- Structural basis for the interaction between the growth factor-binding protein GRB10 and the E3 ubiquitin ligase NEDD4Qingqiu Huang
MacCHESS, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 285:42130-9. 2010..It has been shown that GRB10 can interact with the C2 domain of the E3 ubiquitin ligase NEDD4 through its Src homology 2 (SH2) domain...
- Grb10 prevents Nedd4-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 degradationJoseph Murdaca
INSERM U145, Institut Federatif de Recherche 50, Faculte de Medecine, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Biol Chem 279:26754-61. 2004..In the present manuscript, we demonstrate that Grb10 stimulates VEGF-R2 expression by inhibiting the Nedd4-mediated VEGF-R2 degradation...
- Regulation of neuronal voltage-gated sodium channels by the ubiquitin-protein ligases Nedd4 and Nedd4-2Andrew B Fotia
Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:28930-5. 2004b>Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 are ubiquitin-protein ligases known to regulate a number of membrane proteins including receptors and ion transporters...
- Destabilization of DeltaNp63alpha by Nedd4-mediated ubiquitination and Ubc9-mediated sumoylation, and its implications on dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryoJeroen Bakkers
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Cell Cycle 4:790-800. 2005..we isolated two DeltaNp63alpha-modifying enzymes, the SUMO-conjugating enzyme Ubc9 and the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4. The proteins bind to distinct sites in the C-terminal region of DeltaNp63alpha, which are absent in the shorter ..
- Prolyl isomerase Pin1 shares functional similarity with phosphorylated CTD interacting factor PCIF1 in vertebrate cellsIzumi Yunokuchi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Genes Cells 14:1105-18. 2009..These results suggest that Pin1 may have overlapping cellular function with PCIF1 in vertebrate cells...
- GRK2 interacts with and phosphorylates Nedd4 and Nedd4-2Angeles Sanchez-Perez
Bosch Institute, Department of Pathology, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:611-5. 2007..They are inhibited by ubiquitin protein ligases, such as Nedd4 and Nedd4-2, which bind to proline-rich motifs (PY motifs) present in the C-termini of ENaC subunits...
- Grb10/Nedd4-mediated multiubiquitination of the insulin-like growth factor receptor regulates receptor internalizationGiada Monami
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:426-37. 2008..We have shown that Grb10 binds the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 and promotes IGF-I-stimulated ubiquitination, internalization, and degradation of the IGF-IR, thereby giving rise ..
- Functional regulation of the epithelial Na+ channel by IkappaB kinase-beta occurs via phosphorylation of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2Robert S Edinger
Renal Electrolyte Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 284:150-7. 2009..stimulation of ENaC activity occurs through enhanced channel surface expression and the ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-2 has emerged as a central locus for ENaC regulation at the plasma membrane, we tested the role of Nedd4-2 in this ..
- Nedd4 augments the adaptive immune response by promoting ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Cbl-b in activated T cellsBaoli Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Nat Immunol 9:1356-63. 2008b>Nedd4 and Itch are E3 ubiquitin ligases that ubiquitinate similar targets in vitro and thus are thought to function similarly. T cells lacking Itch show spontaneous activation and T helper type 2 polarization...
- Functional analysis of Attractin-Mahogunin signalingTERESA GUNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..As Mgn mutants display some phenotypes not observed in Atrn mutants, Lrn may compensate for loss of Atrn in some tissues and loss of both Lrn and Atrn may recapitulate the full Mgn phenotype. [unreadable] [unreadable]..