Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncf1
Description: neutrophil cytosolic factor 1
Alias: NCF-47K, NOXO2, Ncf-1, p47-phox, p47
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Caspase-1-induced pyroptosis is an innate immune effector mechanism against intracellular bacteriaEdward A Miao
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Immunol 11:1136-42. 2010..This demonstrates that activation of caspase-1 clears intracellular bacteria in vivo independently of IL-1β and IL-18 and establishes pyroptosis as an efficient mechanism of bacterial clearance by the innate immune system...
- Nox activator 1: a potential target for modulation of vascular reactive oxygen species in atherosclerotic arteriesXi Lin Niu
McAllister Heart Institute, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7005, USA
Circulation 121:549-59. 2010..Given the potential therapeutic importance of cell-specific inhibition of NADPH oxidase, we investigated the role of Nox activator 1 (NoxA1), a homolog of p67phox, in VSMC NADPH oxidase function and atherosclerosis...
- Superoxide production by macrophages and T cells is critical for the induction of autoreactivity and type 1 diabetesTerri C Thayer
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Diabetes 60:2144-51. 2011..We previously linked decreased monocyte ROS with diabetes resistance in the alloxan-resistant mouse, and NOD-Ncf1(m1J) mice with a genetic ablation of NOX activity had reduced and delayed type 1 diabetes compared with NOD mice.
- The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 (NOXO1)-dependent activation of NADPH oxidase 1 (NOX1) mediates endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) uncoupling and endothelial dysfunction in a streptozotocin-induced murine model of diabetesJ Y Youn
Division of Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Departments of Anesthesiology and Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Diabetologia 55:2069-79. 2012..The aim of the present study was to test the hypothesis that one or more NOX isoform(s) mediate(s) diabetic uncoupling of eNOS, which has been shown to occur in patients with diabetes to contribute to endothelial dysfunction...
- Neutrophils require SHP1 to regulate IL-1β production and prevent inflammatory skin diseaseBen A Croker
Cancer and Haematology Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Immunol 186:1131-9. 2011..These data indicate that the neutrophil- and IL-1-dependent disease in SHP1(Y208N/Y208N) mice is a consequence of loss of negative regulation of TLR and IL-1R signaling...
- Src phosphorylation of endothelial cell surface intercellular adhesion molecule-1 mediates neutrophil adhesion and contributes to the mechanism of lung inflammationGuoquan Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1342-50. 2011....
- Generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) is a key factor for stimulation of macrophage proliferation by ceramide 1-phosphateLide Arana
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of the Basque Country, 48080 Bilbao, Spain
Exp Cell Res 318:350-60. 2012..oxidase by C1P, which was determined by measuring phosphorylation of the p40phox subunit and translocation of p47phox from the cytosol to the plasma membrane...
- De novo ICAM-1 synthesis in the mouse lung: model of assessment of protein expression in lungsStephen M Vogel
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, The University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L496-501. 2006..Moreover, the general method presented herein has potential value in assessing mechanisms of gene and protein expression in the isolated-perfused mouse lung model...
- Mycobacteria-induced Gr-1+ subsets from distinct myeloid lineages have opposite effects on T cell expansionTherese A Dietlin
Department of Neurology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, MCA 245, 1333 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:1205-12. 2007..Coculture of p47phox-/- and inducible NO synthase-/- Gr-1+ cells confirmed this intercellular interaction...
- Ets-1 is a critical transcriptional regulator of reactive oxygen species and p47(phox) gene expression in response to angiotensin IIWeihua Ni
Division of Cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circ Res 101:985-94. 2007..In summary, Ets-1 functions as a critical downstream transcriptional mediator of Ang II ROS generation by regulating the expression of NAD(P)H oxidase subunits such as p47(phox)...
- Role of neutrophil NADPH oxidase in the mechanism of tumor necrosis factor-alpha -induced NF-kappa B activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in endothelial cellsJie Fan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3404-11. 2002..Thus, oxidant signaling by the PMN NAD(P)H oxidase complex is an important determinant of TNFalpha-induced NF-kappaB activation and ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cells...
- Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) attenuates diabetes development in mice through its antioxidative propertiesOrit Rozenberg
The Lipid Research Laboratory, The Technion Faculty of Medicine, The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences and Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Free Radic Biol Med 44:1951-9. 2008....
- The p47phox mouse knock-out model of chronic granulomatous diseaseS H Jackson
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1886, USA
J Exp Med 182:751-8. 1995..We have created a mouse model of CGD by targeted disruption of p47phox, one of the genes in which mutations cause human CGD...
- Enhanced host defense after gene transfer in the murine p47phox-deficient model of chronic granulomatous diseaseM Mardiney
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1886, USA
Blood 89:2268-75. 1997The p47phox-/- mouse exhibits a phenotype similar to that of human chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) and, thus, is an excellent model for the study of gene transfer technology...
- Listeriosis in p47(phox-/-) and TRp55-/- mice: protection despite absence of ROI and susceptibility despite presence of RNIR Endres
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich, Federal Republic of Germany
Immunity 7:419-32. 1997....
- P47(phox)-deficient NADPH oxidase defect in neutrophils of diabetic mouse strains, C57BL/6J-m db/db and db/+C K Huang
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3105, USA
J Leukoc Biol 67:210-5. 2000..Molecular analysis by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction identified three abnormal p47phox mRNA transcripts...
- Vascular effects following homozygous disruption of p47(phox) : An essential component of NADPH oxidaseE Hsich
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and the Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circulation 101:1234-6. 2000..We tested the contribution of this specific oxidase to the progression of atherosclerosis and the regulation of blood pressure...
- Oxidants from nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase are involved in triggering cell proliferation in the liver due to peroxisome proliferatorsI Rusyn
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Cancer Res 60:4798-803. 2000..b>p47phox is a critical subunit of NADPH OX; therefore, p47phox knockout mice were used to specifically address the ..
- NADPH oxidase-derived free radicals are key oxidants in alcohol-induced liver diseaseH Kono
Laboratory of Hepatobiology and Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7365, USA
J Clin Invest 106:867-72. 2000....
- Genetic requirement of p47phox for superoxide production by murine microgliaM C Lavigne
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FASEB J 15:285-7. 2001..Here, we provide genetic evidence that p47phox, an essential component of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, is required for superoxide anion release from microglia...
- Regulation of murine intestinal inflammation by reactive metabolites of oxygen and nitrogen: divergent roles of superoxide and nitric oxideC F Krieglstein
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
J Exp Med 194:1207-18. 2001..Mice genetically deficient ((-/-)) in either iNOS or the p47phox subunit of NADPH oxidase, transgenic (Tg) mice that overexpress SOD, and their respective wild-type (WT) ..
- p47phox is required for atherosclerotic lesion progression in ApoE(-/-) miceP A Barry-Lane
Sealy Center for Molecular Cardiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 108:1513-22. 2001..SMCs from wild-type, p47phox(-/-), and gp91phox(-/-) mice differed markedly with respect to growth factor responsiveness and ROS generation...
- Thioglycollate peritonitis in mice lacking C5, 5-lipoxygenase, or p47(phox): complement, leukotrienes, and reactive oxidants in acute inflammationBrahm H Segal
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Leukoc Biol 71:410-6. 2002..These data suggest that LTB(4) and C5a have separate but overlapping roles in thioglycollate-elicited peritonitis, and at least the leukotriene component is, in turn, regulated by reactive oxidants...
- Killing activity of neutrophils is mediated through activation of proteases by K+ fluxEmer P Reeves
Centre for Molecular Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Nature 416:291-7. 2002..We show that it is the proteases, thus activated, that are primarily responsible for the destruction of the bacteria...
- Role of NADPH oxidase in the mechanism of lung neutrophil sequestration and microvessel injury induced by Gram-negative sepsis: studies in p47phox-/- and gp91phox-/- miceXiao Pei Gao
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 168:3974-82. 2002....
- Mechanism of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase activation by angiotensin II. Role of the p47phox subunitJian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, King s College London, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:12094-100. 2003..These data indicate that angiotensin II-stimulated endothelial NADPH oxidase activity is regulated through serine phosphorylation of p47(phox) and its enhanced binding to p22(phox)...
- Deficiency of NADPH oxidase components p47phox and gp91phox caused granulomatous synovitis and increased connective tissue destruction in experimental arthritis modelsFons A J van de Loo
Department of Rheumatology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 163:1525-37. 2003..In contrast to wild-type mice, arthritis elicited in both p47phox(-/-) and gp91(-/-) mice showed more severe joint inflammation, which developed into a granulomatous synovitis...
- p47phox deficiency impairs NF-kappa B activation and host defense in Pseudomonas pneumoniaRuxana T Sadikot
Department of Veterans Affairs and Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Immunol 172:1801-8. 2004..These data indicate that the NADPH oxidase-dependent respiratory burst stimulated by Pseudomonas infection contributes to host defense by modulating redox-dependent signaling through the NF-kappaB pathway...
- Opposing roles of p47phox in basal versus angiotensin II-stimulated alterations in vascular O2- production, vascular tone, and mitogen-activated protein kinase activationJian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London, UK
Circulation 109:1307-13. 2004..The p47phox subunit plays an important role in Ang II-induced oxidase activation, but its role in basal oxidase activity and ..
- Enhanced autoimmunity, arthritis, and encephalomyelitis in mice with a reduced oxidative burst due to a mutation in the Ncf1 geneMalin Hultqvist
Section for Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:12646-51. 2004The Ncf1 gene was recently identified as a strong regulator of severe arthritis in rat. This finding was surprising, because the disease-promoting allele mediated a lower level of reactive oxygen species in NADPH oxidase-expressing cells...
- Acute tumor necrosis factor alpha signaling via NADPH oxidase in microvascular endothelial cells: role of p47phox phosphorylation and binding to TRAF4Jian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:2320-30. 2005..these pathways is unclear; however, a recent study suggested that TRAF4 could bind to the NADPH oxidase subunit p47phox. Here, we investigated the potential interaction between p47phox phosphorylation and TRAF4 binding and their ..
- Ncf1 (p47phox) polymorphism determines oxidative burst and the severity of arthritis in rats and miceMalin Hultqvist
Section for Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cell Immunol 233:97-101. 2005..By using an alternative approach, i.e., linkage analysis using relevant animal models we succeeded in finding the Ncf1 gene residing in the Pia4 quantitative trait locus to be responsible for the severity of pristane induced arthritis ..
- Virulence comparisons of Aspergillus nidulans mutants are confounded by the inflammatory response of p47phox-/- miceElaine Bignell
Department of Infectious Diseases, Imperial College London, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 73:5204-7. 2005..This demonstrates that p47(phox)(-/-) murine immunity contributes significantly to A. nidulans lethality. These data have wider implications for microbial virulence studies with p47(phox)(-/-) mice...
- Deletion of p47phox attenuates angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm formation in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceManesh Thomas
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Circulation 114:404-13. 2006..We reported that O2- levels, NADPH oxidase activity, and expression of the p47phox subunit of NADPH oxidase are increased in human abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs)...
- Acid aspiration-induced lung inflammation and injury are exacerbated in NADPH oxidase-deficient miceBrahm H Segal
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University at Buffalo State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214 3013, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L760-8. 2007..To evaluate the specific role of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase-derived ROIs in acid lung injury, the p47phox-/- knockout mouse model of chronic granulomatous disease was used...
- Critical role of the NAD(P)H oxidase subunit p47phox for left ventricular remodeling/dysfunction and survival after myocardial infarctionCarola Doerries
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung Kardiologie und Angiologie, Hannover, Germany
Circ Res 100:894-903. 2007..The NAD(P)H oxidase system represents therefore a potential novel therapeutic target to prevent cardiac failure after MI...
- Lack of reactive oxygen species breaks T cell tolerance to collagen type II and allows development of arthritis in miceMalin Hultqvist
Section for Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Immunol 179:1431-7. 2007..Low levels of ROS production, due to a mutation in the Ncf1 gene coding for the Ncf1 (alias p47(phox)) subunit of the NADPH oxidase complex, was shown to be associated with ..
- Memory CD8+ T cells mediate antibacterial immunity via CCL3 activation of TNF/ROI+ phagocytesEmilie Narni-Mancinelli
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale E 344, Groupe Avenir, Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Exp Med 204:2075-87. 2007..In this context, CCL3-secreting memory CD8+ T cells are able to mediate "bystander" killing of an unrelated pathogen upon antigen-specific reactivation, a mechanism that may be important for the design of therapeutic vaccines...
- Atherosclerosis is attenuated by limiting superoxide generation in both macrophages and vessel wall cellsAleksandr E Vendrov
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 3033 Old Clinic Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7005, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2714-21. 2007..The present study was designed to determine the relative contribution of monocyte/macrophage versus vascular wall cell NAD(P)H oxidase to atherogenesis in this model...
- Defective tryptophan catabolism underlies inflammation in mouse chronic granulomatous diseaseLuigina Romani
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, 06126 Perugia, Italy
Nature 451:211-5. 2008..Yet, this condition can be reverted by reactivating the pathway downstream of the superoxide-dependent step...
- Genetic ablation of NADPH oxidase enhances susceptibility to cigarette smoke-induced lung inflammation and emphysema in miceHongwei Yao
Department of Environmental Medicine, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester Medical Center, Box 850, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1222-37. 2008..Thus, these data suggest that genetic ablation of components of NADPH oxidase enhances susceptibility to the proinflammatory effects of CS leading to airspace enlargement and alveolar damage...
- p47phox-deficient immune microenvironment signals dysregulate naive T-cell apoptosisM Donaldson
Monocyte Trafficking Unit, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 145, USA
Cell Death Differ 16:125-38. 2009....
- Ncf1 provides a reactive oxygen species-independent negative feedback regulation of TLR9-induced IL-12p70 in murine dendritic cellsCornelia Richter
pharmazentrum frankfurt Center for Drug Research, Development, and Safety, Clinic of J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
J Immunol 182:4183-91. 2009..We investigated the regulatory function of Ncf1, an organizing protein of NADPH oxidase, in the signaling cascade of Toll-like receptors...
- Cytokine-dependent regulation of NADPH oxidase activity and the consequences for activated T cell homeostasisDivya Purushothaman
National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065, Karnataka, India
J Exp Med 206:1515-23. 2009..Thus, the NADPH oxidase may regulate adaptive immunity in addition to its previously well-characterized role in the innate response...
- Ncf1-associated reduced oxidative burst promotes IL-33R+ T cell-mediated adjuvant-free arthritis in miceKristin Hagenow
Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 183:874-81. 2009..Low levels of ROS production due to a polymorphism in the neutrophil cytosolic factor 1 (Ncf1) gene are associated with autoimmunity and arthritis severity in mouse models induced with adjuvant...
- Knockout of p47 phox uncovers a critical role of p40 phox in reactive oxygen species production in microvascular endothelial cellsLampson M Fan
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, AY Building, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1651-6. 2009..p40(phox) is an important regulatory subunit of NADPH oxidase, but its role in endothelial reactive oxygen species (ROS) production remains unknown...
- Exogenous pentraxin 3 restores antifungal resistance and restrains inflammation in murine chronic granulomatous diseaseCarmen D'Angelo
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Immunol 183:4609-18. 2009..Thus, PTX3 could be therapeutically used for the exploitation of NADPH-independent mechanism(s) of antifungal immune protection with limited immunopathology in CGD...
- NADPH oxidase limits innate immune responses in the lungs in miceBrahm H Segal
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9631. 2010..g., inflammatory bowel disease). The mechanisms by which NADPH oxidase regulates inflammation are not well understood...
- NADPH oxidase deficiency regulates Th lineage commitment and modulates autoimmunityHubert M Tse
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
J Immunol 185:5247-58. 2010..These data validate the role of superoxide in shaping Th responses and as a signaling intermediate to modulate Th17 and Th1 T cell responses...
- Ncf1 (p47phox) is essential for direct regulatory T cell mediated suppression of CD4+ effector T cellsOlga Efimova
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16013. 2011..Previous data indicates that Tregs may affect the microenvironment redox state. Given the inherent redox sensitivity of T cells, we tested the hypothesis that oxidants may mediate the direct suppression of Teffs by Tregs...
- Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase β and δ regulate neutrophil oxidase activation in response to Aspergillus fumigatus hyphaeKeith B Boyle
Inositide Laboratory, Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB22 3AT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 186:2978-89. 2011..These results start to define the signaling network controlling neutrophil ROS responses to A. fumigatus hyphae...
- Role of p47phox in antigen-presenting cell-mediated regulation of humoral immunity in miceSam Vasilevsky
Molecular Trafficking Unit, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2774-82. 2011..These findings demonstrate a novel benefit of NADPH oxidase 2 deficiency (ie, dependent inflammation in antigen-presenting cell-mediated humoral immunity) and that anti-Lm Ab can be protective in an immunodeficient CGD host...
- NADPH oxidase-2 derived ROS dictates murine DC cytokine-mediated cell fate decisions during CD4 T helper-cell commitmentMeghan A Jendrysik
Molecular Defenses Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28198. 2011....
- Divergent effects of p47(phox) phosphorylation at S303-4 or S379 on tumor necrosis factor-α signaling via TRAF4 and MAPK in endothelial cellsLei Teng
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1488-96. 2012..To define the mechanism of p47(phox) phosphorylation in regulating endothelial cell response to tumor necrosis factor-α (TNFα) stimulation...
- Reactive oxygen species produced by the NADPH oxidase 2 complex in monocytes protect mice from bacterial infectionsAngela Pizzolla
Medical Inflammation Research, Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 17177, Sweden
J Immunol 188:5003-11. 2012..Mice with a spontaneous mutation in Ncf1, which encodes the NCF1 (p47(phox)) subunit of NOX2, have defective phagocyte NOX2 activity...
- Deletion of p47phox attenuates the progression of diabetic nephropathy and reduces the severity of diabetes in the Akita mouseG C Liu
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, 7326 Medical Sciences Building, 1 Kings College Circle, Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Diabetologia 55:2522-32. 2012....
- PP2A-dependent control of transcriptionally active FOXO3a in CD8(+) central memory lymphocyte survival requires p47(phox)Q Liu
Molecular Trafficking Unit, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell Death Dis 3:e375. 2012..Our findings indicate a critical role for p47(phox) in a dynamic interplay between PP2A and FOXO3a that regulates pro-apoptotic Bim transcription in CD8(+) memory lymphocytes during infection...
- Loss of p47phox subunit enhances susceptibility to biomechanical stress and heart failure because of dysregulation of cortactin and actin filamentsVaibhav B Patel
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton T6G 2S2, AB, Canada
Circ Res 112:1542-56. 2013..We hypothesized that loss of p47(phox) subunit will result in decreased reactive oxygen species production and resistance to heart failure...
- Role of p47(phox) in vascular oxidative stress and hypertension caused by angiotensin IIUlf Landmesser
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine and Atlanta Veterans Administration Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Hypertension 40:511-5. 2002..These results suggest a pivotal role of the NAD(P)H oxidase and its subunit p47(phox) in the vascular oxidant stress and the blood pressure response to angiotensin II in vivo...
- Phagocyte NADPH oxidase, but not inducible nitric oxide synthase, is essential for early control of Burkholderia cepacia and chromobacterium violaceum infection in miceBrahm H Segal
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Infect Immun 71:205-10. 2003....
- T cells express a phagocyte-type NADPH oxidase that is activated after T cell receptor stimulationSharon H Jackson
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 5:818-27. 2004..Thus, mature T cells express a phagocyte-type NADPH oxidase that regulates elements of TCR signaling...
- Angiopoietin-1-induced angiogenesis is modulated by endothelial NADPH oxidaseJian xiong Chen
Center for Lung Research, Vanderbilt Univ Medical Center, MCN T 1217, Nashville, TN 37232 2650, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1563-72. 2006..Inhibition of the Tie-2 receptor inhibited Ang-1-induced endothelial migration and vessel sprouting. Together, our data strongly suggest that endothelial NADPH oxidase-derived ROS play a critical role in Ang-1-induced angiogenesis...
- Impaired immunity and enhanced resistance to endotoxin in the absence of neutrophil elastase and cathepsin GJ Tkalcevic
Department of Medicine, University College London, The Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, United Kingdom
Immunity 12:201-10. 2000..The data demonstrate a critical role of the nonoxidative effector mechanisms of neutrophils in host immunity and immunopathology and identify elastase and cathepsin G as effectors in the endotoxic shock cascade downstream of TNFalpha...
- p47phox-dependent NADPH oxidase regulates flow-induced vascular remodelingYves Castier
INSERM Centre de Recherche Cardiovasculaire Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Circ Res 97:533-40. 2005..Mice deficient for gp91phox and p47phox subunits of NADPH and wild-type controls were used. AVF greatly increased RCCA blood flow (0.78+/-0.12 to 4...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent membrane recruitment of Rac-1 and p47phox is critical for alpha-platelet-derived growth factor receptor-induced production of reactive oxygen speciesAnselm T Bäumer
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, 50937 Koln, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:7864-76. 2008..ROS are required for PDGF-AA-dependent chemotaxis but not proliferation...
- NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide impairs calcium transients and contraction in aged murine ventricular myocytesUwe Rueckschloss
Julius Bernstein Institute of Physiology, Martin Luther University Halle, Germany
Exp Gerontol 45:788-96. 2010..In summary, we show that increased superoxide formation by upregulated NADPH oxidase contributes significantly to age-dependent alterations in calcium handling and contractility of murine ventricular myocytes...
- Methamphetamine alters occludin expression via NADPH oxidase-induced oxidative insult and intact caveolaeMinseon Park
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky, KY 40536, USA
J Cell Mol Med 16:362-75. 2012....
- Reactive oxygen species delay control of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virusP A Lang
Institute of Experimental Immunology, University Hospital of Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
Cell Death Differ 20:649-58. 2013..Lack of the regulatory subunit p47phox of the NADPH oxidase diminished ROS production in these cells...
- Neuronal nitric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase interact to affect cognitive, affective, and social behaviors in miceJames C Walton
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 256:320-7. 2013..Toward this end, the p47phox subunit of NOX, and nNOS were deleted to generate double knockout mice that were used to characterize the ..
- Micro-RNA 21 inhibition of SMAD7 enhances fibrogenesis via leptin-mediated NADPH oxidase in experimental and human nonalcoholic steatohepatitisDiptadip Dattaroy
Environmental Health and Disease Laboratory, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 308:G298-312. 2015..To prove the role of the leptin-NADPH oxidase-miR21 axis, mice deficient in genes for leptin, p47phox, and miR21 were used...
- Germ-free mice deficient of reactive oxygen species have increased arthritis susceptibilityKajsa Wing
Medical Inflammation Research, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 45:1348-53. 2015..We generated germ-free ROS deficient Ncf1 mutant mice that when reared in specific pathogen-free condition, are highly susceptible to collagen-induced ..
- Novel role for non-muscle myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in hyperoxia-induced recruitment of cytoskeletal proteins, NADPH oxidase activation, and reactive oxygen species generation in lung endotheliumPeter V Usatyuk
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 287:9360-75. 2012..These results suggest a novel role for nmMLCK in hyperoxia-induced recruitment of cytoskeletal proteins and NADPH oxidase components to CEM, ROS production, and lung injury...
- Female mice lacking p47phox have altered adipose tissue gene expression and are protected against high fat-induced obesityMartin J J Ronis
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
Physiol Genomics 45:351-66. 2013..05) and had reduced serum triglycerides, leptin, and adiponectin relative to WT-HFD mice (P < 0.05). These data suggest that NOX2 is an important regulator of metabolic homeostasis and diet-induced obesity...
- Cloning and functional expression of the mouse homologue of p47phoxS H Jackson
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Immunogenetics 39:272-5. 1994
- Cloning and characterization of mouse intestinal MUC3 mucin: 3' sequence contains epidermal-growth-factor-like domainsL L Shekels
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota and VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Biochem J 330:1301-8. 1998..The mouse MUC3 cDNA sequence suggests that it is a novel non-polymerizing mucin which may participate in membrane or intermolecular interactions through its 3' non-repetitive region...
- Cloning and expression of bovine p47-phox and p67-phox: comparison with the human and murine homologsP L Bunger
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Leukoc Biol 67:63-72. 2000....
- Transient loss of resistance to pulmonary tuberculosis in p47(phox-/-) miceA M Cooper
Department of Microbiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Infect Immun 68:1231-4. 2000..This may be a consequence of increased tissue damage due to more rapid bacterial growth or may reflect a role for superoxide in controlling inflammation...
- ATP-mediated killing of intracellular mycobacteria by macrophages is a P2X(7)-dependent process inducing bacterial death by phagosome-lysosome fusionI P Fairbairn
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham University, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:3300-7. 2001..Macrophage death and mycobacterial killing induced by the ATP/P2X(7) signaling pathway can be uncoupled, and diverge proximal to phospholipase D activation...
- Essential role of the NADPH oxidase subunit p47(phox) in endothelial cell superoxide production in response to phorbol ester and tumor necrosis factor-alphaJian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s King s and St Thomas School of Medicine Denmark Hill Campus, King s College London, London, UK
Circ Res 90:143-50. 2002..These data show that endothelial cell p47(phox) is critical in the upregulation of NADPH oxidase activity by PMA and TNFalpha...
- Distinct roles of reactive nitrogen and oxygen species to control infection with the facultative intracellular bacterium Francisella tularensisHelena Lindgren
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Clinical Bacteriology, Umea University, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Infect Immun 72:7172-82. 2004....
- Conditional haploinsufficiency of NCF1 (encoding p47(phox)), a signaling gene with a heterozygous phenotype potentially subject to natural selectionN A Mitchison
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JF, UK
Immunol Lett 97:63-7. 2005..Searching for such a condition, we have re-examined the phenotype of mice +/- for the NCF1 gene encoding p47(phox) and humans +/- for NCF1 and NCF2 using a procedure that allowed the respiratory burst of ..
- Angiotensin II induces MMP-2 in a p47phox-dependent mannerMaren Luchtefeld
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:183-8. 2005..MMP-2 mRNA expression and activity were analyzed in wildtype and p47phox-deficient (p47phox-/-) murine smooth muscle cells (SMC)...
- Aggregated alpha-synuclein activates microglia: a process leading to disease progression in Parkinson's diseaseWei Zhang
Neuropharmacology Section, Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
FASEB J 19:533-42. 2005..Finally, NADPH oxidase could be an ideal target for potential pharmaceutical intervention, given that it plays a critical role in alpha-synuclein-mediated microglial activation and associated neurotoxicity...
- Genetics of autoimmune diseases: a multistep processM Johannesson
Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, Sweden
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 305:259-76. 2006..for RA resulted in the identification of one of the genes regulating severity of arthritis in rats and mice, the Ncf1 gene...
- Endosomal acidification and activation of NADPH oxidase isoforms are upstream events in hyperosmolarity-induced hepatocyte apoptosisRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University and Institut für Umweltmedizinische Forschung, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:23150-66. 2006..ROS formation involves a rapid ceramide- and protein kinase Czeta (PKCzeta)-dependent serine phosphorylation of p47phox and subsequent activation of NADPH oxidase isoforms...
- Critical role for p47phox in renin-angiotensin system activation and blood pressure regulationKarsten Grote
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 71:596-605. 2006..The cytosolic subunit p47phox is critically involved in agonist-induced NAD(P)H oxidase activation...
- NADPH oxidase modulates myocardial Akt, ERK1/2 activation, and angiogenesis after hypoxia-reoxygenationJian xiong Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2650, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1664-74. 2007..Our findings underscore the important role of NADPH oxidase and its subunit p47(phox) in modulating Akt and ERK1/2 activation, angiogenic growth factor expression, and angiogenesis in myocardium undergoing I/R...
- Transcriptome analysis of murine macrophages in response to infection with Streptococcus pyogenes reveals an unusual activation programOliver Goldmann
Infection Immunology Research Group, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Inhoffenstrasse 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Infect Immun 75:4148-57. 2007..pyogenes is mediated by phagocyte oxidase, as p47phox was up-regulated in infected cells. Indeed, the in vivo and in vitro killing of S...
- Reactive oxygen species and p47phox activation are essential for the Mycobacterium tuberculosis-induced pro-inflammatory response in murine microgliaChul Su Yang
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 301 747, S Korea
J Neuroinflammation 4:27. 2007..However, little is known about the intracellular signaling mechanisms governing these inflammatory responses in microglia in response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb)...
- Renovascular hypertension by two-kidney one-clip enhances endothelial progenitor cell mobilization in a p47phox-dependent mannerGustavo Salguero
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Germany
J Hypertens 26:257-68. 2008..Since bone marrow derived endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) contribute to vascular remodeling and repair, we investigated whether renovascular hypertension stimulates EPC mobilization in a NAD(P)H oxidase-dependent manner...
- Adenosine A2A receptor signaling regulation of cardiac NADPH oxidase activityDavid Ribé
Cardiovascular Research, Division of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Free Radic Biol Med 44:1433-42. 2008..of the selective A2AR antagonist SCH58261 (3-10 mg/kg body weight for 90 min) inhibited phosphorylation of p47phox (a regulatory subunit of Nox2), which was accompanied by a down-regulated cardiac ROS production (48+/-8%), and ..
- Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor signaling in flow-induced arterial remodelingHua Zhang
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7545, USA
Circ Res 102:1275-85. 2008..These findings suggest that HB-EGF signaling is required for low flow-induced hypertrophic remodeling and may participate in vascular wall disease and remodeling...
- Intermittent hypoxia has organ-specific effects on oxidative stressJonathan Jun
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1274-81. 2008..In p47(phox)-deficient mice, MDA levels were higher at baseline and, unexpectedly, decreased during IH. In conclusion, oxidative stress levels and pathways under IH conditions are organ and duration specific...
- NADPH oxidase in bone marrow-derived cells mediates pulmonary ischemia-reperfusion injuryZequan Yang
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 801359, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:375-81. 2009..NADPH oxidase may represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of IR injury after lung transplantation...
- Role of NADPH phagocyte oxidase in host defense against acute respiratory Acinetobacter baumannii infection in miceHongyu Qiu
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Infect Immun 77:1015-21. 2009..Thus, NADPH phagocyte oxidase appears to play a crucial role in the neutrophil-mediated host defense against A. baumannii...
- Genetic deficiency of NADPH oxidase does not diminish, but rather enhances, LPS-induced acute inflammatory responses in vivoWei Jian Zhang
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:791-8. 2009..Our findings suggest that NADPH oxidase-mediated ROS production and cellular redox signaling do not promote, but instead limit, LPS-induced acute inflammatory responses in vivo...
- Peroxide generation by p47phox-Src activation of Nox2 has a key role in protein kinase C-induced arterial smooth muscle contractionSachin A Gupte
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1048-57. 2009..Thus a p47(phox) and Src kinase activation of peroxide production by Nox2 appears to be an important contributor to vascular contractile mechanisms mediated through activation of PKC...
- Hyperoxia impairs postnatal alveolar epithelial development via NADPH oxidase in newborn miceRichard L Auten
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Neonatal Perinatal Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L134-42. 2009....
- NADPH oxidase is the primary source of superoxide induced by NMDA receptor activationAngela M Brennan
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:857-63. 2009..These findings identify NADPH oxidase as the primary source of NMDA-induced superoxide production...
- A non-redundant role for MKP5 in limiting ROS production and preventing LPS-induced vascular injuryFeng Qian
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
EMBO J 28:2896-907. 2009..Collectively, these results show an earlier unrecognized and non-redundant function of MKP5 in restraining p38 MAPK-mediated neutrophil oxidant production, thereby preventing LPS-induced vascular injury...
- Oxidative stress mediates nephropathy in type Ia glycogen storage diseaseWai Han Yiu
Section on Cellular Differentiation, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lab Invest 90:620-9. 2010..These data provide the first evidence that oxidative stress is one mechanism that underlies GSD-Ia nephropathy...
- Lipoic Acid, Endothelial Activation and AtherosclerosisWeijian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Functional role of Angiopoietin-2 in diabetic heartJian xiong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- GORDON CONFERENCE--BIOLOGY OF THE SPIROCHETESJANIS WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Funding from the National Institutes of Health is requested to partially offset the travel and registration expenses of the participating graduate students, fellows, and junior faculty members. ..
- GORDON CONFERENCE: BIOLOGY OF THE SPIROCHETESJANIS WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Funding from the National Institutes of Health is requested to partially offset the travel and registration expenses of the participating graduate students fellows, and junior faculty members. ..
- Chemokine Blockade to Preserve Lung DevelopmentRichard Auten; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 3 will determine whether blockade of leukocyte function can safely preserve normal alveolar development during recovery from severe oxidant stress. ..
- Mitochondrial translocation of p53 and its interaction with manganese superoxide Yunfeng Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, these studies will help to understand the apoptotic mechanisms during tumorigenesis, leading to a better design of apoptosis-aimed cancer prevention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..