Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myo5a
Description: myosin VA
Alias: 9630007J19Rik, AI413174, AI661011, Dbv, MVa, Myo5, MyoVA, Sev-1, d-120J, flail, flr, unconventional myosin-Va, dilute lethal-20J protein, dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle, flailer, myosin-Va
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Myosin V associates with melanosomes in mouse melanocytes: evidence that myosin V is an organelle motorX Wu
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Section on Molecular Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0301, USA
J Cell Sci 110:847-59. 1997....
- 5-HT2B receptor-mediated serotonin morphogenetic functions in mouse cranial neural crest and myocardiac cellsD S Choi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Université L Pasteur de Strasbourg, CNRS, INSERM, Illkirch, France
Development 124:1745-55. 1997....
- Class V myosinsS L Reck-Peterson
Cell Biology Department, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1496:36-51. 2000
- Novel myosin heavy chain encoded by murine dilute coat colour locusJ A Mercer
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Nature 349:709-13. 1991..These results suggest an important role for the dilute gene product in the elaboration, maintenance, or function of cellular processes of melanocytes and neurons...
- Molecular analysis of two mouse dilute locus deletion mutations: spontaneous dilute lethal20J and radiation-induced dilute prenatal lethal Aa2 allelesM C Strobel
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Mol Cell Biol 10:501-9. 1990..Initial characterization of this new gene suggests that it may represent the genetically defined pl-3 functional unit...
- Dilute suppressor dsu acts semidominantly to suppress the coat color phenotype of a deletion mutation, dl20J, of the murine dilute locusK J Moore
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, Bionetics Research Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research Facility, MD 21701
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:8131-5. 1988..We also show that dsu is not, as originally reported, a recessive gene but is semidominantly inherited. Collectively, these results allow us to propose a mechanism for the suppressor activity of dsu...
- The murine dilute suppressor gene dsu suppresses the coat-color phenotype of three pigment mutations that alter melanocyte morphology, d, ash and lnK J Moore
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, Bionetics Research, Inc, Frederick, Maryland
Genetics 119:933-41. 1988..These studies provide new insights into the mechanism of action of dsu and into the interrelationships between members of a family of pigment genes...
- Dilute (d) coat colour mutation of DBA/2J mice is associated with the site of integration of an ecotropic MuLV genomeN A Jenkins
Nature 293:370-4. 1981....
- Dilute suppressor, a new suppressor gene in the house mouseH O Sweet
J Hered 74:305-6. 1983..Dilute suppressor is located on chromosome 1 linked to isocitrate dehydrogenase (Idh-I) with 6.25 +/- 3.49 percent recombination, and is not linked to dilute, which is on chromosome 9...
- Retroviral sequences located within an intron of the dilute gene alter dilute expression in a tissue-specific mannerP K Seperack
Institute for Arthritis and Autoimmunity, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
EMBO J 14:2326-32. 1995..These findings have important implications for understanding the effects of viral sequences on mammalian gene expression...
- Cloning, analysis, and chromosomal localization of myoxin (MYH12), the human homologue to the mouse dilute geneL J Engle
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Genomics 19:407-16. 1994..We report the isolation and sequencing of "myoxin" (MYH12), the human homologue of the mouse dilute gene, and its assignment to human chromosome 15...
- The dilute-lethal (dl) gene attacks a Ca2+ store in the dendritic spine of Purkinje cells in miceY Takagishi
Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
Neurosci Lett 215:169-72. 1996....
- Cultured melanocytes from dilute mutant mice exhibit dendritic morphology and altered melanosome distributionD W Provance
McLaughlin Research Institute, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14554-8. 1996..These experiments show that the dilute myosin is necessary for the localization of melanosomes, either by active transport or tethering...
- Griscelli disease maps to chromosome 15q21 and is associated with mutations in the myosin-Va geneE Pastural
Unité de Recherches sur le Dévelopement Normal et Pathologique de Systéme Immunitaire INSERM U429 Paris, France
Nat Genet 16:289-92. 1997..Here we report that the Griscelli disease locus co-localizes on chromosome 15q21 with the myosin-Va gene, MYO5a, and that mutations of this gene occur in two patients with the disease...
- Subcellular localization of myosin-V in the B16 melanoma cells, a wild-type cell line for the dilute geneA A Nascimento
Department of Morphology, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Biol Cell 8:1971-88. 1997....
- Unconventional myosins in cell movement, membrane traffic, and signal transductionV Mermall
Department of Biology, Yale University 342 KBT, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Science 279:527-33. 1998..The task at hand is to decipher how the multitude of myosins function at both the molecular and cellular level-a task facilitated by our understanding of myosin structure and function in muscle...
- Molecular genetic dissection of mouse unconventional myosin-VA: tail region mutationsJ D Huang
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
Genetics 148:1963-72. 1998..Ten of the mutations mapped to the MyoVA tail and are reported here...
- The mouse neurological mutant flailer expresses a novel hybrid gene derived by exon shuffling between Gnb5 and Myo5aJ M Jones
Department of Human Genetics, 4708 Medical Science II, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:821-8. 2000..Here we show that the mouse neurological mutation flailer (flr) expresses a novel gene that combines the promoter and first two exons of guanine nucleotide binding protein ..
- A myosin family treeT Hodge
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
J Cell Sci 113:3353-4. 2000
- Local calcium release in dendritic spines required for long-term synaptic depressionM Miyata
Laboratory for Cellular Neurophysiology, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Neuron 28:233-44. 2000..Our results reveal that IP3 must release Ca2+ locally in the dendritic spines to produce LTD and indicate that one function of dendritic spines is to target IP3-mediated Ca2+ release to the proper subcellular domain...
- Rab27a regulates the peripheral distribution of melanosomes in melanocytesA N Hume
Cell and Molecular Biology Section, Division of Biomedical Sciences, London, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 152:795-808. 2001..by others in melanocytes derived from the ashen and dilute mutant mice, which bear mutations in the Rab27a and MyoVa loci, respectively...
- Hippocampal synaptic transmission and plasticity are preserved in myosin Va mutant miceE Schnell
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurophysiol 85:1498-501. 2001Recent studies have identified myosin Va as an organelle motor that may have important functions in neurons...
- Glutamate receptor targeting in the postsynaptic spine involves mechanisms that are independent of myosin VaR S Petralia
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, NIDCD NIH, 36 5D08, 36 CONVENT DR MSC 4162, Bethesda MD 20892 4162, USA
Eur J Neurosci 13:1722-32. 2001..These mutant mice lack myosin Va, which has been implicated in protein trafficking at synapses...
- Myosin V exhibits a high duty cycle and large unitary displacementJ R Moore
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Cell Biol 155:625-35. 2001..The second step is characterized by an increased displacement variance, suggesting a model for how the two heads of myosin V function in processive motion...
- The leaden gene product is required with Rab27a to recruit myosin Va to melanosomes in melanocytesAlistair N Hume
Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Traffic 3:193-202. 2002..Melanocytes from Griscelli syndrome patients and respective murine models ashen (Rab27a mutant), dilute (myosin Va mutant), and leaden exhibit perinuclear clustering of melanosomes...
- Melanophilin, the product of the leaden locus, is required for targeting of myosin-Va to melanosomesD William Provance
McLaughlin Research Institute, 1520 23rd St South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Traffic 3:124-32. 2002..The loci have been renamed Rab27a, Myo5a, and Mlph for their gene products...
- A family of Rab27-binding proteins. Melanophilin links Rab27a and myosin Va function in melanosome transportMolly Strom
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:25423-30. 2002..We also show that melanophilin associates with Rab27a and myosin Va on melanosomes in melanocytes, and present evidence that a domain within the carboxyl-terminal region of ..
- Kinetic characterization of the weak binding states of myosin VChristopher M Yengo
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Physiology and Pennsylvania Muscle Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biochemistry 41:8508-17. 2002....
- A tissue-specific exon of myosin Va is responsible for selective cargo binding in melanocytesJosephine Sui Yan Au
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 53:89-102. 2002Class V myosins are molecular motors used for intracellular transportation and organelle tethering. The mouse Myosin Va (MyoVa) is encoded by the dilute locus, which is alternatively spliced to generate several tissue specific isoforms...
- Slac2-c (synaptotagmin-like protein homologue lacking C2 domains-c), a novel linker protein that interacts with Rab27, myosin Va/VIIa, and actinMitsunori Fukuda
Fukuda Initiative Research Unit, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:43096-103. 2002..lacking C2 domains-a)/melanophilin is a melanosome-associated protein that links Rab27A on melanosomes with myosin Va, an actin-based motor protein, and formation of the tripartite protein complex (Rab27A.Slac2-a...
- Myosin Va binding to neurofilaments is essential for correct myosin Va distribution and transport and neurofilament densityMala V Rao
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, NYU School of Medicine, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Cell Biol 159:279-90. 2002..Here, we show that a molecular motor protein, myosin Va, is present in high proportions in the cytoskeleton of mouse CNS and peripheral nerves...
- The prepower stroke conformation of myosin VStan Burgess
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Cell Biol 159:983-91. 2002..The microscopy shows that most of the walking stride is produced by changes in lever angle brought about by converter movement, but is augmented by distortion produced by thermal energy...
- Regulated conformation of myosin VFei Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2333-6. 2004..These data suggest that interaction between the motor and cargo binding domains may be a general mechanism for shutting down motor protein activity and thereby regulating the active movement of vesicles in cells...
- Missense mutations in the globular tail of myosin-Va in dilute mice partially impair binding of Slac2-a/melanophilinMitsunori Fukuda
Fukuda Initiative Research Unit, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Cell Sci 117:583-91. 2004..On the basis of our findings, we propose that myosin-Va interacts with Slac2-a.Rab27A complex on the melanosome via two distinct domains, both of which are essential for melanosome transport in melanocytes...
- dsu functions in a MYO5A-independent pathway to suppress the coat color of dilute miceT Norene O'Sullivan
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16831-6. 2004b>MYO5A is a major actin-based vesicle transport motor that binds to one of its cargos, the melanosome, by means of a RAB27A/MLPH receptor...
- Myosin Va transports dense core secretory vesicles in pancreatic MIN6 beta-cellsAniko Varadi
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrated Cell Signalling, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 16:2670-80. 2005..Here, we demonstrate colocalization of myosin Va (MyoVa) with insulin in pancreatic beta-cells and show that MyoVa copurifies with insulin in density gradients ..
- The structural basis of myosin V processive movement as revealed by electron cryomicroscopyNiels Volkmann
The Program of Cell Adhesion, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 19:595-605. 2005..Our findings reveal how the structural elements of myosin V work together to allow myosin V to step along actin for multiple ATPase cycles without dissociating...
- A coiled-coil domain of melanophilin is essential for Myosin Va recruitment and melanosome transport in melanocytesAlistair N Hume
Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 17:4720-35. 2006..Mlph is proposed to be a modular protein binding the melanosome-associated protein Rab27a, Myosin Va (MyoVa), actin, and microtubule end-binding protein (EB1), via distinct N-terminal Rab27a-binding domain (R27BD),..
- Diminished climbing fiber innervation of Purkinje cells in the cerebellum of myosin Va mutant mice and ratsYoshiko Takagishi
Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Dev Neurobiol 67:909-23. 2007b>Myosin Va is an actin-based molecular motor that is involved in organelle transport and membrane trafficking...
- Rab27a and MyoVa are the primary Mlph interactors regulating melanosome transport in melanocytesAlistair N Hume
Molecular and Cellular Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
J Cell Sci 120:3111-22. 2007..Melanophilin (Mlph) is a Rab27a- and myosin Va (MyoVa)-binding protein that regulates this process...
- Load and Pi control flux through the branched kinetic cycle of myosin VNeil M Kad
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17477-84. 2008..Our model includes P(i) release prior to the most load-dependent step in the cycle, implying that P(i) release and load both act as checkpoints that control the flux through two parallel pathways...
- Direct observation of the mechanochemical coupling in myosin Va during processive movementTakeshi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Physiology, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 455:128-32. 2008b>Myosin Va transports intracellular cargoes along actin filaments in cells...
- Switch 1 mutation S217A converts myosin V into a low duty ratio motorEva Forgacs
Department of Physiological Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2138-49. 2009We have determined the kinetic mechanism and motile properties of the switch 1 mutant S217A of myosin Va. Phosphate dissociation from myosin V-ADP-Pi (inorganic phosphate) and actomyosin V-ADP-Pi and the rate of the hydrolysis step (..
- Role of Myosin Va in the plasticity of the vertebrate neuromuscular junction in vivoIra Verena Röder
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Research Center Karlsruhe, Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3871. 2008b>Myosin Va is a motor protein involved in vesicular transport and its absence leads to movement disorders in humans (Griscelli and Elejalde syndromes) and rodents (e.g. dilute lethal phenotype in mice)...
- Myrip uses distinct domains in the cellular activation of myosin VA and myosin VIIA in melanosome transportJose S Ramalho
Centre of Ophthalmology, Biomedical Institute for Research in Light and Image, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 22:461-73. 2009..Myrip also binds MyosinVa (MyoVa) in vitro however it is unclear whether this interaction is of sufficient affinity to be physiologically relevant...
- Myosin Va increases the efficiency of neurofilament transport by decreasing the duration of long-term pausesNael H Alami
Center for Molecular Neurobiology and Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurosci 29:6625-34. 2009..transport of neurofilaments in cultured neurons from two different strains of dilute lethal mice, which lack myosin Va. To analyze the motile behavior, we tracked the movement of green fluorescent protein (GFP)-tagged ..
- Myosin Va cooperates with PKA RIalpha to mediate maintenance of the endplate in vivoIra V Röder
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2031-6. 2010..We found that myosin Va cooperates with PKA on the postsynapse to maintain size and integrity of the synapse; this cooperation also ..
- Functional adaptation of the switch-2 nucleotide sensor enables rapid processive translocation by myosin-5Nikolett T Nagy
Department of Biochemistry, Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
FASEB J 24:4480-90. 2010..The class-specific variation of switch-2 in various NTPase superfamilies indicates its general role in the kinetic tuning of Mg(2+)-dependent nucleotide exchange...
- Myosin-Va transports the endoplasmic reticulum into the dendritic spines of Purkinje neuronsWolfgang Wagner
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:40-8. 2011..Purkinje neurons is required for cerebellar synaptic plasticity and is disrupted in animals with null mutations in Myo5a, the gene encoding myosin-Va...
- Melanoregulin regulates a shedding mechanism that drives melanosome transfer from melanocytes to keratinocytesXufeng S Wu
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2101-9. 2012..Tip accumulation of melanosomes requires myosin Va, because melanosomes concentrate in the center of melanocytes from myosin Va-null (dilute) mice...
- Novel skin phenotypes revealed by a genome-wide mouse reverse genetic screenKifayathullah Liakath-Ali
1 Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK 2 Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK 3 Wellcome Trust Medical Research Council Stem Cell Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Nat Commun 5:3540. 2014..In-depth analysis of three mutants, Krt76, Myo5a (a model of human Griscelli syndrome) and Mysm1, provides validation of the screen...
- Identification of an organelle receptor for myosin-VaXufeng S Wu
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:271-8. 2002....
- Myosin-Va facilitates the accumulation of mRNA/protein complex in dendritic spinesAtsushi Yoshimura
Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Curr Biol 16:2345-51. 2006..Our results demonstrate that myosin-Va facilitates the transport of TLS-containing mRNP complexes in spines and may function in synaptic plasticity through Ca2+ signaling...
- Myosin 5a is an insulin-stimulated Akt2 (protein kinase Bbeta) substrate modulating GLUT4 vesicle translocationTakeshi Yoshizaki
Department of Medicine 0673, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0673, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:5172-83. 2007..Taken together, these data indicate that myosin 5a is a newly identified direct substrate of Akt2 and, upon insulin stimulation, phosphorylated myosin 5a facilitates anterograde movement of GLUT4 vesicles along actin to the cell surface...
- Myosin Va is required for normal photoreceptor synaptic activityRichard T Libby
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
J Cell Sci 117:4509-15. 2004b>Myosin Va is an actin-based motor molecule, one of a large family of unconventional myosins...
- Introns in sequence tagsT R Burglin
Nature 357:367-8. 1992
- Loss of function of the homeobox gene Hoxa-9 perturbs early T-cell development and induces apoptosis in primitive thymocytesD J Izon
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Blood 92:383-93. 1998..Hoxa-9 appears to play a previously unsuspected role in T-cell ontogeny by modulating cell survival of early thymocytes and by regulating their subsequent differentiation...
- Bleomycin, unlike other male-mouse mutagens, is most effective in spermatogonia, inducing primarily deletionsL B Russell
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Building 9210, P O Box 2009, MS 8077, 37831 8077, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Mutat Res 469:95-105. 2000..Thus, BLM, while not female-specific, is unique, (a) in its germ-cell-stage specificity in males, and (b) in inducing a type of mutation (deletions) that is atypical for the responding germ-cell stages (spermatogonia)...
- Identification of mRNA/protein (mRNP) complexes containing Puralpha, mStaufen, fragile X protein, and myosin Va and their association with rough endoplasmic reticulum equipped with a kinesin motorSachiyo Ohashi
Division of Biochemistry, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Chiba 274 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:37804-10. 2002..in mRNA/protein complexes (mRNPs), which also contained mStaufen, Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein (FMRP), myosin Va, and other proteins with unknown functions...
- Direct observation of the myosin-Va power stroke and its reversalJames R Sellers
Laboratory of Molecular Physiology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:590-5. 2010..Nonlinear response to load leading to coordination or oscillations amongst motors might be relevant for many cellular functions...
- Rab10 and myosin-Va mediate insulin-stimulated GLUT4 storage vesicle translocation in adipocytesYu Chen
Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Cell Biol 198:545-60. 2012..Thus, multiple Rab proteins regulate the trafficking of GLUT4, with Rab10 coordinating with myosin-Va to mediate the final steps of insulin-stimulated GSV translocation to the PM...
- Gene for a serum protein on chromosome 9 in the mouseE M Håkansson
Genet Res 33:147-52. 1979
- Linkage analysis of the Gi alpha 2 gene on mouse chromosome 9J De Maeyer-Guignard
Institut Curie, CNRS URA 1343, Orsay, France
Mamm Genome 3:601-3. 1992
- A retroviral insertion in the dilute (d) locus provides molecular access to this region of mouse chromosome 9N A Jenkins
Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 36:207-20. 1989
- Molecular genetic analysis of the dilute-short ear (d-se) region of the mouseE M Rinchik
Genetics 112:321-42. 1986..These experiments provide important initial steps for analyzing this developmentally important region at the molecular level, as well as for studying in detail how a diverse group of mutagens acts on the mammalian germline...
- Two loci affecting B cell responses to B cell maturation factorsC L Sidman
J Exp Med 163:116-28. 1986..The effect of Bmfr-2 on B cell responsiveness may be related to levels of the steroid sex hormones. DBA/2Ha mice offer a tool for studying the genetic and hormonal regulation of the immune system...
- Hereditary hypotransferrinemia with hemosiderosis, a murine disorder resembling human atransferrinemiaS E Bernstein
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Lab Clin Med 110:690-705. 1987..The data indicate that the gene hpx produces wholly normal strain-specific transferrin but in small amounts. The hpx gene is closely linked with the transferrin locus, Trf, on chromosome 9...
- The myosin alkali light chains of mouse ventricular and slow skeletal muscle are indistinguishable and are encoded by the same geneP J Barton
J Biol Chem 260:8578-84. 1985..The results show the MLC1V/MLC1S gene to be closely linked to a marker at the distal end of mouse chromosome 9...
- Isozymes and genetic control of NADP-malate dehydrogenase in miceN S Henderson
Arch Biochem Biophys 117:28-33. 1966
- Location of the gene for Theta antigen in the mouseE P Blankenhorn
J Hered 63:259-63. 1972
- Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. II. Levulinate dehydratase and autosomal glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenaseJ J Hutton
Biochem Genet 3:517-23. 1969
- The Pk-3 gene determines both the heart, M1, and the kidney, M2, pyruvate kinase isozymes in the mouse; and a simple electrophoretic method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3J Peters
Biochem Genet 22:1047-63. 1984..We also report a simple method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3 (PGM-3) by electrophoresis on cellulose acetate plates...
- Excision of the DBA ecotropic provirus in dilute coat-color revertants of mice occurs by homologous recombination involving the viral LTRsN G Copeland
Cell 33:379-87. 1983....
- Genetic control of cross-reactive cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses to a BALB/c tumorJ H Russell
Immunogenetics 14:263-72. 1981..The gene responsible is closely linked to the dilute coat color locus on chromosome 9. In contrast, the cross-reactive response to the DBA/2 tumor L5178Y by DBA/2 anti-MOPC-167 CTL appears to be controlled by two or more genes...
- A variation in mouse kidney pyruvate kinase activity determined by a mutant gene on chromosome 9F M Johnson
Genet Res 37:123-31. 1981
- The murine dilute suppressor gene encodes a cell autonomous suppressorK J Moore
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genetics 138:491-7. 1994..In addition, we have further refined the map location of dsu in order to examine a number of possible dsu candidate genes mapping in the region and to provide a genetic basis for the positional cloning of dsu...
- The genetic map around the tail kinks (tk) locus on mouse chromosome 9K Imai
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Mamm Genome 4:560-4. 1993..We show that one of the microsatellite markers mapped, D9Mit9, does not recombine at all with tk in our backcross. This indicates that the D9Mit9 locus will serve as a good starting point for a chromosomal walk to the tk gene...
- Analysis of the murine All-1 gene reveals conserved domains with human ALL-1 and identifies a motif shared with DNA methyltransferasesQ Ma
Jefferson Cancer Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107 5541
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:6350-4. 1993..Finally, we report that All-1 resides in the proximal portion of mouse chromosome 9 and is a candidate for a mutation that results in skeletal transformations during embryonic development...
- Chlorambucil and bleomycin induce mutations in the specific-locus test in female miceL B Russell
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 8077, USA
Mutat Res 358:25-35. 1996..For chemical treatments, the oocyte proportion is highly significantly above the 3.6% induced in spermatogonia, but only on the borderline of statistically significant difference from that induced in postspermatogonial stages...
- The cut-homeodomain transcriptional activator HNF-6 is coexpressed with its target gene HNF-3 beta in the developing murine liver and pancreasF Rausa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612 7334, USA
Dev Biol 192:228-46. 1997..We discuss these expression patterns with respect to specification of hepatocytes and differentiation of the endocrine and exocrine pancreas...
- Loss of heterozygosity at the dilute-short ear (Myo5a-Bmp5) region of the mouse: mitotic recombination or double non-disjunction?J Favor
Institute of Mammalian Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Genet Res 72:199-204. 1998The occurrence of homozygous-viable dilute-short ear (Myo5a-Bmp5) double mutants in mouse specific locus mutation experiments has generally been assumed to be the result of double non-disjunction such that the mutant inherits two copies ..
- Abnormal expression of tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactivity in cerebellar cortex of ataxic mutant miceK Sawada
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Tokushima University, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Brain Res 829:107-12. 1999..Since TH promoter is activated by Ca2+, TH expression in the mutant Purkinje cells may predict neuronal dysfunction caused by alterations in cellular Ca2+ currents...
- Slate--a new coat color mutant in the mouseL J Pierro
J Hered 54:47-50. 1963
- Myosin V: regulation by calcium, calmodulin, and the tail domainDimitry N Krementsov
Dept of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, 130 Health Science Research Facility, Burlington, VT 05405 0068, USA
J Cell Biol 164:877-86. 2004..We propose that a folded-to-extended conformational change that is controlled by calcium and CaM, and probably by cargo binding itself, regulates myosin V's ability to transport cargo in the cell...
- Activation of myosin Va function by melanophilin, a specific docking partner of myosin VaXiang Dong Li
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Biol Chem 280:17815-22. 2005It is known that melanophilin is a myosin Va-targeting molecule that links myosin Va and the cargo vesicles in cells...
- The temporal and spatial expression pattern of myosin Va, Vb and VI in the mouse ovaryLeeanne McGurk
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Gene Expr Patterns 6:900-7. 2006..Here we show that these myosins are expressed, localised and regulated within the oocyte and granulosa cells of the developing mouse follicle...
- The binding of DYNLL2 to myosin Va requires alternatively spliced exon B and stabilizes a portion of the myosin's coiled-coil domainWolfgang Wagner
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 45:11564-77. 2006The myosin Va light chain DYNLL2 has been proposed to function as an adaptor to link the myosin to certain cargo. Here, we mapped the binding site for DYNLL2 within the myosin Va heavy chain...
- Myosin Va controls oligodendrocyte morphogenesis and myelinationJacob A Sloane
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurosci 27:11366-75. 2007A product of myosin Va mutations, Griscelli's syndrome type 1 (GS1) is characterized by several neurologic deficits including quadraparesis, mental retardation, and seizures...
- Myosin V and Kinesin act as tethers to enhance each others' processivityM Yusuf Ali
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4691-6. 2008..The resulting run length enhancement likely contributes to the successful delivery of cargo in the cell...
- Reverse conformational changes of the light chain-binding domain of myosin V and VI processive motor heads during and after hydrolysis of ATP by small-angle X-ray solution scatteringYasunobu Sugimoto
Division of Biophysical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
J Mol Biol 392:420-35. 2009..The results suggest that some additional alterations or elements are required for MVI-S1 to take maximal working strokes along the actin filament...
- D-loop of actin differently regulates the motor function of myosins II and VHiroaki Kubota
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 3 4 1 Okubo, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:35251-8. 2009..These results show that the D-loop strongly modulates the force generation by myosin II and the processivity of myosin V, presumably affecting actin-myosin interaction in the actomyosin-ADP.P(i) state of both myosins...
- Myosin Va and myosin VI coordinate their steps while engaged in an in vitro tug of war during cargo transportM Yusuf Ali
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E535-41. 2011b>Myosin Va (myoV) and myosin VI (myoVI) are processive molecular motors that transport cargo in opposite directions on actin tracks...
- Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. II. Three-point crosses place Thy-1 in proximal region of chromosome 9T C Douglas
J Hered 69:224-8. 1978..These recombination data are discussed in relation to previous multiple-point recombination studies of chromosome 9...
- Alpha hydroxylation of lignoceric acid to cerebronic acid during brain development. Diminished hydroxylase activity in myelin-deficient mouse mutantsS Murad
J Biol Chem 250:5841-6. 1975..These results suggest a close association of the synthesis of cerebronic acid with the synthesis of the characteristic myelin lipid that is cerebroside (N-acyl sphingosine beta-D-galactoside)...
- A malic enzyme probe detects cross-hybridizing sequences closely linked to loci encoding other metabolic enzymesR R Cobb
Chemistry and Life Sciences Group, Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Genomics 12:405-8. 1992..The data presented imply that Mod-1 homologous sequences are tightly linked to three different metabolic enzymes...
- Genetic ablation of a mouse gene expressed specifically in brainD M Kingsley
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, MD 21701
EMBO J 9:395-9. 1990..In addition, these results provide a new molecular entry point for detailed characterization of other genes in the d-se region...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...
- The fine structure of melanogenesis in coat color mutants of the mouseV J Hearing
J Ultrastruct Res 43:88-106. 1973
- Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. 3. Linkage relationships of eleven biochemical markersJ J Hutton
Biochem Genet 4:339-50. 1970
- MICROTUBULE/KERATIN INTERACTIONS DURING SPERMATOGENESISABRAHAM KIERSZENBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2002..Engineering mouse models in which the expression of K9 is null, is important for both reproductive biology and cancer research. ..