Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myh8
Description: myosin, heavy polypeptide 8, skeletal muscle, perinatal
Alias: 4832426G23Rik, AI327267, MHCp, MyHC-pn, Myhs-p, Myhsp, myosin-8, Beta-MHC antisense, myHC-perinatal, myosin heavy chain 8, myosin heavy chain, skeletal muscle, perinatal
- Developmental pattern of mouse skeletal myosin heavy chain gene transcripts in vivo and in vitroA Weydert
Cell 49:121-9. 1987..In vitro, in the absence of the nerve, embryonic, perinatal, and adult IIB MHC mRNAs accumulate. The level of the latter two isomRNAs is influenced by culture conditions...
- Serine/Threonine Kinase 40 (Stk40) Functions as a Novel Regulator of Skeletal Muscle DifferentiationKe He
From the Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 280 South Chongqing Road, Shanghai 200025, China
J Biol Chem 292:351-360. 2017..Together, our study reveals that Stk40 is required for fetal skeletal muscle development and provides molecular insights into the control of the HDAC5-MEF2 axis in skeletal myogenesis...
- Defective myogenesis in the absence of the muscle-specific lysine methyltransferase SMYD1Harika Nagandla
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Dev Biol 410:86-97. 2016..Thus, in addition to the previously described functions for Smyd1 in heart development and skeletal muscle sarcomerogenesis, these results point to a novel role for Smyd1 in myoblast differentiation. ..
- The FgfrL1 receptor is required for development of slow muscle fibersRuth Amann
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Dev Biol 394:228-41. 2014..to the slow fibers, fast fibers do not appear to be affected as shown by expression of fast fiber markers Myh3, Myh8, Myl1 and MylPF. At early developmental stages (E10.5, E15...
- A new role for the calcineurin/NFAT pathway in neonatal myosin heavy chain expression via the NFATc2/MyoD complex during mouse myogenesisNissrine Daou
Centre d Etude de la Sensori Motricité, UMR 8194 CNRS, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, F 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Development 140:4914-25. 2013..Altogether, our findings demonstrate that the calcineurin/NFAT pathway plays a new role in establishing the early muscle fiber type in immature myofibers during embryogenesis. ..
- Calpain-6 deficiency promotes skeletal muscle development and regenerationKazuo Tonami
Calpain Project, Department of Advanced Science for Biomolecules, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Genet 9:e1003668. 2013....
- During muscle atrophy, thick, but not thin, filament components are degraded by MuRF1-dependent ubiquitylationShenhav Cohen
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 185:1083-95. 2009..Because these proteins stabilize the thick filament, their selective ubiquitylation may facilitate thick filament disassembly. However, the thin filament components decreased by a mechanism not requiring MuRF1...
- Epigenetic repression of cardiac progenitor gene expression by Ezh2 is required for postnatal cardiac homeostasisPaul Delgado-Olguín
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 44:343-7. 2012..Our results suggest that epigenetic dysregulation in embryonic progenitor cells is a predisposing factor for adult disease and dysregulated stress responses...
- DelK32-lamin A/C has abnormal location and induces incomplete tissue maturation and severe metabolic defects leading to premature deathAnne T Bertrand
INSERM, UMRS_974, Paris F 75013, France
Hum Mol Genet 21:1037-48. 2012..And importantly, L-CMD patients should be investigated for putative metabolic disorders...
- Analysis of interaction partners for eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1A M-domain by functional proteomicsAnnalisa Lamberti
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, I 80131 Naples, Italy
Biochimie 93:1738-46. 2011..Interestingly, a co-localization of SORBS2 and eEF1A was evidenced at level of plasma membrane, thus suggesting the involvement of eEF1A1 in novel key signal transduction complexes...
- Diversity in transcriptional start site selection and alternative splicing affects the 5'-UTR of mouse striated muscle myosin transcriptsBriana K Dennehey
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 27:559-75. 2006..These findings indicate that alternative TSS usage and alternative splicing in the 5'-UTR are a general feature of murine Myh gene expression and that Myh gene regulation is more complex than previously appreciated...
- Organization of human and mouse skeletal myosin heavy chain gene clusters is highly conservedA Weiss
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2958-63. 1999....
- Slow and fast fiber isoform gene expression is systematically altered in skeletal muscle of the Sox6 mutant, p100HNobuko Hagiwara
University of California, Davis, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Rowe Program in Genetics, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Dev Dyn 234:301-11. 2005..Together with our earlier report, demonstrating early postnatal muscle defects in the Sox6 null-p100H mutant, the present results suggest that Sox6 likely plays an important role in muscle development...
- Myosin heavy chain isoforms of the murine masseter muscle during pre- and post-natal developmentA Usami
Department of Anatomy, Oral Health Science Center, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba City, Chiba, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 32:244-8. 2003..In the compositional change of isoforms, the embryonic type MHCp was expressed consistently, whereas the adult isoforms increased with the developmental process...
- A human YAC transgene rescues craniofacial and neural tube development in PDGFRalpha knockout mice and uncovers a role for PDGFRalpha in prenatal lung growthT Sun
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, The Cruciform Building, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 127:4519-29. 2000..In addition, we found that the YAC transgene did not prolong survival of Patch mutant mice, indicating that genetic defects outside the PDGFRalpha locus contribute to the early embryonic lethality of Patch mice...
- Transdifferentiation of esophageal smooth to skeletal muscle is myogenic bHLH factor-dependentB Kablar
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
Development 127:1627-39. 2000..Taken together, these results indicate that transdifferentiation is the fate of all smooth muscle cells in the upper esophagus and is normally initiated by Myf5...
- Spatial and temporal changes in myosin heavy chain gene expression in skeletal muscle developmentB D Lu
Department of Microbiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10461, USA
Dev Biol 216:312-26. 1999..The changes in MyHC RNA and protein expression are distinct in different muscles and are restricted in some cases to particular regions of the muscle and do not always reflect their distribution in the adult...
- Skeletal muscle phenotypes initiated by ectopic MyoD in transgenic mouse heartJ H Miner
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Development 114:853-60. 1992....
- A hypomorphic myogenin allele reveals distinct myogenin expression levels required for viability, skeletal muscle development, and sternum formationJ L Vivian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Biol 208:44-55. 1999....
- Acceleration of somitic myogenesis in embryos of myogenin promoter-MRF4 transgenic miceN E Block
Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 207:382-94. 1996..MRF function, therefore, appears to be differentially regulated in dermatomal and myotomal cells...
- The inhibition of differentiation caused by TGFbeta in fetal myoblasts is dependent upon selective expression of PKCtheta: a possible molecular basis for myoblast diversification during limb histogenesisF Zappelli
Institute of Histology and General Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Dev Biol 180:156-64. 1996..They also suggest a specific role for protein kinase C theta in determining the fate of different myoblasts during muscle histogenesis...
- Contractile protein gene expression in primary myotubes of embryonic mouse hindlimb musclesM Ontell
Department of Neurobiology, Anatomy and Cell Science, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Development 117:1435-44. 1993..These differences indicate that there is no single coordinate pattern of expression of contractile protein genes during initial formation of the muscles of the mouse.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Modulation of contractile protein gene expression in fetal murine crural muscles: emergence of muscle diversityM P Ontell
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Dev Dyn 198:203-13. 1993..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Muscle-specific gene expression during myogenesis in the mouseM Ontell
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Microsc Res Tech 30:354-65. 1995..The differences in gene expression in these two types of muscle suggest that no single coordinated pattern of gene activation is required during the initial formation of the muscles of the mouse...
- Disruption of the mouse MRF4 gene identifies multiple waves of myogenesis in the myotomeA Patapoutian
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Development 121:3347-58. 1995..Finally, a later and relatively mild phenotype was detected in intercostal muscles of newborn animals...
- Myogenin is required for late but not early aspects of myogenesis during mouse developmentJ M Venuti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
J Cell Biol 128:563-76. 1995....
- Sequential accumulation of mRNAs encoding different myosin heavy chain isoforms during skeletal muscle development in vivo detected with a recombinant plasmid identified as coding for an adult fast myosin heavy chain from mouse skeletal muscleA Weydert
J Biol Chem 258:13867-74. 1983..There is thus a rapid transition after birth from fetal to adult skeletal muscle myosin heavy chain mRNA sequences...
- Genes for skeletal muscle myosin heavy chains are clustered and are not located on the same mouse chromosome as a cardiac myosin heavy chain geneA Weydert
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7183-7. 1985..This result is in contrast to that for other contractile protein genes such as the alkali myosin light chain and the actin multigene families, which are dispersed in the genome...
- The expression of myosin genes in developing skeletal muscle in the mouse embryoG E Lyons
Department of Molecular Biology, U R A CNRS 1148, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
J Cell Biol 111:1465-76. 1990..The data presented are the first detailed study of myosin gene expression at these early stages of skeletal muscle development...
- Three linked myosin heavy chain genes clustered within 370 kb of each other show independent transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation during differentiation of a mouse muscle cell lineR D Cox
Department of Molecular Biology, Pasteur Institute, CNRS UA 1148, Paris, France
Dev Biol 143:36-43. 1991..Post-transcriptional mechanisms also regulate cytoplasmic RNA accumulation of these MHC genes...
- Distinct myogenic programs of embryonic and fetal mouse muscle cells: expression of the perinatal myosin heavy chain isoform in vitroT H Smith
Day Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129
Dev Biol 149:16-26. 1992..Thus, the myogenic program of fetal, but not embryonic, mouse myogenic cells includes expression of the perinatal MHC isoform upon differentiation in culture...