Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mpi
Description: mannose phosphate isomerase
Alias: 1110002E17Rik, AI315153, Mpi-1, Mpi1, mannose-6-phosphate isomerase, PMI, mannose phosphate isomerase 1, phosphohexomutase, phosphomannose isomerase
- The relative contribution of mannose salvage pathways to glycosylation in PMI-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblast cellsNaonobu Fujita
Department of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
FEBS J 275:788-98. 2008..by hexokinase, whereas fructose 6-phosphate from glucose is converted to mannose 6-phosphate by phosphomannose isomerase (PMI). Normally, PMI provides the majority of mannose for glycan synthesis...
- Mannose supplements induce embryonic lethality and blindness in phosphomannose isomerase hypomorphic miceVandana Sharma
2Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute SBMRI, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
FASEB J 28:1854-69. 2014Patients with congenital disorder of glycosylation (CDG), type Ib (MPI-CDG or CDG-Ib) have mutations in phosphomannose isomerase (MPI) that impair glycosylation and lead to stunted growth, liver dysfunction, coagulopathy, hypoglycemia, ..
- Metabolically programmed quality control system for dolichol-linked oligosaccharidesYoichiro Harada
Glycometabolome Team, Systems Glycobiology Research Group and Disease Glycomics Team, Systems Glycobiology Research Group, RIKEN Max Planck Joint Research Center, Global Research Cluster, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19366-71. 2013..We propose that this degradation system may avoid abnormal N-glycosylation with premature oligosaccharides under conditions that impair efficient DLO biosynthesis. ..
- Localization of cytochrome P1-450 and P3-450 genes to mouse chromosome 9R H Tukey
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:3163-6. 1984..Chromosome segregation analysis of 12 hybrid clones demonstrated that the structural genes for both P1-450 and P3-450 can be assigned to mouse chromosome 9...
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- [Presence of a male sterility factor, Hst-2, segregating in interspecies crosses. M. musculus L. x M. spretus Lastaste and linked to Mod-1, and Mpi-1 on chromosome 9]F Bonhomme
C R Seances Acad Sci III 294:691-3. 1982..The sterility depends on several independant genetic factors. Using a linkage analysis carried out with biochemical markers, we have been able to localize one of these designated Hst-2, close to Mod-1 on chromosome 9...
- Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 21:37-48. 1983..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established.
- Application of the ovarian teratoma mapping method in the mouseJ T Eppig
Genetics 103:797-812. 1983..the accuracy of the ovarian teratoma mapping method, we compared the recombination frequency obtained for the Mpi-1-Mod-1 interval on chromosome 9 using the ovarian teratoma method to that obtained using a standard backcross...
- A serum protein polymorphism determinant on chromosome 9 of Mus musculusE M Eicher
Mol Gen Genet 177:571-6. 1980..The new serum protein locus, gene symbol Sep-1, has been located on Chromosome 9, gene order Lap-1--Sep-1--Mpi-1--d--Mod-1, by utilizing information obtained from 52 recombinant inbred strains together with standard genetic ..
- Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic catS J O'Brien
Science 216:257-65. 1982..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed...
- Linkage of the structural gene for uroporphyrinogen I synthase to markers on mouse chromosome 9 in a cross between feral and inbred miceT K Antonucci
Biochem Genet 20:703-10. 1982..The observed gene order is centromere-Ups-15-Mpi-1-22-Mod-1. Ups is unlinked to Lv, which encodes the previous enzyme in the heme biosynthesis pathway...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybridsR Schafer
Somatic Cell Genet 6:709-17. 1980..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits...
- The serotonin 5-HT1B receptor subtype (Htr1b) gene maps to mouse chromosome 9D Simon-Chazottes
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, URA 361, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 4:397-8. 1993
- Mouse nicotinamide N-methyltransferase gene: molecular cloning, structural characterization, and chromosomal localizationL Yan
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
DNA Cell Biol 17:659-67. 1998..Cloning and structural characterization of the mouse Nnmt gene will make it possible to study molecular genetic mechanisms involved in the expression of this important methyltransferase...
- Molecular cloning, gene organization, and expression of mouse Mpi encoding phosphomannose isomeraseJoseph A Davis
Glycobiology Program, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Glycobiology 12:435-42. 2002b>Phosphomannose isomerase (PMI) interconverts fructose-6-P (Fru-6-P) and mannose-6-P (Man-6-P), linking energy metabolism to protein glycosylation...
- Ablation of mouse phosphomannose isomerase (Mpi) causes mannose 6-phosphate accumulation, toxicity, and embryonic lethalityCharles DeRossi
Glycobiology and Carbohydrate Chemistry Program, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 281:5916-27. 2006MPI encodes phosphomannose isomerase, which interconverts fructose 6-phosphate and mannose 6-phosphate (Man-6-P), used for glycoconjugate biosynthesis...
- A locus on mouse Chromosome 9 (Adip5) affects the relative weight of the gonadal but not retroperitoneal adipose depotAmanda H McDaniel
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mamm Genome 17:1078-92. 2006..interval with functional significance to the body fatness phenotype (Il18, Acat1, Cyp19a1, Crabp1, Man2c1, Neil1, Mpi1, Csk, Lsm16, Adpgk, Bbs4, Hexa, Thsd4, Dpp8, Anxa2, and Lipc)...
- Increased litter size and super-ovulation rate in congenic C57BL mice carrying a polymorphic fragment of NFR/N origin at the Fecq4 locus of chromosome 9Maria Liljander
Lund Transgenic Core Facility, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Genet Res (Camb) 91:259-65. 2009..Genes of the cytochrome P450 family (1, 11 and 19), such as Cyp19a1, are assumed to be particularly interesting, since they are known to exhibit female-associated reproductive phenotypes, affecting the ovulation rate, if mutated...
- Ontogeny of D-mannose transport and metabolism in rat small intestineMecedes Cano
Departamento de Fisiologia y Zoologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
J Membr Biol 235:101-8. 2010Oral mannose therapy is used to treat congenital disorders of glycosylation caused by a deficiency in phosphomannose isomerase. The segmental distribution and ontogenic regulation of D-mannose transport, phosphomannose isomerase, and ..
- Characterization of Int-5, a locus associated with early events in mammary carcinogenesisV L Morris
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Oncogene Res 6:53-63. 1991..3 and 4.0 Kb. These data are consistent with the hypothesis that Int-5 contains an oncogene, different from any other previously described, involved in early events in some models of chemical carcinogenesis...
- Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybridsC A Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 3:121-33. 1977
- Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. III. The position of Thy-1 relative to Lap-1 and Mpi-1T C Douglas
J Hered 70:250-4. 1979..chromosome 9 of the mouse was determined relative to the biochemical markers Lap-1 (leucine arylaminopeptidase) and Mpi-1 (mannosephosphate isomerase)...
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- The genes coding for pyruvate kinase (M2) and mannosephosphate isomerase are linked in man and mouseP A Lalley
Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:581-4. 1978
- Identification and genetic monitoring of mouse inbred strains using biochemical polymorphismsA Groen
Lab Anim 11:209-14. 1977..examined at 12 chromosome loci coding body protein-polymorphism Es-1, Es-2, Es-3, Es-5, Gpi-1, Hbb, Id-1, Ldr-1, Mpi-1, Mup-1, Pgm-1, Trf). The allelic variation at 7 loci could be detected simultaneously...
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..Malate oxidoreductase decarboxylating (MOD) and mannose phosphate isomerase (MPI) segregated concordantly, confirming an established linkage relationship; adenine phosphoribosyltransferase (APRT) ..
- Linkage among esterase-6 (Es-6), neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), and apolipoprotein C-III (apoc-3) genes on rat chromosome 8E Kobayashi
Imamichi Institute for Animal Reproduction, Ibaraki, Japan
Mamm Genome 3:656-8. 1992
- Assignment of the gene for intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (Icam-1) to proximal mouse chromosome 9C M Ballantyne
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Genomics 9:547-50. 1991..The mapping of Icam-1 to the region known to contain the Idd-2 gene raises the question of whether the phenotypic differences attributed to the Idd-2 locus might be due to genetic variation in Icam-1...
- Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2U Francke
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:57-84. 1977..mapped by sexual genetics: Dip-1 and Id-1 to chromosome 1; Pgm-2 and Pgd to 4; Pgm-1 to 5; Gpi-1 to 7; Gr-1 to 8; Mpi-1 and Mod-1 to 9; Np-1 and Es-10 to 14...
- Tg (9 HSA-MYC), a homozygous lethal insertion in the mouseS Tutois
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 1:184-90. 1991..The 3' flanking sequence has been cloned and analyzed. It contains a unique sequence that has been conserved during evolution and maps to Chromosome (Chr) 9. This mutant has been designated Tg 9 (HSA-MYC)...
- Identification of a common viral integration region in Cas-Br-E murine leukemia virus-induced non-T-, non-B-cell lymphomasD Bergeron
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
J Virol 65:7-15. 1991....
- Mapping of multiple subunits of the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor to chromosome 15 in man and chromosome 9 in mouseC M Eng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Genomics 9:278-82. 1991..Using interspecies crosses in mice, the Acra-5 gene was found closely linked to the Mpi-1 locus...
- Chromosomal localization of the mouse genes coding for alpha 2, alpha 3, alpha 4 and beta 2 subunits of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptorA Bessis
UA CNRS D1284, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 264:48-52. 1990..14, 9 and 3 respectively. Moreover, the alpha 4 subunit gene is located on chromosome 2 but is not genetically linked to the alpha 1 subunit gene...
- Linkage of the mouse LDL receptor gene on chromosome 9S L Frank
Department of Microbiology, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Genomics 5:646-8. 1989..8 +/- 5.6-Apoa-4-7.3 +/- 3.5-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 3.9-Emv-3 or dilute...
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..The locations of the following loci were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Polymorphism and linkage for mannosephosphate isomerase in Mus musculusE A Nichols
Biochem Genet 8:47-53. 1973
- Genetic mapping of the murine gene and 14 related sequences encoding chromosomal protein HMG-14K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 3:625-32. 1992..Thus, the Hmg14 multigene family is well suited to serve as genetic markers for other linkage studies in mice...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...