- miRNA let-7e targeting MMP9 is involved in adipose-derived stem cell differentiation toward epithelia
Department of Experimental Pathology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona, Spanish Research Council IIBB CSIC, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Death Dis 5:e1048. 2014
..Using luciferase reporter assays, we also showed that MMP9 is a direct target of miRNA let-7e. Thus, our results suggest that miRNA let-7e acts as a matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9) inhibitor and differentiation inducer in ASCs. ..
- The RNA-binding protein LIN28B regulates developmental timing in the mammalian cochlea
Erin J Golden
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 Center for Sensory Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E3864-73. 2015
..Together, these results implicate a key role for the LIN28B/let-7 axis in regulating postnatal SC plasticity. ..
- Rewiring of embryonic glucose metabolism via suppression of PFK-1 and aldolase during mouse chorioallantoic branching
Department of Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 144:63-73. 2017
..Perturbation of glucose metabolism rewiring by suppressing Lin28a downregulation resulted in perinatal lethality. Thus, our work demonstrates that developing embryos rewire glucose metabolism following CB for normal development...
- miRNA let-7e modulates the Wnt pathway and early nephrogenic markers in mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation
Jose Luis Viñas
Departament of Experimental Pathology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona IIBB CSIC, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e60937. 2013
- Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathology, Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA24061 0342, USA
Blood 112:4591-7. 2008
..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation...
- Expression of Mirlet7 family microRNAs in response to retinoic acid-induced spermatogonial differentiation in mice
Ming Han Tong
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Biol Reprod 85:189-97. 2011
..These results suggest that Mirlet7 family miRNAs play a role in retinoic acid-induced spermatogonial differentiation...
- MicroRNA let-7e is associated with the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29209, USA
Eur J Immunol 43:104-14. 2013
..We also identified IL-10 as one of the functional targets of let-7e. Together, we propose that let-7e is a new miRNA involved in the regulation of encephalitogenic T-cell differentiation and the pathogenesis of EAE...
- ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell 153:575-89. 2013
..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype...
- MicroRNA-responsive 'sensor' transgenes uncover Hox-like and other developmentally regulated patterns of vertebrate microRNA expression
Jennifer H Mansfield
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 36:1079-83. 2004
..Furthermore, miR-196a negatively regulates Hoxb8, indicating that its restricted expression pattern probably reflects a role in the patterning function of the Hox complex...
- The let-7 target gene mouse lin-41 is a stem cell specific E3 ubiquitin ligase for the miRNA pathway protein Ago2
Center for Anatomy, Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 11:1411-20. 2009
..Furthermore, mLin41 cooperated with the pluripotency factor Lin-28 in suppressing let-7 activity, revealing a dual control mechanism regulating let-7 in stem cells...
- MicroRNAs enriched in hematopoietic stem cells differentially regulate long-term hematopoietic output
Ryan M O'Connell
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14235-40. 2010
..Our study identifies an evolutionarily conserved subset of miRNAs that is expressed in HSCs and functions to modulate hematopoietic output...