Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mirlet7a-1
Description: microRNA let7a-1
Alias: Let-7a, Mirnlet7a, Mirnlet7a-1
- Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancerJ Michael Thomson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Genes Dev 20:2202-7. 2006..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer...
- MicroRNA expression and regulation in mouse uterus during embryo implantationShi Jun Hu
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, College of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
J Biol Chem 283:23473-84. 2008..Furthermore, we showed that Reck was the target gene of miR-21. Our data suggest that miR-21 may play a key role during embryo implantation...
- A feedback loop comprising lin-28 and let-7 controls pre-let-7 maturation during neural stem-cell commitmentAgnieszka Rybak
Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Center for Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 10:987-93. 2008....
- Raf kinase inhibitory protein suppresses a metastasis signalling cascade involving LIN28 and let-7Surabhi Dangi-Garimella
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, Gordon Center for Integrative Sciences, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
EMBO J 28:347-58. 2009..RKIP regulation of two pluripotent stem cell genes, Myc and LIN28, highlights the importance of RKIP as a key metastasis suppressor and potential therapeutic agent...
- Mammalian miRNA RISC recruits CAF1 and PABP to affect PABP-dependent deadenylationMarc R Fabian
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Cell 35:868-80. 2009..Importantly, we present evidence that GW182, a core component of the miRISC, directly interacts with PABP via its C-terminal region and that this interaction is required for miRNA-mediated deadenylation...
- MicroRNA-206, let-7a and microRNA-21 pathways involved in the anti-angiogenesis effects of the interval exercise training and hormone therapy in breast cancerAmin Isanejad
Immunoregulation Research Center, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran Physical Education Department, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran
Life Sci 151:30-40. 2016..For example, miR-21 and miR-206 can effect on the tumor angiogenesis as an oncomir and a tumor suppressor, respectively...
- Whole-genome microRNA screening identifies let-7 and mir-18 as regulators of germ layer formation during early embryogenesisAlexandre R Colas
Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Genes Dev 26:2567-79. 2012..These findings suggest a crucial role for the let-7 and miR-18 families in germ layer specification and reveal a remarkable conservation of function from amphibians to mammals...
- Control of translation and miRNA-dependent repression by a novel poly(A) binding protein, hnRNP-QYuri V Svitkin
Department of Biochemistry and Goodman Cancer Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS Biol 11:e1001564. 2013..Thus, by competing with PABP, hnRNP-Q2 plays important roles in the regulation of global translation and miRNA-mediated repression of specific mRNAs...
- Lysine-specific demethylase 2B (KDM2B)-let-7-enhancer of zester homolog 2 (EZH2) pathway regulates cell cycle progression and senescence in primary cellsAlexandros Tzatsos
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33061-9. 2011....
- MicroRNA-let-7a expression is increased in the mesangial cells of NZB/W mice and increases IL-6 production in vitroCristen B Chafin
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Autoimmunity 46:351-62. 2013..Further studies examining the role of let-7a expression in inflammation are warranted...
- Menin is required for optimal processing of the microRNA let-7aBuddha Gurung
From the Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
J Biol Chem 289:9902-8. 2014....
- Lin28a is dormant, functional, and dispensable during mouse oocyte-to-embryo transitionMatyas Flemr
Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Biol Reprod 90:131. 2014..Our data imply dual repression of Let-7 during OET in the mouse model, the selective suppression of Let-7 biogenesis by Lin28 homologs superimposed on previously reported global suppression of miRNA activity. ..
- MYCN-targeting miRNAs are predominantly downregulated during MYCN‑driven neuroblastoma tumor formationAnneleen Beckers
Center for Medical Genetics CMGG, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Oncotarget 6:5204-16. 2015..Therefore, we provide evidence that MYCN-targeting miRNAs are preferentially downregulated in MYCN-driven neuroblastoma, suggesting that MYCN negatively controls the expression of these miRNAs, to safeguard its expression. ..
- Deregulation of microRNAs Let-7a and miR-21 mediate aberrant STAT3 signaling during human papillomavirus-induced cervical carcinogenesis: role of E6 oncoproteinGauri Shishodia
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, I 7, Sector 39, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301, India
BMC Cancer 14:996. 2014....
- Lin28a protects against cardiac ischaemia/reperfusion injury in diabetic mice through the insulin-PI3K-mTOR pathwayMingming Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Cell Mol Med 19:1174-82. 2015..The mechanism responsible for the effects of lin28a is associated with the insulin-PI3K-mTOR dependent pathway. ..
- Opposing microRNA families regulate self-renewal in mouse embryonic stem cellsCollin Melton
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences, Program in Biomedical Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 463:621-6. 2010..Together, these findings show how the ESCC and let-7 miRNAs act through common pathways to alternatively stabilize the self-renewing versus differentiated cell fates...
- The RNA helicase DDX6 regulates cell-fate specification in neural stem cells via miRNAsSarah Nicklas
Stem Cell Biology and Regeneration Group, Institute of Cell Biology, ZMBE, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany Developmental and Cellular Biology Group, Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine LCSB, University of Luxembourg, L 4362 Esch Belval, Luxembourg
Nucleic Acids Res 43:2638-54. 2015..Furthermore, we provide evidence that DDX6 is necessary and sufficient for neuronal differentiation and that it functions in cooperation with TRIM32. ..
- Precise let-7 expression levels balance organ regeneration against tumor suppressionLinwei Wu
Children s Research Institute, Departments of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, United States
elife 4:e09431. 2015..These dose-dependent roles for let-7 in tissue repair and tumorigenesis rationalize the tight regulation of this microRNA in development, and have important implications for let-7 based therapeutics. ..
- Let7a involves in neural stem cell differentiation relating with TLX levelJuhyun Song
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 462:396-401. 2015..Our data showed that let7a play important roles in controlling NSC fate determination. Thus, manipulating Let-7A and TLX could be a novel strategy to enhance the efficiency of NSC's neuronal differentiation for CNS disorders. ..
- The microRNAs Let7c and miR21 are recognized by neuronal Toll-like receptor 7 to restrict dendritic growth of neuronsHsin Yu Liu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan Electronic address
Exp Neurol 269:202-12. 2015..Neuronal innate immune responses may influence neurodevelopment and neurodegeneration through the regulation of neuronal morphology. ..
- Let-7a inhibits growth and migration of breast cancer cells by targeting HMGA1Kui Liu
School of Medicine, Jiangsu University, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu 212013, P R China
Int J Oncol 46:2526-34. 2015..Our data suggest that let-7a plays an important role as a tumor suppressor gene by targeting HMGA1, which may open novel perspectives for clinical treatments against breast cancer...
- Let-7-mediated suppression of mucin 1 expression in the mouse uterus during embryo implantationWilasinee Inyawilert
Department of Animal Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
J Reprod Dev 61:138-44. 2015..Additionally, the current study suggests that miRNAs are novel targets which can be used to facilitate a successful pregnancy and repair implantation failure. ..
- Let-7 and miR-125 cooperate to prime progenitors for astrogliogenesisArchana Shenoy
Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences and Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
EMBO J 34:1180-94. 2015..These findings provide insight into the microRNAs and the genes they regulate in this important cell fate transition. ..
- Thioredoxin 1 negatively regulates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy through upregulation of miR-98/let-7Yanfei Yang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, NJ 07103, USA
Circ Res 108:305-13. 2011..Thioredoxin (Trx)1 inhibits pathological cardiac hypertrophy. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small noncoding RNAs that downregulate posttranscriptional expression of target molecules...
- miR-210 promotes osteoblastic differentiation through inhibition of AcvR1bYosuke Mizuno
Division of Functional Genomics and Systems Medicine, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:2263-8. 2009..We conclude that miR-210 acts as a positive regulator of osteoblastic differentiation by inhibiting the TGF-beta/activin signaling pathway through inhibition of AcvR1b...
- Cellular stress induced alterations in microRNA let-7a and let-7b expression are dependent on p53Anthony D Saleh
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24429. 2011....
- Control of glucose homeostasis and insulin sensitivity by the Let-7 family of microRNAsRobert J A Frost
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:21075-80. 2011..Furthermore, our Cre-inducible Let-7-transgenic mice provide a unique model for studying tissue-specific aspects of body growth and type 2 diabetes...
- DMBA induces deregulation of miRNA expression of let-7, miR-21 and miR-146a in CBA/CA miceKrisztina Juhász
Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs, 12 Szigeti Str, 7624 Hungary
In Vivo 26:113-7. 2012..7,12-Dimethylbenz(α)anthracene (DMBA) is a carcinogen capable of inducing various types of tumors...
- Involvement of microRNA lethal-7a in the regulation of embryo implantation in miceWei Min Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e37039. 2012..This study provides the first direct evidence that let-7a is involved in regulating the implantation process partly via modulation of the expression of integrin-β3...
- MicroRNA let-7a ameliorates con A-induced hepatitis by inhibiting IL-6-dependent Th17 cell differentiationYingying Zhang
Laboratory of Medicine of Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu, 241001, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 33:630-9. 2013..let-7a was further found to inhibit Th17 differentiation by downregulating IL-6 secretion. It may represent as a novel therapeutic strategy in treating immune-mediated inflammatory hepatitis...
- The downregulation of microRNA let-7a contributes to the excessive expression of type I collagen in systemic and localized sclerodermaKatsunari Makino
Department of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
J Immunol 190:3905-15. 2013..p. miRNA injection improved the skin fibrosis induced by bleomycin in mice. Investigation of more detailed mechanisms of miRNA-mediated regulation of collagen expression may lead to new therapeutic approaches against SSc and LSc...
- Let-7 represses Nr6a1 and a mid-gestation developmental program in adult fibroblastsAllan M Gurtan
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 27:941-54. 2013..In total, let-7 is required for the continual suppression of embryonic gene expression in adult cells, a mechanism that may underlie its tumor-suppressive function...
- miR-107 promotes tumor progression by targeting the let-7 microRNA in mice and humansPai Sheng Chen
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Invest 121:3442-55. 2011..Altogether, we have identified an oncogenic role for miR-107 and provide evidence of a transregulational interaction among miRNAs in human cancer development...
- MicroRNA-responsive 'sensor' transgenes uncover Hox-like and other developmentally regulated patterns of vertebrate microRNA expressionJennifer H Mansfield
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 36:1079-83. 2004..Furthermore, miR-196a negatively regulates Hoxb8, indicating that its restricted expression pattern probably reflects a role in the patterning function of the Hox complex...
- Let-7 microRNA-mediated regulation of IL-13 and allergic airway inflammationManish Kumar
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory and Centre of Excellence for Translational Research in Asthma and Lung Disease, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology Unit of C S I R, Delhi, India
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:1077-85.e1-10. 2011..Although much is known about transcriptional regulation of IL-13, posttranscriptional regulation is poorly understood...
- Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortalityYaoqian Pan
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:369-74. 2011..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation...
- Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cellsXiaomin Zhong
Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41961-71. 2010..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers...
- Proinflammatory role for let-7 microRNAS in experimental asthmaSumanth Polikepahad
From the Department of Medicine
J Biol Chem 285:30139-49. 2010..Our findings thus reveal unexpected complexity in the miRNAome underlying allergic lung disease and demonstrate a proinflammatory role for let-7 miRNAs...
- MOV10L1 is necessary for protection of spermatocytes against retrotransposons by Piwi-interacting RNAsRobert J A Frost
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11847-52. 2010....
- LIN28 alters cell fate succession and acts independently of the let-7 microRNA during neurogliogenesis in vitroErica Balzer
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Development 137:891-900. 2010..Importantly, the role of LIN28 in cell fate succession in vertebrate cells is analogous to its activity as a developmental timing regulator in C. elegans...
- Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal developmentAmit Arora
Centre for Vision and Vascular Science, Queen s University Belfast, Ophthalmic Research Centre, Institute of Clinical Science, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast BT12 6BA, UK
BMC Dev Biol 10:1. 2010..The purpose of this study was to predict miRNAs which affect mRNA levels in developing and adult retinal tissue and to confirm their expression...
- The let-7 target gene mouse lin-41 is a stem cell specific E3 ubiquitin ligase for the miRNA pathway protein Ago2Agnieszka Rybak
Center for Anatomy, Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 11:1411-20. 2009..Furthermore, mLin41 cooperated with the pluripotency factor Lin-28 in suppressing let-7 activity, revealing a dual control mechanism regulating let-7 in stem cells...
- Lin28 recruits the TUTase Zcchc11 to inhibit let-7 maturation in mouse embryonic stem cellsJohn P Hagan
Stem Cell Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:1021-5. 2009..Our results establish a role for Zcchc11-catalyzed pre-let-7 uridylation in the control of miRNA biogenesis...
- MicroRNA let-7 regulates 3T3-L1 adipogenesisTingwan Sun
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9050, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:925-31. 2009..These results suggest that let-7 plays an important role in adipocyte differentiation and that it does so in part by targeting HMGA2, thereby regulating the transition from clonal expansion to terminal differentiation...
- Silencing efficiency differs among tissues and endogenous microRNA pathway is preserved in short hairpin RNA transgenic miceHiroki Sasaguri
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:213-8. 2009..Neither endogenous miRNAs nor their target gene levels were altered, indicating the preservation of endogenous miRNA pathways. We think that the shRNA transgenic mice can be utilized for gene analysis...
- A large ribonucleoprotein particle induced by cytoplasmic PrP shares striking similarities with the chromatoid body, an RNA granule predicted to function in posttranscriptional gene regulationSimon Beaudoin
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, 3001 12 ème avenue nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:335-45. 2009....
- Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expressionMotoyuki Otsuka
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Immunity 27:123-34. 2007..Our data suggest that host miRNA can play a role in host interactions with viruses...
- Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAsRui Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 38:356-62. 2006..Here we characterize miRNAs in skin, the existence of which was hitherto unappreciated, and demonstrate their differential expression and importance in the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues within this vital organ...