- MicroRNA-449a levels increase by several orders of magnitude during mucociliary differentiation of airway epithelia
Department of Molecular Oncology, Göttingen Center of Molecular Biosciences, University of Gottingen, Germany
Cell Cycle 9:4579-83. 2010
..Moreover, miR-449a may actively promote mucociliary differentiation through its ability to block cell cycle progression, and it may conribute to a first line of defence against genotoxic stress by its proapoptotic functions...
- E2F1-inducible microRNA 449a/b suppresses cell proliferation and promotes apoptosis
Department of Molecular Oncology, Göttingen Center of Molecular Biosciences GZMB, Ernst Caspari Haus, University of Gottingen, Justus von Liebig Weg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Cell Death Differ 17:452-8. 2010
..While responding to different transactivators, miRNAs 449 and 34 each repress E2F1, but promote p53 activity, allowing efficient cross-talk between two major DNA damage-responsive gene regulators...
- MicroRNA-449 and microRNA-34b/c function redundantly in murine testes by targeting E2F transcription factor-retinoblastoma protein (E2F-pRb) pathway
Department of Histology and Embryology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
J Biol Chem 287:21686-98. 2012
..Taken together, our data suggest that the miR-449 cluster and miR-34b/c function redundantly in the regulation of male germ cell development in murine testes...
- miR-449a contributes to glucocorticoid-induced CRF-R1 downregulation in the pituitary during stress
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5, Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 27:1593-602. 2013
..Adrenalectomy attenuated restraint-induced increase in miR-449a expression in the pituitary. These results indicated that miR-449a plays an important role in stress-induced, glucocorticoid-mediated downregulation of CRF-R1 expression. ..
- Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia and infertility in mice deficient for miR-34b/c and miR-449 loci
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Mouse Biology Unit, Monterotondo Scalo, Italy
PLoS Genet 10:e1004597. 2014
..Our results identify the miR-34 family as the first functionally important miRNAs for spermatogenesis whose deregulation is causal to oligoasthenoteratozoospermia and infertility. ..
- Systematic discovery of regulatory motifs in human promoters and 3' UTRs by comparison of several mammals
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141, USA
Nature 434:338-45. 2005
..The overall results provide a systematic view of gene regulation in the human, which will be refined as additional mammalian genomes become available...
- microRNA-449 is a putative regulator of choroid plexus development and function
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Brain Res 1250:20-6. 2009
..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR449 has a specific role in the development and functioning of choroid plexuses...
- Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis
Institute of Experimental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum München GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 10:265-73. 2010
..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages...
- miR-449 inhibits cell proliferation and is down-regulated in gastric cancer
Tony Bou Kheir
BRIC Biotech Research and Innovation Centre and Centre for Epigenetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cancer 10:29. 2011
..The current study is focused on identifying microRNAs involved in gastric carcinogenesis and to explore their mechanistic relevance by characterizing their targets...