Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir27a
Description: microRNA 27a
Alias: Mirn27a, mmu-mir-27a
- miR-27a is a negative regulator of adipocyte differentiation via suppressing PPARgamma expressionSang Yun Kim
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Kwanak gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 392:323-8. 2010..Together, these results suggest that miR-27a would suppress adipocyte differentiation through targeting PPARgamma and thereby down-regulation of miR-27a might be associated with adipose tissue dysregulation in obesity...
- A network connecting Runx2, SATB2, and the miR-23a~27a~24-2 cluster regulates the osteoblast differentiation programMohammad Q Hassan
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19879-84. 2010..Taken together, we have established a regulatory network with a central role for the miR cluster 23a∼27a∼24-2 in both progression and maintenance of the osteocyte phenotype...
- Regulation of angiogenesis and choroidal neovascularization by members of microRNA-23~27~24 clustersQinbo Zhou
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8287-92. 2011..Manipulating miR-23/27 levels may have important therapeutic implications in neovascular age-related macular degeneration and other vascular disorders...
- SON protein regulates GATA-2 through transcriptional control of the microRNA 23a~27a~24-2 clusterErin Eun Young Ahn
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, The University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 288:5381-8. 2013..Our data revealed a previously unidentified role of SON in microRNA production via regulating the transcription process, thereby modulating GATA-2 at the protein level during hematopoietic differentiation...
- MicroRNA-27a promotes myoblast proliferation by targeting myostatinZhiqing Huang
Key Laboratory for Animal Disease Resistance Nutrition of China Ministry of Education, Institute of Animal Nutrition, Sichuan Agricultural University, Yaan, Sichuan 625014, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:265-9. 2012..In addition, the miR-27a was confirmed to target myostatin 3'UTR by a luciferase reporter analysis. Together, these results suggest that miR-27a promotes myoblast proliferation through targeting myostatin...
- TGF-β-associated miR-27a inhibits dendritic cell-mediated differentiation of Th1 and Th17 cells by TAB3, p38 MAPK, MAP2K4 and MAP2K7S Min
Department of Immunology, Nankai University School of Medicine, Tianjin, China
Genes Immun 13:621-31. 2012..The repeated infusion of miR-27a-engineered DCs into tumor tissues accelerated tumor growth, indicating that miR-27a is a potential target for tumor immunotherapy...
- MicroRNA-27 promotes the differentiation of odontoblastic cell by targeting APC and activating Wnt/β-catenin signalingMin Gyeong Park
Oral Biology Research Institute, Chosun University School of Dentistry, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Gene 538:266-72. 2014..Therefore, miR-27 might be considered a critical candidate as an odontoblastic differentiation molecular target for the development of miRNA based therapeutic agents in the dental medicine...
- Expression of Sp7 in Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells is regulated by microRNA-27aYiming Gong
Department of Stomatology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biochem 417:7-16. 2016..Our results suggest that expression of Sp7 during the early stage of Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs is regulated by miR-27a. ..
- Negative auto-regulation of myostatin expression is mediated by Smad3 and microRNA-27Craig McFarlane
Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 9:e87687. 2014..Therefore, miR-27a/b, through negatively regulating Mstn, plays a role in promoting satellite cell activation, myoblast proliferation and preventing muscle wasting. ..
- MicroRNA-23a/b and microRNA-27a/b suppress Apaf-1 protein and alleviate hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosisQ Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Jiangsu Engineering Research Center for microRNA Biology and Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Cell Death Dis 5:e1132. 2014..Our findings may also have implications for the potential target role of microRNAs in the treatment of neuronal apoptosis-related diseases. ..
- miR-27a regulates inflammatory response of macrophages by targeting IL-10Na Xie
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294
J Immunol 193:327-34. 2014..In conclusion, our study identified miR-27a downregulation as a negative-regulatory mechanism that prevents overly exuberant TLR2- and TLR4-driven inflammatory responses. ..
- miR-27a is up regulated and promotes inflammatory response in sepsisZhongchuan Wang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Cell Immunol 290:190-5. 2014....
- Identification of regulatory elements directing miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 transcriptional regulation in response to muscle hypertrophic stimuliFrancisco Hernández-Torres
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Experimental Biology, University of Jaen, Jaen, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1839:885-97. 2014..Taking together, our results provide new insights into the regulatory networks driving miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 cluster expression in cardiac and skeletal muscles. ..
- Downregulation of miR-23a and miR-27a following experimental traumatic brain injury induces neuronal cell death through activation of proapoptotic Bcl-2 proteinsBoris Sabirzhanov
Department of Anesthesiology and Center for Shock, Trauma, and Anesthesiology Research, University of Maryland School of Medicine
J Neurosci 34:10055-71. 2014..These findings indicate that post-traumatic decreases in miR-23a and miR-27a contribute to neuronal cell death after TBI by upregulating proapoptotic Bcl-2 family members, thus providing a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Tumor suppressor microRNA-27a in colorectal carcinogenesis and progression by targeting SGPP1 and Smad2Yonghua Bao
Department of Immunology, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, China
PLoS ONE 9:e105991. 2014..Therefore, miR-27a could be a useful biomarker for monitoring colorectal cancer development and progression, and also could have a therapeutic potential by targeting SGPP1, Smad2 and STAT3 for colorectal cancer therapy. ..
- Functional screen reveals essential roles of miR-27a/24 in differentiation of embryonic stem cellsYanni Ma
State Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
EMBO J 34:361-78. 2015..Altogether, our findings uncover the essential role of miR-27 and miR-24 in ESC differentiation and also demonstrate novel microRNAs responsible for ESC differentiation. ..
- MicroRNA-27a-3p Inhibits Melanogenesis in Mouse Skin Melanocytes by Targeting Wnt3aYuanyuan Zhao
College of Animal Science and Technology, Shanxi Agricultural University, Taigu 030801, China
Int J Mol Sci 16:10921-33. 2015..Previous studies reported that Wnt3a promoted melanogenensis in mouse melanocytes. Thus, miR-27-3p inhibits melanogenesis by repressing Wnt3a protein expression. ..
- Mir-27a promotes apoptosis of cochlear sensory epithelium in Cx26 knockout miceYunfeng Wang
Department of Otolaryngology, Affiliated Eye and ENT Hospital of Fudan University, Building 9 Room 611, 83 Fenyang Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200031, China
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 21:364-73. 2016..Thus, mir-27a was identified as an apoptotic molecule that participates in Cx26 knockout-induced apoptosis in the cochlear sensory epithelium of mice by downregulating sgk1 expression. ..
- miR-23∼27∼24 clusters control effector T cell differentiation and functionSunglim Cho
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093
J Exp Med 213:235-49. 2016....
- MicroRNAs 24 and 27 Suppress Allergic Inflammation and Target a Network of Regulators of T Helper 2 Cell-Associated Cytokine ProductionHeather H Pua
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Immunity 44:821-32. 2016..Thus, elucidating the biological function and target repertoire of miR-24 and miR-27 reveals regulators of Th2 cell biology...
- Combinatorial regulation of lipoprotein lipase by microRNAs during mouse adipogenesisMaria Bouvy-Liivrand
Life Sciences Research Unit University of Luxembourg Luxembourg, Luxembourg Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine University of Luxembourg Esch Sur Alzette, Luxembourg
RNA Biol 11:76-91. 2014..The obtained results might offer an explanation to the dysregulation of LPL in diabetic conditions and could be extended to quantitative modeling of regulation of other metabolic genes under similar regulatory network motifs. ..
- Hypoxia mediates mutual repression between microRNA-27a and PPARγ in the pulmonary vasculatureBum Yong Kang
Departments of Medicine, Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e79503. 2013....
- MicroRNA expression signature for Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation in bone marrow stromal cellsYiming Gong
Department of Stomatology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biochem 387:227-39. 2014..In this study, we identified that a number of differentially regulated miRNAs, whose target genes involved in the TGF-β/BMP signaling pathway, play an important role in the early stage of Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Role of microRNA-27a in myoblast differentiationXiaoling Chen
Key Laboratory for Animal Disease Resistance Nutrition of China Ministry of Education, Institute of Animal Nutrition, Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 611130, P R China
Cell Biol Int 38:266-71. 2014..Overexpression of miR-27a increased the number of myosin heavy chain (MHC)-positive cells and upregulated mRNA and protein of MyoD and myogenin. These findings indicate that miR-27a plays a role in enhancing myoblast differentiation. ..
- A regulatory circuit comprising GATA1/2 switch and microRNA-27a/24 promotes erythropoiesisFang Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences CAMS and Peking Union Medical College PUMC, Beijing 100005, PR China, Zebrafish Core Facility, State Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Sciences, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100005, PR China, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Computation and Information Technology, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, PR China, Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China and Cancer center, the General Hospital of the People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 42:442-57. 2014..Taken together, these data integrated micro RNA expression and function into GATA factor coordinated networks and provided mechanistic insight into a regulatory circuit that comprised GATA1/2 switch and miR-27a/24 in erythropoiesis...
- miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survivalPei Fan
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60888. 2013..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways...
- Precursor microRNA-programmed silencing complex assembly pathways in mammalsXuhang Liu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Neuropathology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell 46:507-17. 2012..Our studies provide a comprehensive view of miRNP/RISC assembly pathways in mammals, and our assay provides a versatile platform for further mechanistic dissection of such pathways in mammals...
- Degradation of cellular mir-27 by a novel, highly abundant viral transcript is important for efficient virus replication in vivoLisa Marcinowski
Max von Pettenkofer Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002510. 2012....
- Downregulation of miR-27a* and miR-532-5p and upregulation of miR-146a and miR-155 in LPS-induced RAW264.7 macrophage cellsYing Cheng
College of Agriculture, Hainan Key Lab of Tropical Animal Reproduction and Breeding and Epidemic Disease Research Construction Period, Animal Genetic Engineering Key Lab of Haikou, Hainan University, Haidian Island, Haikou, 570228, People s Republic of China
Inflammation 35:1308-13. 2012..Our findings may provide the basic information for the precise roles of miRNAs in the macrophage inflammatory response to LPS stimulation in the future...
- Murine cytomegalovirus encodes a miR-27 inhibitor disguised as a targetValentina Libri
Centre for Immunity, Infection and Evolution, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:279-84. 2012..This virus-host interaction reveals a mode of miRNA regulation in which a mRNA directs the degradation of a miRNA. We speculate that RNA-mediated miRNA degradation could be a more general viral strategy for manipulating host cells...
- Identification of microRNAs with a role in glucose stimulated insulin secretion by expression profiling of MIN6 cellsErica Hennessy
National Institute of Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:457-62. 2010..In this study, we have also identified 21 miRNAs not previously known to have a potential murine homologue...
- Pitx2c modulates Pax3+/Pax7+ cell populations and regulates Pax3 expression by repressing miR27 expression during myogenesisEstefanía Lozano-Velasco
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Experimental Sciences, University of Jaen, Spain
Dev Biol 357:165-78. 2011..Therefore, this study sheds light on previously unknown function of Pitx2c balancing the different myogenic progenitor populations during myogenesis...
- MicroRNA-27a regulates beta cardiac myosin heavy chain gene expression by targeting thyroid hormone receptor beta1 in neonatal rat ventricular myocytesHitoo Nishi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 31:744-55. 2011..These findings suggested that miR-27a regulates β-MHC gene expression by targeting TRβ1 in cardiomyocytes...
- MicroRNA regulation in Ames dwarf mouse liver may contribute to delayed agingDavid J Bates
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Aging Cell 9:1-18. 2010..Furthermore, compared to its normal siblings, the dwarf mouse exhibits a head start in regulating these pathways to control their normality, which may ultimately contribute to its extended health-span and longevity...