Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir200b
Description: microRNA 200b
- A double-negative feedback loop between ZEB1-SIP1 and the microRNA-200 family regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transitionCameron P Bracken
Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Res 68:7846-54. 2008..These findings establish a double-negative feedback loop controlling ZEB1-SIP1 and miR-200 family expression that regulates cellular phenotype and has direct relevance to the role of these factors in tumor progression...
- Downregulation of endothelial microRNA-200b supports cutaneous wound angiogenesis by desilencing GATA binding protein 2 and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2Yuk Cheung Chan
Department of Surgery, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1372-82. 2012..MicroRNAs (miRs) regulate angiogenesis by posttranscriptional silencing of target genes. The significance of angiostatic miR-200b in switching on skin wound angiogenesis was tested...
- miR-200b Mediates Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition in Diabetic CardiomyopathyBiao Feng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Medical Research Center, Mudanjiang Medical University, Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China
Diabetes 65:768-79. 2016..These data indicate that glucose-induced EndMT in vivo and in vitro in the hearts of diabetic mice is possibly mediated by miR-200b and p300...
- High Glucose-Repressed CITED2 Expression Through miR-200b Triggers the Unfolded Protein Response and Endoplasmic Reticulum StressHui Gu
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Diabetes 65:149-63. 2016..Thus, we showed a novel function of miR-200b and CITED2 in high glucose-induced UPR and ER stress, suggesting that miR-200b and CITED2 are critical for ER homeostasis and NTD formation in the developing embryo...
- Transcription Factor Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor-1β (HNF-1β) Regulates MicroRNA-200 Expression through a Long Noncoding RNASachin S Hajarnis
From the Departments of Internal Medicine and
J Biol Chem 290:24793-805. 2015..These studies reveal a novel pathway whereby HNF-1β directly contributes to the control of miRNAs that are involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cystic kidney disease...
- microRNA-200b and microRNA-200c promote colorectal cancer cell proliferation via targeting the reversion-inducing cysteine-rich protein with Kazal motifsYi Pan
a Jiangsu Engineering Research Center for microRNA Biology and Biotechnology State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology School of Life Sciences Nanjing University Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
RNA Biol 12:276-89. 2015..Taken together, our results demonstrate that miR-200b/c play a critical role in promoting colorectal tumorigenesis through inhibiting RECK expression and subsequently triggering SKP2 elevation and p27(Kip1) degradation. ..
- Sonic hedgehog increases the skin wound-healing ability of mouse embryonic stem cells through the microRNA 200 familyHan Na Suh
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Br J Pharmacol 172:815-28. 2015..The present study investigated the effect of mESCs with shh in skin recovery in vivo as well as the related intracellular signal pathways in vitro...
- MicroRNA-135a and -200b, potential Biomarkers for Alzheimer׳s disease, regulate β secretase and amyloid precursor proteinChen Geng Liu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 45 Changchun Road, Beijing, 100053, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1583:55-64. 2014..05). In conclusion, these findings showed that miR-135a, -200b and -429 may take part in the progress of AD; miR-200b was of great potential as noninvasive and easily detected blood-based biomarkers of MCI and DAT patients. ..
- Specificity protein 1 (Sp1) maintains basal epithelial expression of the miR-200 family: implications for epithelial-mesenchymal transitionNatasha Kolesnikoff
From the Centre for Cancer Biology, University of South Australia and SA Pathology, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 289:11194-205. 2014..Together, these findings indicate that miR-200 family members require Sp1 to drive basal expression and to maintain an epithelial state. ..
- RKIP and HMGA2 regulate breast tumor survival and metastasis through lysyl oxidase and syndecan-2M Sun
1 Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA 2 Committee On Genetics, Genomics and System Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 33:3528-37. 2014..Taken together, our findings reveal two novel signaling pathways targeted by the metastasis suppressor RKIP that regulate remodeling of the extracellular matrix and tumor survival. ..
- miR-200b targets GATA-4 during cell growth and differentiationChun xia Yao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou City, China
RNA Biol 10:465-80. 2013..Thus, miR-200b targets GATA-4 to downregulate the expression of cyclin D1 and myosin heavy chain (MHC), thereby regulating cell growth and differentiation...
- Stat3-coordinated Lin-28-let-7-HMGA2 and miR-200-ZEB1 circuits initiate and maintain oncostatin M-driven epithelial-mesenchymal transitionL Guo
Department of Molecular Immunology, Beijing Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Oncogene 32:5272-82. 2013..These findings highlight the importance of Stat3-coordinated Lin-28B-let-7-HMGA2 and miR-200-ZEB1 circuits in the cytokine-mediated phenotypic reprogramming of breast cancer cells. ..
- A microRNA circuit mediates transforming growth factor-β1 autoregulation in renal glomerular mesangial cellsMitsuo Kato
Gonda Diabetes Center, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California, USA
Kidney Int 80:358-68. 2011..Thus, miRNA-regulated circuits may amplify TGF-β1 signaling, accelerating chronic fibrotic diseases such as diabetic nephropathy...
- FOG2 protein down-regulation by transforming growth factor-β1-induced microRNA-200b/c leads to Akt kinase activation and glomerular mesangial hypertrophy related to diabetic nephropathyJung Tak Park
Division of Molecular Diabetes Research, Department of Diabetes, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Biol Chem 288:22469-80. 2013..These data suggest a new mechanism for TGF-β-induced Akt activation through FOG2 down-regulation by miR-200b/c, which can lead to glomerular mesangial hypertrophy in the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- MiR-200b is involved in Tgf-β signaling to regulate mammalian palate developmentJeong Oh Shin
Division in Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Brain Korea 21 Project, Oral Science Research Center, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei ro, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Histochem Cell Biol 137:67-78. 2012..Elucidating the mechanism of palatogenesis may aid the design of effective gene-based therapies for the treatment of congenital cleft palate...
- Dicer regulates the development of nephrogenic and ureteric compartments in the mammalian kidneyVidya K Nagalakshmi
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Kidney Int 79:317-30. 2011..Furthermore, an understanding of miRNA action may provide new insights into the etiology and pathogenesis of renal cyst-based kidney disease...
- miR-200b and miR-429 function in mouse ovulation and are essential for female fertilityHidetoshi Hasuwa
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Science 341:71-3. 2013..Our results reveal roles for miR-200b and miR-429, and their target the Zeb1 gene, in the regulation of mammalian reproduction. Thus, the hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis was shown to require miR-200b and miR-429 to support ovulation. ..
- Targets of the tumor suppressor miR-200 in regulation of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancerMark J Schliekelman
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 71:7670-82. 2011..Lastly, we identified ECM proteins and peptidases that were directly regulated by miR-200. Taken together, our results reveal how expression of miR-200 alters the tumor microenvironment to inhibit the processes of EMT and metastasis...
- Antagonistic function of the RNA-binding protein HuR and miR-200b in post-transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-A expression and angiogenesisSung Hee Chang
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 288:4908-21. 2013..Together, these studies reveal an evolutionarily conserved post-transcriptional mechanism involving competitive interactions between HuR and miR-200b that controls angiogenesis...
- MicroRNAs regulate renal tubule maturation through modulation of Pkd1Vishal Patel
Department of Internal Medicine Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, MC 8856, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1941-8. 2012..In conclusion, miRNAs are essential for the maturation of renal tubules, and Pkd1 is a target of miR-200. These results also suggest that miRNAs may modulate PKD1 gene dosage and play a role in the initiation of cystogenesis...
- Impact of lactobacilli on orally acquired listeriosisCristel Archambaud
Unité des Interactions Bactéries Cellules, Institut Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16684-9. 2012..monocytogenes infection by treatment with lactobacilli correlates with a decrease in host gene expression, in particular ISGs, miR regulation, and a dramatic reshaping of L. monocytogenes transcriptome...
- A unilateral negative feedback loop between miR-200 microRNAs and Sox2/E2F3 controls neural progenitor cell-cycle exit and differentiationChanggeng Peng
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, and Technische Universität München Weihenstephan, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 32:13292-308. 2012....
- Sox2+ stem cells contribute to all epithelial lineages of the tooth via Sfrp5+ progenitorsEmma Juuri
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Dev Cell 23:317-28. 2012..The identification of Sox2 as a marker for the dental epithelial stem cells will facilitate further studies on their lineage segregation and differentiation during tooth renewal...
- Cell type-specific transcriptome analysis reveals a major role for Zeb1 and miR-200b in mouse inner ear morphogenesisRonna Hertzano
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002309. 2011..Our approach can be employed to decipher additional complex regulatory networks underlying other hearing and balance mouse mutants...
- miR-200b regulates cell migration via Zeb family during mouse palate developmentJeong Oh Shin
Division in Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Oral Science Research Center, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul, Korea
Histochem Cell Biol 137:459-70. 2012..These results suggest that miR-200b plays crucial roles in cell migration and palatal fusion by regulating Zeb1 and Zeb2 as a noncoding RNA during palate development...
- Pro-inflammatory role of microrna-200 in vascular smooth muscle cells from diabetic miceMarpadga A Reddy
Department of Diabetes, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:721-9. 2012..We examined the role of microRNA(miR)-200 family members and their target Zeb1, an E-box binding transcriptional repressor, in these events...
- Participation of miR-200 in pulmonary fibrosisShanzhong Yang
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Pathol 180:484-93. 2012..Thus, the miR-200 family members participate importantly in fibrotic lung diseases and suggest that restoring miR-200 expression in the lungs may represent a novel therapeutic approach in treating pulmonary fibrotic diseases...
- MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cellsLing Li
State Key Laboratory of Oral Disease, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
J Cell Biochem 113:1235-44. 2012..We thus conclude that miR-17-92 cluster could inhibit TGFB pathway induced proliferation inhibition and collagen synthesis in PMCs by directly targeting TGFBR2, SMAD2, and SMAD4...
- miR-200b mediates post-transcriptional repression of ZFHX1BNanna Rønbjerg Christoffersen
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark
RNA 13:1172-8. 2007..Overexpression of miR-200b leads to repression of endogenous ZFHX1B, and inhibition of miR-200b relieves the repression of ZFHX1B. In accordance with these findings, miR-200b regulates the activity of the E-cadherin promoter...
- The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair folliclesThomas Andl
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Biol 16:1041-9. 2006..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function...
- A skin microRNA promotes differentiation by repressing 'stemness'Rui Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York City, New York 10065, USA
Nature 452:225-9. 2008..Our findings suggest that miR-203 defines a molecular boundary between proliferative basal progenitors and terminally differentiating suprabasal cells, ensuring proper identity of neighbouring layers...
- Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic miceEnpeng Zhao
Biochemistry Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mamm Genome 20:476-85. 2009..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes...
- miR-200 enhances mouse breast cancer cell colonization to form distant metastasesDerek M Dykxhoorn
Department of Pediatrics, Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7181. 2009..Because some miRNAs are dysregulated in cancer and affect cellular transformation, tumor formation, and metastasis, we examined whether changes in miRNA expression might explain the differences in metastasis of these cells...
- Alternative splicing regulates mouse embryonic stem cell pluripotency and differentiationNathan Salomonis
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10514-9. 2010..The findings herein illustrate a critical role for AS in the specification of ES cells with differentiation, and highlight the utility of global functional analyses of AS...
- miR-200 family and targets, ZEB1 and ZEB2, modulate uterine quiescence and contractility during pregnancy and laborNora E Renthal
Department of Biochemistry, North Texas March of Dimes Birth Defects Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20828-33. 2010....
- Platelet microRNA-mRNA coexpression profiles correlate with platelet reactivitySrikanth Nagalla
Thomas Jefferson University, Cardeza Foundation for Hematologic Research, and the Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Blood 117:5189-97. 2011....