Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir200a
Description: microRNA 200a
- A double-negative feedback loop between ZEB1-SIP1 and the microRNA-200 family regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transitionCameron P Bracken
Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Res 68:7846-54. 2008..These findings establish a double-negative feedback loop controlling ZEB1-SIP1 and miR-200 family expression that regulates cellular phenotype and has direct relevance to the role of these factors in tumor progression...
- miR-200 enhances mouse breast cancer cell colonization to form distant metastasesDerek M Dykxhoorn
Department of Pediatrics, Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7181. 2009..Because some miRNAs are dysregulated in cancer and affect cellular transformation, tumor formation, and metastasis, we examined whether changes in miRNA expression might explain the differences in metastasis of these cells...
- miR-141 and miR-200a act on ovarian tumorigenesis by controlling oxidative stress responseBogdan Mateescu
Stress and Cancer Laboratory, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Nat Med 17:1627-35. 2011..The miR200a-dependent stress signature correlates with improved survival of patients in response to treatment...
- C66 ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in mice by both upregulating NRF2 function via increase in miR-200a and inhibiting miR-21Hao Wu
Department of Nephrology, The Second Hospital of Jilin University, 218 Ziqiang St, Changchun, Jilin, 130041, People s Republic of China
Diabetologia 59:1558-68. 2016..The present study aimed to define the mechanism by which C66 ameliorates diabetic nephropathy...
- MicroRNA-141-3p and miR-200a-3p regulate insulin-like growth factor 2 during mouse placental developmentSarbani Saha
Division of Cell Biology and Physiology, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata 700032, West Bengal, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 414:186-93. 2015..Our study provides evidence for regulation of Igf2 by microRNAs and further elucidates the role of miR141-3p and miR-200a-3p in the mouse placental development. ..
- miR-200a inhibits migration of triple-negative breast cancer cells through direct repression of the EPHA2 oncogeneEfrosini Tsouko
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, 3605 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Carcinogenesis 36:1051-60. 2015..The miR-200a-EPHA2 axis is a novel mechanism highlighting the possibility of utilizing miR-200a delivery to target TNBC metastases. ..
- MicroRNA-200a Regulates the Development of Mandibular Condylar CartilageM Umeda
Department of Orthodontics, Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
J Dent Res 94:795-802. 2015..These results indicate that miR-200a contributed to chondrogenesis in developing MCC by controlling proliferation and differentiation in MCC cells. ..
- MicroRNAs-141 and 200a regulate the SVCT2 transporter in bone marrow stromal cellsRajnikumar Sangani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 410:19-26. 2015..Taken together, these results indicate that both miRNAs are novel regulators of the SVCT2 transporter and play an important role in the osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs. ..
- Metastasis is regulated via microRNA-200/ZEB1 axis control of tumour cell PD-L1 expression and intratumoral immunosuppressionLimo Chen
1 Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 2 Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Commun 5:5241. 2014....
- Mechanisms of endothelial to mesenchymal transition in the retina in diabetesYanan Cao
Department of Pathology, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Medical Research Center, Mudanjiang Medical University, Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang, People s Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:7321-31. 2014..We investigated mechanisms of such changes in the retinal endothelial cells and in the retina of diabetic animals...
- A pituitary homeobox 2 (Pitx2):microRNA-200a-3p:β-catenin pathway converts mesenchymal cells to amelogenin-expressing dental epithelial cellsThad Sharp
From the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
J Biol Chem 289:27327-41. 2014..This pathway and reprogramming can be used to reprogram mesenchymal or oral epithelial cells to dental epithelial (ameloblast) cells, which can be used in tissue repair and regeneration studies. ..
- MicroRNA-200a locally attenuates progesterone signaling in the cervix, preventing embryo implantationHirofumi Haraguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology H H, T S F, Y H, M E, L M, M M, T H, K K, T F, Y O and Department of Pathology N Y, M F, Graduate School of Medicine Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences M E the University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology Y H, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Saitama 332 0012, Japan and Division of Reproductive Sciences A B, J C, S K D, Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
Mol Endocrinol 28:1108-17. 2014..These findings may point toward not only the physiological but also the pathological basis of the cervical milieu in embryo implantation...
- Specificity protein 1 (Sp1) maintains basal epithelial expression of the miR-200 family: implications for epithelial-mesenchymal transitionNatasha Kolesnikoff
From the Centre for Cancer Biology, University of South Australia and SA Pathology, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 289:11194-205. 2014..Together, these findings indicate that miR-200 family members require Sp1 to drive basal expression and to maintain an epithelial state. ..
- The over-expression of miR-200a in the hypothalamus of ob/ob mice is linked to leptin and insulin signaling impairmentDelphine Crépin
CNRS, Center of Neurosciences Paris Sud, UMR 8195, Orsay Cedex F 91405, France University Paris Sud, UMR 8195, Orsay Cedex F 91405, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 384:1-11. 2014..These findings link the alteration of leptin and insulin signaling to the up-regulation of hypothalamic miR-200a which could be a new target for treatment of obesity. ..
- Aldose reductase regulates miR-200a-3p/141-3p to coordinate Keap1-Nrf2, Tgfβ1/2, and Zeb1/2 signaling in renal mesangial cells and the renal cortex of diabetic miceJie Wei
State Key Laboratory of Cellular Stress Biology, Innovation Center for Cell Biology, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiang an, Xiamen, 361102, China
Free Radic Biol Med 67:91-102. 2014....
- MicroRNA-200a regulates Grb2 and suppresses differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endoderm and mesodermYang Liu
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Department of Hematology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e68990. 2013..Collectively, our results demonstrate that miR-200a plays critical roles in ES cell lineage commitment by directly regulating Grb2 expression and Erk signaling. ..
- Epithelial cell differentiation regulated by MicroRNA-200a in mammary glandsKentaro Nagaoka
Laboratory of Veterinary Physiology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e65127. 2013..These observations suggest that miR-200a is important for maintaining the epithelial cell phenotype, which contributes to lactogenic hormone induction of cellular differentiation in mammary glands...
- Mmu-microRNA-200a overexpression leads to implantation defect by targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog in mouse uterusLian Ju Shen
1Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Reprod Sci 20:1518-28. 2013..Thus, clarifying the physiological functions of uterine miRNAs will help to elucidate the embryo implantation process and may even contribute to curing infertility and inventing new contraceptives. ..
- Deficits in microRNA-mediated Cxcr4/Cxcl12 signaling in neurodevelopmental deficits in a 22q11 deletion syndrome mouse modelMichihiro Toritsuka
Research Institute, Shiga Medical Center, Shiga 524 8524, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17552-7. 2013....
- Curcumin reorganizes miRNA expression in a mouse model of liver fibrosisZeinab Korany Hassan
Department of Zoology, Center for Scientific and Medical Female Colleges, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:5405-8. 2012..This is the first study that highlighted the effect of curcumin on liver fibrosis through regulation of miRNAs...
- MicroRNA-200a serves a key role in the decline of progesterone receptor function leading to term and preterm laborKoriand r C Williams
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:7529-34. 2012....
- Participation of miR-200 in pulmonary fibrosisShanzhong Yang
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Pathol 180:484-93. 2012..Thus, the miR-200 family members participate importantly in fibrotic lung diseases and suggest that restoring miR-200 expression in the lungs may represent a novel therapeutic approach in treating pulmonary fibrotic diseases...
- Targets of the tumor suppressor miR-200 in regulation of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancerMark J Schliekelman
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 71:7670-82. 2011..Lastly, we identified ECM proteins and peptidases that were directly regulated by miR-200. Taken together, our results reveal how expression of miR-200 alters the tumor microenvironment to inhibit the processes of EMT and metastasis...
- Direct targeting of Sec23a by miR-200s influences cancer cell secretome and promotes metastatic colonizationManav Korpal
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Nat Med 17:1101-8. 2011..Overall, these findings suggest a pleiotropic role of miR-200s in promoting metastatic colonization by influencing E-cadherin-dependent epithelial traits and Sec23a-mediated tumor cell secretome...
- Systems biology approach to identify transcriptome reprogramming and candidate microRNA targets during the progression of polycystic kidney diseasePriyanka Pandey
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Syst Biol 5:56. 2011..miRNAs are small, regulatory non-coding RNAs, implicated in a wide spectrum of biological processes. Their expression levels are altered in several diseases including kidney cancer, diabetic nephropathy and PKD...
- miR-200 Inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell invasion and metastasis by targeting Flt1/VEGFR1Jonathon D Roybal
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Box 432, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:25-35. 2011..Flt1 knockdown decreased the growth and metastasis of tumor cells in syngeneic mice. We conclude that miR-200 suppresses lung tumorigenesis by targeting Flt1...
- Identification of microRNAs with a role in glucose stimulated insulin secretion by expression profiling of MIN6 cellsErica Hennessy
National Institute of Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:457-62. 2010..In this study, we have also identified 21 miRNAs not previously known to have a potential murine homologue...
- MicroRNA-141 and -200a are involved in bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced mouse pre-osteoblast differentiation by targeting distal-less homeobox 5Tomohiro Itoh
Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, 1 1 Naka fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 0838, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:19272-9. 2009..Thus, we have observed for the first time that miR-141 and -200a are involved in pre-osteoblast differentiation in part by regulating the expression of Dlx5...
- The microRNA-30 family is required for vertebrate hepatobiliary developmentNicholas J Hand
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1081-90. 2009..To address this issue, we characterized miRNA expression in the embryonic mouse liver, performed functional miRNA analysis in zebrafish larvae, and identified novel hepatic miRNA targets...
- The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair folliclesThomas Andl
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Biol 16:1041-9. 2006..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function...