Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Med14
Description: mediator complex subunit 14
Alias: 9930001L01Rik, AU041628, Crsp2, ENSMUSG00000073278, Gm641, ORF1, Trap170, CRSP complex subunit 2, cofactor required for Sp1 transcriptional activation subunit 2 (150 kDa), cofactor required for Sp1 transcriptional activation, subunit 2, mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription subunit 14, thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein complex 170 kDa component
- Detection and cloning of an X-linked locus associated with a NotI site that is not methylated on mouse inactivated X chromosome by the RLGS-M methodS Takada
Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, North 10 West 5 Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0810, Japan
Genomics 61:92-100. 1999..We detected and cloned a candidate locus and identified the Orf1 gene...
- Transcription coactivator TRAP220 is required for PPAR gamma 2-stimulated adipogenesisKai Ge
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 417:563-7. 2002..These data indicate that TRAP220 acts, via the TRAP complex, as a PPAR gamma(2)-selective coactivator and, accordingly, that it is specific for one fibroblast differentiation pathway (adipogenesis) relative to another (myogenesis)...
- Structural and functional organization of TRAP220, the TRAP/mediator subunit that is targeted by nuclear receptorsSohail Malik
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:8244-54. 2004..The implications of these observations are discussed in terms of our present understanding of coactivator function...
- MED14 tethers mediator to the N-terminal domain of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and is required for full transcriptional activity and adipogenesisLars Grøntved
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 30:2155-69. 2010..Using a small interfering RNA (siRNA)-based approach, we identify MED14 as a novel critical Mediator component for PPARgamma-dependent transactivation, and we demonstrate that MED14 ..
- Mediator and cohesin connect gene expression and chromatin architectureMichael H Kagey
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 467:430-5. 2010..Mediator and cohesin co-occupy different promoters in different cells, thus generating cell-type-specific DNA loops linked to the gene expression program of each cell...