Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mad2l1
Description: MAD2 mitotic arrest deficient-like 1
Alias: AA673185, MAD2, mitotic spindle assembly checkpoint protein MAD2A, MAD2 (mitotic arrest deficient, homolog)-like 1, MAD2-like protein 1, mitotic arrest deficient 2-like protein 1
- Chromosome missegregation and apoptosis in mice lacking the mitotic checkpoint protein Mad2M Dobles
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Cell 101:635-45. 2000..To determine the function of the mitotic checkpoint protein Mad2 during normal cell division and when mitosis goes awry, we have knocked out Mad2 in mice. We find that E5...
- Critical role of Pcid2 in B cell survival through the regulation of MAD2 expressionTeruo Nakaya
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Immunol 185:5180-7. 2010..In this study, using real-time RT-PCR and in situ RNA hybridization, we demonstrated that MAD2 mRNA export is selectively regulated by Pcid2/Thp1...
- The spindle assembly checkpoint is not essential for CSF arrest of mouse oocytesChizuko Tsurumi
Max Planck Institut fuer Immunbiologie, Developmental Biology, Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 167:1037-50. 2004..Similar results were obtained using dominant-negative forms of Mad2 and BubR1, as well as checkpoint resistant dominant APC/C activating forms of Cdc20...
- Loss of Cdc20 causes a securin-dependent metaphase arrest in two-cell mouse embryosMin Li
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3481-8. 2007..Interestingly, Cdc20 and securin double mutant embryos could not maintain the metaphase arrest, suggesting a role of securin in preventing mitotic exit...
- Cytoplasmic dynein participates in meiotic checkpoint inactivation in mouse oocytes by transporting cytoplasmic mitotic arrest-deficient (Mad) proteins from kinetochores to spindle polesDong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Reproduction 133:685-95. 2007..meiosis and its relationship with two major spindle checkpoint proteins, mitotic arrest-deficient (Mad) 1 and Mad2. Oocytes at various stages during the first meiosis were fixed and immunostained for dynein, Mad1, Mad2, ..
- Changing Mad2 levels affects chromosome segregation and spindle assembly checkpoint control in female mouse meiosis IThéodora Niault
CNRS UMR7622 Biologie du Développement, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e1165. 2007..Prolonged metaphase arrest due to overexpression of Mad2 has been shown to be deleterious to the ensuing anaphase, leading to the generation of aneuploidies and ..
- Early aging-associated phenotypes in Bub3/Rae1 haploinsufficient miceDarren J Baker
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Biol 172:529-40. 2006..Our findings suggest that early onset of aging-associated phenotypes in mice with mitotic checkpoint gene defects is linked to cellular senescence and activation of the p53 and p16 pathways rather than to aneuploidy...
- Generating chromosome instability through the simultaneous deletion of Mad2 and p53Aurora A Burds
Department of Biology, Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11296-301. 2005..and characterization of blastocysts and two independent mouse embryonic fibroblast lines carrying deletions in Mad2 and p53...
- Metaphase I arrest upon activation of the Mad2-dependent spindle checkpoint in mouse oocytesKatja Wassmann
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire du Developpement, UMR7622, CNRS, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 9 quai Saint Bernard, 75005 Paris, France
Curr Biol 13:1596-608. 2003..On the contrary, the existence of such a checkpoint during the first meiotic division in mammalian oocytes when homologous chromosomes are segregated has remained controversial...
- Simultaneous analysis of chromosomes and chromosome-associated proteins in mammalian oocytes and embryosCraig A Hodges
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Chromosoma 111:165-9. 2002....
- MAD2 haplo-insufficiency causes premature anaphase and chromosome instability in mammalian cellsL S Michel
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 409:355-9. 2001..Here we report that deletion of one MAD2 allele results in a defective mitotic checkpoint in both human cancer cells and murine primary embryonic ..
- Differences in spindle association of the mitotic checkpoint protein Mad2 in mammalian spermatogenesis and oogenesisM Kallio
Turku Center for Biotechnology, BioCity, 5th Floor, Tykistökatu 6B, Turku, FIN 20520, Finland
Dev Biol 225:112-23. 2000We have investigated expression and subcellular localization of the spindle checkpoint protein Mad2 during rat and mouse spermatogenesis and in superovulated mouse oocytes...
- Kif18a is specifically required for mitotic progression during germ line developmentAnne Czechanski
The Jackson Laboratory, Genetic Resource Science, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, United States
Dev Biol 402:253-62. 2015....
- Cytosolic carboxypeptidase CCP6 is required for megakaryopoiesis by modulating Mad2 polyglutamylationBuqing Ye
Key Laboratory of Infection and Immunity of CAS, Center for Laboratory Animal Research, Center for Biological Imaging, Key Laboratory of RNA Biology and Beijing Noncoding RNA Laboratory, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Exp Med 211:2439-54. 2014..We identify Mad2 (mitotic arrest deficient 2) as a novel substrate for CCP6 and not CCP1...
- p31comet-Induced Cell Death Is Mediated by Binding and Inactivation of Mad2Hyun Jin Shin
Division of Radiation Cancer Research, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences, Seoul 139 706, Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0141523. 2015b>Mad2, a key component of the spindle checkpoint, is closely associated with chromosomal instability and poor prognosis in cancer. p31comet is a Mad2-interacting protein that serves as a spindle checkpoint silencer at mitosis...
- Chromosome missegregation rate predicts whether aneuploidy will promote or suppress tumorsAlain D Silk
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E4134-41. 2013..chromosome missegregation in CENP-E(+/-) mice by reducing levels of another mitotic checkpoint component, Mad2, is now shown to result in elevated cell death and decreased tumor formation compared with reduction of either ..
- Genetic instability: tipping the balanceA Janssen
1 Division of Cell Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2 Department of Medical Oncology and Cancer Genomics Center, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Oncogene 32:4459-70. 2013..Here, we review the mechanisms that can cause gross chromosomal aberrations, and discuss how these affect tumor cell viability. ..
- LIN28 cooperates with WNT signaling to drive invasive intestinal and colorectal adenocarcinoma in mice and humansHo Chou Tu
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 29:1074-86. 2015..Our late-stage CRC murine models and analysis of primary human tumors demonstrate prominent roles for both LIN28 paralogs in promoting CRC growth and progression and implicate the LIN28/let-7 pathway as a therapeutic target. ..
- Shugoshin is a Mad1/Cdc20-like interactor of Mad2Michael Orth
Department of Genetics, University of Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany
EMBO J 30:2868-80. 2011..According to the so-called template model, Mad1-Mad2 complexes at unattached kinetochores instruct conformational change of soluble Mad2, thus catalysing Mad2 binding ..
- Heterozygous deletion of mitotic arrest-deficient protein 1 (MAD1) increases the incidence of tumors in miceYoichi Iwanaga
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 67:160-6. 2007..Our results indicate an essential MAD1 function in mouse development and correlate Mad1 haploinsufficiency with increased constitutive tumors...
- A requirement for breast-cancer-associated gene 1 (BRCA1) in the spindle checkpointRui Hong Wang
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17108-13. 2004..cells displayed decreased expression of a number of genes that are involved in the spindle checkpoint, including Mad2, which is a key component of spindle checkpoint that inhibits anaphase-promoting complex...
- Spindle checkpoint deficiency is tolerated by murine epidermal cells but not hair follicle stem cellsFloris Foijer
Mouse Genomics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:2928-33. 2013..Here we describe the use of a conditional KO of mouse Mad2, an essential component of the SAC signaling cascade, as a means to selectively induce chromosome instability and ..
- Aurora-A kinase is essential for bipolar spindle formation and early developmentDale O Cowley
Department of Genetics and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 275991, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:1059-71. 2009..Aurora-A conditional mutant mice provide a valuable system for further defining Aurora-A functions and for predicting effects of Aurora-A therapeutic intervention...
- USP44 regulates centrosome positioning to prevent aneuploidy and suppress tumorigenesisYing Zhang
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 122:4362-74. 2012..These functions required direct binding to the centriole protein centrin. Our data reveal a new role for the ubiquitin system in mitotic spindle regulation and underscore the importance of USP44 in the pathogenesis of human cancer...
- Probing the in vivo function of Mad1:C-Mad2 in the spindle assembly checkpointLuca L Fava
Growth and Development, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 30:3322-36. 2011..The SAC protein Mad2 can fold into two distinct conformers, open (O) and closed (C), and can asymmetrically dimerize...
- Spindle assembly checkpoint regulates mitotic cell cycle progression during preimplantation embryo developmentYanchang Wei
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21557. 2011..overexpression and RNA interference (RNAi) approaches, we analyzed the role of SAC components (Bub3, BubR1 and Mad2) in mouse preimplantation embryos...
- Mad2 is required for optimal hematopoiesis: Mad2 associates with c-Kit in MO7e cellsShigeki Ito
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 109:1923-30. 2007Mitotic arrest deficiency 2 (Mad2) is a component of mitotic spindle checkpoint proteins and is essential for accurate chromosome segregation. We investigated a role for Mad2 in hematopoiesis using Mad2-haploinsufficient (Mad2+/-) mice...
- Growth retardation, polyploidy, and multinucleation induced by Clast3, a novel cell cycle-regulated proteinRumana Bahar
Division of Pathology, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba 260 8717, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:40012-9. 2002..These findings indicate that Clast3 is a novel cell cycle-regulated protein and that its constitutive overexpression induces polyploidy and multinucleation by interfering with the mitotic spindle checkpoint...
- HAT cofactor Trrap regulates the mitotic checkpoint by modulation of Mad1 and Mad2 expressionHai Li
Group of Gene Environment Biology, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, France
EMBO J 23:4824-34. 2004..checkpoint defects are caused by defective Trrap-mediated transcription of the mitotic checkpoint proteins Mad1 and Mad2. The mode of regulation by Trrap involves acetylation of histones H4 and H3 at the gene promoter of these mitotic ..
- The N-terminus of rodent and human MAD1 confers species-specific stringency to spindle assembly checkpointK Haller
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0460, USA
Oncogene 25:2137-47. 2006..Our findings posit MAD1 as a species-specific determinant which influences the stringency of cellular response to microtubule depolymerization and spindle damage...
- The first mitosis of the mouse embryo is prolonged by transitional metaphase arrestMarta Sikora-Polaczek
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Warsaw University, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Biol Reprod 74:734-43. 2006..The end of prometaphase is correlated with checkpoint inactivation and disappearance of MAD2L1 (MAD2) and RSN (CLIP-170) proteins from kinetochores...
- Spindle checkpoint function requires Mad2-dependent Cdc20 binding to the Mad3 homology domain of BubR1James Davenport
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:1831-42. 2006..A second Cdc20 binding site present between residues 1 and 477 is highly specific for Cdc20 already bound to Mad2. Mutation of a conserved lysine in this region weakened Cdc20 binding and correspondingly reduced checkpoint ..
- Mad2 is a critical mediator of the chromosome instability observed upon Rb and p53 pathway inhibitionJuan Manuel Schvartzman
Department of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Cancer Cell 19:701-14. 2011..It was recently shown that Rb pathway inhibition causes overexpression of the mitotic checkpoint gene Mad2, but whether Mad2 overexpression is required to generate CIN in this context is unknown...
- Separase phosphosite mutation leads to genome instability and primordial germ cell depletion during oogenesisJuan Xu
Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e18763. 2011....
- Mad2 haploinsufficiency protects hematopoietic progenitor cells subjected to cell-cycle stress in vivo and to inhibition of redox function of Ape1/Ref-1 in vitroSara L Rohrabaugh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Exp Hematol 39:415-23. 2011Cell-cycle checkpoints guarantee movement through the cell cycle. Mitotic arrest deficiency 2 (Mad2), a mitotic checkpoint protein, appears crucial for generating the wait anaphase signal to prevent onset of anaphase...
- Mad2-induced chromosome instability leads to lung tumour relapse after oncogene withdrawalRocio Sotillo
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nature 464:436-40. 2010..Here we show that induction of chromosome instability by overexpression of the mitotic checkpoint gene Mad2 in mice does not affect the regression of Kras-driven lung tumours when Kras is inhibited...
- Role of Filia, a maternal effect gene, in maintaining euploidy during cleavage-stage mouse embryogenesisPing Zheng
Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7473-8. 2009..Concurrently, Filia is required for the placement of MAD2, an essential component of the SAC, to kinetochores to enable SAC function...
- Spindle assembly checkpoint and p53 deficiencies cooperate for tumorigenesis in miceYa Hui Chi
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 124:1483-9. 2009..SAC in tumor development, mice heterozygously knocked out for the mitotic arrest deficient (Mad) genes Mad1 and/or Mad2 were mated with p53(+/) (-) mice...
- Metaphase I arrest in LT/Sv mouse oocytes involves the spindle assembly checkpointAnna Hupalowska
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Biol Reprod 79:1102-10. 2008..In contrast, there is prolonged localization of SAC proteins BUB1 and MAD2L1 (MAD2) at the metaphase I kinetochores in mutant oocytes compared with the wild-type...
- Hurp deficiency in mice leads to female infertility caused by an implantation defectChing Yen Tsai
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Genome Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 283:26302-6. 2008..Our results demonstrate for the first time that HURP affects endometrial stromal proliferation during implantation but is dispensable during normal development in mice; specifically, HURP has an essential function in uterine biology...
- BRCA1 is required for meiotic spindle assembly and spindle assembly checkpoint activation in mouse oocytesBo Xiong
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 100080 Beijing, China
Biol Reprod 79:718-26. 2008..Also, in BRCA1-depleted oocytes, gamma-tubulin dissociated from spindle poles and MAD2L1 failed to rebind to the kinetochores when exposed to nocodazole at metaphase I stage...
- A B-Myb complex containing clathrin and filamin is required for mitotic spindle functionTomohiro Yamauchi
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Japan
EMBO J 27:1852-62. 2008..Thus, identification of the Myb-Clafi complex reveals a previously unrecognized function of B-Myb that may contribute to its role in chromosome stability, possibly, tumour suppression...
- RNA Interference as a tool to study the function of MAD2 in mouse oocyte meiotic maturationJian Ying Wang
Key Laboratory of Animal Resistance Research, College of Life Science, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, PR China
Mol Reprod Dev 74:116-24. 2007..As a member of spindle checkpoint proteins, MAD2 takes a central role in the regulation of anaphase onset and genome integrity...
- A major quantitative trait locus on chromosome 3 controls colitis severity in IL-10-deficient miceM A Farmer
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13820-5. 2001..A human ortholog of the Chr. 3 QTL, if one exists, would map to Chr. 4q or 1p...