Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ly18
Description: lymphocyte antigen 18
Alias: Ly-18, Ly-m18
- Identification and minisatellite linkage analysis of SMXA recombinant inbred strains of mice by DNA fingerprintingT Sudo
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Faculty of Agriculture, Kobe University, Japan
Exp Anim 44:87-93. 1995..The results suggested that DNA fingerprinting with M13 phage DNA is applicable not only for strain identification but also for genetic monitoring of RI strains on almost all chromosomes...
- Mox-1 and Mox-2 define a novel homeobox gene subfamily and are differentially expressed during early mesodermal patterning in mouse embryosA F Candia
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville TN 37232 2175
Development 116:1123-36. 1992..The expression patterns of these genes suggest regulatory roles for Mox-1 and Mox-2 in the initial anterior-posterior regionalization of vertebrate embryonic mesoderm and, in addition, in somite specification and differentiation...
- A new mouse cell-surface antigen (Ly-m18) defined by a monoclonal antibodyS Kimura
Immunogenetics 13:547-54. 1981..The typing data of two sets of CXB and AKXL recombinant inbred strains indicate that the Ly-m18 gene is linked to the Ltw-2 locus which has not yet been assigned to a chromosome...
- Genetic nomenclature for loci controlling mouse lymphocyte antigensH C Morse
Immunogenetics 25:71-8. 1987
- Esterase-25 (Es-25): identification and characterization of a new kidney arylesterase of the house mouse, genetically linked to Ly-18 on chromosome 12O H von Deimling
Pathologisches Institut, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Biochem Genet 25:639-46. 1987..The high concordance in 48 RI strains of Es-25 with Ly-18 indicated the location of Es-25 on chromosome 12. The gene order Es-25-Ly-18-D12Nyul-Pre-1 was proposed...
- Genetic factors controlling structure and expression of apolipoproteins B and E in miceA J Lusis
J Biol Chem 262:7594-604. 1987..These results clarify the organization and regulation of the genes for apoB and apoE, and they provide information about the naturally occurring polymorphisms affecting their expression...
- The murine Ah locus: a new allele and mapping to chromosome 12A Poland
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Mol Pharmacol 32:471-8. 1987....
- Mitotic recombination is responsible for the loss of heterozygosity in cultured murine cell linesF K Nelson
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Mol Cell Biol 9:1284-8. 1989..Analysis of the genotype of the mutants at the rDNA cluster, located close to the centromere, strongly suggests that the mutants arose by mitotic recombination within this multicopy locus...
- Assignment of a gene encoding ornithine decarboxylase to the proximal region of chromosome 12 in the mouseF G Berger
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208
Biochem Genet 27:745-53. 1989..Linkage of Odc to Apob and Ah is conserved in the mouse and human genomes...
- Genetic heterogeneity of plasma lipoproteins in the mouse: control of low density lipoprotein particle sizes by genetic factorsS Jiao
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
J Lipid Res 31:467-77. 1990..In summary, the genetic control of LDL sizes is more complicated than is the case for HDL; however, the differences in LDL size among these strains of mice may be controlled by a major, as yet unidentified, gene...
- Localization of two mouse genes encoding the protein tyrosine kinase receptor-related protein RYKN M Gough
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Mamm Genome 6:255-6. 1995..However, the Ryk-2/RYK-2 loci on murine Chr 12 and human Chr 17p13.3 define a new region of synteny...