Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lrp8
Description: low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8, apolipoprotein e receptor
Alias: 4932703M08Rik, AA921429, AI848122, ApoER2, Lr8b, low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8, apolipoprotein E receptor 2, low density lipoprotein receptor relative, 8 ligand binding repeats, brain
- Nova2 regulates neuronal migration through an RNA switch in disabled-1 signalingMasato Yano
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuron 66:848-58. 2010..Thus, Nova2 regulates an RNA switch controlling the ability of Dab1 to mediate neuronal responsiveness to reelin signaling and neuronal migration, suggesting new links between splicing regulation, brain disease, and development...
- Apolipoprotein E receptors are required for reelin-induced proteasomal degradation of the neuronal adaptor protein Disabled-1Hans H Bock
Department of Medicine II, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Albertstrasse 23, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:33471-9. 2004..Binding of Reelin to the neuronal apolipoprotein E receptors apoER2 and very low density lipoprotein receptor induces tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1 and the subsequent activation ..
- PCSK9 is not involved in the degradation of LDL receptors and BACE1 in the adult mouse brainMali Liu
Neurology Department, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:2611-8. 2010..membrane-bound proteins in vitro, including the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and the beta-site amyloid precursor protein (APP)-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1), which are all ..
- Essential role of the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 in sperm developmentOlav M Andersen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine and Medical Faculty of the Free University, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:23989-95. 2003The apolipoprotein (apo) E receptor-2 (apoER2) is a member of the low density lipoprotein receptor gene family and an important regulator of neuronal migration...
- Divergent roles of ApoER2 and Vldlr in the migration of cortical neuronsIris Hack
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Development 134:3883-91. 2007Reelin, its lipoprotein receptors [very low density lipoprotein receptor (Vldlr) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2; also known as Lrp8)], and the cytoplasmic adaptor protein disabled 1 (Dab1) are important for the correct formation ..
- Downregulation of functional Reelin receptors in projection neurons implies that primary Reelin action occurs at early/premigratory stagesTakayuki Uchida
Department of Biomedical Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
J Neurosci 29:10653-62. 2009Reelin signaling is essential for correct development of the mammalian brain. Reelin binds to apolipoprotein E receptor 2 and very low-density lipoprotein receptor and induces phosphorylation of Dab1...
- Interaction of reelin signaling and Lis1 in brain developmentAmir H Assadi
Cain Foundation Laboratories and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 35:270-6. 2003..Reln encodes an extracellular protein that regulates layer formation by interacting with VLDLR and ApoER2 (Lrp8) receptors, thereby phosphorylating the Dab1 signaling molecule...
- ApoER2/VLDL receptor and Dab1 in the rostral migratory stream function in postnatal neuronal migration independently of ReelinNuno Andrade
Max F Perutz Laboratories, University Departments at the Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8508-13. 2007..Here we show that ApoER2 and possibly very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and their intracellular adapter protein Dab1 are ..
- Differential functions of ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein receptor in Reelin signaling depend on differential sorting of the receptorsSarah Duit
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohrgasse 9 2, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 285:4896-908. 2010b>ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor transmit the Reelin signal into target cells of the central nervous system...
- Apolipoprotein E receptors mediate neurite outgrowth through activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase in primary neuronsZhihua Qiu
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34948-56. 2004....
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase IDOL induces the degradation of the low density lipoprotein receptor family members VLDLR and ApoER2Cynthia Hong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19720-6. 2010..Here we demonstrate that Idol also targets two closely related LDLR family members, VLDLR and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), proteins implicated in both neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Reelin supplementation enhances cognitive ability, synaptic plasticity, and dendritic spine densityJustin T Rogers
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
Learn Mem 18:558-64. 2011..The present study suggests that an acute elevation of in vivo Reelin can have long-term effects on synaptic function and cognitive ability in wild-type mice...
- Reelin signals through apolipoprotein E receptor 2 and Cdc42 to increase growth cone motility and filopodia formationJost Leemhuis
Center for Neuroscience, Albert Ludwigs University, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:14759-72. 2010..the Rho GTPase Cdc42, known for its role in neuronal morphogenesis and directed migration, in an apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, Disabled-1-, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent manner...
- Reelin signaling is necessary for a specific step in the migration of hindbrain efferent neuronsMireille Rossel
EPHE Quantitative Cell Biology, INSERM EMI 343, IFR 122, University Montpellier 2, 34090 Montpellier, France
Development 132:1175-85. 2005..However, examination of mice lacking both reelin receptors, ApoER2 and VLDLR, did not reveal the same phenotype, suggesting involvement of an additional reelin-binding receptor...
- Regulation of ApoE receptor proteolysis by ligand bindingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:31-9. 2005Two brain receptors for apolipoprotein E (apoE), the apoE receptor 2 (apoEr2) and the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLr), are important in neuronal migration during development...
- Modulation of synaptic plasticity and memory by Reelin involves differential splicing of the lipoprotein receptor Apoer2Uwe Beffert
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Neuron 47:567-79. 2005b>Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2), a member of the LDL receptor gene family, and its ligand Reelin control neuronal migration during brain development...
- F-spondin interaction with the apolipoprotein E receptor ApoEr2 affects processing of amyloid precursor proteinHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:9259-68. 2005..experiments, we demonstrated that F-spondin interacts with an apoE receptor (apoE receptor 2 [ApoEr2]) through the thrombospondin domain of F-spondin and the ligand binding domain of ApoEr2...
- Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 interactions with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3425-31. 2006..present study, we confirmed through co-immunoprecipitation experiments an interaction between the apoE receptor, ApoEr2, and NMDAR1 through their extracellular domains...
- Functional dissection of Reelin signaling by site-directed disruption of Disabled-1 adaptor binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2: distinct roles in development and synaptic plasticityUwe Beffert
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 26:2041-52. 2006..Reelin signals by binding to two transmembrane receptors, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Alternative splicing in the ligand binding domain of mouse ApoE receptor-2 produces receptor variants binding reelin but not alpha 2-macroglobulinC Brandes
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:22160-9. 2001LR7/8B and ApoER2 are recently discovered members of the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor family...
- PCSK9 binds to multiple receptors and can be functionally inhibited by an EGF-A peptideLiXin Shan
Department of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, K 15 1 1945, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:69-73. 2008..In addition to LDLR, we show that PCSK9 also binds directly to ApoER2 and mouse VLDLR...
- Ligand-induced homotypic and heterotypic clustering of apolipoprotein E receptor 2Shailaja D Divekar
From the Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20007 and
J Biol Chem 289:15894-903. 2014ApoE Receptor 2 (ApoER2) and the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) are type I transmembrane proteins belonging to the LDLR family of receptors...
- Reeler/Disabled-like disruption of neuronal migration in knockout mice lacking the VLDL receptor and ApoE receptor 2M Trommsdorff
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9046, USA
Cell 97:689-701. 1999..for two other proteins, cell surface receptors termed very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Reelin is a ligand for lipoprotein receptorsG D'ARCANGELO
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Neuron 24:471-9. 1999..directly to lipoprotein receptors, preferably the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2). Binding requires calcium, and it is inhibited in the presence of apoE...
- Direct binding of Reelin to VLDL receptor and ApoE receptor 2 induces tyrosine phosphorylation of disabled-1 and modulates tau phosphorylationT Hiesberger
Department of Molecular Genetics, UT Southwestern Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Neuron 24:481-9. 1999..two neuronal cell surface proteins, the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apoE receptor 2 (ApoER2) as well as a cytosolic adaptor protein, Disabled-1 (Dab1)...
- The reelin receptor ApoER2 recruits JNK-interacting proteins-1 and -2W Stockinger
The Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 275:25625-32. 2000..components of this signaling pathway characterized to date are cell surface receptors for reelin like apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), and cadherin-related neuronal receptors, and ..
- Thrombospondin-1 binds to ApoER2 and VLDL receptor and functions in postnatal neuronal migrationSophia M Blake
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 27:3069-80. 2008b>Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), and Dab1 are the main components of the Reelin signalling cascade. Reelin is the sole ligand defined so far in signalling through this pathway...
- ApoER2 function in the establishment and maintenance of retinal synaptic connectivityJustin H Trotter
Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
J Neurosci 31:14413-23. 2011..Reelin and apolipoprotein E (apoE), ligands of apoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), are involved in retinal development and degeneration, respectively...
- Rescue of ataxia and preplate splitting by ectopic expression of Reelin in reeler miceSusan Magdaleno
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Neuron 33:573-86. 2002..These results indicate that Reelin does not function simply as a positional signal. Rather, it appears to participate in multiple events critical for neuronal migration and cell positioning...
- Interaction between Reelin and Notch signaling regulates neuronal migration in the cerebral cortexKazue Hashimoto-Torii
Department of Neurobiology, Yale Medical School, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Neuron 60:273-84. 2008..Finally, our in vitro biochemical studies show that Reelin signaling inhibits Notch ICD degradation via Dab1. Together, our results indicate that neuronal migration in the developing cerebral cortex requires a Reelin-Notch interaction...
- Dentate granule cells in reeler mutants and VLDLR and ApoER2 knockout miceAlexander Drakew
Institute of Anatomy, University of Freiburg, Albertstrasse 17, Freiburg, D 79104, Germany
Exp Neurol 176:12-24. 2002..reelin and in mutants lacking the reelin receptors very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Reelin and ApoE receptors cooperate to enhance hippocampal synaptic plasticity and learningEdwin J Weeber
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:39944-52. 2002Two apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptors, the very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor and apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), are also receptors for Reelin, a signaling protein that regulates neuronal migration during brain development...
- Fyn modulation of Dab1 effects on amyloid precursor protein and ApoE receptor 2 processingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6288-99. 2008Dab1 is an intracellular adaptor protein that interacts with amyloid precursor protein (APP) and apoE receptor 2 (apoEr2), increases their levels on the cell surface, and increases their cleavage by alpha-secretases...
- Fyn tyrosine kinase is a critical regulator of disabled-1 during brain developmentLionel Arnaud
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, 98109, Seattle, WA, USA
Curr Biol 13:9-17. 2003..Mutations in Dab1, its phosphorylation sites, Reelin, or the Reelin receptors cause a common phenotype. However, the molecular mechanism whereby Reelin regulates Dab1 tyrosine phosphorylation is poorly understood...
- Reelin activates SRC family tyrosine kinases in neuronsHans H Bock
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 75390, Dallas, TX, USA
Curr Biol 13:18-26. 2003..neurons requires binding to the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2)...
- The proprotein convertase PCSK9 induces the degradation of low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) and its closest family members VLDLR and ApoER2Steve Poirier
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:2363-72. 2008..These include the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) implicated in neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Reelin receptors in developing laminated brain structures of mouse and humanC G Perez-Garcia
Department of Anatomy, University La Laguna, 38071 La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 20:2827-32. 2004..cells for reelin express the cytoplasmic adapter protein Dab1, which binds to the reelin receptors VLDLR and ApoER2. In the present work, we have studied the localization of both receptors in developing mouse and human cortex, ..
- ApoE receptor 2 controls neuronal survival in the adult brainUwe Beffert
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Curr Biol 16:2446-52. 2006..We demonstrate that a differentially spliced isoform of an ApoE receptor, ApoE receptor 2 (Apoer2), is essential for protection against neuronal cell loss during normal aging...
- Neurodegeneration in mice resulting from loss of functional selenoprotein P or its receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2William M Valentine
Department of Pathology, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0252, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:68-77. 2008..of Sepp1, replacement of it by the shortened form Sepp1(Delta240-361), or deletion of its receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2 develop severe neurologic dysfunction when fed low-selenium diet...
- Liver X receptor beta and thyroid hormone receptor alpha in brain cortical layeringXin Jie Tan
Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12305-10. 2010..At E15.5, expression of reelin and VLDLR was similar but expression of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) (the reelin receptor) was much lower in LXRbeta(-/-) than in WT mice...
- The Reelin receptors Apoer2 and Vldlr coordinate the patterning of Purkinje cell topography in the developing mouse cerebellumMatt Larouche
Genes and Development Research Group and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e1653. 2008..extracellular receptors on Purkinje cells-the Very low density lipoprotein receptor (Vldlr) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2)...
- ApoER2 and Reelin are expressed in regenerating peripheral nerve and regulate Schwann cell migration by activating the Rac1 GEF protein, Tiam1Consuelo Pasten
Laboratorio de Tráfico Intracelular y Señalización, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile Millennium Nucleus for Regenerative Biology, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Neurosci 69:1-11. 2015b>ApoER2 and its ligand Reelin participate in neuronal migration during development. Upon receptor binding, Reelin induces the proteolytic processing of ApoER2 as well as the activation of signaling pathway, including small Rho GTPases...
- Apolipoprotein E controls ATP-binding cassette transporters in the ischemic brainAyman ElAli
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Sci Signal 3:ra72. 2010..ApoE signaled through ApoE receptor-2 (ApoER2), which was constitutively expressed on brain microvessels, to decrease c-Jun amino-terminal kinase 1 and 2 and c-..
- Reelin and CXCL12 regulate distinct migratory behaviors during the development of the dopaminergic systemGabriela Oana Bodea
Institute of Reconstructive Neurobiology, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Development 141:661-73. 2014....
- Tbr1 regulates differentiation of the preplate and layer 6R F Hevner
Nina Ireland Laboratory of, Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 29:353-66. 2001..These results show that Tbr1 is a common genetic determinant for the differentiation of early-born glutamatergic neocortical neurons and provide insights into the functions of these neurons as regulators of cortical development...
- APP interacts with LRP4 and agrin to coordinate the development of the neuromuscular junction in miceHong Y Choi
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, United States
elife 2:e00220. 2013..DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00220.001. ..
- Maternal-fetal transfer of selenium in the mouseRaymond F Burk
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
FASEB J 27:3249-56. 2013..Mice with genetic alterations of Sepp1, the Sepp1 receptors apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2) and megalin, and Gpx3 were used to investigate maternal-fetal selenium transfer...
- MESD is essential for apical localization of megalin/LRP2 in the visceral endodermJanet K Lighthouse
Dev Dyn 240:577-88. 2011..Combined, our results provide evidence that MESD functions as a general LRP chaperone and suggest that the Mesd phenotype results from both signaling and endocytic defects resulting from misfolding of multiple LRP receptors...
- Reelin together with ApoER2 regulates interneuron migration in the olfactory bulbSabine Hellwig
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Freiburg Medical School, Freiburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e50646. 2012..Reelin and components of its signaling cascade, the lipoprotein receptors ApoER2 and Vldlr and the intracellular adapter protein Dab1 are pivotal for a correct layer formation during ..
- Up-regulation of ATP binding cassette transporter A1 expression by very low density lipoprotein receptor and apolipoprotein E receptor 2Xinping Chen
Department of Physiology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
J Biol Chem 287:3751-9. 2012Activation of very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) results in either pro- or anti-atherogenic effects depending on the ligand...
- Human neutrophil peptides mediate endothelial-monocyte interaction, foam cell formation, and platelet activationKieran L Quinn
Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2070-9. 2011..Human neutrophil peptides (HNPs) released from activated neutrophils exert immune modulating properties. We hypothesized that HNPs play an important role in neutrophil-mediated inflammatory cardiovascular responses in atherosclerosis...
- Identification of coagulation factor XI as a ligand for platelet apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)Tara C White-Adams
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, 3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1602-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanisms governing interactions between FXI and platelets...
- Stage-specific association of apolipoprotein A-I and E in developing mouse retinaShingo Kurumada
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1815-23. 2007..To characterize the intercellular lipid transport systems in differentiating retina...
- Splicing variations in the ligand-binding domain of ApoER2 results in functional differences in the binding properties to ReelinTerumasa Hibi
Department of Biomedical Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:251-8. 2009Reelin plays critical roles in brain formation by binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Foxp1 and lhx1 coordinate motor neuron migration with axon trajectory choice by gating Reelin signallingElena Palmesino
Neural Circuit Development Laboratory, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
PLoS Biol 8:e1000446. 2010..Together, these observations point to identical transcription factors that control motor axon guidance and soma migration and reveal the molecular hierarchy of myotopic organisation...
- Ephrin Bs are essential components of the Reelin pathway to regulate neuronal migrationAycan Sentürk
Frankfurt Institute for Molecular Life Sciences and Institute of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, D 60438, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Nature 472:356-60. 2011..neurons by binding to two lipoprotein receptors, the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2, also known as LRP8)...
- Disruption of reelin signaling alters mammary gland morphogenesisElvira Khialeeva
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Development 138:767-76. 2011....
- Antiphospholipid antibodies promote leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and thrombosis in mice by antagonizing eNOS via β2GPI and apoER2Sangeetha Ramesh
Division of Pulmonary and Vascular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 121:120-31. 2011..member antagonism with receptor-associated protein (RAP) prevented aPL inhibition of eNOS in cell culture, and ApoER2-/- mice were protected from aPL inhibition of eNOS in vivo...
- Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 is involved in the thrombotic complications in a murine model of the antiphospholipid syndromeZurina Romay-Penabad
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 0883, USA
Blood 117:1408-14. 2011..We investigated the role of Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2') on the pathogenic effects of a patient-derived polyclonal aPL IgG preparation (IgG-APS), a ..
- Role for Reelin-induced cofilin phosphorylation in the assembly of sympathetic preganglionic neurons in the murine intermediolateral columnMarie T Krüger
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Albertstr 17, Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 32:1611-7. 2010..The results extend our previous studies on cortical neurons in which Reelin in the marginal zone was found to stabilize the leading processes of migrating neurons and terminate the migration process...
- Migration, early axonogenesis, and Reelin-dependent layer-forming behavior of early/posterior-born Purkinje cells in the developing mouse lateral cerebellumTakaki Miyata
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Neural Dev 5:23. 2010..Furthermore, it is not known what nascent Purkinje cells look like in vivo. When and how Purkinje cells start axonogenesis must also be elucidated...
- The reelin receptors VLDLR and ApoER2 regulate sensorimotor gating in miceAlasdair M Barr
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Neuropharmacology 52:1114-23. 2007..the involvement of the two receptors for reelin, Very-Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor (VLDLR) and Apolipoprotein E Receptor 2 (ApoER2), on pre-cognitive processes of relevance to deficits seen in schizophrenia...
- Malformation of the radial glial scaffold in the dentate gyrus of reeler mice, scrambler mice, and ApoER2/VLDLR-deficient miceKarl Heinz Weiss
Anatomisches Institut, Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 460:56-65. 2003..of the Reelin signal into the cell, and in mutant mice lacking the Reelin receptors apolipoprotein receptor 2 (ApoER2) and/or the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), known to transmit the Reelin signal via Dab1...
- Localization of ApoER2, VLDLR and Dab1 in radial glia: groundwork for a new model of reelin action during cortical developmentJuan M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, CSIC, Campus de San Juan, E 03550, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 140:195-203. 2003..Here we provide evidence that the reelin receptor machinery, including the lipoprotein receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR along with the cytoplasmic adaptor protein Dab1, is located in radial glia precursors whose processes ..
- Differential binding of ligands to the apolipoprotein E receptor 2Olav M Andersen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 42:9355-64. 2003b>Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) is an important participant in the Reelin signaling pathway that directs cell positioning during embryogenesis...
- High affinity binding of Dab1 to Reelin receptors promotes normal positioning of upper layer cortical plate neuronsTara M Herrick
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 126:121-8. 2004..Dab1 and the Reelin receptors VLDLR and ApoER2 are expressed by neurons whose migrations are coordinated by Reelin...
- Binding of low density lipoprotein to platelet apolipoprotein E receptor 2' results in phosphorylation of p38MAPKSuzanne J A Korporaal
Laboratory for Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Department of Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht and Institute of Biomembranes, University of Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:52526-34. 2004..of co-localization of LDL and a splice variant of the LDL receptor family member apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2') at the platelet surface, suggesting that apoER2' may contribute to LDL-induced platelet signaling...
- The apoE receptor apoER2 is involved in the maintenance of efficient synaptic plasticityCaroline Petit-Turcotte
Douglas Hospital Research Center, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Que, Canada H4H 1R3
Neurobiol Aging 26:195-206. 2005b>ApoER2 is one of the major receptors for ApoE in the brain, and has been shown to be involved not only in lipoprotein endocytosis, as other members of the LDL receptor family of receptors, but also in various cellular functions such as ..
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Reelin, very-low-density lipoprotein receptor, and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 control somatic NMDA receptor composition during hippocampal maturation in vitroMélanie Sinagra
Institut F Magendie des Neurosciences, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Neurosci 25:6127-36. 2005..several receptors, including two members of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor family, the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR)...
- Reelin provides an inhibitory signal in the migration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronsAnna Cariboni
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 132:4709-18. 2005..Only a small (approximately 5%) subpopulation of these neurons expresses one of the reelin receptors (ApoER2/Lrp8), and all GnRH neurons appear to lack the intracellular adaptor protein Dab1, suggesting that the function of ..
- Abnormal positioning of granule cells alters afferent fiber distribution in the mouse fascia dentata: morphologic evidence from reeler, apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, and very low density lipoprotein receptor knockout miceCarl Gebhardt
Department of Clinical Neuroanatomy, J W Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Comp Neurol 445:278-92. 2002..and fiberarchitecture of three mouse mutants (very low density lipoprotein receptor knockout mouse, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 knockout mouse, and reeler mouse) that show different degrees of granule cell migration defects were ..
- Apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) mediates selenium uptake from selenoprotein P by the mouse testisGary E Olson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 282:12290-7. 2007..of a testicular extract followed by mass spectrometry-based identification of bound proteins identified apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) as a candidate testis Sepp1 receptor...
- The Pafah1b complex interacts with the reelin receptor VLDLRGuangcheng Zhang
The Cain Foundation Laboratories, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e252. 2007..through the activation of two receptors, the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), and the phosphorylation of Disabled-1 (Dab1)...
- The human homolog of the JE gene encodes a monocyte secretory proteinB J Rollins
Division of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 9:4687-95. 1989..Thus, human JE encodes yet another member of the large family of JE-related cytokinelike proteins, in this case a novel human monocyte and fibroblast secretory protein...
- Processing of Reelin by embryonic neurons is important for function in tissue but not in dissociated cultured neuronsYves Jossin
Developmental Neurobiology Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Neurosci 27:4243-52. 2007....
- Deletion of apolipoprotein E receptor-2 in mice lowers brain selenium and causes severe neurological dysfunction and death when a low-selenium diet is fedRaymond F Burk
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Neurosci 27:6207-11. 2007..The lipoprotein receptor apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2) binds Sepp1 and facilitates its uptake by Sertoli cells, thus providing selenium for spermatogenesis...
- Altered performance of reelin-receptor ApoER2 deficient mice on spatial tasks using the Barnes mazeAlasdair M Barr
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Behav Neurosci 121:1101-5. 2007The apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), expressed predominantly in forebrain regions including the hippocampus, is 1 of 2 receptors for the extracellular matrix protein reelin, which is critical for cortical development...
- The localization of label-retaining cells in mouse nailsMotonobu Nakamura
J Invest Dermatol 128:728-30. 2008
- Mutant mice with scrambled brains: understanding the signaling pathways that control cell positioning in the CNSD S Rice
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Genes Dev 13:2758-73. 1999
- Megalin mediates selenoprotein P uptake by kidney proximal tubule epithelial cellsGary E Olson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6854-60. 2008..We recently demonstrated that apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) is required for Sepp1 uptake by the testis and that deletion of ApoER2 reduces testis and brain, but not kidney, ..
- Contribution of the Reelin signaling pathways to nociceptive processingAlin L Akopians
Department of Physiological Science, UCLA, Box 951606, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:523-37. 2008..Reelin, a secreted glycoprotein that binds to the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (Vldlr) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer 2), and induces Src- and Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the intracellular adaptor ..
- Deficiency of LRP8 in mice is associated with altered platelet function and prolonged time for in vivo thrombosisJason O Robertson
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Thromb Res 123:644-52. 2009Our group has previously reported genetic studies associating polymorphisms in the low density lipoprotein receptor related protein 8 (LRP8) gene with myocardial infarction...
- Functional consequences of hippocampal neuronal ectopia in the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 knockout mouseKenneth N Fish
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neurobiol Dis 32:391-401. 2008..The ApoER2 knockout mouse has subtle cytoarchitectural disruptions, altered prepulse inhibition, and memory abnormalities...
- The PX-domain protein SNX17 interacts with members of the LDL receptor family and modulates endocytosis of the LDL receptorWalter Stockinger
The Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 21:4259-67. 2002..intracellular domain of some members of the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) family such as LDLR, VLDLR, ApoER2 and LDLR-related protein...
- A secreted soluble form of ApoE receptor 2 acts as a dominant-negative receptor and inhibits Reelin signalingStefanie Koch
The Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 21:5996-6004. 2002..Specialized neurons throughout the developing central nervous system secrete Reelin, which binds to ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), triggering a signal cascade that guides neurons to their ..
- Evolution of the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 gene by exon lossH J Kim
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Aoba, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
J Biochem 124:451-6. 1998The apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) gene consists of a mosaic of exons, which may have been assembled by "exon shuffling...
- Differential glycosylation regulates processing of lipoprotein receptors by gamma-secretasePetra May
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37386-92. 2003..The apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptor-2 (apoER2), another member of the LDL receptor family with functions in cellular signal transmission, also undergoes ..
- Reelin promotes peripheral synapse elimination and maturationCarlo C Quattrocchi
The Cain Foundation Laboratories, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 301:649-53. 2003..junction development requires a function of Reelin that is not mediated by Disabled1 or very-low-density lipoprotein receptors and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 receptors but by a distinct mechanism involving its protease activity.
- Components of the reelin signaling pathway are expressed in the spinal cordYee Ping Yip
Department of Neurobiology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Comp Neurol 470:210-9. 2004..in the brain involves the binding of Reelin to very-low-density lipoprotein receptors (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- DCX, a new mediator of the JNK pathwayAmos Gdalyahu
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
EMBO J 23:823-32. 2004....
- Platelet adhesion to dimeric beta-glycoprotein I under conditions of flow is mediated by at least two receptors: glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'M T T Pennings
Laboratory of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:369-77. 2007..Dimerized beta2GPI binds to apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2') on platelets and increases platelet adhesion to collagen under conditions of flow.
- Differential functions of the Apoer2 intracellular domain in selenium uptake and cell signalingIrene Masiulis
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Biol Chem 390:67-73. 2009b>Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) is a multifunctional transport and signaling receptor that regulates the uptake of selenium into the mouse brain and testis through endocytosis of selenoprotein P (Sepp1)...
- Olfactory bulb interneurons releasing NO exhibit the Reelin receptor ApoEr2 and part of those targeted by NO express ReelinGudrun Herrmann
Department of Anatomy, University of Bern, CH3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Chem Neuroanat 36:160-9. 2008..now studied the distribution of NO sensitive guanylyl cyclase (NOsGC), Reelin and its receptor Apolipoprotein E2 (ApoEr2) in the olfactory bulb by multiple fluorescence labelling and tested whether nNOS and ApoEr2 colocalize in this ..
- Avian and murine LR8B and human apolipoprotein E receptor 2: differentially spliced products from corresponding genesC Brandes
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, Austria
Genomics 42:185-91. 1997..Novak, et al., 1996, J. Biol. Chem. 271: 11732-11736). The human receptor, termed "apolipoprotein E receptor 2," is a seven ligand-binding repeat receptor harboring a unique insertion in the cytoplasmic domain of ..
- NUTRITIONAL AND METABOLIC SIGNIFICANCE OF SELENIUMRaymond Burk; Fiscal Year: 2003..These and other studies are proposed to evaluate the role of Se-P in protecting endothelial cells (and other cells) against oxidant substances in the extracellular space. ..
- Human Se Nutritional Requirement and Biomarkers in Health and DiseaseRaymond F Burk; Fiscal Year: 2010..All these studies are aimed at facilitating efforts to determine the health effects of selenium deficiency and to guide supplementation of the element when that is needed. ..
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2006..3: To determine if eFGL binding to specific sperm ligands promotes sperm death and/or death cocoon polymerization.4: To define the function of eFGL by targeted disruption of the fgl2 gene in mice. ..
- Role of Selenoprotein P in Male FertilityGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Aim 3: To identify and localize Se-P-binding proteins in the testis and epididymis. [unreadable] Aim 4: To determine the molecular basis for sperm defects in Se-P null mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..