Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klk5
Description: kallikrein related-peptidase 5
Alias: 1110030O19Rik, kallikrein-5, kallikrein 5
- Human tissue kallikreins: physiologic roles and applications in cancerCarla A Borgono
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5 Canada
Mol Cancer Res 2:257-80. 2004..Recent data also suggest that hKs may be causally involved in carcinogenesis, particularly in tumor metastasis and invasion, and, thus, may represent attractive drug targets to consider for therapeutic intervention...
- Differences in Kallikrein-related peptidase mRNA sequences and KLK6 enzyme activity between mouse strainsKoichi Murakami
Department of Functional Anatomy and Neuroscience, Asahikawa Medical University, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
Protein Pept Lett 22:204-11. 2014..These results suggest that KLKs may contribute to the genetic basis of the differences between mouse strains. ..
- KLK5 Inactivation Reverses Cutaneous Hallmarks of Netherton SyndromeLaetitia Furio
INSERM UMR 1163, Laboratory of Genetic Skin Diseases, Imagine Institute, Paris, France University Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 11:e1005389. 2015..Spink5⁻/⁻ mice recapitulate the NS phenotype, display enhanced epidermal Klk5 and Klk7 protease activities and die within a few hours after birth because of a severe skin barrier defect...
- KLK5 and KLK7 Ablation Fully Rescues Lethality of Netherton Syndrome-like PhenotypePetr Kaspárek
Laboratory of Transgenic Models of Diseases, Division BIOCEV, Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR, Vestec, Czech Republic
PLoS Genet 13:e1006566. 2017..b>KLK5 was proposed as a major protease in NS pathology, however its inactivation is not sufficient to rescue the lethal ..
- Characterization of mouse tissue kallikrein 5Sanath Rajapakse
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Interactions, Faculty of Advanced Life Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Zoolog Sci 23:963-8. 2006..Mouse tissue kallikrein 5 (Klk5) has long been thought to be one of these functional genes, but the gene product, mK5, has not been ..
- Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney developmentKristopher R Schwab
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Biol 5:15. 2007..To better understand the functions of Pygopus-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in kidney development, targeted mutations were made in the two mammalian orthologs, Pygo1 and Pygo2...
- Nkx6 transcription factors and Ptf1a function as antagonistic lineage determinants in multipotent pancreatic progenitorsAshleigh E Schaffer
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dev Cell 18:1022-9. 2010..Thus, cross-antagonism between Nkx6 and Ptf1a in multipotent progenitors governs the equilibrium between endocrine and acinar cell neogenesis required for normal pancreas development...
- Organization and evolution of the glandular kallikrein locus in Mus musculusA Yvonne Olsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:305-11. 2002..Phylogenetic analyses show that classical GK genes emerged after the separation of the primate and rodent lineages, forming a subgroup within the newly extended GK family...