Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kdr
Description: kinase insert domain protein receptor
Alias: 6130401C07, Flk-1, Flk1, Krd-1, Ly73, VEGFR-2, VEGFR2, sVEGFR-2, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2, VEGF receptor-2, fetal liver kinase 1, kinase NYK, protein-tyrosine kinase receptor flk-1, soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Blocking VEGFR-3 suppresses angiogenic sprouting and vascular network formationTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and the Haartman Institute University of Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Nature 454:656-60. 2008..augmented VEGF-induced angiogenesis and sustained angiogenesis even in the presence of VEGFR-2 (also known as KDR or FLK-1) inhibitors, whereas antibodies against VEGFR-3 and VEGFR-2 in combination resulted in additive inhibition ..
- The sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor S1PR1 restricts sprouting angiogenesis by regulating the interplay between VE-cadherin and VEGFR2Konstantin Gaengel
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Vascular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Cell 23:587-99. 2012..Our data suggest that S1PR1 signaling acts as a vascular-intrinsic stabilization mechanism, protecting developing blood vessels against aberrant angiogenic responses...
- Etv2/ER71 induces vascular mesoderm from Flk1+PDGFRα+ primitive mesodermHiroshi Kataoka
Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan
Blood 118:6975-86. 2011..We propose that Flk-1(+)/PDGFRα(+) primitive mesoderm is committed into Flk-1(+)/PDGFRα(-) vascular mesoderm through Etv2 and that up-regulation of Etv2 by VEGF promotes this commitment...
- The VEGF receptor Flt-1 spatially modulates Flk-1 signaling and blood vessel branchingNicholas C Kappas
Department of Biology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 181:847-58. 2008....
- Expressions of PDGF receptor alpha, c-Kit and Flk1 genes clustering in mouse chromosome 5 define distinct subsets of nascent mesodermal cellsH Kataoka
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 39:729-40. 1997..PDGF receptor alpha (PDGFRalpha), c-Kit and fetal liver kinase 1 (Flk1) are expressed in distinctive mesodermal derivatives of post-gastrulation embryos...
- VEGF signaling through neuropilin 1 guides commissural axon crossing at the optic chiasmLynda Erskine
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Neuron 70:951-65. 2011..These findings have identified a permissive midline signal for axons at the chiasm midline and provide in vivo evidence that VEGF-A is an essential axon guidance cue...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors, flt-1 and flk-1, are expressed in normal pancreatic islets and throughout islet cell tumorigenesisG Christofori
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0534, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1760-70. 1995..While VEGF may also play an important role in the growth of new blood vessels during islet cell tumorigenesis, it cannot be the only factor required for the activation of tumor angiogenesis...
- The Notch ligand Delta-like 4 negatively regulates endothelial tip cell formation and vessel branchingSteven Suchting
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U833, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3225-30. 2007..was not significantly altered in dll4(+/-) retinas, dll4(+/-) vessels showed increased expression of VEGF receptor 2 and decreased expression of VEGF receptor 1 compared with wild-type, suggesting they could be more responsive ..
- Edg-1, the G protein-coupled receptor for sphingosine-1-phosphate, is essential for vascular maturationY Liu
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1821, USA
J Clin Invest 106:951-61. 2000..Our data reveal Edg-1 to be the first G protein-coupled receptor required for blood vessel formation and show that sphingolipid signaling is essential during mammalian development...
- Interleukin-1alpha promotes angiogenesis in vivo via VEGFR-2 pathway by inducing inflammatory cell VEGF synthesis and secretionPetri Salven
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
FASEB J 16:1471-3. 2002..The angiogenic effect of IL-1a was blocked when the mice were treated with VEGF receptor 2 (VEGFR-2) neutralizing antibodies...
- VEGF-A promotes tissue repair-associated lymphatic vessel formation via VEGFR-2 and the alpha1beta1 and alpha2beta1 integrinsYoung Kwon Hong
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
FASEB J 18:1111-3. 2004....
- A mechanosensory complex that mediates the endothelial cell response to fluid shear stressEleni Tzima
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 437:426-31. 2005..directly transmits mechanical force), vascular endothelial cell cadherin (which functions as an adaptor) and VEGFR2 (which activates phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase) comprise a mechanosensory complex...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis by transplantation of induced pluripotent stem cell-derived Flk-1 positive cellsHirohiko Suzuki
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8560, Japan
BMC Cell Biol 11:72. 2010..Here, we investigated whether implantation of fetal liver kinase-1 positive (Flk-1+) cells derived from iPS cells could improve angiogenesis in a mouse hind limb model of ischemia...
- Bone marrow-derived cells serve as proangiogenic macrophages but not endothelial cells in wound healingYuji Okuno
Department of Cell Differentiation, Sakaguchi Laboratory, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 117:5264-72. 2011..Our data show that the proangiogenic effects of macrophages, but not the endothelial differentiation, are the major contribution of BMDCs in wound healing...
- Mechanotransduction, PROX1, and FOXC2 cooperate to control connexin37 and calcineurin during lymphatic-valve formationAmélie Sabine
Division of Experimental Oncology, Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Cell 22:430-45. 2012..Our results also provide molecular insights into the role of endothelial cell identity in the regulation of vascular mechanotransduction...
- Distinct roles of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in the aberrant hematopoiesis associated with elevated levels of VEGFYuhui Huang
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6838, USA
Blood 110:624-31. 2007..Our findings suggest that selective blockade of VEGFR-2 rather than of both receptors may optimally overcome the adverse hematologic consequences of elevated VEGF levels found in malignancy...
- Thrombospondin-1 inhibits VEGF receptor-2 signaling by disrupting its association with CD47Sukhbir Kaur
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38923-32. 2010..We now describe a more potent mechanism by which TSP1 inhibits VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR2) activation through engaging its receptor CD47...
- Nrarp coordinates endothelial Notch and Wnt signaling to control vessel density in angiogenesisLi Kun Phng
Vascular Biology Laboratory, London Research Institute Cancer Research UK, London, UK
Dev Cell 16:70-82. 2009..In vivo, loss of Nrarp, Lef1, or endothelial Ctnnb1 causes vessel regression. We suggest that the balance between Notch and Wnt signaling determines whether to make or break new vessel connections...
- Mechanism for IL-1 beta-mediated neovascularization unmasked by IL-1 beta knock-out miceKatsuya Amano
Department of Medicine II and Cardiovascular Center, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8507, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:469-80. 2004....
- Alphav beta3 integrin limits the contribution of neuropilin-1 to vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesisStephen D Robinson
Adhesion and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Tumour Biology Centre, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary University of London, John Vane Science Centre, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:33966-81. 2009..Previous work has shown that beta3 integrin can regulate negatively VEGFR2 expression...
- Angiopoietin-1 and VEGF in vascular development and angiogenesis in hypoplastic lungsMala R Chinoy
Lung Development Research Program, Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L60-6. 2002..We speculate that extensive remodeling of blood vessels in hypoplastic lungs may occur to compensate for structurally and functionally defective vasculature...
- Inhibition of VEGF receptors significantly impairs mammary cancer growth in C3(1)/Tag transgenic mice through antiangiogenic and non-antiangiogenic mechanismsJung im Huh
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 24:790-800. 2005..VEGF produced by tumor cells stimulates endothelial cell growth through the binding and activation of the KDR/Flk-1 receptor (VEGFR-2) on endothelial cells...
- VEGF-A expression by HSV-1-infected cells drives corneal lymphangiogenesisTodd R Wuest
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Exp Med 207:101-15. 2010..Our results indicate that HSV-1 directly induces vascularization of the cornea through up-regulation of VEGF-A expression...
- Klotho is associated with VEGF receptor-2 and the transient receptor potential canonical-1 Ca2+ channel to maintain endothelial integrityTetsuro Kusaba
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19308-13. 2010..assay using Klotho-fixed agarose, and FRET confocal imaging confirmed that Klotho protein binds directly to VEGF receptor 2 (VEGFR-2) and endothelial, transient-receptor potential canonical Ca(2+) channel 1 (TRPC-1) and strengthens ..
- Acrolein inhalation prevents vascular endothelial growth factor-induced mobilization of Flk-1+/Sca-1+ cells in miceLaura A Wheat
Diabetes and Obesity Center, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1598-606. 2011..Because exposure to these pollutants is associated with an increase in cardiovascular disease risk, we studied the effects of acrolein on Flk-1(+)/Sca-1(+) cells that are involved in vascular repair...
- Regular exercise cures depression-like behavior via VEGF-Flk-1 signaling in chronically stressed miceT Kiuchi
Department of Health and Sports Science, Nippon Medical School, 2 297 2 Kosugi cho, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 211 0063, Japan
Neuroscience 207:208-17. 2012..These findings suggested that the improvement of hippocampal blood vessel and adult neurogenesis via VEGF signaling pathway is necessary for exercise-induced antidepressant effect...
- Identification of Flk-1 target genes in vasculogenesis: Pim-1 is required for endothelial and mural cell differentiation in vitroAlessio Zippo
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Universita degli Studi di Siena, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Blood 103:4536-44. 2004The tyrosine kinase receptor fetal liver kinase 1 (Flk-1) plays a crucial role in vasculogenesis and angiogenesis, but its target genes remain elusive...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 deficiency results in dysregulated erythropoiesis signaling and iron homeostasis in mouse developmentDonghoon Yoon
Hematology Section, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25703-11. 2006..These results identify a novel role for HIF-1 in the regulation of iron homeostasis and reveal unexpected regulatory differences in Epo/EpoR signaling in yolk sac and embryonic erythropoiesis...
- Notch alters VEGF responsiveness in human and murine endothelial cells by direct regulation of VEGFR-3 expressionCarrie J Shawber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3369-82. 2007..These results demonstrate that Notch1 and VEGFR-3 interact genetically, that Notch directly induces VEGFR-3 in blood endothelial cells to regulate vascular development, and that Notch may function in tumor lymphangiogenesis...
- Soluble Flt-1 regulates Flk-1 activation to control hematopoietic and endothelial development in an oxygen-responsive mannerKelly A Purpura
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells 26:2832-42. 2008..Parallel measurements of VEGF and VEGFRs demonstrated that sFlt-1 regulates VEGFR2 (Flk-1) activation in both a developmental-stage-dependent and oxygen-dependent manner...
- Orderly hematopoietic development of induced pluripotent stem cells via Flk-1(+) hemoangiogenic progenitorsAkira Niwa
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Cell Physiol 221:367-77. 2009..This finding highlights the potential use of iPS cells in clinical areas such as regenerative medicine, disease investigation, and drug screening...
- Angiopoietin-1 is essential in mouse vasculature during development and in response to injuryMarie Jeansson
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Invest 121:2278-89. 2011..These findings redefine our understanding of the biological roles of angiopoietin-1: it is dispensable in quiescent vessels but has a powerful ability to modulate the vascular response after injury...
- Identification of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 (Flk-1) promoter/enhancer sequences sufficient for angioblast and endothelial cell-specific transcription in transgenic miceA Kappel
Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany the Zentrum für molekulare Medizin, Koln, Germany
Blood 93:4284-92. 1999..The Flk-1 gene regulatory elements described in this study should allow the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms involved in endothelial cell differentiation and angiogenesis...
- Involvement of Runx1 in the down-regulation of fetal liver kinase-1 expression during transition of endothelial cells to hematopoietic cellsHideyo Hirai
Department of Microbiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Blood 106:1948-55. 2005..These results provide novel insight into the role Runx1 during the development of hematopoietic cell lineages...
- Upregulation of Flk-1 by bFGF via the ERK pathway is essential for VEGF-mediated promotion of neural stem cell proliferationZhifeng Xiao
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center and Cell Biology Department, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Cell Res 17:73-9. 2007..Collectively, this study may provide insight into the mechanisms by which microenvironmental niche signals regulate NSCs...
- Semaphorin3a regulates endothelial cell number and podocyte differentiation during glomerular developmentKimberly J Reidy
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Development 136:3979-89. 2009..Nephrin, WT1 and VEGFR2 were downregulated in Sema3a-overexpressing kidneys...
- Flt-1 haploinsufficiency ameliorates muscular dystrophy phenotype by developmentally increased vasculature in mdx miceMayank Verma
Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:4145-59. 2010..These data suggest that increasing the vasculature in DMD may ameliorate the histological and functional phenotypes associated with this disease...
- CXCR4+/FLK-1+ biomarkers select a cardiopoietic lineage from embryonic stem cellsTimothy J Nelson
Department of Medicine, Marriott Heart Disease Research Program, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Stem Cells 26:1464-73. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- A requirement for Flk1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis and vasculogenesisF Shalaby
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 89:981-90. 1997Mouse embryos lacking the receptor tyrosine kinase, Flk1, die without mature endothelial and hematopoietic cells...
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor-1 (HAI-1) is essential for the integrity of basement membranes in the developing placental labyrinthBin Fan
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Dev Biol 303:222-30. 2007..Our study demonstrates the important role of HAI-1 in maintaining the integrity of basement membrane most likely by regulating extracellular proteolytic activities during placental development...
- The antiangiogenic activity in xenograft models of brivanib, a dual inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 kinasesRajeev S Bhide
Bristol Myers Squibb Research and Development, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:369-78. 2010..These results show that brivanib alaninate is an effective antitumor agent in preclinical models across a range of doses, and that efficacy is accompanied by changes in cellular and vascular activities...
- Enhancement of vascular progenitor potential by protein kinase A through dual induction of Flk-1 and Neuropilin-1Kohei Yamamizu
Laboratory of Stem Cell Differentiation, Stem Cell Research Center, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 114:3707-16. 2009..Previously, we established an embryonic stem cell culture reproducing early vascular development using Flk1 (VEGF receptor-2)+ cells as common progenitors, and demonstrated that cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) ..
- The adaptor protein shb binds to tyrosine 1175 in vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 and regulates VEGF-dependent cellular migrationKristina Holmqvist
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala 75123, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:22267-75. 2004..endothelial growth factor (VEGF) stimulation using porcine aortic endothelial cells expressing the human VEGF receptor 2 (VEGFR-2) (KDR)...
- Anti-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (Flk-1/KDR) antibody suppresses contact hypersensitivityHideaki Watanabe
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 0900, USA
Exp Dermatol 13:671-81. 2004..Our findings suggest that DC101 could function by reducing inflammatory cell migration and hence IFN-gamma expression during the CHS response...
- Production of VEGF receptor 1 and 2 mRNA and protein during endochondral bone repair is differential and healing phase specificMarie K Reumann
Bone Cell Biology and Imaging Laboratory, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 109:1930-8. 2010..We characterized the expression of two receptors that are essential for mediating VEGF signaling, VEGFR1/Flt-1 and VEGFR2/Flk-1/KDR, in a mouse rib fracture model...
- VEGF receptor-2 (Flk-1) overexpression in mice counteracts focal epileptic seizuresLitsa Nikitidou
Experimental Epilepsy Group, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC A 11, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e40535. 2012..Thus, Flk-1 could be considered as a novel target for developing future gene therapy strategies against ictal epileptic activity...
- MesP1 is expressed in the heart precursor cells and required for the formation of a single heart tubeY Saga
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Division, National Institute of Health Sciences, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158, Japan
Development 126:3437-47. 1999..These results strongly suggest that MesP1 is expressed in the heart tube precursor cells and is required for mesodermal cells to depart from the primitive streak and to generate a single heart tube...
- Function of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt-1 and Flk-1/KDR in the alloimmune response in vivoMasayuki Sho
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Transplantation 80:717-22. 2005..VEGF binds two major VEGF receptors: VEGFR-1 (flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (flk-1/KDR)...
- Microenvironment drives the endothelial or neural fate of differentiating embryonic stem cells coexpressing neuropilin-1 and Flk-1Anna Gualandris
Department of Oncological Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin School of Medicine, 10060, Candiolo TO, Italy
FASEB J 23:68-78. 2009..nonclonal cell population expressing the two vascular endothelial growth factor receptors neuropilin-1 (Nrp1) and Flk1 that differentiates in vitro toward endothelial or neural phenotypes depending on microenvironmental cues...
- Increased expression of HIF-1alpha, VEGF-A and its receptors, MMP-2, TIMP-1, and ADAMTS-1 at the venous stenosis of arteriovenous fistula in a mouse model with renal insufficiencySanjay Misra
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Alfred 6460, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:1255-61. 2010....
- Notch, IL-1 and leptin crosstalk outcome (NILCO) is critical for leptin-induced proliferation, migration and VEGF/VEGFR-2 expression in breast cancerShanchun Guo
Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21467. 2011..Targeting NILCO might help to design new pharmacological strategies aimed at controlling breast cancer growth and angiogenesis...
- ER71 specifies Flk-1+ hemangiogenic mesoderm by inhibiting cardiac mesoderm and Wnt signalingFang Liu
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 119:3295-305. 2012..We provide the molecular basis for the antagonistic relationship between hemangiogenic and cardiogenic mesoderm specification by ER71 and Wnt signaling...
- Spatiotemporal expression of flk-1 in pulmonary epithelial cells during lung developmentKatrin Ahlbrecht
University of Giessen Lung Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:163-70. 2008..Investigations on transgenic mouse strains, containing either a complete or incomplete flk-1 promoter driving expression of the lacZ reporter gene, suggested differential flk-1 regulation in endothelial and epithelial cells...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 regulates postnatal angiogenesis through inhibition of the excessive activation of AktJun ichiro Nishi
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Circ Res 103:261-8. 2008..These results suggest that VEGFR-1 plays a critical role in the maintenance of endothelial integrity by modulating the VEGF/Akt signaling pathway...
- Cardiovascular and hematopoietic defects associated with Notch1 activation in embryonic Tie2-expressing populationsDeepak A Venkatesh
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Circ Res 103:423-31. 2008..of CD71(+)/Ter119(+) populations with an active N1ICD(+) allele and a corresponding increase in c-Kit(+)/CD71 and Flk1(+) populations, suggesting a developmental block during the transition between c-Kit- and Ter119-expressing ..
- Distinct roles of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1- and receptor-2-mediated signaling in T cell priming and Th17 polarization to lipopolysaccharide-containing allergens in the lungYou Sun Kim
Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Republic of Korea
J Immunol 185:5648-55. 2010..Pharmacological intervention with a VEGFR-2-neutralizing Ab (anti-Flk1 mAb) abolished the production of IL-6 (but not IL-12p70) and the subsequent development of allergen-specific Th17 ..
- Cloning and functional analysis of the promoter for KDR/flk-1, a receptor for vascular endothelial growth factorC Patterson
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 270:23111-8. 1995b>KDR/flk-1 is one of two receptors for vascular endothelial growth factor, a potent angiogenic peptide. KDR/flk-1 is an early marker for endothelial cell progenitors, and its expression is restricted to endothelial cells in vivo...
- Mice overexpressing placenta growth factor exhibit increased vascularization and vessel permeabilityTeresa Odorisio
Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Biology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, 00167 Rome, Italy
J Cell Sci 115:2559-67. 2002..The analysis of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1/flt-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2/flk-1 indicates that the two receptors are induced in the skin endothelium of transgenic mice ..
- Haemangioblast commitment is initiated in the primitive streak of the mouse embryoTara L Huber
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City, New York 10029, USA
Nature 432:625-30. 2004..is a subpopulation of mesoderm that co-expresses brachyury (also known as T) and Flk-1 (also known as Kdr)...
- Defective haematopoiesis and vasculogenesis in transforming growth factor-beta 1 knock out miceM C Dickson
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Glasgow, Duncan Guthrie Institute, Yorkhill, UK
Development 121:1845-54. 1995....
- Increased expression of KDR/Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) in murine model of ischemia-induced retinal neovascularizationK Suzuma
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, 606, Japan
Microvasc Res 56:183-91. 1998..Accordingly, we studied the regulation of Flt-1 (VEGFR-1) and KDR/Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) expression in a mouse model of ischemia-induced retinal neovascularization...
- Tubedown-1, a novel acetyltransferase associated with blood vessel developmentR L Gendron
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Dev Dyn 218:300-15. 2000..The distribution and regulation of expression of tbdn-1 suggest that this novel acetyltransferase may be involved in regulating vascular and hematopoietic development and physiologic angiogenesis...
- Fli-1 is required for murine vascular and megakaryocytic development and is hemizygously deleted in patients with thrombocytopeniaA Hart
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Immunity 13:167-77. 2000..We map the megakaryocytic defects in 14 Jacobsen patients to a minimal region on 11q that includes the Fli-1 gene and suggest that dysmegakaryopoiesis in these patients may be caused by hemizygous loss of Fli-1...
- Role of SCL/Tal-1, GATA, and ets transcription factor binding sites for the regulation of flk-1 expression during murine vascular developmentA Kappel
Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Blood 96:3078-85. 2000....
- Vascular patterning defects associated with expression of activated Notch4 in embryonic endotheliumH Uyttendaele
Department of Pathology and Obstetrics Gynecology, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5643-8. 2001..of the mouse by expressing an activated form of the Notch4 protein in vasculature under the regulation of the Flk1 (VEGFR) locus...
- The type 2 vascular endothelial growth factor receptor recruits insulin receptor substrate-1 in its signalling pathwayDuraisamy Senthil
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Biochem J 368:49-56. 2002..This association may account for some of the increase in VEGF-induced PI 3-kinase activity, and the increase in de novo protein synthesis seen in renal epithelial cells...
- Cortical and retinal defects caused by dosage-dependent reductions in VEGF-A paracrine signalingJody J Haigh
Mount Sinai Hospital, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
Dev Biol 262:225-41. 2003..and autocrine role of VEGF-A on the neural population, we conditionally inactivated the main VEGF-A receptor, Flk1, specifically in neuronal lineages, by using the Nestin Cre transgene...
- Soluble VEGF isoforms are essential for establishing epiphyseal vascularization and regulating chondrocyte development and survivalChrista Maes
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 113:188-99. 2004..These findings indicate that the insoluble VEGF(188) isoform is insufficient for establishing epiphyseal vascularization and regulating cartilage development during endochondral bone formation...
- Heparan sulfate in trans potentiates VEGFR-mediated angiogenesisLars Jakobsson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjoldsv 20, SE 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Dev Cell 10:625-34. 2006..We propose that transactivation of tyrosine kinase receptors by HSPGs constitutes a mechanism for crosstalk between adjacent cells...
- Anti-PlGF inhibits growth of VEGF(R)-inhibitor-resistant tumors without affecting healthy vesselsChristian Fischer
Department for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, VIB, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 131:463-75. 2007..The efficacy and safety of alphaPlGF, its pleiotropic and complementary mechanism to VEGF(R)Is, and the negligible induction of an angiogenic rescue program suggest that alphaPlGF may constitute a novel approach for cancer treatment...
- Lineage specification of Flk-1+ progenitors is associated with divergent Sox7 expression in cardiopoiesisTimothy J Nelson
Marriott Heart Disease Research Program, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Differentiation 77:248-55. 2009..At gastrulation, the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor, Flk-1 (KDR), identifies a mesoderm-restricted potential of embryonic stem cells...
- Vascularization of the mouse embryo: a study of flk-1, tek, tie, and vascular endothelial growth factor expression during developmentD J Dumont
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 203:80-92. 1995..These results suggest a possible dual role for VEGF which includes a chemotactic and/or a cellular maintenance role for VEGF during vascularization of the mouse embryo...
- High affinity VEGF binding and developmental expression suggest Flk-1 as a major regulator of vasculogenesis and angiogenesisB Millauer
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 72:835-46. 1993....
- Molecular cloning and expression of murine vascular endothelial-cadherin in early stage development of cardiovascular systemG Breier
Max Planck Institut fur Physiologische und Klinische Forschung, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Blood 87:630-41. 1996..This distinguishes this molecule from other cadherins and suggests that its expression is associated with the early assembly of vascular structures...
- Coordinate expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (flt-1) and its ligand suggests a paracrine regulation of murine vascular developmentG Breier
Max Planck Institut fur Physiologische und Klinische Forschung, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Dev Dyn 204:228-39. 1995..analysis, was 114 pM, demonstrating that VEGFR1/flt-1 has a higher affinity to VEGF than VEGF receptor-2/flk-1 (VEGFR2/flk-1)...
- Abnormal blood vessel development and lethality in embryos lacking a single VEGF alleleP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Nature 380:435-9. 1996....
- TIE1 and TIE2 receptor tyrosine kinases inversely regulate embryonic angiogenesis by the mechanism of intussusceptive microvascular growthS Patan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, 02114, USA
Microvasc Res 56:1-21. 1998..Angiopoietin-1, a ligand that activates the TIE2 receptor, is expressed in mesenchymal cells surrounding the endothelium. This local relationship is indicative of a paracrine regulation...
- Growth factors acting via endothelial cell-specific receptor tyrosine kinases: VEGFs, angiopoietins, and ephrins in vascular developmentN W Gale
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591 6707, USA
Genes Dev 13:1055-66. 1999
- Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesisP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 98:147-57. 1999..Thus, VE-cadherin/ beta-catenin signaling controls endothelial survival...
- Multiple developmental roles of VEGF suggested by a LacZ-tagged alleleL Miquerol
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, M5G1X5, Canada
Dev Biol 212:307-22. 1999..We believe that the LacZ-tagged allele we have generated offers a precise means of detecting VEGF expression under a variety of physiological and pathological conditions...
- Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in miceL T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA
Genes Dev 14:1343-52. 2000....
- Arteriovenous malformations in mice lacking activin receptor-like kinase-1L D Urness
Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Nat Genet 26:328-31. 2000..The early loss of anatomical, molecular and functional distinctions between arteries and veins indicates that Acvrl1 is required for developing distinct arterial and venous vascular beds...
- Induction of pancreatic differentiation by signals from blood vesselsE Lammert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 294:564-7. 2001..These results indicate that vessels not only provide metabolic sustenance, but also provide inductive signals for organ development...
- Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vesselsN Villa
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mech Dev 108:161-4. 2001..These findings identify an aspect of Notch signaling that could contribute to the mechanism by which this pathway modulates vascular morphogenesis...
- c-Myc is essential for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis during development and tumor progressionTroy A Baudino
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Genes Dev 16:2530-43. 2002..These findings support the model wherein c-Myc promotes cell growth and transformation, as well as vascular and hematopoietic development, by functioning as a master regulator of angiogenic factors...
- VEGFR-2-specific ligand VEGF-E induces non-edematous hyper-vascularization in miceAtsushi Kiba
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:371-7. 2003..VEGF-A binds and activates two receptors, VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/Flk-1)...
- Combinatorial effects of Flk1 and Tal1 on vascular and hematopoietic development in the mouseMasatsugu Ema
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X5
Genes Dev 17:380-93. 2003Mouse embryos mutant for the VEGF receptor, VEGFR2, Flk-1, or Kdr, fail to form both endothelial and hematopoietic cells, suggesting a possible role in a common progenitor to both lineages...
- Evidence for novel fate of Flk1+ progenitor: contribution to muscle lineageToshiyuki Motoike
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 8573, USA
Genesis 35:153-9. 2003b>Flk1 is one of the specific cell surface receptors for vascular endothelial growth factor and one of the most specific markers highlighting the earliest stage of hematopoietic and vascular lineages...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flt-1 (VEGFR-1) modulates Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) signaling during blood vessel formationDavid M Roberts
Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1531-5. 2004....
- Dosage-sensitive requirement for mouse Dll4 in artery developmentAntonio Duarte
CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, 1300 0 477 Lisboa, Portugal
Genes Dev 18:2474-8. 2004..This implicates Dll4 as the specific mammalian endothelial ligand for autocrine endothelial Notch signaling, and suggests that Dll4 may be a suitable target for intervention in arterial angiogenesis...
- Inhibition of ocular angiogenesis by siRNA targeting vascular endothelial growth factor pathway genes: therapeutic strategy for herpetic stromal keratitisBumseok Kim
Comparative and Experimental Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 0845, USA
Am J Pathol 165:2177-85. 2004..siRNAs targeting either VEGFA, VEGFR1, VEGFR2, or a mix of the three were shown to significantly inhibit neovascularization induced by CpG when given locally or ..
- Membrane fixation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 ligand-binding domain is important for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in miceSachie Hiratsuka
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:346-54. 2005..growth factor (VEGF) regulates vasculogenesis and angiogenesis by using two tyrosine kinase receptors, VEGFR1 and VEGFR2. VEGFR1 null mutant mice die on embryonic day 8.5 (E8.5) to E9...
- Differential roles of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in dendritic cell differentiationMikhail M Dikov
Vanderbilt University, 2200 Pierce Avenue, 648 PB, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Immunol 174:215-22. 2005..A major role for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors, VEGFR1/Flt-1 and VEGFR2/KDR/Flk-1, has been documented in hemopoietic development...
- Primitive erythropoiesis from mesodermal precursors expressing VE-cadherin, PECAM-1, Tie2, endoglin, and CD34 in the mouse embryoMasatsugu Ema
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
Blood 108:4018-24. 2006..75). Immunohistochemical analysis shows that EC marker-positive cells arise in a subset of Flk1 (VEGF-R2) mesodermal cells...
- Distinct vascular endothelial growth factor signals for lymphatic vessel enlargement and sproutingMaria Wirzenius
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Exp Med 204:1431-40. 2007..Our data suggests that VEGFR-2 signals promote lymphatic vessel enlargement, but unlike in the blood vessels, are not involved in vessel sprouting to generate new lymphatic vessels in vivo...
- Developmental coronary maturation is disturbed by aberrant cardiac vascular endothelial growth factor expression and Notch signallingNynke M S Van Den Akker
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Center, Einthovenweg 20, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 78:366-75. 2008..Knowledge regarding the role of the VEGF/Notch/ephrinB2 cascade in (ab)normal coronary development will provide information on the subtle balance of VEGF signalling in coronary maturation and might enhance our therapeutic possibilities...
- Retinal vascular permeability suppression by topical application of a novel VEGFR2/Src kinase inhibitor in mice and rabbitsLea Scheppke
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2337-46. 2008..administration of VEGF in mice was abolished by systemic or topical delivery of what we believe is a novel VEGFR2/Src kinase inhibitor; this was confirmed in rabbits...
- Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryosAlexandre Trindade
Centro de Informatica do Instituto Superior de Agronomia CIISA, Lisbon Technical University, Lisbon, Portugal
Blood 112:1720-9. 2008..These results establish the role of Dll4 in arterial identity determination, and regulation of angiogenesis subject to dose and location...
- Neuropilin-1-VEGFR-2 complexing requires the PDZ-binding domain of neuropilin-1Claudia Prahst
Joint Research Division Vascular Biology of the Medical Faculty Mannheim CBTM, University of Heidelberg
J Biol Chem 283:25110-4. 2008..Taken together, the experiments have identified a novel mechanism of NP-1 interaction with VEGFR-2, which involves the cytoplasmic domain of NP-1...
- Engraftment and reconstitution of hematopoiesis is dependent on VEGFR2-mediated regeneration of sinusoidal endothelial cellsAndrea T Hooper
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell Stem Cell 4:263-74. 2009..Within the BM, VEGFR2 expression specifically demarcated a continuous network of arterioles and SECs, with arterioles uniquely ..
- Endocardial cells are a distinct endothelial lineage derived from Flk1+ multipotent cardiovascular progenitorsAndrew M Misfeldt
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 333:78-89. 2009..Furthermore, a population of Flk1+ cardiovascular progenitors, distinct from hemangioblast precursors, represents a mesodermal precursor of the ..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN GAMMA AND BETA GLOBIN GENESJoyce Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will predict the proteins involved in early beta-globin gene suppression. ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF EARLY EVENTS IN BLOOD VESSEL FORMChristopher Drake; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Key Processes in Oocyte BiologyMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..Compromised fertility in knockout models lacking these oocyte-specific genes would demonstrate that these proteins are potential contraceptive targets and possibly mutated in infertile women. ..
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Defining the Mammalian Intercellular Bridge InteractomeMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed Specific Aims will also help us to develop additional high throughput screening assays for the identification of small molecule disruptors of the intercellular bridge. ..
- Role of KLF2 in erythropoiesis and globin expressionJoyce A Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long-term goal is to use KLF2 in strategies to increase embryonic/fetal beta-globin, to treat patients with beta-hemoglobinopathies. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- VASCULOGENESIS IN THE MURINE ALLANTOISKAREN DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, results of our experiments will shed light on the mechanism of formation of the endothelial cell lineage. ..
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR IN LUNG ISCHEMIAPatrice Becker; Fiscal Year: 2002..kinase receptors, fms-like tyrosine kinase (flt-1) and kinase insert domain-containing receptor/fetal liver kinase (KDR/flk-1), though it is not known if these receptors mediate its permeability-enhancing effects...
- LASER SCANNING CONFOCAL MICROSCOPERobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful funding of this application will fill a clear need for expansion of confocal microscopy facilities on the GUMC campus and will allow for an increase in the quality and quantity of results derived from NIH funded research. ..
- REGULATION OF EMBRYONIC ANGIOGENESIS BY SMAD PROTEINSRobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will use a combination of genetic, cell biological and biochemical techniques to define the signaling pathways that are mediated by Smad1 and Smad5 during embryonic angiogenesis. ..
- FN FAK SIGNALING AXIS AND TUMORIGENESISDusko Ilic; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Histone Methyltransferases and TGF-beta SignalingRobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide the foundation into further analysis of the mechanism of Suv-Smad interaction in transcriptional silencing. ..
- Cyclic Follicle Function and AngiogenesisRalf Zimmermann; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in Hematopoiesis in CancerMikhail Dikov; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neuropilin-1 and VEGF-mediated pulmonary edemaPatrice Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Neuropilin-1 (Npn-1) is an endothelial cell surface receptor that binds VEGF, and can modulate VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR2) signaling in vitro...