Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnk9
Description: potassium channel, subfamily K, member 9
Alias: Task3, potassium channel subfamily K member 9, TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel 3, acid-sensitive potassium channel protein TASK-3
- TASK-3 two-pore domain potassium channels enable sustained high-frequency firing in cerebellar granule neuronsStephen G Brickley
Biophysics Group, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:9329-40. 2007....
- Motoneuronal TASK channels contribute to immobilizing effects of inhalational general anestheticsRoman M Lazarenko
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0735, USA
J Neurosci 30:7691-704. 2010....
- KCNK5 channels mostly expressed in cochlear outer sulcus cells are indispensable for hearingYves Cazals
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Intégratives et Adaptatives UMR7260, Fédération de Recherche 3C Cerveau, Comportement, Cognition, Aix Marseille Université and CNRS, Marseille 13331, France
Nat Commun 6:8780. 2015..Thus, KCNK5 channels are indispensable for the maintenance of hearing. Among several plausible mechanisms, we emphasize their role in K(+) recycling along the outer sulcus lateral route. ..
- Differential phospholipase C-dependent modulation of TASK and TREK two-pore domain K+ channels in rat thalamocortical relay neuronsPawan Bista
Institut fur Physiologie I, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Robert Koch Straße 27a, D 48149, Munster, Germany
J Physiol 593:127-44. 2015..These results demonstrate a differential role of PIP2 and DAG in K2P channel modulation in native neurons which allows a fine-tuned inhibition of TREK (via PIP2 depletion) and TASK (via DAG) channels following MAChR stimulation...
- Neurotensinergic Excitation of Dentate Gyrus Granule Cells via Gαq-Coupled Inhibition of TASK-3 ChannelsHaopeng Zhang
Department of Basic Sciences, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Cereb Cortex 26:977-90. 2016..Our results provide a cellular mechanism that helps to explain the roles of NT in learning and memory. ..
- Pancreatic β-cell-specific ablation of TASK-1 channels augments glucose-stimulated calcium entry and insulin secretion, improving glucose tolerancePrasanna K Dadi
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Endocrinology 155:3757-68. 2014..These results reveal a glucose-dependent role for β-cell TASK-1 channels of limiting glucose-stimulated Δψp depolarization and insulin secretion, which modulates glucose homeostasis...
- TASK-3 knockout mice exhibit exaggerated nocturnal activity, impairments in cognitive functions, and reduced sensitivity to inhalation anestheticsAnni Maija Linden
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, POB 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:924-34. 2007..Overall, our results suggest important contributions of TASK-3 channels in the neuronal circuits regulating circadian rhythms, cognitive functions, and mediating specific pharmacological effects...
- Oxygen and mitochondrial inhibitors modulate both monomeric and heteromeric TASK-1 and TASK-3 channels in mouse carotid body type-1 cellsPhilip J Turner
K J Buckler Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
J Physiol 591:5977-98. 2013..study, we sought to confirm the identity of these channels through germline ablation of Task-1 (Kcnk3) and Task-3 (Kcnk9) in mice...
- Separate gating mechanisms mediate the regulation of K2P potassium channel TASK-2 by intra- and extracellular pHMaria Isabel Niemeyer
Centro de Estudios Cientificos, Valdivia 5110566, Chile
J Biol Chem 285:16467-75. 2010..We conclude that intracellular pH, together with pH(o), is a critical determinant of TASK-2 activity and therefore of its physiological function...
- An unexpected role for TASK-3 potassium channels in network oscillations with implications for sleep mechanisms and anesthetic actionDaniel S J Pang
Biophysics Section, Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17546-51. 2009..These results imply a previously unexpected role for TASK-3 channels in the cellular mechanisms underlying these behaviors and suggest that endogenous modulators of these channels may regulate theta oscillations...
- Dysfunction of KCNK potassium channels impairs neuronal migration in the developing mouse cerebral cortexYuki Bando
Department of Biophysics, Kyoto University Graduate School of Science, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Cereb Cortex 24:1017-29. 2014..are critical determinants of neuronal excitability in the mature cerebral cortex, and a member of the KCNK family, KCNK9, is responsible for a maternally transmitted mental retardation syndrome...
- Kv1.1 channels act as mechanical brake in the senses of touch and painJizhe Hao
Aix Marseille Universite, CNRS, Centre de Recherche en Neurobiologie et Neurophysiologie de Marseille, UMR 7286, CS80011, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13344 Marseille Cedex 15, France
Neuron 77:899-914. 2013..By balancing the activity of excitatory mechanotransducers, Kv1.1 acts as a mechanosensitive brake that regulates mechanical sensitivity of fibers associated with mechanical perception...
- A new TASK for Dipeptidyl Peptidase-like Protein 6Brian M Nadin
Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60831. 2013....
- Severe hyperaldosteronism in neonatal Task3 potassium channel knockout mice is associated with activation of the intraadrenal renin-angiotensin systemSascha Bandulik
Department of Medical Cell Biology, University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Endocrinology 154:2712-22. 2013b>Task3 K(+) channels are highly expressed in the adrenal cortex and contribute to the angiotensin II and K(+) sensitivity of aldosterone-producing glomerulosa cells...
- An extracellular ion pathway plays a central role in the cooperative gating of a K(2P) K+ channel by extracellular pHWendy Gonzalez
Centro de Estudios Cientificos CECS, 5110466 Valdivia, Chile
J Biol Chem 288:5984-91. 2013..Cooperativity, and therefore steep dependence of TASK-3 K(+) channel activity on extracellular pH, is dependent on an effect of the permeant ion on the channel pH(o) sensors...
- Contractile and electrophysiological properties of pulmonary artery smooth muscle are not altered in TASK-1 knockout miceBoris Manoury
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Physiol 589:3231-46. 2011..The Em was, however, depolarised in comparison with other species.Mouse IKN was much smaller than in rat and showed no sensitivity to pH. The results imply that TASK-1 does not form a functional channel in mouse PASMCs...
- Task3 potassium channel gene invalidation causes low renin and salt-sensitive arterial hypertensionDavid Penton
University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Endocrinology 153:4740-8. 2012Task1 and Task3 potassium channels (Task: tandem of P domains in a weak inward rectifying K(+) channel-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel) are believed to control the membrane voltage of aldosterone-producing adrenal glomerulosa cells...
- Voltage-gated potassium channel EAG2 controls mitotic entry and tumor growth in medulloblastoma via regulating cell volume dynamicsXi Huang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Genes Dev 26:1780-96. 2012....
- Patterned expression of ion channel genes in mouse dorsal raphe nucleus determined with the Allen Mouse Brain AtlasJ Scott Templin
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Brain Res 1457:1-12. 2012..The identified genes likely contribute to unique excitable properties of different groups of neurons in the DR and may include novel pharmacologic targets for affective disorders...
- TASK-3 channel deletion in mice recapitulates low-renin essential hypertensionNick A Guagliardo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Hypertension 59:999-1005. 2012..Our studies establish a model of LREH and suggest that loss of TASK channel activity may be one mechanism that advances the syndrome of low renin hypertension...
- K(+) efflux through two-pore domain K(+) channels is required for mouse embryonic developmentChang Gi Hur
Department of Physiology, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, 90 Chilam, Jinju 660 751, South Korea
Reproduction 143:625-36. 2012..05). RT-PCR data showed that members of the K(2P) channel family, specifically KCNK2, KCNK10, KCNK4, KCNK3, and KCNK9, were expressed in mouse oocytes and embryos...
- A role for TASK-1 (KCNK3) channels in the chemosensory control of breathingStefan Trapp
Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Imperial College London, London SW109NH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8844-50. 2008..TASK-1 channels therefore play a key role in the control of ventilation by peripheral chemoreceptors...
- TASK-3 as a potential antidepressant targetAnthony L Gotter
Department of Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Brain Res 1416:69-79. 2011Modulation of TASK-3 (Kcnk9) potassium channels affect neurotransmitter release in thalamocortical centers and other sleep-related nuclei having the capacity to regulate arousal cycles and REM sleep changes associated with mood disorders ..
- Volume regulation of murine T lymphocytes relies on voltage-dependent and two-pore domain potassium channelsNicole Bobak
University of Muenster, Department of neurology Inflammatory disorders of the nervous system and neurooncology, Domagkstr, 13, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:2036-44. 2011..This study explores a putative role of the newly identified K(2P) channels (TASK1, TASK2, TASK3 and TRESK) along with the voltage-gated potassium channel K(V)1...
- Zinc and mercuric ions distinguish TRESK from the other two-pore-domain K+ channelsGábor Czirják
Department of Physiology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, H 1444
Mol Pharmacol 69:1024-32. 2006..Thus, both Zn2+ and Hg2+ are expected to inhibit endogenous TRESK in isolated mouse cells, and these ions can be applied to identify the calcineurin-activated 2PK+ channel in its natural environment...
- TASK channels are not required to mount an aldosterone secretory response to metabolic acidosis in miceNick A Guagliardo
University of Virginia, Department of Pharmacology, 1340 Jefferson Park Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 336:47-52. 2011..Thus, we conclude that TASK channels are not required for the stimulation of aldosterone production by protons but their inhibition by physiological acidosis may contribute to full expression of the steroidogenic response...
- Expression of the kcnk3 potassium channel gene lessens the injury from cerebral ischemia, most likely by a general influence on blood pressureS Muhammad
Department of Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neuroscience 167:758-64. 2010..Nevertheless, a consequence of having TASK-1 channels expressed (in various non-neuronal tissues and organs) is that neuronal damage is lessened when stroke occurs...
- Deletion of TASK1 and TASK3 channels disrupts intrinsic excitability but does not abolish glucose or pH responses of orexin/hypocretin neuronsJ A Gonzalez
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1 PD, UK
Eur J Neurosci 30:57-64. 2009..It was recently proposed that TASK (TWIK-related acid-sensitive potassium) channels [TASK1 (K(2P)3.1) and/or TASK3 (K(2P)9...
- Glucose inhibition persists in hypothalamic neurons lacking tandem-pore K+ channelsAlice Guyon
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Neurosci 29:2528-33. 2009..and halothane, and resistance to ruthenium red designated the tandem-pore K(+) (K(2P)) channel subunit TASK3 as part of the glucose-induced channel...
- The M1P1 loop of TASK3 K2P channels apposes the selectivity filter and influences channel functionCatherine E Clarke
Medway School of Pharmacy, Universities of Kent and Greenwich at Medway, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:16985-92. 2008..The TASK (TASK1, TASK3, and TASK5) subfamily of K2P channels is regulated by a number of different pharmacological and physiological ..
- TASK channel deletion in mice causes primary hyperaldosteronismLucinda A Davies
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2203-8. 2008..Our studies establish an animal model of nontumorigenic primary hyperaldosteronism and identify TASK channels as a possible therapeutic target for primary hyperaldosteronism...
- TASK channels determine pH sensitivity in select respiratory neurons but do not contribute to central respiratory chemosensitivityDaniel K Mulkey
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 27:14049-58. 2007..Furthermore, they indicate that a non-TASK K+ current contributes to chemosensitivity of RTN neurons, which are profoundly pH-sensitive and capable of driving respiratory output in response to local pH changes in vivo...
- Sequence-based bioinformatic prediction and QUASEP identify genomic imprinting of the KCNK9 potassium channel gene in mouse and humanNico Ruf
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 16:2591-9. 2007..Allele-Specific Expression by Pyrosequencing (QUASEP) and discovered maternal-specific imprinted expression of the Kcnk9 gene as well as strain-dependent preferential expression of the Rarres1 gene in E11...
- TASK-like conductances are present within hippocampal CA1 stratum oriens interneuron subpopulationsChristine L Torborg
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 26:7362-7. 2006TASK-1 (KCNK3) and TASK-3 (KCNK9) are members of the two-pore domain potassium channel family and form either homomeric or heteromeric open-rectifier (leak) channels...
- Membrane resting potential of thalamocortical relay neurons is shaped by the interaction among TASK3 and HCN2 channelsSven G Meuth
Neurologische Klinik, Bayerische Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurophysiol 96:1517-29. 2006..RT-PCR experiments revealed the expression of TASK1, TASK3, and HCN1-4...
- Tandem-pore K+ channels mediate inhibition of orexin neurons by glucoseDenis Burdakov
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Neuron 50:711-22. 2006..These results reveal an unexpected energy-sensing pathway in neurons that regulate states of consciousness and energy balance...