Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Jag1
Description: jagged 1
Alias: ABE2, Gsfabe2, Htu, Ozz, Ser-1, protein jagged-1, Serrate-1
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Vascular patterning defects associated with expression of activated Notch4 in embryonic endotheliumH Uyttendaele
Department of Pathology and Obstetrics Gynecology, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5643-8. 2001..Expression of an activated form of Notch4 in embryonic vasculature leads to abnormal vessel structure and patterning, implicating the Notch pathway in phases of vascular development associated with vessel patterning and remodeling...
- Endothelial expression of the Notch ligand Jagged1 is required for vascular smooth muscle developmentFrances A High
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1955-9. 2008The Notch ligand Jagged1 (Jag1) is essential for vascular remodeling and has been linked to congenital heart disease in humans, but its precise role in various cell types of the cardiovascular system has not been extensively investigated...
- Notch signaling is required for the maintenance of enteric neural crest progenitorsYoshiaki Okamura
Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Development 135:3555-65. 2008....
- Mesenchymal stromal cells affect cardiomyocyte growth through juxtacrine Notch-1/Jagged-1 signaling and paracrine mechanisms: clues for cardiac regenerationChiara Sassoli
Dept of Human Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni, 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:399-408. 2011....
- Coexpression of Cux-1 and Notch signaling pathway components during kidney developmentMadhulika Sharma
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, and the Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Dev Dyn 231:828-38. 2004..Taken together, these results suggest that Cux-1 may function in the context of the Notch signaling pathway in multiple tissues during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Adult epidermal Notch activity induces dermal accumulation of T cells and neural crest derivatives through upregulation of jagged 1Carrie A Ambler
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Development 137:3569-79. 2010..We conclude that jagged 1 is a key mediator of non-cell autonomous Notch signalling in skin...
- Endothelial deletion of murine Jag1 leads to valve calcification and congenital heart defects associated with Alagille syndromeJennifer J Hofmann
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Development 139:4449-60. 2012..Here, we demonstrate that endothelial-specific deletion of Jag1 leads to cardiovascular defects in both embryonic and adult mice that are reminiscent of those in Alagille syndrome...
- The role of Pax2 in mouse inner ear developmentQuianna Burton
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Biol 272:161-75. 2004....
- Jagged1 signals in the postnatal subventricular zone are required for neural stem cell self-renewalYves Nyfeler
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 24:3504-15. 2005..Our findings suggest a central role for Jagged1 in the NSC niche in the SVZ for maintaining a population of NSCs in the postnatal brain...
- Notch ligands with contrasting functions: Jagged1 and Delta1 in the mouse inner earRachael Brooker
Vertebrate Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 133:1277-86. 2006..We have used a Cre-LoxP approach to knock out two of these ligands, Delta1 (Dll1) and Jagged1 (Jag1), in the mouse ear...
- Stromal expression of Jagged 1 promotes colony formation by fetal hematopoietic progenitor cellsP Jones
Section of Gene Function and Regulation and Leukaemia Research Fund Centre, Chester Beatty Laboratories, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Blood 92:1505-11. 1998..These results obtained in vitro table Jagged 1 as a candidate regulator of stem cell fate in the context of stromal microenvironments in vivo...
- Compartmentalised expression of Delta-like 1 in epithelial somites is required for the formation of intervertebral jointsIngeborg Teppner
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, GmbH, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 7:68. 2007..We did this by overexpressing a functional copy of the Dll1 gene throughout the paraxial mesoderm, in particular in anterior somite compartments, during somitogenesis in transgenic mice...
- Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patchesMi Jeong Yoon
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Kyungbuk 790 784, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 28:4794-804. 2008..Interestingly, dll1 and dll4/Jag1 are expressed in the SAPs and the endothelium of the AGM, respectively, where mib1 is detected...
- Acheate-scute like 1 (Ascl1) is required for normal delta-like (Dll) gene expression and notch signaling during retinal developmentBranden R Nelson
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2163-78. 2009..Thus, these results suggest a molecular mechanism whereby attenuated Notch levels coupled with reduced proneurogenic activity in progenitors leads to increased gliogenesis and decreased neurogenesis in the Ascl1-deficient retina...
- Patched 1 is a crucial determinant of asymmetry and digit number in the vertebrate limbNatalie C Butterfield
The University of Queensland, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Queensland, Australia
Development 136:3515-24. 2009..These results establish the importance of the downstream consequences of Hh pathway repression, and identify Ptc1 as a key player in limb patterning even prior to the onset of Shh expression...
- A non-transmembrane form of Jagged-1 regulates the formation of matrix-dependent chord-like structuresM K Wong
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:853-9. 2000..These data suggest that J-1 may be able to modulate, in a matrix-dependent manner, the organization of cell to cell interactions including its ability to promote the development of chord-like structures...
- The notch ligand jagged-1 represents a novel growth factor of human hematopoietic stem cellsF N Karanu
John P Robarts Research Institute, Developmental Stem Cell Biology, and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Exp Med 192:1365-72. 2000....
- Soluble Jagged 1 represses the function of its transmembrane form to induce the formation of the Src-dependent chord-like phenotypeD Small
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 276:32022-30. 2001....
- Protein O-fucosyltransferase 1 is an essential component of Notch signaling pathwaysShaolin Shi
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College Medicine, New York, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5234-9. 2003..Protein O-fucosyltransferase 1 is therefore an essential core member of Notch signaling pathways in mammals...
- Dual roles for the Notch target gene Hes-1 in the differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytesDavid A Ross
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3505-13. 2004..The results presented in this study establish a new target downstream of the Notch-Hes-1 pathway and suggest a dual role for Hes-1 in adipocyte development...
- Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 segregate to neuronal and glial lineages of the developing olfactory epitheliumChristine Carson
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dev Dyn 235:1678-88. 2006..Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 may, therefore, have different roles in the commitment and differentiation of neuronal and glial lineages of the OE during development, and the maintenance of non-neuronal phenotypes postnatally...
- Differential regulation of gene expression in the digit forming area of the mouse limb bud by SHH and gremlin 1/FGF-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal signallingLia Panman
Developmental Genetics, DKBW Centre for Biomedicine, University of Basel Medical School, Mattenstrasse 28, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 133:3419-28. 2006..required to propagate SHH and establish the presumptive digit expression domains of the Notch ligand jagged 1 (Jag1) and 5'Hoxd genes in the distal limb bud mesenchyme...
- Bile duct proliferation in liver-specific Jag1 conditional knockout mice: effects of gene dosageKathleen M Loomes
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hepatology 45:323-30. 2007..b>Jag1 encodes a ligand in the Notch pathway and has been identified as the disease-causing gene for the developmental ..
- Expression patterns of Jagged, Delta1, Notch1, Notch2, and Notch3 genes identify ligand-receptor pairs that may function in neural developmentC E Lindsell
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine 90095 1737, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 8:14-27. 1996..Furthermore, within the ventricular zone of the neural tube and retina, Jagged and Delta 1 were expressed in complementary regions, suggesting that different DSL-Notch combinations may direct the development of distinct neural subtypes...
- Fringe boundaries coincide with Notch-dependent patterning centres in mammals and alter Notch-dependent development in DrosophilaB Cohen
Division of Immunology and Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Genet 16:283-8. 1997..Ectopic expression of murine manic fringe or radical fringe in Drosophila results in phenotypes that resemble those seen in Notch mutants...
- Mouse Dll3: a novel divergent Delta gene which may complement the function of other Delta homologues during early pattern formation in the mouse embryoS L Dunwoodie
Department of Mammalian Development, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Development 124:3065-76. 1997..We hypothesise that Dll1 is involved in the release of cells from the precursor population and that Dll3 is required later to divert neurons along a specific differentiation pathway...
- Expression patterns of developmental control genes in normal and Engrailed-1 mutant mouse spinal cord reveal early diversity in developing interneuronsM P Matise
New York University Medical School, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Developmental Genetics Program, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 17:7805-16. 1997..Rather, it is suggested that En-1 may function to distinguish a subset of interneurons during the later maturation of the spinal cord...
- Distinct expression patterns of notch family receptors and ligands during development of the mammalian inner earA K Lewis
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Mech Dev 78:159-63. 1998..Notch2, Notch3, Notch4, and Delta1 are excluded from the inner ear epithelia. These data support the hypothesis that Notch signaling is involved in hair cell differentiation during inner ear morphogenesis...
- Embryonic lethality and vascular defects in mice lacking the Notch ligand Jagged1Y Xue
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609 1500, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:723-30. 1999..Mutations in the human JAGGED1 ( JAG1 ) gene, which encodes a ligand for the Notch family of transmembrane receptors, cause the autosomal dominant ..
- Interaction between Notch signalling and Lunatic fringe during somite boundary formation in the mouseI B Barrantes
Amgen Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute, Departments of Medical Biophysics and Immunology University of Toronto 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C1, Canada
Curr Biol 9:470-80. 1999....
- Mouse jagged1 physically interacts with notch2 and other notch receptors. Assessment by quantitative methodsK Shimizu
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, 113 8655 Japan
J Biol Chem 274:32961-9. 1999..Finally, solid-phase binding assay showed that Jagged1 binds to Notch1 and Notch3 in addition to Notch2, suggesting that mJagged1 is a ligand for multiple Notch receptors...
- Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in miceL T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA
Genes Dev 14:1343-52. 2000....
- Binding of Delta1, Jagged1, and Jagged2 to Notch2 rapidly induces cleavage, nuclear translocation, and hyperphosphorylation of Notch2K Shimizu
Departments of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 20:6913-22. 2000..Moreover, the findings of rapid cleavage, nuclear translocation, and phosphorylation of Notch2 after ligand binding facilitate the understanding of the Notch signaling...
- Defects in development of the kidney, heart and eye vasculature in mice homozygous for a hypomorphic Notch2 mutationB McCright
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Development 128:491-502. 2001..The Notch ligand encoded by the Jag1 gene was expressed in developing glomeruli in cells adjacent to Notch2-expressing cells...
- The Notch ligand Jagged1 is required for inner ear sensory developmentA E Kiernan
Medical Research Council Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3873-8. 2001..However, one of the Notch ligands, Jagged1 (Jag1), does not show an expression pattern wholly consistent with a role in lateral inhibition, as it marks the sensory ..
- Members of the Jagged/Notch gene families are expressed in injured arteries and regulate cell phenotype via alterations in cell matrix and cell-cell interactionV Lindner
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine, USA
Am J Pathol 159:875-83. 2001..We suggest that Jagged regulation of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions may contribute to the control of cell migration in situations of tissue remodeling in vivo...
- Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vesselsN Villa
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mech Dev 108:161-4. 2001..These findings identify an aspect of Notch signaling that could contribute to the mechanism by which this pathway modulates vascular morphogenesis...
- A mouse model of Alagille syndrome: Notch2 as a genetic modifier of Jag1 haploinsufficiencyBrent McCright
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Development 129:1075-82. 2002..Alagille syndrome is caused by mutations in the Jagged 1 (JAG1) gene, which encodes a ligand for Notch family receptors...
- Notch pathway molecules are essential for the maintenance, but not the generation, of mammalian neural stem cellsSeiji Hitoshi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Genes Dev 16:846-58. 2002..These data are consistent with a role for Notch signaling in the maintenance of the neural stem cell, and inconsistent with a role in a neuronal/glial fate switch...
- FGFR1 is required for the development of the auditory sensory epitheliumUlla Pirvola
Institute of Biotechnology, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neuron 35:671-80. 2002..Our data also suggest that FGFR1 might have a distinct later role in intercellular signaling within the differentiating auditory sensory epithelium...
- Lack of pendrin expression leads to deafness and expansion of the endolymphatic compartment in inner ears of Foxi1 null mutant miceMalin Hulander
Medical Genetics, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Goteborg University, Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 130:2013-25. 2003..this regulation could be mediated by absence of a specific endolymphatic cell type--FORE (forkhead related) cells--expressing Foxi1, Pds, Coch and Jag1. Thus, mutations in FOXI1 could prove to cause a Pendred syndrome-like human deafness.
- The distribution of Notch receptors and their ligands during articular cartilage developmentA J Hayes
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, PO Box 911 Museum Avenue, Cardiff, UK
J Anat 202:495-502. 2003..Mechanisms by which these processes are controlled are discussed in light of recent advances in the understanding of Notch signalling pathways...
- Notch activation results in phenotypic and functional changes consistent with endothelial-to-mesenchymal transformationMichela Noseda
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Circ Res 94:910-7. 2004....
- Consequences of Notch-mediated induction of Jagged1David A Ross
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6145, USA
Exp Cell Res 296:173-82. 2004..The induced Jagged1 had no apparent autocrine effects on Notch signaling but could promote signaling in naïve cells. These results describe a mechanism through which Notch signaling can be relayed from cell to cell...
- Notch signaling controls hepatoblast differentiation by altering the expression of liver-enriched transcription factorsNaoki Tanimizu
Stem Cell Regulation, Kanagawa Academy of Science and Technology, Teikyo University Biotechnology Research Center, 907 Nogawa, Kawasaki, 216 0001, Japan
J Cell Sci 117:3165-74. 2004..These results suggest that the Notch signaling contributes to form a network of these transcription factors suitable for cholangiocyte differentiation...
- Math1 regulates development of the sensory epithelium in the mammalian cochleaChad Woods
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Building 35, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1310-8. 2004..These results show that Math1 functions in the developing cochlea to initiate both inductive and inhibitory signals that regulate the overall formation of the sensory epithelia...
- Jagged1-dependent Notch signaling is dispensable for hematopoietic stem cell self-renewal and differentiationStephane J C Mancini
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Blood 105:2340-2. 2005..In contrast to earlier reports, these data exclude an essential role for Jagged1-mediated Notch signaling during hematopoiesis...
- Fringe glycosyltransferases differentially modulate Notch1 proteolysis induced by Delta1 and Jagged1Liang Tung Yang
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:927-42. 2005....
- The role of notch signaling in the development of intrahepatic bile ductsYuzo Kodama
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Gastroenterology 127:1775-86. 2004..The mechanism underlying the contribution of the Notch signaling pathway to IHBD formation, however, remains unknown. Here we investigated the role of Notch signaling in IHBD development...
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cellsAlex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
Development 132:1117-26. 2005..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo...
- The extracellular matrix protein MAGP-2 interacts with Jagged1 and induces its shedding from the cell surfaceLeslie C Nehring
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20349-55. 2005....
- The Notch ligand JAG1 is required for sensory progenitor development in the mammalian inner earAmy E Kiernan
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
PLoS Genet 2:e4. 2006..However, another Notch ligand, JAG1, is expressed early in the sensory patches prior to cell differentiation, indicating that there may be an earlier ..
- The forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for arterial specification and lymphatic sprouting during vascular developmentSeungwoon Seo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Dev Biol 294:458-70. 2006..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc transcription factors are novel regulators of arterial cell specification upstream of Notch signaling and lymphatic sprouting during embryonic development...
- Ozzy, a Jag1 vestibular mouse mutant, displays characteristics of Alagille syndromeKaren Vrijens
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Neurobiol Dis 24:28-40. 2006..5-cM region on chromosome 2. Subsequently, a 499 T-->A missense mutation was identified in Jag1, leading to a substitution of an evolutionary conserved tryptophane (W167R)...
- Notch2, but not Notch1, is required for proximal fate acquisition in the mammalian nephronHui Teng Cheng
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology at Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8103, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 134:801-11. 2007..These results establish distinct (non-redundant), instructive roles for Notch receptors in nephron segmentation...
- Six1 is essential for early neurogenesis in the development of olfactory epitheliumKeiko Ikeda
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Dev Biol 311:53-68. 2007..Our study indicates that Six1 plays critical roles in early neurogenesis by regulating Ngn1, NeuroD, Hes1, and Hes5...
- JAGGED1 and delta1 differentially regulate the outcome of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisWassim Elyaman
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 179:5990-8. 2007..Our study provides novel data about differential roles of Notch ligands in regulating inflammation in the periphery as well as in the CNS...
- Bmp4 is essential for the formation of the vestibular apparatus that detects angular head movementsWeise Chang
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000050. 2008..Our results suggest that, in comparison to sensory bristles, crista formation within the inner ear requires an additional step of sensory and non-sensory fate specification...
- Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1Alex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL, Gran Via km 2 7 Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 27:1886-95. 2008..Taken together, our results indicate that Jagged1-mediated activation of Notch1 is responsible for regulating GATA2 expression in the AGM, which in turn is essential for definitive haematopoiesis in the mouse...
- Specific Jagged-1 signal from bone marrow microenvironment is required for endothelial progenitor cell development for neovascularizationSang Mo Kwon
Stem Cell Translational Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center For Developmental Biology Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, Kobe, Japan
Circulation 118:157-65. 2008..Despite accumulating evidence that proves the pivotal role of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) in ischemic neovascularization, the key signaling cascade that regulates functional EPC kinetics remains unclear...
- Sox2 signaling in prosensory domain specification and subsequent hair cell differentiation in the developing cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18396-401. 2008..These results demonstrate crucial and diverse roles for Sox2 in the development, specification, and maintenance of sensory cells within the cochlea...
- Bile duct proliferation in Jag1/fringe heterozygous mice identifies candidate modifiers of the Alagille syndrome hepatic phenotypeMatthew J Ryan
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hepatology 48:1989-97. 2008..The syndrome is caused by mutations in JAG1, which encodes a ligand in the Notch signaling pathway, in the majority of cases and mutations in the NOTCH2 ..
- Lunatic and manic fringe cooperatively enhance marginal zone B cell precursor competition for delta-like 1 in splenic endothelial nichesJoanne B Tan
Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Immunity 30:254-63. 2009..Our study has revealed that the Fringe-Notch2 interaction has important functions in vivo and provides insights into mechanisms regulating MZ B cell development...
- Jagged1 suppresses collagen-induced arthritis by indirectly providing a negative signal in CD8+ T cellsMika Kijima
Department of Immunology and Parasitology, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Immunol 182:3566-72. 2009..These data indicate that Jagged1 is able to deliver an indirect negative signal into CD8(+) T cells in vivo, which suggests its therapeutic potential in the treatment of CD8(+) T cell-mediated diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis...
- Jagged1 is the pathological link between Wnt and Notch pathways in colorectal cancerVeronica Rodilla
Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge Gran Via km 2 7, Hospitalet and Institut Municipal d Investigacions Mèdiques Hospital del Mar, Dr Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6315-20. 2009..The Notch-specific genetic signature is sufficient to block differentiation and promote vasculogenesis in tumors whereas proliferation depends on both pathways...
- The notch ligands Dll4 and Jagged1 have opposing effects on angiogenesisRui Benedito
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Vascular Development Laboratory, London, UK
Cell 137:1124-35. 2009....
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signalingMonica Corada
IFOM, The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, 20139 Milan, Italy
Dev Cell 18:938-49. 2010..We propose that early and sustained beta-catenin signaling prevents correct endothelial cell differentiation, altering vascular remodeling and arteriovenous specification...
- Notch signaling specifies prosensory domains via lateral induction in the developing mammalian inner earByron H Hartman
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15792-7. 2010..The Notch ligand Jagged1 (Jag1) is expressed in the prosensory domains, and mutation of Jag1 impairs sensory formation...
- Patent ductus arteriosus in mice with smooth muscle-specific Jag1 deletionXuesong Feng
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Development 137:4191-9. 2010..Mice with smooth muscle cell-specific deletion of Jag1, which encodes a Notch ligand, die postnatally from patent ductus arteriosus...
- BMP signaling is necessary for patterning the sensory and nonsensory regions of the developing mammalian cochleaTakahiro Ohyama
Division of Cell Biology and Genetics, House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, California 90057, USA
J Neurosci 30:15044-51. 2010..Our results suggest BMP signaling is required for patterning sensory and nonsensory tissue in the mammalian cochlea...
- Tumor-derived JAGGED1 promotes osteolytic bone metastasis of breast cancer by engaging notch signaling in bone cellsNilay Sethi
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Cancer Cell 19:192-205. 2011..These findings elucidate a stroma-dependent mechanism for Notch signaling in breast cancer and provide rationale for using γ-secretase inhibitors for the treatment of bone metastasis...
- Dynamic expression of Lgr5, a Wnt target gene, in the developing and mature mouse cochleaRenjie Chai
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 12:455-69. 2011..Their differential expression among cell populations highlights the dynamic but complex distribution of Wnt-activated cells in and around the embryonic and postnatal cochlea...
- Differentiation of the lateral compartment of the cochlea requires a temporally restricted FGF20 signalSung Ho Huh
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
PLoS Biol 10:e1001231. 2012..The viability and hearing loss in Fgf20 knockout mice suggest that FGF20 may also be a deafness-associated gene in humans...
- Requirements for Jag1-Rbpj mediated Notch signaling during early mouse lens developmentTien T Le
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 241:493-504. 2012..In the mouse, multiple labs have shown that Jag1-Notch signaling is critically required during the second wave of lens fiber cell formation...
- Differential regulation of osteoclastogenesis by Notch2/Delta-like 1 and Notch1/Jagged1 axesChiyoko Sekine
Department of Immunology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Tokyo, 113 8421, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R45. 2012..However, the responsible Notch ligands have not been identified yet. This study was undertaken to determine the role of individual Notch receptors and ligands in osteoclastogenesis...
- The expression of Sox17 identifies and regulates haemogenic endotheliumRaedun L Clarke
McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 15:502-10. 2013..Taken together, these findings position Sox17 as a key regulator of haemogenic endothelial and haematopoietic development...
- Mouse Serrate-1 (Jagged-1): expression in the developing tooth is regulated by epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and fibroblast growth factor-4T A Mitsiadis
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Development 124:1473-83. 1997..This indicates that, at least during tooth development, the expression patterns observed for receptors and ligands in the Notch signaling pathway are generated by different induction mechanisms...
- Analysis of the genetic pathway leading to formation of ectopic apical ectodermal ridges in mouse Engrailed-1 mutant limbsC A Loomis
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, NYU Medical School, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 125:1137-48. 1998..This leads to induction of a second zone of compaction ventrally, which in some cases goes on to form an autonomous secondary AER...
- Expression of Delta1 and Serrate1 (Jagged1) in the mouse inner earA Morrison
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Mech Dev 84:169-72. 1999..Delta1 is also expressed: (a) at early stages, at the site of otic neurogenesis; and (b) in scattered cells of the endolymphatic sac, as is Serrate1...
- A mutation in the Lunatic fringe gene suppresses the effects of a Jagged2 mutation on inner hair cell development in the cochleaN Zhang
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Curr Biol 10:659-62. 2000..We suggest a model for the action of the Notch signaling pathway in regulating hair cell differentiation in the cochlear sensory epithelium...
- The mouse slalom mutant demonstrates a role for Jagged1 in neuroepithelial patterning in the organ of CortiH Tsai
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit and Mouse Genome Centre, Harwell, Oxon OX11 ORD, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:507-12. 2001..We show that the slalom mutant carries a mutation in the Jagged1 gene, implicating a new ligand in the signalling processes that pattern the inner ear neuro-epithelium...
- Notch ligands Delta 1 and Jagged1 transmit distinct signals to T-cell precursorsSophie M Lehar
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Blood 105:1440-7. 2005..During these stages, Jagged1 signals can influence the differentiation of immature thymocytes along the natural killer (NK) and gamma delta T-cell lineages...
- Jagged 1 is a beta-catenin target gene required for ectopic hair follicle formation in adult epidermisSoline Estrach
Keratinocyte Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 133:4427-38. 2006..Deletion of jagged 1 (Jag1) results in inhibition of the hair growth cycle and conversion of hair follicles into cysts of cells undergoing ..
- Monitoring Notch1 activity in development: evidence for a feedback regulatory loopGonzalo del Monte
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Dev Dyn 236:2594-614. 2007..We found that Notch1 transcription and activity was severely reduced in zebrafish and mouse Notch pathway mutants, suggesting that vertebrate Notch1 expression is regulated by a positive feedback loop...
- Node and midline defects are associated with left-right development in Delta1 mutant embryosGerhard K H Przemeck
GSF, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Development 130:3-13. 2003..Based on expression analysis in wild-type and mutant embryos, we suggest a model, in which Notch signalling is required for the proper differentiation of node cells and node morphology...
- BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate gland and interferes with Notch signalingIrina B Grishina
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, VAMC, 423 East 23rd Street, 18064 South, New York, NY 10010, USA
Dev Biol 288:334-47. 2005..Based on our studies, we propose a model that BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate and limits the number of domains with high Notch1/Hes1 activity...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..In addition, our data suggest that mesenchymal cells are required to create the thymic microenvironment and to maintain epithelial architecture and function...
- The Notch signaling pathway controls the size of the ocular lens by directly suppressing p57Kip2 expressionJunling Jia
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7236-47. 2007..We found that the Notch effector Herp2 is expressed in lens epithelium and directly suppresses p57Kip2 expression, providing a molecular link between Notch signaling and the cell cycle control machinery during lens development...
- Notch signaling regulates bile duct morphogenesis in miceJulie Lozier
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e1851. 2008Alagille syndrome is a developmental disorder caused predominantly by mutations in the Jagged1 (JAG1) gene, which encodes a ligand for Notch family receptors. A characteristic feature of Alagille syndrome is intrahepatic bile duct paucity...
- Hedgehog signaling regulates sensory cell formation and auditory function in mice and humansElizabeth Carroll Driver
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 28:7350-8. 2008..These results suggest that HH signaling plays a key role in the specification, size, and location of the prosensory domain, and therefore of hair cells, within the cochlea...
- Sall4 regulates cell fate decision in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cellsTsunekazu Oikawa
Division of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 136:1000-11. 2009..The expression and functional roles of Sall4 during liver development have not been elucidated. We here provide their first description in hepatoblasts...
- Jagged1 is a competitive inhibitor of Notch signaling in the embryonic pancreasMaria L Golson
Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 126:687-99. 2009..To determine how the Notch ligand Jagged1 (Jag1) functions during pancreas development, we deleted Jag1 in foregut endoderm and examined postnatal and embryonic ..
- Mammalian target of rapamycin regulates murine and human cell differentiation through STAT3/p63/Jagged/Notch cascadeJianhui Ma
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Clin Invest 120:103-14. 2010..Additionally, the STAT3/p63/Notch axis may be a useful target for the treatment of cancers exhibiting hyperactive mTOR signaling...
- [The effects of dendritic cells overexpressing Serrate1 on the differentiation of CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells in asthmatic mice]Kun Sun
Institute of Respiratory Disease of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 48:756-9. 2009..To observe the effects of dendritic cells (DCs) overexpressing Serrate1 on the differentiation of CD(4)(+)CD(25)(+) T cells and the production of inhibitory cytokines in asthmatic mice...
- Endothelial Jarid2/Jumonji is required for normal cardiac development and proper Notch1 expressionMatthew R Mysliwiec
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17193-204. 2011..The identification of Jarid2 as a potential regulator of Notch1 signaling has broad implications for many cellular processes including development, stem cell maintenance, and tumor formation...
- Alagille syndrome is caused by mutations in human Jagged1, which encodes a ligand for Notch1L Li
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 USA
Nat Genet 16:243-51. 1997..We have mapped the human Jagged1 gene (JAG1), encoding a ligand for the developmentally important Notch transmembrane receptor, to the Alagille syndrome ..
- Notch gene expression during pancreatic organogenesisE Lammert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mech Dev 94:199-203. 2000..Notch 3 and Notch 4 are expressed in pancreatic mesenchyme and later in endothelial cells. Together these descriptive data comprise a framework for understanding the cellular basis for Notch function during pancreatic development...
- Notch/Delta expression in the developing mouse lungL C Post
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mech Dev 98:95-8. 2000..Here, we report the localization of transcripts of several genes encoding members of the Notch/Delta pathway in the early mouse lung. Most genes are expressed in specific populations and so may contribute to cell diversification...
- The notch receptor and its ligands are selectively expressed during hematopoietic development in the mouseL Walker
UCLA Molecular Biology Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1781, USA
Stem Cells 19:543-52. 2001..Notch receptors in the adult are most likely utilized by early erythroid precursors and intermediate-stage granulocytes, but not by terminally differentiating cells of either subset...
- Notch1 is required for neuronal and glial differentiation in the cerebellumSimone Lütolf
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Development 129:373-85. 2002..We have also analyzed the effects of Notch1 ablation on gliogenesis in vivo. Our results show that Notch1 is required for both neuron and glia formation and modulates the onset of neurogenesis within the cerebellar neuroepithelium...
- Supernumerary digital flexion creases: an additional clinical manifestation of Alagille syndromeBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet 112:171-5. 2002..The identification of supernumerary digital creases in one-third of AGS probands provides another diagnostic aid and allows for speculation of the role of Jagged1 in the molecular development of digital crease patterns...
- THE ROLE OF NOTCH SIGNALING IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..The recent identification of Jag1 as the disease gene for Alagille syndrome (AGS), a multisystem developmental disorder involving bile duct paucity ..
- INTEGRATED DNA SEQUENCING SYSTEMVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Skeletal Development and Remodeling in Health, Disease and AgingMone Zaidi; Fiscal Year: 2005..A local forum, which will provide the non-scientific public an informal opportunity to learn about the latest research and therapies emerging in the field, is also planned. ..
- CD38/ADP RIBOSYL CYCLASE R0LE IN OSTEOCLAST REGULATIONMone Zaidi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, the studies should provide mechanistic insights into the role of the NAD+/CD38/cADPr/Ca2+ system in osteoclast control. ..
- The Role of NFATc1 and Calcineurin in Bone RemodelingMone Zaidi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Skeletal Biology and Medicine ConferenceMone Zaidi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Serpin Protease Inhibitors & Opioid NeuropeptidesVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2006..Serpin regulation of opioid peptides that mediate analgesia and stress may lead to development of new therapeutic approaches in pain and neurologic disease. ..
- The Role of the Notch Pathway in Bile Duct DevelopmentKATHLEEN MARY LOOMES; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of Jag1 as the disease gene for Alagille syndrome (AGS), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by bile duct paucity ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of the endogenous opioid system. ..
- POMC Processing and Beta-Endorphine-Related Opioid PeptidesVivian Y H Hook; Fiscal Year: 2010..New findings from this project will enhance our knowledge of the complexity of biosynthetic mechanisms for endogenous opioid and neuropeptide systems. ..
- The function of Foxi3 in craniofacial developmentTakahiro Ohyama; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project has significant potential for the future study of craniofacial and sensory organ development that will shed a light on the genetic mechanisms of craniofacial birth defects. ..
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TGF-beta Signaling in Mesenchymal ChondroprogenitorsAnna Spagnoli; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of TGF-beta in MCC biology will provide a framework for therapeutic manipulations to optimize the use of MCC in cartilage diseases. ..
- Proteomics/Genomics of Opiate Analgesia and AddictionVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2004..Elucidation of distinct pathways will be significant, since it could allow future design of opiate drug regimens that provide effective analgesia, without the tolerance and dependence of addiction. ..
- SIGNALING MOLECULES IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Death in Normal and Diseased Human EpidermisBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..