Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Itga7
Description: integrin alpha 7
Alias: alpha7, integrin alpha-7
- Beta1 integrins in muscle, but not in motor neurons, are required for skeletal muscle innervationMartin Schwander
Department of Cell Biology and Institute for Childhood and Neglected Disease, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 24:8181-91. 2004..We conclude that Itgb1 expression in muscle, but not in motor neurons, is critical for NMJ development...
- Role for the alpha7beta1 integrin in vascular development and integrityNichole L Flintoff-Dye
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada, Manville Health Science Building, Reno, 89557, USA
Dev Dyn 234:11-21. 2005..To identify the expression pattern of the alpha7 integrin in these tissues during embryonic development, alpha7 integrin chain knockout mice were generated by a ..
- Activation of AKT signaling promotes cell growth and survival in α7β1 integrin-mediated alleviation of muscular dystrophyMarni D Boppart
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:439-46. 2011..We conclude that the α7β1 integrin confers a protective effect in dystrophic muscle through the activation of the ILK, AKT, p70S6K and BAD signaling to promote muscle cell survival...
- Activation of c-Raf-1 kinase signal transduction pathway in alpha(7) integrin-deficient miceG Saher
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:27651-7. 1999....
- A new isoform of the laminin receptor integrin alpha 7 beta 1 is developmentally regulated in skeletal muscleG Collo
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 268:19019-24. 1993..Splicing of alpha 7B mRNA in C2C12 occurred shortly after myogenin expression and could be an indicator of progression through the program of skeletal muscle differentiation...
- Distinct alpha 7A beta 1 and alpha 7B beta 1 integrin expression patterns during mouse development: alpha 7A is restricted to skeletal muscle but alpha 7B is expressed in striated muscle, vasculature, and nervous systemT Velling
Department of Animal Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 207:355-71. 1996..We conclude that the alpha 7A and alpha 7B integrin variants are expressed in a developmentally regulated, tissue-specific pattern suggesting different functions for the two splice forms...
- The α7β1-integrin accelerates fiber hypertrophy and myogenesis following a single bout of eccentric exerciseTara N Lueders
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois, Urbana, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C938-46. 2011..Further studies are necessary to elucidate the precise mechanism by which the α(7)-integrin can enhance muscle hypertrophy following exercise...
- Absence of integrin alpha 7 causes a novel form of muscular dystrophyU Mayer
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Nat Genet 17:318-23. 1997b>Integrin alpha 7 beta 1 is a specific cellular receptor for the basement membrane protein laminin-1 (refs 1,2), as well as for the laminin isoforms -2 and -4 (ref. 3)...
- Talin 1 and 2 are required for myoblast fusion, sarcomere assembly and the maintenance of myotendinous junctionsFrancesco J Conti
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Childhood and Neglected Diseases, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 136:3597-606. 2009..We conclude that talin 1 and 2 are crucial for skeletal muscle development, where they regulate myoblast fusion, sarcomere assembly and the maintenance of MTJs...
- Laminins promote the locomotion of skeletal myoblasts via the alpha 7 integrin receptorC C Yao
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco 94143 0512, USA
J Cell Sci 109:3139-50. 1996..These results established that alpha 7 beta 1 receptor can promote myoblast adhesion and motility on a restricted number of laminin isoforms and may be important in myogenic precursor recruitment during regeneration and differentiation...
- Laminin-111 protein therapy prevents muscle disease in the mdx mouse model for Duchenne muscular dystrophyJachinta E Rooney
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7991-6. 2009..These findings demonstrate that laminin-111 is a highly potent therapeutic agent for the mdx mouse model of DMD and represents a paradigm for the systemic delivery of extracellular matrix proteins as therapies for genetic diseases...
- Developmental regulation of integrin expression at the time of implantation in the mouse embryoA E Sutherland
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco 94143
Development 119:1175-86. 1993..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Exercise promotes alpha7 integrin gene transcription and protection of skeletal muscleMarni D Boppart
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1623-30. 2008..A single bout of downhill running exercise selectively increased transcription of the alpha7 integrin gene in 5-wk-old wild-type mice 3 h postexercise, and an increased alpha7 chain was detected in muscle ..
- Increasing alpha 7 beta 1-integrin promotes muscle cell proliferation, adhesion, and resistance to apoptosis without changing gene expressionJianming Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, 601 S Goodwin Ave, B107 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C627-40. 2008..These results support the use of integrin enhancement as a therapy for muscular dystrophy...
- Laminin-111 restores regenerative capacity in a mouse model for alpha7 integrin congenital myopathyJachinta E Rooney
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Am J Pathol 174:256-64. 2009Mutations in the alpha7 integrin gene cause congenital myopathy characterized by delayed developmental milestones and impaired mobility...
- Synaptic integrins in developing, adult, and mutant muscle: selective association of alpha1, alpha7A, and alpha7B integrins with the neuromuscular junctionP T Martin
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 174:125-39. 1996..alpha1 chain was selectively associated with presynaptic cells (Schwann cells and/or nerve terminals), while alpha7 was present on both synaptic and extrasynaptic portions of the muscle fiber surface...
- Alternative extracellular and cytoplasmic domains of the integrin alpha 7 subunit are differentially expressed during developmentB L Ziober
Department of Stomatology and Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Biol Chem 268:26773-83. 1993....
- Deletion of integrin-linked kinase from skeletal muscles of mice resembles muscular dystrophy due to alpha 7 beta 1-integrin deficiencyAnia L Gheyara
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Pathol 171:1966-77. 2007..These findings resemble those seen in humans and mice lacking the alpha 7-integrin subunit and suggest that Ilk may act as a cytoplasmic effector of alpha 7 beta1-integrin in the pathogenesis of these deficiencies...
- Eccentric exercise facilitates mesenchymal stem cell appearance in skeletal muscleM Carmen Valero
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, and Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29760. 2012..The results from this study also support a role for the α7 integrin and/or mMSCs in molecular- and cellular-based therapeutic strategies that can effectively combat disuse muscle atrophy...
- Uncommitted precursor cells might contribute to increased incidence of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma in heterozygous Patched1-mutant miceF Nitzki
Department of Human Genetics, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Oncogene 30:4428-36. 2011....
- β1D chain increases α7β1 integrin and laminin and protects against sarcolemmal damage in mdx miceJianming Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1592-603. 2012..Thus manipulation of β1D integrin expression offers a novel approach to enhance integrin-mediated therapy for muscular dystrophy...
- Skeletal myoblasts utilize a novel beta 1-series integrin and not alpha 6 beta 1 for binding to the E8 and T8 fragments of lamininH von Der Mark
Max Planck Society Clinical Research Group for Rheumatology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 266:23593-601. 1991..However, there were distinctive differences; in particular, 2 residues were deleted in comparison with alpha 6...
- IgSF8: a developmentally and functionally regulated cell adhesion molecule in olfactory sensory neuron axons and synapsesArundhati Ray
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8082, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 50:238-49. 2012..These data support the hypothesis that IgSF8 facilitates OSN synapse formation...
- A contemporary atlas of the mouse diaphragm: myogenicity, vascularity, and the Pax3 connectionPascal Stuelsatz
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 60:638-57. 2012..The novel information in this "contemporary atlas" can be further explored in the context of diaphragm pathology and genetic disorders...
- Estrogen-dependent uterine secretion of osteopontin activates blastocyst adhesion competenceTakashi Chaen
Laboratory of Animal Breeding, Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e48933. 2012..These findings define for the first time specific regulatory components of an estrogen-dependent pathway coordinating blastocyst adhesion competence and uterine receptivity...
- α6β1 and α7β1 integrins are required in Schwann cells to sort axonsMarta Pellegatta
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano 20132, Italy, Hunter James Kelly Research Institute, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, New York 14203, Development and Stem Cells Program, Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7104, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch 67404, France, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, Biomedical Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom, and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, New Jersey 08854
J Neurosci 33:17995-8007. 2013....
- The Src homology and collagen A (ShcA) adaptor protein is required for the spatial organization of the costamere/Z-disk network during heart developmentMohamed Mlih
From the CNRS, UMR 7213, University of Strasbourg, 67401 Illkirch, France
J Biol Chem 290:2419-30. 2015..Collectively, these results demonstrate that ShcA interacts with crucial proteins and pathways that link Z-disk and costamere...
- Sarcospan integration into laminin-binding adhesion complexes that ameliorate muscular dystrophy requires utrophin and α7 integrinJamie L Marshall
Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology, Center for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Hum Mol Genet 24:2011-22. 2015..Furthermore, we found that association of sarcospan into laminin-binding complexes is dependent on utrophin and α7β1 integrin. ..
- Deletion of integrin α7 subunit does not aggravate the phenotype of laminin α2 chain-deficient miceKinga I Gawlik
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Muscle Biology Unit, Lund University, Sweden
Sci Rep 5:13916. 2015..have non-redundant functions we generated mice deficient in laminin α2 chain and integrin α7 subunit (dy(3K)/itga7)...
- Laminin-binding integrin alpha 7 beta 1: functional characterization and expression in normal and malignant melanocytesR H Kramer
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Cell Regul 2:805-17. 1991..These results establish the existence of a novel integrin that binds to the E8 domain of laminin and appears to mediate cell adhesion to this ligand...
- Alternative splice variants of alpha 7 beta 1 integrin selectively recognize different laminin isoformsHelga von der Mark
Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Nikolaus Fiebiger Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Department of Experimental Medicine I, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:6012-6. 2002....
- Mice carrying a complete deletion of the talin2 coding sequence are viable and fertileEmmanuel Debrand
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 426:190-5. 2012..However, the number of Tln2(cd/cd) pups surviving to adulthood was variable suggesting that such mice have an underlying defect...
- Dystrophin and utrophin expression require sarcospan: loss of α7 integrin exacerbates a newly discovered muscle phenotype in sarcospan-null miceJamie L Marshall
Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:4378-93. 2012..We demonstrate that SSPN is a necessary component of dystrophin and Utr function and that SSPN modulation of integrin signaling is required for extracellular matrix attachment and muscle force development...
- Cre-loxP-mediated inactivation of the alpha6A integrin splice variant in vivo: evidence for a specific functional role of alpha6A in lymphocyte migration but not in heart developmentC Gimond
Division of Cell Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Biol 143:253-66. 1998..Nevertheless, the expression of alpha6A might be necessary for optimal lymphocyte migration on laminin in certain pathological conditions...
- Patterns of laminins and integrins in the embryonic ventricular zone of the CNSJustin D Lathia
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Comp Neurol 505:630-43. 2007....
- Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryosNoriyuki Nishioka
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Mech Dev 125:270-83. 2008....
- Integrin-laminin interactions controlling neurite outgrowth from adult DRG neurons in vitroStefan Plantman
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:50-62. 2008....
- Cib2 binds integrin alpha7Bbeta1D and is reduced in laminin alpha2 chain-deficient muscular dystrophyMattias Häger
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Division for Cell and Matrix Biology, University of Lund, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Biol Chem 283:24760-9. 2008..Finally, we demonstrate that Cib2 is a calcium-binding protein that interacts with integrin alpha7Bbeta1D. Thus, our data suggest a role for Cib2 as a cytoplasmic effector of integrin alpha7Bbeta1D signaling in skeletal muscle...
- Endothelial cell laminin isoforms, laminins 8 and 10, play decisive roles in T cell recruitment across the blood-brain barrier in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisM Sixt
Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research IZKF, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glückstr 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Cell Biol 153:933-46. 2001....
- Genetically determined proteolytic cleavage modulates alpha7beta1 integrin functionJianming Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 283:35668-78. 2008..Here we report a species-specific difference in alpha7 chains that results from an intra-peptide proteolytic cleavage, by a serine protease, at the 603RRQ605 site...
- Impaired axonal regeneration in alpha7 integrin-deficient miceA Werner
Department of Neuromorphology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Neurosci 20:1822-30. 2000..b>alpha7 and beta1 subunits were present on the axons and their growth cones in the regenerating facial nerve...
- Valproic acid activates the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway in muscle and ameliorates pathology in a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophyPraveen B Gurpur
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, B107 CLSL, 601 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Am J Pathol 174:999-1008. 2009..Transgenic overexpression of the alpha7 integrin in mdx/utrn(-/-) mice, a model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy ameliorates the disease...
- Organization of the myotendinous junction is dependent on the presence of alpha7beta1 integrinN Miosge
Zentrum Anatomie, Abteilung Histologie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Lab Invest 79:1591-9. 1999..receptor alpha7beta1 is enriched at the myotendinous junctions, and mice with a targeted inactivation of the alpha7 gene develop a form of muscular dystrophy that primarily affects this structure...
- Basal lamina strengthens cell membrane integrity via the laminin G domain-binding motif of alpha-dystroglycanRenzhi Han
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Physiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12573-9. 2009..Here we show that both dystroglycan and integrin alpha7 contribute to force-production of muscles, but that only disruption of dystroglycan causes detachment of the basal ..
- Myotendinous junction defects and reduced force transmission in mice that lack alpha7 integrin and utrophinJennifer V Welser
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Am J Pathol 175:1545-54. 2009..Indeed, mice that lack dystrophin and alpha7 integrin (mdx/alpha7(-/-)), or dystrophin and utrophin (mdx/utr(-/-)), exhibit severe muscle pathology and die ..
- Integrin signaling switches the cytoskeletal and exocytic machinery that drives neuritogenesisStephanie L Gupton
The Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Dev Cell 18:725-36. 2010..These regulated changes and coordination of cytoskeletal and exocytic machinery may be used in other physiological contexts involving cell motility and morphogenesis...
- Involvement of alpha7beta1 integrin in the conditioning-lesion effect on sensory axon regenerationPer A R Ekstrom
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Lund, Sweden
Mol Cell Neurosci 22:383-95. 2003..in motor and sensory neurons increases following nerve lesions and motor axon regeneration is impaired in alpha7 integrin KO mice (J. Neurosci. 20, 1822-1830)...
- Differential onset of expression of alpha 7 and beta 1D integrins during mouse heart and skeletal muscle developmentM Brancaccio
Department of Genetics, Biology and Medical Chemistry, University of Torino, Italy
Cell Adhes Commun 5:193-205. 1998..In conclusion these data show that the expression of the beta 1D muscle specific integrin during development occurs much earlier in heart than in skeletal muscle and it can dimerize with different alpha subunits...
- Altered expression of the alpha7beta1 integrin in human and murine muscular dystrophiesB L Hodges
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, USA
J Cell Sci 110:2873-81. 1997..Becker muscular dystrophies indicates that the increase in the alpha7beta1 integrin is regulated at the level of alpha7 gene transcription...
- Spatial and temporal expression of the beta1D integrin during mouse developmentA van Der Flier
Division of Cell Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Dev Dyn 210:472-86. 1997..The switch from the beta1A to the beta1D subunit in cardiac muscle cells coincides with the expression of alpha7. In adults there is a distinct concentration of beta1D at the myotendinous junctions of muscle fibers and at ..
- Functional expression of the alpha 7 integrin receptor in differentiated smooth muscle cellsC C Yao
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Cell Sci 110:1477-87. 1997Expression of the alpha7 integrin is developmentally regulated and is thought to be tissue-specific for both skeletal and cardiac muscles...
- Differential expression of alpha-6 and other subunits of laminin binding integrins during development of the murine heartB P Hierck
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Dev Dyn 206:100-11. 1996..This study suggests a distinct role for alpha-6-beta-1 in the heart and provides insight concerning probably important roles of integrins and their extracellular matrix ligands during embryonic development...
- Identification and characterization of the cell type-specific and developmentally regulated alpha7 integrin gene promoterB L Ziober
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0512, USA
J Biol Chem 271:22915-22. 1996Expression of alpha7 is mainly confined to skeletal and cardiac muscle in which it appears to be the major laminin-binding integrin. When myoblasts differentiate to myotubes, alpha7 mRNA and protein expression is up-regulated...
- Differential expression of laminin chain-specific mRNA transcripts during mouse preimplantation embryo developmentC Shim
Department of Molecular Biology, Seoul National University, South Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 44:44-55. 1996..The uterine environment enclosing the preimplantation embryos appears, therefore, to play an important role in the regulation of laminin gene expression during blastocyst development...
- Processing of ADP-ribosylated integrin alpha 7 in skeletal muscle myotubesA Zolkiewska
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1434, USA
J Biol Chem 270:9227-33. 1995b>Integrin alpha 7 is a major substrate in skeletal muscle cells for the cell surface, glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored, arginine-specific ADP-ribosyltransferase...
- H36-alpha 7 is a novel integrin alpha chain that is developmentally regulated during skeletal myogenesisW K Song
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Cell Biol 117:643-57. 1992..We conclude that H36-alpha 7 is a novel alpha integrin laminin binding protein whose expression is developmentally regulated during skeletal myogenesis...
- Alpha7 integrin mediates neurite outgrowth of distinct populations of adult sensory neuronsNatalie J Gardiner
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 28:229-40. 2005..Following sciatic nerve crush, alpha7 integrin is expressed by medium-large diameter, NF200-immunoreactive (IR), and medium diameter, CGRP-IR, neurons, ..
- TGF-beta 1 regulates adhesion of mucosal mast cell homologues to laminin-1 through expression of integrin alpha 7Anne Rosbottom
Department of Veterinary Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian, UK EH25 9RG
J Immunol 169:5689-95. 2002..05), demonstrating a novel role for this molecule in adhesion of a hemopoietic cell to laminin-1...
- Schwann cells synthesize alpha7beta1 integrin which is dispensable for peripheral nerve development and myelinationS C Previtali
Neuropathology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Mol Cell Neurosci 23:210-8. 2003..The expression of alpha7 appears postnatally, such that alpha7beta1 is the last laminin receptor expressed by differentiating Schwann cells...
- Expression of laminin receptors in schwann cell differentiation: evidence for distinct rolesStefano C Previtali
Neuropathology Unit, Department of Neuroscience and DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 23:5520-30. 2003..These data suggest that the action of laminin is mediated by beta1 integrins during axonal sorting and by dystroglycan, alpha6beta1, and alpha6beta4 integrins during myelination...
- Integrin requirement for hippocampal synaptic plasticity and spatial memoryChi Shing Chan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci 23:7107-16. 2003..These results demonstrate that several different integrins are involved in physiological plasticity and provide the first evidence of their requirement for behavioral plasticity in vertebrates...
- Lineage allocation and asymmetries in the early mouse embryoJanet Rossant
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:1341-8; discussion 1349. 2003....
- Regulation of alpha7 integrin expression during muscle differentiationJianqiao Xiao
Departments of Stomatology and Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0422, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49780-8. 2003Expression of the laminin-binding alpha7 integrin is tightly regulated during myogenic differentiation, reflecting required functions that range from cell motility to formation of stable myotendinous junctions...
- Beta1-integrins are critical for cerebellar granule cell precursor proliferationSandra Blaess
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 24:3402-12. 2004....
- The LIM-only proteins FHL2 and FHL3 interact with alpha- and beta-subunits of the muscle alpha7beta1 integrin receptorThomas Samson
Lehrstuhl für Experimentelle Medizin I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Glückstrasse 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:28641-52. 2004..However, in cardiac and skeletal muscles, FHL2 and FHL3, respectively, are colocalized with alpha(7)beta(1) integrin receptor at the periphery of Z-discs, suggesting a role in mechanical stabilization of muscle cells...
- Genetic compensation for sarcoglycan loss by integrin alpha7beta1 in muscleMichael J Allikian
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cell Sci 117:3821-30. 2004..Mice lacking integrin alpha7 develop mild muscle degeneration, while sarcoglycan mutant mice display overt muscle degeneration and muscular ..
- ADP-ribosylation of integrin alpha7 modulates the binding of integrin alpha7beta1 to lamininZhefeng Zhao
Department of Biochemistry, Kansas State University, 104 Willard Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Biochem J 385:309-17. 2005The extracellular domain of integrin alpha7 is ADP-ribosylated by an arginine-specific ecto-ADP-ribosyltransferase after adding exogenous NAD+ to intact C2C12 skeletal muscle cells...
- Integrins in the mouse myotome: developmental changes and differences between the epaxial and hypaxial lineageFernanda Bajanca
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Centro de Biologia Ambiental, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Dev Dyn 231:402-15. 2004..Here, we describe the expression patterns of the alpha1, alpha4, alpha5, alpha6, and alpha7 integrin subunits in the mouse myotome and correlate them with the expression of several differentiation markers...
- Force transmission, compliance, and viscoelasticity are altered in the alpha7-integrin-null mouse diaphragmM A Lopez
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C282-9. 2005Alpha7beta1 integrin is a transmembrane structural and receptor protein of skeletal muscles, and the absence of alpha7-integrin causes muscular dystrophy...
- Placental defects in alpha7 integrin null miceJ V Welser
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Placenta 28:1219-28. 2007..Loss of the alpha7 integrin chain results in partial embryonic lethality...
- Integrin repertoire on myogenic cells changes during the course of primary myogenesis in the mouseAna Sofia Cachaço
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Centro de Biologia Ambiental, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Dev Dyn 232:1069-78. 2005..Thus, myogenic cells change their integrin expression pattern during the course of primary myogenesis in the mouse, suggesting different roles for fibronectin- and laminin-containing matrices in this process...
- Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocystDan Strumpf
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Ontario, Canada
Development 132:2093-102. 2005..Thus, Cdx2 is essential for segregation of the ICM and TE lineages at the blastocyst stage by ensuring repression of Oct4 and Nanog in the TE...
- An intrinsic distinction in neuromuscular junction assembly and maintenance in different skeletal musclesSan Pun
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Neuron 34:357-70. 2002..Our results show that postsynaptic differentiation processes intrinsic to FaSyn and DeSyn muscles influence the formation of NMJs during development and their maintenance in the adult...
- Alpha7beta1-integrin regulates mechanotransduction and prevents skeletal muscle injuryMarni D Boppart
Dept of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1660-5. 2006..These experiments provide the first evidence that alpha7beta1-integrin is a negative regulator of mechanotransduction in vivo and provides resistance to exercise-induced muscle damage...
- Absence of alpha 7 integrin in dystrophin-deficient mice causes a myopathy similar to Duchenne muscular dystrophyChun Guo
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:989-98. 2006..Absence of either dystrophin or alpha7 integrin results in a muscular dystrophy...
- Severe muscular dystrophy in mice that lack dystrophin and alpha7 integrinJachinta E Rooney
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada, Reno, 89557, USA
J Cell Sci 119:2185-95. 2006..Mutations in the alpha7 integrin gene cause congenital myopathy in humans and mice...
- Cytoplasmic gamma-actin expression in diverse animal models of muscular dystrophyLaurin M Hanft
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, United States
Neuromuscul Disord 17:569-74. 2007..other dystrophic animal models, including mice deficient in beta-sarcoglycan, alpha-dystrobrevin, laminin-2, or alpha7 integrin...
- Distinct acidic clusters and hydrophobic residues in the alternative splice domains X1 and X2 of alpha7 integrins define specificity for laminin isoformsHelga von der Mark
Department of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Biol 371:1188-203. 2007..different laminin isoforms is defined by the X1 and X2 splice domains located in the beta-propeller domain of the alpha7 subunit...
- Loss of the alpha7 integrin promotes extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation and altered vascular remodelingJennifer V Welser
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Circ Res 101:672-81. 2007..In this study, we show that loss of the alpha7 integrin in VSMCs results in activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase and translocation of the ..
- Secondary reduction of alpha7B integrin in laminin alpha2 deficient congenital muscular dystrophy supports an additional transmembrane link in skeletal muscleR D Cohn
Department of Pediatrics, University of Essen, Germany
J Neurol Sci 163:140-52. 1999..The main binding partners of the alpha7 integrin are laminin-1 (alpha1-beta1-gamma1), laminin-2 (alpha2-beta1-gamma1) and laminin-4 (alpha2-beta2-gamma1)...
- Alpha7 integrin expression is negatively regulated by deltaEF1 during skeletal myogenesisPoonam Jethanandani
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0640, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36037-46. 2005b>Alpha7 integrin levels increase dramatically as myoblasts differentiate to myotubes. A negative regulatory element with putative sites for deltaEF1 is present in the alpha7 proximal promoter region...
- Expression of a developmentally regulated antigen on the surface of skeletal and cardiac muscle cellsS J Kaufman
J Cell Biol 100:1977-87. 1985..We conclude that H36 is a muscle-specific, developmentally regulated cell-surface antigen that may have a role in myoblast differentiation and that can be used to determine the embryonic lineages of skeletal and cardiac muscle...
- Trophoblast-specific expression and function of the integrin alpha 7 subunit in the peri-implantation mouse embryoE Klaffky
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0732, USA
Dev Biol 239:161-75. 2001..We have identified integrin alpha 7 beta 1 as a major receptor for trophoblast-laminin interactions during implantation and yolk sac placenta ..
- Def-6, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1, interacts with the skeletal muscle integrin chain alpha7A and influences myoblast differentiationThomas Samson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15730-42. 2007Integrin alpha7beta1 is the major laminin binding integrin receptor of muscle cells. The alpha7 chain occurs in several splice isoforms, of which alpha7A and alpha7B differ in their intracellular domains only...