Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Iqgap1
Description: IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein 1
Alias: AA682088, D7Ertd237e, D7Ertd257e, mKIAA0051, ras GTPase-activating-like protein IQGAP1, Cdc42-Rac1 effector protein
- Gastric hyperplasia in mice lacking the putative Cdc42 effector IQGAP1S Li
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:697-701. 2000Human IQGAP1 is a widely expressed 190-kDa Cdc42-, Rac1-, and calmodulin-binding protein that interacts with F-actin in vivo and that can cross-link F-actin microfilaments in vitro...
- IQGAP1 promotes cell motility and invasionJennifer M Mataraza
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41237-45. 2003..The scaffolding protein IQGAP1 binds to Cdc42, increasing the amount of active Cdc42 both in vitro and in cells...
- IQGAP1 scaffold-kinase interaction blockade selectively targets RAS-MAP kinase-driven tumorsKatherine L Jameson
Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Med 19:626-30. 2013..MAPK scaffolds, such as IQ motif-containing GTPase activating protein 1 (IQGAP1), assemble pathway kinases to affect signal transmission, and disrupting scaffold function therefore offers an ..
- IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 regulates beta-catenin at membrane ruffles and its role in macropinocytosis of N-cadherin and adenomatous polyposis coliManisha Sharma
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:8545-56. 2007..Here we show that beta-catenin co-localizes with IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 (IQGAP1), adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), and N-cadherin at actin-positive membrane ruffles in NIH 3T3 fibroblasts...
- Dia1 and IQGAP1 interact in cell migration and phagocytic cup formationDominique T Brandt
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 178:193-200. 2007..In this study, we identify the cytoskeletal scaffold protein IQGAP1 as a Dia1-binding protein that is necessary for its subcellular location...
- IQGAP1 modulates activation of B-RafJian Guo Ren
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10465-9. 2007b>IQGAP1 modulates several cellular functions, including cell-cell adhesion, transcription, cytoskeletal architecture, and selected signaling pathways...
- Gene expression of IQGAPs and Ras families in an experimental mouse model for hepatocellular carcinoma: a mechanistic study of cancer progressionKhairy M A Zoheir
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University P O Box 2457, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Department of Cell Biology, National Research Centre 12622 Cairo, Egypt
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8821-31. 2015..The genetic expressions of IQGAP1, IQGAP2, IQGAP3, Hras, Kras, Nras, Mras, Caspase3, and BAX were followed in both hepatocellular carcinoma and ..
- The PTB domain of ShcA couples receptor activation to the cytoskeletal regulator IQGAP1Matthew J Smith
Ontario Cancer Institute, MaRS TMDT, Toronto, Canada
EMBO J 29:884-96. 2010..Using mass spectrometry, we identified the multidomain scaffold IQGAP1 as a ShcA-interacting protein...
- The scaffolding protein IQGAP1 co-localizes with actin at the cytoplasmic face of the nuclear envelope: implications for cytoskeletal regulationMichael A Johnson
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research University of Sydney Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital Westmead, Australia
Bioarchitecture 2:138-42. 2012b>IQGAP1 is an important cytoskeletal regulator, known to act at the plasma membrane to bundle and cap actin filaments, and to tether the cortical actin meshwork to microtubules via plus-end binding proteins...
- IQGAP1 links PDGF receptor-β signal to focal adhesions involved in vascular smooth muscle cell migration: role in neointimal formation after vascular injuryTakashi Kohno
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 305:C591-600. 2013..We previously identified IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 (IQGAP1) as a novel VEGF receptor 2 binding scaffold protein involved in endothelial migration...
- IQGAP1 expression in spared CA1 neurons after an excitotoxic lesion in the mouse hippocampusMin Hee Yi
Department of Anatomy, Brain Research Institute, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, 301 747, South Korea
Cell Mol Neurobiol 33:1003-12. 2013..IQ-domain GTPase-activating proteins (IQGAP1), is an effector of Rac1 and Cdc42 and an actin-binding protein, was upregulated in CA1 pyramidal neurons after ..
- The Hippo signaling pathway is required for salivary gland development and its dysregulation is associated with Sjogren's syndromeTone B Enger
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Lab Invest 93:1203-18. 2013..Our studies show that Hippo signaling has a crucial role in SMG-branching morphogenesis and provide evidence that defects in this pathway are associated with SS in humans. ..
- Activated Cdc42-bound IQGAP1 determines the cellular endocytic siteToshihide Kimura
Department of Pharmacology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Hasama, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 33:4834-43. 2013..In the present study, we identified IQGAP1 as a novel GDP-bound-Rab27a-interacting protein...
- Bile acids activate YAP to promote liver carcinogenesisSayeepriyadarshini Anakk
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL 61801, USA Electronic address
Cell Rep 5:1060-9. 2013..Bile acids act as upstream regulators of YAP via a pathway dependent on the induction of the scaffold protein IQGAP1. Patients with diverse biliary dysfunctions exhibit enhanced IQGAP1 and nuclear YAP expression...
- Rac-1 and IQGAP are potential regulators of E-cadherin-catenin interactions during murine preimplantation developmentDavid R Natale
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology University of Western Ontario, Ontario, London, Canada N6A 5C1
Gene Expr Patterns 2:17-22. 2002..IQGAP-1 and rac-1 protein distribution changes from predominantly plasma membrane associated to predominantly cytoplasmic as the embryo progresses through cleavage divisions and compaction to the blastocyst stage...
- Rac-1 and IQGAP are potential regulators of E-cadherin-catenin interactions during murine preimplantation developmentDavid R Natale
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Mech Dev 119:S21-6. 2002..IQGAP-1 and rac-1 protein distribution changes from predominantly plasma membrane associated to predominantly cytoplasmic as the embryo progresses through cleavage divisions and compaction to the blastocyst stage...
- KLHL40 deficiency destabilizes thin filament proteins and promotes nemaline myopathyAnkit Garg
J Clin Invest 124:3529-39. 2014..Loss of sarcomere thin filament proteins is a frequent cause of NM; therefore, our data that KLHL40 stabilizes NEB and LMOD3 provide a potential basis for the development of NM in KLHL40-deficient patients. ..
- EGFR controls IQGAP basolateral membrane localization and mitotic spindle orientation during epithelial morphogenesisInmaculada Bañón-Rodríguez
Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 33:129-45. 2014..we have used the 3D-MDCK model system to demonstrate a key role for a newly identified protein complex formed by IQGAP1 and the epithelial growth factor receptor (EGFR) in controlling the orientation of the mitotic spindle...
- IQGAP1 is a key node within the small GTPase networkGuillaume Jacquemet
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research Faculty of Life Sciences University of Manchester Manchester, UK
Small Gtpases 4:199-207. 2013..Specifically, we identify the scaffolding protein IQGAP1 as a master regulator of multiple small GTPases, including Cdc42, Rac1, Rap1, and RhoA...
- Interaction of Moloney murine leukemia virus matrix protein with IQGAPJuliana Leung
Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular, and Biophysical Studies, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
EMBO J 25:2155-66. 2006The matrix protein (MA) of the Moloney murine leukemia virus (M-MuLV) was found to interact with IQGAP1, a prominent regulator of the cytoskeleton...
- IQGAP1 mediates angiotensin II-induced apoptosis of podocytes via the ERK1/2 MAPK signaling pathwayYipeng Liu
Division of Nephrology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Am J Nephrol 38:430-44. 2013..IQ domain GTPase-activating protein 1 (IQGAP1) is a scaffolding protein of the mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) signaling pathway, and plays a ..
- IQGAP1 suppresses TβRII-mediated myofibroblastic activation and metastatic growth in liverChunsheng Liu
GI Research Unit and Cancer Cell Biology Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1138-56. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein 1 (IQGAP1) binds to TGF-β receptor II (TβRII) and suppresses TβRII-mediated signaling in pericytes to prevent ..
- IQGAP1: A microtubule-microfilament scaffolding protein with multiple roles in nerve cell development and synaptic plasticityIgnacio Jausoro
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Instituto Investigación Médica Mercedes y Martín Ferreyra INIMEC CONICET, Cordoba, Argentina
Histol Histopathol 27:1385-94. 2012..article, we review our current understanding of the biology of IQ domain-containing GTPase-Activating Protein 1, IQGAP1, a scaffolding protein with multiple binding partners, which is widely expressed among different cell types, ..
- The cytoskeletal adaptor protein IQGAP1 regulates TCR-mediated signaling and filamentous actin dynamicsJacquelyn A Gorman
Department of Immunology, Schulze Center for Novel Therapeutics, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
J Immunol 188:6135-44. 2012The Ras GTPase-activating-like protein IQGAP1 is a multimodular scaffold that controls signaling and cytoskeletal regulation in fibroblasts and epithelial cells...
- IQGAP1 is necessary for pulmonary vascular barrier protection in murine acute lung injury and pneumoniaM Bhattacharya
Lung Biology Center, UCSF, Rock Hall, Rm 545, 1550 4th St, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L12-9. 2012..we used mass spectrometric sequencing of integrin complexes to isolate the novel β(3)-integrin binding partner IQGAP1. Like integrin β(3), IQGAP1 localized to the endothelial cell-cell junction after sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P) ..
- IQGAP proteins reveal an atypical phosphoinositide (aPI) binding domain with a pseudo C2 domain foldMiles J Dixon
Division of Cell Signalling and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow St, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:22483-96. 2012..This module is defined by a C-terminal 105-107 amino acid region of which IQGAP1 and -2, but not IQGAP3, binds preferentially to phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PtdInsP(3))...
- DGKζ is involved in LPS-activated phagocytosis through IQGAP1/Rac1 pathwayMasashi Okada
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 420:479-84. 2012..In this study, we identified a small GTPase effector protein, IQGAP1, as a novel DGKζ-associated complex protein...
- IQGAP1: a regulator of intracellular spacetime relativitySubramaniam Malarkannan
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology and Immunotherapy, Blood Research Institute, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Immunol 188:2057-63. 2012..Among many, IQGAP1 is one of the essential scaffolding proteins that coordinate multiple signaling pathways...
- Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium usurps the scaffold protein IQGAP1 to manipulate Rac1 and MAPK signallingHugh Kim
Department of Translational Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochem J 440:309-18. 2011..However, the precise mechanisms by which Salmonella induces cytoskeletal changes remain undefined. IQGAP1 (IQ motif-containing GTPase-activating protein 1) is a scaffold protein that binds multiple proteins including ..
- ERK1/2 activation in heart is controlled by melusin, focal adhesion kinase and the scaffold protein IQGAP1Mauro Sbroggiò
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, Molecular Biotechnology Center, Via Nizza, 52, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:3515-24. 2011..we demonstrate that both focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and IQ motif-containing GTPase activating protein 1 (IQGAP1), a scaffold protein for the ERK1/2 signalling cascade, are part of the melusin complex and are required for ERK1/..
- IQGAP1 is involved in post-ischemic neovascularization by regulating angiogenesis and macrophage infiltrationNorifumi Urao
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13440. 2010..b>IQGAP1, an actin-binding scaffold protein, is a key regulator for actin cytoskeleton and motility...
- A dual role for IQGAP1 in regulating exocytosisEric N Rittmeyer
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 2703, USA
J Cell Sci 121:391-403. 2008..been identified as a positional marker linking polarity and exocytosis cues, studies on its mammalian counterpart, IQGAP1, have focused on its role in organizing cytoskeletal architecture, for which the underlying mechanism is unclear...
- The zinc- and calcium-binding S100B interacts and co-localizes with IQGAP1 during dynamic rearrangement of cell membranesGaelh Ouengue Mbele
Département Réponse et Différenciation Cellulaires du Commissariat à l Energie Atomique CEA, INSERM EMI 0104 DRDC TS, Grenoble 38054, France
J Biol Chem 277:49998-50007. 2002..We have identified the IQGAP1 protein as the major cytoplasmic S100B target protein in different rat and human glial cell lines in the presence ..
- A shear-restricted pathway of platelet procoagulant activity is regulated by IQGAP1Wadie F Bahou
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8151, USA wbahou notes cc sunysb edu
J Biol Chem 279:22571-7. 2004..We describe a novel intracellular signaling mechanism involving platelet IQGAP1 that specifically regulates the development of platelet procoagulant activity under conditions of mechanical shear ..
- Distinct PAR/IQGAP expression patterns during murine development: implications for thrombin-associated cytoskeletal reorganizationLisa D Cupit
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 8151, USA
Mamm Genome 15:618-29. 2004..These data provide a panoramic survey of PAR/ IQGAP expression as an initial approach to dissect thrombin signaling pathways linked to cytoskeletal reorganization...
- Characterization of the interactions of the nephrin intracellular domainXiao Li Liu
Divisions of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS J 272:228-43. 2005..Peptide mass fingerprinting and amino acid sequencing identified this protein as IQGAP1, an effector protein of small GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42 and a putative regulator of cell-cell adherens junctions...
- Calcium-dependent interaction of Lis1 with IQGAP1 and Cdc42 promotes neuronal motilityStanislav S Kholmanskikh
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:50-7. 2006..Lis1 promotes Cdc42 activation through interaction with the calcium sensitive GTPase scaffolding protein IQGAP1, maintaining the perimembrane localization of IQGAP1 and CLIP170 and thereby tethering microtubule ends to the ..
- IQGAP1 regulates adult neural progenitors in vivo and vascular endothelial growth factor-triggered neural progenitor migration in vitroLaurent Balenci
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 873, Laboratoire Transduction du Signal, F 38054 Grenoble, France
J Neurosci 27:4716-24. 2007..In the present study, we report a modulating role for the scaffolding protein IQGAP1 in neural progenitor migration...
- N-cadherin regulates cytoskeletally associated IQGAP1/ERK signaling and memory formationChristina Schrick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Asher Center for Depressive Disorders, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neuron 55:786-98. 2007..of a distinctive, cytoskeletally associated fraction of hippocampal Erk-1/2 and altered the distribution of IQGAP1, a scaffold protein linking cadherin-mediated cell adhesion to the cytoskeleton...
- Development of hepatocellular carcinoma in Iqgap2-deficient mice is IQGAP1 dependentValentina A Schmidt
Division of Hematology, HSC T15, Rm 040, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8151, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1489-502. 2008..age-dependent development of apoptosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), characterized by the overexpression of IQGAP1, the loss of membrane E-cadherin expression, the cytoplasmic translocation (and activation) of beta-catenin, and ..
- Dephosphorylation of the nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) transcription factor is regulated by an RNA-protein scaffold complexSonia Sharma
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Immune Disease Institute and Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11381-6. 2011..Combined knockdown of NRON and IQGAP1 increased NFAT dephosphorylation and nuclear import exclusively after stimulation, without affecting the rate of ..
- Site-specific expression of IQGAP1, a key mediator of cytoskeleton, in mouse renal tubulesLi Wen Lai
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, PO BOX 245022, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 56:659-66. 2008b>IQGAP1 is a multifunctional junction molecule that is involved in cell migration, proliferation, differentiation, cell polarity, and cell-cell adhesion...
- IQGAP1 integrates Ca2+/calmodulin and B-Raf signalingJian Guo Ren
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:22972-82. 2008..We previously documented that IQGAP1 is a scaffold in the MAPK cascade. IQGAP1 binds to and regulates the activities of ERK, MEK, and B-Raf...
- IQGAP3 regulates cell proliferation through the Ras/ERK signalling cascadeHisashi Nojima
Laboratory of Biological Science, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:971-8. 2008..Here we show that the IQGAP family, comprising IQGAP1, 2 and 3, underlies lateral cell-cell contacts of epithelial cells...
- Cdc42 protein acts upstream of IQGAP1 and regulates cytokinesis in mouse oocytes and embryosAnna Bielak-Zmijewska
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, University of Warsaw, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Dev Biol 322:21-32. 2008Cdc42 and Rac1 Rho family GTPases, and their interacting protein IQGAP1 are the key regulators of cell polarity...
- IQGAP1 regulates cell proliferation through a novel CDC42-mTOR pathwayJian Bin Wang
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Cell Sci 122:2024-33. 2009..b>IQGAP1, an effector of CDC42 GTPase has been implicated in the modulation of cell architecture, regulation of exocytosis ..
- Increased expression of angiogenic genes in the brains of mouse meg3-null embryosFrancesca E Gordon
Neuroendocrine Unit, Bulfinch 457B, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 151:2443-52. 2010..In conclusion, Meg3 may play an important role in control of vascularization in the brain and may function as a tumor suppressor in part by inhibiting angiogenesis...
- Rap1b facilitates NK cell functions via IQGAP1-mediated signalosomesAradhana Awasthi
Molecular Immunology, Blood Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Exp Med 207:1923-38. 2010..Upon activation, Rap1b colocalized with the scaffolding protein IQGAP1. This interaction facilitated sequential phosphorylation of B-Raf, C-Raf, and ERK1/2 and helped IQGAP1 to form a ..
- IQGAP1 regulates ERK1/2 and AKT signalling in the heart and sustains functional remodelling upon pressure overloadMauro Sbroggiò
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Molecular Biotechnology Center, Universita di Torino, Via Nizza 52, Turin, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 91:456-64. 2011..Here, we investigated the role of IQ motif-containing GTPase-activating protein 1 (IQGAP1), a scaffold for the ERK1/2 cascade, in heart function and remodelling in response to pressure overload.
- IQGAP1 regulates NR2A signaling, spine density, and cognitive processesCan Gao
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Asher Center for Study and Treatment of Depressive Disorders, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 31:8533-42. 2011..Here we identify the scaffolding protein IQGAP1 as a key regulator of dendritic spine number with a specific role in cognitive but not emotional or motivational ..
- IQGAP1 binds Rap1 and modulates its activityHa Won Jeong
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 282:20752-62. 2007b>IQGAP1 is a scaffolding protein involved in multiple fundamental cellular activities, including transcription, cell-cell attachment, and regulation of the cytoskeleton...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Natural Killer Cell ActivationSubramaniam Malarkannan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mechanisms identified here will not only have practical implications in tumor and graft immunity but will serve as models for other systems in which the responding cell must balance a number of activating and inhibitory inputs. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF PAR-3Lisa Cupit; Fiscal Year: 2004..The candidate's long-term goal is the pursuit of a career in academic medicine. ..
- Role of IQGAP2 in platelet thrombin signalingVALENTINA SCHMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..The candidate's long-term goal is the pursuit of a career in academic medical research. ..