Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il2ra
Description: interleukin 2 receptor, alpha chain
Alias: CD25, Il2r, Ly-43, interleukin-2 receptor subunit alpha, IL-2 receptor subunit alpha, IL-2-RA, IL-2R alpha chain, IL-2R subunit alpha, IL2-RA, p55 chain
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain regulates the size and content of the peripheral lymphoid compartmentD M Willerford
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 3:521-30. 1995..Thus, IL-2R alpha is essential for regulation of both the size and content of the peripheral lymphoid compartment, probably by influencing the balance between clonal expansion and cell death following lymphocyte activation...
- Immunologic self-tolerance maintained by activated T cells expressing IL-2 receptor alpha-chains (CD25). Breakdown of a single mechanism of self-tolerance causes various autoimmune diseasesS Sakaguchi
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO, Research and Development Corporation of Japan JRDC, Tsukuba Life Science Center
J Immunol 155:1151-64. 1995..CD4+ cells and less than 1% of CD8+ cells in normal unimmunized adult mice express the IL-2 receptor alpha-chain (CD25) molecules...
- Elf-1 and Stat5 bind to a critical element in a new enhancer of the human interleukin-2 receptor alpha geneP Lecine
INSERM U119, Marseille, France
Mol Cell Biol 16:6829-40. 1996..Our data demonstrate a major role of the GASd/EBSd element in IL-2R alpha regulation and suggest that the T-cell-specific Elf-1 factor can serve as a transcriptional repressor...
- Functional responses and apoptosis of CD25 (IL-2R alpha)-deficient T cells expressing a transgenic antigen receptorL Van Parijs
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 158:3738-45. 1997..processes, we have bred a class II-restricted TCR transgene into mice deficient in the alpha-chain of the IL-2R, CD25. We show that in response to Ag, T cells from these mice are unable to use IL-2 and, as a result, are less ..
- Regulatory CD4 T cells: expression of IL-2R alpha chain, resistance to clonal deletion and IL-2 dependencyM Papiernik
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, Paris France
Int Immunol 10:371-8. 1998We recently characterized a CD4+ T cell population expressing the IL-2R alpha chain (CD25), producing IL-10 and resisting clonal deletion induced by viral superantigen (vSAG) encoded by mouse mammary tumor virus [MMTV(SW)]...
- Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cellsR Moriggl
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Immunity 10:249-59. 1999..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells...
- The basis for IL-2-induced IL-2 receptor alpha chain gene regulation: importance of two widely separated IL-2 response elementsH P Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 15:159-72. 2001..Thus, the IL-2 inducibility of the IL-2Ralpha gene is unexpectedly mediated by two widely separated regulatory Stat5-dependent elements, located both upstream and downstream of the transcription initiation sites...
- Cutting edge: thymocyte-independent and thymocyte-dependent phases of epithelial patterning in the fetal thymusDavid B Klug
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
J Immunol 169:2842-5. 2002..However, thymocyte-derived signals are required during late fetal stages for continued development and maintenance of TEC subsets in the neonate and adult...
- Homeostasis of peripheral CD4+ T cells: IL-2R alpha and IL-2 shape a population of regulatory cells that controls CD4+ T cell numbersAfonso R M Almeida
Lymphocyte Population Biology, Unité de Recherche Associée Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 1961, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 169:4850-60. 2002..In chimeras reconstituted with bone marrow cells from IL-2Ralpha-deficient donors, restitution of a population of CD25(+)CD4(+) T cells prevents the chaotic accumulation of lymphoid cells, and rescues the mice from autoimmune disease ..
- CD4+CD25- T cells that express latency-associated peptide on the surface suppress CD4+CD45RBhigh-induced colitis by a TGF-beta-dependent mechanismTakatoku Oida
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:2516-22. 2003Murine CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory cells have been reported to express latency-associated peptide (LAP) and TGF-beta on the surface after activation, and exert regulatory function by the membrane-bound TGF-beta in vitro...
- Essential role for interleukin-2 for CD4(+)CD25(+) T regulatory cell development during the neonatal periodAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Exp Med 201:769-77. 2005Although many aspects of CD4(+)CD25(+) T regulatory (T(reg)) cell development remain largely unknown, signaling through the IL-2R represents one feature for the production of T(reg) cells...
- Development and function of agonist-induced CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in the absence of interleukin 2 signalingLouise M D'Cruz
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nat Immunol 6:1152-9. 2005Interleukin 2 signaling is believed to be critically involved in several aspects of CD25(+) CD4(+) regulatory T cell biology, such as intrathymic development, peripheral survival and suppressive function...
- A function for interleukin 2 in Foxp3-expressing regulatory T cellsJason D Fontenot
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1142-51. 2005..mice containing the Foxp3(gfp) knock-in allele that were genetically deficient in either IL-2 (Il2(-/-)) or CD25 (Il2ra(-/-))...
- Ontogeny, function, and peripheral homeostasis of regulatory T cells in the absence of interleukin-7Regis Peffault De Latour
Unité INSERM U 668, Unité du Développement des Lymphocytes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Blood 108:2300-6. 2006..and the premature involution of the thymus in IL-7-/- mice does not change the representation of the CD4+CD25+ T-cell compartment. In addition, CD4+CD25+ T cells expand in the absence of IL-7, without losing Foxp3 expression...
- Interleukin-2 signals during priming are required for secondary expansion of CD8+ memory T cellsMatthew A Williams
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 441:890-3. 2006..of autoimmunity, attributable to the central role of IL-2 in the generation, maintenance and function of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells...
- Indexation as a novel mechanism of lymphocyte homeostasis: the number of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells is indexed to the number of IL-2-producing cellsAfonso R M Almeida
Lymphocyte Population Biology Unit, Unite de Recherche Associee, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
J Immunol 177:192-200. 2006..We have investigated the mechanisms regulating CD4+CD25+ regulatory T (Treg) cell homeostasis...
- Interleukin-2 enhances CD4+ T cell memory by promoting the generation of IL-7R alpha-expressing cellsHans Dooms
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 204:547-57. 2007..Primed IL-2(-/-) or CD25(-/-) (IL-2Ralpha(-/-)) CD4(+) T cells, despite showing normal induction of activation markers and cell division, ..
- Function of the IL-2R for thymic and peripheral CD4+CD25+ Foxp3+ T regulatory cellsAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 1600 Northwest 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 178:4062-71. 2007IL-2 contributes to the production, function, and homeostasis of CD4+CD25+ T(reg) cells...
- OX40-mediated differentiation to effector function requires IL-2 receptor signaling but not CD28, CD40, IL-12Rbeta2, or T-betCortny A Williams
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Immunol 178:7694-702. 2007..Finally, we show that CD25-deficient CD4 T cells produce little IFN-gamma in the presence of OX40 costimulation compared with wild type, ..
- IL-2Rbeta links IL-2R signaling with Foxp3 expressionDavid M Soper
Immunology Program, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:1817-26. 2007..that the forkhead family member Foxp3 is a critical element in the differentiation and function of mouse CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells (Treg)...
- Prevention of acute and chronic allograft rejection with CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T lymphocytesOlivier Joffre
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U563, Tolerance and Autoimmunity section, Toulouse, F 31300 France
Nat Med 14:88-92. 2008..Here we show that in mice treated with clinically acceptable levels of irradiation, regulatory CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T cells stimulated in vitro with alloantigens induced long-term tolerance to bone marrow and subsequent skin ..
- Interleukin-2 and inflammation induce distinct transcriptional programs that promote the differentiation of effector cytolytic T cellsMatthew E Pipkin
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA Immune Disease Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 32:79-90. 2010..Thus, inflammation influences both effector and memory CTL differentiation, whereas persistent IL-2 stimulation promotes effector at the expense of memory CTL development...
- Prolonged interleukin-2Ralpha expression on virus-specific CD8+ T cells favors terminal-effector differentiation in vivoVandana Kalia
Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Immunity 32:91-103. 2010b>CD25, the high-affinity interleukin-2 (IL-2) receptor alpha chain, is rapidly upregulated by antigen-specific CD8(+) T cells after T cell receptor stimulation...
- IL-2/anti-IL-2 antibody complexes show strong biological activity by avoiding interaction with IL-2 receptor alpha subunit CD25Sven Létourneau
Division of Immunology and Allergy, University Hospital of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2171-6. 2010..We show that IL-2 receptor alpha (CD25) plays a crucial role in IL-2 homeostasis...
- Improved IL-2 immunotherapy by selective stimulation of IL-2 receptors on lymphocytes and endothelial cellsCarsten Krieg
Division of Immunology and Allergy, University Hospital of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11906-11. 2010..Notably, IL-2-mediated pulmonary edema was abrogated by a blocking antibody to IL-2Ralpha (CD25), genetic disruption of CD25, or the use of IL-2Rbetagamma-directed IL-2/anti-IL-2 antibody complexes, thereby ..
- STAT5 is a potent negative regulator of TFH cell differentiationRobert J Johnston
Division of Vaccine Discovery, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Exp Med 209:243-50. 2012..These results demonstrate that IL-2, STAT5, and Blimp-1 collaborate to negatively regulate T(FH) cell differentiation...
- Interleukin-2 inhibits germinal center formation by limiting T follicular helper cell differentiationAndré Ballesteros-Tato
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Immunity 36:847-56. 2012..Our data demonstrate that IL-2 is a critical factor that regulates successful Tfh and B cell responses in vivo and regulates Tfh cell development...
- Cytokine-dependent induction of CD4+ T cells with cytotoxic potential during influenza virus infectionLaiqing Hua
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Virol 87:11884-93. 2013..The potential implications for the functions of these cells are discussed. ..
- IL-2 coordinates IL-2-producing and regulatory T cell interplayInês F Amado
Unité de Biologie des Populations Lymphocytaires, Department of Immunology, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Exp Med 210:2707-20. 2013....
- Regulated expression and function of CD122 (interleukin-2/interleukin-15R-beta) during lymphoid developmentT Reya
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6076, USA
Blood 87:190-201. 1996..Together, these observations suggest that CD122 plays a role in regulating normal lymphocyte development in vivo...
- Therapeutic potential of self-antigen-specific CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells selected in vitro from a polyclonal repertoireSylvain Fisson
CNRS UMR 7087 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, CERVI, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 36:817-27. 2006CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells (Treg) play a major role in the prevention of autoimmune diseases...
- IL-2 receptor beta-dependent STAT5 activation is required for the development of Foxp3+ regulatory T cellsMatthew A Burchill
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 178:280-90. 2007..Finally, STAT5 binds to the promoter of the foxp3 gene suggesting that IL-2Rbeta-dependent STAT5 activation promotes Treg differentiation by regulating expression of foxp3...
- Mouse interleukin-2 receptor alpha gene expression. Delimitation of cis-acting regulatory elements in transgenic mice and by mapping of DNase-I hypersensitive sitesE Soldaini
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 270:10733-42. 1995..Two, at -0.05 and -5.3 kilobase pairs, are present in resting T cells. A third site appears at -1.35 kilobase pairs in activated T cells. It co-localizes with IL-2-responsive elements identified by transient transfection experiments...
- Mouse interleukin-2 receptor alpha gene expression. Interleukin-1 and interleukin-2 control transcription via distinct cis-acting elementsP Sperisen
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Epalinges
J Biol Chem 270:10743-53. 1995..IL-2 responsiveness requires three distinct elements within the enhancer. Two of these are potential binding sites for STAT proteins...
- Identification and cloning of a novel IL-15 binding protein that is structurally related to the alpha chain of the IL-2 receptorJ G Giri
Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
EMBO J 14:3654-63. 1995..IL-15R alpha is structurally similar to IL-2R alpha; together they define a new cytokine receptor family. The distribution of IL-15 and IL-15R alpha mRNA suggests that IL-15 may have biological activities distinct from IL-2...
- Heat-stable antigen/CD24 on mouse T lymphocytes: evidence for a costimulatory functionM Hubbe
Tumor Immunology Programme, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Immunol 24:731-7. 1994..The expression correlated with the appearance of CD25 and a CD2 activation epitope at the cell surface...
- Natural CD4 CD25(+) regulatory T cells control the burst of superantigen-induced cytokine production: the role of IL-10Christiane Pontoux
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Int Immunol 14:233-9. 2002In normal mice a subpopulation of CD4 T cells constitutively expresses the IL-2 receptor alpha chain (CD25)...
- Thymopoiesis requires Pax9 function in thymic epithelial cellsClaudia Hetzer-Egger
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 32:1175-81. 2002..Whereas expression of TCRbeta chain genes is readily detectable in the mutant thymus, no expression of the TCRgamma chain was detectable. Our results identify a new genetically defined control point of thymopoiesis...
- Missing self-recognition of Ocil/Clr-b by inhibitory NKR-P1 natural killer cell receptorsJames R Carlyle
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Cancer Research Laboratory, University of California, 485 Life Sciences Addition, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3527-32. 2004..Remarkably, Ocil/Clr-b is frequently down-regulated on mouse tumor cell lines, indicating a role for this receptor-ligand system in a new form of "missing self-recognition" of tumor cells...
- Down-regulation of myasthenogenic T cell responses by a dual altered peptide ligand via CD4+CD25+-regulated events leading to apoptosisHava Ben-David
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2028-33. 2005..We demonstrate here that s.c. administration of the dual APL up-regulates CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells that are characterized by up-regulated expression of cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen ..
- Complementary role of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells and TGF-beta in oral toleranceYeonseok Chung
Laboratory of Immunology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Korea
J Leukoc Biol 77:906-13. 2005CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells are thought to be generated in the periphery as well as in the thymus...
- The role of Fas in the immune system biology of IL-2R alpha knockout mice: interplay among regulatory T cells, inflammation, hemopoiesis, and apoptosisRahul Sharma
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0412, USA
J Immunol 175:1965-73. 2005..Consistent with a defect in CD4+CD25+ regulatory T (Treg) cell expression, spontaneous lymphocyte activation in lymphoid organs was observed in 6-wk-old ..
- Topically applied 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 enhances the suppressive activity of CD4+CD25+ cells in the draining lymph nodesShelley Gorman
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, Australia
J Immunol 179:6273-83. 2007..In this study, topically applied 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), enhanced the suppressive capacity of CD4(+)CD25(+) cells from the draining lymph nodes...
- The lymphopenic environment of CD132 (common gamma-chain)-deficient hosts elicits rapid homeostatic proliferation of naive T cells via IL-15Chris Ramsey
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 180:5320-6. 2008....
- IL-2 signaling prevents T cell anergy by inhibiting the expression of anergy-inducing genesMyrianne Dure
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Immunol 46:999-1006. 2009....
- Frequency of Foxp3+CD4CD25+ T cells is associated with the phenotypes of allergic asthmaKoichiro Matsumoto
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Respirology 14:187-94. 2009A forkhead/winged-helix family transcriptional repressor, Foxp3, is highly expressed on CD4(+)CD25(+) T regulatory cells. The role of Foxp3(+)CD4(+)CD25(+) T regulatory cells in asthma remains to be elucidated...
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells attenuate cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in miceHyojung Lee
Department of Physiology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Kidney Int 78:1100-9. 2010..Overall, CD4+ T cells mediate cisplatin-induced renal injury; however, the CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cell subset (CD4+CD25+ Treg) has broad suppressive effects on many different cell types...
- Distinct roles for IL-2 and IL-15 in the differentiation and survival of CD8+ effector and memory T cellsDiana M Mitchell
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Immunol 184:6719-30. 2010..These findings indicate a unique role for IL-2, but not IL-15, in promoting the differentiation not only of primary effector CD8+ T cells, but also of CD8+ memory T cells capable of secondary effector differentiation...
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate directly suppresses T cell proliferation through impaired IL-2 utilization and cell cycle progressionMunkyong Pae
Nutritional Immunology Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 140:1509-15. 2010..CD4(+) cells are more responsive to EGCG than CD8(+) cells. Future studies should determine the effect of EGCG on CD4(+) cell subsets to assess its application in T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases...
- Genome-wide association analysis in primary sclerosing cholangitis identifies two non-HLA susceptibility lociEspen Melum
Norwegian PSC Research Center, Clinic for Specialized Medicine and Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Nat Genet 43:17-9. 2011..We detected non-HLA associations at rs3197999 in MST1 and rs6720394 near BCL2L11 (combined P = 1.1 × 10⁻¹⁶ and P = 4.1 × 10⁻⁸, respectively)...
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell depletion modulates anxiety and depression-like behaviors in miceSoo Jeong Kim
Department of Physiology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e42054. 2012..CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T (Treg) cells are prominent in immune regulation...
- Natural CD8⁺25⁺ regulatory T cell-secreted exosomes capable of suppressing cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated immunity against B16 melanomaYufeng Xie
Cancer Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Division of Oncology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4H4, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:152-5. 2013..with 50-100 nm in diameter, contained EXO-associated markers LAMP-1 and CD9, and expressed natural Tr cell markers CD25 and GITR. To assess immunomodulatory effect, we i.v...
- Epigenetic modifications induced by Blimp-1 Regulate CD8⁺ T cell memory progression during acute virus infectionHyun Mu Shin
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Immunity 39:661-75. 2013..Silencing of Il2ra and Cd27 reduced the Blimp-1-deficient CD8⁺ T cell response...
- IL-18-induced expression of high-affinity IL-2R on murine NK cells is essential for NK-cell IFN-γ production during murine Plasmodium yoelii infectionKerstin A Stegmann
Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Department of Immunology and Infection, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 45:3431-40. 2015..vivo flow cytometry revealed that NK cells are activated within 24 h of Py17XNL blood-stage infection, expressing CD25 and producing IFN-γ; this response was blunted and delayed during PyYM infection...
- Glucosamine Modulates T Cell Differentiation through Down-regulating N-Linked Glycosylation of CD25Ming Wei Chien
From the Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, Department and Graduate Institute of Microbiology and Immunology
J Biol Chem 290:29329-44. 2015..impedes Th1, Th2, and iTreg but promotes Th17 differentiation through down-regulating N-linked glycosylation of CD25 and subsequently inhibiting its downstream Stat5 signaling in a dose-dependent manner...
- The transcriptional regulators Id2 and Id3 control the formation of distinct memory CD8+ T cell subsetsCliff Y Yang
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Immunol 12:1221-9. 2011..Furthermore, cytokines altered the expression of Id2 and Id3 differently, which provides insight into how external cues influence gene expression...
- The effects of leflunomide on CD4(+)CD25 (+)Foxp3 (+) T regulatory cells in mice receiving allogeneic bone marrow transplantationDi Jin
Transplantation Biology Research Division, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Inflamm Res 61:53-60. 2012..The effect of LEF on CD4(+)CD25(+)T regulatory cells (Treg) was determined in a mouse model of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
- Mapping HSA10 homologous loci in cattleD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Cytogenet Cell Genet 57:123-6. 1991..The genes mapped include: vimentin (VIM) on HSA10 and MMU2; interleukin 2 receptor (IL2R) on HSA10 and MMU?; ornithine aminotransferase (OAT) on HSA10 and MMU7; hexokinase 1 (HK1) on HSA10 and MMU10; ..
- The murine IL 2 receptor. I. Monoclonal antibodies that define distinct functional epitopes on activated T cells and react with activated B cellsG Ortega
J Immunol 133:1970-5. 1984..Collectively, the results support the hypothesis that these antibodies detect two distinct functional regions of the IL 2 receptor...
- Differential T cell costimulatory requirements in CD28-deficient miceA Shahinian
Department of Medical Biophysics and Immunology, University of Toronto, Canada
Science 261:609-12. 1993..Thus, CD28 is not required for all T cell responses in vivo, suggesting that alternative costimulatory pathways may exist...
- Three distinct IL-2 signaling pathways mediated by bcl-2, c-myc, and lck cooperate in hematopoietic cell proliferationT Miyazaki
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Cell 81:223-31. 1995..These studies demonstrate a novel approach to dissecting signaling pathways regulating cellular proliferation...
- IL-2 receptor alpha chain expression during early B lymphocyte differentiationJ Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA
Int Immunol 6:1265-8. 1994..Its potential function in early B cell differentiation is discussed in comparison with its role in thymocyte differentiation...
- Definition and spatial location of mouse interleukin-2 residues that interact with its heterotrimeric receptorS M Zurawski
DNAX Research Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1104
EMBO J 12:5113-9. 1993..The relative spatial locations of these three surfaces are different from the two receptor binding sites known for the structurally related human growth hormone and the significance of this observation is discussed...
- Genetic mapping of the interleukin 1 receptor alpha and beta chain genes in the mouseC A Kozak
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0460, USA
Mamm Genome 6:823-4. 1995
- Impaired IgG-dependent anaphylaxis and Arthus reaction in Fc gamma RIII (CD16) deficient miceW L Hazenbos
Department of Immunology, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
Immunity 5:181-8. 1996..These results indicate a prominent role for Fc gamma RIII in inflammatory and anaphylactic responses, making this receptor a potential target in immunotherapy...
- Nitrous oxide antinociception in BXD recombinant inbred mouse strains and identification of quantitative trait lociR M Quock
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford 61107 1897, USA
Brain Res 725:23-9. 1996..01 level on seven chromosomes with the most promising marker loci being Il2ra, Hbb, Hmg1rs7 and Gsl5 on chromosomes 2, 7, 16 and 19, respectively (P < 0.002).
- Elf-1 contributes to the function of the complex interleukin (IL)-2-responsive enhancer in the mouse IL-2 receptor alpha geneI Serdobova
Lymphocyte Biology Unit, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges, France
J Exp Med 185:1211-21. 1997....
- Ablation of cerebellar Golgi cells disrupts synaptic integration involving GABA inhibition and NMDA receptor activation in motor coordinationD Watanabe
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Cell 95:17-27. 1998..Furthermore, this integration can adapt after Golgi cell elimination so as not to evoke overexcitation by the reduction of NMDA receptors...
- Disruption of integrin function in the murine myocardium leads to perinatal lethality, fibrosis, and abnormal cardiac performanceR S Keller
Department of Physiology, UCLA School of Medicine, Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1751, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1079-90. 2001..These data support an important role for beta(1) integrin in normal cardiac function...
- Induction of interleukin-2 receptor alpha (IL-2Ralpha) expression by interleukin-2: important role of the interleukin-2 receptor beta chain region between the two Stat5 docking sitesVeronique Imbert
Lymphocyte Biology Unit, ISREC 155 ch des Boveresses, CH 1006 Epalinges Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Cytokine Netw 13:331-9. 2002..These data suggest that the segment between the two Stat5 docking sites of the IL-2Rbeta chain mediates signaling events that, together with Stat5 activation, are essential for the stimulation of IL-2Ralpha gene transcription...
- An IL-4-independent and CD25-mediated function of c-maf in promoting the production of Th2 cytokinesEun Sook Hwang
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13026-30. 2002..Here, we provide evidence demonstrating that c-maf, independent of IL-4, is essential for normal induction of CD25 in developing Th2 cells...
- Fas is not essential for lamina propria T lymphocyte homeostasisDavid L Boone
Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Center, Committee on Immunology, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G382-8. 2003..Thus our studies reveal that Fas is dispensable for LP T cell homeostasis and suggest that the intestinal inflammation observed in IL2Ralpha-/- mice is independent of defective Fas-induced cell death...
- IL-2 is not required for the initiation of CD8 T cell cycling but sustains expansionWarren N D'Souza
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 171:5727-35. 2003..Thus, activated CD8 T cells initially undergo IL-2-independent proliferation, but reach a critical juncture where the requirement for IL-2 as a growth factor gains prominence...
- STAT4 is required for interleukin-12-induced chromatin remodeling of the CD25 locusAudrey O'Sullivan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7339-45. 2004..IL-12 stimulated increases in IL-2 receptor alpha chain gene (CD25) mRNA levels and surface expression require STAT4...
- STAT5 is required for thymopoiesis in a development stage-specific mannerJoonsoo Kang
Department of Pathology, Graduate Program in Immunology and Virology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Immunol 173:2307-14. 2004....
- BAFF binding to T cell-expressed BAFF-R costimulates T cell proliferation and alloresponsesQunrui Ye
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute and Biesecker Pediatric Liver Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:2750-9. 2004..Taken together, these data indicate the BAFF/BAFF-R pathway contributes to both T and B cell responses and may be an attractive target for control of acute and chronic allograft rejection...
- Peyer's patch dendritic cells capturing oral antigen interact with antigen-specific T cells and induce gut-homing CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in Peyer's patchesKatsuya Nagatani
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1029:366-70. 2004..DCs that captured oral antigen interacted with these T cells in the IFR of PP. Some of these T cells acquired a similar phenotype to CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells and CCR9(+) gut-homing T cells.
- Definition of target antigens for naturally occurring CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cellsHiroyoshi Nishikawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Exp Med 201:681-6. 2005The antigenic targets recognized by naturally occurring CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells (T reg cells) have been elusive...
- Dynamics of CD4+CD25+ T cells in spleens and mesenteric lymph nodes of mice infected with Schistosoma japonicumXiao Ping Cai
Department of Pathogenic Biology, Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Modern Pathogenic Biology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 38:299-304. 2006CD4+CD25+ T cells play a major role in modulating immune response, but few reports have been published about schistosomiasis...
- Origin and T cell receptor diversity of Foxp3+CD4+CD25+ T cellsRafal Pacholczyk
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Immunity 25:249-59. 2006Foxp3(+)CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells can differentiate from Foxp3(-)CD4(+) medullary thymocytes and Foxp3(-)CD4(+) naive T cells...
- Role of IFN-gamma in induction of Foxp3 and conversion of CD4+ CD25- T cells to CD4+ TregsZhaojun Wang
Joint Immunology Laboratory of Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, and Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Clin Invest 116:2434-41. 2006..provide what we believe is new evidence indicating that IFN-gamma is critically required for the conversion of CD4+ CD25- T cells to CD4+ Tregs during EAE...
- B-cell CD25 expression in murine primary and secondary lymphoid tissueS Amu
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 64:482-92. 2006B cells are in analogy with T cells capable of expressing functional IL-2 receptors. IL-2R alpha-chain (CD25) positive T cells have been studied in detail but not much is known about CD25 positive B cells...
- GATA-3 regulates the development and function of invariant NKT cellsPeter J Kim
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 177:6650-9. 2006..In addition, GATA-3 is also required for survival, activation, and effector functions of this unique population of T cells. Our data also reveal a previously unidentified peripheral maturation step that is GATA-3 dependent...
- Increased natural CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells and their suppressor activity do not contribute to mortality in murine polymicrobial sepsisPhilip O Scumpia
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Immunol 177:7943-9. 2006Regulatory T cells (Tregs), including natural CD4+CD25+ Tregs and inducible IL-10 producing T regulatory type 1 (T(R)1) cells, maintain tolerance and inhibit autoimmunity...
- Neuropilin 1 and CD25 co-regulation during early murine thymic differentiationCatherine Corbel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Comp Immunol 31:1082-94. 2007..the adult, NP1 is mainly expressed by CD4(-)CD8(-) double negative cells, CD4+CD8+ double positive cells, and CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells but barely detected in single CD4+ and CD8+ positive thymocytes...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..normally among the epithelial cells, however, they are severely impaired to proliferate and differentiate to CD25-positive cells...
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells selectively diminish systemic autoreactivity in arthritic K/BxN miceSang Mee Kang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Mol Cells 25:64-9. 2008..B cells specific to the self antigen glucose-6-phosphate isomerase, less is known about the in vivo roles of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T (T(reg)) cells in the pathology of K/BxN mice...
- A function for IL-7R for CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cellsAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Diabetes Research Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 181:225-34. 2008..IL-2- and IL-2R-deficient mice are not completely devoid of Foxp3+ cells, but rather lack population of mature CD4+CD25+Foxp3high Treg cells and contain few immature CD4+CD25-Foxp3low T cells...
- SCART scavenger receptors identify a novel subset of adult gammadelta T cellsJan Kisielow
Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Integrative Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Immunol 181:1710-6. 2008..Characterization of SCART2 positive immature and peripheral gammadelta T cells suggests that they undergo lineage specification in the thymus and belong to a new IL-17-producing subset with distinct homing capabilities...
- Hepatic stellate cells preferentially expand allogeneic CD4+ CD25+ FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in an IL-2-dependent mannerGuoping Jiang
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Transplantation 86:1492-502. 2008..We have shown that hepatic stellate cells (HpSC), well known to participate in liver repairing and fibrosis, mediate potent immunomodulatory functions through induction of activated T-cell death...
- Upregulating CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in pancreatic lymph nodes in diabetic NOD mice by adjuvant immunotherapyBole Tian
Department of Surgery and Diabetes Institute for Immunology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 87:198-206. 2009..We investigated whether CFA treatment up-regulates CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and increases transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 production in diabetic NOD mice.
- Local effector failure in mesothelioma is not mediated by CD4+ CD25+ T-regulator cellsC Jackaman
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Eur Respir J 34:162-75. 2009..Finally, removal of CD25(+) Tregs from the tumour site and lymphoid organs did not alter tumour growth with or without interleukin (IL)-2 or ..
- Activin a promotes the TGF-beta-induced conversion of CD4+CD25- T cells into Foxp3+ induced regulatory T cellsSamuel Huber
Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Immunol 182:4633-40. 2009TGF-beta induces the conversion of CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells into CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells (Treg). Activin A is a pleiotropic TGF-beta family member and is expressed in response to inflammatory signals...
- A positive feedback loop of IL-21 signaling provoked by homeostatic CD4+CD25- T cell expansion is essential for the development of arthritis in autoimmune K/BxN miceEunkyeong Jang
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
J Immunol 182:4649-56. 2009..In this study, we show that the homeostatically proliferating CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells produce IL-21...
- Flt3-L increases CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ICOS+ cells in the lungs of cockroach-sensitized and -challenged miceHalvor S McGee
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:331-40. 2010..These mice received three intraperitoneal injections of anti-CD25 antibody (PC61; 250 microg) and Flt3-L (3 microg) daily for 10 days...
- Kruppel-like factor KLF10 targets transforming growth factor-beta1 to regulate CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells and T regulatory cellsZhuoxiao Cao
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24914-24. 2009CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells (T regs) play a major role in the maintenance of self-tolerance and immune suppression, although the mechanisms controlling T reg development and suppressor function remain incompletely understood...
- Early signals during CD8 T cell priming regulate the generation of central memory cellsJoshua J Obar
Department of Immunology, Center for Integrated Immunology and Vaccine Research, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 185:263-72. 2010..Furthermore, the extent of early Ag availability, which regulated programmed death-1 and CD25 expression levels, controlled the T(CM)/T(EM) cell lineage decision ultimately through IL-2 and IL-15 signaling ..
- Th cells act via two synergistic pathways to promote antiviral CD8+ T cell responsesMelanie Wiesel
Institute for Microbiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Immunol 185:5188-97. 2010..Second, Th cells provide CD8(+) T cells with IL-2, thereby enhancing their survival. Thus, Th cells are at the center of an important communication loop with a central role for IL-2/IL-2R and bioactive IL-12...
- The transcription factor E4BP4 regulates the production of IL-10 and IL-13 in CD4+ T cellsYasutaka Motomura
Laboratory for Signal Network, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Japan
Nat Immunol 12:450-9. 2011..Our results indicate that E4BP4 has multiple functions in controlling the plasticity of IL-13 in T(H)1 cells and IL-10 in T(H)1 cells, T(H)2 cells, T(reg) cells and NKT cells...
- Mapping the gene for murine T-cell growth factor, Il-2, to bands B-C on chromosome 3 and for the alpha chain of the IL2-receptor, Il-2ra, to bands A2-A3 on chromosome 2G C Webb
Division of Clinical Sciences, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra
Cytogenet Cell Genet 54:164-8. 1990..The gene for the alpha chain of the IL2 receptor in the mouse, Il-2ra, localizes to bands 2A2 or 2A3 on Chromosome 2. This is the first assignment of a gene located on chromosome 10 in humans to Chromosome 2 in the mouse...
- The function of membrane vesiculation in CTLA-4-mediate*Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..To date there has been limited advancement on the ability to increase CTLA-4 function. The proposed model of CTLA-4 function would provide a novel means to increase CTLA-4-mediated inhibition in vivo. ..
- Determination of Mechanism of T cell Lineage CommittmentJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this application is to identify genes that determine T cell lineage fate. ..
- Mechanisms of CTLA-4 FunctionJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding these processes is critical for designing novel therapeutic approaches for vaccine development, autoimmune disease, and in transplant and tumor immunology. ..
- Targeting TLR/CLR to enhance immunoregulation and prevent or treat diabetes.Pascale Alard; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies have shown that CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell function is reduced in NOD mice and diabetic patients...
- Regulation of T cell development by SOX13Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, the genetic program controlling T cell lineage commitment and maturation will be determined, allowing a better understanding of leukemogenesis. ..
- Basal Ig Signaling and Receptor EditingMichael Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..