Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il1f5
Description: interleukin 1 family, member 5 (delta)
Alias: AI413231, Fil1delta, IL-36Ra, IL36RN, Il-1h3, Il1hy1, interleukin-36 receptor antagonist protein, IL-1 delta, IL-1F5, IL-1HY1, IL-1L1, interleukin 1 receptor antagonist homolog 1, interleukin-1 HY1, interleukin-1 delta, interleukin-1 family member 5, interleukin-1 homolog 3, interleukin-1-like protein 1
- Four new members expand the interleukin-1 superfamilyD E Smith
Immunex Corp, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Biol Chem 275:1169-75. 2000We report here the cloning and characterization of four new members of the interleukin-1 (IL-1) family (FIL1delta, FIL1epsilon, FIL1zeta, and FIL1eta, with FIL1 standing for "Family of IL-1")...
- Identification and initial characterization of four novel members of the interleukin-1 familyS Kumar
Department of Bone and Cartilage Biology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
J Biol Chem 275:10308-14. 2000..This suggests that IL-1H1 may be involved in pathogenesis of immune mediated disease processes. The addition of four novel IL-1 homologues suggests that the IL-1 family is significantly larger than previously thought...
- IL1HY1: A novel interleukin-1 receptor antagonist geneJ J Mulero
Functional Genomics Department, Immunology Group, Hyseq Inc, 670 Almanor Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:702-6. 1999..We have identified and characterized a novel member of the human interleukin-1 gene family (IL1HY1). The encoded protein demonstrates significant amino acid homology to the receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) at 52%...
- Two novel IL-1 family members, IL-1 delta and IL-1 epsilon, function as an antagonist and agonist of NF-kappa B activation through the orphan IL-1 receptor-related protein 2R Debets
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 167:1440-6. 2001....
- Genomic organization of the interleukin-1 locusScott L Taylor
Immunex Corporation, 51 University Street, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Genomics 79:726-33. 2002..There is a break in the mouse locus of > 100 kb, compared with the human locus, located between Il1b and the most centromere-proximal of the novel mouse genes. The mouse seems to be missing an ortholog of human IL1F7...
- IL-36 promotes myeloid cell infiltration, activation, and inflammatory activity in skinAlexander M Foster
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 and
J Immunol 192:6053-61. 2014..These data indicate that IL-36 cytokines actively propagate skin inflammation via the activation of keratinocytes, APC, and, indirectly, T cells. ..
- IL-1F5, -F6, -F8, and -F9: a novel IL-1 family signaling system that is active in psoriasis and promotes keratinocyte antimicrobial peptide expressionAndrew Johnston
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 186:2613-22. 2011..Collectively, our data suggest important roles for these novel cytokines in inflammatory skin diseases and identify these peptides as potential targets for antipsoriatic therapies...
- Opposing activities of two novel members of the IL-1 ligand family regulate skin inflammationHal Blumberg
Department of Inflammation, 2Department of Pathology, 3Department of Biostatistics, Amgen, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Exp Med 204:2603-14. 2007..Strikingly, the combination of the IL-1F6 transgene with an IL1F5 deficiency results in exacerbation of the skin phenotype, demonstrating that IL-1F5 has antagonistic activity in ..
- High-resolution structure of murine interleukin 1 homologue IL-1F5 reveals unique loop conformations for receptor binding specificityEleanor F Dunn
Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Biochemistry 42:10938-44. 2003..These studies give insights into how distinct receptor specificities can evolve within related cytokine families...
- A tissue specific IL-1 receptor antagonist homolog from the IL-1 cluster lacks IL-1, IL-1ra, IL-18 and IL-18 antagonist activitiesJ L Barton
Division of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, GB
Eur J Immunol 30:3299-308. 2000..We conclude, contrary to a recent suggestion made by others, that IL-1L1 is not a functional IL-1ra. IL-1L1 also had no detectable agonistic or antagonistic effect on IFN-gamma production in response to IL-18 in KG-1 cells...
- IL-36R ligands are potent regulators of dendritic and T cellsSolenne Vigne
Division of Rheumatology and Department of Pathology Immunology, University of Geneva School of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 118:5813-23. 2011..Our data thus indicate a critical role of IL-36R ligands in the interface between innate and adaptive immunity, leading to the stimulation of T helper responses...
- Interleukin-36 (IL-36) ligands require processing for full agonist (IL-36α, IL-36β, and IL-36γ) or antagonist (IL-36Ra) activityJennifer E Towne
Department of Inflammation Research, Amgen Incorporated, Seattle, Washington 98119, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42594-602. 2011..In addition, truncation of IL-36α, IL-36β, and IL-36γ dramatically enhances their activity, suggesting that post-translational processing is required for full activity...
- IL-36 signaling amplifies Th1 responses by enhancing proliferation and Th1 polarization of naive CD4+ T cellsSolenne Vigne
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Geneva School of Medicine, Switzerland
Blood 120:3478-87. 2012..Our findings point toward a critical function of IL-36 in the priming of Th1 cell responses in vitro, and in adaptive immunity in a model of mycobacterial infection in vivo...
- Psoriasiform dermatitis is driven by IL-36-mediated DC-keratinocyte crosstalkLuigi Tortola
Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, Molecular Biomedicine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 122:3965-76. 2012..Furthermore, IL-36R antagonist-deficient (Il36rn-/-) mice showed exacerbated pathology...
- Cdk8 is essential for preimplantation mouse developmentThomas Westerling
Genome Scale Biology Program and Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, P O Box 63, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 27:6177-82. 2007..As Cdk8 deficiency in cultured metazoan cells did not affect cell viability, the results suggest that transcriptional repression of genes critical for early-cell-fate determination underlies the requirement of Cdk8 in embryogenesis...
- IL-1F5 mediates anti-inflammatory activity in the brain through induction of IL-4 following interaction with SIGIRR/TIR8Ceire Costelloe
Trinity College Institute for Neuroscience, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
J Neurochem 105:1960-9. 2008..In contrast to its effects in brain tissue, IL-1F5 did not attenuate LPS-induced changes, or up-regulated IL-4 in macrophages or dendritic cells, suggesting that the effect is confined to the brain...
- Transient expression of ephrin b2 in perinatal skin is required for maintenance of keratinocyte homeostasisGyohei Egawa
Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 129:2386-95. 2009....