Gene Symbol: Ido2
Description: indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2
Alias: AI265623, C230043N17Rik, Ido-2, Indol1, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-like protein 1, indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3 dioxygenase-like 1
- Characterization of an indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-like protein found in humans and miceHelen J Ball
Discipline of Pathology and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Gene 396:203-13. 2007..We describe the discovery of another enzyme with this activity, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-like protein (INDOL1), which is closely related to INDO and is expressed in mice and humans...
- Novel tryptophan catabolic enzyme IDO2 is the preferred biochemical target of the antitumor indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase inhibitory compound D-1-methyl-tryptophanRichard Metz
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Cancer Res 67:7082-7. 2007..Here, we report the discovery of a novel IDO-related tryptophan catabolic enzyme termed IDO2 that is preferentially inhibited by D-1MT...
- Investigation of the kynurenine pathway in Indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase deficient mice with inflammatory arthritisLukasz Kolodziej
The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, Imperial College London, Arthritis Research UK Building, Charing Cross Hospital Campus, 65 Aspenlea Road, London, W6 8LH, UK
Transgenic Res 22:1049-54. 2013..In the immune system, two distinct enzymes, Indoleamne 2,3 dioxygenase 1 (IDO1) and Indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase 2 (IDO2) can initiate metabolic flux through the kynurenine pathway...
- Age-dependent alterations of the kynurenine pathway in the YAC128 mouse model of Huntington diseaseGelareh Mazarei
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics and Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Neurochem 127:852-67. 2013..Striatally specific induction of Ido1 and downstream KP alterations suggest involvement in HD pathogenesis, and should be taken into account in future therapeutic developments for HD...
- IDO2 is critical for IDO1-mediated T-cell regulation and exerts a non-redundant function in inflammationRichard Metz
New Link Genetics Corporation, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Int Immunol 26:357-67. 2014b>IDO2 is implicated in tryptophan catabolism and immunity but its physiological functions are not well established...
- IDO2 is a critical mediator of autoantibody production and inflammatory pathogenesis in a mouse model of autoimmune arthritisLauren M F Merlo
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, PA 19096
J Immunol 192:2082-90. 2014..In this article, we examine the effect of two different IDO enzymes, IDO1 and IDO2, on the development of autoimmune arthritis in the KRN preclinical model of rheumatoid arthritis...
- The kynurenine pathway contributes to long-term neuropsychological changes in experimental pneumococcal meningitisLay Khoon Too
Molecular Immunopathology Unit, Bosch Institute and School of Medical Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Behav Brain Res 270:179-95. 2014....
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor control of a disease tolerance defence pathwayAlban Bessede
1 Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, 06132 Perugia, Italy 2 IMS Laboratory, University of Bordeaux, 33607 Pessac, France 3
Nature 511:184-90. 2014..The resulting endotoxin-tolerant state was found to protect mice against immunopathology in Gram-negative and Gram-positive infections, pointing to a role for AhR in contributing to host fitness. ..
- Differential expression and regulation of Ido2 in the mouse uterus during peri-implantation periodDang Dang Li
College of Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 51:264-72. 2015b>Ido2 is involved in tryptophan catabolism and immunity, but its physiological functions remain poorly understood...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-2; a new enzyme in the kynurenine pathwayHelen J Ball
Discipline of Pathology and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW 2006, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:467-71. 2009..2,3-dioxygenase-2, indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-like protein or proto-indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO2, IDO-2, INDOL1 or proto-IDO), with this activity recently has been described...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in T-cell tolerance and tumoral immune escapeJessica B Katz
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Immunol Rev 222:206-21. 2008....
- Opposing biological functions of tryptophan catabolizing enzymes during intracellular infectionSenad Divanovic
Division of Molecular Immunology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
J Infect Dis 205:152-61. 2012..Thus, IDO plays biologically important roles in the host response to diverse intracellular infections, but the dominant nature of this role--antimicrobial or immunoregulatory--is pathogen-specific...
- Studies on tissue and cellular distribution of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2: the absence of IDO1 upregulates IDO2 expression in the epididymisMasakazu Fukunaga
Human Health Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 60:854-60. 2012..Recently, in addition to IDO1, a new isoform called IDO2 was identified...