Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Idh2
Description: isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 (NADP+), mitochondrial
Alias: E430004F23, IDPm, Idh-2, isocitrate dehydrogenase [NADP], mitochondrial, ICD-M, IDH, IDP, NADP(+)-specific ICDH, NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase, oxalosuccinate decarboxylase
- Suppression of tumorigenesis in mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase knock-out miceSeontae Kim
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:135-43. 2014..oxidative damage is one of the primary functions of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH2) that supplies NADPH for antioxidant systems...
- The IDH2 R172K mutation associated with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma produces 2HG in T cells and impacts lymphoid developmentFrancois Lemonnier
The Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network, Toronto, ON M5G 2C1, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:15084-15089. 2016Oncogenic isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)1 and IDH2 mutations at three hotspot arginine residues cause an enzymatic gain of function that leads to the production and accumulation of the metabolite 2-hydroxyglutarate (2HG), which ..
- IDH2 deficiency promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and dopaminergic neurotoxicity: implications for Parkinson's diseaseHyunjin Kim
a School of Life Sciences, BK21 Plus KNU Creative BioResearch Group, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, Korea
Free Radic Res 50:853-60. 2016..One of these factors, mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH2), has been implicated in the regulation of mitochondrial redox balance and reduction of oxidative stress-induced ..
- Molecular and Genomic Alterations in Glioblastoma MultiformeInês Crespo
Centre for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Faculties of Pharmacy and Medicine, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Pathol 185:1820-33. 2015..Herein, we review the most relevant genetic alterations of primary versus secondary GBM, the specific signaling pathways involved, and the overall genomic profile of this genetically heterogeneous group of malignant tumors. ..
- IDH2 and NPM1 Mutations Cooperate to Activate Hoxa9/Meis1 and Hypoxia Pathways in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaYoko Ogawara
Division of Hematological Malignancy, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 75:2005-16. 2015IDH1 and IDH2 mutations occur frequently in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other cancers...
- IDH2 deficiency promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and cardiac hypertrophy in miceHyeong Jun Ku
School of Life Sciences, BK21 Plus KNU Creative BioResearch Group, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 80:84-92. 2015..we have demonstrated that one of the primary functions of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH2) is to control the mitochondrial redox balance, and thereby mediate the cellular defense against oxidative damage, ..
- IDH1 regulates phospholipid metabolism in developing astrocytesElena Bogdanovic
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave, D704, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5 Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 582:87-92. 2014..In conclusion, our results reveal a role for IDH1 in the synthesis/turnover of phospholipids in developing astrocytes and highlight the lipid alterations resulting from the loss of wild-type IDH1 activity. ..
- Mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase knockdown inhibits tumorigenicity of melanoma cellsSung Hwan Kim
School of Life Sciences, BK21 Plus KNU Creative BioResearch Group, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451:246-51. 2014..Mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH2), an NADPH-generating enzyme, is one of the major antioxidant and redox regulators in mitochondria...
- 7-Ketocholesterol inhibits isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 expression and impairs endothelial function via microRNA-144Xiaodong Fu
Department of Physiology, School of Basic Science, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
Free Radic Biol Med 71:1-15. 2014..this study was to determine the effects and mechanisms of 7-ketocholesterol (7-KC) on isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 (IDH2) and its impact on endothelial function in both human aortic endothelial cells (HAECs) and C57BL/6J mice...
- Proto-oncogenic role of mutant IDH2 in leukemia initiation and maintenanceLev M Kats
Cancer Research Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center, Department of Medicine and Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell Stem Cell 14:329-41. 2014Mutations in the metabolic enzymes isocitrate dehydrogenase-1 (IDH1) and IDH2 that produce the oncometabolite D-2-hydroxyglutarate (2-HG) occur frequently in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Cancer-associated IDH2 mutants drive an acute myeloid leukemia that is susceptible to Brd4 inhibitionChong Chen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Genes Dev 27:1974-85. 2013Somatic mutations in the isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) genes IDH1 and IDH2 occur frequently in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other cancers...
- SIRT3 protein deacetylates isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 (IDH2) and regulates mitochondrial redox statusWei Yu
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry and the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Biol Chem 287:14078-86. 2012..The mitochondrial matrix protein isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 (IDH2) is a major source of NADPH...
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Dual compartmental localization and function of mammalian NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase in yeastQian Lu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 472:17-25. 2008Isozymes of NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDP) provide NADPH in cytosolic, mitochondrial, and peroxisomal compartments of eukaryotic cells...
- Regulation of high glucose-induced apoptosis by mitochondrial NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenaseAi Hyang Shin
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:32-8. 2004..oxidative damage is one of the primary functions of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm) to supply NADPH for antioxidant systems...
- Control of mitochondrial redox balance and cellular defense against oxidative damage by mitochondrial NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenaseS H Jo
Departments of Genetic Engineering and Biochemistry, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 276:16168-76. 2001..We investigated the role of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm) in controlling the mitochondrial redox balance and subsequent cellular defense against oxidative damage...
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA of mouse mitochondrial NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase and the expression of the gene during lymphocyte activationL Yang
Department of Medicine, Notre Dame Hospital Research Center and Nephrology Service, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Biochem 60:400-10. 1996..report documents the molecular cloning of the mouse mitochondrial NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (mNADP-IDH) cDNA...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- Comparative gene mapping in man and mouse: assignment of the genes for lactate dehydrogenase-A, peptidase-D, and isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 to mouse chromosome 7P A Lalley
Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:577-80. 1978
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978